Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3559002 times)

demi and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #34080 on: January 07, 2020, 01:23:45 PM »
It's a PC game from Eastern Europe, breh, you expect the jank.
dog

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #34081 on: January 07, 2020, 02:57:21 PM »
The first Witcher and TW1 cashed on me a total of two times between both of them instead of two or three times a day.  :doge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #34082 on: January 07, 2020, 03:56:11 PM »
That's excessive.

Seems to be a recent issue that's cropped up on newer GPU drivers:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/2666627464748243298/

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #34083 on: January 08, 2020, 01:23:07 AM »
Behemoth is casting Charybdis

flash pod!

flash pod!

flash pod!

Behemoth is casting Charybdis. Behemoth casts Charybdis.
Behemoth is casting Ecliptic Meteor.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #34084 on: January 08, 2020, 05:13:12 AM »
eND OF eTERNITY ON ps4/ iTS SO GOOD

Bebpo

« Reply #34085 on: January 09, 2020, 11:58:29 AM »
Glass Masquerade - Not sure why they have a 5 point difficulty scale when after the intro 3-star puzzles, pretty much every puzzle is 5-star with a few occasional 4-star puzzles. When I load up a 5-star puzzle and it's 61 pieces this is basically me:

fuck you puzzle
 :bolo

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #34086 on: January 09, 2020, 04:52:55 PM »
Difficulty levels are all over the place, totally random. Once you get into it it's not too bad...I cleared all of them and the DLC.  :joker

I actually grabbed the 2nd game (with its terrible cover image and worse reviews) plus DLC before sale ended but am saving for a rainy day or long plane ride.

Bebpo

« Reply #34087 on: January 09, 2020, 05:44:35 PM »
How were the dlcs? I’m almost done with the base game.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #34088 on: January 09, 2020, 05:49:51 PM »
Baba is You

Baba is so fucking good.
Spud

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #34089 on: January 09, 2020, 07:19:56 PM »

I'd say worth it, better deal at 50% off obv, but current price is still like .22c per puzzle. If you like the main ones you are just getting more of that.

Was about to complain about not being able to re-hide completed ones, but seems you can by pressing 'Right Shift + Left Shift + W.'

Apparently 2 has a reset button.

Bebpo

« Reply #34090 on: January 09, 2020, 08:03:59 PM »

I'd say worth it, better deal at 50% off obv, but current price is still like .22c per puzzle. If you like the main ones you are just getting more of that.

Was about to complain about not being able to re-hide completed ones, but seems you can by pressing 'Right Shift + Left Shift + W.'

Apparently 2 has a reset button.

Cool. My mom has a birthday next week and I'm gonna finally install steam on her old toaster computer and get her glass masquerade and the DLCs. She used to play tetris and solitaire all the time on PC, so she'd probably like some of this kind of stuff. She does regular jigsaw puzzles so I think she'd like it.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #34091 on: January 09, 2020, 08:11:26 PM »
Baba is You

Baba is so fucking good.

Really awesome concept, I'm pretty decent at logic puzzles but this game requires wayyyy too much out of the box thinking that I couldn't really get very far.
^_^

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #34092 on: January 09, 2020, 08:39:20 PM »
Baba is You

Baba is so fucking good.

Really awesome concept, I'm pretty decent at logic puzzles but this game requires wayyyy too much out of the box thinking that I couldn't really get very far.
Yeah, I've had to look up a couple already. Only one of them has left me a little bit WTF?
Spud

Bebpo

« Reply #34093 on: January 10, 2020, 12:28:59 AM »
Starting the new year finishing off all the stuff I had started but never got to:

Gears 5 - Only at Chapter 3. Game looks amazing and the shooting is gears and there's talky talk bits. I looked on my shelf the other week and realized Gears 3 was in my "360 backlog shelf". I thought I'd played the original trilogy, but I guess I only played the first 2. I have no idea about anything going on in the story but I'm shooting things and I have a robo buddy and Drake's the main guy who is not Bender Felix, so I'm enjoying it.

Binary Domain - At the sewer plant after the jet skis. It's weird, the core gameplay like shooting or terrible minigames like jetski are worse than Gears 5, but the variety, the script, the cutscene direction, the BOSSES (actual decent bosses for a cover shooter??) are making me like this more than Gears 5 even if it looks way worse and plays worse. Just something about constantly answering the worst answers to everything and having your entire team downvote you.

