Author Topic: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa  (Read 466340 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa
« Reply #1260 on: September 21, 2008, 02:25:45 PM »
haha is this all you have today?
o_0

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa
« Reply #1261 on: September 21, 2008, 02:34:23 PM »
I'm wondering if we're going to see an increase of suicide rates.
🍆🍆

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1262 on: September 21, 2008, 03:08:01 PM »
I'm wondering if we're going to see an increase of suicide rates.

Among who?  Apparently the execs and jackasses that caused this mess are going to get their shitty decisions bought out not just at market value, BUT ABOVE MARKET VALUE.  That's an intentional aspect of this plan that's not really getting play.  So they're getting rewarded, homeowners presumably get to stay in their houses.  I guess maybe the last four or five actual fiscal conservatives left in the Republican party might commit suicide, but who cares about them?
yar

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1263 on: September 21, 2008, 03:17:07 PM »
Finance/Business majors with a shitload of student loans who can't find much work because existing financial firms are having hiring freezes.
🍆🍆

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1264 on: September 21, 2008, 03:24:22 PM »
Finance/Business majors with a shitload of student loans who can't find much work because existing financial firms are having hiring freezes.

Oh, well fuck them.  I bet pawn shops are going to be a big growth industry in the new economy, they should look into that.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1265 on: September 21, 2008, 03:29:24 PM »
So, Obama stepped up and talked about what he thinks the bailout must include today.

First, there must be no blank check when American taxpayers are on the hook for this much money.

Second, taxpayers shouldn't be spending a dime to reward CEOs on Wall Street.

Third, taxpayers should be protected and should be able to recoup this investment.

Fourth, this plan has to help homeowners stay in their homes.

Fifth, this is a global crisis, and the United States must insist that other nations join us in helping secure the financial markets.

Sixth, we need to start putting in place the rules of the road I've been calling for for years to prevent this from ever happening again.

And finally, this plan can't just be a plan for Wall Street, it has to be a plan for Main Street.

I'm fairly relieved to hear him and Dodd both say there's gotta be some accountability and penalties included in the plan.
yar

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1266 on: September 21, 2008, 03:42:49 PM »
but the economy is obama's fault, mccain said so
o_0

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1268 on: September 21, 2008, 06:57:01 PM »

Not sure how the market's going to look for accountants in the short or long run after all of this.  Thank god I have the option of going for my Masters after this summer to kind of delay my entry into that particular job field.  I'm just gonna work at my current company a couple years longer than I had hoped to make sure I pay off my loans entirely before I accept a pay cut to start my career.

Accountants will always have work, don't worry. We're gonna be set :bow

Tristam

« Reply #1269 on: September 21, 2008, 08:58:44 PM »
http://www.newsweek.com/id/160080

SLAM. FUCKING. DUNK.

"Governor Palin, are you ready at this moment to perform surgery on this child's brain?"

"Of course, Charlie. I have several boys of my own, and I'm an avid hunter."

"But governor, this is neurosurgery, and you have no training as a surgeon of any kind."

"That's just the point, Charlie. The American people want change in how we make medical decisions in this country. And when faced with a challenge, you cannot blink."

:rofl :rofl

Beardo

Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #1270 on: September 22, 2008, 02:20:36 AM »
Go ahead dems keep attacking the republicans VP on her experience as if she was the top of the ticket. I dont want to see any whiney threads on EB or NEOGAF when Mccain wins.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1271 on: September 22, 2008, 02:25:17 AM »
beardos still yappin lol
o_0

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #1272 on: September 22, 2008, 02:27:55 AM »
yes how stupid of them to attack one of the strengths of the pubs' ticket

and i expect that we won't hear any whining from you after mccain crashes and burns
pcp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1273 on: September 22, 2008, 01:56:48 PM »
The 'Pubes are starting to get more and more desperate in their attacks.  I'm glad that I'm being proven wrong in how the McCain/Palin situation turned out.  They're backing themselves into a corner with their constant lying and people are now starting to catch on.  Palin was their trump card because all we're hearing from McCain is nothing more than variants of "DRILL BABY DRILL" and "Obama is inexperienced."

I expect to see some Obama = Osama ads coming up in the next few weeks, which should seal the deal for a big Democrat sweep.
🍆🍆

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1274 on: September 22, 2008, 03:12:26 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/21/politics/fromtheroad/entry4464116.shtml -- whtfffffff are they still pretending this is legit foreign policy experience.
o_0

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1275 on: September 22, 2008, 04:02:31 PM »
How can she be so 'Christian', yet lie so much?
©ZH

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #1276 on: September 22, 2008, 04:16:53 PM »
Go ahead dems keep attacking the republicans VP on her experience as if she was the top of the ticket. I dont want to see any whiney threads on EB or NEOGAF when Mccain wins.

Even if you accept the questionable premise that a politician doesn't require much experience to become VP, you can't accept the premise that a politician doesn't require much experience to become president. McCain, if elected, will become the oldest first time president, meaning there is a significant chance that he will die in office, making Palin president. And it's not as if this has not happened before: fourteen VP's have become US presidents. Consequently, a running mate should have the knowledge and experience to run the country because there's a good chance that he or she will have to.

