Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2046516 times)

cool breeze

Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #1440 on: September 25, 2010, 01:01:45 AM »
First episode of Community's second season hopefully isn't what to expect from the rest of the episodes.

Beezy

« Reply #1441 on: September 25, 2010, 01:04:53 AM »
Probably an unpopular opinion to have but I've slowly but surely become bored with Sunny and its not a recent development.

The show still has the occasional tremendous episode but I've felt for a long time like I've seen a magician who has already done his best tricks. It seems to be a lot of rehash at this point.
I haven't watched it since the 2nd season. I always felt that it was overrated on these boards.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1442 on: September 25, 2010, 06:19:50 AM »
Probably an unpopular opinion to have but I've slowly but surely become bored with Sunny and its not a recent development.

The show still has the occasional tremendous episode but I've felt for a long time like I've seen a magician who has already done his best tricks. It seems to be a lot of rehash at this point.

I agree. I posted similar on GAF, just not in the Sunny thread.

Didn't even watch this week's episode and I'm not sure I care. FX has two superior comedies in Louie and Archer.
AMC

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
« Reply #1443 on: September 25, 2010, 01:32:06 PM »
agreed. the first two seasons were pretty good, iirc, but then it just got less funny with every episode. i quite watching after a while.

and i fucking HATE dee. she's also in curb, ugh.
zzz

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1444 on: September 25, 2010, 01:40:06 PM »
Dee is only as funny as the events surrounding her, usually provided by Charlie/Mac/Dennis/etc. Things fall apart when she has her own separate arc, like this Willco Ponderosa shit.

« Reply #1445 on: September 25, 2010, 01:43:28 PM »
I thought last season of Sunny was fucking brilliant. First two eps of the new season have had some funny bits, but they're pretty lame in general.
野球

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
« Reply #1446 on: September 25, 2010, 05:10:55 PM »
Dee is only as funny as the events surrounding her, usually provided by Charlie/Mac/Dennis/etc. Things fall apart when she has her own separate arc, like this Willco Ponderosa shit.

she's never funny, though

it also doesn't help that she isn't attractive
zzz

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #1447 on: September 25, 2010, 05:59:16 PM »
The problem isn't any one specific character on Sunny. It's all of them too me. They pushed all the characters out to their extremes so much that they have no where to go with them anymore. I feel like the show is constantly trying to still shock me at this stage but I'm immune to it all now. No matter which character it is.

etiolate

« Reply #1448 on: September 25, 2010, 06:22:38 PM »
Yeah, the characters are too extreme.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #1449 on: September 25, 2010, 08:37:22 PM »
Watched Shit My Dad Says

:bow Shatner :bow2
CBG

Beezy

« Reply #1450 on: September 25, 2010, 11:40:14 PM »
The problem isn't any one specific character on Sunny. It's all of them too me. They pushed all the characters out to their extremes so much that they have no where to go with them anymore. I feel like the show is constantly trying to still shock me at this stage but I'm immune to it all now. No matter which character it is.
Exactly how I feel.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1451 on: September 25, 2010, 11:42:51 PM »
I wouldn't care about the extremes if they were funny. Instead everything is extremely forced

cool breeze

« Reply #1452 on: September 26, 2010, 11:00:44 PM »
Eastbound & Down Season 2 opener :bow2

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1453 on: September 26, 2010, 11:03:42 PM »
That speech was amazing.
AMC

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1454 on: September 27, 2010, 01:31:00 AM »
Just started Burn Notice season 3. Doesn't seem like much will change from season 2, so far.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1455 on: September 27, 2010, 02:47:03 AM »
dexter is back :bow

萌え~

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1456 on: September 27, 2010, 03:16:59 AM »
Boardwalk Empire ep 2

Solid episode. Not as good as the pilot, but then again that thing was like a $40 million film.  :lol

Good to see where things are going, and that the story won't focus entirely on Atlantic City; definitely interested in the NY storyline and especially Chicago/Capone.

