Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1924075 times)

Potato

• Senior's Member
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #12060 on: January 24, 2022, 09:30:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/guilty-gear-strive-baiken-trailer.543725/page-3

Quote from: PlayerofGames
Still so sad to see that after making so many improvements in their female characters in the bad game, they’ve upped the fan service for DLC. It would be one thing to give her the same proportions as before (although it still would be bad), but they made the problem even worse

Large breasts = "the problem"   :brain

Remember when they claimed they actually just want diversity in characters? And now it's bad because they made "improvements" with the other characters  :doge
They want diversity, just not THAT diversity.
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands

Boredfrom

« Reply #12062 on: January 24, 2022, 09:50:09 PM »
. sphagnum is banned, that Second Thought thread is going exactly like all the previous ones... another quick reminder why I hardly ever bother to post about this kinda stuff on here.

It was good reading this thread while it lasted though. 

:kermit

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12063 on: January 24, 2022, 10:04:04 PM »
They're also mourning over samoyed getting permed :lol

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #12064 on: January 24, 2022, 10:04:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-request-a-copy-of-your-data-that-amazon-has-it-includes-literal-audio-files-from-every-time-youve-ever-asked-alexa-anything.543734/
 :insane
What the fuck did you think they were doing you idiot? This is not a revelation, this is common knowledge.
Can we sue them for this
:brain
You can sue for anything breh, won't know if you're successful unless you try, be the change you wish to see.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12065 on: January 24, 2022, 10:23:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-get-the-feeling-im-going-to-have-to-buy-an-iphone-not-because-i-want-one-but-because-everyone-else-has-one.543794/
I've been an Android user since 2010 with the original Motorola Droid, and currently own a Galaxy S10 that I will upgrade to an S22 next month. I've always told myself that I'll never get an iPhone - I love Android's customization, Google's array of apps, and I even think One UI is pretty good.

That's not the problem. While I can message my wife just fine using Samsung's system, literally everyone else I know - co-workers, friends, family - all have iPhones. This means everything from iMessage, reactions, images, videos, comes through weird. When people ask to FaceTime, I have to tell them I can't. And of course, I'm the one guy who comes through with those damn green bubbles.

I really, really enjoy the Android experience. I like to stand out from the pack, not just do what everyone else is. But it's bothering me quite a bit that I'm stuck in a substandard experience not just because of the OS I choose, but also because of the OS everyone else chooses. It's extremely transparent what Apple is doing here, getting people into their ecosystem by force, and unfortunately, it's working.
:hans1

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #12066 on: January 24, 2022, 10:24:50 PM »
Fish<

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12067 on: January 24, 2022, 10:33:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-get-the-feeling-im-going-to-have-to-buy-an-iphone-not-because-i-want-one-but-because-everyone-else-has-one.543794/
I've been an Android user since 2010 with the original Motorola Droid, and currently own a Galaxy S10 that I will upgrade to an S22 next month. I've always told myself that I'll never get an iPhone - I love Android's customization, Google's array of apps, and I even think One UI is pretty good.

That's not the problem. While I can message my wife just fine using Samsung's system, literally everyone else I know - co-workers, friends, family - all have iPhones. This means everything from iMessage, reactions, images, videos, comes through weird. When people ask to FaceTime, I have to tell them I can't. And of course, I'm the one guy who comes through with those damn green bubbles.

I really, really enjoy the Android experience. I like to stand out from the pack, not just do what everyone else is. But it's bothering me quite a bit that I'm stuck in a substandard experience not just because of the OS I choose, but also because of the OS everyone else chooses. It's extremely transparent what Apple is doing here, getting people into their ecosystem by force, and unfortunately, it's working.
Americans still haven't discovered WhatsApp or Viber or any other number of messaging apps not tied to your phone OS? Fucking hell...
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12068 on: January 24, 2022, 10:35:31 PM »
Overall, do you think social media has been good or bad for society?

Quote from: EviLore
Terribad.

:teehee
Don't try to fuck the vomiting drunk chick in the shower while you're trying really hard to be the woke video game forum number one referrer to Hilary maybe?
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12069 on: January 24, 2022, 10:38:22 PM »

Americans still haven't discovered WhatsApp or Viber or any other number of messaging apps not tied to your phone OS? Fucking hell...
Oh, nah ResetEra knows since they curse Facebook for buying Whatsapp so they can't really delete their FB accounts as much as they proclaim they're gonna do it.

benjipwns

« Reply #12070 on: January 24, 2022, 10:42:26 PM »
The Platform Wars bans are some of the most baffling especially when you look at a page with a single one on it and there's far more egregious posts, half of which are pretty clear shitposting, that aren't banned while earnest posts get the strike:
User Banned (1 day): Platform warring

At this point, considering how so many people here love it when Sony removes value from the industry by paying third-parties to limit what are ostensibly multiplatform releases and are willing to support them for doing so (not to mention screeching bloody murder when Microsoft did it in defiance of the new One Console Future with Rise of the Tomb Raider), I can't be bothered to feel bad when people want to trot out the red flags and whine about the perils of late stage capitalism or evil corporations when Microsoft acquires developers. It all rings so hollow.

