Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3703884 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #28860 on: December 05, 2016, 06:08:15 PM »
So Bebpo when are we playing MvC2 on 360..does that even still work online?

:bolo
What

Bebpo

« Reply #28861 on: December 05, 2016, 07:22:30 PM »
I don't even have it on the 360.  I have it on PS3  :'(

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #28862 on: December 06, 2016, 01:20:26 PM »

Doh forever alone  :goty2

And Im buying MvC3 but you dont have a PS4 do you?
What

archie4208

« Reply #28863 on: December 06, 2016, 06:36:42 PM »
Hitman 2016 is really good bros.

I suck at it though.  :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #28864 on: December 06, 2016, 06:46:48 PM »

I have it on PS3 too ;_;

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #28865 on: December 06, 2016, 07:00:09 PM »

I have it on PS3 too ;_;

You could get the remaster on PS4 thats what im doing :P
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #28866 on: December 06, 2016, 07:01:02 PM »

I have it on PS3 too ;_;

You could get the remaster on PS4 thats what im doing :P
What

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
« Reply #28867 on: December 07, 2016, 12:16:59 AM »
Let it Die. This game is fucking dope, reminds me of shitty B-tier PS2 games down to the ckunky controls.
うぐう

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #28868 on: December 07, 2016, 01:30:26 AM »
Let it Die. This game is fucking dope, reminds me of shitty B-tier PS2 games down to the ckunky controls.
Jank? Grasshopper Manufacture, that's all you hadda say, fam.

Syph

« Reply #28869 on: December 07, 2016, 02:03:17 AM »
i tried it out today myself
pretty fun so far, definitely worth giving it a shot to those that haven't yet
XO

Bebpo

« Reply #28870 on: December 07, 2016, 02:04:20 AM »
The Last Guardian Man, this game arghhh. When it works I love it, it's Ico 2 with a cute giant bird dog mouse. But fuck, between the camera being zoomed in too close (no camera options either :| ) or spinning around like crazy all the time and hard to control and the AI being all over the place for Trico now that I've gotten the issue commands controls...it's a really terrible playing game which as a huge fan of Team Ico makes me sad.

I feel like once I got to the issue commands part, the game is problematic because Trico trying to figure out what the fuck I'm telling him means me spending 30 mins in a room trying to get him to go where I want and do what I want while he keeps going the wrong way or climbing up the wrong walls. It was much better before issue commands were a thing.

So far about 3 hours in, SoTC (top 5 game of all-time) > Ico (top 40 game of all time) >>>> Trico (still good, but fuck these controls so much).

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #28871 on: December 07, 2016, 03:41:02 AM »
Does anyone here actually like Furi?

Bebpo

« Reply #28872 on: December 07, 2016, 03:48:32 AM »
Does anyone here actually like Furi?

I played a little but the bosses have a crazy grind amount of health in order to make it "challenging" and last more than 45 mins gametime total.  I honestly got bored before the end of the 2nd boss fight and deleted it.  I can't do bosses that long and repetitive.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #28873 on: December 07, 2016, 04:46:05 AM »
I liked it..got the the third boss ( the old man? ) and couldnt beat him tho
What

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #28874 on: December 07, 2016, 08:51:26 AM »
Tried it myself tonight. Your review is concise and accurate, whatever "ckunky" means, that's it.

I like its tone and attitude. It's like all the reasons people like and dislike weird Japanese stuff. I'm not liking the shitty UI and expectation that the player will read a metric shit-tonne of EXTREMELY LOW CONTRAST onscreen text. I'll probably give it another few hours.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #28875 on: December 07, 2016, 09:01:41 AM »
Let it die is really dope imo.. I dig the soundtrack
What

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #28876 on: December 07, 2016, 11:51:03 AM »
The Last Guardian Man, this game arghhh. When it works I love it, it's Ico 2 with a cute giant bird dog mouse. But fuck, between the camera being zoomed in too close (no camera options either :| ) or spinning around like crazy all the time and hard to control and the AI being all over the place for Trico now that I've gotten the issue commands controls...it's a really terrible playing game which as a huge fan of Team Ico makes me sad.

