Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1847772 times)

PogiJones

Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #39300 on: February 02, 2023, 01:10:37 AM »
Misogynoir is my favorite detective film genre

Is that where the detectives keep calling all the lasses and dames sweetheart?

EDIT: Top of page misogynoir
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 01:16:16 AM by PogiJones »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #39301 on: February 02, 2023, 01:22:01 AM »
2 why is she spending time on this shit instead of the hundreds of other things from the economy to healthcare to education where Arkansas ranks near last
Because Republicans lap up this culture war shit like its cocaine.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/arkansas-gov-sarah-huckabee-sanders-bans-latinx-from-government-documents-to-respect-the-latino-community.675259/post-99643252
Quote from: b-chups
With all the debate around this term, something has been lost: how LGBTQ+ individuals in these nations and of these descents feel about it. This isn't a discussion for cis people, it's not a discussion for white people or anyone who isn't a part of the community that is having this discussion. By stepping into this, we trample the feelings and opinions of those who are most affected.

What Governor Huckabee-Sanders has done is exactly that. She has inserted herself into the discussion, seeking to use it as a political football, using it as a wedge issue to gain more power for herself, instead of elevating the voices of those who are most affected.

A lot of people in this thread are also trampling over the feelings and opinions of those affected, of those who should be having this conversation. We insert ourselves here, to argue and yell over the voices of LGBTQ+ individuals of Hispanic and Latin descent. This is not what we should be doing.

Let us leave you with one question to answer: When was the last time you spoke to someone who was directly affected by all of this and asked them what they thought? How closely did you listen to what they told you?

I have a feeling if we listened more, and spoke less, these threads might go a little better.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/arkansas-gov-sarah-huckabee-sanders-bans-latinx-from-government-documents-to-respect-the-latino-community.675259/page-3
UPDATE: https://apnews.com/article/politics-connecticut-state-government-waterbury-arkansas-77817868efdbd4ee7651575acc665c6f
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — A group of Hispanic lawmakers in Connecticut has proposed that the state follow Arkansas’ lead and ban the term “Latinx” from official government documents, calling it offensive to Spanish speakers.

The word is used as a gender-neutral alternative to “Latino” and “Latina” and is helpful in supporting people who do not identify as either male or female, according to the word’s backers.

But state Rep. Geraldo Reyes Jr. of Waterbury, the bill’s chief sponsor and one of five Hispanic Democrats who put their names on the legislation, said Latinx is not a Spanish word but is rather a “woke” term that is offensive to Connecticut’s large Puerto Rican population.

“I’m of Puerto Rican descent and I find it offensive,” he said.

Last month, Arkansas banned government officials from using Latinx on formal documents as part of several orders issued by Republican Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders within hours of her taking office.

Reyes said his motivations might be different from Sanders’, but he believes her decision was the right one.

The League of United Latin American Citizens, the oldest Latino civil rights group in the U.S., announced in 2021 that it would no longer use the term Latinx.

“The Spanish language, which is centuries old, defaults to Latino for everybody,” Reyes said. “It’s all-inclusive. They didn’t need to create a word, it already exists.”

But Maia Gil’Adi, an assistant professor of “Latinx and Multiethnic Literature” at Boston University, said the word actually dates back to Latino and Latina youth and queer culture in the 1990s, with the “x” being a nod to many people’s indigenous roots.

“The word Latino is incredibly exclusionary, both for women and for non-gender conforming people,” she said. “And the term Latinx is really useful because of the way it challenges those conceptions.”

David Pharies, a Spanish language professor at the University of Florida, said another movement would replace the “o” and “a” in many Spanish nouns referring to people with an “e.” He said that is something that would be easier for Spanish-speakers to pronounce than the word Latinx.

“Latinx was clearly a solution that was proposed outside the Spanish-speaking world,” he said.

It’s not clear how often the term Latinx has been used in state documents. A search for the word on the state government’s portal returned 945 hits for documents including press releases, blogs, and reports using the word. Michelle Dumas Keuler, an attorney for the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities, told Hearst Connecticut Media that it uses the term in any a complaint it submits about housing, employment or other types of discrimination, when requested.

