Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1774925 times)

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #23160 on: June 26, 2022, 08:10:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-dont-know-what-to-do-going-into-work-tomorrow-if-i-hear-somebody-praise-roe-vs-wade-being-repelled.600759/
I have to go into work tomorrow because I need to make money, but I'm worried. What if I hear someone laugh at Roe vs. Wade being repelled.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to keep my cool.

You could argue that's not gonna help, but I really don't know what I'm going to do.

Anybody else having this problem?

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23161 on: June 26, 2022, 08:25:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/youve-ever-been-fired.600786/
Yes, for BS reasons (supervisor didn't like me, etc)
I can't imagine why

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #23162 on: June 26, 2022, 08:30:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-dont-know-what-to-do-going-into-work-tomorrow-if-i-hear-somebody-praise-roe-vs-wade-being-repelled.600759/
Quote from: RedMercury
That said if you are talking about customers and you have the right to refuse service, by all means do it.
Quote from: Thordinson
You're going to be an adult, ignore them and move on. You can't stop people from being disgusting human beings.
This is part of the reason things are the way they are in the US. Ignoring these things doesn't make them any better. It's not "being an adult" to just ignore fascists and bigots.
Report them to HR. That type of stuff typically isn't allowed in office environments where I've worked in the past. I know nothing will come of it, but make up some shit to get them spooked when they're suddenly called in for "sensitivity training"
The point is you're at work and there is a time and place for everything. Being an adult is about not letting your emotions take control of you.
When is the time and place? Folks won't do it at home with family, they won't do it at work. They don't do it anywhere.
:lol

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #23163 on: June 26, 2022, 08:44:58 PM »
I have to go into work tomorrow because I need to make money, but I'm worried. What if I hear someone laugh at Roe vs. Wade being repelled.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to keep my cool.

You could argue that's not gonna help, but I really don't know what I'm going to do.

Anybody else having this problem?

Look at this Jim Ryan fellow, not wanting to talk about abortion at work

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #23164 on: June 26, 2022, 08:48:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rudy-giuliani-touched-lightly-on-the-back-inside-staten-island-supermarket.600771/

"I was shoulder-to-shoulder with Rudy inside ShopRite," Rugova-Johnson said. "We're talking, and all of a sudden an employee came out of nowhere and open-handedly slapped him in the back and said, 'Hey, what's up, scumbag?'

The worker was arrested at the store. His charges and identity were not immediately available.

The slap on the back was fine.  It's was the literally physical assault of the words that should send him to prison.
sigh

Polident Hive

« Reply #23165 on: June 26, 2022, 08:51:42 PM »
What does not keeping your cool mean in this scenario? You’ll jump on the random jackass customer and bite their face? Debate them by holding up your phone with a Twitter thread? Give them this look :maf? Stalk them to their home and pelt them with old light bulbs?

clothedmacuser

« Reply #23167 on: June 26, 2022, 09:02:32 PM »
https://twitter.com/BNNBreaking/status/1541205110784593920

lol

Still what ever happened to the ERA commandment, KEEP 👏  YOUR 👏 FUCKING 👏 HANDS 👏 TO 👏 YOURSELF
sigh

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23168 on: June 26, 2022, 09:26:26 PM »
Freedom of speech, not freedom from consequences
Spud

clothedmacuser

« Reply #23169 on: June 26, 2022, 10:13:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/were-the-founding-fathers-actually-dumb-af.600690/post-89086836

This factually incorrect post apropos of nothing.  The full post.

Quote from: deepwater
the genocide of a 100 million indigineous americans is really something thats lost in the historical context of this country's founding

I think Deepwater is getting dumber or maybe he gave his account away and the new person is trying to act like him.
sigh

ShutUp

« Reply #23170 on: June 26, 2022, 11:49:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-needs-to-be-called-out-more-on-their-lack-of-diversity-and-support-for-social-issues.600762/
I mean yeah, corporation. I'm not gonna claim the other big guys handle it well all the time or even sincerely care but Nintendo doesn't even pretend to. They try to remain neutral and "family friendly" but isn't that the excuse that creates all of these issues in the first place? Their "think of the children" attitude is part of the problem and needs to be called out on. And that's not even getting into the diversity issues where Nintendo far behind everyone else. Not a single PoC main character, to say nothing of LGBTQ.
:rethread

The Japanese company isn’t diverse?