I feel like once I got to the issue commands part, the game is problematic because Trico trying to figure out what the fuck I'm telling him means me spending 30 mins in a room trying to get him to go where I want and do what I want while he keeps going the wrong way or climbing up the wrong walls. It was much better before issue commands were a thing.

So far about 3 hours in, SoTC (top 5 game of all-time) > Ico (top 40 game of all time) >>>> Trico (still good, but fuck these controls so much).
I'm curious about TLG but after watching some streams I think I'll pass. It just screams all the frustration of the last 2 games made worse. It really looks like a 2005 game with pretty new graphics and an emotive pet.
que

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #28877 on: December 07, 2016, 12:28:52 PM »
I put a few hours into Let it Die last night.  I dig it and I'll probably put a bit more time in.  Not really a fan of the durability on the clothes/armor but yeah.   I enjoyed it enough to give it another go.

I'm picking up Last Guardian tonight. 

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #28878 on: December 07, 2016, 01:07:46 PM »
Hitman 2016 is really good bros.

I suck at it though.  :'(
yeah I always ragged on brad shoemaker but I'm somehow worse than him

Bebpo

« Reply #28879 on: December 07, 2016, 01:44:25 PM »

I'm curious about TLG but after watching some streams I think I'll pass. It just screams all the frustration of the last 2 games made worse. It really looks like a 2005 game with pretty new graphics and an emotive pet.

It's the most PS2 playing game I've played in years.  Like it's literally a time warp when you load the game and it feels like you're playing a 2005 PS2 title (graphically it's better though).  I don't even mean this in a bad way, I'd take a PS2 and its library over current gen consoles and theirs any day.  But it's very much a relic of an era.

That said it doesn't excuse the controls/camera/ai jank, which the more I grow accustomed to is workable, but it's definitely more frustrating to play than Ico/SoTC.  Also it's not as interesting as SoTC, doesn't have as good of music as SoTC, or as interesting world/story as SoTC so far.  It's definitely ICO2, not SoTC.  About 3 hours-ish in, it's feeling about 8/10 to me as someone who loves Ico.  I know a lot of people do.not.like Ico, so they should stay as far as hell away from the TLG as possible.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #28880 on: December 07, 2016, 01:47:40 PM »
It's definitely ICO2, not SoTC.
Aw :shaq2

Let's Cyber

« Reply #28881 on: December 07, 2016, 02:53:28 PM »
SotC is hard to top because the concept is just amazing.  Take all the puzzlesolving stuff from Ico but the "levels" are actually massive, epic boss fights?  Come on. 

Ico doesn't have the HOLY FUCK moments of SotC but the atmosphere is just as good. The final fight in Ico was the first time I felt like I was playing a Next-Gen game.  That was super intense at the time.

Bebpo

« Reply #28882 on: December 08, 2016, 03:02:29 AM »
I think I'm getting near the end in Last Guardian after another night's session.  It's really good at times, but I can't go 2-3 hours without encountering at least one glitch that has me running around for 20 minutes trying to figure out wtf to do and it's not because I'm missing what to do but because the ai is glitching and not doing it.  Probably played about 6-7 hours now and had at least 4 of those moments and they're all very frustrating. 

Also while some of the platforming is great (this game has the most challenging platforming of a non-indie game in a generation; it's PS2 no bullshit auto-glue tons of leeway platforming; you fall to your death A LOT) and outdoor sections are breathtaking in that fucking awesome Ico/SoTC architecture aka I can see 4000 feet below that area I was at 2 hours ago connected environment, some of the indoor areas feel a bit boring and going through motions.  There's definitely highs and lows.  You can go from walking across a narrow tightrope and making just barely grab ledge catches on top of the world  to standing on a platform 3 feet off the ground trying multiple times to throw a jug onto another platform 3 feet off the ground that's right in front of your face only to have it bounce off and roll back onto the ground.  I mean games should have down time to make the highs even better, but imo some of the downtime stuff is a pretty boring here.

And needs more music.  What's there is great, but there's like one short music cue every 30-40 minutes.  Oh and even on a PS4 Pro 1080p "30fps" mode the game engine sometimes drops SoTC style (not often and when it does it makes sense because the crazy drawn in distance and rendering the entire game world exterior basically) but yeah I can't even imagine how this plays on a normal PS4.  Then again SoTC framerate drops during epic Ueda stuff is kinda nostaglic.

