Author Topic: The Culture War Thread  (Read 143721 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Himu

Re: The Culture War Thread
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2022, 03:30:08 PM »
Adam and Jimmy made The Man Show and they seem like polar fucking opposites now. Are they still friends?

Apparently so!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 03:40:56 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2022, 03:56:49 PM »
Adam and Jimmy made The Man Show and they seem like polar fucking opposites now. Are they still friends?

Apparently so!

Just because they have different political views doesn't mean they can't be friends.  Maybe that's more of a problem with the younger crowd?  I don't know.
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2022, 05:32:39 PM »
patrice and anthony would go back and forth all the time. it was good radio

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2022, 05:58:15 PM »
never listed to joe rogan, but the chimp strength memes are always funny, meanwhile people who constantly gripe about rogan are extremely annoying

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2022, 08:15:43 PM »

Apparently so!

Just because they have different political views doesn't mean they can't be friends.  Maybe that's more of a problem with the younger crowd?  I don't know.
One of my friends is a commie bastard and occasionally posts shit I disagree with on Facebook. Doesn't stop us being friends, playing soccer together and having a laugh.

Maybe it's because our political beliefs are only small parts of who we are instead of being our whole personalities like some of the younger generations...I dunno.
Spud

Tasty

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2022, 08:35:20 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2022, 07:08:44 PM »
The corpos fire back. 

🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2022, 11:57:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/JerryDunleavy/status/1487150010668101639
Can't be having that institutional persecution of white people in South Africa and Zimbabwe classed as racism now!!

:jawalrus
Spud

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2022, 07:18:18 AM »
Why would the ADL of all places to exclude jews as targets of racism in their definition of racism. ???
I'm guessing somebody just screwed up.

The same phrasing repeats lower down on the page, when they explain white supremacy specifically:

Racism: The marginalization and/or oppression of people of color based on a socially constructed racial hierarchy that privileges white people.

Also related are the definitions of Race and Systemic Racism.

Race: Refers to the categories into which society places individuals on the basis of physical characteristics (such as skin color, hair type, facial form and eye shape). Though many believe that race is determined by biology, it is now widely accepted that this classification system was in fact created for social and political reasons. There are actually more genetic and biological differences within the racial groups defined by society than between different groups.

Systemic Racism: A combination of systems, institutions and factors that advantage white people and for people of color, cause widespread harm and disadvantages in access and opportunity. One person or even one group of people did not create systemic racism, rather it: (1) is grounded in the history of our laws and institutions which were created on a foundation of white supremacy;* (2) exists in the institutions and policies that advantage white people and disadvantage people of color; and (3) takes places in interpersonal communication and behavior (e.g., slurs, bullying, offensive language) that maintains and supports systemic inequities and systemic racism.

* In the above definition, the term “white supremacy” refers to the systematic marginalization or oppression of people of color based on a socially constructed racial hierarchy that privileges people who identify as white. It does not refer to extremist ideologies which believe that white people are genetically or culturally superior to non-whites and/or that white people should live in a whites-only society.

--Last updated July 2020

Earliest snapshot of the page from 2020 (earlier versions appear to be identical, only looked at the very first archived though):
https://web.archive.org/web/20200520233336/https://www.adl.org/racism

Very different. It's a whole essay on the topic, for one.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 07:24:46 AM by Rufus »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2022, 04:07:57 PM »
https://twitter.com/billboard/status/1487255875274297353

Spotify is the Stalingrad of the culture war - Nintex
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2022, 08:50:37 PM »
Let's hope they bury just as many bodies under the dirt from both sides and then this war can be over.
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2022, 09:29:46 AM »

Apparently so!

One of my friends is a commie bastard and occasionally posts shit I disagree with on Facebook. Doesn't stop us being friends, playing soccer together and having a laugh.

