Author Topic: One Piece Thread: The best comic you haven't read  (Read 431573 times)

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Re: One Piece Thread: The best comic you haven't read
« Reply #2700 on: May 07, 2015, 06:42:13 PM »
I liked the slave/racism angle of fishman.

:kobeyuck
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2701 on: May 07, 2015, 06:42:34 PM »
how do you feel about the plotlines of tales games, arvie?
duc

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2702 on: May 07, 2015, 06:48:02 PM »
Don't know.  I don't remember them 15 mins after the game ends.

Nibel

« Reply #2703 on: May 08, 2015, 11:15:15 AM »
Franky is probably way stronger than Robin tbh
SWISH

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2704 on: May 08, 2015, 11:24:23 AM »
franky's beast-tier. he coulda shut down senor pink (pbuh) any time, but MANLINESS PREVAILED. remember, he held his own against the strawhats at the start of water 7
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2705 on: May 08, 2015, 11:25:37 AM »
the franky-pink fight was one of the best moments in this arc. :tocry
duc

Nibel

« Reply #2706 on: May 08, 2015, 02:16:46 PM »
Yeah, but Robin is a scientist first and foremost; her ability is cool and all that, but being able to read the Poneglyphs makes her super important.

Jinbei seems to have found one and I really hope he'll find the strawhats.
SWISH

Himu

« Reply #2707 on: May 08, 2015, 05:32:23 PM »

I think it sux cuz when Robin was introduced @ Alabasta she seemed super strong. Now it seems she's basically Nami-tier. :fbm

Are we reading the same comic?

You are insane. Robin is not Nami tier. That girl makes a giant version of herself and STOMPS shit. That is not climatact level. You are fucking nuts. Robin doesn't fuck around.

Just in the last few chapters, Robin LITERALLY, made a shield  of herself and STABBED MULTIPLE TIMES to protect Gladiator-chan. And not against just any needles, but against the same kind that THRASHED the one-legged Soldier from one of Doflaming's TOP officers. ROBIN IS BALLER.

GTFO.

Plus, you are placing too much importance on power and strength as if this is Dragon Ball. This is One Piece. Where the coward weakling makes a sniping shot as far away as Usopp was on that mountain in this arc to hit Sugar in the face again. Nibel is correct: Robin's main job is an archeologist; being a fighter just comes as a bonus. Luffy and Zoro's main jobs IS fighting. Literally every Strawhat that is still on Dressrosa has stepped it up this arc. Every single one. You may prefer Zoro, but calling Robin Nami-tier is insulting to noir-san. Speaking of which, I wonder how Nami's abilities will fare in the next arc. Since they're still separated, I can expect Nami and Chopper to BRING IT next arc and really show what they're made of just like Luffy, Zoro, Usopp, Franky, and Robin have on Dressrosa.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 05:36:27 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Nibel

« Reply #2708 on: May 09, 2015, 07:00:42 AM »
Queen bringing that fire
SWISH

Nibel

« Reply #2709 on: May 09, 2015, 09:39:39 AM »
Sanji though  :leon

I agree though that I wish for more different body types in One Piece, for both males and females.
SWISH

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2710 on: May 09, 2015, 10:08:43 AM »
you don't fuck with himu's onee-sama, apparently!
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2711 on: May 09, 2015, 10:09:51 AM »
i think one piece has good body diversity relative to 99% of all shonen manga -- just not on the main cast
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2712 on: May 09, 2015, 10:10:32 AM »
also does ANYONE think fairy tail is good anymore? because that is some straight-up ecchi horseshit, brehs.  :gurl
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:19:31 AM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

Nibel

« Reply #2713 on: May 09, 2015, 11:58:14 AM »
Nah, never touched Fairy Tale as it seems too 'edgy'; only shonens I give a damn about are One Piece and Hunter X Hunter
SWISH

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2714 on: May 10, 2015, 01:19:48 PM »
OMG I can't skip the watchop.com videos forward to skip the opening, and I'm only at episode 627

Nibel

« Reply #2715 on: May 10, 2015, 02:45:40 PM »
I check some scenes now and then and for fucks sake does the anime look like fucking trash; and they keep getting away with it.
SWISH