And whenever people say that acquisitions are inherently worse because some people won't ever get to play those games, but then moneyhats can be played elsewhere eventually...well, that's a load of shit. The point of moneyhats is to get people who like a specific game or franchise or who want to play a game to buy the platform that monetary agreements have locked it to, and that puts fans of said IP squarely in that ecosystem. Enough of these over time and you may find that you've locked your fanbase to a single platform, and it might not even be worth the effort to release elsewhere, and this effect compounds the more people you sucker into buying your platform because of temporary exclusivity, to the point where a lot of games just skip other platforms entirely and future moneyhats are now even cheaper because the marketshare numbers start to snowball in your favor. Moneyhats aren't a one off thing; the point is to depress another platform's library, which can have lasting effects in the long run.

But here's the thing: it's exponentially cheaper to do moneyhats than to develop your own games and still reap a similar benefit, which is why Sony was content to essentially rent other publishers' games rather than spending that money at home creating, building. And that's now gone and blown up in their faces spectacularly. "Why does Microsoft have to buy? They must not be able to create," is something we've seen repeated from people, like "Why does Sony have to pay devs not to release on Xbox? They must not be able to create" is never something that crosses their minds. People are angry because they were ready to shovel that first bit of dirt onto Xbox's coffin, as shown by numerous post history callouts in this thread and others, and now Microsoft has not only survived, not only thrived, but is in a position to now dominate the industry. It's a reversal of fortune like little else.

And all those people saying "well, Microsoft just needs to have games, and then maybe we'll care?" Well, Xbox fans said it because they wanted games, and so many others (especially here) said it because it lends a veneer of honesty to otherwise thinly-veiled console warring. But while they thought it was just slightly obscured "no games" talk, they might not have expected that when some people wanted Xbox to have games, and others "wanted" Microsoft to "have games," Microsoft was taking that as feedback. And now here we are. They acquired two major publishers with a large and dedicated built-in fanbase, effectively wiping out the gains of a decade's worth of Sony's market-siphoning moneyhats, with little evidence that they're going to slow down, and I don't think I could care less that they're consolidating like this because Microsoft is just doing directly was Sony was doing indirectly for the last twenty-five years, and it effectively leaves Sony with no real gains as a result. And both the Xbox brand and the studios they now own will all be better off for it. This is a good acquisition. And what we're seeing play out is an example of competition. Go complain about your capitalist hellscape somewhere else. It's not Microsoft's fault that Sony had ten years to build their business up to weather this storm rather than sit on streaming and just kick ladders down behind them. And now they're boxed in by a Nintendo that has effectively wiped out their marketshare in Japan, and a Microsoft that is buying up western IP and dev talent to keep it out of the hands of FAANG, who cold just as easily have made this purchase and effectively spelled the end of Activision Blizzard.

Sony underestimated the largest company on the planet, which is a disastrous thing to do no matter what their histories are, and I don't see a way forward for them long-term that doesn't involve Microsoft keeping them around to further serve as a market buffer against FAANG companies entering the market. I'm not saying Sony can't still do well in this new paradigm, its just that when people say "all three are doing their own thing, Microsoft doesn't need to compete with Sony to do well," they're absolutely right, just not the way they think they are. Microsoft isn't competing with Sony anymore. Microsoft isn't even in the same galaxy anymore. They reached for the stars and found bigger threats out there. And if you care about gaming at all, you should be rooting for them right about now.
That's not even getting into how the length of these bans vary so wildly. It's almost like there's no set rhyme or reason behind any of these. But yet I've been assured that everything the staff does is extensively debated with prepared reports and quantitative studies conducted.

railGUN

« Reply #12071 on: January 24, 2022, 10:42:56 PM »
President Biden called Peter Doocy tonight to apologize for his remark earlier.

Quote from: excelsiorlef
Knew this would happen

:social2

But hold up a sec... isn't calling someone a "stupid son of a bitch" a gendered slur, or misogynistic or something? Like, why are we assuming this woman is a bitch?

:trumps
Fish<

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12072 on: January 24, 2022, 10:46:19 PM »
President Biden called Peter Doocy tonight to apologize for his remark earlier.

Quote from: excelsiorlef
Knew this would happen

:social2

But hold up a sec... isn't calling someone a "stupid son of a bitch" a gendered slur, or misogynistic or something? Like, why are we assuming this woman is a bitch?

:trumps
According to Morrigan
I'm a woman I can say it

railGUN

« Reply #12073 on: January 24, 2022, 10:55:16 PM »
Quote from: Wikipedia
It has been used as a "term of contempt towards women" for "over six centuries,"[3] and is a slur that fosters sexism against women.[4] It has been characterized as "an archaic word demeaning women since as early as the 15th century" that seeks to control women.[5] The word is considered taboo in mainstream media, and euphemisms such as "the B-word" are used to minimize its negative impact.[6]

Fish<

benjipwns

« Reply #12074 on: January 24, 2022, 11:15:21 PM »
Did Peter Doocy's mom (who is married to Fox News host Steve Doocy) disown him when he went to work for Fox News? No? Then she's complicit. Don't both sides this.

