Author Topic: Horizon Forbidden Waifu  (Read 9334 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: Horizon Forbidden Waifu
« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2022, 06:20:55 PM »
The platforming and combat are beyond infurating at times, like bitch fucking GRAB THE FUCKING ledge you stupid fuck
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2022, 07:27:24 PM »
The platforming and combat are beyond infurating at times, like bitch fucking GRAB THE FUCKING ledge you stupid fuck

Or when you run into a grabbable surface during combat and you start climbing and get hit.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2022, 10:20:15 PM »
Finally unlocked all the dumb upgrades so I can work on some sidequests and such
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #243 on: March 20, 2022, 10:27:14 PM »
fyi, most of the flowers/firegleams just give you a chest of loot worth like 5 bucks when you sell them. I expected at least like some data points or something. Maybe one or two had that.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #244 on: March 20, 2022, 10:30:02 PM »
I'm just focusing on sidequests to get XP for Level 50, I already bought the good armor and bow from the arena
fat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #245 on: March 20, 2022, 11:55:52 PM »
As much as I did like the game.

It has some of the worst modern “platforming” in games. It can’t even get the fake cinematic push forward platforming right. There were plenty instances for me where Aloy would just not make a jump that for all purposes she should.

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #246 on: March 21, 2022, 10:52:39 AM »
I was on the fence about the platforming until the first cauldron feelsbadman
jon

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #247 on: March 22, 2022, 10:30:59 AM »
The Ted Faro level was the biggest cocktease. Honestly so far preferring the first game, I loved the mystery and feeling of seeing the effects of the history of the world.

It feels like in this game they are just shitting out answers to things, and now suddenly everyone and their mother has a Focus (Aloy literally carries around a cute purse with tens of hundreds of Focuses) and everything is commonplace.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 10:35:47 AM by demi »
fat

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #248 on: March 22, 2022, 12:53:03 PM »
Well Aloy was delving into a lot of ruins between games, so she had found quite a few focuses.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I also wish we could have seen Ted, but it wasn't thematically important to see his actual form. I just imagined a big Resident Evil-looking blob but immobile and in a lot of pain. Which he fucking deserved.
[close]

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #249 on: March 22, 2022, 01:14:11 PM »
I need to play more of this, I'm still dicking around in the starter zone of the 'West' west whenever I play :fbm
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #250 on: March 22, 2022, 02:20:05 PM »
Well Aloy was delving into a lot of ruins between games, so she had found quite a few focuses.
I also wish we could have seen Ted, but it wasn't thematically important to see his actual form. I just imagined a big Resident Evil-looking blob but immobile and in a lot of pain. Which he fucking deserved.
[close]

I was expecting a boss fight tbh.

I think Horizon could use with more unique bosses that aren't just humans or dinos. More RE/Spectacle one-time only bosses.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #251 on: March 23, 2022, 11:31:14 AM »
[close]

So why does the Quen have version 1.0 focuses if Aloy apparently found hundreds of them? Lol
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 11:49:17 AM by demi »
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #252 on: March 23, 2022, 11:47:45 AM »
[close]

So why does the Quen have version 1.0 focuses if Aloy apparently found hundreds of them? Lol

Just gotta roll with it.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #253 on: March 23, 2022, 01:16:48 PM »
The Quen empire found the equivalent of an old lockbox full of iPhone 3Gs. It sounds like they have a pretty limited number considering only Diviners can use them. Of the Quen from the expedition, only Alva and her overseer have one (I'm pretty sure. Ceo definitely did not).

Aloy having a more advanced focus makes in 1000x easier for her to find others. Sylens had plenty of Focuses in the first game and distributed them amongst the Eclipse leaders. It's how the communicated over long distances and coordinated.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 01:21:01 PM by Let's Cyber »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #254 on: March 23, 2022, 01:54:05 PM »
I mean that still doesnt make much sense

Sylens and Aloy distribute these things like free Cricket phones on the corner, and they're as simple as just slapping one on the temple (even dumbass Erend can use one after 5 minutes) but the Quen - who probably do plenty of delving (you find them inside a facility much like any other Aloy explores) can apparently not find any and have flip-phone quality focuses that are somehow limited to these Diviners. Just doesn't add up to me

It's whatever - just reason why I prefer the first game and the mystery of it all. Horizon 2 just makes everything commonplace which ruins the intrigue to me
fat

Let's Cyber

« Reply #255 on: March 23, 2022, 04:56:41 PM »
I was expecting a boss fight tbh.

I think Horizon could use with more unique bosses that aren't just humans or dinos. More RE/Spectacle one-time only bosses.
It's tough because it's a risk. If it works out, you have a cool fight and nice change of pace from the rest of the game.

If it doesn't work, you get Human Reaper from ME2.  :yuck

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #256 on: March 25, 2022, 02:50:41 AM »
Got the platinum. I guess now we wait for Mass Effect 3
fat

Let's Cyber

« Reply #257 on: June 04, 2022, 08:23:29 PM »
NG+ and Ultra Hard are now in.  :punch
And they finally actually fixed the shimmering in performance mode. It's cut down dramatically and looks much cleaner now.

I've been bouncing off games like crazy since I finished up Elden Ring so I coasted through the first couple of main missions in this after the patch dropped. The new weapons in NG+ are the best in the game, they outclass my maxed out purple weapons. Game goes by very quick when you're just doing main missions, I made it to Aether in just a few hours.

Bebpo

« Reply #258 on: June 04, 2022, 08:30:22 PM »
NG+ and Ultra Hard are now in.  :punch
And they finally actually fixed the shimmering in performance mode. It's cut down dramatically and looks much cleaner now.

I've been bouncing off games like crazy since I finished up Elden Ring so I coasted through the first couple of main missions in this after the patch dropped. The new weapons in NG+ are the best in the game, they outclass my maxed out purple weapons. Game goes by very quick when you're just doing main missions, I made it to Aether in just a few hours.

What are the new weapons like? Just stronger versions or actually do something new?

I might give this another shot on NG+ when the 40fps mode hits.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #259 on: June 04, 2022, 09:03:11 PM »
The new Sharpshot bow has uber advanced arrows with higher damage than normal advanced. My maxed out glowblast w/mods is doing 156 impact damage. New sharpshot bow starts at 224 and is 306 when maxed out, without mods. And being legendary weapons, they have 5 mod slots vs 3. It also low percentage chances for instance shock on hit and a 1% of an explosion on contact.

The new hunter bow has advanced purge water arrows so it pairs nicely with the Sun Scourge bow for elemental coverage. Also has extra tear damage as a perk.

Most of the rest look like mostly small damage bumps vs the old legendaries and different perks. The new spiker thrower has a 6% chance to instantly start corroding an enemy, new warrior bow as chance to instantly burn, etc.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #260 on: June 08, 2022, 07:40:33 AM »
Once you're in Ultra Hard you can't switch to easier difficulties, so if you're low on Apex hearts or Slaughterspine parts, might want to do that before triggering you're new game plus. Some of the new gear and legendary coils are locked behind the Arena tokens so fuuuuuuck that. Can't imagine grinding out Arena challenges for a different loadout for a sharpshot or hunter bow.

I fought an Apex Rollerback and it was a legit fight this time. I usually just steamrolled them on Very Hard and didn't get to see all their movesets. It' was neat when I had all of it's armor pieces knocked off only for it to magnetically summon them all back. Feel like UH is the way to play. Very Hard didn't hit the right balance for me. It's probably pretty brutal on NG without the skill tree filled out, however.