Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 615788 times)

Mandark

• Icon
Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #6180 on: August 28, 2020, 05:12:47 PM »
That Kelly guy is championing a dude who murdered two people?

A bunch of them are!

They're not treating this like the Heather Heyer murder at all, this kid's going to be a martyr for the right.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6181 on: August 28, 2020, 06:53:38 PM »
That Kelly guy is championing a dude who murdered two people?  :picard

He's a hero who defended his neighborhood from a roving band of anarchistic thug. :american
dog

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6182 on: August 28, 2020, 07:20:20 PM »
The True OG is back: https://andrewsullivan.substack.com/p/the-trap-the-democrats-walked-right
It finally happened. We have lethal battles in the streets between the two tribes of our polarized politics. This week, a 17-year-old man, Kyle Rittenhouse, brought a rifle to Kenosha, Wisconsin, in order, it appears, to protect the businesses that were being burned down or ransacked by rioters after the police shooting of alleged rapist, Jacob Blake. In a series of skirmishes between Rittenhouse and BLM and Antifa activists on the streets of Kenosha, three men pursuing Rittenhouse were shot and two killed by the vigilante in what appears to be some kind of self-defense.

I’m doing my best to convey the gist of what happened — and there’s an excellent, detailed report of the incident from the NYT — without justifying any of it. No excuse for vigilantism; no excuse for looting, rioting and arson. The truth is: even a few minutes of chaos and violence can contain a universe of confusing events, motives and dynamics that are extremely hard to parse immediately. And yet it is the imperative of our current culture that we defend one side as blameless and the other as the source of all evil.

In the current chaos, I’ve come to appreciate Marcus Aurelius’s maxim that “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” And I have to say I’m horribly conflicted on some issues. I’m supportive of attempts to interrogate the sins of the past, in particular the gruesome legacy of slavery and segregation, and their persistent impact on the present. And in that sense, I’m a supporter of the motives of the good folks involved with the Black Lives Matter movement. But I’m equally repelled by the insistent attempt by BLM and its ideological founders to malign and dismiss the huge progress we’ve made, to re-describe the American experiment in freedom as one utterly defined by racism, and to call the most tolerant country on the planet, with unprecedented demographic diversity, a form of “white supremacy”. I’m tired of hearing Kamala Harris say, as she did yesterday: “The reality is that the life of a black person in America has never been treated as fully human.” This is what Trump has long defended as “truthful hyperbole” — which is a euphemism for a lie. 

But here’s one thing I have absolutely no conflict about. Rioting and lawlessness is evil. And any civil authority that permits, condones or dismisses violence, looting and mayhem in the streets disqualifies itself from any legitimacy. This comes first. If one party supports everything I believe in but doesn’t believe in maintaining law and order all the time and everywhere, I’ll back a party that does. In that sense, I’m a one-issue voter, because without order, there is no room for any other issue. Disorder always and everywhere begets more disorder; the minute the authorities appear to permit such violence, it is destined to grow. And if liberals do not defend order, fascists will.
I find the interaction between some cops and vigilantes in Kenosha deeply, deeply disturbing. Non-college-educated white men make up a lot of the police forces and military in the US — and Trump has big margins of support among them, counts them as his own cops and soldiers, and signals that he will always have their back. As the far left has indiscriminately smeared the police, and promised to abolish or defund them, they have helped Trump co-opt them in a terrifying dynamic. As Trump was eulogizing a murdered policeman, the leftist mob outside was in the midst of a “Fuck The Police” demonstration. If the Dems want to fight an election on that choice — and some do — they’re engaged on a suicide mission.

And let’s be frank about this and call this by its name: this is very Weimar. The center has collapsed. Armed street gangs of far right and far left are at war on the streets. Tribalism is intensifying in every nook and cranny of the culture. The establishment right and mainstream left tolerate their respective extremes because they hate each other so much.

The pattern is textbook, if you learn anything from history: an economic crisis resulting in mass unemployment; the pent-up psychological disorders a long period of lockdown can and will unleash; a failure of nerve on the part of liberals to defend the values and institutions of liberal democracy, and of conservatives to keep their own ranks free of raw demagogues and bigots. But critically: a growing sense of disorder and violence and rioting as simply the background noise; and a sense that authorities do not have the strength or the stomach to restore order. What most people want in that kind of nerve-wracking instability is a figure who will come in and stamp it out. In Trump, we have someone who would happily trample any liberal democratic norm to do it. And the left seems to be all but begging him to do it — if only to prove them right.
Yes, we still have an election. But barring a landslide victory for either party, it will be the beginning and not the end of the raw struggle for power in a fast-collapsing republic. In a close race, Trump will never concede, and if he is somehow forced to, he will mount a campaign from the outside to delegitimize the incoming president, backed by street-gangs and propaganda outfits. If Biden wins, we may have one last chance for the center to hold — and what few hopes I have rest on this.

