Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1821371 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #23220 on: June 27, 2022, 08:15:04 PM »
Quote from: Nepenthe
I get you're passionate about it but being this aggro helps no one and furthers no cause. And if you're gonna say I'm tone-policing, then yes I am because I think it's generally a bad look for admins and people in positions of power on the site to be shouting down at users like some random poster would.
I don't care what you think is a "bad look." So long as I don't retaliate against someone, my being an administrator has nothing to do with the issue at hand, which is that too many of y'all feel like you get to talk to Black folks and insert yourselves in our issues any kind of ol' way.
I think this could have all been avoided if people would stop telling black people what they can or cannot say to other black people and mind their own business.
Even here, people legit have a problem with Black folks asserting themselves and establishing lines. Allies my ass.
Why can't ResetERA.com be a safe space for administrators to use racial slurs against Black people? :(

benjipwns

« Reply #23221 on: June 27, 2022, 08:19:47 PM »
I wonder why they never call white people on the "right side of history" race traitors, they only ever use that term for Black people who disagree with them. :hmm

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #23222 on: June 27, 2022, 08:28:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89148894
Quote from: Nepenthe  Administrator
Clarence Thomas has no ulterior motives or deep philosophical ruminations.

He's just a vengeful coon piece of shit. They exist.

But what's more telling is that he was ultimately elevated to this position of power by white folks.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89150181
Quote from: Imran
Hey what the fuck
My Black ass can call a coon a coon if I want to.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89151201
Quote from: Royalan  Moderator
Are we really defending the honor of Clarence Thomas from being accurately described as a coon by other Black folks in this thread?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89151537
That biscuit-lipped Uncle Tom took some of my rights away out of admitted spite and that's what some folks wanna be mad at.
I know ResetEra admins and mods browse this site to ban people
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89150424
He ain’t lying about that coon ass mofo
NepNep is a man now?

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #23223 on: June 27, 2022, 08:34:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-92#post-89157858

Quote from: B-Dubs
OK, how about we actually discuss the issue at play instead of making insinuations about Nep's tone? People on staff are people too, not random robots and should be treated as individuals with feelings and whatnot.

People need to stop trying to treat everyone online like they aren't people.

Is it Nepenthe's fault that this happens frequently? :skinner

OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23224 on: June 27, 2022, 08:43:09 PM »

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #23226 on: June 27, 2022, 08:57:17 PM »
Think a mod/admin shouldn't instigate a pile on = Tone Policing

Just add that the the Rules section and it's clear.  And yeah, it's mighty sus that Nep is always the one these discussions are about.  Very sus on the part of those blaming her.  Racist whites and asians, and POC always accusing her.
sigh

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23227 on: June 27, 2022, 09:23:04 PM »

NepNep is a man now?

Trans. A trans furry to be exact. Although I'm trying to figure out what rights this Clarence took away from her. She surely can't be talking about abortion rights. That would be peak Monty Python if she is.

Propagandhim

« Reply #23228 on: June 27, 2022, 09:26:27 PM »
Can Nepenthe find one human being on earth that functions and chooses to do what he/she does outside some causal chain leading from their skin color?  Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z.

Polident Hive

« Reply #23229 on: June 27, 2022, 09:26:40 PM »
When you’re on a forum whiter than Portland, having them rally and cheer for the few users who can use racial slurs comes off as

It’s more about self respect and knowing your audience. Feel free to call Clarence Thomas whatever you want on thecoli.

BrokenVerses

« Reply #23230 on: June 27, 2022, 09:29:56 PM »
When you’re on a forum whiter than Portland, having them rally and cheer for the few users who can use racial slurs comes off as

Remember Enzom lol?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23231 on: June 27, 2022, 09:35:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-92#post-89157858

OK, how about we actually discuss the issue at play instead of making insinuations about Nep's tone? People on staff are people too, not random robots and should be treated as individuals with feelings and whatnot.

Is it Nepenthe's fault that this happens frequently? :skinner
People on staff are people too, but not when it comes to standards of behaviour...

