Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 1324186 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #32220 on: March 05, 2018, 12:15:29 PM »
People think they're cool for hating Fallout 4, but they're not.
©@©™

« Reply #32221 on: March 05, 2018, 12:54:42 PM »
3 and Revenge often get overlooked for Criterion's sound design compared to their graphical wizardy which really helped convey that speed

in Revenge (I forget if it's one of the holdovers from 3) there's a course that takes you past a bunch of docked boats/jetskis/canoes/etc. and it really sounds like the wind is interacting with each one as you fly through it, especially on Xbox with its extra sound if available

that's just one of the most extreme areas, but most of the courses use it very well, Paradise seemed like a step back in that regard, though the Need for Burnout games did bring some of that back at times

In 3 this happens when you get past other cars, rivals or traffic. There's barely any other objects you can interact with in the tracks but it's still cool to go fast in the middle of traffic. Gotta play Revenge sometime too

Also just found out that Criterion hasn't even released a game since NFS Most Wanted in 2012, and since then has just provided additional work to other EA games like Battlefield and Battlefront and shit.

So I guess they're next on EA's list :goldberg Though it's better if it goes out like this instead of having EA abuse the franchise for a decade

I'm a Puppy!

• Moo Moo Motherfuckers
« Reply #32222 on: March 05, 2018, 01:29:30 PM »
Might and Magic X was a good time, but towards the end I just stopped caring. When I would get to a boss and everything had to shifted around. After a while I was just like, "Eh, I've enjoyed this game enough." And stopped. Still, we need more games like it.
que

HardcoreRetro

• Mayor of New Donk City
« Reply #32223 on: March 05, 2018, 02:07:37 PM »

Fuck, I better get rid of my t-shirt that says:
"Fallout 4 is a piece of trash.
#CoolKids4Lyfe"

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #32224 on: March 05, 2018, 02:10:19 PM »
u shud
©@©™

Spieler1

« Reply #32225 on: March 05, 2018, 03:09:31 PM »
3 and Revenge often get overlooked for Criterion's sound design compared to their graphical wizardy which really helped convey that speed

in Revenge (I forget if it's one of the holdovers from 3) there's a course that takes you past a bunch of docked boats/jetskis/canoes/etc. and it really sounds like the wind is interacting with each one as you fly through it, especially on Xbox with its extra sound if available

that's just one of the most extreme areas, but most of the courses use it very well, Paradise seemed like a step back in that regard, though the Need for Burnout games did bring some of that back at times

In 3 this happens when you get past other cars, rivals or traffic. There's barely any other objects you can interact with in the tracks but it's still cool to go fast in the middle of traffic. Gotta play Revenge sometime too

Also just found out that Criterion hasn't even released a game since NFS Most Wanted in 2012, and since then has just provided additional work to other EA games like Battlefield and Battlefront and shit.

So I guess they're next on EA's list :goldberg Though it's better if it goes out like this instead of having EA abuse the franchise for a decade

Apparently they also still made Rivals, which I just ordered for a fiver. People say it lacks variety, but it's not like you got any options for racing games this generation... and after LTTP Burnout, I could get really get some more arcade racing. (Also some people hate the open world, but I enjoyed Criterion's Most Wanted)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:15:35 PM by Spieler1 »

« Reply #32226 on: March 05, 2018, 03:28:14 PM »
Rivals was developed by Ghost Games, which I just found includes a bunch of ex-Criterion staff among others. They went to make the other two recent NSF games; I haven't played a NSF since the 2005 Most Wanted but it seems they weren't very well received.

However the founders of Criterion left them due to EA relocating all their staff to Ghost and went on to found another studio called Three Fields. They made a game that is a spiritual sequel to Burnout

except it's only the crash mode

Well. Maybe they'll get around to a racer eventually

Spieler1

« Reply #32227 on: March 05, 2018, 03:35:21 PM »
Rivals I see listed as a Criterion/Ghost joint everywhere... and it generally looks like Hot Pursuit/Most Wanted. Either way, I think that's the first (non-sim) racer I get this generation other than Mario Kart. The genre is the new 3D platformers.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:39:43 PM by Spieler1 »

Valkyrie

« Reply #32228 on: March 05, 2018, 03:57:51 PM »
Played some Vermintide 2 today, seems fun so far. Not much of an opinion yet I guess, I'll have to play some with friends instead of randoms for a better time probably.