Boredfrom

« Reply #23171 on: June 27, 2022, 12:45:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-needs-to-be-called-out-more-on-their-lack-of-diversity-and-support-for-social-issues.600762/
I mean yeah, corporation. I'm not gonna claim the other big guys handle it well all the time or even sincerely care but Nintendo doesn't even pretend to. They try to remain neutral and "family friendly" but isn't that the excuse that creates all of these issues in the first place? Their "think of the children" attitude is part of the problem and needs to be called out on. And that's not even getting into the diversity issues where Nintendo far behind everyone else. Not a single PoC main character, to say nothing of LGBTQ.

The Japanese company isn’t diverse?

Eh… You will be surprised how xenophobic and conservative Japanese companies can be.

benita

« Reply #23172 on: June 27, 2022, 12:56:43 AM »
Quote from: RedMercury
That said if you are talking about customers and you have the right to refuse service, by all means do it.
You're going to be an adult, ignore them and move on. You can't stop people from being disgusting human beings.
This is part of the reason things are the way they are in the US. Ignoring these things doesn't make them any better. It's not "being an adult" to just ignore fascists and bigots.
Report them to HR. That type of stuff typically isn't allowed in office environments where I've worked in the past. I know nothing will come of it, but make up some shit to get them spooked when they're suddenly called in for "sensitivity training"
The point is you're at work and there is a time and place for everything. Being an adult is about not letting your emotions take control of you.
When is the time and place? Folks won't do it at home with family, they won't do it at work. They don't do it anywhere.
:lol

Aren't these the same people who want to hang Zuckerberg for telling employees not to talk about this at work?

Risible

« Reply #23173 on: June 27, 2022, 01:38:33 AM »
Quote from: Darkspellmaster, post: 89058678, member: 57985
OP, as a fellow teacher I'm glad your taking your role as an educator to heart in regard to the student body of your university. I honestly have heard tales from my sister and her friends how, in  high school, one of their female teachers would take advantage of their younger male students to have sex with them, claiming to the girls later on that she was teaching them the good stuff so when they had sex with girls their own age they would know what to do.

It warms my heart that you helped this person you were with but that your also thinking about the power dynamics and how it could affect them and you later. So thank you so much for mentioning that and being a good ethical person.

Eating the asshole of a student 15 years your junior. So ethical and wholesome  :blessup

I'm a professor, and there is NO FUCKING WAY he should be banging college age kids anywhere within a hundred miles radius of his workplace. Let's forget the ethical issues for a second and just focus on sheer CYA tactics as a teacher, it's a recipe for disaster and destroying your career.  And the way he describes how he supposedly goes about it ethically REEKS of "thou dost protest too much."

Klelk

« Reply #23174 on: June 27, 2022, 04:16:10 AM »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23175 on: June 27, 2022, 04:27:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/giant-bomb-ot-26-speaking-of-cumstains-shout-out-to-our-seamen.509268/page-276

Most sane giant bomb fan comparing "reee" to the n word  :doge

Again, imagine if those very same images she posted in her tweets were using the N word (for example) instead...That obviously wouldn't fly.... So why is the other slur ok then? A slur is a slur ffs

And as I mentioned earlier, SHE FUCKING REPEATED IT OUT LOUD ON A STREAM... I think her opinion is really clear here and it's incredibly shitty

You'd think at one point he'd notice that there's perhaps a reason why this isn't considered the same as the n-word

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #23176 on: June 27, 2022, 04:31:32 AM »
Just think about how big of a candy ass you'd have to be to unironically have an Alex Navarro avatar :girlaff
(ice)

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23177 on: June 27, 2022, 04:40:45 AM »
Have you ever been accused of something really bad you didn't do?

How many rees have been "falsely" accused of creepy, sexual shenanigans? 9 and counting. That's just the first page.

:popcorn

https://www.resetera.com/threads/have-you-ever-been-accused-of-something-really-bad-you-didnt-do.600795/

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23178 on: June 27, 2022, 05:54:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-34#post-88999785
User Banned (2 Weeks): Advocating violence
I didn't see it but did Biden really say that violence is not the answer?

