Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1823296 times)

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #23041 on: June 24, 2022, 06:54:53 PM »
I know pigs are pigs the world around, but how much of scumbags are Canadian ICE or whatever y'all call them? I'm not rich, I'm too ugly to have a Canadian sugar daddy and I don't have a valuable enough skillset to be considered a prime candidate for immigration, so the chances of me going through the proper channels are about as slim as a garter snake. That said, I got a feeling being undocumented in Canada is lightyears ahead of being a natural-born citizen of your swiftly deteriorating neighbor to the south.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-fierce-is-canadas-version-of-border-patrol.600129/

:stahp
Locked at OP's request.

Propagandhim

« Reply #23042 on: June 24, 2022, 06:59:00 PM »
im starting to think this political violence thing isnt sus but actually kinda bussin

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23043 on: June 24, 2022, 07:00:03 PM »
AND DURING PRIDE MONTH:
https://twitter.com/amber_kadabra/status/1540360263265701888
Yes the left will be having a big fight over abortion rights the definition of the word woman this weekend.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #23044 on: June 24, 2022, 07:08:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-50#post-89013633

Quote from: Nepenthe
Official Staff Communication
The news today is extremely abhorrent, and many people are furious over the reversal of Roe v. Wade. All of us on staff are feeling similarly - defeated, angry, frustrated - we understand. But we cannot allow for calls to violence here. We will not host that content and anyone doing it will catch a ban. Similarly, dismissive calls to "just move" that downplay the reality of many people's situations will also be moderated.

I don't see the issue with this, no glowie shit and let people vent is a fair way to go about things :trumps
(ice)

Propagandhim

« Reply #23045 on: June 24, 2022, 07:13:13 PM »
Agree.  Resetera should allow them to be as concrete as possible about their plans with details, times, and an effort to organize others

...for venting purposes.

:cody

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #23046 on: June 24, 2022, 07:13:14 PM »
AND DURING PRIDE MONTH:
https://twitter.com/amber_kadabra/status/1540360263265701888

Isn't pregnant transgender men such an extreme outlier that theyve been worldwide news the literal 2 or 3 times such a thing has ever happened? :society
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #23047 on: June 24, 2022, 07:15:50 PM »
They really need to start drumming it into kids heads in school and shit that things can happen and it not be about you :trumps
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23048 on: June 24, 2022, 07:19:55 PM »
Did you know the Capcom Fighting Collection is out today, during Pride Month no less.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #23049 on: June 24, 2022, 07:24:38 PM »
big Kittyrawr fan, Nintex?   8)

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #23050 on: June 24, 2022, 07:40:55 PM »
OBE

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #23051 on: June 24, 2022, 07:42:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/beavis-and-butt-head-do-the-universe-ot-june-23rd.590484/
Quote from: Pwnz
Oh wow the white privilege bit had me in stitches watching this, just like the 90s.

The 'white privilege' bit was actually set in a gender studies class full of typical ERA posters.

Also it was making fun of you.

Absolute zero self awareness.
Pwnz posts here so he probably gets it.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #23052 on: June 24, 2022, 07:53:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/justice-clarence-thomas-wants-scotus-to-correct-the-error-of-legal-gay-marriage.600036/#post-89003223
:cop User Banned (1 Month): Calls for direct violence
Quote from: Mr. Snuffleupagus
Here's an idea.