NekoFever

« Reply #12075 on: January 25, 2022, 02:02:49 AM »

I like to stand out from the pack
currently own a Galaxy S10 that I will upgrade to an S22 next month

Truly forging a new path there  :salute

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12076 on: January 25, 2022, 03:34:53 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/based-on-their-avatar-do-you-make-assumptions-on-a-members-character-personality.543665/#post-80857865
Finale Fireworker:
I associate people on the internet with their avatar first and foremost. It is their "face" and the most forward feature of their persona. It is how I identify them, recognize them, and think of them as people. In an abstract way everybody on the internet is their avatar to me. This is not some intentional thing I set out to do or a choice I make, it's just an automatic process that happens to me after all the years I've spent online.

So yes, I both consciously and unconsciously interpret things about the user based on their avatar choice.
Says the one who went ape shit over someone who had a profile pic like his.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-am-having-an-existential-crisis-because-some-random-person-has-an-avatar-like-mine-update-now-a-cowboy-and-doing-a-giveaway.360361/

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #12077 on: January 25, 2022, 06:07:58 AM »

Asians do seem to be the one community that actually left Era in droves. With posts like that, it's no wonder. Can Asians be Uncle Toms, or does Era have to come up with a different racial slur.

Why, my boy, that's the great thing about asians.  They can be anything you want them to be!

When they are attacked on the streets Neoprene can claim that they are really attacks on black trans people.

When asians say they are discriminated against when applying to college Napkins can call them privileged, white-passing, POC race traitors.

When they complain about bullying pigeon-holing on Era you can just say, "no, I'm trans, you are wrong."

They suit your needs no matter what point you want to make!
sigh

marrec

« Reply #12078 on: January 25, 2022, 07:56:38 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-calls-peter-doocy-fox-news-wh-correspondent-a-stupid-sob.543722/page-5#post-80881490

This is why democrats lose. CIVILITY!!!

Fucking shitcan the shitfuck advisors who told him to apologize. Like, just fuck you. You're gonna get shellacked the fuck out in the midterms, at least have the courage to go down swinging.

Two things:

1) The way some on the left so badly just want their own version of Trump really belies any kind of democratic value they may espouse. They WANT Biden to say the 2022 election is illegitimate, they WANT Biden to call people names, and the WANT Biden to stack the deck so fully against the opposition that it's impossible for them to get elected or, if they did, effectively govern. They want their own fascist.

2) They are SO CLOSE to understanding that public apologies aren't worth shit, but they still don't understand why they aren't worth shit.

SmokyDave

« Reply #12079 on: January 25, 2022, 08:15:36 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflixs-after-life-ricky-gervaiss-new-comedy-series.101289/page-3#post-80782451

Quote from: sHitman
Weak observations, poorly performed.

Every now and then I'll see a reset post like this, and I can't help but wonder how this person maintains an account, and why they'd want to. That's a genuinely good reference to an old XFM bit, how the fuck does this person enjoy stuff like that, and not find Reset insufferable?

These are the things that I think about. I might need to try heroin.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #12080 on: January 25, 2022, 08:30:46 AM »
I had fentanyl. It was "ok".

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12081 on: January 25, 2022, 08:34:59 AM »
it's really interesting looking at that long-running thread with its bemused positivity in feb 2019, before ricky gervais said certain things in december 2019, then seeing the recent spate of posts
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12082 on: January 25, 2022, 08:53:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-calls-peter-doocy-fox-news-wh-correspondent-a-stupid-sob.543722/page-5#post-80881490

Fucking shitcan the shitfuck advisors who told him to apologize. Like, just fuck you. You're gonna get shellacked the fuck out in the midterms, at least have the courage to go down swinging.

Two things:

1) The way some on the left so badly just want their own version of Trump really belies any kind of democratic value they may espouse. They WANT Biden to say the 2022 election is illegitimate, they WANT Biden to call people names, and the WANT Biden to stack the deck so fully against the opposition that it's impossible for them to get elected or, if they did, effectively govern. They want their own fascist.

2) They are SO CLOSE to understanding that public apologies aren't worth shit, but they still don't understand why they aren't worth shit.

srs bsns

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I know this thread isn't the venue for serious talk, but neither are other political bore threads either  :doge

so what are your thoughts on the subject of election legitimacy?

I'm well aware that recent challenges to the legitimacy of the election can't be equated, like on the one side you have trump railing about voting machines and fraud which eventually through multiple independent reviews are all proven legitimate/not an issue, then on the other side you have gerrymandering or new laws coming into existence which will absolutely impact some voters disproportionately

basically republicans openly lying to try to win, vs. republicans playing the "legitimate" legal shell game to win

I think there is an argument to say trump ranting about an illegitimate election is different from biden theoretically doing a similar rant

there's the aspect of the whole situation where both claims of illegitimacy stem from republican bad behavior, but here we end up with one side having cried wolf that now makes it look like the other side is also crying wolf, and I don't know if republicans are actually smart enough to have planned that or if it's just how things ended up

but discarding all of that, there are the very real effects of decrying election results, where you have 30-40% of Americans believing that Biden wasn't legitimately elected and what that means for their trust in government/media and how justified they feel in acting shitty toward others, which could just as easily flip to being the left's attitude if things swing the other way (in spite of how approval polls seem to show republicans don't even need to cheat to win at the moment)

I think it's ok to call into question all the legislation republicans are trying to push through as long as you're crystal clear about what it means and the difference between crying fraud and crying suppression, but it's a narrow line to walk
[close]
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12083 on: January 25, 2022, 09:04:53 AM »

*ring*
"Hello?"