cool breeze

« Reply #1457 on: September 28, 2010, 09:30:20 PM »
Firefly

I bought the blu-ray when it was released and I'm pretty sure it was because of someone on this forum.  Anyway, two or three weeks ago I watched the 2009 Star Trek movie again and thought about getting into Star Trek.  Realizing how much I'd need to watch, I decided not to (my excuse for not getting into One Piece too) but I still wanted a sci-fi show to watch, so I started Firefly.  I finished it last night and watched the movie this morning.  I liked it a lot.  The movie was pretty weak compared to the show.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1458 on: September 28, 2010, 10:01:26 PM »
i decided to pirate the shield and HOLY FUCK this show is amazing. way better than the wire. finished season 1 in one day gunan marathon season 2 RIGHT NOW.
USA

Robo

« Reply #1459 on: September 28, 2010, 10:30:45 PM »
 :o  boardwalk empire's opening theme is by the Brian Jonestown Massacre  :bow
obo

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1460 on: September 28, 2010, 10:33:56 PM »
too bad the opening itself kinda blows asshole
AMC

etiolate

« Reply #1461 on: September 29, 2010, 12:53:05 AM »
streamers won't upload my mad men!

So far, I'm not feeling awesome about Sunny, Community or Modern Family's premiers.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1462 on: September 29, 2010, 12:55:38 AM »
too bad the opening itself kinda blows asshole

it's alright, a bit too outrageous with some of the coloring. I really like the part where the water recedes and you see his shoes aren't wet. Outside of that, meh

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1463 on: September 29, 2010, 10:02:29 AM »
OMG John Stamos in Glee last nite :heartbeat
^_^

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1464 on: September 29, 2010, 11:21:23 AM »
Firefly

I bought the blu-ray when it was released and I'm pretty sure it was because of someone on this forum.  Anyway, two or three weeks ago I watched the 2009 Star Trek movie again and thought about getting into Star Trek.  Realizing how much I'd need to watch, I decided not to (my excuse for not getting into One Piece too) but I still wanted a sci-fi show to watch, so I started Firefly.  I finished it last night and watched the movie this morning.  I liked it a lot.  The movie was pretty weak compared to the show.

Yeah, the movie was weak three ways from Sunday, compared to the series. It doesn't make the mistake of the Star Trek movies to focus on just a couple characters. Serenity at least maintains integrity as an ensemble cast piece, but overall it doesn't look much different from any of the TV series' episodes. It is paced kind of strangely, too, as though they're rushing to get through as much exposition and character closure as possible -- which I guess they are, though it isn't clear why Joss didn't opt to take the series into comics or novels to continue the story. Yeah, yeah, it's a FOX-owned property so he's not able to control that, or doesn't want to expend effort into it... meh. It's a choice he made, and a lot of SF fans were hung out to dry on their emotional investment, and Joss did his usual unoriginal schtick to make sure there was irreversible closure on the existing group chemistry.

::)

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #1465 on: September 29, 2010, 11:37:39 AM »
The problem with Serenity is that all of the plotlines they started on the show seemed to have a different resolution in the film than what they were supposed to have on the show. I know that now from watching the DVDs, but that was apparent to me whenever I watched the series.

Firefly is probably the biggest fuckup in the history of the world. It might have become one of the best science-fiction shows of all time if it were to continue. Now that I have seen the majority of Whedon's earlier TV shows (Buffy/Angel) it's hard not to look back at Firefly and see the show as his best work initially in setting up a show. Buffy and Angel took awhile before they worked out the kinks, but almost immediately Firefly was a great television show, even with the mixed signals sent due to Fox's influence.

I'm trying not to be a butthurt fan, but it's hard for me to watch the Firefly DVDs without thinking about what could have been at this point.
HLR

cool breeze

« Reply #1466 on: September 29, 2010, 01:49:09 PM »
Some of my problems with the movies you guys already summed up.  My biggest problem was that there wasn't a lot of space for character interaction, which was the best part of the show, much more than the stories that were told.  Some of the characters felt different, like Simon, and that pissed me off because he was my favorite character.  Then there were things like taking River on that bank heist mission that didn't make sense.  There wasn't enough time to do the material justice.

