Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1859384 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #51300 on: July 12, 2023, 12:34:10 AM »
They grew up and realised making fun of people online is a waste of energy
::)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51301 on: July 15, 2023, 10:11:02 AM »
Changed my mind and will leave it here for now.

:trumps
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 11:29:46 AM by bork »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #51302 on: July 15, 2023, 05:10:47 PM »
Move it back. This was for the best, the people have moved on, the thread is dead and yet you still cower. Make it make sense.

This is the perfect opportunity. They have a new site in thebore.net and you still can't do it. Now is a time for bravery and doing what's right. Now is a time for sticking your chest out and having. your head held high. Move this God forsaken bitch ass thread to the Dumpster and don't resurrect it.

I am extremely disappointed in you Bork.
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #51303 on: July 15, 2023, 06:17:35 PM »
Move it back. This was for the best, the people have moved on, the thread is dead and yet you still cower. Make it make sense.

This is the perfect opportunity. They have a new site in thebore.net and you still can't do it. Now is a time for bravery and doing what's right. Now is a time for sticking your chest out and having. your head held high. Move this God forsaken bitch ass thread to the Dumpster and don't resurrect it.

I am extremely disappointed in you Bork.
:lol shut up the fuck up, casanova

this is how you know bork made the right decision, it's something himu would not do  :bolo

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51304 on: July 15, 2023, 07:02:12 PM »
Changed my mind and will leave it here for now.

:trumps
🤴

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #51305 on: July 15, 2023, 09:23:28 PM »
PSA for shit thread exclusive posters:

Okay, an alt-Bore for unfunny incels is available now: https://thebore.net/forum/
OBE

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #51306 on: July 16, 2023, 10:27:35 PM »
Can someone start posting content from the other bore in here?

They managed to make an even worse mobile version than here do I can't read it
:O

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #51307 on: July 16, 2023, 10:33:10 PM »

Move over already, bitch :bolo
Margs

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #51308 on: July 16, 2023, 11:44:20 PM »
There are more likes to be had on the new site, just sayin.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #51309 on: July 17, 2023, 06:15:20 AM »
casanova

:gladbron

Kurt Russell

« Reply #51310 on: July 17, 2023, 03:56:35 PM »

And the fonts look like complete shit on the desktop in Centos too
woke

james

« Reply #51311 on: July 17, 2023, 07:58:31 PM »
Im pretty sure its a phys-ops, no one would design a website that ugly by accident

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #51312 on: July 17, 2023, 10:24:32 PM »

You should consider signing up for a subscription to the print edition.

BIONIC

« Reply #51313 on: July 18, 2023, 11:02:27 AM »
Im pretty sure its a phys-ops, no one would design a website that ugly by accident

Margs

james

« Reply #51314 on: July 18, 2023, 11:56:42 AM »
So, I’m not a big gamer, never have been, but have had Switch for a couple of years for Just Dance mainly (and for Crash Bandicoot for nostalgia reasons)

Recently, I thought to branch out and Mario Kart seems to be highly recommended, and as I thought it would be like Rayman which I used to play in PlayStation as a child and loved. I remember liking the variety of the tracks there - different textures, climbing, jumping, collecting things etc. it was a lot of fun alone and with a friend.

I expected something similar for Mario Kart (it’s on me for not looking very deep into it) but my initial feelings were those of disappointment. I did a couple of races (I play alone) but they were, well… boring. Just a track with some bends, a couple of coins to catch and that was it. I did 3 laps on 3 tracks (even won one) and called it quits because I was bored.

Now, I have read that people like the details and the tracks are fun even single player and I feel like I’m either missing something or I’m simply not the target audience.

I guess I’m asking for encouragement. Should I persevere and there will be more interesting tracks coming? Or should I just sell it and find something else? I have also considered a Zelda game or Luigi’s Mansion 3.

I have about an hour or two a week to spend on gaming like this. Solo.

Games that I have played and enjoyed: Harry Potter 1 and 2 on PS1, Rayman on PS1 and Crash Bandicoot.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/152zp8a/mario_kart_8_deluxe_need_encouragement/

:confused :confused :confused

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #51315 on: July 18, 2023, 12:13:01 PM »
Mario Kart sucks and people are finally realizing it.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51316 on: July 18, 2023, 05:02:51 PM »
Has to be a troll or suffering from brain damage.

Who plays just solo vs races in singleplayer?
Just solo vs races. I will try it again before deciding whether to sell or not and will try the Grand Prix version. The perfectionist in me does like the idea of completing the tracks.

who plays Crash Bandicoot and doesn't know what a platformer is.
TIL what platformers is. 😀 And yeah, a racing game is not the same at all - I did not approach the game picking from that angle. In the Rayman I used to play there were also laps and I drew a very shallow conclusion that this game should be similar enough.