Kill Clarence Thomas. (y'know, with kindness)

"Direct violence" ::)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/justice-clarence-thomas-wants-scotus-to-correct-the-error-of-legal-gay-marriage.600036/page-2#post-89004366
:cop User Banned (1 Month): Calling for violence
Quote from: Kino
Quote from: WetWaffle
If protests turn violent and something happens to him, he only has himself to blame for taking people's rights away.
Protesting needs to turn to rioting. Abortion and gay marriage are overwhelmingly popular. This shit bag is using the court to push his own agenda on to the American populace. Fuck peace, time has come for violence
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #23053 on: June 24, 2022, 08:02:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/justice-clarence-thomas-wants-scotus-to-correct-the-error-of-legal-gay-marriage.600036/page-2#post-89004366
:cop User Banned (1 Month): Calling for violence
Quote from: Kino
Quote from: WetWaffle
If protests turn violent and something happens to him, he only has himself to blame for taking people's rights away.
Protesting needs to turn to rioting. Abortion and gay marriage are overwhelmingly popular. This shit bag is using the court to push his own agenda on to the American populace. Fuck peace, time has come for violence
Really kinda doubt the Supreme Court Justice is the one who would get hurt if "protests turn violent" or to "rioting", do they think he lives there?

Unspoken in all of these is the idea that Thomas being murdered for views he's had for 30 years (that no other Justice has signed onto) would change at least two of the Court's other five conservative votes.
"he only has himself to blame for taking people's rights away" sounds pretty alt-right to me.
[close]
[close]

benita

« Reply #23054 on: June 24, 2022, 08:21:41 PM »
SMH at the rampant TERFism going on in the Roe v Wade thread.

benita

« Reply #23055 on: June 24, 2022, 08:25:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/post-89022477

i recognize most of y'all are grandstanding and have no intention to do violence in support of your beliefs

Wrekt.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #23056 on: June 24, 2022, 08:29:42 PM »
We made that staff post, in part, because of liability concerns. We are tracked by various agencies and numerous bad actors, and we cannot reasonably allow for this kind of rhetoric to go unpunished on ResetEra if we care for the forum to continue existing.

Also understand that the staff post and my clarification is, in turn, not a moral declaration about the issue.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/post-89022759

Nepenthe basically saying that she'd love to encourage violence if it wasn't for those annoying laws  :maf

Propagandhim

« Reply #23057 on: June 24, 2022, 08:31:29 PM »
"And we should hang Clarence Thomas by his neck."
"...right?  Guys?"

"NOT cool dude. Yes, we want to kill him, but no racial civil rights era connotations.  We're not trying to go down the dark path of Smash Brothers."

Propagandhim

« Reply #23058 on: June 24, 2022, 08:34:34 PM »
We made that staff post, in part, because of liability concerns. We are tracked by various agencies and numerous bad actors, and we cannot reasonably allow for this kind of rhetoric to go unpunished on ResetEra if we care for the forum to continue existing.

Also understand that the staff post and my clarification is, in turn, not a moral declaration about the issue.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/post-89022759

Nepenthe basically saying that she'd love to encourage violence if it wasn't for those annoying laws  :maf

And to be clear, your morals are "commit violence against anyone with opposing beliefs and fuck the integrity of any system that allows opposition to me.  And then decry political violence when they do it."

benjipwns

« Reply #23059 on: June 24, 2022, 08:35:05 PM »
The "liability concerns" are that MOBA would clean out the entire staff, there's no actual "liability concerns" in terms of something legal. You don't get a legal waiver if you ban people who post actual inciting statements lmao

benjipwns

« Reply #23060 on: June 24, 2022, 08:36:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/post-89022477
I took a small glance at this thread and got what I needed from it right away:
Quote from: PlanetSmasher
We aren't even in a Democracy. We're in an oligarchy.

Now these countries below (& this is according to the Democracy Index of 2021)?

1. Norway.
2. New Zealand.
3. Finland.
4. Sweden.
5. Iceland.
6. Denmark.
7. Ireland.
8. Taiwan.
9. Australia.
10. New Zealand.
11. Netherlands.
12. Canada.
13. Uruguay.
14. Luxembourg.
15. Germany.
16. South Korea.
17. Japan.
18. United Kingdom.
19. Mauritius.
20. Austria.
21. Costa Rica.

They have real democracies.

You realize that many of the countries on that list are also spiraling into fascism as well, right?

