Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3559089 times)

Bebpo

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #33960 on: December 26, 2019, 01:04:16 PM »
Celeste -  :lol it's every indie trope ever in a single game.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
:snore
[close]

:doge

It's a platformer with really good level design, music and controls. How far did you get?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #33961 on: December 26, 2019, 01:23:56 PM »
Finished Samorost 3 last night.
comfiest game ever created, even better than Machinarium:lawd
I've been really missing out on these.  Made from one of muh peepz.  :mynicca. I played and loved Machinarium without having even known of it's developer origin.  After learning of it, it made even more sense.
My dude, Floex/Tomas Dvorak is currently the best composer working in gaming for me, not even a competition.
His work on Samorost 3 is just outstanding.

paprikastaude

« Reply #33962 on: December 26, 2019, 01:33:30 PM »
Celeste -  :lol it's every indie trope ever in a single game.
:snore
[close]

:doge

It's a platformer with really good level design, music and controls. How far did you get?

Chapter 4? It has a decent synthwave soundtrack... like every other indie game of the last 10 years (just like its faux-pixel look). At some point I have to believe they all use the same DJ :doge Level design is okay? Seen it all in Meat Boy, VVVVVVV and its clones, etc. Honestly, the double jump being on a button different from jump isn't making this too intuitive either.  And like too many indie games this feels like this was written by a weeb trying really hard to make his own hipster's super-thought-provoking anime.
- any game that has "yolo" in it :nope

e: back to Dragon Quest Wii, I don't even mind the grinding, I just have too much fun fighting. :lawd Only thrusting is kind of broken, like in most early motion controlled games.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 03:09:08 PM by Spieler1 »

Bebpo

« Reply #33963 on: December 26, 2019, 03:24:42 PM »
 :(

Game is just not for you I guess.

I've played and I love vvvv, SMB, guacamelee, Hollow Knight's white castle, etc... and I think Celeste holds up with the best of them in platforming. The gameplay feels real good to me.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #33964 on: December 26, 2019, 04:01:52 PM »
Who's keen for Reach?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #33965 on: December 26, 2019, 05:26:29 PM »
yeah i get that. at this point any game that is "indie 2d platformer with decent to good ost" is just an instant skip for me. there's just been so many that i can't do another one, even if it is good. at this point with those it has to be something really remarkable to get me to even consider it.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #33966 on: December 26, 2019, 05:38:01 PM »
Tried out Glass Masquerade the other night when had trouble sleeping. It's a 99 cent jigsaw puzzle game with stained glass clocks from around the world that you don't rotate and don't know what the finished image will look like. At first I thought it was super fucking hard and was gonna bail out after a couple. But kinda got the hang of it and can pop out a 30-40 piece puzzle in a few minutes and even the 5/5 star difficulty 60 piece puzzles are like 20 mins and doable. The music is relaxing and the finished puzzles are good looking art. Had trouble sleeping again tonight and got through a bunch more. Actually might finish this up sooner than later. Without the DLC the base game is like 25 puzzles and I'm already through 10.

I liked the look of this and saw I had some holiday points/coupon on steam so picked it and DLC up for free. I like it, reminds me of something MS would have put out in the 90's. I think it's undervalued if anything and am surprised it's not on the app store since orientation is handled by the game. I also...kind of think my Mom would like it.  :lol

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #33967 on: December 26, 2019, 09:15:50 PM »
Scarlet Grace seems pretty promising. Is anyone else here playing that?
serge

Coffee Dog

« Reply #33968 on: December 26, 2019, 09:30:39 PM »
The problem with all these indie walljumpers is that they forgo any sort of decision making in lieu of pure execution, sterile 30 second bursts laden with instant restarts and checkpoints. Anything that that could get out of your rhythm or slow you down (like enemies or complicated hazards) are excised because they would make replaying the levels too slow and annoying. And given that a big part of what gives these games their hook is the feeling of burning the series of inputs into your muscle memory over dozens of attempts, you cant be having people dodge, I dunno, swooping birds and fire jets or what have you and gunking that up.