Glass Masquerade - As mentioned, finishing this up. It's pretty good puzzler.

Assemble With Care - Neat little ios game. I'm told it's by the Monument Valley team. Tells a slice of life story while also letting me virtually take apart things I've never taken apart before like a camera or a neon sign. I'm actually learning things about engineering from this. I like it.

Super Robot Wars T - Been playing for about 7 months. It's pretty long and a bit weak/boring for a SRW, so getting closer to the end, but still have a bit to go.

Bebpo

« Reply #34094 on: January 11, 2020, 03:16:29 AM »
Was trying out some different stuff to try to find a fun game for the night and had fun with the first hour or so of Cthulhu Saves Christmas. Battle system is kinda interesting and challenging on hard. There's a bit too much RNG though as it randomly picks 3 of your abilities to fill your 3 ability slots and you have to defend a round to re-roll them. Had some trouble on the 2nd boss that self-healed and hit hard with a lot of status effects because of getting bad rolls. But on normal it's fine and a bit easy.

The humor is pretty great though. between dungeons there's a P3-5 style daily social link thing and the first time you get to your room, Cthulhu is like "nice room, what now?" and the narrator is all TIME TO GO TO SLEEP
that had me lolllll
a lot of other silly jrpg parody stuff.
Music is pretty good too.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34095 on: January 11, 2020, 07:30:09 PM »
Continued AC Odyssey today after all the AC talk got me excited to play it again. Such a beautiful and immersive game still.

Also played some Celeste, which I started recently. I like a lot of things about Celeste, except for the hipster culture it oozes.
I hope Theo freezes to death on the fucking mountain with his InstaPix. 
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #34096 on: January 11, 2020, 08:37:54 PM »
I'd try Celeste but the "it's about depression" stuff is a big turnoff, not really a fan of "depression culture" so popular with gen Z...
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34097 on: January 11, 2020, 08:39:59 PM »
Its really not a focus of the game. The story is hardly there lol
fat

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #34098 on: January 11, 2020, 08:40:35 PM »
what if i love depression, but hate feminists and women?

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #34099 on: January 11, 2020, 09:35:28 PM »
Playing the Tomb Raider reboot on game pass. I have tried getting into it a few times before over the years but it finally clicked and am having fun. Better uncharted than uncharted.

Bebpo

« Reply #34100 on: January 12, 2020, 12:15:19 AM »
I mean are we talking Uncharted 1? Because otherwise I’d give it to Uncharted. Tomb Raider reboot is really fun, but the combat feels super shallow, even more than Uncharted. Platforming might be better. Story goes to Drake adventures. I didn’t play Rise yet, but I hear the story is really bad.

Bebpo

« Reply #34101 on: January 12, 2020, 12:25:00 AM »
Played the first 80 mins or so (first day in the game) of Whispers of the Machine. It's in the January Humble Choice and people had said it was good. A PnC adventure game from the creators of Kathy Rain which I didn't play but heard was fairly good detective noir thing. This one is a post-apocalyptic cyberpunk sci-fi detective story kinda similar to Primordia which I really liked.

This one seems solid. Has a few neat sub-systems like being able to measure the heartrate of a person while you are talking to them and catch them in lies and options to call them out on it. Also every dialogue choice you pick gives you a +1/-1/-1 in 3 types of character morale and apparently will effect the story based on which of the 3 types of characters you are (I think it's like asshole, emphatic and middleground?).

One thing is while I like the character portraits and I like my 2d pixel adventure games, I think the spritework is kinda ...off and ugly looking for some reason with the characters. It's a weird look.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #34102 on: January 12, 2020, 01:05:59 AM »
Doom (2016) finally clicked with me and its awesome! The guns feel meaty and the action is super smooth and satisfying. The shotguns are appropriately kickass keeping with Doom tradition.  After playing a total warm cup of piss of a game like 'The Outer Worlds' this is just so good and fun.

Bebpo

« Reply #34103 on: January 12, 2020, 02:09:05 AM »

Got to chapter 4 in Binary Domain. When people always said Binary Domain was awesome, I thought it was sorta a "awesome for a Japanese tps that surprisingly isn't terrible and has a unique look". I mean I've played the Yakuza/RGG games and their gun shooting sure ain't great. The gun shooting Yakuza game they did was supposedly really bad.