toku

• 𝖆 𝖈𝖔𝖔𝖑 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖒 𝖈𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖚𝖗
« Reply #32229 on: March 05, 2018, 04:57:43 PM »
Played some Vermintide 2 today, seems fun so far. Not much of an opinion yet I guess, I'll have to play some with friends instead of randoms for a better time probably.

good game
沢山特別

porkbun

« Reply #32230 on: March 05, 2018, 05:01:39 PM »

Apparently they also still made Rivals, which I just ordered for a fiver. People say it lacks variety, but it's not like you got any options for racing games this generation... and after LTTP Burnout, I could get really get some more arcade racing. (Also some people hate the open world, but I enjoyed Criterion's Most Wanted)

The actual racing in Rivals is fun but the open world is extremely bland and the always online component is pure jank and leads to single player  races being dropped for no good reason.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #32231 on: March 05, 2018, 06:52:52 PM »
Taking a bit of a staycation in 2 weeks, may try to catass the first Cold Steel game, or play a Tales game (haven't played anything in the series past Graces). Now that I'm done with Xenoblade 2, I'll probably try to finish Metroid Samus Returns and those last few moons in Odyssey before I commit to anything new.
HOUSE

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #32232 on: March 06, 2018, 03:41:00 AM »
I still haven't started New Vegas. :-[
Hi

benjipwns

• Boycotting Sony's Fascist Bigotry Since 2007
« Reply #32233 on: March 07, 2018, 04:01:45 AM »
Criterion initially split into two studios, the group that wanted to keep making NFS branded racing titles to meet EA's schedule went over to Ghost to do that, a rump group with Alex Ward and many other founders was still at Criterion to do other games. But they and EA agreed that it probably made more sense for them to just go independent as they didn't fit into EA's model, and that's Three Fields, which started with DANGEROUS GOLF which is the Crash Mode as a Golf Game full of silly, then Danger Zone is basically the same exact thing but with cars and other appropriate models replacing it and not as silly and less interesting as a result.

Criterion was then reworked as an EA support studio. With their only "full" projects being stuff like the Paradise re-release. So their brand/logo will still show up on EA titles.

Speaking of which they announced that Paradise Remastered is indeed coming to PC.

Ghost Games is sorta interesting too as they are part of that reshuffling of all the UK racing game developers so they could reform and make spiritual sequel racing games. A lot of people that weren't attached to Microsoft or Codemasters including places EA dumped like Black Box. Especially in the wake of the Motorstorm and Test Drive Unlimited fall outs. Other examples being Project CARS and Ubisoft's The Crew.
meow.

Rufus

• 🍕
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
« Reply #32234 on: March 07, 2018, 02:49:44 PM »
:smug
Pretty easy to do though, outside of the last mission. And as it turns out, Ghost isn't game-wide, which I hadn't realized until now...

The game is gorgeous, level design is tight [insert vent crawling joke] and full of options and hidden goodies, as usual, but on the whole it felt incomplete. I didn't tally the numbers, but it seems smaller than the first game. It didn't strictly need a 2nd HUB (or a 3rd, as was planned for Human Revolution), but it sure felt like Golem City was meant to be one at some point. Missed opportunity, given that it's the grimiest, cyber-punkiest area of the game. Plot wise: So many questions (and a mid-credits twist on top), so few answers. Sure feels like a middle chapter.

Also, the incredibly long credits made my GPU fans spin faster than the game ever did. Wtf kind of codec did they use? ???
¦3

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #32235 on: March 07, 2018, 10:46:59 PM »
Started Nier: Automata, and while I really like the mechanics, it froze twice and then I died at the first boss and I can't say I'm looking forward to playing through the opening half hour a fourth time

« Reply #32236 on: March 07, 2018, 11:54:37 PM »
Did you get it on PC? The port is terrible and there's a fan patch that fixes most of it

archie4208

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
« Reply #32237 on: March 08, 2018, 07:04:37 AM »
I beat Ys 8.  Didn't get the super duper true ending, but that's why god created YouTube.

(Image removed from quote.) :smug
Pretty easy to do though, outside of the last mission. And as it turns out, Ghost isn't game-wide, which I hadn't realized until now...

The game is gorgeous, level design is tight [insert vent crawling joke] and full of options and hidden goodies, as usual, but on the whole it felt incomplete. I didn't tally the numbers, but it seems smaller than the first game. It didn't strictly need a 2nd HUB (or a 3rd, as was planned for Human Revolution), but it sure felt like Golem City was meant to be one at some point. Missed opportunity, given that it's the grimiest, cyber-punkiest area of the game. Plot wise: So many questions (and a mid-credits twist on top), so few answers. Sure feels like a middle chapter.