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2716 on: May 11, 2015, 07:33:17 PM »
Bartolomeo's scenes are great in the anime.  The choir music that plays when Zoro is shouting at him, while he cries  :lol

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2717 on: May 11, 2015, 08:26:25 PM »

:lol

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2719 on: May 14, 2015, 03:29:18 PM »
zoro's gotta cut the birdcage, and sabo needs a battle issue.
duc

Bebpo

« Reply #2720 on: May 21, 2015, 07:28:19 PM »
New chapter out.  Haven't read it yet but it just reminded me how glad I am that the Jinbei front page story that went on for like EVER and was totally uninteresting is over.  I miss when the front page stories were used as ways to move the background plot along with Buggy finding his way and Ace searching for Blackbeard etc....Oda needs to get back to having content in the front page tales.

Bebpo

« Reply #2721 on: May 21, 2015, 07:34:07 PM »
Ok, that was a good chapter.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2722 on: May 21, 2015, 07:49:26 PM »
Junbei did move the plot. 

Bebpo

« Reply #2723 on: May 21, 2015, 07:55:01 PM »
Junbei did move the plot.

What was Junebei's story even about?  It was like 50 chapters of him sailing around with sea pets.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2724 on: May 21, 2015, 08:00:20 PM »
OK ya, but he did take a poneglyph towards the end.   He's also on his way to do what ever he needs to do before joining the strawhats. 

Himu

« Reply #2725 on: May 21, 2015, 08:51:16 PM »
holy shit oda

GIVE ME THE NEXT CHAPTER NAO
IYKYK

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2726 on: May 21, 2015, 08:57:33 PM »
next ish better bring it
duc

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2727 on: May 21, 2015, 09:28:15 PM »
break after the next chapter too :(

Bebpo

« Reply #2728 on: May 28, 2015, 03:44:59 PM »
Yup, that was disappointing, especially with a break next week.  YAWN.

Guessing the next chapters are like this:

2 weeks chapter - Stuff happens slowly and last page Luffy powers up or Luffy powers up and punches Do
3 weeks chapter - Actual resolution of battle
4 weeks chapter - epilogue stuff for a couple of issues with shit getting real somewhere during it and setting off the next arc

Bebpo

« Reply #2729 on: May 28, 2015, 05:48:52 PM »
Yeah, he's strong.  Not sure how I feel about this new Awakening powers thing.  Guess eventually Luffy turns the environment into a giant bounce house?

Bebpo

« Reply #2730 on: May 29, 2015, 05:22:01 PM »
If Luffy's DF allows him to change stuff in his surroundings like Doffy can, then it's probably gonna be subtle stuff like being able to change a deadly sharp sword into rubber to save someone etc. I think Awakening isn't necessarily change environment stuff, but just some new added twist to the DF power.

I think it's kind of BS and unneeded tbh.  It feels DBZ.  Haki was a good addition and it didn't feel too forced as a power upgrade for high level players, but this is out of nowhere and I don't really care for it.  Plus it's not like Doflamingo's done anything interesting with this new power to make it ZOMG new next-level power upgrade beyond Haki.   I guess it's still way too early to see how it'll play in, so we'll see.

But yeah, that's a good idea with Luffy turning swords into rubber and stuff.  I like that.  Though I still see him making a giant bounce house at some point lol

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2731 on: June 13, 2015, 10:41:08 PM »
http://imgur.com/a/9Z7Vc

what a loser. 

I wish I could go there :(

Himu

« Reply #2732 on: June 13, 2015, 10:47:02 PM »
 :huh
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2733 on: June 14, 2015, 12:14:01 PM »
I stopped watching the anime like 4 years ago. It starting sucking around Impel Down. I'm not sure why it took you so long to realize that?
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #2734 on: June 26, 2015, 08:14:05 AM »
Caught up on the last 3 weeks of OP including the latest chapter just out right now:

http://readms.com/r/one_piece/791/2837/1

Alright, I guess but really for the final confrontation:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Luffy just uses a bigger punch?  Kind of anti-climatic after all the Gear 4th stuff earlier.
[close]

Well, glad it's over.  Let's get the couple chapters of wrap up and then move on to something new asap.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2735 on: June 26, 2015, 09:49:29 AM »
I thought it was a little anti-climatic too.  Gear 4th was massive though.