I read up a bit more and apparently if there was a second season, it would have ended with the discovery of Miranda.  That would have been great.  For some reason I thought the show was from 2004, but it's from 2002, and the movie from 2005.   Don't think there are any chances of another TV series or movie at this point. Though, there is a comic about the shepard coming soon.

This is actually the first I've heard of Joss Whedon.  Never saw Buffy or Angel.  I did see the Dr. Horrible Blog thing, but I didn't know who he was even then.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #1467 on: September 29, 2010, 04:01:30 PM »
Episode 2 of Boardwalk was great, Jimmy's wife :drool :drool :drool

how I met your mother on the other hand continuous to be shit.
Drunk

OptimoPeach

« Reply #1468 on: September 29, 2010, 08:08:17 PM »
The season opener for Dexter pretty much sucked, so I guess it was your average Dexter premier
hi5

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1469 on: September 29, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
Yeah, it was really really awful. I think I'm close to being done with Dexter. But I'm sure something cool will happen in the next couple of episodes that will get me to watch the entire season.
AMC

Solo

« Reply #1470 on: September 29, 2010, 08:31:48 PM »
Dexter was awful. Worst episode of the series material.

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #1471 on: September 29, 2010, 08:33:06 PM »
Yeah, it was really really awful. I think I'm close to being done with Dexter. But I'm sure something cool will happen in the next couple of episodes that will get me to watch the entire season.

How the fuck was it awful? It was probably the single best episode in terms of characterization in the show's history. And easily the best premiere since maybe the series premiere.

There was enough subtle setup for the rest of the season as well. I'm highly pumped for the rest of the episodes.

Are you guys just trolling now before anyone actually proclaims it awesome?
HLR

drew

• sy
« Reply #1472 on: September 29, 2010, 08:36:59 PM »
chase

really hot chick lead, makes me want to become a cop just so i can marry someone like that, or an actor so i can marry her, in the episode i saw it was also fun seeing how the crazy mexican would try to get his car back before shiving them with an icepick

the event

watched the second episode when it aired, i was rolling my eyes at the lost and 24 comparisons before the show started but it does seem like it could be a good show, the prospect of an alien race very similar to ours is interesting, although ridiculous, which makes it hard to suspend your sense of disbelief sometimes

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1473 on: September 29, 2010, 08:47:32 PM »

How the fuck was it awful? It was probably the single best episode in terms of characterization in the show's history. And easily the best premiere since maybe the series premiere.

There was enough subtle setup for the rest of the season as well. I'm highly pumped for the rest of the episodes.

Are you guys just trolling now before anyone actually proclaims it awesome?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm just reaching my breaking point with regards to the lack of any subtlety in the writing. I'm sick of every goddamn supporting character. What the fuck was that sex scene? Really? Dexter may be totally "emotionless" but I'd think he's not distinguished mentally-challenged enough to keep the Mickey Mouse hat on while he tells his step-kids their mother was killed. The shit with Harry -- "Where are you now Harry?!?!?" -- and then of course he shows up after Dexter kills an innocent guy (even though when he killed an innocent guy last year that's when he receded for a while). It really isn't all that different than it's been up to this point, but I can't take the godawful writing anymore.
[close]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 08:51:11 PM by CajoleJuice »
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1474 on: September 29, 2010, 09:08:49 PM »
hey distinguished mentally-challenged fellows, watch Boardwalk Empire

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1475 on: September 29, 2010, 09:09:47 PM »
hey guys, watch Lone St-

oh wait
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1476 on: September 29, 2010, 09:18:47 PM »
btw Cajole, sports radio sold me on Sons of Anarchy. The hosts were talking about Detroit 187, getting the city's feel on the show, and a shit ton of people were calling in saying "meh it's alright. If you have to watch something this season, watch Sons of Anarchy"

and even gave a brief idea on what the show is about. sold

Beezy

« Reply #1477 on: September 29, 2010, 09:21:15 PM »
TVC was right, Veronica Mars is a really good show. I finished the first season last night/this morning on netflix. I'd bring Kristen Bell home to my parents. :-[