Also, the incredibly long credits made my GPU fans spin faster than the game ever did. Wtf kind of codec did they use? ???
You made better use of that key than me.  I would have beat the first level and never touched it again (kinda like what I did with the PS+ version :doge)

kingv

« Reply #32238 on: March 08, 2018, 02:01:22 PM »
Did you get it on PC? The port is terrible and there's a fan patch that fixes most of it

That port really is bad. Though I didn’t have any crash  problems. I played it mostly without the fan patch, even though it letterboxes the damn game.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #32239 on: March 08, 2018, 03:23:59 PM »
DLing the patch now, thanks for the heads up

Premium Lager

• Wladimir Putin ja cie prosze, don't push that button, pazalsta Wladimir
« Reply #32240 on: March 09, 2018, 08:14:45 AM »

Its a shit game, like all Bethesda rpgs.

Fallout 3 was good I guess, but maybe only because it brought Fallout back.

Can anyone legit say ZZkyrim, Oblivion or Fallout 4 are good? Don't think so.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #32241 on: March 09, 2018, 09:43:17 AM »
The writing in Fallout 4 is actually better compared to what Bethesda managed before. It's still rather mediocre and a far cry from the Black Isle days, or compared to what Obsidian did in NV, but way better than the shitty fan fiction drivel they fabricated in F3.

Also, the game looked nice and had good atmosphere. Gameplay was okay and some of the quests were more than decent (tho lots of copypasta shit too).

It's a decent game overall  :yeshrug

Spieler1

« Reply #32242 on: March 09, 2018, 04:52:38 PM »
Can't stop playing Burnout Legends.  >:(

I'm a Puppy!

• Moo Moo Motherfuckers
« Reply #32243 on: March 09, 2018, 06:05:37 PM »
I never got into Fallout despite many attempts (played through a chunk of 3 and a huge chunk of NV) but I just always felt like it was "1940s music and Brown: The game"
que

eleuin

« Reply #32244 on: March 09, 2018, 11:32:32 PM »
Bloodborne

Finally beat Ludwig after maybe 25 deaths  :whew

Albeit it shouldn't have been that hard when I juiced vitality to 50 but goddamn

The Orphan boss is supposed to be harder than this?  :mjcry

Borys

• CAPTAIN OF XBOX DEATH SQUAD
« Reply #32245 on: March 10, 2018, 03:13:49 AM »
Ludwig is actually pretty easy. The only danger is surviving the first phase. He is consistent, readable.

BTW here's Lobos Jr beating Ludwig on NG+7 with bare fists only:

Orphan is a motherfucker, though. He has these attacks that hit close to him and far from him so you have to learn which is which and punish him when he does the far attack. He is incredibly fast. My only advice that worked for me is: when it gets REALLY TOUGH (you will know it :) ) just stay on his ass constantly and attack relentlessly.

Spieler1

« Reply #32246 on: March 10, 2018, 05:59:01 AM »
Orphan of Kos was the only boss for which I raged.

eleuin

« Reply #32247 on: March 10, 2018, 03:35:23 PM »
Yeah I have a bad habit of trying to heal too quickly after getting clipped
Seeing shit like that fist vid and this just confirms it

It was a slow learning process, finding out how to reliably dodge the charge, the jump and that aoe windup
Then it was just putting it together and not choking

Might change from the cane, I run out of patience and try to attack too many times

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #32248 on: March 10, 2018, 05:39:32 PM »
Trying the TERA beta. Better than Neverwinter. Wish FF14 would come to Live.
fat

archnemesis

« Reply #32249 on: March 11, 2018, 04:54:11 AM »

Nex Machina is another excellent twin stick shoot 'em up from the studio behind Super Stardust. I haven't played that much of it, but it clicked with me immediately.

Everything about Mighty No. 9 is incredibly dull. I gave it a second try, but I'd rather play one of the 120 Mega Man games I haven't tried yet.

My SO came into the living room when I was trying out Rime and thought I was playing the cat-bird-dog-game again. The level design and character animation isn't on par with Team Ico, but I will probably revisit it for the pretty scenery and relaxing vistas.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #32250 on: March 11, 2018, 12:42:24 PM »
Dead by Daylight is pretty fun.

