Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3689197 times)

Beezy

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #2280 on: November 13, 2009, 09:10:30 AM »
I'm only like 10 levels into Hard. I dont mind I guess. Its not a difficult game. Just boring.
EDF? It's not boring on co-op.

dark1x

« Reply #2281 on: November 13, 2009, 01:19:10 PM »
Just playing Modern Warfare 2 at the moment, but I'm not really liking it all that much so I'll probably return to my backlog soon enough.

When on the go, I've been messing with emulators again on the PSP using my PSP3000.  The screen makes a world of difference for emulation as it is MUCH faster and simply looks nicer.  I'm surprised at how far emulation has come.  Most GBA games, for instance, run perfectly on the PSP.  Playing Super Mario Bros. 3 on the PSP (GBA version) is pretty awesome.  What's more impressive is that it handles emulation better than any of the PC emulators I've used (for GBA).  With VisualBoyAdvance and any number of other Gameboy or GBA emulators I ALWAYS get sound crackling issues in various intervals and could NEVER solve it on any hardware.  It was very strange and quite annoying.  The Gameboy player for Gamecube even has issues with framerate (a slight skipping as you play).  The PSP, though?  Nothing of the sort.  Perfect scrolling, perfect sound.

A few games do struggle a bit (Yoshi's Island doesn't run perfectly, though it is still completely playable), but in general, it's very impressive and makes for a better alternative than using real Nintendo hardware (again, better screen and better d-pad).

Genesis emulation is also perfect now.  Playing Contra Hard Corps on the go is awesome.

Anyone know of any good SNES emulators?  The GBA and Genesis emus are much newer while most of the SNES emus are from 2005 and suck.  Nobody has updated them, as far as I can tell.  If the PSP can emulate GBA, CPS2, NeoGeo, and Sega Genesis at full speed I don't see why it couldn't do the SNES as well.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #2282 on: November 13, 2009, 02:02:43 PM »
I forget the name of it, but that popular SNES emu is the only one I know of and yes, it does kinda suck (mostly b/c Tetris Attack and Yoshi's Island don't play well at all.)  I think it had some unofficial fan updates, but for whatever reason, SNES emulation is not progressing on the PSP.

I asked someone why more powerful systems run fine and not SNES...they said it's because SNES is harder to emulate/the devs didn't put a lot of time into optimization.  Makes sense.  doesn't matter how strong a machine is if something isn't optimized. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2283 on: November 13, 2009, 03:14:30 PM »
Mass Effect on the Pee-Sea. I beat it back when it first came out on the Xbox360, but, since I'm getting Mass Effect 2 on the Pee-Sea, I'd like to get it finished up so I can transfer my character. Plus, it's a fun game that I don't mind playing through again.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2284 on: November 13, 2009, 03:19:21 PM »
What sucks is that the Bad Loser Wall Of Shame hasn't been updated for months.  Tekken is ripe with rage quitters and hate-mailers, with the added bonus of many tardos using mics for your listening pleasure.
It's because Tekken's not a real fighting game.  :-*

Which makes it perfect for all sorts of dumb shit you can do to cause people to go insane! 
ど助平

dark1x

« Reply #2285 on: November 13, 2009, 03:28:28 PM »
I asked someone why more powerful systems run fine and not SNES...they said it's because SNES is harder to emulate/the devs didn't put a lot of time into optimization.  Makes sense.  doesn't matter how strong a machine is if something isn't optimized.
Makes sense.