Bebpo

« Reply #28883 on: December 08, 2016, 03:23:08 AM »
Actually I wanna give further credit to TLG for having legit stakes platforming.  The entire reason that platforming 1,000 of feet in the air is even exciting and cool is because one mistep and you die.  It makes your the platforming tense and your hands sweat.  Modern platforming 3d games never makes your hands sweat and never has that intensity or satisfaction because everything is so auto with tons of leeway.  Occasional parts of TLG brings me back to days of Maximo, respect  :punch

Let's Cyber

« Reply #28884 on: December 08, 2016, 01:03:33 PM »
I'm around 4 hours into Last Guardian and I'm blown away so far but I will agree this game isn't for everybody. 

I'm on OG PS4.  I have had a some fps drops (mostly during explosions or the outside segments) but not the 10 fps shit I heard horror stories about.

It really looks like a 2005 game with pretty new graphics and an emotive pet.
It's the most PS2 playing game I've played in years.
I don't really understand what this means.  What 2005 or PS2 games played close to this outside of other Team Ico games? 

Bebpo

« Reply #28885 on: December 08, 2016, 03:01:45 PM »
It plays like Ico.  This isn't a negative on the game.  It looks great.  But it plays exactly like Ico (I actually think it plays a little worse than Ico because you don't have the cool stick to beat shadow people down with).  You climb some stuff in a room or outside, you push/pull crates, you pick up a jug and toss it, you tell your AI to do something and climb it (SoTC/Ico cross), the environments are often small indoor areas straight out of Ico or big outdoor areas where you're still on a small area path but you can see breathtaking views like Ico with better graphics.  There's no Multiplayer, there's no modern day UI stuff outside the annoying tutorial pop ups, there's no auto-platforming, the rooms are often obscure at what you're supposed to do, there's no various modes or DLC, the controls are clunky like Ico with momentum and physics, the camera and glitches are straight Japan PS2 jank.

Literally if you were not looking at the graphics, and you played this on PS2 it would have fit right in.  There's none of the game industry changes we've seen in the past 10 years incorporated outside the dumb controls pop ups.  It's like a game out of a time capsule from 2005.

But what people aren't seeing is that this isn't a negative.  It's a compliment.  Games are way worse now than they were 10 years ago.  While there's been some changes for the better like better user interfaces and quality of life items, most modernization of gaming is let's make everything easy handholding scripted boring. 

A good alternate example is Persona 5 which still follows the basically PS2 formula of Persona, but has all the modern quality of life improvements that 2016 games have. 

Let's Cyber

« Reply #28886 on: December 08, 2016, 03:39:09 PM »
It does play like Ico, warts and all.  I agree. The level design is totally Ico. The climbing puzzles are SotC style without the Colossi, basically.

I can understand it feeling like a time capsule game.  I still don't understand how this feels "like a 2005 game" when no other games from 2005 feel like this other than the game developed by Ueda from 2005.  It feels like a Team Ico game that was in development hell and retains many the elements of their past games, good and bad. Am I making sense?
There's no Multiplayer, there's no modern day UI stuff outside the annoying tutorial pop ups, there's no auto-platforming, the rooms are often obscure at what you're supposed to do, there's no various modes or DLC, the controls are clunky like Ico with momentum and physics, the camera and glitches are straight Japan PS2 jank.
Gotcha. I feel ya. 

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #28887 on: December 08, 2016, 04:53:27 PM »
I hope it gets some kind of patch to smooth out some of the technical issues.
nat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #28888 on: December 08, 2016, 09:58:08 PM »
Started Mad Max last night. It's gorgeous. Avalanche has not missed a step on graphics. The desolate landscapes are beautiful. The camera is dramatic and self-aware (standard fare: lens flare, dust/dirt/gunk on lens). Tone hews a nice line between The Road Warrior and Fury Road. Production value is superb.

Unfortunately, it's got none of Avalanche's Just Cause polish for user experience. Over the opening tutorial missions, several times there were onscreen hints for inane stuff, but no clues on things which seemed mission critical but hadn't yet been introduced. Brawling controls feel sloppy compared to Arkham/Mordor/Sleeping Dogs.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28889 on: December 08, 2016, 10:07:51 PM »
Mad Max got so much right, it's a real shame that the game ended up whiffing it in a lot of other aspects.
dog

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #28890 on: December 08, 2016, 10:22:19 PM »
Played and beat Ocarina of Time for the first time on 3DS.