Rufus

• 🍕
« Reply #32251 on: March 11, 2018, 02:36:05 PM »
I've watched some people stream it last year. They persistently complained about 'infinites', i.e. places in the level where the would be survivors could juke the killer indefinitely.
¦3

Svejk

« Reply #32252 on: March 11, 2018, 03:25:18 PM »
Finished Chapter 3: Once upon a Climb, of King's Quest.  Kudos to The Odd Gentlemen on their effort on this game.  It absolutely bursts at the seams with charm.   Good family friendly entertainment that practically rivals Disney, IMO.  Chapter 2 was a bit of a slog, but totally worth it for Chapter 3.  Not even sure  how the next 2 chapters will top it, but kids and i are excited to see where it goes from here.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 10:44:30 PM by Svejk »

Stro

« Reply #32253 on: March 11, 2018, 06:05:57 PM »
I played Dragon Ball Z Fighter. It was fun even though I have never seen a single ep of any Dragon Ball anything.

I also played Monster Hunter World and was so fed up before the first quest I already hated it, then played the quest and it was clunky bullshit. Fuck MHW.

MMaRsu

« Reply #32254 on: March 12, 2018, 09:02:09 AM »

f4 is garbage tho

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #32255 on: March 12, 2018, 03:35:00 PM »
Just do2nloaded YSVIII for PS4 :hype
:9

MMaRsu

« Reply #32256 on: March 13, 2018, 09:56:46 AM »
Fallout 4

OMG get this what happened during my 1 hour play session.

So I am mapping the NE Boston part (Old Church, Cabot's House etc.) near water/ docks. And I see some containers and military tanks on a docked boat. I get there: boom! a full set of Power Armor T51. Much more powerful than the tutorial one (T45).

Alright, I put it back in my Workbench as I do not use PAs. (Have 18 Fusion Cores stocked already).

A bit south of this area I found a non-tagged building - Court 35. After couple of minutes I end up on the roof. Umm... I have to face (I'm LVL23) an Assaultron and a Sentry Bot that simply tear me to pieces. Ok, wonder what they are guarding? So I go back and equip my freshly found T51 PA just to win this battle.................................. it takes some Stimpacks.............................. BOOM! they were guarding a fucking NEW SET OF POWER ARMOR T60!

Hahahahahahaha, amazing. 2 PAs on 2 non-tagged map objects.

No one does open world as good as Bethesda. Witcher 3/ Fallout 4 have the best Overworld (Open World) out there.

Bethesda litters the map with power armors that make the combat very trivial

* Noone does open worlds better! *

:lol

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #32257 on: March 13, 2018, 09:30:21 PM »
Samus Returns has gotten really tough... I thought I was finally getting into a groove - the Gravity Suit, Screw Attack, Plasma Beam, Super Missiles... but then I hit the Omega Metroid. Finally beat him and then faced off against another boss that was added to the remake, and this guy is challenging! Definitely the hardest Metroid game by far... I think because enemies do a bit too much damage.
HOUSE

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #32258 on: March 14, 2018, 01:25:49 AM »
Man everything about YsVIII is so polished. The visuals are crisp, the response times and visuals are fluid, load times are very minimal. The craftsmanship is something to appreciate. Oh and the music... the muuuuusicccc.
:9

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #32259 on: March 14, 2018, 05:17:18 AM »
Still not out on PC. :gloomy
Hi

I'm a Puppy!

• Moo Moo Motherfuckers
« Reply #32260 on: March 14, 2018, 03:12:43 PM »
Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS
I'm to the tail end
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just beat Egil and the following Telethia fight
It's fallen in the Xenogears disc 2 area of "Sit down and watch this cut scene."
Now I know I'll have a slew of bosses to beat coming up as they throw everything in as they can. This Xeno team always falls apart at the end of games. The only exception was Xenosaga 3 and that was done by a different team. I haven't played Xenoblade x or 2. I'm going ot skip x but will try out 2 after I'm done here.
que

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #32261 on: March 14, 2018, 04:58:37 PM »
What a fucking disappointment that Xenogears disc 2 was  :snoop

Don't remember Xenoblade falling apart at the end tho. There was more gameplay to be had compared to the last stretch of Xenogears.

Svejk

« Reply #32262 on: March 14, 2018, 05:13:21 PM »
If any old Squenix game needed a remake/remaster, Xenogears would be it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32263 on: March 14, 2018, 05:27:55 PM »

Pretty sure they did that and called it "Xenosaga."  :doge
ど助平

I'm a Puppy!