Really, the SNES hardware seems kind of messy to begin with.  My friend and I have been doing a lot of retro gaming lately (on real hardware) and are constantly stunned at just how SLOW many SNES games are.  Contra III, for instance, runs like absolute shit (especially in 2 player).  I loved this game when I was young, but it constantly struggles to hold the framerate.  There are entire segments that run in slow motion.  Hard Corps on the Genny, however, is butter smooth even with the largest explosions, however.  The fact that Genesis also runs at a higher resolution makes it seem much more powerful than I realized.  Blast Processing may have been a marketing meme, but it kind of applies (the SNES CPU is slooowwww)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2286 on: November 13, 2009, 03:29:45 PM »
The Genesis ended up aging much better than the SNES did.
ど助平

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #2287 on: November 13, 2009, 03:30:09 PM »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2288 on: November 13, 2009, 03:42:40 PM »
Borederlands
Madden '10
MW2 very soon
©ZH

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #2289 on: November 13, 2009, 03:45:04 PM »
Decided that before I get MW2 I wanted to beat WaW on Veteran, so I started that last night. Surprisingly not nearly as hard as I expected. Did the first three missions and am at the last bit of the fourth where you assassinate the dude. I want to get the pistol achievement there so I'm looking for a decent guide.
zzzzz

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #2290 on: November 13, 2009, 03:55:41 PM »
MW2 very soon
I have MW2 coming in the mail either today or tomorrow, we'll have to play

*edit- omg got it in mail, boresquad tonight :rock
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 04:11:21 PM by Kestastrophe »
jon

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2291 on: November 13, 2009, 04:28:50 PM »
It's a good possibility mayne. :rock
©ZH

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #2292 on: November 13, 2009, 06:00:30 PM »
Shadow Hearts: From The New World... just started so far (up to the Grand Canyon), but it's pretty damn cool, I guess I'm not up to the part where it supposedly turns to shit and everybody hates the game.
^_^

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #2293 on: November 13, 2009, 06:10:49 PM »
I'm playing:

Nintendo DS:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized
Mario & Luigi 3: Bowser's Inside Story
Nostalgia
Phantasy Star Zero

Xbox 360:
Call of Duty Classic
Borderlands
DJ Hero
Forza 3
Modern Warfare 2

Wii:
A boy and his blob
Dead Space Extraction
Excitebike: World Rally
Little King's Story
Lostwinds - Winter of the Melodias
Muramasa: The Demon Blade

little king's story is like the best game ever made,shame on the people who don't like it
SHAME ON YOU
<----

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2294 on: November 13, 2009, 06:19:16 PM »
Samurai Warriors 2

I want to beat it this weekend :hyper
🍆🍆

Bebpo

« Reply #2295 on: November 13, 2009, 07:13:18 PM »
Shadow Hearts: From The New World... just started so far (up to the Grand Canyon), but it's pretty damn cool, I guess I'm not up to the part where it supposedly turns to shit and everybody hates the game.

that's when the dungeons start to re-color enemies and bosses because they ran out of budget.  And when Yuri never shows up, so don't expect him to.  And when the encounter rate gets high and you are getting in battles ever 10 seconds. 

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2296 on: November 13, 2009, 07:17:30 PM »
Yuri dies in Covenant, Bebpo. That's why he doesnt come back. He's dead.
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #2297 on: November 13, 2009, 07:20:04 PM »
Yuri dies in Covenant, Bebpo. That's why he doesnt come back. He's dead.

Yeah but all the advertising and stuff for the new game hinted heavily that the killer guy WHO LOOKS LIKE YURI would have some connection to Yuri and the girl some connection to Alice.  Instead it was a red herring and lame.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2298 on: November 13, 2009, 07:21:26 PM »
And that's not the standard with most games and movies? They did it with Symphonia Wii. OMG LLOYD IS THE BAD GUY

Sounds like you just read into it too much.
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2299 on: November 14, 2009, 04:41:48 AM »
It was BORE BATTLEFIELD in Modern Warfare 2 tonight!   :o  That was a lot of fun.  Sho Nuff and I were always at the bottom...I loved the games where he picked the riot shield type and everyone was following behind him.  So much cooler than anything MGS ever did.   :P

Then I played some Tekken 6 on PS3 before calling it a night.  There seems to be several characters that can REALLY take advantage of lag.  Namely, Kazuya (spam the "Tekken hurricane kick"), Lee, Baek, and WHORE-RANG (spam kicks), and of course, Chreddy.  I was up against the latter in a pretty bad lag-filled match.  The guy does the same old Eddy spam-crap, and it was difficult to counter.  I did beat him a round or two, but it really didn't matter.  Chalk it up to lag...it was hard enough just getting moves out.