So all these games turn into is super automated walljumping where you navigate through mazes of spikes, hunting for a few pixels that you can brush against to earn you more double jumps and bounce through more spikes. Meat boy, i wanna be the guy, and (though i've only seen footage) celeste all develop in exactly the same way because it's the only way to add difficulty and tension in an environment where failure is (purposefully) as quick and unobtrusive as possible.

tl;dr walljumpers are wack and too similar to one another. Once youve played one youve played them all

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #33969 on: December 27, 2019, 04:36:12 AM »
They had some crossover event. I think you can unlock a Chocobo mount.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #33970 on: December 27, 2019, 04:37:19 AM »

Oh man....

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33971 on: December 27, 2019, 05:52:59 AM »
Started playing ni no cummy 2 again, with the UW support mod. Cummy af
(Image removed from quote.)

I loved NNK1. How much worse NNK2 really is? Need a honest, The Bore opinion cause the reviewers all hated it.

Everybody I heard who played it said it was garbo
What

Coax

« Reply #33972 on: December 27, 2019, 06:17:45 AM »
http://ashorthike.com/

A+ game and definitely making my top10 of the year. If you have a PC give it a play. I'm sure it'll play on a toaster. Whatever this dev makes next I'll be there day 1.

Bought this on your rec and it was delightful. Appreciate short but sweet experiences like this. Even past the main 'goal' there's a variety of things to explore and complete around the island so the time spent with it may vary. Collecting coins felt like a little more purposeful in-game particularly if one completes the feather salesman storyline and I appreciated the couple moments where one decides to give things without knowledge/expectation of reciprocation.

Only minor complaint is triggering dialog is tied to the same button as jump with no way to cancel conversations but it's no big deal.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33973 on: December 27, 2019, 06:43:14 AM »
Dipped my toes into Sekiro. Now that I'm a Jedi master I figured this would be easy enough.

*dies*

oh hey a chicken, WTF

*dies*

*dies*

*dies*

*accidentally press LB*

"THE ROT SETS IN NOW"

:dead
🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #33974 on: December 27, 2019, 08:51:42 AM »
Ummm why is there Assassin's Creed in my Final Fantasy XV... did I miss something? Ha Ha Ha I also live under a fucking rock

fat

Chooky

« Reply #33975 on: December 27, 2019, 10:20:56 AM »
i hate that they did that big-ass collaboration and then made it a limited time event. keep that shit out of full price single player games please.

Rman

« Reply #33976 on: December 27, 2019, 10:25:04 AM »
Dipped my toes into Sekiro. Now that I'm a Jedi master I figured this would be easy enough.

*dies*

oh hey a chicken, WTF

*dies*

*dies*

*dies*

*accidentally press LB*

"THE ROT SETS IN NOW"

:dead
Game of the Year for me. And my favorite FROM game, and yes I've played them all.  The vertical traversal really shines and expands the formula here. And no garbo MP helps as well.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33977 on: December 27, 2019, 10:57:22 AM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33978 on: December 27, 2019, 10:57:46 AM »
Sekiro is really fucking good. Still havent beaten that fucking
dad
[close]
tho
What

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #33979 on: December 27, 2019, 11:44:29 AM »
Sekiro is really fucking good. Still havent beaten that fucking
dad
[close]
tho

giant?
©@©™

Coffee Dog

« Reply #33980 on: December 27, 2019, 02:03:09 PM »
I don't know if anyone else has followed the game, but Black Mesa recently finished adding the rest of the campaign.

It was my first time playing Half-Life, and the biggest compliment I can give is that I wasn't really able to tell the difference between the Valve developed content and the new stuff on Xen. I was sure the long jump was some dumb fan shit (an air dash? In a half life game?) but i was totally wrong.

It's easy to see why the game was a big deal when it came out, and it's a damn fun campaign even today. Well paced, not bogged down with exposition. It's basically just DOOM, and where HL2 picks up is far more interesting, but it's all executed very well.