• Moo Moo Motherfuckers
« Reply #32264 on: March 14, 2018, 05:29:23 PM »

Don't remember Xenoblade falling apart at the end tho. There was more gameplay to be had compared to the last stretch of Xenogears.
It's certainly not as bad as xenogears disc 2. But it's just uneven. It's like "here play for twenty hours and we'll never throw a cutscene longer than 10 minutes at you." Now at the end it's like "Oh crap! You're almost done and we haven't told you anything. Watch this 30 minute cutscene, do a fight then watch another."

Really uneven.
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Moo Moo Motherfuckers
« Reply #32265 on: March 14, 2018, 05:29:44 PM »

Pretty sure they did that and called it "Xenosaga."  :doge
:brazilcry
que

Rufus

• 🍕
« Reply #32266 on: March 14, 2018, 09:36:06 PM »
I've been playing The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for a couple days now and just finished it. Thankfully it was a (late) 360 era port, so I could continue playing even with the older backup graphics card.

Anyway, it's a 3rd person, squad based cover shooter set in 60s Amerika aaand - actually perfectly serviceable? Considering the development history, that is a bit of a surprise:
The game had been in development under different titles by three different studios since 2006. It was unveiled as a first-person shooter titled XCOM in June 2010 and was repeatedly delayed until its release. In April 2013, the game was rebranded as The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. In its final version, it became a third-person tactical shooter with strategy video game elements.

After the intro/tutorial, you pick two squadmates from a roster of classes I already forget and off you go, steadfastly fighting off an alien invasion, accruing levels, alien weaponry and strange telekinetic powers along the way (very strange powers, which nobody remarks on, curiosely). In-between missions, you can also walk around the base, make bland conversatios with the personel and even do a couple side quests right there, but I found none of it really worth doing. The space mainly serves as a background for dialogue, much as your ship in Mass Effect, but unlike ME it doesn't actually have any interesting characters to talk to.

Combat resembles ME as well, though it is much more unforgiving. You have no recharging shields, ammo can be scarce and sitting in the same spot popping heads will certainly be punished, as even a basic enemy type frequently flushes you out with grenades. Difficulty ramps up slowly, however, and the basic approach to combat stops changing once you and your enemies are fully developed, weapon upgrades notwithstanding. I eventually found myself mindlessly putting everything I have on cooldown, only giving commanders or spawners more careful attention. There is a good bit of game left after you are fully powered up and I can see people putting it down soon after, but I had enough fun to push to the end where it again shows inspiration from ME by giving you a couple of tough choices to make, which culminate in what I assume are three distinct endings.

The story is surprisingly grim and self-serious throughout. Every bit of dialogue drips with stoic determination. No levity at all, though I understand that turn-based XCOMs situational humor is difficult to replicate. Not (entirely) surprising is the twist, though they commit to it fully.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
You're actually playing an Ethereal inhabiting the protagonist. It's neat in how it re-contextualizes the perspective you play from, but the lampshading until then is weak.

Side note: the player character and deployables seem to share movement code, as even mines and turrets 'stick' to cover and have to be pried off it by holding in the opposite direction and even drop down ledges at the same speed as you or a squaddie would. Doesn't get in the way though. No more than sprint and cover being on the same button. Ahem.
¦3

Great Rumbler

• Dog Police
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32267 on: March 14, 2018, 10:25:34 PM »
Might and Magic X - the last M&M RPG game I did not finish yet. M&M1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 were done years ago.

A fantastic game and a fantastic entry in the M&M franchise.

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Much better than Grimrock 1/2 as well due to being open ended from the beginning, having tons of skills and being truly Turn-Based.

The bosses here are extremely hard and require most often changing your whole strategy (learning new spells or skills), having all the buffs from shrines and hirelings available (Hour of Power, Well Rested etc.) and dozens of reloads due to RNGesus fucking you up (one-hit kill in the first turn, paralysing your healer in the first turn etc.)

Oh and the loot dropped by those bosses is RNG as well so even more reloads, yay!

Yeah, M&M X was really great! Definitely pretty tough, like you said, but still a lot of fun to play and very retro PC RPG without being annoying about it. I'm sad that Ubisoft has pretty much abandoned the series since then, though, probably didn't sell all that well.
dog

Fifstar

« Reply #32268 on: March 16, 2018, 09:32:39 AM »
Started Mario Odyssey, first 3D Mario since Sunshine. So far, so good. Only annoyance is that I can't use some moves with the joycons attached in portable mode. Had to the ye olde "stick the switch between your belly flaps" trick to make things work  >:(
Gulp

thisismyusername

• https://goo.gl/SEuEBL Stay pressed, DNC.
« Reply #32269 on: March 16, 2018, 05:20:37 PM »
Fallout under Beth is garbage tho

FTFY. The only good one post-Tactics is New Vegas and that's only because most of the "old" Interplay team was behind it.