"please hold for the President of the United States..."

"Hello Peter"

"Hello Mr. President"

"Look Jack, I wanted to call you to apologize for the comments I made earlier. I shouldn't have said that"

"Thank you Mr. President, I really appreciate it"

"I'm happy you accept my apple sauce, I mean apologee"

"There must be a lot of pressure on you right now with the crisis unfolding"

"I admit, things are tense and good folks are working hard to make sure things don't escalate and everyone stays safe"

"My people are doing the same thing as well, hopefully cooler heads can prevail. But you must understand we cannot back down tonight and will move ahead as planned"

"I totally understand, you can't just change your plans on such a short notice, believe me I know how hard it is to change a course already taken. I do hope that you keep it civil and keep the attacks limited"

"Don't worry, we'll be very careful with our actions and we will make sure not to harm your people"

"Thanks Jack! Now I must get back to it, see you soon in the White House!"

*click*

"Any news... Mr. President... sir?"
"I think we're in the green everyone, we best keep an eye on Tucker to judge the mood over there"
"Thank god, that was close - Wrap it up people - back to Defcon 2."
"Good job Joe, I knew you could do it. This is truely historic."
"Yeah Peter is not such a bad guy he did seem to have a cold though"
"Putin can indeed be very reasonable sir"

🤴

marrec

« Reply #12084 on: January 25, 2022, 09:36:45 AM »

Two things:

srs bsns

I know this thread isn't the venue for serious talk, but neither are other political bore threads either  :doge

so what are your thoughts on the subject of election legitimacy?

I'm well aware that recent challenges to the legitimacy of the election can't be equated, like on the one side you have trump railing about voting machines and fraud which eventually through multiple independent reviews are all proven legitimate/not an issue, then on the other side you have gerrymandering or new laws coming into existence which will absolutely impact some voters disproportionately

basically republicans openly lying to try to win, vs. republicans playing the "legitimate" legal shell game to win

I think there is an argument to say trump ranting about an illegitimate election is different from biden theoretically doing a similar rant

there's the aspect of the whole situation where both claims of illegitimacy stem from republican bad behavior, but here we end up with one side having cried wolf that now makes it look like the other side is also crying wolf, and I don't know if republicans are actually smart enough to have planned that or if it's just how things ended up

but discarding all of that, there are the very real effects of decrying election results, where you have 30-40% of Americans believing that Biden wasn't legitimately elected and what that means for their trust in government/media and how justified they feel in acting shitty toward others, which could just as easily flip to being the left's attitude if things swing the other way (in spite of how approval polls seem to show republicans don't even need to cheat to win at the moment)

I think it's ok to call into question all the legislation republicans are trying to push through as long as you're crystal clear about what it means and the difference between crying fraud and crying suppression, but it's a narrow line to walk
[close]

srs bsns

The problem with adopting the rhetoric of illegitimate elections is that it dilutes the "big lie" rhetoric you've been using over the last year AND is strengthens Trumps claims by allowing him to say "even Biden is saying our elections are fraudulent". Obviously there is a lot of ground to cover between the absolutely and intentionally incorrect claims of voter fraud during the 2020 election and state level attempts to disenfranchise voters for 2022 and 2024 but that nuance is going to be completely lost on 90% of people, all they will hear is:

IF GOP: Trumps claims of illegitimacy are truer than ever

IF DEM: Without federal voting legislation my vote doesn't matter

Biden should instead be working to restore confidence in the American electoral process. If the 2020 election was the most fair, safe, and highest turnout election recent history then when asked questions about 2022 and beyond he should say that democrats will continue to work toward ensuring that future elections are just as fair and safe for everyone instead of the Trump-lite answer given during his presser a few days ago.

If the "2022 may not be legitimate" is a rhetorical attack that Biden and other Democrats are going to continue to make, especially when they have no path forward for federal election reform, then confidence in American Democracy will continue to erode despite the fact that the state level attempts at disenfranchisement will likely make little difference in the 2022 outcome.

Notably, any attempt at casting doubt on the electoral process is sure to soften voter turnout and DEMs can't afford to have a soft midterm since they traditionally have problems turning out WITHOUT their President saying state level voter reform represents the death of democracy. Stacy Abrams probably didn't show up because she's doing the work that dozens of other DEM candidates should be doing, turning out the vote in spite of whatever legislative maneuvers GOP legislatures attempt.
[close]

marrec

« Reply #12085 on: January 25, 2022, 09:37:35 AM »

*ring*
"Hello?"

"please hold for the President of the United States..."

"Hello Peter"

"Hello Mr. President"

"Look Jack, I wanted to call you to apologize for the comments I made earlier. I shouldn't have said that"

"Thank you Mr. President, I really appreciate it"

"I'm happy you accept my apple sauce, I mean apologee"

"There must be a lot of pressure on you right now with the crisis unfolding"

"I admit, things are tense and good folks are working hard to make sure things don't escalate and everyone stays safe"

"My people are doing the same thing as well, hopefully cooler heads can prevail. But you must understand we cannot back down tonight and will move ahead as planned"

"I totally understand, you can't just change your plans on such a short notice, believe me I know how hard it is to change a course already taken. I do hope that you keep it civil and keep the attacks limited"

"Don't worry, we'll be very careful with our actions and we will make sure not to harm your people"

"Thanks Jack! Now I must get back to it, see you soon in the White House!"

