Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here  (Read 45851 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here
« Reply #301 on: August 07, 2017, 01:47:33 AM »
I'm cool with dragons roasting shit. I just want to see one get taken out. It could be Viserion, he's named after a total bitch character anyway.

I will fuck you like a bitch, bitch. Viserys would've had the seven kingdoms under his control by season 3 at the latest.
serge

Himu

« Reply #302 on: August 07, 2017, 01:54:52 AM »
I'm cool with dragons roasting shit. I just want to see one get taken out. It could be Viserion, he's named after a total bitch character anyway.

I've spent too much time seeing those dragons be nurtured and grown to see one of them die
IYKYK

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #303 on: August 07, 2017, 02:24:42 AM »

one will die and then we'll see jon riding the other in S8

Dennis

« Reply #304 on: August 07, 2017, 09:53:57 AM »
That end was amazing, yo.

Legit looked better than most movies.

TVC15

« Reply #305 on: August 07, 2017, 10:50:21 AM »
The director of this episode also directed Always Sunny's "Frank Reynolds' Little Beauties," so he's probably one of the greatest directors of all time. He's also directing the next GoT ep.

Huh, he did a lot of Sunny classics. Check his IMDB page.
serge

Dennis

« Reply #306 on: August 07, 2017, 10:53:47 AM »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #307 on: August 07, 2017, 10:56:38 AM »
I know everyone is talking about dragons and shit, but my favorite part of this episode was when Bran says "Chaos is a ladder" to Littlefinger. Great moment.
nat

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #308 on: August 07, 2017, 11:01:02 AM »
I hate Bran.  I bet he eats mayo straight from the jar. 

Himu

« Reply #309 on: August 07, 2017, 11:03:03 AM »
I was laughing any time bran met someone again before anyone said a thing because of last week in a "lmao here we go!" sorta way. Bran is hilarious.
IYKYK

studyguy

« Reply #310 on: August 07, 2017, 12:27:14 PM »
I know everyone is talking about dragons and shit, but my favorite part of this episode was when Bran says "Chaos is a ladder" to Littlefinger. Great moment.

The whole Bran scene was one massive death flag for Littlefinger.
It couldn't be any clearer if you had fireworks going off.

Also lmao that whole battle scene with one dude being left to shoot this giant ballista like 3x.
pause

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

zepblackstar

« Reply #312 on: August 07, 2017, 02:52:26 PM »
Making of episode is boss

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #313 on: August 07, 2017, 02:55:42 PM »
wow what an episode dayuuum

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #314 on: August 07, 2017, 03:16:46 PM »
That last sequence is the kind of awesome over-the-top bullshit that makes the preceding three dry ass episodes worth sitting through. Those moments of huge spectacle are basically the only thing that keep me watching at this point.

etiolate

« Reply #315 on: August 07, 2017, 03:51:11 PM »
I loved the shots of both Tyrion and Jamie realizing how little their mind games of war and politics matter when you have Dragons and hordes of horseback warriors.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #316 on: August 07, 2017, 04:54:32 PM »
Watches 100s of men suffer horrible, painful deaths.

"Oh no! Drogon! Is he ok?!"
que

Himu

« Reply #317 on: August 07, 2017, 05:00:53 PM »
That wasn't Drogon. Drogon is black.  :bobby

I think that was Viserion.
IYKYK

studyguy

« Reply #318 on: August 07, 2017, 05:01:32 PM »
Watches 100s of men suffer horrible, painful deaths.

"Oh no! Drogon! Is he ok?!"

RIP Ed Sheeran
pause

etiolate

« Reply #319 on: August 07, 2017, 06:07:29 PM »
as a non-book reader this is my theory on next

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jamie survives and is bartered in trade for one of the female prisoners, probably Ellen DeGreyjoy
[close]

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #320 on: August 07, 2017, 06:08:52 PM »
as a non-book reader this is my theory on next

Jamie survives and is bartered in trade for one of the female prisoners, probably Ellen DeGreyjoy
[close]
That's an awful trade. Why would Dany ever make that?
que

etiolate

« Reply #321 on: August 07, 2017, 06:10:48 PM »
She could ask for the 3 for 1 trade. *shrug*

Addendum: Wasn't poppa Lannister involved in Joffrey's death? If so, why didn't Grandma Sassy drop that bomb, too?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #322 on: August 07, 2017, 06:36:26 PM »
Jamie definitely survives so he can off Cersei

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #323 on: August 07, 2017, 06:58:41 PM »

Himu

« Reply #324 on: August 07, 2017, 07:24:45 PM »
She could ask for the 3 for 1 trade. *shrug*

Addendum: Wasn't poppa Lannister involved in Joffrey's death? If so, why didn't Grandma Sassy drop that bomb, too?

???

No he wasn't. It was Olenna and Littlefinger.
IYKYK

Beezy

« Reply #325 on: August 07, 2017, 09:01:41 PM »

No, that was definitely Drogon. The other two have a completely different color. And Drogon is the only one that she ever rides.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

TVC15

serge

Himu

« Reply #328 on: August 07, 2017, 09:57:08 PM »

No, that was definitely Drogon. The other two have a completely different color. And Drogon is the only one that she ever rides.

