Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1785074 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #780 on: September 22, 2021, 05:03:34 PM »
has anyone even asked where nanashrew got those screenshots from? was nanashrew in a private mod discord somehow? morrigan wouldn't be talking like that in a general era discord like poliera etc.

Quote from: SubvertedTripe
The funny thing is individual mods dealing with years long trolling and harrassment campaigns from all over

re: this

I don't know that anyone is actually trolling/harassing any mods directly, they ban anyone who does it to their face, and it's not like anyone is out there TPing their actual house

I don't count poking fun at them from afar as harassment any more than it's harassment for anyone to laugh at anything, trump, nicki minaj, jj abrams, bean dad, whatever you got

but I would note that era has like 50 mods and the majority of them have never been mentioned in this thread or anywhere else because they don't do or say anything embarrassing
:idont
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 05:18:04 PM by Uncle »
Uncle

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #781 on: September 22, 2021, 05:04:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-general-discussion-ot27-the-hunt-for-dread-october-support-afghan-women.489427/page-57#post-73881223

Quote from: srtrestre, post: 73881223, member: 7048
So this might be a stupid question, but who "owns" Era (technically or otherwise)? Now that I think about I actually have no clue. It's not Nepenthe, is it?

If not, can this be escalated further up the ladder somehow?

Does nepnep even technically own her Nissan Versa let alone a website? :lol
Margs

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #782 on: September 22, 2021, 05:09:26 PM »

« Reply #783 on: September 22, 2021, 05:11:01 PM »
It's super hilarious to me that they're using 'off site harassment campaign', since literally Morrigan was off-site trying to use her mod powers to encourage posters to post in a specific way on-site. Like literally doing what you'd expect to be the definition of off-site harassment campaign, but nah, the actual problem is just acknowledging it on-site.

has anyone even asked where nanashrew got those screenshots from? was nanashrew in a private mod discord somehow? morrigan wouldn't be talking like that in a general era discord like poliera etc.

I ended up checking and he uses the same name on Twitter as he did on Era. Not a ton of additional information on there, but he is or was apparently a mod on whatever Discord:
https://twitter.com/Nanashrew/status/1440762872171155471

Also apparently was just legit mad at Morrigan encouraging brigading the thread:
i'm not really bothered. i felt that needed to be shared because there is no additional context that makes what morrigan did good, and enabled drive by posted in the MC thread.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #784 on: September 22, 2021, 05:12:19 PM »
:drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge

You all have lost your absolute fucking minds.

This thread will open when I'm ready for it to open.

When it does, that will be the end of this. Any more of this bullshit after I post will be actioned accordingly.

Leave, stay, do whatever you need to do to prepare yourselves.

woke

Boredfrom

« Reply #785 on: September 22, 2021, 05:15:45 PM »
Like I said, Nanashrew is a scumbag. Not surprised he was in the mod discord. More surprised that he was mad about Morrigan shitting on that thread (because I’m sure the guy was in many communities were people shit on other people and engineer attacks against them).

Kurt Russell

« Reply #786 on: September 22, 2021, 05:18:10 PM »
Like I said, Nanashrew is a scumbag. Not surprised he was in the mod discord. More surprised that he was mad about Morrigan shitting on that thread (because I’m sure the guy was in many communities were people shit on other people and engineer attacks against them).

woke

BIONIC

« Reply #787 on: September 22, 2021, 05:19:26 PM »
Quote from: Ashlette, post: 73882351, member: 23725
how did a mod f-up turn into a harassment campaign against a (now former) female moderator

that ain't constructive, fam.

Honkies  :cac
Margs

Boredfrom

« Reply #788 on: September 22, 2021, 05:19:41 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

???

He is a GamerGhazi. He was first line in defense against anyone pointing out how shitty Brianna Wu and likes behave during Gaf at the Gamergate Wars.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #789 on: September 22, 2021, 05:20:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-general-discussion-ot27-the-hunt-for-dread-october-support-afghan-women.489427/page-57#post-73881223

Quote from: srtrestre, post: 73881223, member: 7048
So this might be a stupid question, but who "owns" Era (technically or otherwise)? Now that I think about I actually have no clue. It's not Nepenthe, is it?

If not, can this be escalated further up the ladder somehow?

Does nepnep even technically own her Nissan Versa let alone a website? :lol

She will in 84 months

:ufup
:O

ShutUp

« Reply #790 on: September 22, 2021, 05:21:24 PM »

I see the TikTok leggings at least once every time I go to the gym.