Pleasantly surprised the retooled Xen chapters didn't add a ton of runtime, as well. It ended just as I was hoping it would, and the final boss was decent enough. Technical problems are still present that mar it slightly. (Got stuck twice and needed to reload save, Xen is as demanding as a modern game somehow when it comes to performance)

As a fan of the HL2 games I could heartily recommend it to anyone interested, especially for the sale prices theyve been offering. Had a great time.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 03:11:02 PM by Coffee Dog »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33981 on: December 27, 2019, 02:16:30 PM »
Half Life was always good, having only played about 1 hour of Black Mesa, it's a great addition
What

Chooky

« Reply #33982 on: December 27, 2019, 02:16:56 PM »
great to hear. the original was a fantastic improvement, altho some of that was because they deleted the worst levels instead of reworking them. the original xen was so bad that i used cheat codes to finish it and felt no regret; it's awesome that they made it into something fun now.

Bebpo

« Reply #33983 on: December 27, 2019, 02:22:33 PM »
When I played Origins last year I guess I missed the moogle and FF stuff. Pretty sure I did not get that Chocobo and I thought I did pretty close to 100% in that game.

http://ashorthike.com/

A+ game and definitely making my top10 of the year. If you have a PC give it a play. I'm sure it'll play on a toaster. Whatever this dev makes next I'll be there day 1.

Bought this on your rec and it was delightful. Appreciate short but sweet experiences like this. Even past the main 'goal' there's a variety of things to explore and complete around the island so the time spent with it may vary. Collecting coins felt like a little more purposeful in-game particularly if one completes the feather salesman storyline and I appreciated the couple moments where one decides to give things without knowledge/expectation of reciprocation.

Only minor complaint is triggering dialog is tied to the same button as jump with no way to cancel conversations but it's no big deal.

Yeah, I like how everything has a gameplay purpose. Money actually matters, feathers really matter, shells and stuff are for quests. I loaded the game back up and found an entirely new area with a beachball mini-game. Real good stuff.

I've never played Animal Crossing before and planning on jumping in with the new one on Switch and I just hope it has good gameplay like this.

Bebpo

« Reply #33984 on: December 27, 2019, 02:29:47 PM »

So I recently installed RDR2 on PC and spent like 4-5 hours with the settings on a 2080ti. My hot take is that even maxed out with "next-gen" settings so the game runs at like 35fps at 1440p, the game doesn't look anything special on PC and is only a few steps above the console versions (which already looked great for the ps4/xbox one). Coming from Control w/ray-tracing, great character models and textures to RDR2 where half the textures are like 480p up close (especially in towns) and the character models are pretty dated and the lighting is nothing special, it's looks very much like a PS4-gen game.

Like obviously an open world game isn't going to have the visual fidelity of a corridor shooter like Control, but I remember GTAV maxed out on PC looked fucking crazy at the time, like Crysis kinda game and this had me wondering if it was even worth double dipping on PC because it looks pretty close to the PS4 version from my memories. And yeah, it does snow real nice so an empty snow mountain is pretty easy to look good. But the towns...yeah. Looks worse than AC Origins towns imo and RDR2 PC runs way worse than AC Origins.

Then again I think when GTAV came out on PC the PS4/Xbox one versions hadn't come out, so it was the jump from the PS3 GTAV to PC maxed out 4k/60fps which was a huge difference.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #33985 on: December 27, 2019, 02:33:04 PM »

Then again I think when GTAV came out on PC the PS4/Xbox one versions hadn't come out, so it was the jump from the PS3 GTAV to PC maxed out 4k/60fps which was a huge difference.
Nah, the PC version of GTAV came, like, a year after the next gen versions (which came out a bout a year after the regular ones).
It's probably just that you hadn't played it on PS4/xbone, so the jump was much bigger than for RDR2.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #33986 on: December 27, 2019, 05:17:23 PM »

So I recently installed RDR2 on PC and spent like 4-5 hours with the settings on a 2080ti. My hot take is that even maxed out with "next-gen" settings so the game runs at like 35fps at 1440p, the game doesn't look anything special on PC and is only a few steps above the console versions (which already looked great for the ps4/xbox one). Coming from Control w/ray-tracing, great character models and textures to RDR2 where half the textures are like 480p up close (especially in towns) and the character models are pretty dated and the lighting is nothing special, it's looks very much like a PS4-gen game.