Reyes said he expects the bill to get a hearing before the Democratic-controlled Legislature’s Government Administration and Elections Committee during the current session.

Connecticut regularly ranks near the top of every socioeconomic metric among the states, has supermajorities of Democrats in both houses of its legislature and less than 40% of the voters voted for Trump in 2020.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 01:26:43 AM by benjipwns »

PogiJones

« Reply #39302 on: February 02, 2023, 02:06:28 AM »
But benji, B-dubs clearly stated that only those affected can talk about it (then promptly carved out 99% of the people affected, Spanish speakers being called a word they hate), so really, the only people whose opinions count are the dozens who support it. B-dubs: 1, Benji and millions of latino democrats: 0.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39303 on: February 02, 2023, 02:11:29 AM »
Why is it that only LGBT+ people of Latino descent get to debate this topic? At the very least, Latinas should be given a voice, but silencing women of colour is very "on-brand" for Reeeeesetera.

I still can't work out why they don't just use Latin or Latin American
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #39304 on: February 02, 2023, 02:34:15 AM »
Got an email from GameStop for this
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/hogwarts-legacy---playstation-5/340599.html
Free mount and poster for preordering this tainted transphobic game :shaking :trigger

benjipwns

« Reply #39305 on: February 02, 2023, 03:14:12 AM »
At the very least, Latinas should be given a voice, but silencing women of colour is very "on-brand" for Reeeeesetera.
FACT CHECK:
Quote from: B-Dubs
This isn't a discussion for cis people, it's not a discussion for white people or anyone who isn't a part of the community that is having this discussion.
Only trans latinas are part of the community having this discussion. :ufup

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't know if non-trans non-binary latinos or latinas are part of the community having this discussion so I do not know if a Hispanic astro is being excluded or not.
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #39306 on: February 02, 2023, 03:31:55 AM »
Kiwi Farms -> Gamergate -> Trump -> Joanne -> Hogwart's Legacy -> End of Democracy

https://twitter.com/alibreland/status/1620824786787254272
https://twitter.com/shane_burley1/status/1621015825737203713
https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1620848195457941504

edit: Oh, how did I miss this, and from one of my favorites too:
https://twitter.com/FangGong7/status/1620841925401276416
“One of the big things that hit me running for office is that when you Google my name, Kiwi Farms is one of the first things that shows up,” said Brianna Wu, a video game developer and former congressional candidate who was also a major target of Gamergate. “It’s hard when you have these people who create your reputation in a way that permanently damages it,” she added.
Wu has tried to get Google to delist her Kiwi Farms results. “I’ve had five or six meetings with them,” she told me last spring. “It’s not something that they’ve taken serious action on.”
“I think we need the federal government to step in,” Wu said. “A lot [of the harassment] I got was unquestionably a crime. It’s a crime to tell someone every single day in lurid graphic terms that you’re going to murder them.”
:dead :dead :dead :dead

edit edit:
Kiwi Farms victims have had no better luck getting law enforcement to take action. “I’ve talked to the FBI. They’ll all do diddly-squat,” Darling said. “Law enforcement’s view is that you could live a normal life if you were willing to live a normal life, a.k.a. go back into the closet.”

When someone mailed Darling feces, she remembered it was a bureaucratic hell to attempt to report it to authorities. “We informed the police. The police said, ‘Call the postmaster general.’ The postmaster general said, ‘Call the FBI.’ The FBI said, ‘Call the Postmaster General.’”

Fong-Jones had a similar experience. “I contacted NYPD. I showed them Kiwi Farms threads. I said, ‘I’m afraid someone is going to SWAT me,’ and they were like ‘Get off the internet.’”
:rofl
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 04:13:31 AM by benjipwns »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39307 on: February 02, 2023, 03:47:13 AM »
Shitposting kings  8) -> 2 trillion in defense spending
🤴

Coax

« Reply #39308 on: February 02, 2023, 05:23:57 AM »
It's interesting to compare to the investigative journalist Brian Krebs, who has had credible threats, a SWAT team show up pointing shotguns and semi-autos at him, drugs and "gift packages" from Russian cyber criminals at his doorstop, a dark web criminal marketplace named after him and frequent mockery among them...