And God bless the creator of said leggings  :rejoice

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #791 on: September 22, 2021, 05:21:28 PM »
how did a mod f-up turn into a harassment campaign against a (now former) female moderator

"Harassment campaign" by posting something she said in a discord

And the same site (I think even this specific member) regularly cheers on cancel culture

thetylerrob

« Reply #792 on: September 22, 2021, 05:21:28 PM »

If only there was something she could have done to prevent this

« Reply #793 on: September 22, 2021, 05:21:54 PM »
who has access to the era discords????

POST SCREENSHOTS

Not posting screenshots, but I can give the general vibe of them.  Certain already active server got 50 new members in under 10 minutes.  People shit talking the staff, new sales site in the works, assumptions about this being the end of Era, permabanned members shrugging over getting permabanned, stuff like that.

Fun times.

Bro, don't give away all our VTuberERA secrets. :shh

You joke, but I actually like how detached it is from all this, lol.  People there rightfully don't care about Era in general for the most part.

:idont

Playstation Era discord, where she's a mod.  I'm not in there nor do I know if Nanashrew was in there or if he got it from someone else, but that's where it's from. 

And she would absolutely talk like that.  I was in the PCera discord at one point and she would regularly say that and worse stuff about regular users.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #794 on: September 22, 2021, 05:21:59 PM »
Is Nep Neppity Nep Nep real, or just Bishoptl larping? I'm actually at least 50% sincere when I ask this.
woke

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
Oi Oi

ShutUp

« Reply #796 on: September 22, 2021, 05:34:21 PM »
who the fuck is this and what are they talking about

Quote from: Rover_, post: 73872295, member: 70779
screengrabbing this was prectitable and honestly, pathetic. you people are just proving CVX and Morrigan's point that you can't handle something and literally started a witch hunt.

with this attitude of mobhunting anyone who isn't pro whatever is going on? good luck. go make your own forum or something.

I get that there are a lot of wannabe mods with their lips permanently attached to mod assholes, but Jesus Christ.

The ones always doing the mob hunting, finally on the receiving end. What a shame.

ShutUp

« Reply #797 on: September 22, 2021, 05:38:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-49#post-73872907

Quote from: Icemonk191, post: 73872907, member: 7368
Hey Morrigan, wanna explain these posts of yours?

Mod edit: Content remove - offsite harassment campaign

Banned without a banner. These cunts learned nothing lmao

…offsite harassment campaign?  :rofl :neogaf :sabu

They just banned that guy from the sales thread FOR COMMENTS MADE OFF SITE.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #798 on: September 22, 2021, 05:39:11 PM »
by the way nintendoera discord has gained 242 new members today and counting, it seems like the primary lifeboat at this time

they renamed themselves to nintendo pipeline in the past hour and are formally distancing from era

everyone is shitting on era mods there but I think it's a "get it out of your system" thing because as per the rules they really just want to focus on the games and not drama
Uncle

Averon

« Reply #799 on: September 22, 2021, 05:42:45 PM »
These Discord receipts might not be happening if B-Dubs hadn't sanctioned off-site sleuthing during the CDPR disaster. All it did was give users the green light to hunt of shit off-site to get others banned. B-Dubs probably didn't think it would be used against him and his mod pals.

Funny how so many of their problems--to this day--stem from that CP 2077 debacle :lol

ShutUp

« Reply #800 on: September 22, 2021, 05:44:32 PM »
:drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge

You all have lost your absolute fucking minds.

This thread will open when I'm ready for it to open.

When it does, that will be the end of this. Any more of this bullshit after I post will be actioned accordingly.

Leave, stay, do whatever you need to do to prepare yourselves.

And of course it comes from Nepenthe, the one who permabanned a guy for a random twitter comment
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/post-73874461

They're so fucking terrified the second someone pulls receipts on them.  :lol

Don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to realize that their mod discord is probably filled with them shitting on the community

Trying to literally tell the people to shut up and take it. The skin is as thin as the cheapest toilet paper in existence.

ShutUp

« Reply #801 on: September 22, 2021, 05:48:53 PM »
How in the fuck do you not clean house of the current mod team after this? Not that the next batch will be any better but still, this is an absolutely (hilarious) massive shit show. Then you have Morrigan saying “hey we talk shit when we are off duty!” Right as they come back and ban members for talking shit every single day. People really are, finally, seeing that you have the protected gang on there and then everyone else.