I really hope we don't have a year of just Sanji and team coming up.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2736 on: July 03, 2015, 11:00:01 PM »
Good chapter.  Sabo is a beast.  And Fujitora :bow2

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2737 on: July 03, 2015, 11:18:23 PM »
Also mangastream started asking for donations.  Hope they don't get shut down for the shit. 

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2738 on: July 03, 2015, 11:47:48 PM »
wonder why we haven't seen doffy's eyes yet. and he seemed to be smiling when the marines chained him up...?
duc

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2739 on: July 09, 2015, 01:07:31 PM »
O shit kuzan

Himu

« Reply #2740 on: July 09, 2015, 03:10:13 PM »
KUZAN TEAMED UP WITH BLACKBEARD?!?!??!
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #2741 on: July 09, 2015, 03:22:52 PM »
Good chapter.  Better than the last few for sure.  World Building >> Dragged out fight.  Nice seeing the World Government guys again.  Hope they actually come out and do something at some point.  The Marine system structural breakdown keeps going further.  Straw Hats aren't just going to get One Piece, they're gonna change the whole world by the end.

Pretty sure the Kuzan thing is just a double agent thing.  Dude is the most honorable guy in the marines, would never team up with Blackbeard.

wonder why we haven't seen doffy's eyes yet. and he seemed to be smiling when the marines chained him up...?

This was an interesting point though.  Especially with his glasses flying off in the final hit.  I wonder if this will be a thing at some point.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2742 on: July 09, 2015, 03:25:22 PM »
The one with the sword looks pretty mean, so I'm guessing they will be fighters. 

Himu

« Reply #2743 on: July 09, 2015, 03:29:38 PM »
Good chapter.  Better than the last few for sure.  World Building >> Dragged out fight.  Nice seeing the World Government guys again.  Hope they actually come out and do something at some point.  The Marine system structural breakdown keeps going further.  Straw Hats aren't just going to get One Piece, they're gonna change the whole world by the end.

Pretty sure the Kuzan thing is just a double agent thing.  Dude is the most honorable guy in the marines, would never team up with Blackbeard.

This was an interesting point though.  Especially with his glasses flying off in the final hit.  I wonder if this will be a thing at some point.

Um, what? The guy let go Nico Robin. He's always been willing to fight with Marine ideals if it goes against his own nature, and right now, Akainu has a Marine force that is all about enforcing law or justice rather than being a just organization. He likely feels that being tied to Blackbeard is a much better alternative than working in Akainu's marines. Akainu took his leg and if I remember, his arm. You think he's willing to keep working for an organization he's willing to lose an arm and leg for so that the guy that did it DOESN'T end up in charge of the Marines? And you think he's a double agent?

Um. lol
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2744 on: July 09, 2015, 03:36:34 PM »
TBF he could be working as a double agent for his own interests or maybe with other marines like Fujitora in secret.  I also see black mail as being the other reason.

Himu

« Reply #2745 on: July 09, 2015, 03:42:04 PM »
Often, Kuzan does his own thing. When he was introduced, he was on a bike ride and no one knew where he was. He often does things on his own terms. He's probably doing that just now, we'll just have to see what those terms are. More than likely, he probably wants to get to Blackbeard to capture them on his own terms to prevent another Marineford from happening. Akainu doesn't give a shit about BB and is letting him run amok. If Aokiji were the leader of the Marines, you best bet his ass would go after BB asap. Instead, BB was made a yonkou and let loose after what happened two years back. Kuzan is probably just doing his own form of justice, like usual. I don't see him actually becoming an actual ally to BB, unless he considers BB to be a necessary evil, and would rather team up with him to take down the current Marine status quo than ally himself with the Marines after his big fight with Akainu.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #2746 on: July 09, 2015, 04:40:53 PM »
TBF he could be working as a double agent for his own interests or maybe with other marines like Fujitora in secret.  I also see black mail as being the other reason.