Maybe it's because our political beliefs are only small parts of who we are instead of being our whole personalities like some of the younger generations...I dunno.

it's always other people, external forces telling you that you can't be friends with your friends

"the paradox of tolerance tells us that we cannot be tolerant of the intolerant, therefore don't tolerate your friends which we have defined as intolerant"
:meeble

"words are violence; even though we defeated the religious right by advocacy of questioning everything, you now cannot question us or you will lose your friends, your job, and future prospects"
 :notlikethis
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2022, 12:08:08 PM »
so Santa Inc sucked

but they won't let anyone see how many people thought it sucked, unlike when you check any other random movie or show

wikipedia thinks it's important you understand that the show was only disliked by antisemites and white supremacists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Inc.

Controversy

According to The Daily Dot, the trailer for the series received backlash in the comments section and over 200,000 dislikes on YouTube, with various antisemitic and Holocaust denial jokes.[10] However, HBO Max defended the trailer and disabled the comments due to its controversies. Rogen claimed that the series was being review bombed by tens of thousands of white supremacists.[11]

on the talk page, they have very good reasons for this, y'see, the only reputable sources for news said that chuds hated it, so their hands are tied as far as ascribing any particular narrative

:idont

they also protected this very important informational page to make sure all info on it remains sacred and set in stone for all to see
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2022, 01:37:45 PM »
How did The Daily Dot become a "reliable source" on Wikipedia considering I'm pretty sure they'll publish literally anything and their "contributors" are literally bloggers ala HuffPo?

edit:
Just wondering, why is this site considered a reliable source to be cited on Wikipedia when it seems to be a blog at best? Killhamster (talk) 20:56, 23 March 2012 (UTC)

Hi! There have been some Reliable source noticeboard posts related to The Daily Dot:
Wikipedia:Reliable_sources/Noticeboard/Archive_102#The_Daily_Dot
Wikipedia:Reliable_sources/Noticeboard/Archive_105#Daily_Dot_revisited
I'm not really sure if there has been a firm decision made on it.
WhisperToMe (talk) 21:47, 2 April 2012 (UTC)

This is a notable RS
@Jone Rohne Nester:, I think this tag was a mistake, this is a notable RS. Valoem talk contrib 02:46, 13 March 2017 (UTC)

@Valoem: Hi, no it wasn't a mistake. I can't find any reasons why spammy websites like The Daily Dot should be on Wikipedia. Secondly, there are no reliable sources. This article will be tagged with afd , so we can discuss it further. Thanks Jone Rohne Nester (talk) 09:43, 13 March 2017 (UTC)

I have to agree, there isn't really any notoriety for this, and similar, online only "news sources" The content is 75% opinion based and bias, even by 2019 msm norms. PeaceKeeper1234 01:20, 1 March 2019 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Peacekeeper 1234 (talk • contribs)

benjipwns

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2022, 07:02:47 PM »
rorgans audience are adults, if they take medical advice from him then it's their own fault, it's not like he's hyping up ivermectin and saying the vax is for fegs on nickelodeon :maduro
(ice)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2022, 07:30:30 PM »
rorgans audience are adults, if they take medical advice from him then it's their own fault, it's not like he's hyping up ivermectin and saying the vax is for fegs on nickelodeon :maduro
:confused

You mean, adults should be expected to take responsibility for their own actions? How silly of you!!!!
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2022, 08:59:24 PM »

benjipwns

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2022, 09:21:16 PM »
new white supremacist symbol just dropped
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2022, 11:18:28 PM »

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2022, 02:56:07 PM »

:hmm

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2022, 03:17:12 PM »
and formulating a concept that you believe is worth conveying to someone else is what leads to chatting  :omg
Uncle

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2022, 04:15:09 PM »
Just listening to The Joe Rogan Experience once led me to having an orgy with unvaccinated aliens and gorillas :stahp
(ice)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2022, 04:18:41 PM »
Just listening to The Joe Rogan Experience once led me to having an orgy with unvaccinated aliens and gorillas :stahp
Sounds like a good time. Maybe I ought to start listening
Spud

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2022, 04:23:34 PM »
an ever evolving and not easily defined meaning of racism means you always have the ace in any argument with an educated white :rollsafe

unless you're an educated white too and get it reversed on you :anhuld

(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2022, 04:24:43 PM »
Sounds like a good time. Maybe I ought to start listening