« Reply #802 on: September 22, 2021, 05:51:44 PM »
The extra added funny, at this point, is that from what I remember Nepenthe was elevated to admin from mod in large part because of her response when the Asian Era summit stuff flared up. After everyone was pissed at staff, she stepped in with a less harsh and more conciliatory tone, and seemed to at least temporarily calm people down. I mostly just remember a lot of users being super grateful to her specifically in the early stages, before the constructive thread got going and people gradually realized fuck-all was actually changing.

Reusing her in this particularly community flare up might have seemed smart because of that, but this one has way more whites involved soooo

Klelk

« Reply #803 on: September 22, 2021, 05:55:21 PM »
Thread theme:

ShutUp

« Reply #804 on: September 22, 2021, 06:04:33 PM »
Got people posting some more of their irritation about this in the Nintendo OT there. NepNep sharpening her knives as we speak. People saying “man fuck that last post” seemingly talking about Nep’s draconian style of moderation.

Cheststrongwell

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #806 on: September 22, 2021, 06:07:18 PM »
Quote from: JoeBoy101
I have every faith in the Admins of ERA to make the worst decisions possible for the site's users and stability of the board.

You didn't let me down, y'all!

:win

Overall though, got to say BDubs has had a pretty stellar tenure as the head of the moderation team. Really.

:trumps :nothing :mods

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #807 on: September 22, 2021, 06:16:17 PM »

Quote from: mattude
SubvertedTrope said:
    Of course she threw oil into the fire, after nanashrew posted what he did and other users continued trollson lee's long quest to fuck with her. I'd have thrown a lot more than oil.

I don't know what users see the mods as but 'people' does not come to mind. 'Target' kinda fits.

Fucked up that everyone else made Morrigan post what she said in public spaces, they were literally there with a gun to her head smh

:gurl :comeon

Boredfrom

« Reply #808 on: September 22, 2021, 06:20:32 PM »
Why this is any different from getting mad about Ion Fury devs shit talking in discord? Or KetKat spying on mod discords and outing Royalan as an “acephobic”.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #809 on: September 22, 2021, 06:22:53 PM »
How in the fuck do you not clean house of the current mod team after this? Not that the next batch will be any better but still, this is an absolutely (hilarious) massive shit show. Then you have Morrigan saying “hey we talk shit when we are off duty!” Right as they come back and ban members for talking shit every single day. People really are, finally, seeing that you have the protected gang on there and then everyone else.

Implying the site owner does anything related to that site other than check his google adsense account

Averon

« Reply #810 on: September 22, 2021, 06:35:22 PM »
Cerium fucked off a while ago and left B-Dubs to manage the mess. And B-Dubs does it for free at that  :dead

Cerium get all the :money and B-Dubs gets all the :gamergate from the community
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 06:51:21 PM by Averon »

BIONIC

« Reply #811 on: September 22, 2021, 06:44:02 PM »
B-Chuds is a dumbass biiiiaaaaaattttcccchhh :lol
Margs

Averon

« Reply #812 on: September 22, 2021, 06:58:45 PM »
Besada asked for a fruit basket, at least  :heh

Wasn't gonna get one from Tyler, but at least he asked.

B-Dubs can't even do that.  :neogaf
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 07:32:23 PM by Averon »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #813 on: September 22, 2021, 07:30:22 PM »
era: "fuck white people. oh obviously I don't mean ALL white people lol, what kind of a schizo thinks a broad statement should be taken at face value  :lol"

era: "fuck men, they're all sexual abusers. oh you think that applies to you, just because you're male? well a hit dog hollers, methinks you protest too much..."

morrigan:

Quote from: Morrigan
So yeah, I wrote stuff off the cuff in a Discord about people I found excessively childish and pathetic (to be clear this isn't aimed at just random criticism but those going over the top about it, cop comparisons and whatnot).

maybe, just maybe, there's value in being specific

:ohhh :yeshrug
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #814 on: September 22, 2021, 07:36:14 PM »
Once again, I’m amazed at the stories of RE mods spending long hours and losing sleep modding the forum. Why? You’re a grown-ass adult, nobody is holding you against your will, just leave. Just log out and never come back. Don’t even tell anyone you’re leaving, just fucking ghost them. If it was a close-knit community with a lot of close friends, I’d understand putting in some effort, but all the sniping and pettiness and narcing that goes on, who has the time for all that shit? “Umm yeah, we’re gonna need you to come in this Saturday and review 20,000 reports of bad faith arguments and possible alts in the Media Creates thread.” Fuck that shit, I’m just gonna play some Tales of Arise instead, I heard it’s selling pretty well.
©@©™

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #815 on: September 22, 2021, 07:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Morrigan, post: 73872136, member: 27
Way to take everything out of context, but nothing is new.