Yeah, that's what I meant.  Double Agent for his own interests.  I'm just saying Kuzan's a bro and isn't going to be teaming up with a terrible person like Blackbeard.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2747 on: July 09, 2015, 06:46:40 PM »
i think it's a translation issue. kuzan might be SEEMING to help blackbeard, or at least has contact with him, but given that breh is all about his own weird brand of "lazy justice" i sorely doubt he's gonna FIGHT on bb's behalf. kuzan might just figure the assist will help him disrupt or shut down reverie.

on the OTHER hand, there's still a lot of shit about bb we don't know. he's a pretty complex villain. he's evil (captured ace, killed whitebeard, recruited murderers by having them fight it out to be on his crew), but he's also weirdly sympathetic at times. his crimes are all to ruthlessly advance some bigger agenda, NOT because he loves killing or chaos or cruel power ala doffy. (in one of the sbs, oda noted that he was "like an amoral luffy.") he doesn't seem to be a narcissist, and is weirdly thoughtful. his backstory is gonna be some next tier shit.

ODA-SAMA!!!!11 :gddr5

edit: i also kinda liked the last ish a LITTLE more, just because seeing sabo straight-up fuckpwn burgess like a boss was profoundly satisfying.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:53:36 PM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2748 on: July 09, 2015, 07:10:06 PM »
i liked the nice touch of passing the torch of the straw hats' pursuit from smoker to fujitora. smoker's definitely outclassed in the new world after getting spanked by law and doffy. the straw hats need a new "pursuer of justice" and fujitora's a fuckin' monster.
duc

Himu

« Reply #2749 on: July 09, 2015, 07:15:54 PM »
Fujitora is a fantastic nemesis. I really wonder how they're going to get the fuck out of there short of the entire island of Dressrosa protecting them.
IYKYK

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2750 on: July 09, 2015, 07:16:58 PM »
maybe he'll bring smoker and tashigi and the g9 dork squad along with him...
duc

Himu

« Reply #2751 on: July 09, 2015, 07:17:49 PM »
I hope he does. Smoker has to heal first.
IYKYK

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2752 on: July 09, 2015, 07:24:48 PM »
reflecting on this arc, law's a near-GOAT badass. took down smoker, trebol, and vergo; and went toe-to-toe with fujitora AND doffy at the same time. even after taking a metric fuckton of pain, he STILL got a devastating hit in on doffy, seriously weakening him. the op-op fruit's power is REAL, friends. luffy took down caesar and chinjao, but his defeat of doffy was predicated on law gettin' his hits in first. sick as HELL, sons. only zoro and his two perfect k.o.'s (pica and monet) comes close this round.

callin' this arc for the sword bros.

best moment was still seeing diamante get his neck broken on scarlet's grave.   :lawd

edit: and god usopp in 2nd place. :lawd

edit 2: and gear fourth. and the franky/pink "man's" battle/backstory.

A GOOD ARC.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:38:00 PM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

Himu

« Reply #2753 on: July 09, 2015, 07:28:19 PM »
Yeah, Law really stepped up this arc. Imagine an arc AGAINST him.
IYKYK

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2754 on: July 09, 2015, 07:31:01 PM »
right now, luffy'd lose. op-op plus actual BRAINS puts luffy at a crazy disadvantage :tocry

rubberbreh needs to get his act together. he was sloppy this round. this game was ALL assists.
duc

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2755 on: July 09, 2015, 07:32:23 PM »
Ya Law is a total beast. He's also the only ally of Luffy's that is a power house and a strategist.  Guessing him and Jimbei will take up advisory rolls to Luffy in the late arcs. 

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2756 on: July 09, 2015, 07:34:12 PM »
also, man, robin needs to start mixin' it up more. she's way too happy playin' from the bench for her level.
duc

Himu

« Reply #2757 on: July 09, 2015, 07:38:13 PM »
Robin will have her day :brazilcry
IYKYK

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2758 on: July 09, 2015, 07:39:41 PM »
low points were the glacial pace of the arena battles and the tontatta. SNORE PLUS
duc

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2759 on: July 09, 2015, 07:41:30 PM »
Or just get tied down by fairies for some sexy high thigh shots every arc.  Pretty sure that's her purpose now.