Fuck. That.
30k posts user, of course 2 weeks instead of a month like the others.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23179 on: June 27, 2022, 06:12:17 AM »

How many rees have been "falsely" accused of creepy, sexual shenanigans? 9 and counting. That's just the first page.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/have-you-ever-been-accused-of-something-really-bad-you-didnt-do.600795/
One of my irrational fears is being wrongfully accused.

Anyways , I’ve been guilty of pretty much everything I’ve been accused of. However, last week I was accused of entering the back room of a circle k (which I definitely did not) by a little old lady that was doin cashier. She asked me if I did, I said no, and then she told me to not come back to that circle k anymore. I asked her for her name and then left. I’ve been debating on whether or not to contact the manager and let ‘em know it was fucked up to be done like that, but she is a little old lady who probably really needs the job so whatever…
Jesus Christ.  I feel like half whatever was posted there they really did it.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23180 on: June 27, 2022, 06:18:12 AM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23181 on: June 27, 2022, 06:37:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/giant-bomb-ot-26-speaking-of-cumstains-shout-out-to-our-seamen.509268/page-276

Quote from: Grexeno
"Sus" has racist and transphobic origins as well. This stuff starts out like that and ends up so widely used that it's almost pointless to try and put the cat back in the bag.

ah yes I remember that famous 1850 manifesto written by a South Carolinian slave owner, "Why Those of dark Complexion are to be considered extremely Sus in the Eyes of God and Man"
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23182 on: June 27, 2022, 07:06:56 AM »
https://twitter.com/BNNBreaking/status/1541205110784593920

lol

Still what ever happened to the ERA commandment, KEEP 👏  YOUR 👏 FUCKING 👏 HANDS 👏 TO 👏 YOURSELF

Rudy's narration of the "slap" is amazing

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1541222589166747648

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23183 on: June 27, 2022, 07:17:43 AM »
A couple of things, but the worst one was attempted rape. Nearly lost my job because of this person, was in police custody overnight but was released when they admitted it was a lie. Her housemate backed me up, said all i did was bring her home because she was completely wasted and put her on the sofa before leaving.

There's definitely some missing details here. How did he nearly lose his job if he was only in a cell over night then released when she admitted bullshit? How did it even get to the point where this girl calls the police and accuses him?

« Reply #23184 on: June 27, 2022, 07:36:36 AM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23185 on: June 27, 2022, 07:41:05 AM »

Anyways , I’ve been guilty of pretty much everything I’ve been accused of. However, last week I was accused of entering the back room of a circle k (which I definitely did not) by a little old lady that was doin cashier. She asked me if I did, I said no, and then she told me to not come back to that circle k anymore. I asked her for her name and then left. I’ve been debating on whether or not to contact the manager and let ‘em know it was fucked up to be done like that, but she is a little old lady who probably really needs the job so whatever…
Jesus Christ.  I feel like half whatever was posted there they really did it.
Whatever happened to "believe women"?
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23186 on: June 27, 2022, 07:42:41 AM »
A couple of things, but the worst one was attempted rape. Nearly lost my job because of this person, was in police custody overnight but was released when they admitted it was a lie. Her housemate backed me up, said all i did was bring her home because she was completely wasted and put her on the sofa before leaving.

There's definitely some missing details here. How did he nearly lose his job if he was only in a cell over night then released when she admitted bullshit? How did it even get to the point where this girl calls the police and accuses him?
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23187 on: June 27, 2022, 07:44:14 AM »
When I was 10 years-old a girl of the same classroom accused me of touching her butt. Thankfully nothing bad happened to me.
Spud

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23188 on: June 27, 2022, 07:47:46 AM »
Waiting for one of them to say that they were once accused of walking in on a girl who was taking a shower

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23189 on: June 27, 2022, 07:58:22 AM »

Quote from: Gavalanche
Yeah I had no idea it was a slur until the last couple of days either. I doubt it is very common, at least outside the U.S. I mentioned it to a couple of friends and they also had no idea.

In any case, I am sure the developer will address it accordingly and we can all move on.