*click*

"Any news... Mr. President... sir?"
"I think we're in the green everyone, we best keep an eye on Tucker to judge the mood over there"
"Thank god, that was close - Wrap it up people - back to Defcon 2."
"Good job Joe, I knew you could do it. This is truely historic."
"Yeah Peter is not such a bad guy he did seem to have a cold though"
"Putin can indeed be very reasonable sir"

Man, Tom Clancy books have really gone down hill since he died.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #12086 on: January 25, 2022, 09:47:14 AM »

Two things:

Do they not understand the concept of a moral high ground anymore? When Biden starts calling reporters son of a bitch you don't have anything to stand on anymore when Trump does the same.

Maybe it shouldn't be a surprise that hypocrisy is a foreign word for people on RE

marrec

« Reply #12087 on: January 25, 2022, 09:52:56 AM »

Two things:

Do they not understand the concept of a moral high ground anymore? When Biden starts calling reporters son of a bitch you don't have anything to stand on anymore when Trump does the same.

Maybe it shouldn't be a surprise that hypocrisy is a foreign word for people on RE

Today in "this sounds like horseshoe theory but is actually just basic human psychology":

At a certain level of investment in civic/social religion, hypocrisy becomes only something the other side can commit.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #12088 on: January 25, 2022, 10:00:31 AM »
Don't try to fuck the vomiting drunk chick in the shower while you're trying really hard to be the woke video game forum number one referrer to Hilary maybe?

Never underestimate the joy of vomit-induced muscle spasms.
woke

BikeJesus

« Reply #12089 on: January 25, 2022, 11:13:12 AM »
Her drip is crazy.
So is her titties.

I'll try her.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/guilty-gear-strive-baiken-trailer.543725/post-80867168

Edit. I see the mods are still relying on the bire to do their volunteer work.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 07:23:48 PM by BikeJesus »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12090 on: January 25, 2022, 11:22:54 AM »
Her drip is crazy.
So is her titties.

I'll try her.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/guilty-gear-strive-baiken-trailer.543725/post-80867168
User Banned (a month): Sexist objectification; member in junior phase
Time to fap... Play her excuse me

SmokyDave

« Reply #12091 on: January 25, 2022, 11:30:49 AM »
Quote from: Vex
Uuuugggggnn. I can just tell he is so dominant in bed and would tear my ass up 🥰.I want him to stand over me and order me to do things while I'm on my knees. Then, as I try to follow his orders, he interrupts me by taking me from behind and just fucking my brains out wearing those exact clothings. Just imagine his thrusting power making your legs shake? Oooo. He'd probably lift my ass up in the air with all that muscle. My feet wouldn't touch the ground, only my body fluids would.

and to the person who said they need to remove his chest hair? Why? Keep it so you have something to climb up while he is bouncing you on him.

seems I need to redownload re afterall. Fuck.

User neither banned nor warned.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #12092 on: January 25, 2022, 11:37:36 AM »
Uuuugggggnn. I can just tell he is so dominant in bed and would tear my ass up 🥰.I want him to stand over me and order me to do things while I'm on my knees. Then, as I try to follow his orders, he interrupts me by taking me from behind and just fucking my brains out wearing those exact clothings. Just imagine his thrusting power making your legs shake? Oooo. He'd probably lift my ass up in the air with all that muscle. My feet wouldn't touch the ground, only my body fluids would.

and to the person who said they need to remove his chest hair? Why? Keep it so you have something to climb up while he is bouncing you on him.

Same here:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/digital-foundry-have-ruined-gaming-for-me.540398/page-7#post-80401676

Quote from: LonelyGay, post: 80401676, member: 56835
Kinda OT, but I think John Linneman is so cute.  That gap in his teeth gets me every time.  Call me, King!

Username and post combo  :what

Almost like there’s a pattern I’m not seeing  :thinking :hmm :thinking
Margs

marrec

« Reply #12093 on: January 25, 2022, 12:05:01 PM »

Sir this is a wendys

ShutUp

« Reply #12094 on: January 25, 2022, 12:05:07 PM »
That Horizon preview thread once again showing these people cannot at all handle criticism of their beloved first party Sony games. Upset because people dare to call out the climbing mechanics in a game where the developers themselves have made the climbing mechanics a key point of discussion for the sequel. Whining that why is no one calling out Elden Ring for climbing when that isn’t a key feature of that game.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #12095 on: January 25, 2022, 12:09:13 PM »

Fuck. I went gay for 15 seconds there
sigh

BisMarckie

« Reply #12096 on: January 25, 2022, 12:30:56 PM »

I can't believe my fanfiction about SmokyDave got reposted on resetera and found by SmokyDave of all people.
What are the odds?