Spud

Propagandhim

« Reply #23232 on: June 27, 2022, 09:38:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89148894
Clarence Thomas has no ulterior motives or deep philosophical ruminations.

He's just a vengeful coon piece of shit. They exist.

But what's more telling is that he was ultimately elevated to this position of power by white folks.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89150181
Quote from: Imran
Hey what the fuck
My Black ass can call a coon a coon if I want to.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89151201
Quote from: Royalan  Moderator
Are we really defending the honor of Clarence Thomas from being accurately described as a coon by other Black folks in this thread?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89151537
That biscuit-lipped Uncle Tom took some of my rights away out of admitted spite and that's what some folks wanna be mad at.

Finally some white allies Nepenthe approves of

https://twitter.com/FreeBlckThought/status/1540805783658577921

Or when otherwise "well meaning" people use homosexuality as the ultimate insult

https://twitter.com/Foundering_O/status/1541561841100390400

benjipwns

« Reply #23233 on: June 27, 2022, 09:40:34 PM »
This exchange got less attention:
For what it's worth, I don't think even hardcore feminists would be above calling Amy Barrett a cunt-ass bitch.
Absolutely.

That traitorous bitch deserves nothing and should lose everything.
I mean, I am above that? They're both loaded misogynistic terms. I'm just super, super against using these terms period. There are plenty of things I can call her without sounding like a 15 year old on Xbox Live?

benjipwns

« Reply #23234 on: June 27, 2022, 09:42:38 PM »
They threadbanned the person saying it's not appropriate for staff to promote the use of racial slurs and get aggro:
User Threadbanned (Permanent): Concern trolling

Quote from: Royalan
And, for other people who may be following along, another good thing that you can do is, when you do look these words up, don't assume that the group of Black people you're observing don't know what you may have just learned about their fucking language. Even if this group of Black people aren't agreeing among themselves about how it should be used.

...oops, I just realized I used the word "fucking." Apologies for getting aggro.
this kind of passive-aggressive bullshit is exactly what I'm talking about. way to immediately prove the point.

benjipwns

« Reply #23235 on: June 27, 2022, 09:46:34 PM »
Quote from: TheHunter
Fuuuuuuuuuuckkkkk....
Please tell me there will be a better choice come 2024. Do we have any up and comers?
I mean primarying a sitting President has never worked so no.

2028 hopefully.
Define "worked" because it got Truman and LBJ to withdraw for a new nominee.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23236 on: June 27, 2022, 09:52:43 PM »
At work today I am at a forum about workplace sexual harassment, bullying and discrimination.

One of the panel members (a lieutenant colonel in the army) said that bullying and harassment happens when you have exclusive groups that have a lack of transparency, power imbalances and a lack of consequences for poor behaviour.

Dunno, but that sounds mighty familiar for some reason...
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23237 on: June 27, 2022, 09:57:09 PM »
wait whoa that's a mini saga right there

:whoo

that's an old-fashioned forum dogpile you've got there

not taking hap's credit for getting it down but that starting link again:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89150001

I don't want to go through and pull out individual replies because I'd basically be copying 3 pages wholesale

Imran Khan, @imranzomg, formerly Shocking Alberto, formerly senior editor of Game Informer, currently Fanbyte Media, visible in person here, appears to be no longer welcome at resetera.com  :doge

nepenthe tried to be the biggest douche but royalan swooped in with the win, by framing shock at a shitty comment as somehow a spirited defense of clarence thomas, across multiple posts

even plagiarize getting the hit in with "The window to say 'ah shit, my bad' rather than counter attacking is rapidly closing"

and even after everything was supposedly resolved, they KEPT punching imran

We can start by not giving a fuck about Black folks' views about Clarence fucking Thomas.

All of this could've been solved by a "Oh I didn't know you were Black; my bad" and an understanding that, if you're not Black, you really don't have any business in these discussions about the language we use and reclaim. Instead, I get a hasty reply because he was linked to it off site and felt the need to stick his nose where it didn't belong, and Black members understandably had something to say about this kind of tone policing happening once again. Now we're at the point where we're "furthering divisions," when the division happened the moment Imran decided to put fingers to keyboard.