I see why it's considered a classic. It's one of those "just right" games. Not too long, not too short. Not insultingly easy, not frustratingly hard. Characters don't take themselves too seriously but aren't complete jokes, etc. Great game.

That makes 2 Zeldas I've played in my lifetime.  :doge

Let's Cyber

« Reply #28891 on: December 08, 2016, 10:45:55 PM »
Now time for Majora's Mask 3DS

:whew

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #28892 on: December 08, 2016, 10:57:44 PM »
Now time for Majora's Mask 3DS

:whew

Got it on Cyber Monday  :rejoice

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #28893 on: December 08, 2016, 11:18:39 PM »
the remade graphics in majora's mask look fucking fantastic. makes the new graphic on oot look kinda bad in comparison.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #28894 on: December 09, 2016, 03:56:09 AM »
Finished The Last Guardian.  Man, oh man, where do I even start.

The game is a beautiful piece of art.  It has lots of great high moments up there with the best of Ico and mid-tier SoTC moments.  It is absolutely gorgeous and it's crazy how much you don't realize the game looks gorgeous because the game starts out with the Ico washed out color pallet.  But the lighting is crazy and when the mist fades and the colors quick in visually it's goddamn breathtaking.

I'm glad the game was uncancelled, I'm glad I got to play it and experience some of these wonderful moments.

...that said, I will never, ever play this game again.  I've played Ico probably 4 or so times including twice in row jumping right in after I beat it because the 2nd playthrough added subtitles iirc.  I've played SoTC at least that many times as well.  I will never replay TLG because unlike Ico/SoTC....it isn't actually fun to play.  Like half the game is spent sitting on Trico's back as he gorgeously moves through areas.  It creates this wonderful cinematic adventure, but yeah that's not gameplay.  The other half is full of good platforming mixed with glitches and shoddy AI, really unfun combat type sequences (at least in Ico when the shadows monsters came out it was fun to beat them down with a stick; the enemies and their grab you while you bounce around in recovery frames and then MASH MASH MASH BREAK YOUR CONTROLLER gameplay is awful.  There is one section that's sorta the final enemy setup that is one of the worst moments of gaming 2016) and some very boring moments. 

I had so many glitches.  I gotta imagine reviewers who gave this 9s got lucky and didn't run into this stuff.  One time for instance the boy and trico froze.  Like I could rotate the camera but none of the buttons would respond and that just sat still boy on trico, trico not moving.  Had to restart from checkpoint.  Another time trico broke a cinematic scripted moment and the ai was confused and wouldn't work after.  I don't even want to get into the non-glitch ai stuff like when you tell trico to go in a direction when you're moving vertically upwards and he thinks that means turn around and go back down the way you came.

The game to me reeks of a trouble development.  There are tons of really great moments and then there are parts where the game breaks.  Just going by all the bugs I encountered in a single playthrough, it seems like the game needed another 6 months in the oven.  But maybe it wouldn't have done anything because I get the feeling the game's AI is too ambitious and no matter how many years they spent on it, it'd never be work correctly 100% of the time.  It feels like they got it to about 80% and had a celebration party and pressed the gold master and ran and never looked back.  Even glitches aside, the game feels way more incompletely paced than Ico/SoTC, there's too much high/low/high/low with some real low dips.  It's a pretty long game and maybe it needed some more pairing down to have a more consistent quality experience that is Ico/SoTC.

On top of that even if the game had zero bugs, the AI was perfect and it was tighter paced getting rid of some of lows, I'm still not sure if it'd be able to hang with SoTC, maybe Ico.  I feel like story/world building was a lot less interesting in this one than the other two.  It's not bad, it's just that Ico and especially SoTC were really good in their interesting mythological world and story.  This feels a lot lighter until the finale.

