Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1083047 times)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Please scream inside your heart
« Reply #11760 on: August 29, 2020, 05:27:40 AM »
My sympathy is tempered by the fact that they were both infected and went on to infect family members and one of the girls refused to co-coperate with police and tell them who she'd be in contact with and where she'd been.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11761 on: August 29, 2020, 06:05:27 AM »
Big protests in Berlin against the rona measures. They call it Berlin 2089, in reference to bringing down the wall in 1989
https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/1299628368904835073

🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11762 on: August 29, 2020, 06:34:40 AM »
I always thought this kind of thing was a distinctly American form of stupidity.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11763 on: August 29, 2020, 06:54:45 AM »
I always thought this kind of thing was a distinctly American form of stupidity.
Through the wonders of the internet it has been exported to Europe  :killme
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #11764 on: August 29, 2020, 07:50:15 AM »
My cousin is being deported from Australia.  Feels bad cause she was doing really well there.
My buddy is being deported from Russia. He's also been thriving there and is really sad to be coming back the the US. He's not sure how long until he can go back.

If I'm not being too nosy, what are the reasons behind these deportations? You can keep it general if you'd like.

Work requirement I think, I don't know the details fully.  The restaurant she was working at closed due to covid.  It's kind of strange because she is still a student (to become a chef) there, which I guess she still gets to finish because its online now.   

Pennywise

« Reply #11765 on: August 29, 2020, 08:00:24 AM »
Right wing nuts, conspiracy folks, esoteric people aren't exclusive to Murica.

Police shut down the demo since the idiots didn't practice social distancing nor put on masks.

The local government in Berlin actually forbid the demo first, but a court reversed that decision.
Was quite hilarious how some of the nuts argued that that the democratic state doesn't exist, while exactly the democratic state helped them to get the demo back on.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #11766 on: August 29, 2020, 10:08:42 AM »
Was quite hilarious how some of the nuts argued that that the democratic state doesn't exist, while exactly the democratic state helped them to get the demo back on.
These fuckers have internalized cognitive dissonance to such a degree, they see everything but reality.  :rage

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #11767 on: August 29, 2020, 10:49:09 AM »
The grocery store was packed and now instead of someone counting people going in, there is a sign about keeping order ourselves.  SMH

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11768 on: August 29, 2020, 11:15:24 AM »
Right wing nuts, conspiracy folks, esoteric people aren't exclusive to Murica.

Police shut down the demo since the idiots didn't practice social distancing nor put on masks.

The local government in Berlin actually forbid the demo first, but a court reversed that decision.

The guy on the tv started his new report with "We have an intense situation coming out here on the streets of Berlin..."

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11769 on: August 29, 2020, 11:35:38 AM »
Where I am everyone's still masking up indoors. Much less so outside but that seems reasonable based on what we know.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11770 on: August 29, 2020, 12:07:53 PM »
We now have a tracing app and you can request tests yourselves. The process isn't perfect yet but it should lower the bar for testing after the first run on tests has ended.
The two cities that wanted to mandate masks (Amsterdam/Rotterdam) have decided not to, so the country remains mostly mask-less for the time being. (masks are only mandatory in public transport)

Social distancing is a mixed bag so we're still muddling along.
The numbers remain stable:
~500 new cases a day.
~40 in the ICU and 100 COVID-19 patients hospitalized in total for weeks now.

We're slowly moving back to the lowest numbers we had at the end of July.
🤴

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #11771 on: August 29, 2020, 12:27:21 PM »
The Sam's Club I visited earlier in the week had one of the workers with the mask pulled down from his nose. Then the Food 4 Less had a number of people with their masks down as well.

While I was in the check out line, there was somebody loudly coughing behind me, but at least their mask was on.

----

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11772 on: August 29, 2020, 12:37:35 PM »
My sympathy is tempered by the fact that they were both infected and went on to infect family members and one of the girls refused to co-coperate with police and tell them who she'd be in contact with and where she'd been.
agree, they should have infected the whites  :nothot

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #11773 on: August 29, 2020, 01:13:02 PM »
Ontario cases are going up again.  BC and Alberta are also not doing great. 

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #11775 on: August 29, 2020, 01:32:52 PM »
I’m there standing In person up to tyranny :smug
(ice)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #11776 on: August 29, 2020, 01:39:03 PM »
I'm starting to feel like we could solve a lot of problems if we just culled the right people.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11777 on: August 29, 2020, 01:42:30 PM »
cull the whites  :maduro

Cryo

« Reply #11778 on: August 29, 2020, 01:59:29 PM »
That thing about potentially leading to lasting heart problems is pretty awful. At least the people I interact with on a day to day basis have been ok, but I wonder if I’ll be able to hug my parents again in 2020 rather than sitting far away on the porch when I visit  :(

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #11779 on: August 29, 2020, 03:11:46 PM »

Work requirement I think, I don't know the details fully.  The restaurant she was working at closed due to covid.  It's kind of strange because she is still a student (to become a chef) there, which I guess she still gets to finish because its online now.