It was a complete fuck up on his end, but he walked it back or whatever and now he knows for the future. But I'm not apologizing for anything I've said thus far in this thread.

another accusation that imran is not black enough for this conversation

then royalan goes off the fucking deep end screaming who's aggro?? who's shouting? who? who?? are you talking about me? or them?? WHO??

user serene points out that it's incredibly obvious to anyone reading any of these pages that a lot of people are being completely aggro, and royalan continues being a little shit about it

Either way, dissecting your interpretation of Nep's "tone" is completely beside the point. But, go off, I guess.

...oops, I just realized I used the word "fucking." Apologies for getting aggro.

and then serene is erased for noticing it:

Quote from: Serene
User Threadbanned (Permanent): Concern trolling

this kind of passive-aggressive bullshit is exactly what I'm talking about. way to immediately prove the point.

:social2  :cat :shaking

later, b-dubs gets some kind of inscrutable blowback

Quote from: Kyra
Ironically, it's not really religion. I saw this article the other day, https://www.npr.org/2022/06/26/1107722531/some-jewish-groups-blast-the-end-of-roe-as-a-violation-of-their-religious-belief

It's just patriarchy tbh
Y'all aint even that hot.
???

not having any clue what to do next he swings his mighty hammer

OFFICIAL MOD COMMUNICATION

So, once more, knock off the derail. Next person to keep it going gets banned.

:salute
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23238 on: June 27, 2022, 09:57:11 PM »
This exchange got less attention:
For what it's worth, I don't think even hardcore feminists would be above calling Amy Barrett a cunt-ass bitch.
Absolutely.

That traitorous bitch deserves nothing and should lose everything.
I mean, I am above that? They're both loaded misogynistic terms. I'm just super, super against using these terms period. There are plenty of things I can call her without sounding like a 15 year old on Xbox Live?
Huh, I have seen users getting banned for using that word.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

Drainage

« Reply #23240 on: June 27, 2022, 10:04:39 PM »
I never did but just wondering if anyone else ever beat it to that chick from EverQuest who got chained up by those lizards?

benjipwns

« Reply #23241 on: June 27, 2022, 10:05:18 PM »
Instead, I get a hasty reply because he was linked to it off site and felt the need to stick his nose where it didn't belong ... Now we're at the point where we're "furthering divisions," when the division happened the moment Imran decided to put fingers to keyboard.

It was a complete fuck up on his end
Ah, excellent.

Oh, before I go, one more thing. Other users will be able to apply this standard in the future, correct?

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #23242 on: June 27, 2022, 10:06:45 PM »
rest in power, chief
Oof, never thought I'd see a Blue Check games journalist get permabanned from ResetERA.com for Gamergate-like harassment. These chuds never learn about slandering Nepenthe on Twitter.

benjipwns

« Reply #23243 on: June 27, 2022, 10:14:08 PM »
Imran's anti-Black hate tweets are getting so many anti-Black hate replies from white supremacist chuds, he knew what he was doing making these and putting Nepenthe's life in danger:
https://twitter.com/MarkGale5/status/1541605035057983488
https://twitter.com/itsissaissa/status/1541567976553455617

Taco Bell Tower

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #23245 on: June 27, 2022, 10:21:50 PM »
I’d be more sympathetic to the plight of the former prime minister of of Pakistan if he wasn’t such a sanctimonious cunt himself  :reeeee
Margs

BIONIC

« Reply #23246 on: June 27, 2022, 10:22:32 PM »
I never did but just wondering if anyone else ever beat it to that chick from EverQuest who got chained up by those lizards?

Post pics breh and I’ll let you know afterward  :phil
Margs

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #23247 on: June 27, 2022, 10:27:31 PM »

I'm a professor, and there is NO FUCKING WAY he should be banging college age kids anywhere within a hundred miles radius of his workplace. Let's forget the ethical issues for a second and just focus on sheer CYA tactics as a teacher, it's a recipe for disaster and destroying your career.  And the way he describes how he supposedly goes about it ethically REEKS of "thou dost protest too much."