It's surprising how well he's taken it all things considered but I suppose he understands he's what he's putting himself into given the subjects he investigates. Funny thing with the SWAT team incident is he'd even warned the local department such a fake report may be issued to send a SWAT team months prior but they apparently ignored it.

NekoFever

« Reply #39309 on: February 02, 2023, 05:49:01 AM »
It now sits at a 65 with 94 critics after reviews by The Jimquisition (50) and Noisy Pixel (45) were added.

Forspoken is insufferable.

Well-known chud James Stephanie Sterling with the heel turn.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #39310 on: February 02, 2023, 06:23:23 AM »
Drive-bys and anything that can be construed as being dismissive of the valid issues at hand will be hit as such, with standard two week bans going out and escalations happening to members with similar priors.

NOT COPS :riot
Margs

BIONIC

« Reply #39311 on: February 02, 2023, 06:24:31 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nick-offermans-last-video-game-was-banjo-kazooie-which-he-lost-a-couple-of-weeks-to-jimmy-kimmel-tlou-interview.682474/#post-100635718

Quote from: lvl 99 Pixel, post: 100635718, member: 3924
My dad used to tell me games were a waste, then proceed to smoke weed with his friends, gamble and put us in debt.

:goldberg
Margs

Daffy Duck

« Reply #39312 on: February 02, 2023, 07:12:53 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-38#post-100639186

Naturally; we're on one of the largest gaming forums and the game was always going to attract massive sales. It's the fact they can't resist telling people, and in some cases gushing about it (in a thread that's purposefully avoided mentioning it, on a forum that's banned discussion of it), that makes me laugh. Some nerds gotta feel like they're making a point I guess.

Quick, run to the bunker to bitch and moan

https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-38#post-100639630

Unrivalled about to get mass reported and permabanned for trolling, the favonius fox smells blood

Daffy Duck

« Reply #39313 on: February 02, 2023, 07:17:38 AM »
Ok, so WTF…I just googled what favonius means because I have no clue

The god of the west wind
Proper noun

Favonius. (Roman mythology) The god of the west wind. He is also the husband of Flora and the father of Karpos. He is the Roman counterpart of Zephyrus.

Have they been misgendering Queen Bee all this time with that tag?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #39314 on: February 02, 2023, 07:29:20 AM »
Kyuuji having a proper one today. Policing the sales thread. Accusing other members of being trolls.

Quote from: Unrivalled
I wasn't actually, I made up my mind over the last few days. And I am no longer posting in this thread so please stop quoting me.

Quote from: Kyuuji
Yeh going from being deeply conflicted to hyping up sales records sure seems legit.

:trumpcry

Come on Dubs, grow a pair.

Daffy Duck

« Reply #39315 on: February 02, 2023, 07:39:57 AM »
Kyuuji having a proper one today. Policing the sales thread. Accusing other members of being trolls.

I wasn't actually, I made up my mind over the last few days. And I am no longer posting in this thread so please stop quoting me.

Yeh going from being deeply conflicted to hyping up sales records sure seems legit.

Must be the time of the month

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #39316 on: February 02, 2023, 07:44:49 AM »
Holy shit cant even admit to buying the game anymore?

How are their lives so pathetic?
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #39317 on: February 02, 2023, 07:46:56 AM »
It now sits at a 65 with 94 critics after reviews by The Jimquisition (50) and Noisy Pixel (45) were added.

Forspoken is insufferable.

Well-known chud James Stephanie Sterling with the heel turn.

(Image removed from quote.)

Can we ban Stephanie from Reee? Seems like he has a hate boner for black women
What

NekoFever

« Reply #39318 on: February 02, 2023, 07:58:54 AM »
February pickup thread is now silently locked with no explanation. Mods finally got instructions through from Kyuuji.