Propagandhim

« Reply #12097 on: January 25, 2022, 12:44:18 PM »
i can't believe smokydave -- THE smokydave... is part of so many white-aligned, white-adjacent, and white-tangential groups.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #12098 on: January 25, 2022, 01:06:18 PM »
Some of ya'll in here are really eager to normalize attacking the press. Looks like Trump's tactics worked on you.
I fucking wish a modern Democratic president had the balls to go against right wing hostile media the way FDR did.
You say normalize, but modern American politicians are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more friendly and collegial with the press than presidents of the past, and I don't think that is a good development.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-calls-peter-doocy-fox-news-wh-correspondent-a-stupid-sob.543722/post-80907293

Maybe this Nixon guy was onto something

Never forget, the press is the enemy, the press is the enemy…write that on the blackboard 100 times.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #12099 on: January 25, 2022, 01:08:09 PM »
Her drip is crazy.
So is her titties.

I'll try her.

User Banned (a month): Sexist objectification; member in junior phase
Time to fap... Play her excuse me

ArcSys more like ArcSus :teehee

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #12100 on: January 25, 2022, 01:27:44 PM »
She looks amazing, besides the boobage. Are there alternative skins for her where her clevage does not show?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/guilty-gear-strive-baiken-trailer.543725/page-5

:exxy

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12101 on: January 25, 2022, 01:34:45 PM »
is drip called drip because when you see it that's what your pussy does
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12102 on: January 25, 2022, 01:36:48 PM »
She looks amazing, besides the boobage. Are there alternative skins for her where her clevage does not show?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/guilty-gear-strive-baiken-trailer.543725/page-5

:exxy

Quote from: Noctis
Arc doesn’t do alts costumes, best luck is the modding community on pc

...Who will just make the character scantily-clad and/or the boobs even bigger.
 :show
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12103 on: January 25, 2022, 01:42:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/guilty-gear-strive-baiken-trailer.543725/page-5#post-80900795
Quote from: mnz
Quote from: MH MD
all modding i see are simple textures and colors swapping, not actual clothes

This video is from a channel that posts tons and tons of videos of ass n' tiddy mods/outfits.
:curious
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #12104 on: January 25, 2022, 02:32:58 PM »
is drip called drip because when you see it that's what your pussy does

it's because they probably have chlamydia

SmokyDave

« Reply #12105 on: January 25, 2022, 02:45:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-her-ass-is-part-of-her-character.275780/page-211#post-80906825

Quote from: BradleyLove
The generic white male is the sole reason I had no interest in Fallen Order. It’s Star Wars, ffs. If any game should have CAC then it’s a Star Wars Soulslike. I mean, given the utter wealth of alien lifeforms it seems even more insane to limit things to generic white male #10,768.

And yes, of course I’d choose a Wookiee.
:lol

Gonna need a new abbreviation in Aisle 3. I'd suggest 'CrAChr'.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #12106 on: January 25, 2022, 03:06:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-calls-peter-doocy-fox-news-wh-correspondent-a-stupid-sob.543722/page-7#post-80911709

Quote from: El Bombastico
Quote from: RustyNails
Abraham Lincoln banned the pro pro Democrat newspapers like The New York Herald. He did this because they were just being used as Confederacy propaganda. I wonder how many people know that.

He also suspended Habeas Corpus so he could just round up all the known Confederate spies/sympathizers in the North and throw their asses in jail.

They would be fine with fascism as long as they are the fascists.
OBE

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12107 on: January 25, 2022, 03:08:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-her-ass-is-part-of-her-character.275780/page-211#post-80906825

Quote from: BradleyLove
The generic white male is the sole reason I had no interest in Fallen Order. It’s Star Wars, ffs. If any game should have CAC then it’s a Star Wars Soulslike. I mean, given the utter wealth of alien lifeforms it seems even more insane to limit things to generic white male #10,768.

And yes, of course I’d choose a Wookiee.
:lol

Gonna need a new abbreviation in Aisle 3. I'd suggest 'CrAChr'.

ど助平

marrec

« Reply #12108 on: January 25, 2022, 03:32:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-calls-peter-doocy-fox-news-wh-correspondent-a-stupid-sob.543722/page-7#post-80911709

Abraham Lincoln banned the pro pro Democrat newspapers like The New York Herald. He did this because they were just being used as Confederacy propaganda. I wonder how many people know that.

He also suspended Habeas Corpus so he could just round up all the known Confederate spies/sympathizers in the North and throw their asses in jail.

They would be fine with fascism as long as they are the fascists.

Beyond anything other context, these two examples are of a President making war time suspensions of otherwise constitutionally backed freedoms during a civil war. Which sort of places these allegorical anecdotes far beyond our current state of affairs.

Unless El Bombastico and RustyNails are suggesting that Biden suspend constitutional rights of the political opposition without any precipitating civil conflict.

I wonder what you'd call a political party that forcibly suppresses normally codified opposition rights under the pretext of putting ones nation above the individual rights of those who would do it harm?

Vertigo

« Reply #12109 on: January 25, 2022, 03:33:19 PM »
The Platform Wars bans are some of the most baffling especially when you look at a page with a single one on it and there's far more egregious posts, half of which are pretty clear shitposting, that aren't banned while earnest posts get the strike:
User Banned (1 day): Platform warring

At this point, considering how so many people here love it when Sony removes value from the industry by paying third-parties to limit what are ostensibly multiplatform releases and are willing to support them for doing so (not to mention screeching bloody murder when Microsoft did it in defiance of the new One Console Future with Rise of the Tomb Raider), I can't be bothered to feel bad when people want to trot out the red flags and whine about the perils of late stage capitalism or evil corporations when Microsoft acquires developers. It all rings so hollow.