I'm afraid to watch the next 2 seasons because everyone says they don't live up to the first. Any other shows on netflix that I can start? A friend recommended Prison Break. If you say Lost, you can kill yourself.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1478 on: September 29, 2010, 09:24:10 PM »
You mean streaming, right? Have you watched Archer?

PD: :rock
AMC

Beezy

« Reply #1479 on: September 29, 2010, 09:30:35 PM »
You mean streaming, right? Have you watched Archer?
Yeah. I watched Archer earlier this month. I wish there were more episodes.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1480 on: September 29, 2010, 09:35:44 PM »
TVC was right, Veronica Mars is a really good show. I finished the first season last night/this morning on netflix. I'd bring Kristen Bell home to my parents. :-[

I'm afraid to watch the next 2 seasons because everyone says they don't live up to the first. Any other shows on netflix that I can start? A friend recommended Prison Break. If you say Lost, you can kill yourself.

The first season was great. One of the great seasons of TV imo. (Talking about Veronica Mars)

The other two seasons aren't remotely as good by comparison but I still liked them.

Prison Break also has a good entertaining first season (as long as you accept it for the kind of show it is). But the show really tanks after that imo. Sort of like heroes.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 09:42:36 PM by Stoney Mason »

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1481 on: September 29, 2010, 09:40:54 PM »
I enjoyed Prison Break's 1st season, too. I forget how much I even watched after that.
AMC

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1482 on: September 29, 2010, 09:45:21 PM »
I enjoyed Prison Break's 1st season, too. I forget how much I even watched after that.

Network television loves to kill any good idea it has.

The show never should have been treated as if it was going to be a multi-season 22 episode a season show. There just wasn't enough material to stretch it that thin.

Beezy

« Reply #1483 on: September 29, 2010, 09:48:41 PM »
I'm still pissed off at how distinguished mentally-challenged Heroes got in the 3rd season.

Netflix instant watch on my 360 is extremely addictive. I've ran through so many shows in the past few months. I wish they would get Mad Men up on there.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1484 on: September 29, 2010, 09:51:14 PM »
I'm still pissed off at how distinguished mentally-challenged Heroes got in the 3rd season.

Netflix instant watch on my 360 is extremely addictive. I've ran through so many shows in the past few months. I wish they would get Mad Men up on there.

I thought it got so terrible in the 2nd season that I couldn't stomach watching the 3rd. One day I may get around to it.

Is Journeyman on instant Netflix? I thought that was an awesome show that got cancelled very very early in its run. Still worth watching imo.

Day Break is also pretty cool to watch since it also only ran for a limited number of episodes. I didn't like how they wrapped it up but I still enjoy the overall show and premise.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 09:53:39 PM by Stoney Mason »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1485 on: September 29, 2010, 09:52:51 PM »
The problem with Serenity is that all of the plotlines they started on the show seemed to have a different resolution in the film than what they were supposed to have on the show. I know that now from watching the DVDs, but that was apparent to me whenever I watched the series.

Firefly is probably the biggest fuckup in the history of the world. It might have become one of the best science-fiction shows of all time if it were to continue. Now that I have seen the majority of Whedon's earlier TV shows (Buffy/Angel) it's hard not to look back at Firefly and see the show as his best work initially in setting up a show. Buffy and Angel took awhile before they worked out the kinks, but almost immediately Firefly was a great television show, even with the mixed signals sent due to Fox's influence.

I'm trying not to be a butthurt fan, but it's hard for me to watch the Firefly DVDs without thinking about what could have been at this point.
Some of my problems with the movies you guys already summed up.  My biggest problem was that there wasn't a lot of space for character interaction, which was the best part of the show, much more than the stories that were told.  Some of the characters felt different, like Simon, and that pissed me off because he was my favorite character.  Then there were things like taking River on that bank heist mission that didn't make sense.  There wasn't enough time to do the material justice.