Edit: Ah, they’ve opened a new one with a STAFF POST and the wrongthink excised.

Averon

« Reply #39319 on: February 02, 2023, 07:59:52 AM »
They actually locked the thread and warned everyone who mentioned they will get Hogwarts Legacy :lol
Kyuuji was all in that thread, too. Probably immediately went on Discord to bitch at the mods to do something.

Daffy Duck

« Reply #39320 on: February 02, 2023, 08:05:44 AM »
Lol called it.

Also unrivalled banned for a week

I reported a number of the more egregious "This game looks like it's gonna be the BEST" post. Because those ones are the most Dogwhistle-y to me, someone saying "It's on my list" or "my partner wants it" not as likely imho.

Bunch of warnings handed out it seems too, so hopefully going forward we see less of that sort of post.

NekoFever

« Reply #39321 on: February 02, 2023, 08:05:49 AM »
They’re now on their third attempt at a February pickup thread  :lol

Remember when the first one was locked on the grounds that they don’t allow list threads? Despite monthly pickup threads being a regular occurrence. Strange how that was the reason for locking it but now there’s been a totally unrelated decree they’re allowed again.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #39322 on: February 02, 2023, 08:05:56 AM »
Can we ban Stephanie from Reee? Seems like he has a hate boner for black women

He?

We see what you're doing and you ain't slick. Mods? MODS!!!!??

Snoopycat_

« Reply #39323 on: February 02, 2023, 08:06:19 AM »
People can't even say they're buying the game now.  :lol

Dubs, what are you doing man?

benita

« Reply #39324 on: February 02, 2023, 08:08:56 AM »

Apparently you're allowed to say you're buying the game, but not that you're looking forward to playing it.

We're through the looking glass now.

Daffy Duck

« Reply #39325 on: February 02, 2023, 08:15:27 AM »
I’m not sure saying ‘I’m buying it pre owned’ is quite the get out of jail free card for buying the game some people think it is. Like, you’re still endorsing rowlings transphobic views by playing it at all.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-39#post-100641229

NekoFever

« Reply #39326 on: February 02, 2023, 08:24:31 AM »

Apparently you're allowed to say you're buying the game, but not that you're looking forward to playing it.

We're through the looking glass now.

That’s the loophole for when Kyuuji checks it for transphobia.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #39327 on: February 02, 2023, 08:27:04 AM »
I like how they're going about this for months and I still don't know what Rowling did.

The "worst" thing I could find is that she doesn't consider trans women actual women.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39328 on: February 02, 2023, 08:36:23 AM »
I like how they're going about this for months and I still don't know what Rowling did.

The "worst" thing I could find is that she doesn't consider trans women actual women.

I think her own opinion (or at least prior to having her views calcified by harassment) would be that trans women can say whatever they like about themselves, as long as they acknowledge they don't have a lifetime of experience of the unique challenges that come from being a natal woman, and realize that they can't necessarily expect to be welcomed into every traditionally female space as an equal

seems like her biggest complaint is almost the opposite, that mass media no longer acknowledges natal women and says things like "womb-havers"

so it's not "more people are considered women than should be," it's "natal women are not even acknowledged as women anymore"
Uncle

BIONIC

« Reply #39329 on: February 02, 2023, 08:38:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-are-you-buying-this-month-february-2023-edition.682108/post-100602793
Quote from: Scarlett
Friend gifted me the Lightfall season pass edition and That Which Must Not Be Named, and I need to grab Forspoken.

Cannot decide if the euphemism is to try to show support or to avoid getting caught if someone is ctrl+f-ing Hogwarts in the thread.

Btw, I think that actually worked. I saw a couple who did this getting off scot free, but people who explicitly named Hogwarts got hit with a “Discussing Banned Game” warning :dead
Margs

NekoFever

« Reply #39330 on: February 02, 2023, 08:44:59 AM »

She hasn't even said that. She's explicitly said "trans rights are human rights" etc. She just thinks there are issues that affect biological women specifically (she mainly talks about protection from abuse and the provision of single-sex spaces due to her past but has also mentioned other things), and their opinions and experiences are often shouted down in the eagerness to erase the difference between sex and gender. And her refusal to shut up and get back in line makes certain very online people really mad.

