Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3558764 times)

Boredfrom

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #29520 on: June 23, 2017, 11:13:16 PM »
no but i'm saying psn won't let me purchase the expansion

You need to buy Taken King first

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #29521 on: June 23, 2017, 11:21:39 PM »
i have taken king and beat it back at release. i've been checking psn for rise of iron sales but it only ever shows the fucking collection. dunno whats wrong but whatever, i figure the games prolly pretty dead at this point anyways.
pcp

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #29522 on: June 24, 2017, 01:02:18 PM »
How did I never play Kirby Air Ride? Game is fun

etiolate

« Reply #29523 on: June 25, 2017, 01:36:42 AM »
Playing Hollow Knight. Got it on Steam sale.

Really liking it. Best 2d metroidvania since Axiom Verge. It's a bit more like Castlevania because of the sword combat, but it captures a lot of what makes the formula work with an interesting world and art style. I love that there's various levels of challenges along the path if you want to seek them out. You can explore and find difficult platforming or mini-bosses. You can follow the story direct to the next main boss. You can farm the currency to upgrade. Got a good bit of variety in the play experience options.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #29524 on: June 25, 2017, 02:37:27 AM »
How did I never play Kirby Air Ride? Game is fun

i have almost 100 gamecube games and i dont even own this LUL
fat

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #29525 on: June 25, 2017, 09:57:34 AM »
It's p fun

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #29526 on: June 25, 2017, 12:34:21 PM »
Playing Dishonored 2 and wow such a great game so far. A big improvement on the first game so far.
What

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #29527 on: June 29, 2017, 04:38:46 PM »
Got Anno 2070 on the Steam sale. Holy shit it's a big change from 1404-1701.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #29528 on: June 29, 2017, 08:43:08 PM »
About to finish Persona 5 and got a 4 day weekend coming up which means it's time to dig into Trails in the Sky: The 3rd. Quickly becoming one of my all time favorite RPG franchises.
^_^

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #29529 on: June 29, 2017, 09:15:42 PM »
buddy got me PUBG, pretty good game.

Bulleta©™®

• is probably playing some game
« Reply #29530 on: June 29, 2017, 09:33:00 PM »
Stream it if you can, that is a fun game to watch. I'm just gonna finish P4 then work on my 4 Job Fiesta. Will probably play other crap over the weekend while drinking, as per usual.

Bulleta©™®

« Reply #29531 on: June 29, 2017, 10:37:08 PM »
Actually I'm gonna do Drinktroid and play other old crap instead tonight. Contra, etc. Dunno what else.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

FatalT

« Reply #29533 on: June 30, 2017, 03:10:31 AM »
Get Even is a surprisingly fun FPS with some genre-blending mixed in. It reminded me of Condemned meets Inception.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #29534 on: June 30, 2017, 04:12:14 AM »
my first pubg memory and yes that is me cackling like an idiot at the end
Man I really want PUGB but already have too many games to finish. Such a struggle.

archie4208

« Reply #29535 on: June 30, 2017, 08:51:22 AM »
I got the Crash remakes on PS4.  The first game has aged far worse than I remember.  Nostalgia.  :fbm

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #29536 on: June 30, 2017, 08:53:42 AM »
Could be the remake itself. Crash Bandicoot is lit, best games on my Vita
fat

archie4208

« Reply #29537 on: June 30, 2017, 10:57:29 AM »
You may be right.  It feels really loose and sometimes like I'm perpetually walking on ice.  I've played a bit more and am getting acclimated to the controls, so it isn't as bad as my previous post suggests.

FatalT

« Reply #29538 on: June 30, 2017, 09:16:56 PM »
You may be right.  It feels really loose and sometimes like I'm perpetually walking on ice.  I've played a bit more and am getting acclimated to the controls, so it isn't as bad as my previous post suggests.