But holy shit, Binary Domain is a real awesome Japanese action game in the vein of Vanquish. The game is intense and I'm constantly on the edge of dying and surviving. Got several game overs so far. Some of the usual Japanese game design frustratingly annoying/difficult parts, but overall lots of really good intense action. Game is constantly putting timer pressure on, whether it's your squad mates drowning or poison gas killing you, or you're in a moving cart, so you need to be at 100% constantly.

The level design is crazy varied. Segments don't go on too long and every bit is something new and exciting. Enemy types are fun to fight against and bosses are cool mecha stuff.

On top of that the characters are really likeable and the whole global aspect of the game with Japanese characters talking in Japanese with subs and English speakers talking in English is really enjoyable. Story is fun too with good cutscene direction (that part was expected from the Yakuza/RGG team).

Probably just gonna uninstall Gears 5 after I finish BD. Don't really see how I'll enjoy that campaign after this.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #34104 on: January 12, 2020, 02:28:46 AM »
I mean are we talking Uncharted 1? Because otherwise I’d give it to Uncharted. Tomb Raider reboot is really fun, but the combat feels super shallow, even more than Uncharted. Platforming might be better. Story goes to Drake adventures. I didn’t play Rise yet, but I hear the story is really bad.

Just finished. I think I ended up liking it more than any uncharted other than 2. Story was dumb but the set pieces and environments were great. I actually liked the combat.  :doge

paprikastaude

« Reply #34105 on: January 12, 2020, 12:18:49 PM »
I liked it quite less on a second playthrough sadly.

Bebpo

« Reply #34106 on: January 12, 2020, 02:57:24 PM »
While I wouldn't put the shooting up there with Vanquish I'm glad you saw the light with Binary Domain, Bebpo. That game is fantastic.

Yeah, the core shooting isn't as good as Vanquish or some western shooters, but it's the constant varied action level design + exciting fun story/characters that make it work so well.

It also makes very little sense they pulled this off when the dev team never showed any shooting action skills before and haven't done anything with it since. It's a shame the game bombed and became a cult classic because it totally deserves a sequel. Either that or the Yakuza/RGG teams should make more straight up action games like this. I think Judgment is like 50% an action game and 50% a detective game?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34107 on: January 12, 2020, 05:23:09 PM »
So just to be clear, this isnt required for a platinum? Because it sounds like a huge waste of time
fat

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #34108 on: January 12, 2020, 06:01:52 PM »
Blasphemous is solid so far. I think you gotta really enjoy the presentation they have going on here to get the most out of it though.

Bebpo

« Reply #34109 on: January 12, 2020, 06:08:04 PM »
So just to be clear, this isnt required for a platinum? Because it sounds like a huge waste of time

Sometimes you're just too good and games and have to set your own limitations to challenge yourself.

Freyj

« Reply #34110 on: January 12, 2020, 10:59:43 PM »
Borys do all the Ashen fights have adds like that one? I really didn’t care for it in Remnant and it made me feel like I was playing a worse version of the game for not having another player to do add management.

Blasphemous is solid so far. I think you gotta really enjoy the presentation they have going on here to get the most out of it though.

I bounced off of this pretty hard after dying a few too many times to insta-death spikes early on with a long stretch between shrines. I may have gone to the wrong area first though and it’s in my “retry later” Steam category.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #34111 on: January 13, 2020, 12:40:08 AM »
Borys do all the Ashen fights have adds like that one? I really didn’t care for it in Remnant and it made me feel like I was playing a worse version of the game for not having another player to do add management.

I bounced off of this pretty hard after dying a few too many times to insta-death spikes early on with a long stretch between shrines. I may have gone to the wrong area first though and it’s in my “retry later” Steam category.

It definitely feels like they go out of their way to make progress hard. The big question is does it let up a little with more abilities/beads? I'll probably keep plugging away at it slowly.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34112 on: January 13, 2020, 01:46:21 AM »
That guide says you can just have someone tank for you on normal, so its not so bad. Its like playing gears on insane with a partner who is on easy mode.

You just made it more difficult for yourself for no reason
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #34113 on: January 13, 2020, 02:33:44 AM »
Finished Whispers of a Machine. It's really short like an indie PnC (~4 hours) and it's just sorta good, but nothing special. It gives you all these powers like an evidence scanner or biometric analyzer and stuff but because the game is so short they're usually just used once right after you get them and maybe one once or twice after. I think the game would've been better if there was like 1/2 the abilities and you had to think to use them more for puzzle solving. The ending was good and had a lot of branching in final choice solutions, but everything up until then was pretty linear and as a mystery it was fairly straightforward. Wasn't a bad few hours, but wouldn't recommend playing it over other better PnC games. I think the last PnC I played was Unavowed last year and that was way better than this (and one of the top games I played last year).