And whenever people say that acquisitions are inherently worse because some people won't ever get to play those games, but then moneyhats can be played elsewhere eventually...well, that's a load of shit. The point of moneyhats is to get people who like a specific game or franchise or who want to play a game to buy the platform that monetary agreements have locked it to, and that puts fans of said IP squarely in that ecosystem. Enough of these over time and you may find that you've locked your fanbase to a single platform, and it might not even be worth the effort to release elsewhere, and this effect compounds the more people you sucker into buying your platform because of temporary exclusivity, to the point where a lot of games just skip other platforms entirely and future moneyhats are now even cheaper because the marketshare numbers start to snowball in your favor. Moneyhats aren't a one off thing; the point is to depress another platform's library, which can have lasting effects in the long run.

But here's the thing: it's exponentially cheaper to do moneyhats than to develop your own games and still reap a similar benefit, which is why Sony was content to essentially rent other publishers' games rather than spending that money at home creating, building. And that's now gone and blown up in their faces spectacularly. "Why does Microsoft have to buy? They must not be able to create," is something we've seen repeated from people, like "Why does Sony have to pay devs not to release on Xbox? They must not be able to create" is never something that crosses their minds. People are angry because they were ready to shovel that first bit of dirt onto Xbox's coffin, as shown by numerous post history callouts in this thread and others, and now Microsoft has not only survived, not only thrived, but is in a position to now dominate the industry. It's a reversal of fortune like little else.

And all those people saying "well, Microsoft just needs to have games, and then maybe we'll care?" Well, Xbox fans said it because they wanted games, and so many others (especially here) said it because it lends a veneer of honesty to otherwise thinly-veiled console warring. But while they thought it was just slightly obscured "no games" talk, they might not have expected that when some people wanted Xbox to have games, and others "wanted" Microsoft to "have games," Microsoft was taking that as feedback. And now here we are. They acquired two major publishers with a large and dedicated built-in fanbase, effectively wiping out the gains of a decade's worth of Sony's market-siphoning moneyhats, with little evidence that they're going to slow down, and I don't think I could care less that they're consolidating like this because Microsoft is just doing directly was Sony was doing indirectly for the last twenty-five years, and it effectively leaves Sony with no real gains as a result. And both the Xbox brand and the studios they now own will all be better off for it. This is a good acquisition. And what we're seeing play out is an example of competition. Go complain about your capitalist hellscape somewhere else. It's not Microsoft's fault that Sony had ten years to build their business up to weather this storm rather than sit on streaming and just kick ladders down behind them. And now they're boxed in by a Nintendo that has effectively wiped out their marketshare in Japan, and a Microsoft that is buying up western IP and dev talent to keep it out of the hands of FAANG, who cold just as easily have made this purchase and effectively spelled the end of Activision Blizzard.

Sony underestimated the largest company on the planet, which is a disastrous thing to do no matter what their histories are, and I don't see a way forward for them long-term that doesn't involve Microsoft keeping them around to further serve as a market buffer against FAANG companies entering the market. I'm not saying Sony can't still do well in this new paradigm, its just that when people say "all three are doing their own thing, Microsoft doesn't need to compete with Sony to do well," they're absolutely right, just not the way they think they are. Microsoft isn't competing with Sony anymore. Microsoft isn't even in the same galaxy anymore. They reached for the stars and found bigger threats out there. And if you care about gaming at all, you should be rooting for them right about now.
That's not even getting into how the length of these bans vary so wildly. It's almost like there's no set rhyme or reason behind any of these. But yet I've been assured that everything the staff does is extensively debated with prepared reports and quantitative studies conducted.

I did wonder why that poster was banned as that post was fairly innocuous, then I saw that thin lipped and and thin skinned 'caller of cunts' Morrigan had posted on the same page moaning about that great Synth post.

She probably reported it to one of her mod buddies.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #12110 on: January 25, 2022, 03:38:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-her-ass-is-part-of-her-character.275780/page-210#post-80820248
Quote from: Rhaknar
Damn, Blaster Master Zero 2 was fantastic, better than the first game in every way, one of the best metroidvanias I've played in ages

*gets the true ending

(Image removed from quote.)

At first glance, I thought it was a bunch of stretched underarm skin bouncing around, like someone who had a gastric bypass and lost weight way too quickly.
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12111 on: January 25, 2022, 03:54:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-her-ass-is-part-of-her-character.275780/page-210#post-80820248
Damn, Blaster Master Zero 2 was fantastic, better than the first game in every way, one of the best metroidvanias I've played in ages

*gets the true ending

At first glance, I thought it was a bunch of stretched underarm skin bouncing around, like someone who had a gastric bypass and lost weight way too quickly.

ど助平

Boredfrom

« Reply #12112 on: January 25, 2022, 04:06:33 PM »

*gets the true ending

Don’t talk shit of Marty McFly’s mom.

Jansen

« Reply #12113 on: January 25, 2022, 05:41:29 PM »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12114 on: January 25, 2022, 05:44:15 PM »
When Benji rests we take over  :salute

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #12115 on: January 25, 2022, 05:46:10 PM »
Her drip is crazy.
So is her titties.

I'll try her.