But Biden, let’s face it, is weak and a party man to his core, and has surrendered to the far left at almost every single turn — from abortion to immigration to race. You’d be a fool I think, to believe he could resist their fanaticism in office, or that if he does, he won’t be toast in a struggle to succeed him. He remains the only choice in this election. But on the central question of civil order, he blew it last week and so did the Dems. Biden needs a gesture of real Sister Souljah clarity to put daylight between him and the violent left.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #6183 on: August 28, 2020, 07:24:51 PM »
He's going to get so racist now that he isn't tied to a publication

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #6184 on: August 28, 2020, 08:28:20 PM »
how much is that guy getting paid again  :mjcry

Hill.TV and The Hill have big conservative money behind it. So likely well enough to tide him over until he wants to make a jump to network TV.

benjipwns

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #6186 on: August 28, 2020, 09:41:28 PM »
World of the Blocked

:lol :lol :lol

benjipwns

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6190 on: August 30, 2020, 01:58:02 AM »
when rogan went after carlos mencia for stealing jokes  ::) nobody stealing rogan's trash ass jokes  :lol why was he so mad  :confused

might actually prefer mencia to rogan on stand up, dane cook over both of them

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

Oblivion

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6193 on: August 30, 2020, 03:21:51 PM »
If you can’t afford business classes, just read Scott Adams’ Twitter while eating a Dilberrito.
©@©™

Tripon

« Reply #6194 on: August 30, 2020, 03:55:03 PM »
when rogan went after carlos mencia for stealing jokes  ::) nobody stealing rogan's trash ass jokes  :lol why was he so mad  :confused

might actually prefer mencia to rogan on stand up, dane cook over both of them

One of Rogan's accusations was that Carlos Mencia was stealing from Bobby Lee, and Lee was opening for Mencia at the time. So it was picking on the weaker guy.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6195 on: August 30, 2020, 04:24:16 PM »
joe the cjw  :rogan

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6196 on: August 30, 2020, 04:32:37 PM »
was she wearing panties  ???

BIONIC

« Reply #6197 on: August 30, 2020, 04:53:07 PM »
Mistress (She Was) Nine(teen) lore  :lawd
Margs

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6198 on: August 30, 2020, 05:16:46 PM »
Mencia is a fucking pig, and if you hear about that sort of thing happening once it probably means he's done it hundreds of times.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6199 on: August 30, 2020, 05:30:03 PM »
bobby lee didn't have anything bad to say about the guy  :trumps even spent some time in mencia village  :maduro

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #6201 on: August 31, 2020, 12:23:59 AM »
Rubin trying to hype his return like it's The Decision. Which socially conservative grifters is he going to align with next that will still shit on him for being gay?

https://twitter.com/RubinReport/status/1299415270210109440
◕‿◕

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6202 on: August 31, 2020, 12:32:55 AM »
Isn't he always taking August as a vacation off Twitter ? That's what he said anyway.

The big trend among his species right now is the riots and media bias in the reporting, so I guess he'll just put himself in tow.
ὕβρις

naff

« Reply #6203 on: August 31, 2020, 01:30:38 AM »
https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1299721477701406720

im sure im forgetting some big events, but the only time i can think of in modern history where a group were targeted and killed en masse predominantly for political ideology and not race or religion was the massacre of communists by right wing paramilitarys in indonesia

edit: right, yeah missing a bunch of politicides https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-communist_mass_killings https://web.archive.org/web/20071030201259/http://www.cidcm.umd.edu/inscr/genocide/
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 01:40:00 AM by naff »
◕‿◕

Tripon

Mandark

• Icon

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6206 on: August 31, 2020, 01:00:28 PM »
I had no idea there were so many epidemiologists on Twitter.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6207 on: August 31, 2020, 01:07:47 PM »
How about we infect Ben Shapiro first to see if this works  ???
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6208 on: August 31, 2020, 01:08:38 PM »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #6209 on: August 31, 2020, 03:11:34 PM »
https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/1300491430981373959

medicare, a great example of a program nobody on the left cares about or wants to expand

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6211 on: August 31, 2020, 04:39:57 PM »
Having to make my own cappuccinos, and no drug dealers??