While I'm not going to say I'm the biggest Team Ico fan out there because man, some of you guys are crazy dedicated, I'm a pretty huge fan of Team Ico and Ueda.  Ever since I played that PS2 demo disc with Ico and the windmill I fell in love and I can pick either Ico or SoTC any day and still have an absolutely wonderful time with either.  Ico is a great game every few years to just do a single play run through and it's basically perfect from start to finish.  Coming from that, TLG feels half-baked.  It's better than no game at all, because goddamn some of the moments are amazing like:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
When bad trico is fighting trico in the vertical tower and you're using traps and mechanics to team fight against bad trico to turn the upper hand.  The puzzle boss fights (basically just that and the final boss) were so good (not a surprise since Ico's final boss is great and SoTC is nothing but fantastic puzzle bosses) I really wish there were more puzzle boss fights and less here's a room of statute guys take them out with Trico :|
[close]

But as I keep harping on, it wasn't a particularly fun game to play.  Because of the nature of Trico and all the auto-traversal where you just stand on his back (I mean couldn't they have added SoTC type gameplay to these parts where you need to actively try to hang on?), it's much more a passive art adventure experience and less a game with gameplay that is fun than Ico/SoTC.  I think also part of it is that even if Ico was a bit light on gameplay, at least you're always in control and moving Ico through the world.  I think the best parts of TLG are when you're without Trico and you're platforming on your own Ico style.  Since TLG takes away control from you so often and for so much of the game as you ride Trico it just feels less gameplay to me.

Anyhow, in the end even as a big Team Ico fan I couldn't recommend people buy it in good faith.  I think it's worth a rental for the gorgeous art adventure experience and those amazing highs, but trying to be objective as possible I couldn't give it more than a 7/10 whereas I'd give Ico a 9/10 and SoTC a 10/10 (with SoTC being a top10 of all time game).

Also for everyone with sob sob attachments blah blah blah, I thought Trico was cute and loveable but I didn't feel the game was particularly emotional. Ending was good. I found SoTC very emotional, Ico a little less so. I think I had more of a connection to Trico earlier on when he was a cute dog/bird thing and not dumb ai stupid fucker as I would often call him by the end :P
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 04:01:46 AM by Bebpo »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #28895 on: December 09, 2016, 04:04:23 AM »
Played a bit more LET IT DIE and am still very much enjoying the wacky tone and grotty visuals, but not the ckunky UI or the janky gameplay. I've seen it labeled "Dark Souls + real world capitalism" - can get behind that, though I also see this as an evolution of the coin-op gameplay mentality, where you know, know, know you're going to die -- but will you pay to Continue?

Oh, also took my level 2 character into about the third room, where a level 8 Hater (revenant Player Character corpse) shivved me hard which, balance wise, was going to be a challenge even if I knew what I was doing. I'm not averse to unfair fights in games, and liked that aspect of Dark Souls' cemetery just off the starting area, but this was a one-off, and didn't seem clever as much as aberrant.

Anyway, I can tell you, I'm not done yet, but I won't be dumping a bunch of quarters into this one.

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #28896 on: December 09, 2016, 09:46:10 PM »
I played a bunch of games on the NES Classic today. I am cool guy numero juan.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #28897 on: December 10, 2016, 10:24:15 AM »
I played some Devil's Crush on the Turbo, Lumo on PS4, and Rez Infinite.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #28898 on: December 10, 2016, 02:08:41 PM »
Chronovore will be happy.  Finally used a USB stick and uploaded a bunch of Watch Dogs 2 photos instead of off-screen photo quality.
(lots of images of Virtual SF below)

[close]

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #28899 on: December 10, 2016, 03:26:50 PM »
Bought Farsight's Stern Pinball on Xbox last night. AC/DC is ok, Star Trek sucks. The rest of the tables are available in Pinball Arcade except maybe Mustang.

I can't believe I gave money to Farsight again.
rub

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #28900 on: December 10, 2016, 08:31:47 PM »
Chronovore will be happy.  Finally used a USB stick and uploaded a bunch of Watch Dogs 2 photos instead of off-screen photo quality.
(lots of images of Virtual SF below)

[close]

Those are gorgeous. So atmospheric. It feels like the Bay Area in spades.

Too bad about the polygonal clipping in the otherwise-poetically gangsta final screenshot.