People wanted to post in support of the staff post, but literally said they were afraid to get dogpiled. So I said it's cool, if you go in there in good faith to defend us, and you don't attack people, you're good

But nah gotta twist it all out of proportion like always.

Anyway, all of this is very funny because I never even had anything to do with any of this. But none of you care, you just want your pound of flesh. Well congrats, you got it.

I'm done with this shitshow. Enjoy your new Sales site.

Bitter sack of shit to the last :rofl

:success
Fuck you Morrigan.
OBE

ShutUp

« Reply #816 on: September 22, 2021, 07:52:22 PM »
era: "fuck white people. oh obviously I don't mean ALL white people lol, what kind of a schizo thinks a broad statement should be taken at face value  :lol"

era: "fuck men, they're all sexual abusers. oh you think that applies to you, just because you're male? well a hit dog hollers, methinks you protest too much..."

morrigan:

So yeah, I wrote stuff off the cuff in a Discord about people I found excessively childish and pathetic (to be clear this isn't aimed at just random criticism but those going over the top about it, cop comparisons and whatnot).

maybe, just maybe, there's value in being specific

:ohhh :yeshrug

Kind of like how she and her gang are childish and pathetic when it comes to shit like character designs in a video game. Or shit talking people you moderate and doing so from behind the safety of a Discord. Don’t even have the stones to just call it out on Era, gotta do it elsewhere (and then have her clique back her up and suddenly “offsite harassment” is a thing)  :lol

BIONIC

« Reply #817 on: September 22, 2021, 07:53:13 PM »
https://twitter.com/bronsonlee/status/1440776006248255492

Get therapy because of kideo game forum drama brehs  :neogaf
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #819 on: September 22, 2021, 08:01:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gabby-petito-missing-case-now-ruled-a-homicide-remains-found-in-wyoming-confirmed-as-hers.488941/page-17#post-73818874

User Banned (5 Days): Insensitive and Dismissive Commentary
Quote from: RustyNails
Is there a true crime type series/documentary being developed? I'd love to know what happened from the beginning, who these people were, etc.

OBE

Hermit

« Reply #820 on: September 22, 2021, 08:01:36 PM »
Has anyone blamed Gamergate for this yet?

BIONIC

« Reply #821 on: September 22, 2021, 08:03:14 PM »
Has anyone blamed Gamergate for this yet?

They are in the constructive thread
Margs

« Reply #822 on: September 22, 2021, 08:04:58 PM »
The "She should be let slide because she's a KF target!" thing just baffles me; it'd make sense if she'd been a target for more of the issue, but the seemingly bannable shit she did is why she's a target.

But also it's Dmax so like I'm not expecting logic.
Quote from: Dmax3901
Here's what I think, as someone who was initially critical of the response to Chris being banned for a day:

- mods have fucked up in multiple, easily avoidable ways since this all kicked off.
- a lot of the shit people got banned for after the initial Chris banning was justified, it's irrelevant to me what came out later, at that point we were all operating on the same information.
- the timezone defense was bizarre.
- CVX should no longer be a mod.
- Bruno saying "someone like Nepenthe being a mod tells you all you need to know" on twitter has discriminatory connotations and I imagine that is why they were perm'd.
- I'll also note that I personally feel there is a difference between a public twitter account easily found via searching vs screencaps of a discord requiring an invite when it comes to venting about forum drama.
- I agree with what hupla posted above regarding Morrigan, she's stepped down as a mod, is only human, and has had full-blown kiwi farm harassment campaigns levied at her (not criticism, harassment). Cut her some slack.

Despite all of this I totally understand why people would just want to be done with this place after such a cluster fuck of a situation. I still think this place at its core is worth sticking with, working with the mods to improve it rather than bailing entirely. But again, I don't blame anyone for doing so.

Also cites the "someone like" as being obviously a racist jab at Nepenthe, so that does seem to be the official explanation for why it's ok to ban for off-site harassment despite racism not being in the ban message.