Ah. Bummer. That sucks, but I guess work visas are usually pretty strict in all countries from what I can tell.

Oblivion

« Reply #11780 on: August 29, 2020, 03:19:47 PM »
it's a little weird here. people are still wearing masks and distancing at the food 4 less i  go to, but the shelves started becoming empty again. i haven't seen that happen for a few months now. what's up with that?  :doge

edit: actually i did see a bunch of idiot teenagers in burbank, huddled together and walking around without masks... :yeshrug

Bebpo

« Reply #11781 on: August 29, 2020, 03:20:02 PM »
My HoA just sent waivers.

They want to open the community pool by next weekend for Labor Day but they need all the residents to sign waivers that they won't sue if they get covid from it  :doge

I've never used the pool and don't plan on using the pool, the only slight concern is people bringing friends and family over and more chance for covid to spread in the general area of the complex, but it's outdoors and I don't get anywhere within 10 feet or interact with any of my neighbors outside using the trash dumpsters & community mailboxes and I wash my hands after that, so it probably doesn't effect me either way.

Still pretty stupid, but outdoor spread doesn't seem to bad in Covid in general and this is a small 30 unit complex and a tiny pool so probably not a huge risk.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #11782 on: August 29, 2020, 03:24:23 PM »
I went into the Dollarama at Parliament and Gerrard. Line up to the tills was about 20 alone and multiple people were either outright not wearing masks or did not have their nose covered including a cashier.

Think I'm done going back to places.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11783 on: August 29, 2020, 03:49:09 PM »
I can kind of understand if it's a person who wears glasses and they wear the mask wrong trying to avoid fogging up their lenses, but out of all the masktards I've only seen one that had prescription lenses on  :tophat

Tripon

« Reply #11784 on: August 29, 2020, 03:54:57 PM »
I can kind of understand if it's a person who wears glasses and they wear the mask wrong trying to avoid fogging up their lenses, but out of all the masktards I've only seen one that had prescription lenses on  :tophat

Yeah, that part is annoying, but I find that if I regulate my breathing, it's not too bad. I wore a regular maks for about 6 hours at work with little issue, took it off to drink water, then found one of the strings were too tight on my right ear. I was driving at the time and wanted to do some errands, but decided to just take the mask off, and drive home because I didn't want to mess with a mask anymore.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11785 on: August 29, 2020, 06:46:29 PM »
That's how you identify the normies
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #11786 on: August 29, 2020, 07:19:51 PM »
The amount of people I see where the mask is down around or under their chin...why the fuck are they even bothering?

I just assume they keep them on in case someone calls them on it when they're going somewhere and they lift it up for a few seconds to get in and do whatever and then pull it back down again.

A lot of these people don't believe it does anything but they also are the follow the rules types so they'll fake it when they have to in order to not get called out.

Bebpo

« Reply #11787 on: August 29, 2020, 07:28:52 PM »
You assume wrong, they walk around like that and talk to people and never bring it up no matter how close they are to others

But I mean if they go inside a business that requires masks, I assume they pull them up?

Or if someone calls them on it, they probably do too?

Bebpo

« Reply #11788 on: August 29, 2020, 07:39:37 PM »
Ok, I stand corrected.

They are weirdos

Tripon

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #11790 on: August 29, 2020, 10:37:05 PM »
I'm starting to feel like we could solve a lot of problems if we just culled the right people.

Ah yes, a second amendment connoisseur
:O

Oblivion

« Reply #11791 on: August 30, 2020, 12:15:31 AM »
for the first time since march, i actually stepped out and got some actual fresh air. went to this nice, quaint little park a little way's from my place, which was surprisingly empty for the most part. it felt legitimately great to be out in a clean, open environment in six months. :rejoice
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 12:25:24 AM by Oblivion »

Tripon

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #11793 on: August 30, 2020, 03:00:22 AM »

Yeah, that part is annoying, but I find that if I regulate my breathing, it's not too bad. I wore a regular maks for about 6 hours at work with little issue, took it off to drink water, then found one of the strings were too tight on my right ear. I was driving at the time and wanted to do some errands, but decided to just take the mask off, and drive home because I didn't want to mess with a mask anymore.