Bebpo

« Reply #28901 on: December 12, 2016, 05:37:23 AM »
Hit the final dungeon in Persona 5, still really happy with it.  Game is definitely longer than P3 & P4, just a question of how many dozen hours longer.  I beat P3 & P4 around 70-80 hours each and I haven't really wasted much time in P5 and it's gonna be either 90 hours, 100 hours, or 100+ hours for the main story.  Will be up there with DQVII as one of the longest jrpgs of all time.  Surprisingly enough it has almost no filler at all too.  Unless you count watching people's social link stories or stat upgrading filler.

Just checked howlongtobeat and it says:
P3 main story average is 85 hours (P3P is 69 hours), P4 main story average is 75 hours, P5 main story average is 110 hours (P5 doesn't have many users polled though)
[close]

I mean, if you want to know why the game is taking so long to come out in English, that's a lot of time and like 50% of it is voiced.  Plus they're actually trying to have good VA so it probably takes longer.  But yeah, when it does come out in English, basically free up 2-3 months of gaming time :P  It's going to take me about 3 months, but I did play a lot of other stuff at the same time too (including a couple rpgs). 

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #28902 on: December 12, 2016, 12:10:05 PM »
GF has been playing the Uncharted Collection on PS4 recently.

1 is about exactly what I remembered but 2 surprised me a lot in how well the graphics hold up. Upressed and cleaned up it looks better than most current PS4 games.
nat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28903 on: December 12, 2016, 08:29:10 PM »
I've been playing Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero this week since Wayforward finally sent out keys to all the Kickstarter backers [the official release is still a week or two away] and it's really good. Beautiful cartoon graphics [2D animated characters on a 2.5D background], great soundtrack from Virt, simple but fun gameplay, very responsive controls. The other Shantae games were alright, but clearly held back by being on portable hardware, but they finally got to go all-out this time and it's really paid off.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28904 on: December 13, 2016, 09:31:39 AM »
I've been playing Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero this week since Wayforward finally sent out keys to all the Kickstarter backers [the official release is still a week or two away] and it's really good. Beautiful cartoon graphics [2D animated characters on a 2.5D background], great soundtrack from Virt, simple but fun gameplay, very responsive controls. The other Shantae games were alright, but clearly held back by being on portable hardware, but they finally got to go all-out this time and it's really paid off.

It comes out next week.

Am looking forward to playing this.  From what I'm seeing, it's more like a Mega Man game now and less Metroidvania, correct?

I have yet to play through any of the previous games.  Could never decide on a platform to play them on.   :lol
ど助平

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #28905 on: December 13, 2016, 02:21:40 PM »
Finally had a chance to play NHL 17 online last night against my brother - it's a good game and the shots have gone way down. Passing is still too difficult when you have a defense that plays at 100% pressure.

For being the only game in town they are at least putting good effort into the game.
rub

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28906 on: December 13, 2016, 04:30:59 PM »
From what I'm seeing, it's more like a Mega Man game now and less Metroidvania, correct?

It's got a hub area where you fast-travel from to the different levels, instead of them all being interconnected. The levels have a ton of secrets, though, and most of them take items and transformations that you get later on in order to obtain, so it definitely encourages replaying levels multiple times.
dog

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #28907 on: December 13, 2016, 10:09:29 PM »
Started Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice. First case was pretty entertaining

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #28908 on: December 13, 2016, 11:26:52 PM »
I forgot I bought that.
rub

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #28909 on: December 14, 2016, 12:43:57 AM »
MAD MAX is improving into a neat open-world game with several interesting and integrated gameplay elements. The separation between car and on-foot combat is pretty good. I'm still not happy with the non-Arkham, non-Sleeping Dogs timing required for melee combat, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I got my clock cleaned by Warboys while raiding a few Camps, but last night I cleared 3 of them and even had my first actual boss fight. Car combat is a bit more fun than my early efforts as well. I've taken down a couple caravans with only level-two mods on Max's car.

Now that I understand most of the game's systems, I can see the edge of the mental space where I'll eventually get bored of the cycle. But I'm not there yet, and I am still happy I picked it up.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #28910 on: December 14, 2016, 11:14:37 AM »
On like chapter 7 or something in FFXV, have to get the part for Cid's ship up north in the swamps.

