Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1785090 times)

Boredfrom

Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #22860 on: June 22, 2022, 06:13:02 PM »
User banned (1 day): Platform wars. Account in junior phase.
Oof Ryse. I think Titanfall was another Sony exclusive style game. It seems Xbox users have a sophisticated palette and don't enjoy borderline tech demo cut scene games.

:hesright

>Batting for Titanfall 1  :doge

Isn’t the game infamous because it’s  half hassed campaign?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #22861 on: June 22, 2022, 06:16:45 PM »
Titanfall is great, they always told you it was multiplayer only so it was your own fault if you expected a single player campaign. :yeshrug

Boredfrom

« Reply #22862 on: June 22, 2022, 06:18:52 PM »
Titanfall is great, they always told you it was multiplayer only so it was your own fault if you expected a single player campaign. :yeshrug

Then Titanfall 2 happened and everyone loved the campaign.  :trumps

benjipwns

« Reply #22863 on: June 22, 2022, 06:21:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/samba-ms-marvel-has-lowest-us-viewership-debut-of-mcu-disney-shows-but-is-a-hit-with-gen-z-draws-more-diverse-audience.597534/page-14#post-88762158
Plus she's not traditional "eye candy" so to speak. I think a lot of people are fooling themselves if they say people don't watch "teenage dramas" for the eye candy, it's what the CW is built on, and this show purposefully avoids that (which is great).
This is a fun post because Ms. Marvel's ratings according to the tweet that starts off that thread is right in line with The CW's superheroes shows. And The CW's superhero shows all have better ratings than The CW's teen drama shows, for example Riverdale only pulls in 500k, Ms. Marvel apparently got 775k. (The other MCU Disney+ shows according to the tweets in the OP also only mildly outdraw The CW's superhero shows which is surprising because I assumed they were much bigger considering how much attention they receive online from the media, people like those on ResetERA.com, etc. while The CW stuff barely gets any attention.)

benjipwns

« Reply #22864 on: June 22, 2022, 06:23:49 PM »

I've actually never gotten around to playing it, only have billions of multiplayer hours until I fell off this last year. :elon

Boredfrom

« Reply #22865 on: June 22, 2022, 06:30:11 PM »

I've actually never gotten around to playing it, only have billions of multiplayer hours until I fell off this last year. :elon

Thats fair. Im mostly a single player guy. Thats why is strange to me that people complain about ¨borderline tech demo cut scene games¨ when is matter of taste and having just multiplayer to me is way worse.  :idont

benjipwns

« Reply #22866 on: June 22, 2022, 06:40:26 PM »
We're out of shrugging emoticons. :notlikethis

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #22867 on: June 22, 2022, 06:56:44 PM »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #22868 on: June 22, 2022, 07:18:52 PM »

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #22869 on: June 22, 2022, 07:37:00 PM »
We're out of shrugging emoticons. :notlikethis

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #22870 on: June 22, 2022, 07:56:49 PM »
:gaas
Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22872 on: June 22, 2022, 08:04:48 PM »
They have a three page thread for the Disney+ release of a movie that came out two months ago.

Jeez

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #22873 on: June 22, 2022, 08:30:51 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22874 on: June 22, 2022, 08:44:44 PM »
my face is tired
Uncle

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #22875 on: June 22, 2022, 11:56:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ohio-state-buckeyes-win-trademark-right-to-the-word-the.599202/page-2#post-88900035

:cop User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory rhetoric
Quote from: 23qwerty
Quote from: Benzychenz
Why is US college culture so weird?

I’m obviously only exposed to it through movies and stuff but it’s always portrayed as so proud and tribal.
they're not the brightest bunch
Belief in God in U.S. dips to 81%, a new low
https://www.resetera.com/threads/belief-in-god-in-u-s-dips-to-81-a-new-low.597447/

Hit dog hollers. :lol
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #22876 on: June 23, 2022, 12:38:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-new-manager-at-our-store-wants-me-to-leave-at-10-when-the-store-closed-but-also-wants-me-to-serve-customers-until-10.599304/
I work in the deli so there's a significant amount of work that can't even be started until you stop serving customers, I have to clean the slicers thoroughly, sweep, mop, do dishes, make three trips across the store to the back room with the mop, cart with dishes/trash and a cart with products to put in the meat cooler overnight.

Normally i just stop serving customers at 9:45 and I'm out by 10 or 10:05 and other managers seem fine with that but yesterday this new manager tracked me down yelling my name in the back room then made me stand at attention until 10 to help customers, so today I just waited until 10 to start closing and she came back three separate times between 10:05 and 10:20 to ask when I'd be clocking out...