Only this guy decided to send me a message afterward.  Now, it seems like 98% of the people playing realize the game has all sorts of online issues, but not this guy.  He says "Nice Try.  Good job...NOT!" 

That was the lamest piece of hate mail I have ever received.   :lol  Then I got another laggy match (this one was even worse) against a Lee player.  It was so bad that I just put the controller down and went back to the computer.  However, I noticed that for like 30 seconds in the next round, my character was auto-blocking all his crap.  Amused, I waited until he knocked me down.  He does a little taunt-dance when he sees I don't get back up.  I wait a little bit, then do my best to use counter-spam and beat him one round...then two...and finish it all off in the third.  It was only satisfying because I stopped his little happy dance mid-jig.  I wish I could have seen that smile turn upside down.

Despite all the lag (and the it is DEFINITELY worse on PS3, no question), I'm still enjoying myself.  Getting better at countering, thanks to idiots just trying to do the same thing over and over again, and also getting better at being less predictable myself.  It's fun to fight counter-happy characters like Asuka, too, and watch them fuck up trying to counter and then punishing them for it.

As for spammers/tardos, if anyone wants to know how to deal with them, I find with Anna, just doing df+1 works really well, as does d+4, 1.  The latter is a low kick followed by a high slap...if the lag's not too bad, you can get a little rhythm going and keep doing it for an easy perfect.  With Cheddy, uf+3 and uf+4 work well.  The most fun is still with Alisa, though.  Moe Moe Robo Gal was made to stop bad players dead in their tracks.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 04:48:57 AM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2300 on: November 14, 2009, 10:09:17 AM »
just played through the 1st 6 chapters of Uncharted 2, pretty fuckin' sweet so far. It's not exactly deep but I have Dragon Age for that. I liked 1 in spots but overall wasn't wow'ed by it - this is a different beast entirely. And my god does it look amazing or what.
vjj

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2301 on: November 14, 2009, 05:07:34 PM »
Ass Creed PSP leaked. So did Little Big Planet PSP, but I don't think I'm going to bother trying that out; never cared for the console version.

Assassin's Creed on PSP is pretty technically sound. They did a good job emulating the console versions. The game takes place immediately after the original, with Altair pursuing the remaining Templars to the island of Cyprus. I can't say that holding the R button and X to watch Altair run and jump over everything automatically is particularly engaging, which is how I felt about the console version, but I'll give this game further play time in the hopes that it being portable and scaled-down means that the missions will be more focused.  The control and graphics are definitely very good.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 05:11:48 PM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

cool breeze

« Reply #2302 on: November 14, 2009, 05:36:39 PM »
Ass Creed PSP leaked. So did Little Big Planet PSP, but I don't think I'm going to bother trying that out; never cared for the console version.

Assassin's Creed on PSP is pretty technically sound. They did a good job emulating the console versions. The game takes place immediately after the original, with Altair pursuing the remaining Templars to the island of Cyprus. I can't say that holding the R button and X to watch Altair run and jump over everything automatically is particularly engaging, which is how I felt about the console version, but I'll give this game further play time in the hopes that it being portable and scaled-down means that the missions will be more focused.  The control and graphics are definitely very good.

I tried both out, too.  LBP PSP is pretty much LBP on PSP, like, almost exactly.  Unlike Motorstorm, I don't think I really need that, though I might consider getting it in the future for the new single player stuff.  Also, it doesn't look as good as I thought; the customization is unnoticeable because it's so jaggy.  Assassin's Creed is actually really impressive, and if it wasn't officially coming out the same day as AC2, I'd buy it.  It's basically AC1 streamlined.  Controls are surprisingly good and it looks great (for the PSP).  It is funny to be walking in the same locations and seeing one or three people in the street compared to dozens, though.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2303 on: November 14, 2009, 05:48:08 PM »
well, i ended up playing through the first EIGHTEEN chapters of Uncharted 2, straight through 'til 4am. Haven't done a serious bout of red-eye gaming like that in a while. The only thing that stopped me was that it said I'm only 60% complete.

now it's 7.30 am and wife and daughter are awake and wanting breakfast and I'm regretting it, just a little.
vjj

Bebpo

« Reply #2304 on: November 14, 2009, 06:27:59 PM »

I tried both out, too.  LBP PSP is pretty much LBP on PSP, like, almost exactly. 