I wouldn't recommend it, I got anal omicron :ryker
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2022, 04:59:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/JerryDunleavy/status/1488959573021110275
https://twitter.com/SethAMandel/status/1488953340532862976
https://twitter.com/SethAMandel/status/1488963036702515200

wait wait wait

wait...

this is because of fuckin whoopi isn't it

:neogaf

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/592276-the-view-invites-adl-chief-on-after-whoopi-goldbergs-holocaust-comments

ABC's "The View" hosted the head of the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) to speak about antisemitism and the history of the Holocaust a day after its leading host, Whoopi Goldberg, sparked backlash with comments suggesting the genocide was "not about race."

The head of the ADL told Goldberg platforms like hers are "so important" to efforts fighting the targeting of Jewish people around the world.

"Using it to educate people that antisemitism remains a clear and present danger," he said. "I mean, it's a real issue, and we've got to confront it and the racism at the core."

under their recent definition, the nazis couldn't have been racist because the jews were not people of color

:ohhh :snoop :dead
Uncle

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2022, 05:19:44 PM »
The liberals have won this round of the war

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1488992284796465152
:O

Himu

« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2022, 06:47:15 PM »
Good God liberals and shit that doesn't matter. All this over fucking Joe Rogan who has been on Spotify for months.

The entire protest is distinguished mentally-challenged. Burzum is on apple music (my stream service) and I'm not protesting. Fuck. Don't listen to it. Joe Rogan is so popular he will go to another service you use. Liberals and their endless virtue signaling.
IYKYK

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2022, 07:39:10 PM »
i still use a P2P music program from 20 years ago that has FLACs of even the most weird niche shite i like days after release and i'm afraid that if i ever whisper its name it'll go forever.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2022, 08:21:07 PM »
Does it begin with an S and have a blue bird icon?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2022, 09:19:19 PM »
https://reclaimthenet.org/youtube-capping-viewer-limits/

youtube is now blocking people from watching streams if the user's channel is "too small" and the viewer count is "too high"

so, for example, anyone streaming a protest to show the on-the-ground story is going to have a much smaller reach

small streamers can no longer go viral

also recall that they removed the dislike button to "protect smaller channels" because they care so much  :doge
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2022, 12:42:10 AM »
youtube starting to test the water on nft video, nice
https://reclaimthenet.org/youtube-capping-viewer-limits/

(Image removed from quote.)

youtube is now blocking people from watching streams if the user's channel is "too small" and the viewer count is "too high"

so, for example, anyone streaming a protest to show the on-the-ground story is going to have a much smaller reach

small streamers can no longer go viral

also recall that they removed the dislike button to "protect smaller channels" because they care so much  :doge

This is why google went 20:1 , they know nft

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2022, 05:44:49 AM »
Does it begin with an S and have a blue bird icon?

delete this.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2022, 10:42:17 AM »
Good God liberals and shit that doesn't matter. All this over fucking Joe Rogan who has been on Spotify for months.

The entire protest is distinguished mentally-challenged. Burzum is on apple music (my stream service) and I'm not protesting. Fuck. Don't listen to it. Joe Rogan is so popular he will go to another service you use. Liberals and their endless virtue signaling.

Virtue signal this bitch

(-48.31%)
past year
:O

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2022, 04:49:21 PM »
Books on race and sexuality are disappearing from Texas schools in record numbers:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-books-race-sexuality-schools-rcna13886?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Honestly, this is the censorship that should get people upset, not that someone gets banned from a privately owned service for distributing harmful views.
^_^

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2022, 06:36:09 PM »
It doesn't count when freedom loving red blooded Americans do it.

benjipwns

« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2022, 11:30:50 AM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2022, 07:36:58 AM »
70 eps of JRE pulled from spotify.
When they couldn't catch Rogan on COVID they pulled the racism card and made an n-word montage. It was mostly just him quoting that word when other people used it.