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23062 on: June 24, 2022, 08:39:37 PM »
I took a small glance at this thread and got what I needed from it right away:
Quote from: PlanetSmasher
We aren't even in a Democracy. We're in an oligarchy.

Now these countries below (& this is according to the Democracy Index of 2021)?

1. Norway.
2. New Zealand.
3. Finland.
4. Sweden.
5. Iceland.
6. Denmark.
7. Ireland.
8. Taiwan.
9. Australia.
10. New Zealand.
11. Netherlands.
12. Canada.
13. Uruguay.
14. Luxembourg.
15. Germany.
16. South Korea.
17. Japan.
18. United Kingdom.
19. Mauritius.
20. Austria.
21. Costa Rica.

They have real democracies.

You realize that many of the countries on that list are also spiraling into fascism as well, right?

I'm seeing double! TWO Zealands!  :whatisthis
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #23063 on: June 24, 2022, 08:41:42 PM »
The second is the fascist New Zealand, still ranks 10th somehow!

Propagandhim

« Reply #23064 on: June 24, 2022, 09:16:39 PM »
Reddit having a normal day

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23065 on: June 24, 2022, 09:39:09 PM »
At least they didn't mention gamergate

benjipwns

« Reply #23066 on: June 24, 2022, 09:43:35 PM »
Reddit having a normal day

(Image removed from quote.)
The results of a local criminal trial are not binding on that court or any other that also features a future case, each case is an individual one with an individual set of facts. Happy to help.

The state fighting a successful prosecution of Rittenhouse to the highest level of appeal would have been hilarious though. Not for him or any of the many minorities who would suffer in the mean time under such a regime, but for me and others who love a shitshow obviously.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 09:48:25 PM by benjipwns »

BIONIC

« Reply #23067 on: June 24, 2022, 10:17:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kevin-fiege-has-revealed-that-marvel-studios-will-be-having-a-panel-at-san-diego-comic-con-this-year-first-panel-since-2019.600138/#post-89017968

Quote from: MadLaughter, post: 89017968, member: 499
I went to like 10 of these panels and they fucking ruled every time

honestly worth having to wait in line for 18 hours and sleep on the convention center sidewalk to get in

:mike
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #23068 on: June 24, 2022, 10:18:17 PM »

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #23069 on: June 24, 2022, 11:38:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-67#post-89027844

I agree with this. Part of the problem is finding people to run though.

I've been told throughout my life, at least when I became slightly more socially aware, that I should run for local office. But then I come to Era and see that "progressive candidates are unelectable."

So why the fuck should I waste my time?

There's plenty of good folks out there who know their communities, know the problems, and have the heart, but there's no systems, coaching, or apparatus to get these people in seats of power. In fact, the larger majority seems to fundamentally disagree with these people's ideas and vision and are actively hostile towards them.

So, what do we do about that?

OBE

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #23070 on: June 24, 2022, 11:40:37 PM »
that has to be bait

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23071 on: June 24, 2022, 11:43:10 PM »

We are tracked by various agencies and numerous bad actors
:hans1 :insane

benjipwns

« Reply #23072 on: June 24, 2022, 11:45:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-67#post-89027844

I've been told throughout my life, at least when I became slightly more socially aware, that I should run for local office. But then I come to Era and see that "progressive candidates are unelectable."

There's plenty of good folks out there who know their communities, know the problems, and have the heart, but there's no systems, coaching, or apparatus to get these people in seats of power. In fact, the larger majority seems to fundamentally disagree with these people's ideas and vision and are actively hostile towards them.

Not listen to ResetERA.com? Run on those local community issues in those local communities? Not believe that nothing can be accomplished unless you overthrow the entire system from the top down and impose a new reality on the planet? I'm just spitballing here.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #23073 on: June 24, 2022, 11:47:25 PM »
Everyone knows bore members only do anal :rash

Propagandhim

« Reply #23074 on: June 24, 2022, 11:52:01 PM »
Local community issues like decoupling property from capital

BIONIC

« Reply #23075 on: June 24, 2022, 11:56:37 PM »
Local community issues like buffing Lucio's ult, and distributing Sonic fleshlights to the community.
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #23076 on: June 25, 2022, 12:06:09 AM »
Further down she admitted she couldn't be elected in Atlanta which implies that when she said other people were to blame for telling her "progressives can't get elected" she actually just meant to blame herself for telling herself this perhaps accurately.