I don't want to sound like a prick, especially since I don't know you, but that guy is providing a crucial service for his students by tongue-punching their pink farthole.  What are you doing?  Really - I'm not trying to be antagonistic, i'm genuinely curious - what are you doing to change the world for the next generation?  Teaching definite integrals? 

Do
Better

Thanks for opening my eyes. Brb, off to lick student's butts.
Make sure to let them raw dog your hemorrhoid filled asshole once in a while too  ;)

Propagandhim

« Reply #23248 on: June 27, 2022, 10:28:46 PM »
Super Secret Special Racist on Resetera:  "Ah no, homedawg, I'm actually black.  I'm all that and a bag of chips, cracka jack!  Ay yo, I was just usin my dome for a second, and, yo, check it, ima step off if i'm wrong, but aren't these crime statistics kinda buggin'?

Nepenthe:  As the resident Empress of the Black People on Resetera.com, I can confirm this guy sounds authentically black.  Proceed to use reclaimed language on the coon Clarence.

Drainage

« Reply #23249 on: June 27, 2022, 10:31:11 PM »
Fail

benjipwns

« Reply #23250 on: June 27, 2022, 10:32:44 PM »
I've only been saying they need to add race to the user profiles since the forum opened, now that you can't "stick your nose in" Black posters' business they really need them so everyone can know what conversations are not actually public for others to reply to.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23251 on: June 27, 2022, 10:34:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wwes-first-female-referee-opens-up-about-being-raped-by-vince-with-additional-testimony.601002/#post-89157609
How does this have only 40 replies?

People really are just burying their heads in the sand huh
The corpse formerly known as Vince McMahon is appearing on Raw right now.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23252 on: June 27, 2022, 10:54:01 PM »
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23253 on: June 27, 2022, 10:57:18 PM »
Instead, I get a hasty reply because he was linked to it off site and felt the need to stick his nose where it didn't belong ... Now we're at the point where we're "furthering divisions," when the division happened the moment Imran decided to put fingers to keyboard.

Ah, excellent.

Oh, before I go, one more thing. Other users will be able to apply this standard in the future, correct?

[close]

I got u

[close]
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23254 on: June 27, 2022, 10:58:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-93#post-89158743
Never be surprised by how many men just straight up hate women out there.

If any of those men could get pregnant, they'd want abortion as a subscription add-on that comes with their Xbox Live.

benjipwns

« Reply #23255 on: June 27, 2022, 11:17:55 PM »
speaking of "how does this only have x replies"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/scotus-criminal-sentence-reduction-and-enhanced-burden-of-proof-in-criminal-prosecution.601038/

keep an eye on this one for upcoming 'wtf I love the SCOTUS now' posts

:doge
Sotomayor wrote the opinion, joined by Thomas, Breyer, Kagan, and Gorsuch.
lmao there's no simple Twitter talking points around a decision by that lineup, of course they're lost

The other case didn't have a single dissent, it was basically unanimous on the broad position, differed on the details, again no talking points for this kind of opinion are possible.

FUME5

« Reply #23256 on: June 27, 2022, 11:47:47 PM »
I think Royalfat is just hungry, that's why he's lashing out.

benjipwns

« Reply #23257 on: June 28, 2022, 12:09:33 AM »
Oh, what if he's gotten too fat to be able to make it out to the hood for a few shack burgers. :fbm

FUME5

« Reply #23258 on: June 28, 2022, 12:34:28 AM »
Can't risk delivery some cracker might tamper with his food and he'd have to wash the meat all over again.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #23259 on: June 28, 2022, 12:39:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/#post-89136039
Quote from: MCU fans:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/#post-89136021
https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/page-2#post-89137158
https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/page-2#post-89137602
https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/page-2#post-89137890
https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/page-6#post-89151987

https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/page-3#post-89139099
Quote from: Keldroc
Like or dislike The Batman in comparison to them, sure, but no Marvel movie looks like shit. Nobody who works in film would say that seriously. Anyone who says otherwise has fallen completely for this meaningless pop culture war drivel.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/page-7#post-89154528
Quote from: Elandyll
Nah.
Several MCU films bury it, including Ragnarok, Multiverse of Madness or GotG.
Heck, even Eternals does, though I don't think it's a good movie.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/page-8#post-89158761
Quote from: Calvin Leonard
Yeah, Marvel movies look like TV shows, so what? We go for the acting and writing, story is king. I love the DCEU, but ONLY for the visuals cause them some trash-ass stories🤣