How can you be Christian and not lie so much. Is there anything more dishonest than Christianity?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1277 on: September 22, 2008, 04:18:27 PM »
Matt Millen

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1278 on: September 22, 2008, 04:21:46 PM »

How can you be Christian and not lie so much. Is there anything more dishonest than Christianity?
It is one of their core beliefs regardless of what you think about christianity. But ya, THou shalt not lie is the 2nd to last commandment.
©ZH

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1279 on: September 22, 2008, 04:27:41 PM »
Matt Millen
Liar or just incompetent?

Matt Millen actually provides an example of why it's a bad idea to promote people with little experience to positions they just can't handle. Being a linebacker and television commentator does not prepare you for being a general manager. Being a sports reporter, small town mayor, and the governor of small state flush with oil money, does not prepare you for being VP or president.

It is one of their core beliefs regardless of what you think about christianity. But ya, THou shalt not lie is the 2nd to last commandment.
Thanks, I had no idea there was commandment against lying.  ::)

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1280 on: September 22, 2008, 04:30:55 PM »

"That's not the direct translation!"

I've heard that used for Thou shalt not kill so I imagine they apply that to bearing false witness.
🍆🍆

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1281 on: September 22, 2008, 04:37:30 PM »

I've heard that used for Thou shalt not kill so I imagine they apply that to bearing false witness.

Having a categorical rule against all killing, including self-defense and mercy killings, is silly. The distinction between killing and murder is a good one.

Beardo

« Reply #1282 on: September 22, 2008, 04:38:06 PM »
you can't accept the premise that a politician doesn't require much experience to become president.

Why? Cheney had tons of experience. Should he be president?

I actually think principle is more important than experience.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1283 on: September 22, 2008, 04:42:26 PM »
you can't accept the premise that a politician doesn't require much experience to become president.

Why? Cheney had tons of experience. Should he be president?

I actually think principle is more important than experience.

You are confusing a necessary condition with a sufficient condition. Experience is necessary, but it is not sufficient: other things are important, such as intelligence, knowledge, patience, humility, etc.

edit:

To be qualified to be president, you need experience.
If you don't have experience, then you are not qualified to be president.

Q --> E
~E --> ~Q

E = experience
Q = Qualified to be president

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 05:09:10 PM by Night Man »

Brehvolution

« Reply #1284 on: September 22, 2008, 04:43:09 PM »

Thanks, I had no idea there was commandment against lying.  ::)

Oh c'mon.. It was just my little play on the fact that being  the 9th out of 10 commandments, it wasn't high priority. :P
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1285 on: September 22, 2008, 04:46:20 PM »
can we stop talking about the rule set of a fairy tale rpg  ::)

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1286 on: September 22, 2008, 04:55:08 PM »
shut up PD
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1287 on: September 22, 2008, 04:55:57 PM »
defending religion as usual. great job maf

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1288 on: September 22, 2008, 04:59:59 PM »

Knowing MAF, he was probably defending RPG's.

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #1289 on: September 22, 2008, 05:05:25 PM »

Christianity and hypocrisy have been bosom buddies since the Romans took over the religion in the 4th century CE
HLR

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1290 on: September 22, 2008, 05:25:06 PM »

Knowing MAF, he was probably defending RPG's.

Icewind Dale 4 Ever
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1291 on: September 22, 2008, 05:32:09 PM »
take a chill pill dude, it was a troll

and Malek pray for me: my african american studies teacher is having a New Black Panther Party member speak today. They're a black supremacist, anti-semite group with no redeeming qualities and very different from the original Panthers. I've had dealings with them before, and even had one pull a gun on me. This should be fun 

Beardo

« Reply #1292 on: September 22, 2008, 06:19:51 PM »

and Malek pray for me: my african american studies teacher is having a New Black Panther Party member speak today. They're a black supremacist, anti-semite group with no redeeming qualities and very different from the original Panthers. I've had dealings with them before, and even had one pull a gun on me. This should be fun 

SMH. Can you imagine the shitstorm if a civil rights professor had a KKK member speak.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1293 on: September 22, 2008, 06:27:09 PM »

stfuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ICEWIND DALE 2 4 EVERRRRRRRRRR
o_0

Beardo

« Reply #1294 on: September 22, 2008, 06:31:17 PM »
Viva La America
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1843168,00.html?iid=digg_share

This is the state of our great republic: We've nationalized the financial system, taking control from Wall Street bankers we no longer trust. We're about to quasi-nationalize the Detroit auto companies via massive loans because they're a source of American pride, and too many jobs — and votes — are at stake. Our Social Security system is going broke as we head for a future where too many retirees will be supported by too few workers. How long before we have national healthcare? Put it all together, and the America that emerges is a cartoonish version of the country most despised by red-meat red-state patriots: France. Only with worse food.
:lol