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1269406094595588096

And she's kind of this comic in action due to all the shit flinging:

Averon

« Reply #39331 on: February 02, 2023, 08:47:07 AM »
>Can't talk about games if a small minority deem it Mein Kampf 2.0 (Hogwarts Legacy, Cyberpunk 2077)
>Can't lightly dunk on mediocre to bad games if it stars a minority character (Forspoken)

What a great "gaming" forum ResetERA is :rofl

Also, remember these are the same clowns with delusions of overthrowing capitalism all the while completely wrapping their self-worth in commercial products, whether good or bad (Hogwarts Legacy, comic books, MCU/DC movies, Star Wars, etc...).

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39332 on: February 02, 2023, 08:47:23 AM »
Urgent communication to ERA staff!

I have managed to infiltrate some of the chud discords that make it their pathetic lives to troll and antagonize ERA.

There is an ongoing movement right now which you need to be aware of.

Users there have collectively agreed to use the game called "Like A Dragon" as a euphemism for Hogwarts Legacy.  They intend to openly talk about their shared love of this transphobic TERF game by filtering all conversation through plausible deniability.

If you have any respect for your trans users, please, you must scrutinize any user who claims to be buying or playing "Like A Dragon."  While this policy might affect those who legitimately enjoy that game, we cannot take that chance.  (And really, what is being lost...is it worthwhile to glorify the Yakuza in the first place?)

Thank you for your consideration.
Uncle

NekoFever

« Reply #39333 on: February 02, 2023, 08:51:41 AM »
Urgent communication to ERA staff!

I have managed to infiltrate some of the chud discords that make it their pathetic lives to troll and antagonize ERA.

There is an ongoing movement right now which you need to be aware of.

Users there have collectively agreed to use the game called "Like A Dragon" as a euphemism for Hogwarts Legacy.  They intend to openly talk about their shared love of this transphobic TERF game by filtering all conversation through plausible deniability.

If you have any respect for your trans users, please, you must scrutinize any user who claims to be buying or playing "Like A Dragon."  While this policy might affect those who legitimately enjoy that game, we cannot take that chance.  (And really, what is being lost...is it worthwhile to glorify the Yakuza in the first place?)

Thank you for your consideration.

This is true. I saw a H*gwarts Legacy trailer with a dragon in it and everything.

SmokyDave

« Reply #39334 on: February 02, 2023, 08:53:18 AM »
I like that the warning is ‘Discussing Banned Game’ but they forgot to add ‘outside of the JK Rowling Official Thread, which has done nothing but discuss the game this whole time’.

It’s the honesty and integrity of these people that I admire.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #39335 on: February 02, 2023, 08:54:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-are-you-buying-this-month-february-2023-edition.682108/post-100602793
Quote from: Scarlett
Friend gifted me the Lightfall season pass edition and That Which Must Not Be Named, and I need to grab Forspoken.

Cannot decide if the euphemism is to try to show support or to avoid getting caught if someone is ctrl+f-ing Hogwarts in the thread.

Btw, I think that actually worked. I saw a couple who did this getting off scot free, but people who explicitly named Hogwarts got hit with a “Discussing Banned Game” warning :dead

Quote from: disturbedswan
None of the above.

I only plan to pick up one game this month
, I did want to pick up Ishin too but I think I'll have too much on my plate unfortunately.

I might pick up a couple of PSVR2 games as well nearer launch.

Proper tip-toeing among the land mines there. How soon before a statement like that gets aggressive interrogation? ‘What GAME?! HUH? Are you an ally for real?!”