Like obviously an open world game isn't going to have the visual fidelity of a corridor shooter like Control, but I remember GTAV maxed out on PC looked fucking crazy at the time, like Crysis kinda game and this had me wondering if it was even worth double dipping on PC because it looks pretty close to the PS4 version from my memories. And yeah, it does snow real nice so an empty snow mountain is pretty easy to look good. But the towns...yeah. Looks worse than AC Origins towns imo and RDR2 PC runs way worse than AC Origins.

Gonna disagree. RDR2 on console looks better than AC:O maxed out on PC. Something about that game is so mind-boggingly ugly to me. Lighting looks flat, textures are dull, and all characters look dead inside. You get the occasional shot that looks ok (one of the first scenes with camels comes to mind) but besides that it’s bad. Everything about RDR2 feels extremely premium in comparison.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33987 on: December 27, 2019, 09:27:14 PM »
the lighting is nothing special

bepbo please
What

Bebpo

« Reply #33988 on: December 27, 2019, 10:43:20 PM »
Coming from ray-traced Control lighting, it feels pretty flat and last-gen. The art and skyboxes are nice though.

Gonna disagree. RDR2 on console looks better than AC:O maxed out on PC. Something about that game is so mind-boggingly ugly to me. Lighting looks flat, textures are dull, and all characters look dead inside. You get the occasional shot that looks ok (one of the first scenes with camels comes to mind) but besides that it’s bad. Everything about RDR2 feels extremely premium in comparison.

Well in the AC:O comparison I was just talking about the towns. I feel like RDR2 does nature very well, but anything indoors and people is pretty weak. I should jump on and take some photos around valentine. These are some of the "nicer" photos I took in photo mode in the first couple hours when I played and when running the benchmark. The nature stuff looks good, but indoors/npcs look meh. Even the main guy's starting jacket isn't tack sharp texture resolution while his hat is.

Eh, looks sharper and low res textures don't show so much on thumbnails. Full size on indoor shot:
https://i.imgur.com/8t5o56m.jpg

Also that video looks amazing because snow looks great. Even just dirt/grass eventually after AF fails out becomes blurry in the distance and doesn't look as nice.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #33989 on: December 28, 2019, 12:31:48 AM »
I think the indoor sections look pretty nice too but different strokes

Coax

« Reply #33990 on: December 28, 2019, 06:21:06 AM »
I loaded the game back up and found an entirely new area with a beachball mini-game. Real good stuff.

Caught a clip of someone finding an island hidden from view of the auto camera and thought I'd check it out and found a larger off-camera island off from the starting point with another silver feather high above it. Then discovered one can mine the rock the first golden feather was from for coins until it runs out. All these little touches in such a compact map.

I'd be interested if this saw a comparably sized sequel tbh since the flying/gliding mechanic is compelling and not commonly seen in games.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33991 on: December 28, 2019, 07:11:50 AM »
Coming from ray-traced Control lighting, it feels pretty flat and last-gen. The art and skyboxes are nice though.

Well in the AC:O comparison I was just talking about the towns. I feel like RDR2 does nature very well, but anything indoors and people is pretty weak. I should jump on and take some photos around valentine. These are some of the "nicer" photos I took in photo mode in the first couple hours when I played and when running the benchmark. The nature stuff looks good, but indoors/npcs look meh. Even the main guy's starting jacket isn't tack sharp texture resolution while his hat is.

Eh, looks sharper and low res textures don't show so much on thumbnails. Full size on indoor shot:
https://i.imgur.com/8t5o56m.jpg

Also that video looks amazing because snow looks great. Even just dirt/grass eventually after AF fails out becomes blurry in the distance and doesn't look as nice.

That video wasn't my vid, sadly I don't have such an expensive graphics card like a 2080ti either.. Don't know your settings but I think this is still the best looking game ever made. I have Control as well, and while it looks great I don't agree it's above or even on the same level. The details in RDR2 are insane.