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1295 on: September 22, 2008, 06:34:27 PM »
You wouldn't know we're in a crisis. Hop on the internet and MSN is telling you the best way to slack at work and asking you to buy an SUV. The internet sure changes the experience of a crisis.
o_0

MrAngryFace

o_0

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1297 on: September 22, 2008, 07:07:38 PM »
I hope the government nationalizes student loans and reduces the interest to almost nothing or better yet, writes off large portions of it.
🍆🍆

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1298 on: September 22, 2008, 07:09:48 PM »
I hope the government nationalizes student loans and reduces the interest to almost nothing or better yet, writes off large portions of it.
Yeah right. You can't line the pockets of the rich with that.
que

Beardo

« Reply #1299 on: September 22, 2008, 07:17:56 PM »
SMH.
The more free money there is to pay for college the more college will cost.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1300 on: September 22, 2008, 07:23:19 PM »
I don't know much about college tuition and loands and things like that, but what I do know is that I couldn't go to the school of my choice (that would train me for what I want to do later in life) because of such a high cost.  That sucks.
püp

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #1301 on: September 22, 2008, 08:25:23 PM »
Australia is quite good that way. You incur the debt pay no/little interest during your course until you graduate and earn over a certain threshold you start to pay the debt off.

« Reply #1302 on: September 22, 2008, 08:31:35 PM »

I work in education with extremely low income families, yet my kind of loans don't qualify for their reimbursement program. Awesome. ::)
野球

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1303 on: September 22, 2008, 09:00:37 PM »

SMH.
The more free money there is to pay for college the more college will cost.

Yeah, if you don't regulate it.  FUCKING DUH.
yar

« Reply #1304 on: September 22, 2008, 09:56:20 PM »
You guys hear the rumors about McCain's Chief of Staff being gay?

I'd love to see the religious right spin that one if true.
野球

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1305 on: September 22, 2008, 10:16:15 PM »

Sarah Palin can pray the gay off of him!
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1306 on: September 22, 2008, 10:17:15 PM »
It's not a rumor apparently

« Reply #1307 on: September 22, 2008, 11:31:05 PM »
It's not a rumor apparently

Dan Savage linked to a couple blog articles on the Slog earlier today, have the mainstream media outlets picked it up?
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1308 on: September 22, 2008, 11:37:54 PM »
Nope, doubt they will. There have been prominent gay republicans before (Ken Melhman or whatever his name is)

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1309 on: September 22, 2008, 11:41:10 PM »

It'd be FABULOUS!!
que

« Reply #1310 on: September 22, 2008, 11:44:12 PM »
So instead of cooperating with the Alaskan Legislature's bipartisan investigation into possible abuses of power, Palin instead will cooperate with a separate investigation made up of people she hired... and that she can fire if she feels necessary.

http://news.yahoo.com/s//ap/20080923/ap_on_el_pr/palin_troopergate

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE????
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1311 on: September 22, 2008, 11:45:28 PM »
I love the deceptive story headline

"Palin lawyer meets with investigator in probe"  ???

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #1312 on: September 22, 2008, 11:52:05 PM »
He's a Republican and is gay is a failed strategy.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1313 on: September 23, 2008, 12:19:13 AM »

was that the time where he wasn't really pulling a gun on you?

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #1314 on: September 23, 2008, 12:57:45 AM »
Nope, doubt they will. There have been prominent gay republicans before (Ken Melhman or whatever his name is)

non issue, really

plus they didn't seem to go apeshit when they found out karl rove was an atheist who used their fears and prejudices to further his agenda.

is being gay that much worse than someone who actively manipulates you and your faith?

i guess that'd be the question to ask.
Tonya

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1315 on: September 23, 2008, 02:07:17 AM »
There are also some persistent rumors that Rove is gay.

In any case Republicans don't think they got played by Rove because they don't think Rove's that important or that people who say things they like are being manipulative.

Democrats give more weight to Rove and Cheney, while Republicans generally think (thought?) of Bush as a firm, honest commander.

It's natural to believe people's sincerity when they say things you believe, and doubt it when they say stuff you don't.  Not to draw an equivalence though; the gay-baiting in 2004 was completely cynical and Rove was definitely cracking the whip.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1316 on: September 23, 2008, 03:09:49 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/22/cnn-calls-out-mccain-lie_n_128475.html -- hahaha wtf, how can he say that without just busting up
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1317 on: September 23, 2008, 10:47:15 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/23/ahmadinejads-un-address-l_n_128546.html

Time to change the conversation, right mccain?

McCain: "This guy says THIS about us! Can you believe Senator Obama wants to TALK with him? That's not the change we need! MY FRIENDS! *lopsided grin*"
Palin: "I told Ahmadinejad, thanks but no thanks on the bridge to nowhere!"

*crowd goes wild thanks to the free meth*
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1318 on: September 23, 2008, 11:59:25 AM »
And they will still win!
PSP

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1319 on: September 23, 2008, 01:33:00 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/23/obama-hits-mccains-foreig_n_128577.html -- haha CARS! I'd laugh at this but michigan is pretty single minded.
o_0