I can only assume Quasi's death is coming:
Quote from: Quasi
I was just explaining why I think he was perm'd, because a lot of people seem oblivious to the optics of what he said. What would you say he meant by that tweet?
I think he just meant that he didn't think that Nepenthe had the right qualities/personality to be a mod. As a person. And if the last post in the MC thread is anything to go by he might have been on to something...

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #823 on: September 22, 2021, 08:26:26 PM »

:spiders
Spud

FUME5

« Reply #824 on: September 22, 2021, 08:28:37 PM »
LM, and I cannot stress this enough, AO.

BIONIC

« Reply #825 on: September 22, 2021, 08:36:14 PM »
Quote from: SubvertedTrope, post: 73888543, member: 47794
You started making things up so you are ok with it! See we can all do it, funny how it only bothers you when it's pointed at you.

User Banned (2 Weeks): Hostility and inflammatory accusations against another member. Previously banned for the same

Quote from: unknownspectator, post: 73892266, member: 14258
so, did the mods tell you on discord to troll this topic? Cause I think they might have :/

Dude got clipped, while the cock gobbler he’s responding to was literally accusing others of being alts and got nothing  :neogaf
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #826 on: September 22, 2021, 08:37:13 PM »
The "She should be let slide because she's a KF target!" thing just baffles me; it'd make sense if she'd been a target for more of the issue, but the seemingly bannable shit she did is why she's a target.

But also it's Dmax so like I'm not expecting logic.
Here's what I think, as someone who was initially critical of the response to Chris being banned for a day:

- mods have fucked up in multiple, easily avoidable ways since this all kicked off.
- a lot of the shit people got banned for after the initial Chris banning was justified, it's irrelevant to me what came out later, at that point we were all operating on the same information.
- the timezone defense was bizarre.
- CVX should no longer be a mod.
- Bruno saying "someone like Nepenthe being a mod tells you all you need to know" on twitter has discriminatory connotations and I imagine that is why they were perm'd.
- I'll also note that I personally feel there is a difference between a public twitter account easily found via searching vs screencaps of a discord requiring an invite when it comes to venting about forum drama.
- I agree with what hupla posted above regarding Morrigan, she's stepped down as a mod, is only human, and has had full-blown kiwi farm harassment campaigns levied at her (not criticism, harassment). Cut her some slack.

Despite all of this I totally understand why people would just want to be done with this place after such a cluster fuck of a situation. I still think this place at its core is worth sticking with, working with the mods to improve it rather than bailing entirely. But again, I don't blame anyone for doing so.

Also cites the "someone like" as being obviously a racist jab at Nepenthe, so that does seem to be the official explanation for why it's ok to ban for off-site harassment despite racism not being in the ban message.

I can only assume Quasi's death is coming:
Quote from: Quasi
I was just explaining why I think he was perm'd, because a lot of people seem oblivious to the optics of what he said. What would you say he meant by that tweet?
I think he just meant that he didn't think that Nepenthe had the right qualities/personality to be a mod. As a person. And if the last post in the MC thread is anything to go by he might have been on to something...

Well, that's a big fucking lie cuntlips!

From the totally constructive community criticism thread

Quote from: Dmax3901, post: 73747567, member: 4989

I gotta be honest I read the sales thread and it just seemed like a bunch of toxic children getting mad they couldn't continue to be toxic children. The ban that kicked it all off was for a single day, lol. Also, the comparisons to Asian era and trans era were laughable, it's a fucking sales data thread.

Quote from: Dmax3901, post: 73755961, member: 4989

The ban might've been misguided, but again, it wasn't a permanent ban or even a long one. The mods came in with guidelines moving forward which suggests that, regardless of how things were before, there are now more strict rules that will need to be followed.

The mass bans you mention were largely people being openly hostile towards the mods, continuing to post things directly in violation of the rules that had just been laid out and making inappropriate comparisons to the situations with minority groups on Era. I even saw someone insinuate a mod was somehow tied to an industry executive and thats why people were being banned, lol.