I shall post these photo's I made ingame

I don't know how you can look at this game and not think that it's the best looking game ever made haha. Saint Denis is a sight to behold, but just the entire world, how huge it is but filled with details, sprawling with life both animal and humans. I cannot imagine GTA6. Now I don't have a HDR capable TV, but saying the lightning is nothing special..what? O_O
What

Svejk

« Reply #33992 on: December 28, 2019, 11:21:30 AM »
Finally got Sekiro and just played a bit of the beginning.  Wow... I can tell this going to turn out to be something special.  Is this the next level Tenchu game I've always been wanting?!?
 :preach

I put Bloodborne off a minute to try this, and it feels so refreshing what with the ease of traversal and peppered with stealth mechanics.  This may be WAY more my speed of a From game.  But we'll see how feel after I REALLY start getting my ass handed to me.
  :heh

Bebpo

« Reply #33993 on: December 28, 2019, 12:27:52 PM »
I loaded the game back up and found an entirely new area with a beachball mini-game. Real good stuff.

Caught a clip of someone finding an island hidden from view of the auto camera and thought I'd check it out and found a larger off-camera island off from the starting point with another silver feather high above it. Then discovered one can mine the rock the first golden feather was from for coins until it runs out. All these little touches in such a compact map.

I'd be interested if this saw a comparably sized sequel tbh since the flying/gliding mechanic is compelling and not commonly seen in games.

One of the little touches I liked was at the ending

your conversation with your aunt talks about everything you found/did. I had found the money rock and the mc was like I found this rock that kept giving infinite money! And you're aunt's like sure, sure
[close]

Yeah, I hope the attention and sales of this lets the creator do a larger size game with publisher backing next. You can tell they definitely get fun gameplay and their writing is pretty charming so I'm on board for whatever they do next. A lot of these types of games have the charming whimsical but don't nail the gameplay, but this one does and that's what makes it great.

Bebpo

« Reply #33994 on: December 28, 2019, 12:31:48 PM »
That video wasn't my vid, sadly I don't have such an expensive graphics card like a 2080ti either.. Don't know your settings but I think this is still the best looking game ever made. I have Control as well, and while it looks great I don't agree it's above or even on the same level. The details in RDR2 are insane.

I shall post these photo's I made ingame

I don't know how you can look at this game and not think that it's the best looking game ever made haha. Saint Denis is a sight to behold, but just the entire world, how huge it is but filled with details, sprawling with life both animal and humans. I cannot imagine GTA6. Now I don't have a HDR capable TV, but saying the lightning is nothing special..what? O_O

That is a gorgeous shot. The rest look good and the game world is immersive as hell. When I played it on PS4 I definitely thought it was one of, if not the best, looking games on the system. On PC I just feel like there's a lot more competition on the gfx end and things like the textures and bad AF bug me a bit.

Then again I've only played ~5 hours through Valentine on the PC version and PS4 version, so I haven't seen most of the map outside the areas shown in the Benchmark.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #33995 on: December 28, 2019, 12:50:24 PM »
Infinifactory

This one felt particularly good to finish, because it gave me a lot of trouble on an earlier attempt. Turns out the timing was much easier than I had anticipated. They introduce a counting block in this section of the game (triggers other function block when 2-9 blocks pass by it), so I got it in my head that I had to incorporate it, but conventional methods worked just fine.

I have also made the mistake of looking at some top scoring solutions to this one. I don't even know what's happening here.
What plays in my head when I look at it.

Bebpo

« Reply #33996 on: December 28, 2019, 02:17:13 PM »
btw, part of the reason why I'm down on RDR2 PC is the performance is shit on my PC if I try to play above 30fps. I've been trying to diagnose it because this is what it's looking like on mine even though it's running at 70-80fps and never dipping below 60fps :( Feels choppy as hell. Runs smooth at 30fps for 30fps but since I'm pulling 70-80fps would rather have that 60fps feel if I can when I actually sit down and play this.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33997 on: December 28, 2019, 02:57:53 PM »
Yeah that looks weird. My system sucks, but most settings are a mix between high/medium but textures are on ultra.