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #34114 on: January 13, 2020, 01:38:15 PM »
First quiet weekend in a while and did a lot of nothing. Was on console most of weekend. Played a few things that were picked up on sale, haven't touched, etc.

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - Finished in basically two sittings. Loud, dumb, and vioent kideo game. There were a lot of hold-forward-to-win scripted moments and a bit too many QTE's, but I liked the  skill progression/upgrades and had a good time with the combat. Thinking back on it a bit it probably is pretty close to Uncharted 1. Hear the next one is good, will play it soonish. 

The Surge - Started off better than expected, seems kind of funny. I like foraging for limbs and it seems pretty well done? Played a few hours, hit a wall on first boss I found. Will get back to. Probably.  :lol

I have no idea when I started being ok with soulsy games after not really liking them for a while now. Unsure if it's that I don't like slow/methodical play, or I just suck at them. I recently got further in Dark Souls than have in past, and genuinely like Nioh (need to get back to it).I should give BB another shot one of these days.

Steep - Hard pass, game seems crap. Even the music seems terrible/lowish energy. Maybe it gets a bit better after tutorial section, but seemed like bad jank with a lot of procedurally-generated terrain. Deleted.

Shadow of the Colossus (2018) - For some reason I thought this was just a further uprezzed/cleaned-up rev but it's a full on remaster. Game is gorgeous. Did first colossus and quit, will save for a rainy day.

Bebpo

« Reply #34115 on: January 13, 2020, 02:06:36 PM »
Yeah, SoTC was a full remake and great. That's why people are excited about whatever Bluepoint is doing next if they're doing the same thing from now on. Imagine Demon Souls looking like that.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #34116 on: January 13, 2020, 03:57:22 PM »
I'd try Celeste but the "it's about depression" stuff is a big turnoff, not really a fan of "depression culture" so popular with gen Z...

I downloaded Lego City Undercover since it has the 'going away soon' flag on gamepass. It is very much GTA for kids. You're a cop but they make donut cracks and such constantly, you can 'borrow' anyone's car and say 'sorry it's an emergency', there's little bits set to old popular songs, and you have some item that's literally the wii u gamepad as your communicator or whatever and they didn't change or try to hide that at all for the port.
Hi

Svejk

« Reply #34117 on: January 13, 2020, 06:13:30 PM »
I think I'm starting to get into a groove with Baldur's Gate:EE some.  Some of the interface is tedious, but also there's some weird gameplay things that are questionable.  Like for example, the inventory management is a chore when gathering potions and trying to distribute them among your peeps.  Unless I'm doing something wrong, I just end up passing the whole lot off to each character to use.  Is there a way to divide them up amongst everyone?  (Granted, I'm playing on Android).  I Just finished clearing the mine with the tainted ore.   Wanted to play through this before BG2, and even Siege of Dragonspear too.   
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 06:35:59 PM by Svejk »

Bebpo

« Reply #34118 on: January 13, 2020, 06:23:03 PM »
I just played that last fall. Don't remember about the inventory :(

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #34119 on: January 13, 2020, 07:09:15 PM »
Tried to play Two Worlds 2 man it aged worse than the first one.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34120 on: January 13, 2020, 07:18:22 PM »
Tried to play Two Worlds 2 man it aged worse than the first one.

Two Worlds 1 was goofy, janky fun. With Two Worlds 2 they actually tried harder to make a good game but didn't, and it just made the whole thing dull and forgettable.
dog

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #34121 on: January 13, 2020, 07:20:41 PM »
The default MC looks like a front man for a Nu Metal band.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Has anyone played the new expansions that came out in the last few years?
[close]

paprikastaude

« Reply #34122 on: January 14, 2020, 12:33:37 AM »
Hellblade - w-w-walking simulator :snore Imagine making Viking Silent Hill and the best gameplay you come up with is lame ass Uncharted corridors. I wanted to say "with button mashing inbetween" but the fights are actually legit.

bluemax

« Reply #34123 on: January 14, 2020, 12:43:17 AM »
Yeah, SoTC was a full remake and great. That's why people are excited about whatever Bluepoint is doing next if they're doing the same thing from now on. Imagine Demon Souls looking like that.