She also said that's not how she wants to spend her life. Which is hilarious to then be bitching and blaming the candidates who are willing to run. Especially coming from someone who constantly tries to frame themselves as an activist who is going to abolish the police in Atlanta and then lead Black people to understand praxis.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23077 on: June 25, 2022, 12:39:50 AM »
I like desks from 90's/80's movies/shows etc. as wallpapers, I've had this as my wallpaper for a while now
(Image removed from quote.)
There's a desk in that image?
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23078 on: June 25, 2022, 12:48:56 AM »
https://twitter.com/irishlashesbq/status/1540431754074488833

Be careful out there Bire members. :goty2
If you're a cis gay man and you're having anal sex with your trans boyfriend, how is the pregnancy happening?
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23079 on: June 25, 2022, 12:50:27 AM »

Imagine how quickly NepNep's post history would hit Twitter and result in her cancelling if this happened...
Spud

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #23080 on: June 25, 2022, 12:51:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-55#post-89016864
:cop User Banned (1 Month) Advocating violence
Quote from: Hellwarden
Posting this for vibes and genuinely no other reason.

https://twitter.com/DailySquibs/status/1540364716127752193

https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-65#post-89026362
:cop User Banned (Permanent): Recently actioned for sniping at other specific members and continued hostile behavior. Multiple past infractions for hostility.
Quote from: Halman
Quote from: Matt
I’m no longer engaging with your blatant bad faith posting, purposeful misinterpretation, outright lies, and aggressive pursuit of an off-topic conversation.
You do or don't do as you want.
I won't entertain your American exceptionalism anymore either especially concerning the dismissal of the lives that were lost as a result of the American revolution.
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #23081 on: June 25, 2022, 01:29:43 AM »
It's American exceptionalism to think the native population wouldn't have done any better if America remained part of Britain? :hmm

Matt didn't need to point to Canada, he could have just pointed to what the Colonies already had been doing for over a century while part of Britain.
[close]

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #23082 on: June 25, 2022, 03:10:19 AM »
Ask and you shall receive
https://www.resetera.com/threads/world-swimming-organisation-fina-bans-trans-women-from-womens-competitions.598173/

In other news

https://www.euronews.com/2022/06/23/germany-allows-transgender-footballers-to-choose-to-play-for-mens-or-womens-team

Seems super fair

😅🤣 How dont Reeee understand that having a transitioned man in womens soccer, still has the advantadges that a man would have? Lung capacity, muscles etc
What

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23083 on: June 25, 2022, 05:29:04 AM »
I was watching a protest stream in NY earlier. It was mostly people from the LGBT community. The thing that stuck out most was how normal and friendly the protesters were. They weren't screeching about trans rights, Joanne or genocide. They were just having fun while protesting the abortion nonsense. Obviously ree wasn't there

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23084 on: June 25, 2022, 06:45:57 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-sympathy-for-the-plight-of-the-average-amazon-worker-is-causing-conflict-with-my-desire-to-call-complain-and-possibly-get-someone-fired.600213/
My apartment has a hub of lockers that Amazon deliveries get made to. Prior to the Hub they were (sometimes haphazardly) dropped off at the apartment doors. Prior to Covid they were delivered to the leasing office.

I got a call from my leasing office saying that a package of mine was yeeted onto the ground in front of the hub. Not secured into the lockers but put on the ground in a central location with a ton of traffic. The leasing office says they tried to stop the driver but they said they didn't have time to place the packages in the locker.