"did you know the alt right have co-opted the word 'doggo' as a secret sign to identify each other"

"oh my goodness I had no idea"  :o "thanks for educating me friendo"

"...that's another slur"
Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23190 on: June 27, 2022, 08:03:04 AM »
When a normie sees a thread about being wrongly accused of something they think of maybe cheating on an ex or taking the last Kit Kat.
When a ree sees the same thread they think about rape. Now, I'm not saying Ree has a problem but...

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #23191 on: June 27, 2022, 08:23:52 AM »
Statistically there has to be at least one rapist and several sexual assaulters on Reee
Oi Oi

Risible

« Reply #23192 on: June 27, 2022, 08:24:33 AM »
Just think about how big of a candy ass you'd have to be to unironically have an Alex Navarro avatar :girlaff

Arguably the worst of the GB staff.  He would fit right in at Ree. His woe is me schtick is so fucking grating as is his need to talk over everyone.

benjipwns

« Reply #23193 on: June 27, 2022, 10:28:43 AM »

:hmm

HaughtyFrank

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23195 on: June 27, 2022, 12:06:59 PM »
Statistically there has to be at least one rapist and several sexual assaulters on Reee
I remember a woman on Ree called out another poster and I think said poster wasn't banned.  It was so weird seeing that happening in a forum.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23196 on: June 27, 2022, 12:22:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/have-you-ever-been-accused-of-something-really-bad-you-didnt-do.600795/#post-89116071
John Kowalski with a name change
When i was in sixth grade one of my teachers stopped the class to tell me to put get my hands out below the table and keep them on the table at all times. She also said "you can't do that at school" with a very irritated and ashamed tone. I still don't know what she thought i was doing, but i was a very anxious kid and had restless legs as well as other nervous ticks so i assume she thought i was masturbating, but i was too young to even think about that at the time. It's strange because i don't think anyone in the class understood. And i kept my hands on the table for a few months just for fear of what she'd say.
With all those masturbating threads he makes he likely was in class.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #23197 on: June 27, 2022, 12:53:28 PM »
Who hasn't knocked one out during a lesson :shaq
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23198 on: June 27, 2022, 01:14:10 PM »

"not a single poc character" is some disingenuous bullshit when most of their big sellers since 2007 have let you use your own fucking custom avatar as the main character

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23199 on: June 27, 2022, 01:16:42 PM »
Quote from: Darkspellmaster, post: 89058678, member: 57985
OP, as a fellow teacher I'm glad your taking your role as an educator to heart in regard to the student body of your university. I honestly have heard tales from my sister and her friends how, in  high school, one of their female teachers would take advantage of their younger male students to have sex with them, claiming to the girls later on that she was teaching them the good stuff so when they had sex with girls their own age they would know what to do.

It warms my heart that you helped this person you were with but that your also thinking about the power dynamics and how it could affect them and you later. So thank you so much for mentioning that and being a good ethical person.

Eating the asshole of a student 15 years your junior. So ethical and wholesome  :blessup

I'm a professor, and there is NO FUCKING WAY he should be banging college age kids anywhere within a hundred miles radius of his workplace. Let's forget the ethical issues for a second and just focus on sheer CYA tactics as a teacher, it's a recipe for disaster and destroying your career.  And the way he describes how he supposedly goes about it ethically REEKS of "thou dost protest too much."

You don't need to be a professor to know the non-creeper formula is (n/2)+7 AND YES THAT INCLUDES YOU, GAYS

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23200 on: June 27, 2022, 01:21:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/have-you-ever-been-accused-of-something-really-bad-you-didnt-do.600795/page-2#post-89136708
I made a friend online, and we hit it off, talked a lot at night and played games together. She’d never been in a relationship or had any kind of intimacy, still lived at home with her parents in her mid-twenties. She would ask me questions about that kind of stuff though, about my experiences. Eventually she told me she liked me and I was honest and said I liked her but wasn’t looking for that kind of thing and wanted to stay friends. She seemed to take it well but continued to push the issue again a few months later.

According to her friends she became obsessive about me, and she found ways to contact my offline friends and ask them about me. I let her know I was uncomfortable with that and she said it wouldn’t happen again, but it did. She started to accuse me of treating her like an afterthought and prioritizing my offline friends over her. Honestly I spent most of my free time talking to her so that was frustrating to hear.