Maybe it was. I remember a shot where it didn't look like Drogon though. Hmm.
IYKYK

bluemax

« Reply #329 on: August 07, 2017, 11:55:32 PM »
I like how when the Stark sisters met up they didn't mention Rickon at all.

Also I was unclear, did Daenerys melt any of the gold or just food supplies?
NO

Tasty

« Reply #330 on: August 08, 2017, 12:09:16 AM »

All the gold is "safely" in King's Landing. The ashes are food stuffs and Lannister soldiers.

bluemax

« Reply #331 on: August 08, 2017, 12:15:51 AM »

All the gold is "safely" in King's Landing. The ashes are food stuffs and Lannister soldiers.

Ah right, Dany was sad that they had all the food, so she burned it.
NO

agrajag

« Reply #332 on: August 08, 2017, 12:50:25 AM »
Holy shit, alright, this episode was badass! Get fuck't Jaime!

He can fight with his lame ass left hand now all of a sudden, foh
[close]

Himu

« Reply #333 on: August 08, 2017, 12:55:09 AM »

[close]

Bronn training Jaime how to fight with his left hand is one of the biggest omissions on the show. It's such a fun storyline too.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #334 on: August 08, 2017, 12:57:13 AM »

[close]

Bronn training Jaime how to fight with his left hand is one of the biggest omissions on the show. It's such a fun storyline too.

That was FROM the show. In the book it was the mute executioner guy that trained him iirc and he still sucked.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #335 on: August 08, 2017, 12:59:42 AM »

My sister's family is into this show; watching the last three episodes each week, right as it aired. This episode fucking made me want to go back and watch this entire series. Really great.

someone needs to kill little finger already, getting tired of his lurking. Totally ready to see Arya fuck up some white walkers with her valerian steel dagger
[close]
I haven't seen the show, but god DAMN I hate that slithering little shit. Needs to be stabbed in his forehead, damn the consequences. n.b. I have no idea what the consequences would be.
[close]

agrajag

« Reply #336 on: August 08, 2017, 01:03:16 AM »
Was Little Finger on Arya's list?

I loved that look Arya gave Sansa when Bran told her that Cersei's on her list. Like "I wasn't kidding about the list, bitch"

Also, is it just me or did the Lannister's gave away their hand with the ballista? Now Dany knows they have weapons that can hurt dragons and will use more caution.

Himu

« Reply #337 on: August 08, 2017, 01:13:33 AM »

[close]

That was FROM the show. In the book it was the mute executioner guy that trained him iirc and he still sucked.

Oh riiight. They just haven't followed up on that storyline at all and it's easy to forget. Got the books and tv show mixed up! :lol probably because Bronn teaching him is superior.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #338 on: August 08, 2017, 01:15:00 AM »

I loved that look Arya gave Sansa when Bran told her that Cersei's on her list. Like "I wasn't kidding about the list, bitch"

Also, is it just me or did the Lannister's gave away their hand with the ballista? Now Dany knows they have weapons that can hurt dragons and will use more caution.

Littlefinger is not on her list but I believe Bran gave her the dagger because he knows the truth and will reveal it to Arya so she can kill him.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #339 on: August 08, 2017, 01:18:52 AM »

Littlefinger is not on her list but I believe Bran gave her the dagger because he knows the truth and will reveal it to Arya so she can kill him.

Dang, Arya killing Littlefinger would be so sweet!

I do think they're making her too OP, she shouldn't be handling Brianne like that. She should be able to pull a bunch of crafty/stealthy assasin dirty tricks, but in a one on one battle, I think not. She didn't even train with Syrio that long, and besides that she wouldn't pick up or get considerable practice fencing on her journey. Sure, she's killed tons of people, but usually in the chaos of melee battles. She shouldn't stand a chance against a seasoned warrior like Brianne (and if Arya can easily beat Brienne, she should have been able to dispatch the Hound at will as well, but we all know that was not the case).

Tasty

« Reply #340 on: August 08, 2017, 01:36:26 AM »
I think they were showing Arya could take Brienne in a point-based fencing competition, but I think she'd be fucked if both went all out. Good luck getting through all that armor.

What makes Arya actually OP is her face switching tech, which thus far has been shown to have zero drawbacks and unlimited flexibility.

Tasty

« Reply #341 on: August 08, 2017, 01:37:50 AM »
Also, the show is silent on the issue of Bran's assassin, but (from a wiki read) it's spelled pretty clearly in the books - and it ain't Littlefinger.

No, I expect Sana to have the majority role in orchestrating his downfall.

Himu

« Reply #342 on: August 08, 2017, 01:43:43 AM »
Also, the show is silent on the issue of Bran's assassin, but (from a wiki read) it's spelled pretty clearly in the books - and it ain't Littlefinger.

No, I expect Sana to have the majority role in orchestrating his downfall.

It isn't Littlefinger but the dagger isn't relevant. Littlefinger helped cause the war of the five kings along with Lyssa. Also, he is one of the main culprits whose actions lead to the death of Ned Stark, which is Arya's cup of tea.