I'm not sure how mad I should be. In front of apartment doors isn't much more secure but this seems particularly fucky. I'm gritting my teeth as to whether or not I should call and complain. Furthermore, would my complaint even matter? Would most people just not have a problem with this? Help.

The problem is not the worker, it’s Amazon
the amazon worker that literally has put packages on my trash bin was definitely told by amazon to place packages on my trash bin.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23085 on: June 25, 2022, 07:07:08 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mass-shooting-at-oslo-gay-bar-leaves-at-least-two-people-dead-ahead-of-pride-parade-19-injured.600240/#post-89033334
I swore to myself that I wouldn’t drink tonight because I need to get pet food early in the morning but after the Supreme Court bullshit today and now this it’s getting hard.

Rest in power, but for all of us that are still out here we have a duty of do better than this. The USA needs urgent reforms with the Supreme Court because the shit that happens in the USA has a ripple effect across the world. It emboldens pieces of shit like this one to pull off stunts like that, from the average mass shooter to other judges. Today has been tough.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #23086 on: June 25, 2022, 08:03:48 AM »
i can actually imagine ree types doing some histrionic sub-david simon "god damn, and i told myself i wouldn't drink tonight" live performance for nobody after a marathon xenosaga/abortion news binge.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 12:53:55 PM by headwalk »

benjipwns

« Reply #23087 on: June 25, 2022, 08:31:09 AM »
I was watching a protest stream in NY earlier. It was mostly people from the LGBT community. The thing that stuck out most was how normal and friendly the protesters were. They weren't screeching about trans rights, Joanne or genocide. They were just having fun while protesting the abortion nonsense. Obviously ree wasn't there
Sounds like a fucking centrist protest.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23088 on: June 25, 2022, 08:52:14 AM »
It emboldens pieces of shit like this one to pull off stunts like that, from the average mass shooter to other judges. Today has been tough.

Fact check
42-year-old Norwegian citizen of Iranian origin
The alleged shooter was known to the police as a potentially radicalized Islamist and had a history of mental illness.
There is reason to think that this may be a hate crime," a police official told reporters
The evidence is conclusive, this is directly related to Roe v. Wade and the US Supreme Court. Thanks Obama.
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23089 on: June 25, 2022, 09:42:21 AM »
Local community issues like buffing Lucio's ult, and distributing Sonic fleshlights to the community.

would it be blue, or would it be that kind of flesh color like his arms and mouth?
Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23090 on: June 25, 2022, 01:15:27 PM »

Sounds like a fucking centrist protest.

Ree would have been disgusted by their behaviour. They were out in the sun socialising, having a few drinks and enjoying themselves. There was actual laughter

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23091 on: June 25, 2022, 02:26:48 PM »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23092 on: June 25, 2022, 02:29:09 PM »
How about just using a condom if you sleep with people whose genitals you don't even know?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23093 on: June 25, 2022, 02:31:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-sympathy-for-the-plight-of-the-average-amazon-worker-is-causing-conflict-with-my-desire-to-call-complain-and-possibly-get-someone-fired.600213/
My apartment has a hub of lockers that Amazon deliveries get made to. Prior to the Hub they were (sometimes haphazardly) dropped off at the apartment doors. Prior to Covid they were delivered to the leasing office.

I got a call from my leasing office saying that a package of mine was yeeted onto the ground in front of the hub. Not secured into the lockers but put on the ground in a central location with a ton of traffic. The leasing office says they tried to stop the driver but they said they didn't have time to place the packages in the locker.

I'm not sure how mad I should be. In front of apartment doors isn't much more secure but this seems particularly fucky. I'm gritting my teeth as to whether or not I should call and complain. Furthermore, would my complaint even matter? Would most people just not have a problem with this? Help.