Banned for a month

This calls for a summit. This is clearly an intersectional issue. Was the members black status even checked?

Also the thread is weird

"She's literally two walking tits" "Which one is her head" = not objectification

"Those tits are crazy" = objectification
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 05:55:02 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12116 on: January 25, 2022, 06:06:11 PM »
The Rise of the Tomb Raider situation is being dragged out of the mud but I don't think the situation is comparable at all.
At that time Microsoft was in a bad spot. They had closed most studios and Xbox One was tanking. So all they could muster was to money hat a timed exclusive.
Later they would admit that their own efforts at developing a third person action game like Uncharted had gone nowhere (presumably the 12th attempt to reboot Perfect Dark) and this was something they could pick up along the way.

When it released they didn't even promote it that well because HALO 5: Guardians was their big release that holiday season.
To me it always looked like a 'plan B' in case HALO 5 didn't make it time.

All of those shenanigans certainly hurt the reception of the game at launch and the franchise.
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #12117 on: January 25, 2022, 06:10:45 PM »

By "known Confederate spies/sympathizers" I assume he is excluding the personal opponents of Lincoln and his generals including those who criticized the war from a pro-Union perspective, those who criticized the draft for being slavery and members of Congress who were "escorted" into hostile territory effectively expelling them from the country for insulting the President. All of which were illegally arrested, not granted even military trials and had any form of recourse denied. Lincoln and his generals imprisoned, without trial, entire city governments because they were political opponents before they could even act in some way to "undermine" the war effort.

And to go further because I am required by statute. Lincoln's suspensions of civil liberties, despite being in war time as marrec notes, were not legal. The President does not have the authority to suspend habeas, only Congress does. And despite a compliant Republican Congress they did not back Lincoln (nor did the Supreme Court) and only by compromise did they not admonish Lincoln. Notably, the greatest successes of the war came after Lincoln stopped trying to suppress domestic civil liberties personally and spending all his time engaging in politics with his generals rather than focus on conduct of the war. (Congress would suspend habeas so the violations of civil liberties would continue until after the war.)

Lastly, as one would expect, when the Supreme Court struck down Lincoln's order as illegal and Lincoln ignored the ruling a newspaper criticized Lincoln for not respecting the rule of law. The editor was arrested and imprisoned for over a year without trial. When he wrote a book about his imprisonment the publishers of the book were then arrested and held.

This clearly tyrannical behavior ResetERA.com prominent members find to be illustrative as to what President Biden should be doing regarding journalists asking him about inflation at public conferences about inflation.

Beyond anything other context, these two examples are of a President making war time suspensions of otherwise constitutionally backed freedoms during a civil war. Which sort of places these allegorical anecdotes far beyond our current state of affairs.

Unless El Bombastico and RustyNails are suggesting that Biden suspend constitutional rights of the political opposition without any precipitating civil conflict.

I wonder what you'd call a political party that forcibly suppresses normally codified opposition rights under the pretext of putting ones nation above the individual rights of those who would do it harm?
They regularly LARP about how we're on the immediate verge of an even worse civil war against the white nationalists. 2022 will not be a legitimate election because not only has democracy already died but because the ongoing civil war will prove to be a burden to minority voters.

Boredfrom

« Reply #12118 on: January 25, 2022, 06:15:24 PM »
. This clearly tyrannical behavior ResetERA.com prominent members find to be illustrative as to what President Biden should be doing regarding journalists asking him about inflation at public conferences about inflation.

Being fair, that makes his question worse.  :doge

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #12119 on: January 25, 2022, 06:22:21 PM »

By "known Confederate spies/sympathizers" I assume he is excluding the personal opponents of Lincoln and his generals including those who criticized the war from a pro-Union perspective, those who criticized the draft for being slavery and members of Congress who were "escorted" into hostile territory effectively expelling them from the country for insulting the President. All of which were illegally arrested, not granted even military trials and had any form of recourse denied. Lincoln and his generals imprisoned, without trial, entire city governments because they were political opponents before they could even act in some way to "undermine" the war effort.

And to go further because I am required by statute. Lincoln's suspensions of civil liberties, despite being in war time as marrec notes, were not legal. The President does not have the authority to suspend habeas, only Congress does. And despite a compliant Republican Congress they did not back Lincoln (nor did the Supreme Court) and only by compromise did they not admonish Lincoln. Notably, the greatest successes of the war came after Lincoln stopped trying to suppress domestic civil liberties personally and spending all his time engaging in politics with his generals rather than focus on conduct of the war. (Congress would suspend habeas so the violations of civil liberties would continue until after the war.)

Lastly, as one would expect, when the Supreme Court struck down Lincoln's order as illegal and Lincoln ignored the ruling a newspaper criticized Lincoln for not respecting the rule of law. The editor was arrested and imprisoned for over a year without trial. When he wrote a book about his imprisonment the publishers of the book were then arrested and held.

This clearly tyrannical behavior ResetERA.com prominent members find to be illustrative as to what President Biden should be doing regarding journalists asking him about inflation at public conferences about inflation.

They regularly LARP about how we're on the immediate verge of an even worse civil war against the white nationalists. 2022 will not be a legitimate election because not only has democracy already died but because the ongoing civil war will prove to be a burden to minority voters.

I thought that would be benji-bait.
OBE