There also seem to be a lot of people with the attention span of goldfish in that thread.
OBE

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #23260 on: June 28, 2022, 02:10:08 AM »

Post pics breh and I’ll let you know afterward  :phil

That’s the cover of Ruins of Kunark, which is when I started playing EQ :rejoice

Potato

• Senior's Member
Spud

Polident Hive

« Reply #23262 on: June 28, 2022, 02:37:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/#post-89136039
Quote from: MCU fans:
(Image removed from quote.)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/#post-89136021
https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/page-2#post-89137158
https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/page-2#post-89137602
https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/page-2#post-89137890
https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/page-6#post-89151987

https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/page-3#post-89139099
Quote from: Keldroc
Like or dislike The Batman in comparison to them, sure, but no Marvel movie looks like shit. Nobody who works in film would say that seriously. Anyone who says otherwise has fallen completely for this meaningless pop culture war drivel.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/page-7#post-89154528
Quote from: Elandyll
Nah.
Several MCU films bury it, including Ragnarok, Multiverse of Madness or GotG.
Heck, even Eternals does, though I don't think it's a good movie.

(Image removed from quote.)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%E2%80%99s-amazing-how-much-the-batman-blows-the-mcu-out-of-the-water-visual-wise.601017/page-8#post-89158761
Quote from: Calvin Leonard
Yeah, Marvel movies look like TV shows, so what? We go for the acting and writing, story is king. I love the DCEU, but ONLY for the visuals cause them some trash-ass stories🤣

There also seem to be a lot of people with the attention span of goldfish in that thread.

Some years ago these guys bragged how they’d give more candy to children dressing up as marvel characters than DC ones during Halloween. Some of the weirdest shit I’ve read on message boards. And once there was a guy who wanted to eat a DS cart to have Zelda be a part of him.

BIONIC

Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23264 on: June 28, 2022, 03:21:25 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-have-started-on-an-insane-journey-this-summer-by-getting-ready-to-play-entirely-too-many-sonic-the-hedgehog-games.600393/
So this summer seems like its going to be pretty dry on new releases and I'm bored so I've come up with the insane Journey of trying to get through ENTIRELY too many Sonic games.

Why? Because I have nothing better to do. And also I haven't played many of these so It'll be interesting to play and then rank every sonic game that I can reasonably legally get ahold of.

The Lineup:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic CD
Sonic Spinball
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 (Parts 1&2)
Sonic Colors Ultimate
Sonic Generations
Sonic Lost World
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Mania
Sonic Forces
Sonic 3D Blast

I've checked Steam, Xbox and PSN and I believe those are all of the sonic games currently accessible for purchase. (Do tell me if I missed one)

Anyways so far I managed to go boot up Sonic Origins and get through Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 and I'd rank them in that order so far. As I think that Sonic 1's level design barring Labyrinth zone is mostly better IMO. Stay tuned to this thread for more insane updates about me playing entirely too many sonic games.
:what

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23265 on: June 28, 2022, 03:40:54 AM »
Sonic is shit and always has been.

Fight me Sega bitches
[close]
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23266 on: June 28, 2022, 03:53:33 AM »
I bet Imran still owns and reads harry potter books too. The mask is falling MAGA-man!
🤴

wsippel

« Reply #23267 on: June 28, 2022, 04:08:04 AM »
“Overall, the ‘moral panic’ over video games and sexualization is pretty much following the ‘paint-by-numbers’ pattern of the video game debate. Lots of hyperbole and moral outrage, but very little evidence that video games are causing any ‘harm’ to either male or female players,” Ferguson told PsyPost.