Also been playing a tiny bit of DQ7 3DS, up to the town with all the people transformed into animals.
^_^

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #28911 on: December 19, 2016, 07:33:15 PM »
Gurumin, found a Japanese voice patch.  :rejoice :uguu :expert

This game is so wacky jappy!  :lawd
[close]

Xanadu Next, beat the first dungeon really digging this so far but man do I need to fix the graphics though played it on default settings and it is pretty fugly!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:20:52 AM by D3RANG3D »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #28912 on: December 20, 2016, 09:13:07 AM »
Resident Evil 4 still holds up.
nat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #28913 on: December 20, 2016, 10:43:22 PM »
Been trying to go back to some classic DOS games again. Most times I'm just turned off by how archaic and/or clunky they are. This time I tried Betrayal at Krondor, Master of Magic and Lands of Lore. Only Lands of Lore stuck and since it's not too long I might actually finish it. A lighthearted dungeon crawler that's fast, easy to get into (automap <3) and it still looks pretty. Westwood were wizards.

Bebpo

« Reply #28914 on: December 21, 2016, 05:16:02 AM »
Finished Persona 5 at 101 hours.  It's such a long story overall it's very good, but it's not quite amazing (just talking about story).  It's just so long that there's some downs that kind of prevent it from being a completely satisfying one of a kind tale from start to finish.  But the whole thing is well written and some of the narrative arcs are fantastic.  Overall it's definitely the best Persona game in the series, and the best story overall but P3 still has the best endgame story.  I think P5's story is the strongest about in the middle when it's an adventure and each arc is meeting new party members and their story.  The overall connecting plot is a bit light and just alright in the end, but the arcs within are really satisfying.  Gameplay is fantastic; much better than P3/P4 in every single way except the difficulty since it's kinda easy.  The challenge finally kicked in about 85 hours into the game and the last 15 hours are awesome intense megaten gameplay.  The rest is fine and the dungeons are occasionally a bit dull because it's just going through motions, but being actual designed dungeons instead of random dungeons is great and there's just so much content.  Also feels more adult and grown up in every area, like this is the college-era Persona sequel everyone wanted.  Probably give it like a 9.5/10.  Just like Hitman 2016 it's really great but it's not that 10/10 masterpiece game where you walk away and are 100% satisfied and everything was perfect.  But it's rare we get a year where there are games like that imo, from what I played 2016 didn't have one of those (unless it's Overwatch, which it might be from what I hear, but I haven't played).

Himu

« Reply #28915 on: December 21, 2016, 02:43:23 PM »

It's the best game ever made. The perfect comedic dialogue, the reload animations, the pacing, the enemies, the boss fights, the customization and amount of options/play styles available, Mercenaries, one of the best hard modes ever made in Professional mode, the unlockables and how they interact between Mercs and story mode, the atmosphere, the intro, the death animation.

Best

Game

Ever

Made

I've bought it on...gc, wii, ps3, 360 and have cleared it at least 25 times, no hyperbole. I still haven't gotten the ps4 version but when I do, I will have at least 5-7 new runs added. So that will have been 30+ times.

Morir es vivir.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 03:08:04 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #28916 on: December 21, 2016, 07:25:09 PM »
Wait, are you secretly also CVXfreak?

Himu

« Reply #28917 on: December 21, 2016, 07:27:44 PM »
No but and I must be on the right side of gaming history apparently

CV sux and he wouldn't read a word when I said that :lol
[close]
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #28918 on: December 22, 2016, 05:53:52 PM »
MAD MAX reaching saturation at this point. Bebs called it, 100% – it's the same four activities over-and-over. I will not be playing this to completion. I will likely play just enough to finish the story missions. I want to end this title while I'm still having fun, but that horizon is fast approaching. It also suffers from the Arkham / Shadow of Mordor problem where the game is at its most difficult at the outset, due to power creep on the player-character.

ffs I said it was pretty good

what more do you want from me

Man, seriously: Why do you care? I'm pretty sure you're just being lightly trolled right now. Who cares what any of us think? Find some peace in yourself!

Himu

« Reply #28919 on: December 22, 2016, 06:39:33 PM »

It's the best game ever made.

Not really.

But it's pretty good.

I think the last half or last third it kinda lost a little steam.

Last half has the castle which is amazing, the island which is even more amazing. The fight with krauser. Amaze.

Perfect pacing. The lab! Miiiiiiike!

It makes sense you wouldn't think it's all that. After all....you're just small time. :gladbron
IYKYK