I'm afraid to get it because I picked up the new Ratchet and Clank since it's on super sale. The graphics are gorgeous and it runs like butter. I'm afraid to go back to the clunky-ness of the original Crash games but I know I'd enjoy them because of nostalgia.

Bulleta©™®

« Reply #29539 on: July 01, 2017, 07:03:30 PM »
I (drunkenly) agreed to play Metroid Fusion for the 2nd time ever tonight. Oh god why.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #29540 on: July 01, 2017, 07:15:24 PM »
:|

the game has its flaws but dammit...
pcp

Bulleta©™®

« Reply #29541 on: July 01, 2017, 07:29:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure my biggest gripe about it is that goddamn computer stopping to talk every 5 minutes. Linearity I'm ok with (AM2R is one of my favorites and is linear), but all the pauses from Adumb are what made it something I never wanted to bother with a second time.

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #29542 on: July 01, 2017, 08:08:50 PM »
Could be the remake itself. Crash Bandicoot is lit, best games on my Vita

Crash definitely holds up. OG trilogy is thicc.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #29543 on: July 01, 2017, 09:08:21 PM »
I'm pretty sure my biggest gripe about it is that goddamn computer stopping to talk every 5 minutes. Linearity I'm ok with (AM2R is one of my favorites and is linear), but all the pauses from Adumb are what made it something I never wanted to bother with a second time.

i mean i agree with you there. i was so mad when the international version added extras but didn't put a single-button skip option for the story scenes. otherwise its a great game imo.
pcp

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #29544 on: July 02, 2017, 11:32:14 AM »
Yeah, Crash is pretty awesome.

These godamn bridge stages though  >:(

Raist

« Reply #29545 on: July 02, 2017, 04:40:20 PM »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #29546 on: July 03, 2017, 02:14:58 AM »
I never actually finished the Crash games so I'm interested in picking up the trilogy... how are the remasters? Did they fuck anything up or is it pretty accurate to the originals?

I finally beat P5 after 110 hours... man, that ending took FOREVER and it was late and I nearly fell asleep at the end. When you have a save point in the midst of the ending, then you know your ending is too long...

Then I started TITS the 3rd. It's great so far, though it seems more like an 'omake' game where you see what happens to the cast of the first 2 games after the events of SC, while they all gather together to explore an alternate dimension dungeon.

^_^

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #29547 on: July 03, 2017, 02:27:41 AM »
Bought a bunch of games on steam today. One of which was Dead Cells.

It's yet another roguelike, metroidvania game but it's a fucking good one of those.  :doge
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 02:36:09 AM by Atramental »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #29548 on: July 03, 2017, 03:50:32 PM »
Been playing Stardew Valley, it's pretty okay, does a decent job keeping me spergin on. I've been ignoring all the villagers and mostly mining and fishing, working towards getting the minecarts up and running I suppose right now

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #29549 on: July 03, 2017, 05:58:06 PM »
Started, re-started, and abandoned Yakuza Zero. Details in the official thread.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #29550 on: July 03, 2017, 07:00:37 PM »
Now that the Crash games are popular again can we all agree that while Naughty Dog's Crash games are by far the best, Crash Twinsanity is worth playing in it's own right?

i didnt play any after warped. i also never completed a crash game 100%.... these remakes do look incredible.
◕‿◕

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #29551 on: July 04, 2017, 12:05:04 PM »
Been playing this cute prop hunt game lately called Witch It. Played the beta too, and now it's in Early Access. Pretty fun with friends, especially over voice chat.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/559650/Witch_It/

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #29552 on: July 04, 2017, 08:21:54 PM »
Just bought Rogue Legacy for 3 buxx, gonna check it out :yeshrug

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #29553 on: July 04, 2017, 09:04:51 PM »
Retro City Rampage is less than $3 on the USA PSN sale right now, so I got in on that. It's pretty much everything I expected and hoped for. Plenty of giggles, cameos, and a top-down GTA game where the player can butt-bounce enemies and jump over police cars.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #29554 on: July 04, 2017, 10:01:08 PM »

rouge legacy is addicting and awesome great buy
pcp

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #29555 on: July 04, 2017, 10:01:32 PM »
I loved that shit. It's not super challenging but I liked it's take on roguelikes a lot more than a lot I've tried

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #29556 on: July 04, 2017, 11:07:06 PM »
Tokyo Xanadu
Like a budget Persona with Ys combat. I've only played it a little bit, but it seems okay.