She started seeing some guy and apparently on their first meeting he forced himself on her. She continued to see him and he continued to force himself on her in more and more upsetting ways. I would stay up talking her through it because she said she was too embarrassed to tell her other friends. I was starting to feel like she was using this to make me feel bad, and then she basically said that if I had just returned her feelings she wouldn’t be in the situation, so I started to wonder what was true and what wasn’t because it felt like a huge guilt trip.

I still talked to her because outside of that stuff it was still fun to play games and stuff together. But then she used my relationship with my best friend against me. This friend is a minor celebrity and the girl and her friends started harassing my best friend and her friends asking about me. Some invasive private stuff that they didn’t want to comment on. That pissed the girl and her friends off, and so she reached out to an, at the time, ex of mine to tell her about all these shitty things she claimed I had been doing and how I’d been lying to the ex. My ex basically told her to fuck off, and this girl got very upset about that and how my ex needed to Believe Women, and tried to guilt her in that way. But my ex wasn’t having it. I’d known her for like 14 years to the like 2.5-3 I’d known this girl, so my ex has a pretty good understanding of my character.

So the girl made a “callout” post about me, accusing me and the ex of lying about a bunch of stuff, including fake screenshots where they had made Twitter accounts to pose as me and say stuff I never said. She accused me of being a narcissist who was gaslighting her, grooming her, emotionally abusing her, and forcing my kinks onto her (the post didn’t go into detail on wtf that meant and I still don’t really know). I had also, during the course of our friendship, told her about my issues with gender identity, and she seemed very supportive at the time, but in this post and ever since, she has exclusively and pointedly referred to and addressed me as a man, which feels especially hurtful and malicious, and likely helped get people on her side. Her friend group backed her up, and the drama of it all has caused awkwardness with my best friend and her friends, so we no longer publicly interact online.

I’ve never commented on the callout post and the false accusations, and I’ve thought about setting the record straight and detailing the, what I’ve come to accept as, emotional manipulation of her end. But ultimately I feel like she got her side out first and it won’t do me much good anyway to try and refute the whole thing. I’ve definitely been through a bit of an emotional rollercoaster as far as feelings of anger, questioning self worth, nearly convincing myself everything she’s said was true, then remembering the truth, etc. I’ve been paranoid that I’m still being e-stalked by her and her friends, and cautious about being too open or personal online. It’s been a rough set of months since it happened.

Also when I was in 7th grade, I was having an AIM conversation with a friend, and she got mad at me for something we were arguing about and logged off. About an hour later she and her dad showed up at my house with a “printout” of our conversation, in which she had added that I had called her a bitch at one point. I tried to explain that it was fake but at the time my parents didn’t understand how easy that was to do and saw the printout as hard evidence. It was one of the only times I was grounded and it lasted 3 months. Sucked royally
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 01:26:45 PM by Taco Bell Tower »

Propagandhim

« Reply #23201 on: June 27, 2022, 01:30:00 PM »

I don't want to sound like a prick, especially since I don't know you, but that guy is providing a crucial service for his students by tongue-punching their pink farthole.  What are you doing?  Really - I'm not trying to be antagonistic, i'm genuinely curious - what are you doing to change the world for the next generation?  Teaching definite integrals? 

Do
Better

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23202 on: June 27, 2022, 01:44:58 PM »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23203 on: June 27, 2022, 01:50:32 PM »
This is kinda reaching "blackface in the Netherlands isn't racist because it's a tradition!" levels of apologia.
You didn't know it was a slur, okay. Jess clearly knew it and she still said it out loud. Now deflecting to "seems like you might just have a problem with this person" is incredibly weak.

Ryan said the F word out loud and immediately apologized and wrote a genuine apology the next day. That was in 2013 or so. That was a worse fuck up because it was unprompted but nobody ever held it against him because he reacted the way he did. Jess didn't. End of story.