I watched a GDC talk with their Tech Director and their methods for re-mastering games is pretty in depth. They actually get the original came compiling with all the old tools again before they start changing things. Sadly it isn't a freely available talk so I can't link to it.

This is a shorter version I guess:

NO

paprikastaude

« Reply #34124 on: January 14, 2020, 01:00:26 AM »
best thing about SotC is the improved controls. The camera can still be trash from time to time, but grabbing is less clunky. Also normal button layout.

paprikastaude

« Reply #34125 on: January 14, 2020, 08:36:34 AM »
I was playing the PS3 port(?) of SotC last year, got up to the 6th Collosi and oh my god the controls SUCK SO MUCH ASS. It's unbelievable how bad it is... the climbing, the grabbing, the bow etc. Very cumbersome.

It's way better in the remake. Game becomes the 10 9/10 it deserves to be in the remake, finally.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 01:51:18 AM by Spieler1 »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #34126 on: January 14, 2020, 12:42:08 PM »
I AM A FREE MAN NOW :rejoice

I CAN PLAY WHATEVER I WANT :gladbron

Time to play Jedi: Fallen Order. :ufup
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34127 on: January 14, 2020, 02:09:52 PM »
1000/1137

Sorry? Is polish math different?
fat

bluemax

« Reply #34128 on: January 14, 2020, 10:28:21 PM »
I was playing the PS3 port(?) of SotC last year, got up to the 6th Collosi and oh my god the controls SUCK SO MUCH ASS. It's unbelievable how bad it is... the climbing, the grabbing, the bow etc. Very cumbersome.

The PS3 version is pretty much all the old PS2 gameplay code running on top of a newer renderer (this is an oversimplification). The PS4 version they actually put in more QoL changes.
NO

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #34129 on: January 14, 2020, 10:39:36 PM »
^_^

paprikastaude

« Reply #34130 on: January 15, 2020, 01:50:46 AM »
Hellblade - w-w-walking simulator :snore Imagine making Viking Silent Hill and the best gameplay you come up with is lame ass Uncharted corridors. I wanted to say "with button mashing inbetween" but the fights are actually legit.

Those bosses :leon

Bebpo

« Reply #34131 on: January 15, 2020, 02:25:20 AM »
Binary Domain - That gorilla boss, geeeeeez  :gloomy

Still beat it, but boy giant bosses that insta-track you and one-hit KO you over and over and have a billion HP are pretty annoying.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #34132 on: January 15, 2020, 06:48:32 AM »
So what you're saying is that you've not really completed it.

I thought you had higher standards.

Chooky

« Reply #34133 on: January 15, 2020, 09:27:40 AM »
but what is a plat if it isn't full completion

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #34134 on: January 15, 2020, 09:56:36 AM »
a plat

Freyj

« Reply #34135 on: January 15, 2020, 10:40:49 AM »
Installed and fired up Warframe and hit an immediate wall on too much shit to figure out after the tutorial mission. Wanted to try to wean myself off of Path of Exile with a similar sort of online progression thing, but the F2P model there seems a bit more grating what with boosters and paid mods and shit. So I’m back to leveling another PoE Metamorph league character I guess.

Maybe 20 hours into Underrail, a brutal grognard take on Fallout 1/2 that I enjoy far more than I probably should. Will still take me months to finish much less to get to the Expeditions DLC.

Luigi’s Mansion 3 was a road trip pickup. I think the boss encounters get a little too wacky with trying to make use of every tool in Luigi’s arsenal but the core concept of the series is still one of the best original ideas Nintendo has had in eons.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #34136 on: January 15, 2020, 11:19:44 AM »
I AM A FREE MAN NOW :rejoice

I CAN PLAY WHATEVER I WANT :gladbron

Time to play Jedi: Fallen Order. :ufup

Lords of the Fallen and Salt and Sanctuary are also still there.

Freyj

« Reply #34137 on: January 15, 2020, 11:33:42 AM »
Let It Die was pretty disappointing iirc.

Salt & Sanctuary was good though.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #34138 on: January 15, 2020, 12:05:54 PM »
Is Jedi Fallen Order really Souls like? Doubt... my co-worker categorized it more as Uncharted + Metroid Prime + Souls.

It's got bonfires and estus flasks. :trumps
©@©™

paprikastaude

« Reply #34139 on: January 15, 2020, 12:09:28 PM »
Let it Die was fun until you hit the paywall. Which afaik has only been getting worse, as usual within the F2P cycle.