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6212 on: August 31, 2020, 05:03:36 PM »
crappucinos and sobriety?  :maduro

naff

« Reply #6213 on: August 31, 2020, 05:19:35 PM »
you move to the country and discover half the people around you are addicted to oxy, fuck their cousins or both. wyd?
◕‿◕

BIONIC

« Reply #6214 on: August 31, 2020, 05:24:00 PM »
you move to the country and discover half the people around you are addicted to oxy, fuck their cousins or both. wyd?

When in Rome  :idont
Margs

naff

« Reply #6215 on: August 31, 2020, 05:39:32 PM »
mormapope.gif
◕‿◕

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6216 on: August 31, 2020, 06:17:13 PM »
 :pimp

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #6217 on: August 31, 2020, 06:50:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/KyleKashuv/status/1299931048340586499

love living on a farm in the middle of nowhere that's within walking distance of a public park

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6218 on: August 31, 2020, 07:02:13 PM »
Matt should pay me royalties for that take! :bolo
每天生气

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6219 on: August 31, 2020, 07:03:38 PM »
Man, I live in the country. It suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #6221 on: August 31, 2020, 07:16:21 PM »
That Kashuv tweet is really something. He's too young to have real experience with farm and urban living but he's absorbed various culture war tropes through osmosis: pastoral nostalgia, resentment against effete urbanism (expensive coffee!), etc.

Is this the virtue signalling I'm always hearing about?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6222 on: August 31, 2020, 07:20:31 PM »
maybe he owns stock in farmersonly.com  :trumps

naff

« Reply #6223 on: August 31, 2020, 07:47:42 PM »
he's talking about affluent white people getting a lifestyle block not actual farmers duh
◕‿◕

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #6224 on: August 31, 2020, 07:56:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/KyleKashuv/status/1276545932587421699

https://twitter.com/KyleKashuv/status/1292811748895002624

hm, now I gotta consider that maybe he's a teen who already went through one traumatic experience and the dopamine hits from social media engagement aren't keeping up with pandemic depression and he's Going Through Some Shit

spoiler (click to show/hide)
but given that he was already an edgelord teen racist who's now a part of the rightwing media ecosystem and all its incentives and feedback, he's probably just gonna be shitty the rest of his life
[close]

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6225 on: August 31, 2020, 08:05:59 PM »
 :lol

shosta

« Reply #6226 on: August 31, 2020, 08:17:01 PM »
I'm having a $6 Spanish latte right now... prefer this to farmwork tbh
每天生气

Oblivion

« Reply #6227 on: August 31, 2020, 08:25:10 PM »
coincidentally, i recently had my first $6 item from starbucks in a whole year

but it was a frappacino, not a latte, so i dunno if that counts  :doge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6228 on: August 31, 2020, 08:30:01 PM »
I'm having a $6 Spanish latte right now... prefer this to farmwork tbh

That's cause you a soyboy. 

shosta

每天生气

shosta

« Reply #6230 on: August 31, 2020, 08:37:19 PM »
I'm 100% sure I could beat your ass you fucking Canadian freak
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6231 on: August 31, 2020, 08:40:20 PM »
bought some expensive ass matcha grown on fiji or some shid  :doge

it's p good https://www.gotmatcha.com/organic-matcha-black-label/   :maduro

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6232 on: August 31, 2020, 08:42:27 PM »
I'm 100% sure I could beat your ass you fucking Canadian freak

Tough talk for a soyboy.  I've been watching One Punch Man for the last 3 hours so I doubt it. 

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #6233 on: August 31, 2020, 08:48:44 PM »
Yascha Mounk, champion of free speech, defender of open inquiry, bane of cancel culture, is calling the dean because someone's talking about high level math nerd shit.

shosta

每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6235 on: August 31, 2020, 09:27:31 PM »
I see nothing wrong

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6236 on: September 01, 2020, 12:01:20 AM »
It’s spelled Wooster.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6237 on: September 01, 2020, 12:44:41 AM »
It’s spelled Wooster.

Coming home to woost.
ὕβρις

naff

« Reply #6238 on: September 01, 2020, 12:47:08 AM »
What is Matt implying people should rethink (but won't)? That Markey isn't a worthwhile progressive candidate because people with college degrees vote for them in higher percentages vs. those without a degree? Really hate this entire argument and the constant use of the term "PMC". Reductive and boring.
◕‿◕

shosta

« Reply #6239 on: September 01, 2020, 12:53:31 AM »
I think it's worth asking whether professional smart people are too removed from working class existence to know what that struggle is like (abject hell and hopelessness) but many people on either side of that (Twitter) argument don't even know what PMC means. I do of course because curly forced me at gunpoint to read that ehrenreich essay
每天生气