“As a purely ‘public health’ issue, this doesn’t appear to be much of a concern at all. That doesn’t mean people can’t advocate for better representations of females in games. They just need to be cautious not to make claims of ‘harm’ that can be easily debunked, thereby calling into question what might otherwise be reasonable advocacy goals.”
https://www.psypost.org/2022/06/sexualized-video-games-are-not-causing-harm-to-male-or-female-players-according-to-new-research-63388

Was this already posted in the women in videogames thread?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23268 on: June 28, 2022, 04:20:05 AM »

He's not wrong.
ὕβρις

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23269 on: June 28, 2022, 05:39:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wwes-first-female-referee-opens-up-about-being-raped-by-vince-with-additional-testimony.601002/page-2#post-89169270
Nobody with an ounce of decency supports WWE anymore anyway.
The only people who do are losers.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #23270 on: June 28, 2022, 06:29:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wwes-first-female-referee-opens-up-about-being-raped-by-vince-with-additional-testimony.601002/page-2#post-89169270
Nobody with an ounce of decency supports WWE anymore anyway.
The only people who do are losers.

:hesright

Should ban all the participants in the Wrestling threads.

:judge

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #23271 on: June 28, 2022, 07:48:30 AM »

Ah, excellent.

[close]

All he did was react to a fucking admin calling a black man racial slurs, which somehow is allowed in this instance (but don't you dare call Donald Trump fat or misgender Ezra Miller) and Nepenthe accuses him of "sticking his nose where it doesn't belong". What an asshole

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #23272 on: June 28, 2022, 08:14:19 AM »

Ah, excellent.

[close]

All he did was react to a fucking admin calling a black man racial slurs, which somehow is allowed in this instance (but don't you dare call Donald Trump fat or misgender Ezra Miller) and Nepenthe accuses him of "sticking his nose where it doesn't belong". What an asshole

The irony is the black person screaming about being able to sling racial slurs at another black person, under the guise of policing other black people. The person who is policing them? Another black person.

:crazy

SmokyDave

« Reply #23273 on: June 28, 2022, 08:44:14 AM »
Boy does Nepenthe enjoy her slurs. I don't even get how it works in context this time, seems like she just saw a black guy and had to let one rip.

I wonder if she's one of those 'divesters' that I keep hearing about.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23274 on: June 28, 2022, 08:48:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/germany-101-year-old-ex-nazi-camp-guard-sentenced-to-5-years-in-jail.601281/#post-89172480
Whatever, he still lived a very, very long life being free, much more than most innocent people do. I guess it's nice that he will spend his last few months/years in misery, but this is way too late.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #23275 on: June 28, 2022, 09:16:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/germany-101-year-old-ex-nazi-camp-guard-sentenced-to-5-years-in-jail.601281/#post-89172480
Whatever, he still lived a very, very long life being free, much more than most innocent people do. I guess it's nice that he will spend his last few months/years in misery, but this is way too late.

Why only 5?
It’s a shame that we can’t take away any of the 101 years that he lived a free and happy life…. but I guess this will have to suffice.
I'm glad he was sentenced, but it's difficult to consider it justice served at 101 years old and only 5 years.

The fuck do these people want? Throwing his kids in jail on his behalf as well? He got caught at 101 years old, not at 60 or 70 and he got a sentence that virtually ensures he dies in prison.

ShutUp

« Reply #23276 on: June 28, 2022, 10:25:20 AM »
You know you could have just posted a positive thread about how good The Batman looks without the unnecessary, and frankly irrelevant comparison to a thematically unrelated movie series, right?

Oh so all those Snyder threads don’t exist? They can’t handle the shoe being on the other foot in this instance  :lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23277 on: June 28, 2022, 10:47:12 AM »
This forum is like the only place on the internet where I can find "NWH is an ugly movie." consistently stated with a straight face.

:heh
ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #23278 on: June 28, 2022, 10:56:06 AM »
that civil war scene always makes me laugh.

I like how some poster mentions it's only one frame of one scene from the movie.

That' whole fight scene backdrop is the lamest shit I've seen this side of lois and clark

ShutUp

« Reply #23279 on: June 28, 2022, 11:00:09 AM »
Crossing Eden has over 20 posts in just the last three pages of that thread.  :heh