That sounds awesome.  I'm totally buying this for a new SP campaign experience.  Loved the single player in the PS3 one.  Also the thought of playing user levels while traveling is really cool as those short 5 min moments would be the best time to try out various levels.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2305 on: November 14, 2009, 07:16:41 PM »
Working Brütal Legend again; I'm still on the same mission, but finding some hope after getting a pretty good run on it last night, until I called my army to my position (Battle Cry) and the bulk of them did their pathfinding directly in front of the enemy stage:-\

It turns out my main problem earlier was squad composition and not staying on the upgrades. Tim Schafer lies when he says it's not an RTS. Sure, there are brawler elements, but it's an RTS in spades.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #2306 on: November 14, 2009, 07:49:16 PM »
Got Borderlands in the mail, may fire that up later. Currently lvl 27 in MW2, but I think I'm ready to ditch the MP and switch back to COD4 for a while.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2307 on: November 14, 2009, 07:53:29 PM »
- Borderlands, waiting for slime to get off his hot ass to finish this shit, want to finish before the DLC is out
- GTA Episodes, got this today in the mail, should be quick and easy. GTA sucks
- Dragon Age, just finished the origin stories and glitching to Level 20 for each class
- MW2, need someone who doesnt fucking suck to finish specops with
- Bunch of um, downloaded Wii games
- Bunch of um, downloaded DS games
fat

duckman2000

« Reply #2308 on: November 14, 2009, 08:00:23 PM »
No, it's good, just getting tired of the air drop shit and some other things. Maybe a few rounds of COD4 will make me appreciate the improvements enough to deal with the less brilliant additions. If not, I'll just stick with what's worked for the past couple of years.

Brehvolution

« Reply #2309 on: November 14, 2009, 08:11:05 PM »
Got Borderlands in the mail, may fire that up later. Currently lvl 27 in MW2, but I think I'm ready to ditch the MP and switch back to COD4 for a while.

Fire Borderlands up now!
©ZH

duckman2000

« Reply #2310 on: November 14, 2009, 08:13:10 PM »
The gremlin and its master has control of the TV  :'(

Brehvolution

« Reply #2311 on: November 14, 2009, 08:25:43 PM »
The gremlin and its master has control of the TV  :'(

Why do you think I'm not playing MW2 right now.  :-[ :lol
©ZH

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2312 on: November 14, 2009, 08:51:50 PM »
(moved to official BL thread)

Bebpo

« Reply #2313 on: November 14, 2009, 10:07:07 PM »
Kagutsuchi was a total wimp of a fake "last boss" though. I probably could have beat him at Level 70. I could have defeated Lucifer way below Level 99 if the game would just let you get Pierce earlier.

He's no wimp when you aren't level 99!   :lol

SMT3 was my first megaten game and I was probably in the 60s/70s when I fought the boss.  Was an amazing, tense fight.  I remember when I got the monkey riding the cloud who blocked physical and could hit everyone with his staff I was like OMGOMGOMG and I used him for the rest of the game, including the final boss.  He helped me win that fight :D

I love the music for the final boss fight. 