I get around 40-45 fps in Saints Denis but for some reason in some heavy grassland area's it will dip into the 30's. Im happy, it looks and plays better than on consoles.

What kind of settings are you using, and which renderer are you using? I seem to have had the most luck with the VULKAN renderer.

Did you try locking it to 60fps in rtss?>
What

Bebpo

« Reply #33998 on: December 28, 2019, 02:59:57 PM »
Yup, using high/medium mix and trying to lock at 60fps in RTSS. Nothing seems to make it smooth :(

Freyj

« Reply #33999 on: December 28, 2019, 04:58:15 PM »
Wanted to finish Control before the end of the year since it seems like it’s winning GOTY if Sekiro isn’t.

I liked it a lot for a lot of the same reasons Bebs already mentioned with the exception that I was a little cooler on the combat coming off the heels of playing 50 hours or so of Remnant and being a little tired of TPS with “another add wave” as it’s primary difficulty modifier. Levitation and Launch are both great but I found myself dying from explosive objects I never saw pretty much the entire game and was never really aware of what I was supposed to be doing differently. I feel like at the very least removing the energy cost of dashing would make the game much more enjoyable. Also it desperately needs to give you launch and dash like right out of the gate. Way too long to get most of the abilities.

The setting and lore is incredible but I found the plot kind of just okay outside of that? I picked up on what they were getting at with
Dylan and Jesse being one person split by the projector but then the game just ends with the least subtle “Control Part 2 coming soon!” I’ve ever seen in a video game. Felt like I’d reached the halfway point of the narrative.
[close]

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34000 on: December 28, 2019, 07:40:32 PM »
Finally got Sekiro and just played a bit of the beginning.  Wow... I can tell this going to turn out to be something special. Is this the next level Tenchu game I've always been wanting?!?
 :preach
:holeup
No no no.
But it's a fantastic action game.

Bebpo

« Reply #34001 on: December 29, 2019, 02:49:42 AM »
Finally found a fix for my RDR2 stuttering. Used rammap and emptied the standby memory and suddenly the game is buttery smooth. Now I can actually play and enjoy it, yay.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #34002 on: December 29, 2019, 03:01:04 AM »
I really wish RDR2 didn't control like absolute arse. I so wanted to like that game.
Spud

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #34003 on: December 29, 2019, 03:20:35 AM »
Finished The Witcher 1 with about 50 hours on the clock. Great game, but fuck does it drag with the endless running back and forth to complete quests, and shifting NPC routes/schedules where you don’t know where the fuck they are. Although I enjoyed it, I'm glad to be done with it.

Made lots of progress in the Witcher 2 (playing on 360) since. I feel I’m very close to be done with Chapter 1. I understand there are two routes in this game, so I’ll likely just make a save before the big decision point and do them both. I don’t see myself having the patience to restart the game since there’s quite a bit to do in the first chapter as it is, and I’m not interested in going through the motions again.

Gameplay is much improved over the first game. Actual button presses to attack instead of a weird rhythm/qte thing. Such innovation! I don’t get why you can’t drink potions mid-combat, but can apply sword oils just fine. Non-sensical restriction.

The UI unfortunately is a complete fucking mess. The map is nondescript and a fair bit useless. The inventory is a monstrosity of 500 different tabs, with some items occupying multiple tabs, with ZERO sorting options. This extends to crafting and enhancing.  Just absolute amateur hour stuff. Not to mention the obnoxious weight capacity. I will say that I love that all the journal entries are as if they’re written from the perspective of Dandelion. Fairly enjoyable.

It might sound like I’m shitting on the game, but I’m actually really liking it. Quests and characters are pretty fun which is what matters most. It’s just some of the issues you wonder how they could’ve been okay with shipping like that. Hopefully Witcher 3 has a non-shitty UI.
Margs

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #34004 on: December 29, 2019, 04:11:33 AM »
Make sure you do the Troll Trouble quest. One of my favourites in that game.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #34005 on: December 29, 2019, 05:29:27 AM »
If it’s the one with the drunk troll then I did it yesterday. Great taste in alcohol. Vodka da bes.

