Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3558861 times)

Polident Hive

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #38220 on: June 14, 2022, 11:00:18 PM »
Midnight Fight Express demo. It’s an isometric beat ‘em up with Sleeping Dogs combat. If I played Sifu, that might be a better touchstone. Combat feels good and if everything around it pans out, could be really cool.

Signalis demo. Made a strong impression for the short time. Lazy way to describe it is a Silent Hill/Resident Evil throwback but cosmic space horror? Some MGS influences. A little bit Evangelion and Gantz. Seems it’s coming to Gamepass in October.

Bother with TREPANG2 breh

You can dual wield shotguns in bullet time

This is FEAR x John Wick

I’ll consider it. Other concern is it’ll run like shit on my grandpa pc. It was coughing up black smoke trying to run that fps rhythm game.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #38221 on: June 15, 2022, 07:21:23 AM »
Nah Trepang is crazy optimised
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #38222 on: June 15, 2022, 09:57:36 AM »
90 stars in Mario 64, nearly every one possible up to Tiny Huge Island.
The one aspect that really doesn't hold up in this is how the camera will suddenly pan and you have to then re-orient your controls with the camera. This makes walking or doing platforming on any narrow areas super frustrating.
^_^

Svejk

« Reply #38223 on: June 15, 2022, 10:32:06 AM »
On Marle's sidequest in Chrono Trigger.  Once I finish it, gonna try and take on the final chapter.

Y'all were talking about Tactics Ogre:LUCT and FFT in the random thread...  Between those two, re-releases and all, which one is the best? 

archnemesis

« Reply #38224 on: June 15, 2022, 11:41:11 AM »
Both remakes are great. If you haven't played either then I recommend playing Final Fantasy Tactics first. I find it more approachable.

Play the remake if you have access to it. Otherwise the original version is still worth playing.

I recently listened to the Retronauts episode on Tactics and I've been meaning to replay both games. Hopefully it will make its way to the new Playstation Plus service.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #38225 on: June 15, 2022, 11:59:06 AM »
Gun to head I pick FFT (single story vs tactics ogres branching paths) but both are worth dying for
fat

Tuckers Law

« Reply #38226 on: June 15, 2022, 12:04:46 PM »
Co-signed.  I also feel like FFT is the more accessible of the two for a new player, but really both it and Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together are very playable and the best of their class for this specific type of game.  Personally, I’ll always have a soft spot for the engrishy translation in the PS1 original of FFT, but I don’t know that it’s worth the novelty when playing the game for the first time.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38227 on: June 15, 2022, 10:28:28 PM »
Finished my first run-through of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge and it is really, really good.  Shits all over the older Konami beat-em-ups easily.  The game is chock-full of nostalgia and if you enjoyed the 80s Turtles cartoon and those early games, you're going to have a blast with this one!  The game is 16 levels long, but most stages can be cleared in around 7-8 minutes, so it goes by pretty quickly. 

They added replay value in the form of challenges/achievements and 'secret' items/characters to find- basically just smash everything and you'll get it all.  You can then collect items for the characters you find and get points towards leveling up.  There's also an arcade mode, which offers a limited number of lives to clear everything.

The game play isn't quite as deep or as challenging as Fight'N Rage or Streets Of Rage 4, but it's still very satisfying and leagues better than what the Konami games offered.  Plus it offers up to six players in local or online co-op!  Xbox and PC also have cross-play.

Visuals are on-point with detailed, color stages and sprites, and the music is all kinds of awesome.  It's a mix of early 90s Konami-esque music along with some hip-hop and one perfectly-fitting butt rock track:

https://twitter.com/lyteedge/status/1537236167111761920

https://twitter.com/lyteedge/status/1537257741206532097

I played this on Switch and encountered some stuttering here and there, but it didn't affect the game.  Also had a brief glitch where I did a jump kick and the character froze in place for a second, but then the game continued.
ど助平

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38228 on: June 16, 2022, 04:17:04 PM »
Decided to re-download Darkest Dungeon. Why am I doing this to myself?
Spud

Hamarr

« Reply #38229 on: June 17, 2022, 11:28:52 PM »
Finished my first run-through of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge and it is really, really good.  Shits all over the older Konami beat-em-ups easily.  The game is chock-full of nostalgia and if you enjoyed the 80s Turtles cartoon and those early games, you're going to have a blast with this one!  The game is 16 levels long, but most stages can be cleared in around 7-8 minutes, so it goes by pretty quickly. 

