Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1786024 times)

BikeJesus

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #481 on: September 21, 2021, 05:00:08 PM »
So groping an anime girls huge titties shouldn't be allowed, but taking a rocket launcher to a pedestrian is fine?

I say this as someone who thinks the majority of anime fans are degenerates.

"rape simulator"

:nsfw

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 05:12:58 PM by BikeJesus »

Potato

• Senior's Member
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #483 on: September 21, 2021, 05:09:17 PM »
But her Pleasure is only at 3

'cuz he hasn't clicked "touching boobs" yet.
He probably went straight to the "anal sex" button.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #484 on: September 21, 2021, 05:17:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-36#post-73808587

:lol
Gacha Santa Alter getting absolutely dragged in that thread
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/post-73809649
I acknowledged I was definitely complicit in some of the behaviour I criticize in a later post after the guidelines were posted, it's no secret I had some heated discussions with him in the past. I apologized for my conduct, vowed to do better going forward and hoped everyone would make the same effort. But surely you realize Chris, while a valuable member of MCera, was also prone to displaying a bit of an attitude when engaging other folks here, surely? Again I admit I may have fanned the flames in the past and I apologize for that, but he wasn't exactly trying to deescalate in many of those discussions. It's not as one-sided as you make it sound.
:iface

It's kinda bonkers that out of all people, it's Caiops who came out of this without any punishment. This lad has been on full troll-mode for the last few month and caused dozen of thread derails.

makes you wonder, huh...

Almost like he's friend with someone who was a m....... huh

Haha
Spud

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #485 on: September 21, 2021, 05:34:50 PM »
So groping an anime girls huge titties shouldn't be allowed, but taking a rocket launcher to a pedestrian is fine?

I say this as someone who thinks the majority of anime fans are degenerates.

"rape simulator"

:nsfw

[close]

"As you can see, your honor, the intercourse turned consensual eventually"

Jansen

« Reply #486 on: September 21, 2021, 05:38:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-39#post-73811518

Quote from: Aurc, post: 73811518, member: 20582

I want to preface this by saying I know I'm not a Media Create regular. I don't believe I've ever even previously posted in one of these sales threads, since I'm relatively uninterested in sales data. However, as it is of a direct relevance to the present situation with Chris, I feel I should at least offer up something that suggests even further that Chris's ban was unwarranted.

These posts are from the Era-affiliated "BiohazardERA" (Resident Evil) Discord server, which I've been in for awhile. The official stance from a moderator of both the server, and site (cvxfreak) is that the server is literally an extension of Era, and thus, I feel it's fair game to post anything from it that would be pertinent to the present situation:

The snarky post that Chris was banned for occurred on September 19, at 9:14 AM PDT. This was after cvxfreak had already made some bad faith posts in the BiohazardERA server, mocking the Media Create regulars and community, and acting proud for "shutting Chris up":

As can be seen, this post was made at on September 19, at 2:41 AM PDT, which... predates Chris's snarky post, obviously. How is it that cvxfreak is allowed to publicly (or privately, if you consider BiohazardERA to be a private community) make bad faith commentary against Chris and the Media Create community, but Chris is the one banned for perceived lack of decorum?

This is not the first time cvxfreak has behaved in bad faith, either, and I have further screenshots, should anyone be interested. I know this is about Chris, not me, but just recently, cvx brought up one of my Era bans to use against me in an argument, since a Resident Evil poll I made here did not go as he expected. Additionally, I've observed him waiting for one member in particular to slip-up, so that he can give him the banhammer.

If I get banned for this post, so be it. Thank you to all the mods and admins that have tried to keep the peace, but a serious conversation must be held with, and about the mods that do not.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 05:47:03 PM by Jansen »

thetylerrob

« Reply #487 on: September 21, 2021, 05:39:07 PM »
This sales thread drama tho :gladbron  :aah :rejoice

Propagandhim

« Reply #488 on: September 21, 2021, 05:39:25 PM »

I’m just wondering when this next one gets their ban for dismissing racism.

Did any other witnesses hear the slur word? Right now the allegation that a swear word was used if from the defense attorney. People are pretty quick to believe whatever story is presented to them. That goes for the hostess and the Texans.