This obsession with "omg you said the the word out loud" is getting really dumb. Like I get it in certain cases like the n-word but to now treat every single slur like this, be it even words that happen to have different meanings  depending on the context, it gets absurd and gives these words much more power than they should have. The left is supposed to be the "academic and intellectual" side and yet a bunch of them want to make it impossible to even talk about these words in an analytic fashion.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #23204 on: June 27, 2022, 03:20:54 PM »
This is kinda reaching "blackface in the Netherlands isn't racist because it's a tradition!" levels of apologia.
You didn't know it was a slur, okay. Jess clearly knew it and she still said it out loud. Now deflecting to "seems like you might just have a problem with this person" is incredibly weak.

Ryan said the F word out loud and immediately apologized and wrote a genuine apology the next day. That was in 2013 or so. That was a worse fuck up because it was unprompted but nobody ever held it against him because he reacted the way he did. Jess didn't. End of story.

This obsession with "omg you said the the word out loud" is getting really dumb. Like I get it in certain cases like the n-word but to now treat every single slur like this, be it even words that happen to have different meanings  depending on the context, it gets absurd and gives these words much more power than they should have. The left is supposed to be the "academic and intellectual" side and yet a bunch of them want to make it impossible to even talk about these words in an analytic fashion.

this part of the left love playing cop :trumps
(ice)

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #23205 on: June 27, 2022, 03:22:07 PM »
And live up to ACAB in the process.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #23206 on: June 27, 2022, 03:24:59 PM »
DEFUND RESETERA :society
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #23207 on: June 27, 2022, 03:29:54 PM »
It's not a slur if it's not used in the right context though. (I'm granting the proposition that's a slur.) It's socially verboten to say the n-word at all but there are contexts where it's not a slur simply for the word to actually be said. That's kind of how we know if someone is intending to use the word as a slur which is like extra bad than just saying a slur.

There's also the fact that other people telling you something is a slur and you can't say it doesn't mean you'll understand why it's a slur which is the important part. You might understand that other people REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE when you say REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to make fun of people who REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE but you won't know why they're upset about it if someone simply insists on the thought terminating cliche of "it's a slur" as an explanation to you.

It's funny how much they demand behavior conform to potentially unknowable information.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23208 on: June 27, 2022, 03:37:42 PM »
DEFUND RESETERA :society
The crypto crash is doing that already
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23209 on: June 27, 2022, 03:44:36 PM »
So like are frogs banned on ResetEra since they scream reeeee?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23210 on: June 27, 2022, 03:53:05 PM »
the adl recognizes pepe the frog as a hate symbol (warning very spicy do not click) and things like the ok hand gesture, but does not recognize ree, therefore it is not officially a slur or hate symbol :hmph

honestly I always associated it with this

and therefore associate it with impotent rage, the inability to deal with a problem rationally, or accept things you don't like with dignity

which I suppose you could link back to autism, if these traits are what you imagine when you think of autistic people, but it's not the first place I go
:idont
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23211 on: June 27, 2022, 05:16:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/giant-bomb-ot-26-speaking-of-cumstains-shout-out-to-our-seamen.509268/page-277#post-89123466

Quote from: snausages
Quote from: Death Metalist
Definitely. If I was the developer I would have something concrete by now just to clarify and make my position about it known instead of letting the flames burn sort to speak.
Yeah I think it's an easy thing for them to correct, and I don't think people are in the wrong to be angry about it but I don't think these guys seem like bad faith actors. Like I'm hyper vigilante about prejudice against neurodivergent people, I think it's one of those battles we need to have with people still unfortunately. Right now we (my family) are trying to find programs for employment for my brother, there's some out there but employment outlets for some neurodivergent folk are still imo playing catchup to where they really need to be at.

But I honestly never even knew this term was in that ballpark until very recently. Another user posted a video in here of a frog, that's where I first saw this term, I just thought it was some frog related nonsense and I think a lot of people still think that. Anyway I just wanted to share my perspective on this. There's a lot that needs to be done to improve understanding of ASD but unless the developer response is bad or untimely I'm kinda putting this one down to ignorance of meme origins than cruelty.

But yes they should say or do something about it, no argument there

regarding how the developers should correct this grievous error

what if they change it to "REEEEEEEEEEEK!" or to "GREEEEEEEEEEEE!"

would those be considered too close?  :thinking

and then if other media went on to use REEEEEK or GREEEEE would that be considered "they knew EXACTLY what they were referencing" and we have ree-adjacent sound effects also banned?