Use the tissue method and it should reduce/eliminate the fogging up  :science
Margs

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #11795 on: August 30, 2020, 10:01:15 AM »
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2020/08/28/canadian-court-stops-reckless-father-from-taking-children-to-us-while-covid-19-spreads.html

USA a danger to children court finds

In a case that raises questions about what constitutes responsible parenting during a global pandemic, a B.C. court has chided a father for repeatedly taking his children to the U.S. — the current COVID-19 epicentre.

The case pits a concerned mother against a man described in court documents as a “reckless” father who took their children with him on “non-essential” trips to the United States in the past few months, as coronavirus cases rose.

Tripon

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #11797 on: August 30, 2020, 11:26:35 AM »
my semen was bound to produce weak and inferior children anyway
püp

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #11798 on: August 30, 2020, 11:34:50 AM »
That would be cool if a virus could make you sterile. Really bring back some  gameplay into the survival of the fittest.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #11799 on: August 30, 2020, 12:02:15 PM »
Finally male birth control.

It would actually be cool if they develop MBC from covid.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #11800 on: August 30, 2020, 12:53:41 PM »
Finally male birth control.

It would actually be cool if they develop MBC from covid.
"I'm not on the pill!"
"Don't worry, i'm on Corona."

james

« Reply #11801 on: August 30, 2020, 01:13:44 PM »
That would be cool if a virus could make you sterile. Really bring back some  gameplay into the survival of the fittest.

Maybe God does have a plan after all

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11802 on: August 30, 2020, 01:29:39 PM »
sterilize the whites  :rejoice

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #11804 on: August 30, 2020, 03:13:17 PM »
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article245241965.html

The Florida Department of Health accidentally released a report on COVID-19 outbreaks at schools across the state — from daycare centers to colleges — and found that nearly 900 students and staffers had tested positive during a two-week period in August as schools had just begun or readied to reopen.

But because someone tested positive, it doesn’t mean the school was the source of infection: “It just means that the sick person was in one of those institutions; it doesn’t mean that they acquired it there.”

:doge

james

« Reply #11805 on: August 30, 2020, 03:57:49 PM »
Guys remember when the genius scientists at IHME said Corona would be finished by August 1?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #11806 on: August 30, 2020, 04:00:10 PM »
No

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #11807 on: August 30, 2020, 04:09:38 PM »
Guys remember when the genius scientists at IHME said Corona would be finished by August 1?
"Would be finished... killing us off" They were overly pessimistic though.

james

« Reply #11808 on: August 30, 2020, 04:18:54 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11809 on: August 30, 2020, 04:54:26 PM »
remember when the WHO said human to human transmission was not possible and a dozen Chinese just caught it at the same wet market  :killme

🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #11810 on: August 30, 2020, 04:59:31 PM »
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11812 on: August 30, 2020, 06:01:26 PM »
 :cac

james

« Reply #11813 on: August 30, 2020, 06:07:15 PM »
Election is November 3rd.

About 1 week before it, theyre going to announce the vaccine is done, cures COVID (and maybe cancer) and will be released to the public for free.

The NYT will devote the entire front page to the new wonder drug

On November 4th, they will apologize for saying the vaccine is done (it's not) cures covid (it only boosts the immune system) and will be free (only $199 a shot).

The NYT will mention this on page 17

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11814 on: August 30, 2020, 06:21:34 PM »
If the vaccine is safe and works it wouldn't be bad to make it available for medical professionals or high-risk groups earlier. Which is already the case for all sorts experimental treatments on a voluntary basis.
Not a good idea to make it available for everybody unless it has been properly vetted though
🤴

james

« Reply #11815 on: August 30, 2020, 06:22:37 PM »
If you dont sign up for the Trump vaccine on day 1 you're an anti-science nutjob
-Resetera.com

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11816 on: August 30, 2020, 06:25:02 PM »
don't want anything good to happen that trump could take credit for and win the election  :karen let us suffer and die  :klob :biden

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11817 on: August 30, 2020, 06:32:02 PM »
If the vaccine is safe and works

is there a process to determine this?

Tripon

« Reply #11818 on: August 30, 2020, 06:42:59 PM »
Kaiser trying to get volunteers for Pfizer's COVID vaccine candidate for the Phase III trial. You have to commit for two years and it makes you ineligible for getting a different one, it's also 2 years. I'm going to personally pass since I don't want to chance getting a placebo, find something that works earlier, and not being able to sign up for that.

https://www.covidvaccinestudy.com/

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11819 on: August 30, 2020, 06:43:45 PM »
If the vaccine is safe and works

is there a process to determine this?
30k is what they want for phase 3 I think.
But say a similar vaccine has been used by another country and you are at 20k tests and no problems have shown up.
Maybe you could make it available sooner to certain high-risk groups for which the alternative to not having a vaccine is near certain death before the phase 3 trials are complete.

They are exploring similar options in Europe.
🤴