They added replay value in the form of challenges/achievements and 'secret' items/characters to find- basically just smash everything and you'll get it all.  You can then collect items for the characters you find and get points towards leveling up.  There's also an arcade mode, which offers a limited number of lives to clear everything.

The game play isn't quite as deep or as challenging as Fight'N Rage or Streets Of Rage 4, but it's still very satisfying and leagues better than what the Konami games offered.  Plus it offers up to six players in local or online co-op!  Xbox and PC also have cross-play.

Visuals are on-point with detailed, color stages and sprites, and the music is all kinds of awesome.  It's a mix of early 90s Konami-esque music along with some hip-hop and one perfectly-fitting butt rock track:

https://twitter.com/lyteedge/status/1537236167111761920

https://twitter.com/lyteedge/status/1537257741206532097

I played this on Switch and encountered some stuttering here and there, but it didn't affect the game.  Also had a brief glitch where I did a jump kick and the character froze in place for a second, but then the game continued.

I played the first few chapters last night.  It’s great.  It felt like a good improvement on the original while staying true to the old game. I’m not sure if it had an expanded move set or just communicated how to use it better. 

I want to lay the arcade game again. Wish the 360 version was backwards compatible.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38230 on: June 18, 2022, 05:14:57 AM »
There's a collection coming of all the classic Turtles games this year called the "Cowabunga Collection".

« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 05:20:19 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #38231 on: June 18, 2022, 11:55:04 PM »
I started to play TWEWY2 and was like "I should watch a recap of the first game, I don't remember anything about it" and I watched some story recaps including the switch port another day/new day stuff.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:wtf :thinking :derp  :doge

Like I loved TWEWY back in the day on DS. Great music, great art, cool death's game before death's games were overused, but like...I don't remember the plot being this ridiculous. Like people give Kingdom Heart's plot shit, but TWEWY 1's plot is waaaaaaaaaaaay more nonsense ridiculous insane nonsense than anything KH. The secret reports hurt my brain to read. It's like Code Geass in videogame plot form.

I never played any of the later ports because idk, the game was a neat dual-screen game and I just wasn't interested playing it on a single screen. Plus I don't replay rpgs generally. So it's been many years since TWEWY1 and watching these story recaps I didn't remember any of this. AT ALL.

I think I just sorta tuned it out and just remembered the great music and art and fun combat.

So now I know the "plot" going into TWEWY2 and that's useful, but now I'm sorta like wtf am I getting myself into  :awesome

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #38232 on: June 19, 2022, 01:15:16 AM »
played Loveland demo based on grimbeard's grimpressions video. Horror walking sim-ish, but cool premise and setting with a ps1 jank presentation..
will keep an eye on it's eventual release

Hamarr

« Reply #38233 on: June 19, 2022, 01:16:40 AM »
There's a collection coming of all the classic Turtles games this year called the "Cowabunga Collection".

This looks awesome.  I only have played like half of what was shown there.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38234 on: June 19, 2022, 06:18:09 AM »
The great thing about the 90's is that sometimes multi-platform releases from the likes of Konami and Capcom would be completely different even if they used the same assets or were based on same arcade release.
The Hyperstone Heist for Genesis/Megadrive is based on Turtles in Time just as the SNES game was but it is almost an entirely different game. It has fewer stages but longer stages and plays out differently.
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #38235 on: June 19, 2022, 11:29:52 AM »
119 stars in Mario 64, just gotta get the red coins on the final Bowser stage and then we'll say so long to gay Bowser. On Pride month of all months.  :supergay

Today I'm giving another shot at unlocking the Crash Bandicoot 1 bonus stages. If not I might just say fuck it, put in a cheat code, and play the levels that way.

Then next week gonna start Nocturne HD.
^_^

Tasty

« Reply #38236 on: June 19, 2022, 12:01:14 PM »
💜 💜 💜 OMORI on Nintendo Switch.  💜 💜 💜

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Debating whether to do the Hikikomori route since it'd be all new to me (plus it's where almost all the console-exclusive content is), but I don't know if I can kill my heart at the start of the game ignoring Kel. :cry
[close]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 05:38:46 PM by Tasty »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #38237 on: June 19, 2022, 02:13:13 PM »
I started to play TWEWY2 and was like "I should watch a recap of the first game, I don't remember anything about it" and I watched some story recaps including the switch port another day/new day stuff.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:wtf :thinking :derp  :doge

Like I loved TWEWY back in the day on DS. Great music, great art, cool death's game before death's games were overused, but like...I don't remember the plot being this ridiculous. Like people give Kingdom Heart's plot shit, but TWEWY 1's plot is waaaaaaaaaaaay more nonsense ridiculous insane nonsense than anything KH. The secret reports hurt my brain to read. It's like Code Geass in videogame plot form.

I never played any of the later ports because idk, the game was a neat dual-screen game and I just wasn't interested playing it on a single screen. Plus I don't replay rpgs generally. So it's been many years since TWEWY1 and watching these story recaps I didn't remember any of this. AT ALL.

I think I just sorta tuned it out and just remembered the great music and art and fun combat.

So now I know the "plot" going into TWEWY2 and that's useful, but now I'm sorta like wtf am I getting myself into  :awesome

I beat TWEWY2 and TWEWY plot has pretty much no bearing on the game, and also TWEWY2 plot is just as dumb. Enjoy the music
fat

Tasty

« Reply #38238 on: June 19, 2022, 05:37:56 PM »
NEO's music is fucking amaaaazing

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38239 on: June 19, 2022, 05:41:02 PM »
Resident Evil 2 Remake with the Xbox Series X enhancement patch :lawd
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #38240 on: June 19, 2022, 06:47:35 PM »
OK so for real what's the better console, Series X or PS5 Pro?

Asking as a neutral Ninthing, although I am a weeb.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #38241 on: June 19, 2022, 08:22:59 PM »
Series X for GamePass, duh. Don't you want to play Omori for FREE*?

* with price of subscription
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #38242 on: June 19, 2022, 08:56:12 PM »
Depends on if you want to play Sony games.

If not, Xbox is always better. Better hardware, better BC, cheaper especially with game pass, better 3rd party support usually. At this point it's just if you want to play the Sony games you get a PS5. Just like if you want to play the Nintendo games you get a Nintendo system.

Oh wait, it also depends on if you have a gaming pc. If you do, there is zero reason to get an Xbox since you can get game pass for PC. This is why I don't own an Xbox right now and last Xbox console I owned was a X360.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #38243 on: June 19, 2022, 11:10:14 PM »
You can play Sony games on Xbox too.

Enjoy Bugsnax and MLB on GamePass, and Omori
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #38244 on: June 19, 2022, 11:39:53 PM »
You can play Sony games on Xbox too.

Enjoy Bugsnax and MLB on GamePass, and Omori

This is true! Also Sony stuff is starting to come to PC but seems like they’ll lag it a year or two or three each game to boost PS5 sales.

Pretty much can’t go wrong with either if you also have a decent gaming pc.

Bebpo

« Reply #38245 on: June 19, 2022, 11:41:39 PM »
Also I played some Jumping Flash yesterday and as first experience with Sony’s BC emulator on PS5 was pretty impressed.  Looked & ran really well on modern day 4k tv. And rewind was great and instant. If they can actually get the content out, be a pretty nice way to play PS1 stuff.

Fingers crossed their PS2 emulator ends up being as thorough and the library ends up being good.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #38246 on: June 20, 2022, 09:21:56 AM »
I highly doubt they are adding more PS2 games, it's clear they're done with that endeavor, they didn't even bother updating the broken ones on PS5.

PS1 games I could see, but unsure on what games would get the Trophies treatment.
fat

Tasty

« Reply #38247 on: June 20, 2022, 10:50:20 AM »
Series X for GamePass, duh. Don't you want to play Omori for FREE*?

* with price of subscription

It's a nice option but I'm a weirdo who would honestly prefer to repurchase that specific game multiple times. :P

Good advice. I thought maybe in the PS4 gen going into PS5 the Sony systems might have gotten better third party stuff. The MS first party lineup is abysmally unappealing to me, I have to say, but that's an easily ignorable issue.

Bebpo

« Reply #38248 on: June 20, 2022, 12:56:23 PM »
I highly doubt they are adding more PS2 games, it's clear they're done with that endeavor, they didn't even bother updating the broken ones on PS5.

Maybe. I don't think they've really started their PS2 tier. I count those PS2 games as PS4 games since they're just PS4 ports.

My personal gut feeling is they're going after the Nintendo Online model. Start out with a tiny set of PS1 games with good emulation & features. Slowly build it up. Then in year two add PS2 games like Nintendo Online added SNES games and slowly build that up. There's no reason PS5 can't handle good PS2 emulation with the same types of features, so it's not a tech thing.

The PS1 emulation on PS5 feels like someone in one of their departments actually cares and is putting real effort in (outside of the PAL version fuckup that Asia/Europe got), which makes me hopeful for PS2 emulation. Just depends on if they can get the licensing to get a lot of 3rd parties since most of the PS1/PS2 library is 3rd party. I'm also going to be real curious if the Japan side does this a lot better since in the PS3 days Japan's PS1 emulation library was insane. If they can do that again, but with modern resolution/framerate/rewind/trophies that would be amazing. But since PS5 is dead in Japan who knows if they will bother this time around.

But we'll see.

Polident Hive

« Reply #38249 on: June 20, 2022, 08:08:46 PM »
Are they using one emulator for every game? How it was on PSP. A new native PS5 app is the only way I’d say PS2 updated. Something else that’d be cool but won’t happen is adding Sega consoles. PS5 has plenty of power for Saturn and Dreamcast. Sony put half effort into making it gamepass and Nintendo online. It’s early days. It can improve. With the competition, they could’ve come out stronger.

Since upgrading, I downloaded around 350GB of games. Most on PS4 that went to external HDD. PS5 using brute force to run Disaster Report 4 smoothly at 60fps. What a time to be alive.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #38250 on: June 21, 2022, 10:02:02 AM »
Finally unlocked and beaten the Crash 1 PS1 bonus stages... the second bonus stage was such a bitch to unlock, and then it turns out to be one of those stages where the lights go out if you take too long. Ugh, my least favorite kind.

Well, now I'm finally done with my playthroughs of the 3 PS1 Crash games. Also got 120 stars in Mario 64.

Gonna start playing the Nocturne HD remake this weekend.
^_^

Polident Hive

« Reply #38251 on: June 21, 2022, 08:38:54 PM »
TMNT Shredder’s Revenge. In every TMNT game I’ve played as Donatello. Don’s slow here. Character and stat differences actually seem to matter. After three levels I switched to Leonardo. Much better. Raphael looks more my speed for a second run.

Bebpo

« Reply #38252 on: June 21, 2022, 08:50:49 PM »
Are they using one emulator for every game? How it was on PSP. A new native PS5 app is the only way I’d say PS2 updated. Something else that’d be cool but won’t happen is adding Sega consoles. PS5 has plenty of power for Saturn and Dreamcast. Sony put half effort into making it gamepass and Nintendo online. It’s early days. It can improve. With the competition, they could’ve come out stronger.

Since upgrading, I downloaded around 350GB of games. Most on PS4 that went to external HDD. PS5 using brute force to run Disaster Report 4 smoothly at 60fps. What a time to be alive.

No idea, but I'd assume so?

Bebpo

« Reply #38253 on: June 21, 2022, 08:51:44 PM »
Finally unlocked and beaten the Crash 1 PS1 bonus stages... the second bonus stage was such a bitch to unlock, and then it turns out to be one of those stages where the lights go out if you take too long. Ugh, my least favorite kind.

Well, now I'm finally done with my playthroughs of the 3 PS1 Crash games. Also got 120 stars in Mario 64.

Congrats!

Btw, any reason you didn't play these on the N.Sane Trilogy Remakes? I don't recall anything better about the original versions.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #38254 on: June 21, 2022, 09:26:47 PM »

Congrats!

Btw, any reason you didn't play these on the N.Sane Trilogy Remakes? I don't recall anything better about the original versions.

Kinda wanted to play through the originals first, since I bought them at a retro expo before the remakes were announced... then eventually I'll play the remakes and see how they compare. Though I hate what they did to the sfx when you pick up an Aku Aku mask!  >:(
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #38255 on: June 21, 2022, 10:19:36 PM »
No real point in playing the remakes at this point. They’re just the same game but better graphics.

Polident Hive

« Reply #38256 on: June 21, 2022, 11:09:09 PM »
Have to admit, I never had the patience to get 120 stars in Mario 64. It’s those 100 coin stars. Yoshi on the roof can go to hell.

No idea, but I'd assume so?

Yeah. I think there are rare outliers where it’s tuned for a specific game. People were saying that’s what Nintendo did for the Mario 3D Switch collection. Sony chose emulating Parappa PSP for the PS4 release. Some Switch release recently used a Saturn emulator. People were finding ways to play other games.

Bebpo

« Reply #38257 on: June 22, 2022, 02:14:07 AM »
Went back to AC Valhalla and did another arc. Did the Vinland Saga area and that was really disappointing. For a new locale where you start from scratch gear-wise and have to explore on-foot and build back your armor/weapons...there was nothing to do. It's literally like 3 mini-bases and a guy to assassinate, a legendary mouse fight and like 3 sidequests which are all pretty terrible (guide the turkey back up the hill). And the main story was like 1 mission long and totally nothing besides an easter egg of how the orb gets to North America for AC3. Weird afterthought area that could've been something very cool. Maybe should've been a full-sized DLC expansion instead.

Oh well, at least was easy enough to clear 100% in a couple nights. Headed to Essex next. I think I've finished over half the arcs at this point. Will finish the game someday. It's still fun but goddamn is Valhalla not the most shallow AC game of them all. The combat has no impact or skill and everything is super simple and all the buildings are just asset re-use from Origin/Odyssey. Story is enjoyable enough though.

Don't think I'll bother with the DLCs though. The Druid one in Ireland sounds like the only decent one but also sounds pretty skippable.

Hamarr

« Reply #38258 on: June 24, 2022, 07:30:28 PM »
Is Sonic Origins worth picking up?  It looks like it is just the Sega Genesis/CD games?

I’m playing the new season of Diablo 3.  It’s a blast if I take a few seasons off. 

I also picked up the Blade Runner remaster on Xbox.  That was one of my favorite games way back when.  The point and click controls translate pretty well.  It seems like shooting was easier than back in the original mouse controls, but it’s been forever since I last played it.  The graphics look kind of like ass but they were never pretty. 

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #38259 on: June 25, 2022, 03:12:21 AM »
Its only worth if you dont have another way to play those games, and wish to open yourself to the worst versions of those games
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38260 on: June 25, 2022, 09:10:48 AM »
Right now it's better to pick up Sonic Mania if you want a Sonic game and wait for SEGA to fix the bugs in Sonic Origins.
On the other hand, one of the bugs makes unlocking everything super easy and if they patch that out it'll be more difficult to complete it 100%.

If you wonder how new bugs appear in 90's games. SEGA does what Nintentoo

https://twitter.com/ReneGon98973705/status/1540537417261793280
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 11:20:28 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38261 on: June 25, 2022, 10:48:39 AM »
Tried some stuff I bought for the Deck Boy Portable.

KOF XIII
Outside of a few minor hicups in cut scenes it runs perfectly on the Steamdeck and the 2D art looks gorgeous on the small screen.
Great fighting game overall with a story mode, arcade mode and tons of content. It's very cheap right now so there's literally no reason not to pick it up.

Hatsune Miki: Project DIVA MegaMix+
These rhythm games are harder than they look. Tons of content (about 250 songs) and I dig the gameplay overall.
SEGA has always been good at these 'easy to play - difficult to master' type arcade games.
Fun to play in short bursts and to train your reflexes. It's uguu/10 on the weeb scale though. :trumps

Meanwhile on the Xbox Series X

Resident Evil 2 (Ray Tracing patch)
Already in the lab with my Claire run. This modern classic is aging like fine wine. Absolute GOAT video game.
Can't wait for the third person patch of Resident Evil Village. I just like the gameplay much better this way.
🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38262 on: June 25, 2022, 11:51:34 AM »
Ys Oath Can't beat Galbalan.

Ys V  Haven't felt like playing it even though I am at the end game.

Lagoon Ice Boss is impossible.

Ys III

Genesis I am at Valestein Castle Clock Tower.

SNES I am at Garland fight part 2 right before Galbalan

PCECD I am at the point right before going to the Eldam Mountains.

PS2 I am at Galbalans Island.

Played the Demo for Frogun pretty sweet PSX/N64 Style platformer.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 08:27:26 PM by D3RANG3D »

Tasty

« Reply #38263 on: June 25, 2022, 02:20:09 PM »
Its only worth if you dont have another way to play those games, and wish to open yourself to the worst versions of those games

???

Sonic Origins have by far the definitive versions, including the debut of Christian Whitehead's Sonic 3 & Knuckles remaster for the first time. Sonic 1 and 2 remasters were previously exclusive to iOS for like half a decade.

After 16:9 Sonic I have to imagine it's really hard going back to 4:3.

Tasty

« Reply #38264 on: June 25, 2022, 02:24:44 PM »
Right now it's better to pick up Sonic Mania if you want a Sonic game and wait for SEGA to fix the bugs in Sonic Origins.
On the other hand, one of the bugs makes unlocking everything super easy and if they patch that out it'll be more difficult to complete it 100%.

Stuff like this doesn't really change my opinion of the remasters. Retro Engine has enough bona fide at this point, and I'm sure glitches like these (the result of actually tinkering with the assembly code and not just bolting on bandaids to an emulator, cough Nintendo) will be fixed soon. Sonic Mania had glitches at launch that got fixed pretty quickly (remember pressing the Switch's home button had a 3 second lag?).

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #38265 on: June 25, 2022, 02:31:21 PM »

???

Sonic Origins have by far the definitive versions, including the debut of Christian Whitehead's Sonic 3 & Knuckles remaster for the first time. Sonic 1 and 2 remasters were previously exclusive to iOS for like half a decade.

After 16:9 Sonic I have to imagine it's really hard going back to 4:3.

??? What's definitive about it? Does it have all the original music?

Ill just play these games on my Megadrive Mini and Ill have good fun with it. Cant imagine anything worth spending 30/40 over for some uprezzed Sonic ports
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38266 on: June 25, 2022, 07:11:03 PM »
Sonic 1 is kinda meh. Too many crappy zones.
Sonic 2 is great, probably the best overall.
Sonic 3 had the amazing MJ soundtrack and was just more Sonic 2 as was Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
Sonic CD is awesome when it works but very ambitious for it's time and can be very confusing.

I think $40 is an o.k. value for these games. As long as they don't have too many bugs.
Wait for a sale and a patch :trumps
🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38267 on: June 25, 2022, 09:56:49 PM »
Started up Popful Mail for the Sega CD, nice graphics, soundtrack, and decent v/o  but the platforming is kinda jank though.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #38268 on: June 25, 2022, 11:41:46 PM »
Started up Popful Mail for the Sega CD, nice graphics, soundtrack, and decent v/o  but the platforming is kinda jank though.

Are you playing the "Unworked Designs" version or the WD version?
Since I know WD fucked a lot with the difficulty in their original version.
^_^

BikeJesus

« Reply #38269 on: June 26, 2022, 01:40:28 AM »
Bloons Tower Defense 6 is on sale for 3 bucks.

I don't have any reason for owning my other 1500 games now. It is pure crack if you are even remotely interested in Tower Defense games. Defense Grid and DG2 used to be the holy grails for me.

I highly highly recommend it.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38270 on: June 26, 2022, 06:31:55 AM »

Are you playing the "Unworked Designs" version or the WD version?
Since I know WD fucked a lot with the difficulty in their original version.

Tried both versions, currently playing the Unworked version needed to play something different because I went into a down the rabbit hole thing with all the Ys III versions I'm playing at once.  :notlikethis
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 08:26:42 PM by D3RANG3D »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38271 on: June 26, 2022, 09:12:09 AM »
Completed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge.

That was fun. Wu Tang clan doing a Turtles song in a video game - this is best the timeline.
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #38272 on: June 26, 2022, 12:46:36 PM »
I’m playing FFXV.

Please save me from myself.
Margs

Svejk

« Reply #38273 on: June 26, 2022, 01:19:17 PM »
Played through Nathan Drake Collection.  Played the originals back in the day.. After playing these back to back though, I came to find U3 more enjoyable this time than the initial.  U2 raised the bar so much, most were let down with U3, but it was quite improved in the puzzles, brawling and level design.  Decided to go ahead and updated the Legacy of Thieves Collection  for 10 buck....

:whoo Holy crap .. Uncharted 4 looks incredible on PS5!

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #38274 on: June 26, 2022, 02:02:20 PM »
I just went through the whole series again like a month ago too. It was a lot of fun turning my brain off and playing through tight linear experiences instead of the never-ending open world slogs we have today  :yuck
Margs

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #38275 on: June 26, 2022, 02:51:00 PM »
I’m playing FFXV.

Please save me from myself.

Have your fun with it and hope you for off it before it turns to shit around 20-25 hrs in :trumps
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #38276 on: June 26, 2022, 03:05:33 PM »

Stuff like this doesn't really change my opinion of the remasters. Retro Engine has enough bona fide at this point, and I'm sure glitches like these (the result of actually tinkering with the assembly code and not just bolting on bandaids to an emulator, cough Nintendo) will be fixed soon. Sonic Mania had glitches at launch that got fixed pretty quickly (remember pressing the Switch's home button had a 3 second lag?).

https://twitter.com/BlueVivacity/status/1540796371225104384

The Cum Zone

??? :lol

I say fuck this compilation. Cant even get 20 year old games to play like they should, and with a butchered OST on Sonic 3.
What

Svejk

« Reply #38277 on: June 26, 2022, 03:55:31 PM »
I just went through the whole series again like a month ago too. It was a lot of fun turning my brain off and playing through tight linear experiences instead of the never-ending open world slogs we have today  :yuck
Yeah pretty much... Taken a break from Elden Ring for this exact reason.   It's been fun and refreshing.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38278 on: June 26, 2022, 06:24:03 PM »

https://twitter.com/BlueVivacity/status/1540796371225104384

The Cum Zone

??? :lol

I say fuck this compilation. Cant even get 20 year old games to play like they should, and with a butchered OST on Sonic 3.
Modders are already hard at work to fix it and have all but restored the original OST.

Some collectors have also offered SEGA to use their Sonic 3 prototypes with a more finished version of the alternative OST than SEGA managed to find for this collection.
🤴

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #38279 on: June 26, 2022, 10:48:03 PM »
wasting hours on a f2p mmo. why has my life come to this.
and why am i playing Star Trek Online. it's so jank
damn my love of star trek circa tng/ds9