Averon

« Reply #39336 on: February 02, 2023, 08:58:50 AM »
I mean, they say not to "platform TERF Bitch Joanne" and "signal boost" her all the while having a dedicated hate thread where the follow and report her every tweet and mention in the press. Funny enough, it's not all that different from threads on Kiwi Farms where they obsessively follow and report on someone.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 09:05:08 AM by Averon »

Propagandhim

« Reply #39337 on: February 02, 2023, 09:19:23 AM »
Kiwi Farms -> Gamergate -> Trump -> Joanne -> Hogwart's Legacy -> End of Democracy

https://twitter.com/alibreland/status/1620824786787254272
https://twitter.com/shane_burley1/status/1621015825737203713
https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1620848195457941504

edit: Oh, how did I miss this, and from one of my favorites too:
https://twitter.com/FangGong7/status/1620841925401276416
“One of the big things that hit me running for office is that when you Google my name, Kiwi Farms is one of the first things that shows up,” said Brianna Wu, a video game developer and former congressional candidate who was also a major target of Gamergate. “It’s hard when you have these people who create your reputation in a way that permanently damages it,” she added.
Wu has tried to get Google to delist her Kiwi Farms results. “I’ve had five or six meetings with them,” she told me last spring. “It’s not something that they’ve taken serious action on.”
“I think we need the federal government to step in,” Wu said. “A lot [of the harassment] I got was unquestionably a crime. It’s a crime to tell someone every single day in lurid graphic terms that you’re going to murder them.”
:dead :dead :dead :dead

edit edit:
Kiwi Farms victims have had no better luck getting law enforcement to take action. “I’ve talked to the FBI. They’ll all do diddly-squat,” Darling said. “Law enforcement’s view is that you could live a normal life if you were willing to live a normal life, a.k.a. go back into the closet.”

When someone mailed Darling feces, she remembered it was a bureaucratic hell to attempt to report it to authorities. “We informed the police. The police said, ‘Call the postmaster general.’ The postmaster general said, ‘Call the FBI.’ The FBI said, ‘Call the Postmaster General.’”

Fong-Jones had a similar experience. “I contacted NYPD. I showed them Kiwi Farms threads. I said, ‘I’m afraid someone is going to SWAT me,’ and they were like ‘Get off the internet.’”
:rofl

ACAB but I need 7 meetings with the NYPD and the feds for Google search results.

BIONIC

« Reply #39338 on: February 02, 2023, 09:24:44 AM »
The TERF BITCH thread will be closed for metacommentary any minute now, right? :society

Also:

Quote from: WildflowerWildfire, post: 100641736, member: 35136
Oh hey that unrivaled guy is a poster on gaf complaining about era’s HL policy

Banned for being an internet detective? :society

Quote from: heathen earth (Alleged Substance Abuse Coinselor), post: 100641850, member: 64689
I completely support black people but I need to buy the David Duke game because reasons.

Banned for inflammatory comparisons? :society

Quote from: WildflowerWildfire, post: 100618846, member: 35136
This whole article made me fucking gag. Lick her boot a bit more.

Banned for copy pasting an entire article without even linking it? :society

Quote from: Kyuuji, post: 100639630, member: 31943

Well, at least it should be obvious to everyone else you were trolling now.

Banned for cross-thread drama?  :society
Margs

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #39339 on: February 02, 2023, 09:26:17 AM »
She hasn't even said that. She's explicitly said "trans rights are human rights" etc. She just thinks there are issues that affect biological women specifically (she mainly talks about protection from abuse and the provision of single-sex spaces due to her past but has also mentioned other things), and their opinions and experiences are often shouted down in the eagerness to erase the difference between sex and gender. And her refusal to shut up and get back in line makes certain very online people really mad.

That's literally the same as saying they aren't women. The entire thing seems to be about trans women wanting to be acknowleged as biological women. Not some nebulous broad category "women" that's basically meaningless.

Propagandhim

« Reply #39340 on: February 02, 2023, 09:34:04 AM »
Lol called it.

Also unrivalled banned for a week

I reported a number of the more egregious "This game looks like it's gonna be the BEST" post. Because those ones are the most Dogwhistle-y to me, someone saying "It's on my list" or "my partner wants it" not as likely imho.

Bunch of warnings handed out it seems too, so hopefully going forward we see less of that sort of post.