The problem is not the worker, it’s Amazon
the amazon worker that literally has put packages on my trash bin was definitely told by amazon to place packages on my trash bin.
What colour skin did the worker have though?
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23094 on: June 25, 2022, 02:33:44 PM »
The current Supreme Court isn't legitimate. How many elected democrats would be willing to say that? I know at least one.
https://twitter.com/DrewHLive/status/1540359953914937349

:dunno

"I don't like it therefore its not legitimate except in the literal sense of the word so we should have an insurrection" is, uh, literally jan 6th?

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23095 on: June 25, 2022, 02:44:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/justice-clarence-thomas-wants-scotus-to-correct-the-error-of-legal-gay-marriage.600036/page-9#post-89038743
This is a giant word salad to try to disguise that you're mad people here won't make calls for violence and get themselves banned. You're really enjoying the finger wagging, hypocritical as it is. If threatening violence is so important for you to see on this forum, do it yourself and eat the ban yourself.
User Banned (Permanent): Advocating violence across a series of posts, ignoring the staff post, previous severe ban for the same
What's hypocritical about it? I listed out three options for everyone here. Fight, get out, or sit on your ass. I chose the second since 2016 and worked my ass to make it a reality. The admin is more than welcome to ban me for my "extremism", I've been quite vocal about revolutionary change that require the blood and death of innocents amidst our current political apathy, because that's how progress has worked 100% time through human history; and we sure are not at an enlightened point to play civility with America being prime example. I've made these calls many times in the past. I just, y'know, focused on my actual real life to do something about it instead of wasting energy accruing Internet points on here hence my lack of post count despite my little "been here since Oct 2017" tag.

Edit: I'll even quote my "extremism" from before that still applies even today.
The US isn't like most countries. The vast majority of its citizens trace ancestry to ancestors leaving their ancestral homes across oceans to arrive here; sometimes for leisure and opportunity, other times in flight of their ancestral homes. My ancestors came to this country fleeing from the effects of WW2, were they supposed to stand and fight and most likely die? Even in a non-wartime scenario were people seeking opportunity not supposed to leave their ancestral homes?

Atop that, just look at American history. This entire country is built off the blood, sweat, tears, and corpses of minorities and what have they gained from it? Just because a number of you have some misguided notion of "American nationalism" doesn't do away with the actual history and reality of this country.
Progress does not happen without blood and death.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #23096 on: June 25, 2022, 02:47:49 PM »
How about just using a condom if you sleep with people whose genitals you don't even know?

No.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23097 on: June 25, 2022, 02:50:31 PM »
I mean, sure, if you're an accelerationist
like it seem Judge Thomas is
[close]
getting rid of 'useless' democrats (people motivated by realpolitik and willing to sign bipartisan legislation to make incremental gains) in favour of 'true progressives' (populist ideologues) is a galaxy brain move, but if a revolution happens its not going to be college educated bourgeoisie minority lobbyists who control things.

It's the proletariat, who you openly fucking detest

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23098 on: June 25, 2022, 03:18:59 PM »
Progress does not happen without blood and death.

people who spout this rhetoric are so willfully uninformed it's ridiculous

you point to other events and times and say, "well what about this time, a decent president got elected and he passed some really good reforms that amounted to some significant progress, and it all happened relatively peacefully through the normal electoral processes"

and they say "NO there were people who DIED at protests and DIED under the old systems he reformed, which was necessary to promote his rise to power!!"

and it's like oh ok, so that was just minor amounts of death here and there to highlight a problem, not actual violent revolution, so really you're advocating that we keep carrying on as we always have with a few outlier deaths here and there  ???
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23099 on: June 25, 2022, 03:27:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/justice-clarence-thomas-wants-scotus-to-correct-the-error-of-legal-gay-marriage.600036/page-10#post-89044338
I can not say everything I want to say without getting banned. As many, I knew and feared it wouldn’t stop with Roe v Wade, and as a poc with a kid and seeing the landscape this country seems to be headed in—hell, the regression I see the world over—fear does not even begin to cover it at this point.

I’ll do my part, but damn do I hope it actually amounts to something so the rights of all minorities aren’t stripped away, systematically, one by one.