Humans are always so cruel :tocry but I made sure to fuck them up  :kinison
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34006 on: December 29, 2019, 07:18:56 AM »
I'm enjoying Ace Combat 7 more and more. This might be a late contender for GOTY for me.
Sekiro is also nice but difficult and at times janky. Ace Combat 7 is buttery smooth so far :whew

From what I finished/played so far these stand out the most:
Resident Evil 2
CONTROL
Ace Combat 7
Ion Fury
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
Sekiro
Link's Awakening

Also have Astral Chain and RDR2 sitting wrapped.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34007 on: December 29, 2019, 10:02:15 AM »
I really wish RDR2 didn't control like absolute arse. I so wanted to like that game.

It doesn't though

Set up " Standard FPS controls" if you are using a controller. Set deadzones to 0. Game is much more responsive than on consoles. In first person it's the most responsive though. You still have animation priority so you just need to accept Arthur needs to turn before he can pick up something for instance. I certainly wouldn't say it's absolute arse.

Good to hear your problems have been fixed Bepbo! Never heard of rammap or standby memory O_o.. I'm glad you were able to fix it. You already finished it on PS4 or no?
What

Bebpo

« Reply #34008 on: December 29, 2019, 02:22:21 PM »

It doesn't though

Set up " Standard FPS controls" if you are using a controller. Set deadzones to 0. Game is much more responsive than on consoles. In first person it's the most responsive though. You still have animation priority so you just need to accept Arthur needs to turn before he can pick up something for instance. I certainly wouldn't say it's absolute arse.

Good to hear your problems have been fixed Bepbo! Never heard of rammap or standby memory O_o.. I'm glad you were able to fix it. You already finished it on PS4 or no?

Oh cool, I'll mess with the dead zones cause yeah the controls for shooting are little ehhh. I'm fine with everything else but the shooting feels pretty meh early on.
And nah, I only played about 5-10 hours on PS4 through Valentine/Horshoe Overlook first set of quests unlocking tutorial stuff. Got distracted and never got back to it and then figured I'd wait to play it on PC. Basically at the same spot now on PC as where I left off on PS4.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34009 on: December 29, 2019, 02:26:06 PM »
Well all I can say its an amazing game and personally I thought it was one of the best stories in gaming ever. Its def in my top 10 of best games Ive ever played. I know that might not mean much but that means its up there with ocarina, metal gear solid, mario 64 and those kind of classics heh.

Are you using free aim? And are you playing with kmb or controller? Ive just stuck with a controller
What

Bebpo

« Reply #34010 on: December 29, 2019, 02:47:09 PM »
I'm using a controller and I actually like the auto-aim assist lock on since I'm not great at aiming and the targets are often pretty far out and just little pixels.

Oh, when you're using dead eye, is there a way to not XXXXX over everywhere your analog moves? I remember in RDR1 being able to just do headshot, headshot, headshot against a group of enemies in deadeye, but here I hit deadeye and it makes like 4 spots on the way to marking the head and I spend all my deadeye/ammo clip on one target when I just wanted to put on X on his head and move to the next target. Also problematic for hunting animals in deadeye when I just want a clean headshot but it marks all over the body before getting to the head.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34011 on: December 29, 2019, 07:54:45 PM »
yeah eventually you'll get it in chapter 2 I think, then you can manually paint targets which is much better

I wouldnt go hunting till they have introduced you to most of it like in chapter 2 or something and youll get a map where to find legendary beasts
What

Bebpo

« Reply #34012 on: December 30, 2019, 12:32:36 AM »
Yeah I did the legendary beast bear quest at the start in horshoe overlook and I killed it and skinned it but apparently I'm not gonna run into the trader for a while and since there isn't like a box you can dump stuff in it's just sitting on the floor in my camp which apparently is how you store items. Can't keep it on my horse or no room for anything else  :'(

Chooky

« Reply #34013 on: December 30, 2019, 06:52:30 AM »
it's too easy to level up, but you can activate enemy level syncing at any time, and adjust the difficulty

Svejk

« Reply #34014 on: December 30, 2019, 07:11:22 AM »
AC: Origins

60 hours in.
60% of map done (defogged).
Reached max level (40).