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #2314 on: November 14, 2009, 10:10:58 PM »
About halfway through WaW on Veteran. It's starting to get tough.
zzzzz

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #2315 on: November 14, 2009, 10:14:23 PM »
Been playing a lot of Dragon Ball Raging Blast... pretty decent game. 60 FPS and the character models look great. I think cell shading has been nearly perfected this generation. Environments look pretty mediocre but whatever. I finished all the sagas and replayed the Saiyan, Frieza, Bardock and Android sagas to try and get stars to unlock a bunch of shit I don't care about. The achievements take forever  :-\

Also got Mini Ninjas. Played through the first 5 or 6 levels; shitsux. IO should have spent more time working on the next Hitman instead.
BiSH

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #2316 on: November 14, 2009, 10:16:55 PM »
Raging Blast looks sweet, but I hope you didn't buy it. DBZ games drop half price like a month after they come out.
zzzzz

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #2317 on: November 14, 2009, 10:25:45 PM »
Nah, I rented it. I was trying to 1000 it over the weekend but I think it's gonna take a little longer. It's a lot better than Burst Limit too, which I bought. And for some reason the battles against Piccolo on Hard are the toughest fights in the game.  :wtf
BiSH

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #2318 on: November 14, 2009, 10:43:08 PM »
Why do I even bother playing ranked matches in Halo? It seems all I ever get are griefers and people trying to descend the ranking ladder by quitting out.  >:( That's not to say those idiots aren't present in social playlists, because they certainly are, but it's every single game on the ranked side.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #2319 on: November 14, 2009, 11:18:52 PM »
I don't even bother to play ranked matches anymore.

Eric P just got a Xbox 360, so we were playing Gears of War and Burnout Paradise. Any other Burnout owners want to suit up and play with us sometime, just let me know.

We finally hit these stupid rings for a stunt challenge after almost an hour of play. :lol
PSP

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2320 on: November 15, 2009, 12:19:43 AM »
Playing Mass Effect again really drives home just how well it nails the feel of 70's and 80's scifi. It really is an awesome game.
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2321 on: November 15, 2009, 01:18:54 AM »
Are there any ways to play SMT 1 and 2 in English? I'd be interested in playing both if possible, but definitely 2 so I could see the storyline with YHWH. Do these games even exist in English?

There are translation patches for both

romhacking.net
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #2322 on: November 15, 2009, 02:29:05 AM »
So in FF Crystal Bearers, there is a mini-game that is part of the main story where two girls are butt bumping each other to knock each other off a raft and you have to grab one's butt and push her off with your magic powers. 

:ninja :ninja

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #2323 on: November 15, 2009, 02:58:51 AM »
:japancry
zzzzz

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #2324 on: November 15, 2009, 03:46:49 AM »
FF:CC:XBV

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2325 on: November 15, 2009, 05:37:13 AM »

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #2326 on: November 15, 2009, 06:40:19 AM »
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

The game keeps on giving.  :-\

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #2327 on: November 15, 2009, 08:17:23 AM »
I got the two year old fugly port of Modern Warfare. Other than that its impressive how everything has translated.  I was expecting a buggy mess but everything from shooting through walls to the controls works very well.  Well, a caveat, Close quarters combat is a bitch to aim properly in. Also,  I'm not so sure the assist points are always handed out when applicable.
sad

cool breeze

« Reply #2328 on: November 15, 2009, 10:12:54 AM »
So in FF Crystal Bearers, there is a mini-game that is part of the main story where two girls are butt bumping each other to knock each other off a raft and you have to grab one's butt and push her off with your magic powers. 

wait, what is this game?

I was vaguely interested in it, but now I realize I know little about it.  Is the game any good?

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #2329 on: November 15, 2009, 10:17:28 AM »
I don't even bother to play ranked matches anymore.

Eric P just got a Xbox 360, so we were playing Gears of War and Burnout Paradise. Any other Burnout owners want to suit up and play with us sometime, just let me know.