I mean what if it was BLUHHHHHH or DUHHHHHH, aren't those also traditionally stupid person sounds? possibly just as bad?

:idont
Uncle

jorma

« Reply #23212 on: June 27, 2022, 05:16:58 PM »
they just didn't like the way people made fun of their reeeeing so they're trying hard to get it classified as a slur to make it go away since they have no intentions to quit reeeing

sort of like the Karens tried to compare it to racial slurs when they didn't like being called a Karen when they did Karen things

Risible

« Reply #23213 on: June 27, 2022, 07:17:17 PM »

I don't want to sound like a prick, especially since I don't know you, but that guy is providing a crucial service for his students by tongue-punching their pink farthole.  What are you doing?  Really - I'm not trying to be antagonistic, i'm genuinely curious - what are you doing to change the world for the next generation?  Teaching definite integrals? 

Do
Better

Thanks for opening my eyes. Brb, off to lick student's butts.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #23214 on: June 27, 2022, 07:41:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89148894
Quote from: Nepenthe  Administrator
Clarence Thomas has no ulterior motives or deep philosophical ruminations.

He's just a vengeful coon piece of shit. They exist.

But what's more telling is that he was ultimately elevated to this position of power by white folks.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89150181
Quote from: Imran
Hey what the fuck
My Black ass can call a coon a coon if I want to.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89151201
Quote from: Royalan  Moderator
Are we really defending the honor of Clarence Thomas from being accurately described as a coon by other Black folks in this thread?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89151537
That biscuit-lipped Uncle Tom took some of my rights away out of admitted spite and that's what some folks wanna be mad at.
OBE

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #23215 on: June 27, 2022, 07:42:15 PM »

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #23216 on: June 27, 2022, 07:48:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89148894

But what's more telling is that he was ultimately elevated to this position of power by white folks.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89150181
Hey what the fuck

https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-91#post-89153553
Quote from: Alavard
You know we can all see that you haven't posted a damn thing about this subject except this post right? You really had nothing to contribute about the overturning of Roe v Wade except this?
Shockingly not all my communications online are on this forum. What are you trying to imply?

Quote from: Nepenthe
That a Black person using the word "coon" triggered your desire to post more than anything else that's gone on in this fiasco.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-91#post-89153991
You're under some sort of strange belief that this thread is the center of all discussion in the world. I'm not sure how to respond to that. Use whatever word you like, I guess.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-91#post-89154165
Quote from: Nepenthe
You're assuming quite a bit there yourself, chief.

Edit:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-91#post-89156001
Okay. I take back what I said earlier. I replied to that post because I was linked that post. I didn't participate in this discussion all weekend because I was 1) sick and 2) actually protesting. I didn't realize not having done so was going to set people off.

Implying I'm not minority enough or that I don't care enough is genuine bullshit and I'm honestly so upset by it I'm seething. I did not realize I was supposed to lead with my Twitter posts angry about it, saying we should fit the judges for guillotines, using my podium to to raise abortion funds at the risk of my job, or anything like that.

You guys can use whatever words you want without argument from me. I am done posting about it and rescind my initial comment.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 08:02:34 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23217 on: June 27, 2022, 07:55:24 PM »

Hey what the fuck

https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89151201
Quote from: Royalan  Moderator
Are we really defending the honor of Clarence Thomas from being accurately described as a coon by other Black folks in this thread?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-see-staff-post.599955/page-90#post-89151537
That biscuit-lipped Uncle Tom took some of my rights away out of admitted spite and that's what some folks wanna be mad at.

Finally some white allies Nepenthe approves of

https://twitter.com/FreeBlckThought/status/1540805783658577921

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #23218 on: June 27, 2022, 08:06:24 PM »
Nepenthe is really starting to go off in that thread. "How dare anyone be taken aback by the casual use of a racial slur."
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #23219 on: June 27, 2022, 08:09:20 PM »
Quote from: Professor Beef
I would think the only group of people more qualified to know if someone is a coon or not would be black people, but hey what do I know
Willie don't care.