Kirby: Planet Robobot
It's still basically Kirby, but now with mechs. Actually pretty fun. I've cleared the first two worlds.

Crash Bandicoot HD
Oh shit, dat difficulty spike when you get to Native Fortress. I've blown through about 20 lives on this level, time to git gud. :lol

Binding of Isaac Afterbirth +
Took me a while to adjust to the gamepad, but I feel like I'm getting decent again. After about 25 hours, I've finally unlocked the Chest. Haven't done any challenges or Greed mode yet (expect once as Azazel to unlock Lilith). I've gotten two Delirium kills.
©@©™

archie4208

« Reply #29557 on: July 05, 2017, 06:43:13 AM »
Crash Bandicoot HD
Oh shit, dat difficulty spike when you get to Native Fortress. I've blown through about 20 lives on this level, time to git gud. :lol

Breh I spent about 2 hours trying to get the gold relic on The High Road.  My fucking left thumb is sore.  :maf

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #29558 on: July 05, 2017, 07:45:01 AM »
Only Gold?  :donot
fat

archie4208

« Reply #29559 on: July 05, 2017, 09:39:07 AM »
That's all you need for the trophy. 

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #29560 on: July 05, 2017, 09:41:22 AM »
Stay basic, my dude
fat

FatalT

« Reply #29561 on: July 05, 2017, 10:08:04 AM »
I'm on my second playthrough Challenge run of Ratchet and Clank on PS4. Probably halfway done but I'm tempted to platinum it. The grind is enjoyable with the bolt multiplier bonus for not getting hit but I know the hover board race times are going to give me trouble.

archie4208

« Reply #29562 on: July 05, 2017, 01:41:34 PM »

I'm never playing Crash 1 again.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #29563 on: July 05, 2017, 03:11:37 PM »
Rogue Legacy is rad. Should I be worried about the price creep? I can usually afford to buy something but every few rounds I beef it and get worried that I'm setting myself up for a difficult grind

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #29564 on: July 05, 2017, 06:13:56 PM »
played crash 1 (up to pinstripe) today and I'm not terribly fond of it. jumping on stuff is tedious tbh, it's often hard to judge distances away from the screen and some times I slip off edges in ways that feel inconsistent. Also don't like how all I got is a jump and a spin. The slide is super useful the later games and would have been v nice to have here as well, and the belly splat, although not as useful, is v fun and sorely missed too. Prolly just moving on to crash2 tomorrow instead of finishing up 1 first.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #29565 on: July 05, 2017, 06:22:07 PM »
played crash 1 (up to pinstripe) today and I'm not terribly fond of it. jumping on stuff is tedious tbh, it's often hard to judge distances away from the screen and some times I slip off edges in ways that feel inconsistent. Also don't like how all I got is a jump and a spin. The slide is super useful the later games and would have been v nice to have here as well, and the belly splat, although not as useful, is v fun and sorely missed too. Prolly just moving on to crash2 tomorrow instead of finishing up 1 first.
This might be why:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-04-fans-may-know-why-jumping-is-harder-in-the-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #29566 on: July 05, 2017, 06:55:01 PM »
that's interesting, I wouldn't have guessed pill shaped hitboxes were a thing. I also heard someone talk about the jump being sped up which made some jumps harder, but I'm too casual of a crash bandicooter to notice prolly.