:lol. Unbelievable

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #39341 on: February 02, 2023, 09:35:31 AM »
But I was told Keffals destroyed Kiwi Farms.
Oi Oi

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39342 on: February 02, 2023, 09:36:23 AM »

Must be the time of the month
Who's? Bchubbs? It's certainly not kyujijijigi's
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39343 on: February 02, 2023, 09:41:19 AM »
But I was told Keffals destroyed Kiwi Farms.

Uncle

Averon

« Reply #39344 on: February 02, 2023, 09:46:40 AM »
There was this weird period where Kiwi Farms was still clearly up and running, yet everyone KF pissed off pretended that it was gone and dusted. It was like they didn't want to believe their "win" against KF was short lived and just wanted to indulge in the lie that KF was offline for good.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39345 on: February 02, 2023, 09:50:53 AM »

That's literally the same as saying they aren't women. The entire thing seems to be about trans women wanting to be acknowleged as biological women. Not some nebulous broad category "women" that's basically meaningless.
Still one of the most absurd delusions created by this weird generation.
Spud

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #39346 on: February 02, 2023, 09:56:33 AM »
This shit is so stupid and we've not even gotten our appetiser yet :hyper
(ice)

NekoFever

« Reply #39347 on: February 02, 2023, 10:05:40 AM »

There are people who want to paint it as saying trans women aren’t women, but I disagree. “Trans women are women” and “There are challenges and experiences unique to biological women that should be acknowledged and addressed” aren’t contradictory. I don’t even see why either should be controversial.

BIONIC

« Reply #39348 on: February 02, 2023, 11:05:39 AM »
Y’know, I think the worst part of the Scottish rapist thing is the hypocrisy.
Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #39349 on: February 02, 2023, 11:17:28 AM »
Y’know, I think the worst part of the Scottish rapist thing is the hypocrisy.

I'd say it's the scots

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #39350 on: February 02, 2023, 11:32:15 AM »

BIONIC

« Reply #39351 on: February 02, 2023, 11:34:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-38#post-100639621

Quote from: Rover_, post: 100639480, member: 70779
funny that on top of denying her TERFness, the article still pretends JKR is a good writer

Quote from: Wesker, post: 100639513, member: 76914
Sincere question: is she a bad one?
I only read the first four Potter books and was entertained back then.

Quote from: Rover_, post: 100639621, member: 70779
yes... there's a great video that goes in depth on how the books are very silly when you read it with a critical eye:

[URL unfurl="true" media="youtube:-1iaJWSwUZs"][/URL]

+ there are the Fantastical Beasts movies that she wrote by herself and are a fucking trainwreck.

“Yes, JKR is a terrible writer because this 1 hour and 45 minute video told me she is. We are not a monolith. We are not NPCs.” :shaking
Margs

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #39352 on: February 02, 2023, 11:35:27 AM »
What the fuck even is kiwi farms and why should I care
What

Boredfrom

« Reply #39353 on: February 02, 2023, 11:36:01 AM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #39354 on: February 02, 2023, 11:38:57 AM »
What the fuck even is kiwi farms and why should I care

Don’t answer him, Uncle. I know you want it. I don’t want another 3 page discussion of Kiwi Farms is the devil or not.

The site has a Wikipedia article, dude. Is also back in the clear net.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 12:01:32 PM by Boredfrom »

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #39355 on: February 02, 2023, 11:41:58 AM »
the long and short: its an e-drama/cyberstalking message board and all the posters are 4chan type edgelords.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 11:52:15 AM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #39356 on: February 02, 2023, 11:52:18 AM »
I hope Mega64 catches wind that their video is now straight up banned on RE  :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mega64-more-game-adaptations-coming-to-hbo.682591/

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #39357 on: February 02, 2023, 11:55:32 AM »
its still funny how certain people on there pissed their britches over a video pretty mildly mocking a recently released squaresoft game that was written by a soy boy.
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39358 on: February 02, 2023, 11:57:02 AM »
Uncle

Boredfrom