Nintex

• Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Meme Machine
« Reply #32270 on: March 16, 2018, 09:36:20 PM »
Started Mario Odyssey, first 3D Mario since Sunshine. So far, so good. Only annoyance is that I can't use some moves with the joycons attached in portable mode. Had to the ye olde "stick the switch between your belly flaps" trick to make things work  >:(
Except for aiming the hat throw from stand still all moves can be done in an alternative way using the Pro Controller.

What move can't you pull off?
dutch

HardcoreRetro

• Mayor of New Donk City
« Reply #32271 on: March 17, 2018, 07:16:38 AM »
I've been playing The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for a couple days now and just finished it. Thankfully it was a (late) 360 era port, so I could continue playing even with the older backup graphics card.

Anyway, it's a 3rd person, squad based cover shooter set in 60s Amerika aaand - actually perfectly serviceable?

Felt like it's another one of those Singularity type games were it basically gets overshadowed by other stuff that came out at the time. They're pretty good games and for the prices they're going for nowadays I feel they deserve another shot.

Fifstar

« Reply #32272 on: March 17, 2018, 09:08:13 AM »
Except for aiming the hat throw from stand still all moves can be done in an alternative way using the Pro Controller.

The higher jump moves when you posses something. I'm playing undocked bzw. Or that move where cappi rotates around you?
Gulp

Nintex

• Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Meme Machine
« Reply #32273 on: March 17, 2018, 09:35:23 AM »

The higher jump moves when you posses something. I'm playing undocked bzw. Or that move where cappi rotates around you?
Higher jump moves:
- Simply shake whatever controller you're holding that has a motion sensor thingy (I think all of them do).

Cappy twirl:
- Twirl with the control stick to make Mario spin, throw the hat

This game is so good  :lawd

dutch

Rufus

• 🍕
« Reply #32274 on: March 17, 2018, 09:40:12 AM »
Felt like it's another one of those Singularity type games were it basically gets overshadowed by other stuff that came out at the time. They're pretty good games and for the prices they're going for nowadays I feel they deserve another shot.
Most of these will eventually populate the various hidden gems lists when that console generation becomes retro.
¦3

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #32275 on: March 17, 2018, 10:51:28 AM »
Chip Chan Kick on PC-FX - one of the few games playable on the system for non Japanese speakers, a fun single screen action game a la Bubble Bobble. With a great upbeat soundtrack from Hitoshi Sakimoto and wayyyyy tooo much loli pantsu and :uguu

And a shit ton of random X68000 doujin shmups
HOUSE

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #32276 on: March 17, 2018, 11:14:08 AM »
I'll never understand people who passionately write about how awful Bethesda games are for years on end after their release, as if they're genuinely bothered anyone might derive any enjoyment whatsoever from Skyrim or Fallout 4. I guess those "this is Todd Howard and I'll molest your family if you don't preorder x" memes must be onto something

HardcoreRetro

• Mayor of New Donk City
« Reply #32277 on: March 17, 2018, 03:53:59 PM »
As someone that likes mechanic driven games it feels like having these games be the popular ones just drives the money to these streamlined/dumbed-down experiences and it's kind of ruining a big part of gaming to me. These games also got a legacy. If you're someone that loves Morrowind and Fallout 1/2, they're kind of a hard pill to swallow.

At the same time I just start up the next Zachtronics title and have a good time, so whatever.

Svejk

« Reply #32278 on: March 17, 2018, 04:11:52 PM »
Backlog getting bigger and bigger, yet I still keep going back to Skyrim.  Another day,  another new mod.   :yeshrug

kingv

« Reply #32279 on: March 17, 2018, 04:15:55 PM »
Interestingly, the best part of Bethesda’s game is when they go full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow when their complex systems fuck up, like the radiant AI starts making weird ass decision.

Conversely, they are at their weakest with their normal quest lines

IMO, they should double down on the AI controlled NPCs, sort of like some sort of modern RPG driven Creatures where the characters have “complex” motivations that are semi-random, can change, and are weird as fuck and then give the player a lot of freedom to fuck with the game world and change their behavior for comical results.