🤴

james

« Reply #51317 on: July 18, 2023, 05:17:45 PM »
Has to be a troll or suffering from brain damage.
TIL what platformers is. 😀 And yeah, a racing game is not the same at all - I did not approach the game picking from that angle. In the Rayman I used to play there were also laps and I drew a very shallow conclusion that this game should be similar enough.

Maybe it's AI

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51318 on: July 18, 2023, 05:29:34 PM »
Why does he know what TIL is but not what a platformer is.

Why does he call Grand Prix mode in Mario Kart a 'version'.

Why does he mention playing Rayman with a friend having 'laps' on the PS1. There isn't a Rayman with laps or multiplayer on the PS1.

Why does he only own Crash Bandicoot and Just Dance on Switch. How did all the advertisements for the 15998 other games, including ads literally on the Switch and the box of the Switch itself pass him by but a very late Switch port of Crash Bandicoot didn't?

Why is Reddit not noticing any of this and acting like this is all normal behaviour  :rage
🤴

james

« Reply #51319 on: July 18, 2023, 06:25:14 PM »
Why does he know what TIL is but not what a platformer is.

Why does he call Grand Prix mode in Mario Kart a 'version'.

Why does he only own Crash Bandicoot and Just Dance on Switch.

It's December 23 1997 and OP is a grandmother who needs to get a kid a present for Christmas

nampad

« Reply #51320 on: July 18, 2023, 08:06:57 PM »
So, I’m not a big gamer, never have been, but have had Switch for a couple of years for Just Dance mainly (and for Crash Bandicoot for nostalgia reasons)

Recently, I thought to branch out and Mario Kart seems to be highly recommended, and as I thought it would be like Rayman which I used to play in PlayStation as a child and loved. I remember liking the variety of the tracks there - different textures, climbing, jumping, collecting things etc. it was a lot of fun alone and with a friend.

I expected something similar for Mario Kart (it’s on me for not looking very deep into it) but my initial feelings were those of disappointment. I did a couple of races (I play alone) but they were, well… boring. Just a track with some bends, a couple of coins to catch and that was it. I did 3 laps on 3 tracks (even won one) and called it quits because I was bored.

Now, I have read that people like the details and the tracks are fun even single player and I feel like I’m either missing something or I’m simply not the target audience.

I guess I’m asking for encouragement. Should I persevere and there will be more interesting tracks coming? Or should I just sell it and find something else? I have also considered a Zelda game or Luigi’s Mansion 3.

I have about an hour or two a week to spend on gaming like this. Solo.

Games that I have played and enjoyed: Harry Potter 1 and 2 on PS1, Rayman on PS1 and Crash Bandicoot.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/152zp8a/mario_kart_8_deluxe_need_encouragement/

:confused :confused :confused

Happens when you don’t have nostalgia for Nintendo.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #51321 on: July 19, 2023, 07:48:18 AM »
for my own personal tastes. mario kart needs to be toned down. it's way too much going on in 8. I'd take a mario kart 64 remake with solid online play over 8.

I still had fun with 8 and can't say it's a bad game, but sometimes I want something more simple. I guess there's always the other cart racing games.

benjipwns

« Reply #51322 on: July 20, 2023, 02:30:24 AM »
I guess there's always the other cart racing games.

:jeb

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #51323 on: July 20, 2023, 10:55:11 AM »
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #51324 on: July 26, 2023, 12:53:10 AM »
I guess there's always the other cart racing games.
DreamWorks Animation all-stars Shrek, Puss in Boots, Boss Baby, Hiccup, and a whole bunch of Trolls are getting the Mario Kart treatment for a new game: DreamWorks All-Star Kart Racing. The crossover kart racer will span two decades of the DreamWorks cinematic catalog, borrowing characters from the Shrek and How to Train Your Dragon films, as well as Megamind and The Bad Guys.

DreamWorks All-Star Kart Racing looks to spice up the kart-racing genre with a few twists: Magical switches on race courses can be struck to uncover hidden shortcuts, and DreamWorks Animation’s Trolls will ride along with racers and are equipped with power-ups and “special surprises,” according to publisher GameMill Entertainment.

The extended Shrek family is strongly represented in DreamWorks All-Star Kart Racing; the eponymous ogre, his ogre wife Fiona, Donkey, and Puss in Boots are all playable racers. Wolf from Puss In Boots: The Last Wish is also playable, but one of two characters exclusive to a digital deluxe version of the game (the other is Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda). Each character will have their own kart — Shrek’s looks all swampy, Fiona’s is onion-inspired, and Donkey’s is modeled after the mother of his children — that can be upgraded with cosmetics and other customizations.