Bran showed he knows Littlefingers little games. He also gave the dagger to Arya. It's my wish that Arya does the little snake in. ☺️ Bran is planting those seeds. :hyper
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #343 on: August 08, 2017, 01:46:47 AM »

Dang, Arya killing Littlefinger would be so sweet!

I do think they're making her too OP, she shouldn't be handling Brianne like that. She should be able to pull a bunch of crafty/stealthy assasin dirty tricks, but in a one on one battle, I think not. She didn't even train with Syrio that long, and besides that she wouldn't pick up or get considerable practice fencing on her journey. Sure, she's killed tons of people, but usually in the chaos of melee battles. She shouldn't stand a chance against a seasoned warrior like Brianne (and if Arya can easily beat Brienne, she should have been able to dispatch the Hound at will as well, but we all know that was not the case).

Sparring != fighting

I don't think it's saying Arya could kill Brienne at all. I think its purpose is to show how formidable she is as a fighter and with Littlefinger and Sansa watching Littlefinger has more and more enemies. He should be scared. :rejoice
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #344 on: August 08, 2017, 01:51:27 AM »
What sparring experience did Arya have, besides Syrio Farrel? My point is that she would need years and years of practice to get on that level, and as we know her training sessions with Syrio didn't last very long.

I don't really care though. I just hope she sticks more people with her pointy bit.

Himu

« Reply #345 on: August 08, 2017, 02:30:42 AM »
What sparring experience did Arya have, besides Syrio Farrel? My point is that she would need years and years of practice to get on that level, and as we know her training sessions with Syrio didn't last very long.

I don't really care though. I just hope she sticks more people with her pointy bit.

Uhhhh Arya trained blind and managed to kill a faceless man in a dark room. Did you not watch last season?
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #346 on: August 08, 2017, 02:34:32 AM »

Uhhhh Arya trained blind and managed to kill a faceless man in a dark room. Did you not watch last season?

Ehh, she didn't spar anyone with a sword. They fought with sticks, and the Arya parts of last season were generally laughable.

Himu

« Reply #347 on: August 08, 2017, 02:52:27 AM »
:confused

Arya has used that sword for self defense for years. Combined with her Faceless training it isn't really a surprise that she's skilled at fighting. Essentially, Syrrio taught her the basics of sword fighting. Arya did not stop practicing and her skills I fact, got better. Arya is also a natural at fighting. She trained with Faceless Men who are trained assassins. She learned how to fight blind. While she wasn't fighting with a sword, it doesn't matter. Fighting skill is fighting skill. Just because she's using a sword doesn't change the reactions and skills she learned while blind. She even kills someone with that very sword in a dark room. Faceless Men took Arya's talent for fighting and her already solid sword fighting base and we have what we saw last ep.

And like I said, sparring isn't fighting. Brienne and Arya weren't fighting. They were sparring. Arya winning a spar doesn't mean she could kill Brienne. It just shows her abilities as a fighter and her character development.

I don't see why this is confusing.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #348 on: August 08, 2017, 03:08:56 AM »
Yeah it's a full on martial arts movie trope, even.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #349 on: August 08, 2017, 03:10:15 AM »
This conversation is kind of spergy, but I don't understand why I need to keep explaining to you that assassins aren't master swordsmen. They catch people by surprise by sneaking up on them.

agrajag

« Reply #350 on: August 08, 2017, 03:17:35 AM »
Bah!

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #351 on: August 08, 2017, 03:29:23 AM »
yo, Arya is clearly going to kill littlefinger

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #352 on: August 08, 2017, 03:39:45 AM »
Of course Arya will. It should be Sansa really, but we all know she's fucking useless.

agrajag

« Reply #353 on: August 08, 2017, 03:53:24 AM »
The actress that plays Sansa is so boring, she has no charisma. She's like a wet rag.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #354 on: August 08, 2017, 04:47:22 AM »
havent really seen her in anything else imma blame the character

TVC15

« Reply #355 on: August 08, 2017, 07:55:28 AM »
Stop hating on Sansa, you fucking twinks. I think the homoerotic undertones that run through this forum's veins have made you all hate strong women. When Sansa and LF's kid, Nedd Baelish, ends up being the key to everything, y'all will be suckin' my dick hard.
serge

Dennis

« Reply #356 on: August 08, 2017, 08:34:32 AM »

agrajag

« Reply #357 on: August 08, 2017, 10:42:58 AM »
Breh Sansa ain't no strong woman. The show has plenty of them and Sansa is a little mouse compared to them.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #358 on: August 08, 2017, 11:20:51 AM »
The actress that plays Sansa is so boring, she has no charisma. She's like a wet rag.
to be fair she hasn't been given any interesting material to work with in years. She seems like the typical child actor/actress who doesn't really stand out, but she's not terrible. TBH it just looks worse because she's alongside a pretty impressive child actress (Arya).

Himu

« Reply #359 on: August 08, 2017, 01:42:07 PM »
Breh Sansa ain't no strong woman. The show has plenty of them and Sansa is a little mouse compared to them.

Being a strong woman has nothing to do with kicking ass. Sansa is pretty fucking strong.  :beli
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 01:47:04 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK