Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3591279 times)

Bebpo

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #34260 on: February 03, 2020, 03:55:21 PM »
RDR2 pc port is doing my head in. I continued playing all friday night, saturday too. Sunday when their servers had trouble I got an error ingame stating error gfx state or some shit like that.

It has to do with Vulkan but thats what Ive BEEN using this whole time and now it wont load with vulkan

argh this port

Yeah it’s not a great/good port. Even on dx12 I had a crash over the weekend when trying to do the 5 min run from Valentine to Rhodes and it crashed midway. Luckily I only seem to get crashes every bunch of hours so it’s manageable but still annoying. Crash during an hour mission means starting from scratch again since no checkpoint saving.   :'(

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #34261 on: February 03, 2020, 05:44:26 PM »
Just Cause 4 - I didn't play JC3, but this doesn't seem as good as JC2? Im not really sure what I'm meant to be doing, theres tons of objectives on the map and I'm kinda just doing stuff. The game didn't really explain its progression systems very well. I miss completing locations by destroying all the infrastructure - it looks like this is back to extent but its more of an XP gauge of sorts? I dunno. The game looks good and its fun enough though. The novelty physics gimmick toys are pretty cool.

I didn't play 4, but 3 was definitely less fun than 2. If your game is as repetitive as JC, maybe making a bigger and bigger map is gonna stop being a plus at some point.

The main issue with 3 was all your skills/gear were locked behind stupid mini-game activities for progression which made it very unfun to progress and get up to full wrecking ability speed. Instead of some race being a fun optional side activity to change things up it suddenly becomes a mandatory frustrating race. Bad design but I guess they figured no one was playing their side stuff so they forced it in.

I didn't really get into JC3 until I got the DLC.  Getting mechs and the jetpack makes a big difference in the game play and gives it that big over the top feel the base game is missing.

I agree on there being too much side stuff, but that's par for the course for most open world games now.

I think they're doing the same thing with JC4 and all the cool shit is paywallled behind DLC packs and a season pass. Theres a hoverboard in one DLC! I'm temped but the season pass aint cheap (like 50 NZD) so I'll wait for a sale or something.

And get a load of this Shark and Bark Pack. Looks awesome, but its seven bucks!

« Reply #34262 on: February 03, 2020, 09:48:05 PM »
Played and finished Cave Story+ for the first time and it was pretty fun, I had already played Kero Blaster but the controls still took some getting used to despite being pretty similar. I wish the Switch version had some in-game achievements in lieu of Nintendo at least, makes it hard to know what objectives are left to do after finishing the first play through without it. Ended up having to look online at the steam achievements.

I also recently finished Link's Awakening, outside of looking very pretty I didn't get the point of the game. It just kinda existed. It didn't have any challenge, puzzles or story to speak of, even the music was forgettable. But maybe I'm being harsh since it was a remake of a GB game, never played the original but it might have been impressive when it came out and they didn't want to mess about with the remake too much.

Bebpo

« Reply #34263 on: February 04, 2020, 04:13:24 AM »
Stumbled into Saint Dennis when looking for the trapper to sell some legendary animals in rdr2. Haven't really explored it yet, saving it for when the story gets there, but dang, at night the city looks pretty amazing. So cool to have a real legit city in RDR. Also having been to New Orleans it's cool to recognize a lot of it.

I think I'm getting towards the end of ch.3. I've done a ton of missions down here in plantation estate land (which is kinda a small section of the map for the amount of missions/hours spent down here so far), so I gotta imagine it'll be moving a bit east to St. Dennis real soon. Around 40 hours in now.

kingv

« Reply #34264 on: February 04, 2020, 11:47:28 AM »
Been playing some mediocre games lately. On the last episode of telltale Batman. Which is a telltale game. I’m mostly enjoying it though.

Also been playing through Mad Max. This is a really mediocre Ubisoft clone with Batman combat, though I like most of the gameplay systems ok. It’s biggest problem is it is map checklist city. That’s really all the game is and there is like literally nothing else to it, but upgrading your car is fun and it gets noticeably more powerful as you go.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #34265 on: February 04, 2020, 01:39:46 PM »
Just Cause 4 - I didn't play JC3, but this doesn't seem as good as JC2? Im not really sure what I'm meant to be doing, theres tons of objectives on the map and I'm kinda just doing stuff. The game didn't really explain its progression systems very well. I miss completing locations by destroying all the infrastructure - it looks like this is back to extent but its more of an XP gauge of sorts? I dunno. The game looks good and its fun enough though. The novelty physics gimmick toys are pretty cool.

I didn't play 4, but 3 was definitely less fun than 2. If your game is as repetitive as JC, maybe making a bigger and bigger map is gonna stop being a plus at some point.

The main issue with 3 was all your skills/gear were locked behind stupid mini-game activities for progression which made it very unfun to progress and get up to full wrecking ability speed. Instead of some race being a fun optional side activity to change things up it suddenly becomes a mandatory frustrating race. Bad design but I guess they figured no one was playing their side stuff so they forced it in.

I didn't really get into JC3 until I got the DLC.  Getting mechs and the jetpack makes a big difference in the game play and gives it that big over the top feel the base game is missing.

I agree on there being too much side stuff, but that's par for the course for most open world games now.

I think they're doing the same thing with JC4 and all the cool shit is paywallled behind DLC packs and a season pass. Theres a hoverboard in one DLC! I'm temped but the season pass aint cheap (like 50 NZD) so I'll wait for a sale or something.

(Image removed from quote.)

I got JC4 at the PSN Holiday Sale for like $15.  With my backlog, I'm cool waiting until I can get the DLC for a couple bucks each like with JC3.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34266 on: February 04, 2020, 05:46:43 PM »

The map in 3 wasn't bigger than 2 (?if anything, it was smaller, since it had more water), and i don't think 4 is particularly bigger either.
JC is just a very mediocre game that blew up with 2 because it wasn't as competitive of a market, and they were the cute underdog.
That said, i also agree 2 was a bit more fun, because of the different biomes, though 3 had more complexity in the geography and the wingsuit was very cool.
Progression was horrid, like you said, but i modded that shit, so whatever  :lol.

Tried to play 4 for an hour, and it was so bugged to hell, i couldn't even enjoy that little time with it, maybe it's fixed now?

Bebpo

« Reply #34267 on: February 05, 2020, 12:13:09 AM »
RDR2 - Shit got real at the end of ch.3

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I kinda figured with all the camp stuff that some of these/most of these people in the gang are gonna die and it'll have more impact after all their missions and stuff.

RIP SEAN
First to go
[close]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 12:31:33 PM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #34268 on: February 05, 2020, 12:28:33 PM »
Also, good writing there in that arc.

Was a nice twist with the families setting Dutch's gang up and striking back. You've seen this kind of story a million times where a bunch of grifters are playing some rural folks and figured it would play out like usual with something going wrong and the gang getting found out and having to run.

So having the families be smart and clearly aware of everything that has been happening and trying to kill the gang was a well written original twist. That shootout in Rhodes gave me Tombstone vibes.

Also story is definitely starting to have some uncomfortable moments of bad dudes doing bad things, like after the Valentine bank robbery you go back to the first debt collector mission place and have a conversation with the wife who makes you feel pretty shitty about what you're doing. And the part in the manor where dutch is dragging the old lady down the stairs after you killed the whole family is pretty fucked up stuff.
[close]

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34269 on: February 05, 2020, 12:50:03 PM »

I kinda figured with all the camp stuff that some of these/most of these people in the gang are gonna die and it'll have more impact after all their missions and stuff.

RIP SEAN
First to go
[close]

Just did that part last night as well, still an amazing part.

I will continue to play tonight as well, just got past that mission you showed up there.

I am very curious what you will think of the story when all is said and done
What

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #34270 on: February 05, 2020, 01:02:27 PM »

I got JC4 at the PSN Holiday Sale for like $15.  With my backlog, I'm cool waiting until I can get the DLC for a couple bucks each like with JC3.

Speak of the devil the JC4 season pass is already 50% off ($15) on PSN.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #34271 on: February 05, 2020, 07:27:35 PM »
Finished base Witcher 3 story + all missable story quests + all contracts + all land-based POIs (fuck the sea ones) in 140+ hours, after chipping away at it for a bit over three weeks.

Awesome fucking journey.

Series as a whole just kept getting better (and the first one was already pretty awesome!). I do miss just how tightly structured the second game was though. Lots of superfluous crap in 3 that would’ve been better off axed in order to tighten up more deserving content. Oh, and the combat being bad is such a dumb fucking meme at this point. It’s not amazing by any stretch of the imagination, but the interplay between swords/signs/potions/oils/bombs is really cool.

Anyways, I still likely have 50+ hours to finish both expansions, so still lots of shit left. I didn’t hate the ending I got, but it felt pretty underwhelming. Hopefully Blood and Wine is a more satisfying conclusion.
Margs

kingv

« Reply #34272 on: February 05, 2020, 10:10:55 PM »
I thought blood and wine is extremely satisfying, especially if you have been in since the first game.

I skipped the 2nd, personally, just couldn’t get into it.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #34273 on: February 06, 2020, 03:09:27 PM »
Been playing a lot of Dark Souls lately, pwned the Bed of Chaos.

Started up Demon Souls too.
[close]

Am on the last boss, need to try a different armor/ring/weapon strategy got my ass handed to me.

Died a couple more times and shit slapped him. :rejoice
[close]
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 04:08:07 PM by D3RANG3D »

RyoonZ

« Reply #34274 on: February 07, 2020, 06:45:20 PM »
Finished Atelier Ryza

This one is very welcoming to newcomer. It simplified a lot of its game mechanic and removed the time limit. It also is the beginning of the sub series, so it's brand new world. Character design is amazing as you can see from it getting all the fan arts even before the game came out. I like the sidequests, there's no more board quests and it's getting replaced by NPC requests which have their own mini stories kinda like Yakuza sub stories. It's on the short side as well, it took me 50 hours to platinum, probably only 30 hours for the main story.

RIP SEAN
First to go
[close]

That last screenshot was the hypest moment in the game, it peaked there to be honest.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34275 on: February 07, 2020, 07:01:02 PM »
It simplified a lot of its game mechanic and removed the time limit.

The time limit hasn't really been a big part of the series in a while, and the last one to have a really strict time limit was Rorona [in 2009]. And the remake of Rorona took it out completely.
dog

BIONIC

« Reply #34276 on: February 08, 2020, 11:49:30 AM »
Finished all of Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone in about 16+ hours.

Pretty fun expansion, and Shani is just :mouf

She has the weirdest fucking accent though. She tries to do an American accent, but constantly slips into her real one which sounds kinda Australian or something.

A crazy amount of branching choices. I’d definitely be interested in replaying it at some point, but that won’t be anytime soon though.

Very heavy on cutscenes and dialogue weirdly enough. Not too much witchering it felt like.

Will try to knock out Blood and Wine within the next week.
Margs

Svejk

« Reply #34277 on: February 08, 2020, 03:47:02 PM »
I know I am 25 years late but Skyrim is fucking amazing.

- Dragons resurrecting Dragons
- Fus Ro Dah!
- Nordic setting
- Giants vs Dragons Radiant AI
- runs 60 fps in Full HD, 4x AA, 16x AF, ENB on on my business laptop

60 hours in and barely scratching the content. ETA 250 hours to 100% the game.
Always down fo dat Skyrim talk...

Jeremy Soule's finest work too..  :lawd

Are you using any mods?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34278 on: February 09, 2020, 01:15:38 PM »
I was going to push through and finish Mafia III anyway despite it just being the same 3 step mission over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over but fuck this game. They spent all that money on licensing every song you've ever heard in a Vietnam era movie just to have you do the same mission on repeat for 20 hours. :camby
The design document:

"You can shoot the KKK while listening to Vietnam songs"

That's it, that's the game. Now give us $100 million.

lvl 44 in Odyssey now. Cleaning up quest lines. Still so pretty  :whew

Would slut for Alkibiades again  :preach
[close]
🤴

Freyj

« Reply #34279 on: February 09, 2020, 03:20:44 PM »
Running only 4 mods:

- SkyUI (imagine releasing the PC game back in 2013 without it...)
- Show Enemy Level (seriously why isn't this a thing ?!?). This is the whole fucking mod:

Code: [Select]
; ${level} - Enemy level
; ${name} - Enemy name
; ${color} - Color set in [LevelDifferenceColor] section
[EnemyNameText]
<font color="${color}">Lv.${level}</font> ${name}

- some ENB with better lightning (one of the top downloads @ Nexus) - no trees, roads, chars, buildings etc. just better lighting and FX
- SIMM (Better Meshes - more polys per object)

The "show enemy level mod" gives interesting implications: I did some dungeon with LVL1/6/13 Draugrs @ my char LVL 14; generic stuff, you know? and then the boss of this dungeon is a LVL50 Lich that OHKO's me (Vokun).

The fuck is this scaling... ?!?

Found my first one-handed Ebony. So nice :)

Skyrim needs almost as much mod help as Oblivion for scaling and perks and what not to not be turbofucked, it just runs better and looks nice out of the box.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #34280 on: February 10, 2020, 01:34:59 PM »
I was going to push through and finish Mafia III anyway despite it just being the same 3 step mission over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over but fuck this game. They spent all that money on licensing every song you've ever heard in a Vietnam era movie just to have you do the same mission on repeat for 20 hours. :camby

I finished the game, but that was definitely my biggest issue with the game.  Also you get way too overpowered way too early in the game.

Bebpo

« Reply #34281 on: February 10, 2020, 08:12:32 PM »
Got back to RDR2. At first I was feeling there wasn't a lot to do in this game besides some of these challenges and collect-a-thon and bounties, but at this point in the game in ch.4 I'm kinda amazed at how much there is to do on this map. Guy in Rhodes has a stagecoach tip-off, there's new bounties everywhere, stranger missions that are actually quests left and right, at camp Lenny's got a stagecoach mission, Uncle's got a herding mission, there's always someone with a fishing mission, Arthur's ex has a mission, etc.....

I'm saving all the main yellow required missions for last and doing all the white optional mission stuff but there's just tons and tons of it.

Plus all these chance encounters you run into, which some are like full on mini-sidequests
Plus gang camps you discover and can take out
Plus homesteads you run across
legendary animal territories....

Pretty impressed how meaty the game is. I doubt I'll finish all the challenges, and not going out of my way to look for collectibles, but I do plan on doing every white & yellow mission and can definitely see this being a 100 hour+ game with that.

Also Javier playing the guitar everywhere in camp is so good. Adds a lot along with the millions of conversations different camp people are having with each other.
At the start of Ch.4

When you get back from saving Jack and everyone is singing together it's great  :-[

[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #34282 on: February 15, 2020, 12:17:45 AM »

RDR2 - Things didn't go so well in St. Denis. Got to Ch.5.

Pacing is definitely back on track at this point. Sometimes the pace would kinda die down in ch.3 & 4 when you're stuck in one area doing mission after mission and stranger stuff. But now the main plot is really moving and hard to put down.

I still have no idea how the game is going to use the rest of the map considering the small chunks of the map each chapter has used so far (ch.1 = northwest grizzlies, ch.2 new hanover plains, ch.3 plantations, ch.4 st denis). There's still the entire eastern/northeastern coast of the map I haven't explored, the blackwater side on the southwest, and then the

RDR1 map to the southwest of blackwater.
[close]

I know the game's 6 chapters, so assuming ch.5 is on Guarma that's a lot of map left to cover in a chapter and a bit. Then again story progress is only 54%, so maybe there's a lot of story left. But if the story progress% includes gold medals than that's not really accurate since most of my missions are bronze, so who knows.

Will just see where the story goes.

RIP KEIRAN, JOSEA, LENNY
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34283 on: February 15, 2020, 05:50:59 AM »
Won the olympics for Sparta  :mynicca

Does Testikles always gets eaten by sharks? Occasionally weird things happen in this game  :lol
[close]
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #34284 on: February 15, 2020, 03:42:26 PM »
So close to the end of ch.5 in RDR2 repeatable crash at the start of a main story mission every time so can't do the mission. Googled it and apparently other people are hitting it but running in safe mode for just this one mission seems to allow you get by it. Great port there! :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/RDR2/comments/dydu4u/icarus_and_friends_bug/f80jbjj/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1174180/discussions/0/1750142526436030441/

Bebpo

« Reply #34285 on: February 16, 2020, 04:09:47 PM »
A bit into ch.6 now. I'm really enjoying the character writing for Arthur. The end of the money lending questline in particular was really good where instead of

beating people down for their debts, you go around absolving the debts and helping people
[close]

I had it spoiled (pretty much the only story spoiler) that

Arthur gets TB, so that wasn't a big surprise, but the way the game is handling it is interesting.
[close]

Pretty much wrapping up stranger stories/sidequests now before getting back to the main story since I'm getting closer to the end.

Bebpo

« Reply #34286 on: February 17, 2020, 02:58:15 AM »

Working through some backlog, playing AC Origins DLC Expansions. Finished The Hidden Ones which was ok. Was nice for getting back in the hang of things and remembering how to play AC Origins, but not much of a story, Sinai Peninsula isn't a very interesting historic locale and it's like 4 hours long. Reminds me that AC Origins is fun, but too easy and no real strictness in stealth.

Started on Curse of the Pharaoh which is supposed to be the more meaty expansion, so will see how it stacks up. At least straight from the start Thebes is an interesting historical place. Plus there's an ancient sci-fi artifact and people back from the dead which sounds interesting.

Jumping back to these DLCs does show me that I'm probably gonna skip Odyssey completely. Origins gameplay feels a bit dated at this point and Odyssey being more of the same probably won't do much for me. Hopefully the upcoming one has some interesting gameplay changes to it.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34287 on: February 17, 2020, 05:56:22 AM »
I didn't love either of the DLC, but the second one is definitely more interesting.

They kind of mirror Witcher 3 in that sense: The first one is short but more story related, the second one goes wilder places, but feels a bit more detached, plot wise.
Of course, they don't really compare to W3's in terms of quality, still, exploring the Duat and all those places is sort of fun.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #34288 on: February 18, 2020, 01:24:29 AM »
Just Death Marched through the Witcher 3 main story. Got an achievement that less than 1% of gamers (on xbox) got. No biggie.

Toad Prince in HoS insta-squashed me under his fat butt.  :'(  fuck this I got the achievement I'm lowering the difficulty now
[close]

Otherwise I've been playing a little on my new PC. It's kind of weird but I'm a lot better at Doom 2016 with a gamepad than I am with a mouse/keyboard. And I never realized how much I would miss rumble in games.

bdoughty

« Reply #34289 on: February 18, 2020, 02:13:00 AM »
Beat the final level of Zombie Army 4. Ended up with just over 10,000 kills on the default difficulty (medium), which I found fair but towards the end they will throw a ton of different zombies at you. Going to start playing Hoard mode and bought the season pass because I am a fan of the developer and will be looking for more levels. Also need to go through a few chapters to find a few things that were missed and getting gold on all chapters.  One thing I enjoy is that you not only have a difficulty but you can set how many players worth of zombies you want solo or co-op. So I tried a few levels on medium with 4 players worth of zombies. Works well for getting your score up and hitting gold but one of the levels I tried had a snipers, specifically the one where they are introduced in the story. 3 or 4 snipers constantly re-spawning while you are dealing with regular zombies and moving 3 gas canisters to a boat, leaving you with only a pistol while carrying. Stressful would be the nicest thing I could say about the experience.

If you liked the Trilogy, it is a no-brainer (pun intended). More environmental traps which allows for larger/more creative kills. Gunplay is what you would expect from Rebellion. Animations are a bit janky, the story is laughable and the voice work is just bad.  Hitler is back yet again, your goal is to stop him.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34290 on: February 18, 2020, 04:36:49 PM »
I enjoyed finishing Sniper Elite 4 in coop (even though it was super short) but this zombie versions seem to miss most of what made the base game's gameplay fun (namely the stealth and sniping from as far as you can).
I mean it's kind of a wonky sniper game in general, but as a Hitman hybrid is pretty fun; however i can't see it being enjoyable as a run and gun shooter.

bdoughty

« Reply #34291 on: February 18, 2020, 04:59:24 PM »
For people that do not like stealth based snipers that is what makes the Zombie games fun .  You can still snipe from distance, depending on the level but it forces you to utilize the secondary gun and pistol more that a standard sniper game. Plus you get a greater variety of enemies with the Zombies.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #34292 on: February 18, 2020, 10:44:11 PM »
I thought I had all of those but somehow I don't.  :lol

paprikastaude

« Reply #34293 on: February 20, 2020, 08:01:56 PM »
That first Gameboy Castlevania :holeup Not even the music can save this, this shit is beyond slow and clunky. Bailed out for the second Gameboy game and it's already infinitely more legit.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #34294 on: February 20, 2020, 08:37:06 PM »
That first Gameboy Castlevania :holeup Not even the music can save this, this shit is beyond slow and clunky. Bailed out for the second Gameboy game and it's already infinitely more legit.

There is a version of the first Castlevania in one of the Konami GB compilations that fixes the slowdown iirc.

Or just play Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth.
[close]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 08:42:16 PM by D3RANG3D »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #34295 on: February 20, 2020, 08:49:52 PM »
Up to the final save point in Cold Steel 3. Will be nice to finally move on and play a non-Kiseki game. Maybe I'll do Astral Chain next.
Loved the game, though things fall apart story-wise in the final chapter. A lot of it just seemingly makes no sense and seems a cop-out to what they were building up to with this game.
^_^

paprikastaude

« Reply #34296 on: February 20, 2020, 09:01:11 PM »

There is a version of the first Castlevania in one of the Konami GB compilations that fixes the slowdown iirc.

Or just play Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth.
[close]

I got that before the Wii shop was killed, I need to play it. Contra Rebirth was really good. Zero reason why these things aren't being put into any collection, they aren't using any console gimmicks like the DS games or whatever.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 12:01:51 PM by Spieler1 »

Chooky

« Reply #34297 on: February 21, 2020, 03:53:37 PM »
skyrim isn't designed to do every fucking questline in one go, it's designed to give you options. duh

bdoughty

« Reply #34298 on: February 21, 2020, 05:34:00 PM »
140 hours in and you have not picked a side?  Like Todd said, "See that mountain, stop looking at it and get back to the main storyline."

Svejk

« Reply #34299 on: February 21, 2020, 05:50:41 PM »
I have around 300 hours of Skyrim combined between 3 different versions and STILL haven't seen everything.  My current run in VR has me doing more a magic build which I normally don't care for in games.  It's exhilarating and immersive af.

Edit:  As for it being bloated,.... it's different nowadays..  If I didn't have a plethora of other games on hand with a growing backlog, AC: O was just too much...  It was awesome and loved the girth, but time was against it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 06:33:13 PM by Svejk »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #34300 on: February 21, 2020, 06:09:37 PM »
I have been taking a break from souls games to play around and continue on with DQXI. I was about to quit again (for some reason I am finding the twee translation really grating this go round) when I got over a hump and am back enjoying it again for now. Giving FFVI vibes. :doge

RyoonZ

« Reply #34301 on: February 21, 2020, 06:58:19 PM »
Finished Borderlands 3

This feel much more like Borderlands 1 gameplay and with central villains of 2. The gunplay is tight and very fun but the number of enemies felt like it's designed for coop. I played it solo entirely and the number of enemies felt quite overwhelming, I don't know if the number changes in coop mode. That aside, there's not major changes, the visual upgrades weren't that big. Should have released this 3years ago and never made Battleborn.

bdoughty

« Reply #34302 on: February 21, 2020, 08:08:37 PM »
I never got that feeling and I play with the weakest character, Moze.  It's always about the Build/Guns. I can go through Circle of Slaughter in Mayhem Mode 3 Solo easily because of my build. I use a purple grenade that blows away most Legenday grenades, with homing 3 MIRVS that each generates 3 more grenades and a Flakker and Dastardly Maggie. Run Deathless/Bloodletter/Transformer Shield.

Beat the Mailiwan Takedown Solo, once they lowered the difficulty for people playing in groups less than 4. The problem with Moze is her lack of damage and even after a tweak the Bear is still useless for me outside of tossing it out there so my anointed weapons kick in.

Try Amara, she is the most dominant character in the game with a could good builds. Zane is second best due to the DLC and a specific mod.

The number of enemies and badass enemies increase for each additional person you play with in co-op, also better loot. I only play on TVHM because it throws out more Badasses for somewhat better loot.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #34303 on: February 21, 2020, 10:45:07 PM »
I'm sure the next TES will have timesavers to sate your desire to be right

Bebpo

« Reply #34304 on: February 21, 2020, 11:18:17 PM »
I only played Borderlands 1, but solo they just felt like bullet sponge zzzzzzzzz enemies and got boring real quick. I heard 2 was way better but never tried it and never had an interest in 3.

I have been taking a break from souls games to play around and continue on with DQXI. I was about to quit again (for some reason I am finding the twee translation really grating this go round) when I got over a hump and am back enjoying it again for now. Giving FFVI vibes. :doge

How far are you?

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #34305 on: February 21, 2020, 11:53:26 PM »
Angri La  :teehee  ::)

« Reply #34306 on: February 22, 2020, 12:33:45 PM »
Felt kinda nostalgic for some PS1 era RPG so I decided to play Xenogears for the first time. Five hours in and my god the battle system so far sucks, specially the mech/gears battles, already getting annoyed everytime a random battle happens. Kind of strange since I normally enjoy turn based systems and I thought a more interactive system like this game's would have been better if anything, maybe it'll get better hopefully. Also the camera is just pure ass, can barely tell where the fuck I'm going, why didn't they just center the view behind the character? It might have made navigating towns a bit harder, but at least in dungeons you'd be able to tell where you are walking.

Bitching aside, the story and atmosphere seem pretty good so far so gonna stick with it.

Bebpo

« Reply #34307 on: February 22, 2020, 01:12:20 PM »
haha, I remember the on-foot battle system being pretty good but the mech one being pretty basic (still better than the mech battles in Xenoblade X).
If you don't like the combat idk if you'll make it. It's a very, very long game. Story/music are A++ though.

Game needed a remaster bad during the PSP/DS era when they could've re-used the assets while improving the gameplay. Too late for that now and no way they ever remake it, so the game will always be what it is.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34308 on: February 22, 2020, 01:17:42 PM »
You wont have to worry about the combat in the second disc as there's hardly any
fat

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #34309 on: February 22, 2020, 01:47:27 PM »
Currently playing Control to see what all the hub-bub is about. Right now it just feels like the stand out is the visuals and the story. As a shooter it's not my thing. Sure, throwing things is fun, but that wears off right quick. Right now I'm trying to find Marshall. We'll see if it gets better.
que

Pennywise

« Reply #34310 on: February 22, 2020, 06:15:43 PM »
Judgment.

Love the Yakuza series and finally got around to play Judgment. While basic premise is different and there are alot of new gameplay elements, it still feels pretty much like a Yakuza title with a different backround.
The detective stuff is good at times, but can be repetetive. Sidequests vary from good to fantastic again.

Hopefully 7 will be translated soon, because the new gameplay aspects in those impression/review pieces sounded fantastic.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #34311 on: February 22, 2020, 08:19:34 PM »
yeah guess what, i am still playing csgo. here's a rage/distinguished mentally-challenged fellow/engrish compilation one of the guys i play with put together.

BIONIC

« Reply #34312 on: February 23, 2020, 01:28:26 AM »
Finished Witcher 3 Blood and Wine after about 40 hours a few days ago. Got the “tragic” ending first because a seemingly single innocuous dialog choice could invalidate all the shit that I did. Reloaded my save when I read about that stupidity. Surprisingly binary choice by the game’s standards. Overall loved the expansion though, but kinda disappointed it barely had any connections to the main plot lines, though I get it I suppose.

That basically brought my entire Witcher 3 journey to 200 fucking hours. Outside of some of the open world busy work, it was an absolute joy all the way through. The game kept surprising me, and throwing great quests my way. Biggest complaint I probably have is that the loot/gear/leveling systems feel completely superfluous and honestly amateur hour compared to the rest of the game. Building your character in particular is ridiculously restrictive for no good reason.

One thing I never mentioned is my absolute love for Gwent. I absolutely did not expect to like it going in, but I got hooked from the fucking tutorial. Literally got all the cards, and won all the tournaments without using guides or even going out of my way for it. Shit was just straight up fun.

So of course, I’m now playing Thronebreaker. An entire game based on Gwent, yes daddy :mouf

I’m about a third of the way through the second map, and it’s fucking awesome so far. Highly recommended!
Margs

Bebpo

« Reply #34313 on: February 23, 2020, 02:49:00 AM »
I was out tonight and Xenogears came up for some reason in discussion. Got me listening to the soundtrack. Still so good. Probably one of the best videogame osts ever.

My one life regret at this point is still not having gone to the XG concert. Could've gone w/duckroll but didn't ;_;

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #34314 on: February 23, 2020, 06:53:43 AM »
Been playing some mediocre games lately. On the last episode of telltale Batman. Which is a telltale game. I’m mostly enjoying it though.

Also been playing through Mad Max. This is a really mediocre Ubisoft clone with Batman combat, though I like most of the gameplay systems ok. It’s biggest problem is it is map checklist city. That’s really all the game is and there is like literally nothing else to it, but upgrading your car is fun and it gets noticeably more powerful as you go.

It is really mediocre. (heh) (/immortan_joe)

It reminded me of Assassins Creed 1, where there was the core of something interesting, but only about 4 things to do on a really big map, so players just have to do those 4 things over-and-over again.