Other confirmed racers include Po, Tigress, and Master Shifu from Kung Fu Panda; Astrid from How to Train Your Dragon; Megamind; and Mr. Wolf from The Bad Guys. GameMill promises 20 fan-favorite characters and a variety of tracks based on locations from DreamWorks movies.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #51325 on: July 26, 2023, 01:26:12 AM »
 :hesright

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #51326 on: July 26, 2023, 03:50:46 AM »
I'm looking forward to updated dreamworks face meme using their character select screen

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51327 on: July 26, 2023, 08:53:21 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoHotTakes/comments/159vic2/aita_for_demanding_my_husband_get_rid_of_our_bidet/
I (29f) have completely been traumatized by my husband (30m) and our new toilet bidet. A couple months ago, my husband installed a bidet into our master bathroom, and I initially didn’t think much of it. I know they’re a lot more common now, and I actually enjoy using it myself. That is, until one day, I walked into our en suite and heard moans, running water, and clapping sounds coming from the water closet while my husband was in there (he didn’t realize I was home). I barged in and caught him full on masturbating with the bidet running on his nether regions. I spooked him so badly he slammed the door to the water closet smashing my hand in the process. 😭 He instantly felt remorseful and leaped from the toilet to tend to me and my wounded hand (still fully erect) without thinking to shut off the bidet. The water stream went wild spraying everywhere; it was a disaster! If not for the pain in my throbbing hand I would have mistaken the incident for a fever dream. Anyway, I later asked him how often he does this, and he admitted it happens almost every time he goes number 2. He mentioned he enjoys the feeling of the pressure on his bum while he pleasures himself. I guess I don’t care so much about the logistics of how he chooses to get off, but after all this and the SIGNIFICANT increase in our water bill that suddenly makes so much sense, I told him to just get rid of it. AITA/overreacting, or is there room for compromise here? 😩

:woody
ど助平

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #51328 on: July 26, 2023, 10:52:16 AM »
He instantly felt remorseful and leaped from the toilet to tend to me and my wounded hand (still fully erect) without thinking to shut off the bidet
:dead

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #51329 on: July 26, 2023, 03:45:01 PM »
World's sanest bidet user
©@©™

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #51330 on: July 30, 2023, 11:45:43 AM »
can we use this thread to make fun of people on thebore.net yet?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #51331 on: July 30, 2023, 11:50:41 AM »
It's another forum innit :rash
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #51332 on: July 30, 2023, 12:04:18 PM »

don't see why not, as there's already been a couple of potshots taken over there :idont

but also, SAY IT TO MY FACE, MUTHAFUCKER  :punch

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #51333 on: July 30, 2023, 03:37:57 PM »

tiny pp crew
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #51334 on: July 31, 2023, 02:14:53 PM »

don't see why not, as there's already been a couple of potshots taken over there :idont

but also, SAY IT TO MY FACE, MUTHAFUCKER  :punch
Alright, you asked for it  :maf
I think you're cool  :uguu

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #51335 on: August 01, 2023, 04:57:59 AM »

Sman

« Reply #51336 on: August 02, 2023, 12:09:03 AM »
I'm late to the party, I know...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/at-the-height-of-the-attack-on-trans-folk-cenk-and-ana-of-the-young-turks-decide-to-dabble-in-some-old-news-transphobia.700291/page-14

REE losing their mind over The Young Turks going off script.

No don't you see, if everyone in the room is calling you an asshole, it's that the room can't handle a disagreement!   

This is delicious from a forum streamlined over the years to only have people calling other people assholes. Just to be safe, they streamlined it further in that thread.

The Young Terfs

Predictable but still  :lol

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #51337 on: August 02, 2023, 02:40:59 PM »
That TERF BITCH JOANNE got to Young Turks :maf

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51338 on: August 07, 2023, 01:30:31 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/amiwrong/comments/15kk614/my_girlfriend_told_all_her_friends_that_i_drink/

My girlfriend told all her friends that I drink her piss

She(19f) told them about how at first I(19m) only had her pee on my face, before we moved further and had her piss directly into my mouth. We had talked about this before and agreed not to tell anyone. But then she went on and bragged about it to all of her friends anyways. It’s just really embarrassing.

But when I confronted her she said it is her sex life and she has the right to tell her friends. Am I wrong for being upset about her telling them?

:piss :dizzy :piss2
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #51339 on: August 07, 2023, 03:59:52 PM »
 :kermit

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #51341 on: August 10, 2023, 10:21:51 AM »
Why does he mention playing Rayman with a friend having 'laps' on the PS1. There isn't a Rayman with laps or multiplayer on the PS1.