:camby

Shut the fuck up!  Justice for Juicy!

BikeJesus

« Reply #489 on: September 21, 2021, 05:39:48 PM »
I want to preface this by saying I know I'm not a Media Create regular. I don't believe I've ever even previously posted in one of these sales threads, since I'm relatively uninterested in sales data. However, as it is of a direct relevance to the present situation with Chris, I feel I should at least offer up something that suggests even further that Chris's ban was unwarranted.

These posts are from the Era-affiliated "BiohazardERA" (Resident Evil) Discord server, which I've been in for awhile. The official stance from a moderator of both the server, and site (cvxfreak) is that the server is literally an extension of Era, and thus, I feel it's fair game to post anything from it that would be pertinent to the present situation:

(Image removed from quote.)

The snarky post that Chris was banned for occurred on September 19, at 9:14 AM PDT. This was after cvxfreak had already made some bad faith posts in the BiohazardERA server, mocking the Media Create regulars and community, and acting proud for "shutting Chris up":

As can be seen, this post was made at on September 19, at 2:41 AM PDT, which... predates Chris's snarky post, obviously. How is it that cvxfreak is allowed to publicly (or privately, if you consider BiohazardERA to be a private community) make bad faith commentary against Chris and the Media Create community, but Chris is the one banned for perceived lack of decorum?

This is not the first time cvxfreak has behaved in bad faith, either, and I have further screenshots, should anyone be interested. I know this is about Chris, not me, but just recently, cvx brought up one of my Era bans to use against me in an argument, since a Resident Evil poll I made here did not go as he expected. Additionally, I've observed him waiting for one member in particular to slip-up, so that he can give him the banhammer.

If I get banned for this post, so be it. Thank you to all the mods and admins that have tried to keep the peace, but a serious conversation must be held with, and about the mods that do not.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/post-73811518

popcorn.gif

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #490 on: September 21, 2021, 05:41:14 PM »

https://m.imgur.com/u6Ktppt
https://m.imgur.com/GQRmTN6
https://m.imgur.com/niQUYBY
https://m.imgur.com/XppueEG

At first I was like, sure but who really cares until I saw that cvx is resetera mod  :popcorn

« Reply #491 on: September 21, 2021, 05:42:28 PM »
Quote from: V0ltg
Seeing how Morrigan is still a mod here despite certain things they posted back on GAF, I highly doubt that cvx will get any kind of retribution.

summit time soon?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #492 on: September 21, 2021, 05:47:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-39#post-73811518

Thems some receipts, bitch!
Spud

Propagandhim

« Reply #493 on: September 21, 2021, 05:48:54 PM »

SUMMIT NOW

thetylerrob

« Reply #494 on: September 21, 2021, 05:49:21 PM »
Somebody post B Dubs saying the N word plz

BikeJesus

« Reply #495 on: September 21, 2021, 05:49:35 PM »
Seeing how Morrigan is still a mod here despite certain things they posted back on GAF, I highly doubt that cvx will get any kind of retribution.

summit time soon?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/post-73812745

- Unmod cvx
- ERA should issue an apology to Chris
- Unban Bruno and DarkDetective

SPOILER
- Unmod Morrigan for the islamophobic shit they posted back on GAF
[close]

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/post-73813117

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #496 on: September 21, 2021, 05:49:37 PM »

summit time soon?

- Unmod cvx
- ERA should issue an apology to Chris
- Unban Bruno and DarkDetective

-- Unmod Morrigan for the islamophobic shit they posted back on GAF

:sicko

Jansen

« Reply #497 on: September 21, 2021, 05:50:57 PM »
Don't worry they will lock the thread, ban the people speaking out, and try to sweep it all under the rug

Tis the era way

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #498 on: September 21, 2021, 05:53:51 PM »
Weirdo sales weebs are asking for blood  :jeb
Margs

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #499 on: September 21, 2021, 05:57:43 PM »
Interesting that the thread is still open.
If they would close it now, you know this would only make things worse and spread all over the board
:phil

thetylerrob

« Reply #500 on: September 21, 2021, 05:58:24 PM »
Make them taste your spite, sales nerds rise up!!!  :klob :trumps :rejoice :jeb

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #501 on: September 21, 2021, 05:58:29 PM »
It's not normal for forums to have big community controversies about every 3 months. The mods are really doing great work.  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #502 on: September 21, 2021, 05:59:20 PM »
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION

This is the first time we're seeing any of this. The mod in question isn't online right now but we've removed him from duty while we look into it. Due to time zones it's going to take a while to figure out what's going on.

To quickly clarify one thing about any Discord as an "extension of Era", that's just not the case. As far as we know that Discord isn't even run by a staff member.

BIONIC

« Reply #503 on: September 21, 2021, 06:06:45 PM »
He doesn’t even know Amirox’s real name!
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #504 on: September 21, 2021, 06:07:34 PM »
People were banned before for off site drama and posting things other members wrote on social media. Does that mean it's ok to go witch hunting for what members post on other sites to get them penalized here?
Officially, no.

Unofficially...

« Reply #505 on: September 21, 2021, 06:07:53 PM »

This is the first time we're seeing any of this. The mod in question isn't online right now but we've removed him from duty while we look into it. Due to time zones it's going to take a while to figure out what's going on.

To quickly clarify one thing about any Discord as an "extension of Era", that's just not the case. As far as we know that Discord isn't even run by a staff member.
Please let them establish a precedent that outing mods shit-talking on Discord gets the mod demodded. Please, it would have so much potential.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #506 on: September 21, 2021, 06:10:52 PM »
Weirdo sales weebs are asking for blood  :jeb
Unless they have a prominent gay black trans lesbian, they ain't gonna get shit.
Spud

BikeJesus

« Reply #507 on: September 21, 2021, 06:12:57 PM »
And Locked.

The peasants were getting rowdy.

Propagandhim

« Reply #508 on: September 21, 2021, 06:14:36 PM »
People were banned before for off site drama and posting things other members wrote on social media. Does that mean it's ok to go witch hunting for what members post on other sites to get them penalized here?
Officially, no.

Unofficially...

And Locked.

That's ok.  I'm sure the mod team will get around to answering this question eventually.

benjipwns

« Reply #509 on: September 21, 2021, 06:14:37 PM »
Quote from: B-Dubs
We don't have answers right this second so we're going to lock the thread for the time being.
A bit wordy for a slogan, but if it fits...

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #510 on: September 21, 2021, 06:16:13 PM »

Please let them establish a precedent that outing mods shit-talking on Discord gets the mod demodded. Please, it would have so much potential

Bduds right now

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 06:22:05 PM by Potato »
Spud

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #511 on: September 21, 2021, 06:18:32 PM »

Bans are also approved by 3 members. what about the other two that approved the ban?

:ufup
Oi Oi

Propagandhim

« Reply #512 on: September 21, 2021, 06:22:42 PM »
"I think a healthy community would be interested in exploring these Islamophobia claims made against one of our hard-working mods.  Can we have a conversation?"

:phil

« Reply #513 on: September 21, 2021, 06:34:12 PM »
this is the most distinguished mentally-challenged shit i ever heard of

Jansen

« Reply #514 on: September 21, 2021, 06:36:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-39#post-73812202

User banned (duration pending): Gratuitous attacks on completely unrelated staff, derailment

It begins

BIONIC

« Reply #515 on: September 21, 2021, 06:39:05 PM »
User banned (duration pending): Gratuitous attacks on completely unrelated staff, derailment

Gratuitous attacks
Such drama queens :lol
Margs

Propagandhim

« Reply #516 on: September 21, 2021, 06:42:49 PM »
"gratuitous attack" like the "harassment" that guy engaged in when he said he didn't like Nepenthe as mod on his personal twitter.   :lol

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #517 on: September 21, 2021, 06:48:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-39#post-73812202

It begins
:salute
Brought down by the Thin Purple Line. AMAB.
OBE

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #518 on: September 21, 2021, 06:50:36 PM »
From the constructive criticism thread

Quote from: Ashlette
mods shouldn't talk about their actions outside of approved channels.

that former mod in question seems like a real piece of work.