(side note: the article name-checking unity is corny (did vicarious visions even use it?). ppl who read game sites are way too hung up on 'game engines' in all sorts of weird ways and they shouldn't be catered to like this.)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #29567 on: July 05, 2017, 06:58:48 PM »
This might be why:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-04-fans-may-know-why-jumping-is-harder-in-the-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy

From TFA:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DingDongVG/status/881967130110943239

Apparently, Vicarious Visions had to rebuild the entire game from scratch due to the source code not being available. Even if they get all of the landscape pixel perfect, or if those assets still remain, it's clear they have messed with the player character metrics, which will of course change the game considerably.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #29568 on: July 05, 2017, 10:48:13 PM »

Started this 2 weeks ago. I'm on chapter 5 and I've just unlocked Real Estate Royale.

etiolate

« Reply #29569 on: July 05, 2017, 11:16:37 PM »
Picked up Elite Dangerous and playing it.

The game is way more complicated than it needs to be at every turn. It's taking forever to do one mission because of how many steps are needed just to get around and land somewhere. Getting pretty annoyed.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #29570 on: July 05, 2017, 11:22:17 PM »
lol elite dangerous is rad. Buy a docking computer.

etiolate

« Reply #29571 on: July 06, 2017, 05:10:21 AM »
Yeah this game needs a refinement at the start. You can see the systems and all, but docking is enough a pain to turn most away on its own.

BDO had a similar problem but they refined the beginner experience over time.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #29572 on: July 06, 2017, 09:43:28 AM »
Elite is purposefully designed to be that way. It's a light-simulator. Having to do everything manually is the intention of the design.

It's like going into the DCS games and being annoyed you have to go through a start-up procedure to get your plane engine started.
nat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #29573 on: July 06, 2017, 09:47:37 AM »

Started this 2 weeks ago. I'm on chapter 5 and I've just unlocked Real Estate Royale.

I re-re-started it due to a conversation with QoI, and am up to Chapter 3 now. Absolutely loving the Osaka "Sontenbori" location so far. It's modeled on one of the places I hang out frequently, Dontonbori. It was also in the movie Black Rain. The actor doing Majima's voice has got a good Kansai dialect, but there are some out-of-place actors trying it as well.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #29574 on: July 06, 2017, 01:19:53 PM »
Yeah this game needs a refinement at the start. You can see the systems and all, but docking is enough a pain to turn most away on its own.

BDO had a similar problem but they refined the beginner experience over time.

Did you skip the training? I think simplifying it would make it a different game. Besides, you can get around it for cheap with a module that's widely available

etiolate

« Reply #29575 on: July 06, 2017, 01:50:33 PM »
So far the module has not been for sale in any station I've been to and now I'm dealing with other issues in the game. I can understand pure sim for pure sim's sake if you're a single player game designed just to sim. But Elite is something different from that and requires more hassle-free approaches due to it. The existence of the landing module is evidence that its adequate by default.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #29576 on: July 06, 2017, 11:08:41 PM »
lol elite dangerous is rad. Buy a docking computer.

Even a lowly worm like etoilet should have enough dignity to not use a DC

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #29577 on: July 07, 2017, 12:17:25 AM »
Picked up Dragon Quest Builders. Oh god, I'm in trouble.

Also tried Demon's Souls again. I feel like I'm too old, or my reflexes are too bad for this game. Alas! Gone are the days where I could rule battletoads!
que

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #29578 on: July 07, 2017, 07:21:47 AM »
demon souls is the slowest of those games, and it is quite slow, so reflexes shouldn't be that much of an issue. Probably just adopting a slower pace is a better way of dealing with that game.  And tbh for all the improvements in the later games the only one that would make demon souls better is replacing the grass with estus flasks so you can't end up in situations where you have to grind for health restore items.

Raist

« Reply #29579 on: July 07, 2017, 07:53:38 AM »
Parrying window is MUCH tighter in Demon's than in later games, where it's been quite extended.