That's some bad gameplay balance, Ubisoft :tsk :tsk
Then they up and swung too far the other direction for AC: Odyssey with making leveling up a total grind.   ::)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34015 on: December 30, 2019, 09:30:41 AM »
Yeah I did the legendary beast bear quest at the start in horshoe overlook and I killed it and skinned it but apparently I'm not gonna run into the trader for a while and since there isn't like a box you can dump stuff in it's just sitting on the floor in my camp which apparently is how you store items. Can't keep it on my horse or no room for anything else  :'(

You should be able to find a trader just going to his place. Check out a map on the interwebs tl find him. He's in multiple places
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34016 on: December 30, 2019, 01:08:56 PM »

60 hours in.
Reached max level (40).

Did you do a lot of extra stuff? I had the opposite problem, wanted to wrap up the story, but had to do some side missions to level up.
The map is absolutely massive though (i love it).

Odyssey is even worse, as Svejk pointed out, which is why i used cheat engine to get, like, 10x XP, and even then it was slow as shit.  :lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34017 on: December 30, 2019, 03:36:24 PM »
So would you say its mediocre? Or at least most of the content is meaningless and boring filler quests? :P
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34018 on: December 30, 2019, 03:45:04 PM »

I would wish they shake this formula a bit in Assassins Creed: Ragnarok or whatever. They cannot create a 3rd game with this amount of copy-paste content (Forts, Camps, Animal Lairs etc. etc.)

A third game? Assassins Creed has been literal copy paste since the first.

You're playing Assassin's Creed #50 and checking all the same boxes, filling all of the same maps, etc.

I fell for the marketing hype when they said it was going to be different. It's not, Origins is literally the same shit I played since the first game.
Odyssey proved that to me after release, and whatever they're doing next is going to be no different.
fat

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34019 on: December 30, 2019, 07:19:41 PM »

60 hours in.
Reached max level (40).

Did you do a lot of extra stuff? I had the opposite problem, wanted to wrap up the story, but had to do some side missions to level up.
The map is absolutely massive though (i love it).

Odyssey is even worse, as Svejk pointed out, which is why i used cheat engine to get, like, 10x XP, and even then it was slow as shit.  :lol

Yes I do ALL side stuff first when I reach a new region. I have 11 "maps" left:

- 2 seas up above - should be pretty empty, 30 mins each?
- 4 deserts at the bottom - ehh... usually desert maps are less populated but still those are huge. 1 - 2 hours each.
- 2 tiny areas on the right side (near Memphis) - 1 hour each? they are pretty small after all.
- 2 "normal" maps in the middle - 5 hours for both because they are large and they are not deserts but forest regions.
- Cyrene map (Kyrenaika Region) - currently doing side quests here. 2 hours at minimum due to the Fort.

1 of the sea "regions" it's literally nothing but water. I think a story quest takes place in it but that's it.
Similarly a couple of the desert areas at the bottom are mostly empty except for a couple of cool areas.

So would you say its mediocre? Or at least most of the content is meaningless and boring filler quests? :P
It's kind of like Witcher 3, a lot of the content gets repetitive if you just start to clear out the map top to bottom, but it's supposed to be extra activities you're doing between one main quest and the other, not to be robotically cleaned up.

A third game? Assassins Creed has been literal copy paste since the first.

You're playing Assassin's Creed #50 and checking all the same boxes, filling all of the same maps, etc.

I fell for the marketing hype when they said it was going to be different. It's not, Origins is literally the same shit I played since the first game.
Odyssey proved that to me after release, and whatever they're doing next is going to be no different.
If you think Origins is a copy paste of Assassin's Creed 1, you must have ridiculously broad definitions, to the point where Rez is a copy paste of Ikaruga.
If anything is closer to the Witcher (but with better combat/stealth and a vastly shittier story).