Yes, the real problem was that the mod wasn't using the right channels.

« Reply #519 on: September 21, 2021, 07:04:11 PM »
2019: Ketkatgate
2020: Cyberpunkgate
2021: Salesgate

Wonder what the fall-winter season of 2022 will give us.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #520 on: September 21, 2021, 07:04:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gabby-petito-missing-case-now-ruled-a-homicide-remains-found-in-wyoming-confirmed-as-hers.488941/page-9#post-73747354

User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Point of Comparison and Drive-By Thread Derail
Quote from: Samenamenick
I think for me, it's weird that this story has gotten so much traction on resetera. I realize there are a shit ton of true crime junkies everywhere, and that's the primary driver. But stuff I've read in related threads this week had me confused.

For example, ACAB is a widely accepted concept here here, yet the moment we find out the Laundries aren't cooperating, anyone agreeing with their stance of staying silent is dogpiled. How dare they do that to the poor girls parents, let the lawmen do their job!! Pro legal rights, except when we are positive we've got the bad guy. He fled, he's guilty! No press conferences by the Laundries, guilty! A good deal of (justified) pointing out of racist motivations for so many things, but it's a derail if it's brought up while discussing the mystery!

I personally think it's a disservice to her memory at this point, she's been reduced to a crime novel victim character in a book we're a quarter of the way through reading, thirsty to dive back in for the next development. There are online tears being shed looking through happy IG pics and loving postcards to kids like she was our little sister. But nobody gives a shit about her. Gotta catch that killer and finish the book

I'll leave it alone now, no more derail for me...just so wierd
   :hesright
OBE

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #521 on: September 21, 2021, 07:09:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gabby-petito-missing-case-now-ruled-a-homicide-remains-found-in-wyoming-confirmed-as-hers.488941/page-9#post-73747354

User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Point of Comparison and Drive-By Thread Derail
Quote from: Samenamenick
I think for me, it's weird that this story has gotten so much traction on resetera. I realize there are a shit ton of true crime junkies everywhere, and that's the primary driver. But stuff I've read in related threads this week had me confused.

For example, ACAB is a widely accepted concept here here, yet the moment we find out the Laundries aren't cooperating, anyone agreeing with their stance of staying silent is dogpiled. How dare they do that to the poor girls parents, let the lawmen do their job!! Pro legal rights, except when we are positive we've got the bad guy. He fled, he's guilty! No press conferences by the Laundries, guilty! A good deal of (justified) pointing out of racist motivations for so many things, but it's a derail if it's brought up while discussing the mystery!

I personally think it's a disservice to her memory at this point, she's been reduced to a crime novel victim character in a book we're a quarter of the way through reading, thirsty to dive back in for the next development. There are online tears being shed looking through happy IG pics and loving postcards to kids like she was our little sister. But nobody gives a shit about her. Gotta catch that killer and finish the book

I'll leave it alone now, no more derail for me...just so wierd
   :hesright
Influencer spends adult life seeking attention and now we're supposed to give a shit about her memory being used as entertainment?

GTFO with that bullshit.
Spud

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #522 on: September 21, 2021, 07:12:29 PM »
This Sales Thread talk and B-Dubs response is giving me some Deja Vu. Like its all happened before.

Like... they are acting... just... the same way... again?

That's it! cvxfreak is just a Kiwi Farms sleeper agent waiting years and elevating to a modship just to shit on SalesERA, transERA users, and make NepNep look bad!

:joker Its all according to plan.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #523 on: September 21, 2021, 07:15:04 PM »

Getting one big release every year :rejoice

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #524 on: September 21, 2021, 07:18:49 PM »
The usual procedure is for the thread to get locked, reaction thread makers to be banned, posts in the constructive criticism to be banned/ignored, and let it blow over like all the other past times something similar happens.