Looking back I should have stuck up for myself and told her she can't have things both ways but I'm too passive for that.

benjipwns

« Reply #22877 on: June 23, 2022, 12:51:25 AM »
Not saying the manger isn't probably a bitch TERF but it seems like there could be a middle ground between "start closing" and "be closed completely" somewhere here that the TERF is looking for and might be able to explain if asked. The thread however has (accurately) identified capitalism as the problem.

benjipwns

« Reply #22878 on: June 23, 2022, 02:42:56 AM »
BAN 👏 KOTAKU 👏

Vilifying Amber Heard Shows We Learned Nothing From GamerGate

jorma

« Reply #22879 on: June 23, 2022, 02:47:54 AM »
Not saying the manger isn't probably a bitch TERF but it seems like there could be a middle ground between "start closing" and "be closed completely" somewhere here that the TERF is looking for and might be able to explain if asked. The thread however has (accurately) identified capitalism as the problem.

I don't know what the problem is, but the solution where i live is usually a well functioning union.  :trumps

benjipwns

« Reply #22880 on: June 23, 2022, 02:50:26 AM »
I don't know what the problem is, but the solution where i live is usually a well functioning union.  :trumps
Unions promote fascism by placating the working class rather than causing them to achieve the needed revolution that destroys capitalism permanently. Do better.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #22881 on: June 23, 2022, 03:01:12 AM »
This goober gate nonsense is baffling because it accomplished fuck all, but it is somehow the cause of all our ills?

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #22882 on: June 23, 2022, 05:10:11 AM »
BAN 👏 KOTAKU 👏

It will be amusing to see Era react when the narrative is that if you don't like Aquaman 2 it's because you are a misogynist.
OBE

Mostima

« Reply #22883 on: June 23, 2022, 06:09:10 AM »
Come on Kotaku, this is low even for you. You can't just write about anything you want and pass it off as gaming related just because you namedrop gamergate. :doge

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #22884 on: June 23, 2022, 06:48:42 AM »
Come on Kotaku, this is low even for you. You can't just write about anything you want and pass it off as gaming related just because you namedrop gamergate. :doge
Have you not read anything from Kotaku lately? When was the last time they actually wrote about video games?
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22885 on: June 23, 2022, 07:07:34 AM »
BAN 👏 KOTAKU 👏

This is pretty good (actually, bad) in the sense the authors vacuous facile take on something they demonstrably have no first hand knowledge or experience of and couldn't be fucked to do even surface level research on extends to three seperate mediums in the same fucking hot-op-ed piece.

• The UK court case was about whether the Sun had any reason to believe Amber Heard, and were not deliberately perpetuating a lie, not that she was truthful
  • OG Lara Croft isn't a problem free pretty girl - she was a borderline psychotic thrill seeker with daddy issues and a partial death wish
  • Jane Eyre isn't some vapid docile beauty - she's some frumpy weirdo with childhood hysteria and has at least two psychotic breaks / fugue states in the book

Good job!   :itagaki

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22886 on: June 23, 2022, 08:18:45 AM »
Ironic how influential old men only care about women rights when they can fuck over a marginalized group at the same time. When it's about reproductive rights, equal pay, rape, abuse or trafficking issues they either don't care or are even against giving women equal or special rights.

:dunno

There isn't any threat to reproductive rights because its a medical issue, and as such is freely available to all who need it as part of universal health care, our figurative head of state and our last actual head of state were women, the biggest threat to sex as a protected class regarding hiring and pay is, errrr, trans lobbyists who want to remove that protection in favour of a self identified gender protection instead, and likewise the biggest downplaying of womens safety is also errrrrr the trans lobby again, whether thats by the stonewall diversity consultants mandate on making senior police officers stand up and mourn the (zero in the last 5 years) trans deaths a few months after an actual fucking police officer raped and murdered a woman without any performative mourning, or persistent attempts to imprison sexually predatory trans women in all female prisons. Also not for nothing the loudest 'gender critical' voices are in fact cis women, and their loudest opponents are baldy beardy blue ticks telling them not to worry about the very things they are worried about.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22887 on: June 23, 2022, 08:23:59 AM »
As a Muslim I didn’t expect any better. Fine with me anyways if at least this time we’ll be presented as non terrorist for the first fucking time
What recent media has done the opposite?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22888 on: June 23, 2022, 08:31:06 AM »
yeah honestly I'm having a hard time thinking of media that portrays them as terrorists where that isn't the whole point of that media (i.e. a war movie)

for some reason the first thing to enter my head was morgan freeman as azeem in robin hood prince of thieves but actually isn't robin hood pretty much a terrorist
:ohhh
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:36:13 AM by Uncle »
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22889 on: June 23, 2022, 09:44:00 AM »
yeah honestly I'm having a hard time thinking of media that portrays them as terrorists where that isn't the whole point of that media (i.e. a war movie)

for some reason the first thing to enter my head was morgan fereman as azeem in robin hood prince of thieves but actually isn't robin hood pretty much a terrorist