Uncle

BIONIC

« Reply #51342 on: August 10, 2023, 10:42:56 AM »
:titus
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51343 on: August 10, 2023, 03:34:20 PM »
What kind of Mandela effect alternate timeline is this :info
🤴

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #51344 on: August 13, 2023, 02:27:32 AM »

james

« Reply #51345 on: August 14, 2023, 04:51:50 PM »
This is horrible. What’s the cause?

Is this where Sonic 2 was filmed?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/much-of-historic-lahaina-maui-hi-believed-destroyed-as-huge-wildfire-sends-people-fleeing-into-water-update-93-found-dead-so-far.751318/page-6

I recently watched Sonic 2 stay safe everyone

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51346 on: August 15, 2023, 10:09:16 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/amiwrong/comments/15rm0cj/am_i_wrong_for_telling_my_boyfriend_if_he_doesnt/

Am I wrong for telling my boyfriend if he doesn’t shower I’m leaving him?

My boyfriend M 21 and me F 20 have been dating for 3 years, the relationship was going amazing until last month. He was watching YouTube and came across a video of a creator talking about how they don’t shower for months at a time because apparently it’s “healthier”. So he stopped showering and everytime i mention to him that he needs to shower because it’s f-king GROSS! He gets mad and storms off. I’ve been mentioning that he needs to shower for the past 3 weeks now and he refuses. We got into a huge argument (we never fight) and it got to the point where I screamed at him and told him that he smells like BO and if he doesn’t shower I’m leaving him. I eventually packed a bag with essentials grabbed my car keys and rented a hotel room for 2 nights.. he blew up my phone non stop telling me he’s sorry and to come home.. I eventually had to block his number due to him sending me 20 messages at a time and having over 40 missed calls from him.. he used to take 3 showers a day, wear expensive cologne, and wear deodorant.. now he won’t shower, showers himself in cologne and he won’t wear deodorant.. everytime he hugs me or gets close to me I gag! What do I do?

ど助平

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #51347 on: August 15, 2023, 10:53:22 AM »
Theirs a lot of red flags here.

Didn't care about your confort and your opinion

Highly influenced by random video ( what will be the next dumb advice he will follow?)

Leave you a gross amount of calls and messages instead of letting you getting a breath(literally)

He's still really immature.

Wonder what his ResetEra username is

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #51348 on: August 18, 2023, 03:28:52 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 11:15:55 PM by team filler »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51349 on: August 25, 2023, 04:02:28 PM »
🤴

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #51350 on: August 30, 2023, 05:19:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ap-connecticut-man-arrested-months-after-finding-a-bag-full-of-5-000-in-cash-in-a-parking-lot.759268/#post-111257638

Having trouble disagreeing with the guy. Just cause your name is on something valuable doesn't protect you from it going missing when you irresponsibly leave it laying around outside unsupervised.

:lol

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #51351 on: August 31, 2023, 10:39:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ap-connecticut-man-arrested-months-after-finding-a-bag-full-of-5-000-in-cash-in-a-parking-lot.759268/#post-111257638

Having trouble disagreeing with the guy. Just cause your name is on something valuable doesn't protect you from it going missing when you irresponsibly leave it laying around outside unsupervised.

:lol

I find this to be horse shit!
Whatever happened to personal responsibility.

Sounds like he's finding out about personal responsibility right now.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #51352 on: September 04, 2023, 03:16:01 AM »
Messofanego caught some big name GAF racists angry about the GTA:SA announcement back in the day:
Just refreshing people's memories on how racist gamers were when San Andreas was revealed. And these posts were from GAF, not Gamefaqs.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #51353 on: September 04, 2023, 03:34:51 AM »
 :neogaf

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51354 on: September 04, 2023, 01:54:12 PM »

You forgot the best one :dead
🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #51355 on: September 04, 2023, 01:55:24 PM »
 :brain

davepoobond

« Reply #51356 on: September 04, 2023, 04:28:16 PM »
holy crap drinky crow... goin down memory lane there pal
dpb

Raist

« Reply #51357 on: September 10, 2023, 02:36:09 PM »

Raist

« Reply #51358 on: September 22, 2023, 11:06:10 AM »
I'm confused about the winter thing. They are in the southern hemisphere so should it not technically be that they are going into summer?
Still stupidly hot though.

:brain

james

« Reply #51359 on: September 27, 2023, 05:38:14 PM »
News:

Due to a threat of legal action we have been forced to take the forum offline to expunge a number of posts from a banned user. We are working to resolve the situation and will have the forum back online as soon as possible.

Its a forum about road signs

:dead :dead :dead

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php