It doesn't even feel particularly Mad Max-like that the primary mission is getting the little enclaves' kitted out with equipment and repair stations and water filters, and then just going around to the next one. For free, essentially.

Finished all of Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone in about 16+ hours.

Pretty fun expansion, and Shani is just :mouf

She has the weirdest fucking accent though. She tries to do an American accent, but constantly slips into her real one which sounds kinda Australian or something.

A crazy amount of branching choices. I’d definitely be interested in replaying it at some point, but that won’t be anytime soon though.

Very heavy on cutscenes and dialogue weirdly enough. Not too much witchering it felt like.

Will try to knock out Blood and Wine within the next week.

Curious about what non-Netflix characters look like, so I GIS'd Shani, and whoooooo, nelly:
 :nsfw
https://g4sky.net/blog/russian-cosplay-shani-the-witcher-3-lyumos/
 :nsfw

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #34315 on: February 23, 2020, 07:15:57 AM »
I'm finally making my way through RDR2, enjoying it a heap. It's very pretty, even on standard PS4 (not Pro). Mainly chiming in to say, "Yeah, the Micah jail breakout mission" also surprised me. There's the opening mission where it's clear Dutch's gang is not wantonly murderous by default, to it's surprising when Micah just goes Manson-Family in that, and Arthur seems to shrug and say, "Well, I guess we're murderin' now…"

GTA Online had an event "saying thanks" to players by giving away GTA$2M and then putting some of the mission-providing properties on sale. It was enough to bring me back for a bit, and I have to say that basic controls and interactions in GTA V are heaps easier than the complex amount of shit you have to remember for RDR2, which has GTA San Andreas levels of fiddly shit to look after and navigate, UI-wise.

Purchased the MC Clubhouse to try that out, and did the only Job that allowed solo play. That went off without a hitch, and then there was a Free Mode "Business Battle," which was fun until the very end.

This job required I shoot my way through a warehouse, grab a satchel, and then take it to the other end of the map. I didn't realize what a tight timetable there was, so by the end I'm BLAZING up the highway on a maxed out Bati 801 motorcycle, threading through traffic, having a blast, and I can see on the minimap that two players are actually nearby and waiting at the next offramp. I cut crosscountry and am looking for this dropoff with 10 seconds to spare, and manage to pull into it as the opposing two players burst through the fence. In other dropoff Jobs, entering the circle completes the delivery, and there I was with 4~6 seconds left — and the timer didn't stop! The other two players in their car drove into me, killing me, took the satchel and bailed. I wasn't even mad at them, just flummoxed that I'd spent 10 minutes competing this new mode, and the Job didn't resolve like Every Other Mission in GTA. :maf

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #34316 on: February 23, 2020, 08:25:46 AM »
I just tapped out on Skyrim after like 15 hours. The game just became a major  :snore

I'm not an ES hater by any means, I enjoyed both Morrowind and Oblivion. Skyrim just felt like a step down from TES4. I'm genuinely confused as to why this garnered as much praise as it did (I played modded even). Lots of copy&pasting in dungeons, boring ABC fetch quests, sword-sponge shit all over the place. Was it just because it dropped at the same time as GoT started up or something? I mean, I played Witcher 2 a year back or so, and that in comparison feels light years ahead of this (and was released at the same time I think?), even if they aren't the same "style" of RPG.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

bdoughty

« Reply #34317 on: February 23, 2020, 09:01:46 AM »
Hard to say really. I just enjoy TES and Fallout. They scratch an itch that has me playing hundreds of hours with each. Even Fallout 76 was enjoyable for me though mostly because I played it with a friend who also loves the Fallout series.  I played through Witcher 3 and outside of the story and beautiful world, the gameplay did little for me. Did not like the combat and controls one bit. The inventory UI was an absolute mess. Sure there were some fun missions but the majority are talk to X, go to location, use witcher sense, kill thing, return. Loved Gwent though.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #34318 on: February 23, 2020, 11:30:16 AM »
Oblivion/Morrowind had better guilds and just about everything else the only that Skyrim does than previous ES games is lore books and some of the Daedric quests it gets even more embarrassing when you add the GOAT DLC Shivering Isles.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34319 on: February 23, 2020, 12:43:14 PM »

TES6 will be insane.

Will it though
What