:shaqc
Spud

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #525 on: September 21, 2021, 07:26:01 PM »
The usual procedure is for the thread to get locked, reaction thread makers to be banned, posts in the constructive criticism to be banned/ignored, and let it blow over like all the other past times something similar happens.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #526 on: September 21, 2021, 07:26:24 PM »
Cross thread drama
Off topic, but I would frequent three threads quite regularly, with this and the Nintendo General thread being two of them. Let's just say that after recent revelations and events that that number has dropped to two. I appreciate the insight this thread brings and I hope we don't lose it.

A mod, CVXFreak, conspired against Chris1964, a long time JPN sales poster/compiler, resulting in a day ban that drove off the latter and several regular posters. This is coming off of another PAL sales poster being permanently banned from criticizing a mod off-site.

Honestly, this thread is my only reason to visit the website now.

It's among the saddest excuses for drama I've ever seen - the screenshots show nothing that's actually bad and the ban duration was one (1) day. Community threads by their insular nature are used to going largely unmoderated for very long periods of time and always take grave offense when rules get enforced there especially by "outsiders". We had to deal with this shit a stack of times back on oldgaf and it was always like this.

Not telling you what thread Era Mods, CLEAN UP DUTY ON ISLE NINTENDIE  8)
🤴

« Reply #527 on: September 21, 2021, 07:28:26 PM »
cvxfreak is a bit more "important" than Black Chamber.  He's actually in the industry and has connections to Limited Run Games as well as being a found of Brain Wave.  This is not a good situation for neither Era's industry legitimacy nor its staff.

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #528 on: September 21, 2021, 07:29:20 PM »

This season kinda weak imo

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #529 on: September 21, 2021, 07:30:27 PM »
I love that they just set the precedent that merely talking badly about another member counts as off-site harassment.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #530 on: September 21, 2021, 07:31:50 PM »

Clearly just someone who lurks theboredotcom
Spud

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #531 on: September 21, 2021, 07:31:59 PM »
cvxfreak is a bit more "important" than Black Chamber.  He's actually in the industry and has connections to Limited Run Games as well as being a found of Brain Wave.  This is not a good situation for neither Era's industry legitimacy nor its staff.

I have every faith in the Admins of ERA to make the worst decisions possible for the site's users and stability of the board.

FUME5

« Reply #532 on: September 21, 2021, 07:34:15 PM »
Jesus they're all just so....pathetic.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #533 on: September 21, 2021, 07:35:58 PM »
When was it not? thisisneogafresetera.gif
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #534 on: September 21, 2021, 07:37:22 PM »
Yep, it was already bad that he was on the receiving end of trolling and the troll got away with it and he got a warning. And it went from bad to worse when the mod got involved. And that's without anyone even knowing he had his eyes set on Chris from the beginning.

Man, this feeling sucks. SalesERA is one of my main reasons of being here.

And sorry for derailing the thread, I'm just really down right now because all that has happened.

You've got rebellions everywhere ResetERa mods :ufup
🤴

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #535 on: September 21, 2021, 07:40:23 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #536 on: September 21, 2021, 07:41:08 PM »
I love that they just set the precedent that merely talking badly about another member counts as off-site harassment.
My favorite part is that he wasn't attacking or insulting or smearing or accusing her of crimes or anything like that, he just simply said he doesn't think she should be an admin.

And they somehow found it and were quick to silently permaban.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #537 on: September 21, 2021, 07:41:11 PM »
Death, taxes and forum mods becoming insular and going back on promises of transparency.
You're just realising this now you mentally deficient puppy?

Can there be any justice made over actions that ended in the destruction of a decades long community :(
No justice, no peace!!!

I’m surprised he didn’t post an affiliated link to the book he was raving about that we all didn’t understand because were all stupid imbeciles.
:gladbron
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #538 on: September 21, 2021, 07:43:09 PM »
This is the first time we're seeing any of this.

lmao this is just bullshit  :lol
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #539 on: September 21, 2021, 07:45:21 PM »
Quote from: Gacha Santa Alter
I won't add to the mountain of notifications B-Dubs is receiving right now but I too would like to thank him for looking into this as soon as he did. I understand it may take some time but I hope everyone can reach a resolution the community is satisfied with and hopefully Chris, mazi and everyone else who left reconsider their decision.

Can this cunt get any more pathetic?
Spud