Every fucking action/war movie? It’s always muslims the bad guys. Can’t recall anything recent but 100% sure there is

:lol

ALL THE FUCKING TIME SHITLORD, I JUST CAN'T HAPPEN TO THINK OF ANY ACTUAL EXAMPLES RIGHT NOW

Yep, still waiting for someone to explain me how the ultra dealbreaker of a trailer that makes it look oh so childish
Is this a serious question? The first twenty-five seconds of the Spider-Man trailer has Peter stopping a bank robbery. The first twenty-five seconds of the Ms Marvel has Kamala drawing cartoons and talking to her friends with animations and Instagram filter.

The tone is wildly different.

:kermit

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22890 on: June 23, 2022, 09:46:07 AM »
WHY AREN'T ALL OF YOU RACIST 40 YEAR OLDS WATCHING DISNEYS© MARVELS® MS MARVEL™ TWEENAGE SITCOM EXCLUSIVELY ON DISNEY+™?

Mostima

« Reply #22891 on: June 23, 2022, 09:55:02 AM »
WATCH THE SHOW CHUDS! ALSO DON'T CRITICIZE IT OR DISLIKE IT IN ANYWAY BECAUSE THIS SHOW WASN'T MADE FOR YOU!

HaughtyFrank

Averon

« Reply #22893 on: June 23, 2022, 10:03:08 AM »
>These folks told the "chuds" to fuck off, not everything is made for them.
>"Chuds" proceed to fuck off like they wanted.
>Gets mad that the "chuds" followed their advice and fucked off.

Why are they angry again?  :confused

ShutUp

« Reply #22894 on: June 23, 2022, 10:06:31 AM »
That's pretty disingenuous. This is not some grim and gritty crime drama like the beginning of The Dark Knight, we see Spidey goofing off and spitting out wisecracks while stopping the robbers.

Whoa so it’s a textbook Spider-Man trailer? Congrats you just further proved the point of the person you replied to.

ShutUp

« Reply #22895 on: June 23, 2022, 10:10:30 AM »
https://twitter.com/FredTJoseph/status/1539240245618626560

And of course his other tweets “lol I don’t care what you are saying go rant to your friends”

Then why tweet about it at all if you don’t care?  :lol

Averon

« Reply #22896 on: June 23, 2022, 10:15:00 AM »
You want more people to watch the latest Marvel manufactured dreck?
Maybe start by STOP IMPLYING THOSE WHO AREN'T WATCHING IT ARE RACISTS would be a good start.

jorma

« Reply #22897 on: June 23, 2022, 10:17:23 AM »

And of course his other tweets “lol I don’t care what you are saying go rant to your friends”

i think maybe you missed the blue checkmark in his profile?  :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22898 on: June 23, 2022, 10:19:19 AM »

So close...

ShutUp

« Reply #22899 on: June 23, 2022, 10:20:22 AM »
This show is a joy .I don’t get why people would like another show about a white person dealing with their “grief and struggles”.  Do people not enjoy things that are fun or seeing other people finally get represented?

One of his replies, from a white guy. This belief that white = no grief or struggles ever in your life that has creeped up in the last few years has just gotten weird. Do these types truly believe all whites live in McMansions and pull in at minimum 500 grand a year or something? It’s just weird.

ShutUp

« Reply #22900 on: June 23, 2022, 10:32:59 AM »

i think maybe you missed the blue checkmark in his profile?  :lol

Yeah clout chasing, I get that. Still always annoys me.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #22901 on: June 23, 2022, 10:33:57 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

So close...
You've got some fucking hangups you need to work out.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #22902 on: June 23, 2022, 10:41:23 AM »
This show is a joy .I don’t get why people would like another show about a white person dealing with their “grief and struggles”.  Do people not enjoy things that are fun or seeing other people finally get represented?

One of his replies, from a white guy. This belief that white = no grief or struggles ever in your life that has creeped up in the last few years has just gotten weird. Do these types truly believe all whites live in McMansions and pull in at minimum 500 grand a year or something? It’s just weird.