https://twitter.com/donwinslow/status/1489741351935627266

Now they're trying to drive a wedge between The Rock and Rogan.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2022, 09:23:42 AM »
lol they do realise that if spotify bins Rogan, wherever he goes next will probably be the Youtube alternative that ends up being viable right?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:info will welcome a fellow patriot to banned.video with open arms
[close]

also Dwayne Johnson is a born and bred carny, like this will work on him, he'll just ignore it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 09:32:33 AM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

Himu

« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2022, 09:32:32 AM »
70 eps of JRE pulled from spotify.
When they couldn't catch Rogan on COVID they pulled the racism card and made an n-word montage. It was mostly just him quoting that word when other people used it.

https://twitter.com/donwinslow/status/1489741351935627266

Now they're trying to drive a wedge between The Rock and Rogan.

Liberalism is a cancer and needs to die.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2022, 09:33:20 AM »
lol they do realise that if spotify bins Rogan, wherever he goes next will probably be the Youtube alternative that ends up being viable right?

[close]

also Dwayne Johnson is a born and bred carny, like this will work on him, he'll just ignore it.

Let's do it. Let's make a youtube alternative and put Joe on it.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2022, 09:37:42 AM »

[close]

It all depends on if his buddies will stick with him or if they managed to make him 'toxic' enough that no one wants to come on the show.

When The Rock, Bill Burr, Dana White, Tim Dillon, Dana White and others continue to defend him there's not much the blue checks can do.
Once they manage to drive a wedge between Rogan, his frequent guests and friends then he's either not going to or won't be able to continue the JRE Podcast.

His podcast depends on his guests and audience. He can lose part of his audience but he can't lose his guests and doesn't want to lose his friends.

All these people are showing their true colors though, it was never about COVID.
They just want to cancel Rogan for wrongthink and being a threat to the big media corporations.

What will The Rock do when he has to decide between keeping his Disney contract and breaking ties with Rogan or sticking with Joe but losing his movie roles.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2022, 09:39:24 AM »
I think Greenwald is/was trying to set one up, its not just Joe who would go though, the "Roganverse" and hangers on (a lot have big youtube followings) would more than likely jump too.
(ice)

Himu

« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2022, 09:42:55 AM »

All these people are showing their true colors though, it was never about COVID.
They just want to cancel Rogan for wrongthink and being a threat to the big media corporations.

Precisely.
IYKYK

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2022, 09:44:42 AM »
I'm not dickriding Rogan btw, just pointing out that trying to get him cancelled is probably a futile task :trumps
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2022, 09:45:16 AM »
I think Greenwald is/was trying to set one up, its not just Joe who would go though, the "Roganverse" and hangers on (a lot have big youtube followings) would more than likely jump too.
Joe doesn't like to be seen as being part of either side and I would highly doubt he would join a channel that heavily leans to either side.
The more likely outcome would be, that he would just self-publish on YouTube and other channels again and maybe invest in his own website in case he got cancelled.

However, I doubt he will turn JRE into a platform for others to join and I think he would just stop with the JRE it if his friends drop him or Spotify drops him for being a racist.

Some of his friends are pretty clear on where they stand on this though
https://twitter.com/TimJDillon/status/1489749520527368193

This is the video of Joe adressing it for those who haven't seen it
https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1489953221997178880
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 10:02:49 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Himu

« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2022, 10:27:49 AM »
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2022, 10:35:13 AM »
I've forgotten which movie that was  :thinking
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2022, 10:45:18 AM »

Himu

« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2022, 10:48:33 AM »
Every single celeb and their mother is getting cancelled and having to apologize these days. If that's a system, then I don't know what to tell you but it's untenable. How long do you reckon it'll work till the rest of society no longer gives a shit?
IYKYK

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2022, 10:52:01 AM »
eh digging up dirt to bring down celebs has been the bread and butter of the British press for God knows how long, so it can go on forever :trumps
(ice)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2022, 02:12:05 PM »
show business is still very much being in the belly of the beast and this is part of it.