Dmax being a total bitch and angling for that mod position :lol

Spud

Propagandhim

« Reply #827 on: September 22, 2021, 08:43:43 PM »

Amazing.  Just amazing.   :lol

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #828 on: September 22, 2021, 08:43:48 PM »
these femboys cares too much about that forum, damn. anyway free chris chan or whoever it is they banned

« Reply #829 on: September 22, 2021, 08:52:07 PM »
Yeah, people don't like Nepenthe because she's black.  It's not because she's a psychotic hot head larping as a civil rights era leader while spending all her time behind a keyboard and spending tens of thousands of dollars on fursuits as she excises other marginalized communities like the Trans and Asian ones on the forum she moderates.  Can't be that all.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #830 on: September 22, 2021, 08:54:47 PM »
Oh well there goes Morrigan. Lurching back to her sordid grief hole underneath Westboro Baptist Church.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #831 on: September 22, 2021, 09:05:21 PM »
 :success

Jansen

« Reply #832 on: September 22, 2021, 09:05:41 PM »
Morrigan will continue to be an insufferable user with protected status to boot. Not much has changed just because they can't ban people. Scratch that, a new account that will be modded is being whipped up as we speak.

Averon

« Reply #833 on: September 22, 2021, 09:11:15 PM »
Quote from: SubvertedTrope, post: 73888543, member: 47794
You started making things up so you are ok with it! See we can all do it, funny how it only bothers you when it's pointed at you.

User Banned (2 Weeks): Hostility and inflammatory accusations against another member. Previously banned for the same

Quote from: unknownspectator, post: 73892266, member: 14258
so, did the mods tell you on discord to troll this topic? Cause I think they might have :/

Dude got clipped, while the cock gobbler he’s responding to was literally accusing others of being alts and got nothing  :neogaf

SubvertedTrope is either a brown-noser angling for a mod spot or is a joint mod account they use to shit-talk the users. At this point either option is equally likely.

« Reply #834 on: September 22, 2021, 09:12:14 PM »
I mean, given the tone of Nepenthe's lock message, they could definitely be planning to give Morrigan the Royalan treatment--she stepped down of her own volition because of not-on-forum stuff, and their act of banning the guy who posted the screenshots immediately after another mod lamented people not ratting out off-site misbehavior more makes it super clear where their sympathies lie. Once she's had some time to recover they can just add her back in. If the Sales/Nintendo exodus actually sticks, there won't be that many people around who know/care to complain if they do.

SubvertedTrope is either a brown-noser angling for a mod spot or is a joint mod account they use to shit-talk the users. At this point either option is equally likely.

Given that they hit the dogwhistle talking point right around the same time Dmax brought it up, and the influx of defense posts in the thread happening in a cluster, I just assumed both are in a discord somewhere with some mods and have been encouraged to help out by defending the team.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #835 on: September 22, 2021, 09:15:38 PM »
Once again, I’m amazed at the stories of RE mods spending long hours and losing sleep modding the forum. Why? You’re a grown-ass adult, nobody is holding you against your will, just leave. Just log out and never come back. Don’t even tell anyone you’re leaving, just fucking ghost them. If it was a close-knit community with a lot of close friends, I’d understand putting in some effort, but all the sniping and pettiness and narcing that goes on, who has the time for all that shit? “Umm yeah, we’re gonna need you to come in this Saturday and review 20,000 reports of bad faith arguments and possible alts in the Media Creates thread.” Fuck that shit, I’m just gonna play some Tales of Arise instead, I heard it’s selling pretty well.

COUNTERPOINT

At 732am this morning, a mod /admin on this very forum deleted a thread and actioned me via pm instead of walking away

Why is anyone reading the bore before noon
:O

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #836 on: September 22, 2021, 09:25:22 PM »

Given that they hit the dogwhistle talking point right around the same time Dmax brought it up, and the influx of defense posts in the thread happening in a cluster, I just assumed both are in a discord somewhere with some mods and have been encouraged to help out by defending the team.

if it was an actual person unaffiliated with any mods, you have to wonder at what point do you think to yourself ok I appreciate the support but the fawning is creepy

when do you say, I get that you want to help dude but I'm a grown ass adult and don't need this patronizing shit in order to function
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #837 on: September 22, 2021, 09:25:26 PM »
Couldn’t have been me, I was watching hentai.
©@©™

BIONIC

« Reply #838 on: September 22, 2021, 09:27:52 PM »
Why is anyone reading the bore

I wonder that every day  :foxx
Margs

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #839 on: September 22, 2021, 09:39:01 PM »
Yeah, people don't like Nepenthe because she's black.  It's not because she's a psychotic hot head larping as a civil rights era leader while spending all her time behind a keyboard and spending tens of thousands of dollars on fursuits as she excises other marginalized communities like the Trans and Asian ones on the forum she moderates.  Can't be that all.

She's also the only minority on the mod team, so of course anyone who dislikes her must be racist