Its a fair enough point (the average white dude has it easier than a black one) twisted/misunderstood/taken too literally and regurgitated over time by some very stupid people on twitter :trumps

This (and probably some form of mental illness) is what leads nep to believe that white people sit around all day conspiring and plotting against the blacks
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22903 on: June 23, 2022, 10:41:34 AM »

for some reason the first thing to enter my head was morgan freeman as azeem in robin hood prince of thieves but actually isn't robin hood pretty much a terrorist

Some people just can't let go even when things have actually changed. Like just a few days ago Kotaku had another article claiming how every woman in videogames is sexualised. I can only conclude that they don't actually care for change but just want to complain.

Edit: the article is even from the same person who wrote the Amber Heard one

https://kotaku.com/pubg-krafton-ai-virtual-woman-metaverse-web3-1849077657

Gotta get those clicks

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22904 on: June 23, 2022, 10:48:00 AM »

Some people just can't let go even when things have actually changed. Like just a few days ago Kotaku had another article claiming how every woman in videogames is sexualised. I can only conclude that they don't actually care for change but just want to complain.

Edit: the article is even from the same person who wrote the Amber Heard one

https://kotaku.com/pubg-krafton-ai-virtual-woman-metaverse-web3-1849077657

Gotta get those clicks

I want the character designer to sit down with this person and be like ok, we are listening to you now, isn't that what you always wanted?  we're listening, we're doing EXACTLY whatever you say

help us redesign this character right now to avoid every single problem you identified

you either end up with a really ugly character, or a still-beautiful character for the NEXT pundit to now rail against Ashley Bardhan for not actually caring about improving female designs

this is why era never offers potential solutions to problems they identify, they know they'll be slaughtered by their former allies for either making the thing shitty or not doing enough  :doggy
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22905 on: June 23, 2022, 10:54:31 AM »
be better uncle

(but not too much)

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22906 on: June 23, 2022, 10:55:48 AM »
Obviously what's most important is that everyone is OK, but wow, what a photo. Almost like a frame from an action movie.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-swimmer-faints-in-pool-rescued-by-coach-early-photo-of-the-year-candidate.599463/

someone almost dies.

JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIES!

these people.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22907 on: June 23, 2022, 10:57:10 AM »

10 years later: robert pattinson does this for real
Uncle

SmokyDave

« Reply #22908 on: June 23, 2022, 10:59:59 AM »
>These folks told the "chuds" to fuck off, not everything is made for them.
>"Chuds" proceed to fuck off like they wanted.
>Gets mad that the "chuds" followed their advice and fucked off.

Why are they angry again?  :confused
They're angry because they don't actually want to watch that shite, they want to inflict it on others. If the 'others' are ignoring it, then what's the point?!

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22909 on: June 23, 2022, 11:05:20 AM »

"Women don't like huge men with muscles" was always such a weird claim that just doesn't align with reality

I mean:

"A teenager was so thirsty for shirtless Michael B. Jordan, she broke her retainer"
https://mashable.com/article/black-panther-broken-retainer-twitter-orthodontist

Now perfectly valid if this just isn't the type of that comic artist but making a universal claim that women are only into the Tumblr look is absurd

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22910 on: June 23, 2022, 11:08:23 AM »

"Women don't like huge men with muscles" was always such a weird claim that just doesn't align with reality

I mean:

"A teenager was so thirsty for shirtless Michael B. Jordan, she broke her retainer"

Now perfectly valid if this just isn't the type of that comic artist but making a universal claim that women are only into the Tumblr look is absurd

also: chiseled male bodies barely contained by tight, brightly colored spandex also caters to the gay demographic

and there are plenty of women who would want to fantasize themselves as achieving "objectified" levels of super-heroine physique
Uncle

Tuckers Law

« Reply #22911 on: June 23, 2022, 11:42:51 AM »

I mean:

also: chiseled male bodies barely contained by tight, brightly colored spandex also caters to the gay demographic

and there are plenty of women who would want to fantasize themselves as achieving "objectified" levels of super-heroine physique

Exactly.  Just like most men like to fantasize in the shower that they’re the terminator doing that badass crouch to stand move.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 12:25:53 PM by Tuckers Law »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22912 on: June 23, 2022, 11:48:31 AM »
in shower?

oh

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22915 on: June 23, 2022, 12:23:18 PM »
sucking black joy
©@©™

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #22916 on: June 23, 2022, 12:31:19 PM »
Margs

Tuckers Law

« Reply #22917 on: June 23, 2022, 12:31:44 PM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22918 on: June 23, 2022, 12:41:50 PM »
I just mean that I do that pose everywhere, naked.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #22919 on: June 23, 2022, 12:47:35 PM »
It’s just not the same if it isn’t naked.