We finally hit these stupid rings for a stunt challenge after almost an hour of play. :lol

Damn, I would play Burnout witchoo but I bought it on PS3 (invisible/intangible/almost-entirely philosophical differences!). I'll try to join a Boresquad night when my MW2 arrives. I'm about 2yrs behind the gaming curve so I'm totally up for playing some older games like those in co-op/MP.
vjj

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2330 on: November 15, 2009, 10:52:19 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

DAY ONE
dog

Rman

« Reply #2331 on: November 15, 2009, 12:05:37 PM »
NSMB Wii, TWEWY post game content, and some Halo 3.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #2332 on: November 15, 2009, 12:18:46 PM »

That looks like FFX-3 :drool

DAY ONE
FAP FAP FAP

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #2333 on: November 15, 2009, 01:00:54 PM »
been playing the shit out of Dragon Age lately in between doing work.  only left my apartment once in the past few days to go on a walk with a friend...was very upset that I had to save in the middle of a quest and put on pants and apply deodorant before going out.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #2334 on: November 15, 2009, 01:55:56 PM »
- Borderlands, waiting for slime to get off his hot ass to finish this shit, want to finish before the DLC is out
- GTA Episodes, got this today in the mail, should be quick and easy. GTA sucks
- Dragon Age, just finished the origin stories and glitching to Level 20 for each class
- MW2, need someone who doesnt fucking suck to finish specops with
- Bunch of um, downloaded Wii games
- Bunch of um, downloaded DS games

The achievements for GTA episodes are mostly pretty easy, just the percentage ones in Gay Tony take a bit of work. You have to replay missions several times to meet time limits, accuracy targets etc. some are quite tricky. Lost and Damned is a piss easy 250G though

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2335 on: November 15, 2009, 04:16:37 PM »
i played a little bit of MoH: Airborne (PC). Really surprised by this. The first mission is a lot of fun. There are some annoying control issues, like I hate having to hold right click to be in iron sights. Graphically it's dated but still good looking. Especially like the lighting. Will continue playing through.
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2336 on: November 15, 2009, 04:40:43 PM »
Why do I even bother playing ranked matches in Halo? It seems all I ever get are griefers and people trying to descend the ranking ladder by quitting out.  >:( That's not to say those idiots aren't present in social playlists, because they certainly are, but it's every single game on the ranked side.

They're everywhere.  I was playing last night with a friend at my house (split-screen, so no ranked) and with Originalz online.  One of the social games we did was Braaains! on a custom map called something like "Infected Manor."  Basically there was a large house in the middle of the map, and the safest spot was the roof; there's only two ways to get there, by climbing up through the house (and it's easy as hell to kill any infected players that come up this way) and by jumping from a platform that's right in front of the same opening.  So it comes down to me and this other guy as the last uninfected.  We're both on the roof.  This guy then decides he wants all the points, and teamkills me.

After the match, we track him down and join his game.  It's run by his friend, who's doing all custom gametypes.  We "grief" them by constantly switching to their team color, and delaying the stage countdown countless times.  In-game, I do my best to target the team-killer.  They beat us, but the TK guy has the worst score every time.  Then on the third game (after we continue to do the stupid team switching and delay stuff for like 10 minutes; we couldn't fucking believe no one quit out from us doing this), two of the other players quit out mid-match and went to ranked after that, so we couldn't follow them.

Still had a lot of fun playing, but there were a lot less players online than there were before MW2 came out, and a lot of idiots.  People don't seem to know how to play any game type except for deathmatch.  Despite this, I still like Halo 3 MP the best out of all the online FPS games.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:42:34 PM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #2337 on: November 15, 2009, 05:11:34 PM »
Oh Kafka  :-*

(Ive played like 45 hours since the game came out. That's WoW levels of playtime)

I'm at like 22 or something, but yeah, I feel like an addict.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #2338 on: November 15, 2009, 08:30:52 PM »
Booted up Mirror's Edge to do some time trials and speed runs.

Getting two stars on the time trials seems easier than I remember, but getting three is still a total bastard.  I think I only have to get two stars on the all remaining trials for achievements though. 8)

Got my 30th bag, sadly had to resort to a guide to find the prick of a thing after being through the level heaps of times.

duckman2000

« Reply #2339 on: November 15, 2009, 08:49:10 PM »
Playing Borderlands, just killed some clown called three-finger. Pretty drab so far, maybe it's fun in co-op.