I read up a bit more and apparently if there was a second season, it would have ended with the discovery of Miranda.  That would have been great.  For some reason I thought the show was from 2004, but it's from 2002, and the movie from 2005.   Don't think there are any chances of another TV series or movie at this point. Though, there is a comic about the shepard coming soon.

This is actually the first I've heard of Joss Whedon.  Never saw Buffy or Angel.  I did see the Dr. Horrible Blog thing, but I didn't know who he was even then.

I really like Firefly, and agree that it is Whedon's best work to-date. I'm not including the Serenity movie in that. Whedon went all-out to resolve the end of season 1's character status, wrap the largest loose ends into an endpoint, prevent the licenseholder from carrying on with the character set, and it fails to make a coherent narrative.

It is weird that Shepherd Book will get his own, er, book. The other comics that were made for the series are OK, but if you want to get a taste of what could have been done in prose with the characters, check out Steven Brust's novel he wrote without commision. I really enjoyed it, and it shows where the characters could have been taken, what kind of episodic stories might have been told if Whedon hadn't made such a butthurt movie despite the fans.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2056603/My-Own-Kind-of-Freedom-A-Firefly-Novel-by-Steven-Brust

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #1486 on: September 29, 2010, 09:54:01 PM »
How was Veronica Mars S3? I never watched S2 all the way through but caught a few episodes of S3 and got the impression it might be an improvement.

S1 was golden though, the season-long case was so natural and it's resolution so satisfying. Having some random incident happen to set up S2 felt so cheap and artificial, I just didn't want to bother.
___

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1487 on: September 29, 2010, 09:54:55 PM »
I like the firefly movie. But then I think a movie has to be different than a TV show. I think the movie is good at being a movie. And I think the TV show was good at being a tv show.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #1488 on: September 29, 2010, 09:55:34 PM »
How was Veronica Mars S3? I never watched S2 all the way through but caught a few episodes of S3 and got the impression it might be an improvement

it was probably good that you stopped before the season 2 finale fwiw.  They end up tampering with the established season 1 storyline in a really ham-fisted way. and yea I haven't watched three either, but mainly because friends had warned me it was the worst season.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1489 on: September 29, 2010, 09:56:54 PM »
How was Veronica Mars S3? I never watched S2 all the way through but caught a few episodes of S3 and got the impression it might be an improvement.

S1 was golden though, the season-long case was so natural and it's resolution so satisfying. Having some random incident happen to set up S2 felt so cheap and artificial, I just didn't want to bother.

Season 2 is interesting and enjoyable as it is occurring but it feels like rehash of the first season and the way it ends is a bit annoying.

I like Season 3 more than I like Season 2 but its not like Season 3 is a return to the glory days of the first season. The other 2 seasons have very good moments in them but they don't have the great cohesive thread and the completely solid cast the first season had. Although without spoiling anything I will say I think Season 3 ends on a very strong note.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:04:06 PM by Stoney Mason »

Solo

« Reply #1490 on: September 30, 2010, 06:25:20 PM »

I'm afraid to watch the next 2 seasons because everyone says they don't live up to the first.

They aren't even remotely close. Prepare yourself for that fact, and perhaps your lowered expectations will work in your favor. S1 of Veronica Mars is one of my favorite seasons of televisions bar none, but the show really becomes a pale imitation of itself in S2 and S3. The arcs aren't linked so personally with Veronica anymore, relationship garbage takes over the show (it becomes the Logan and Veronica show), and there are some truly awful moments ahead (the S2 finale has some absolutely awful moustache twirling villainy in it), and the writing drops off. Even the characterization of Veronica changes for the worse over the course of the show. Worst of all for me is the retcon. You'll know it when you get that far. In general, S2 is built around a retcon to one of the most important truths of S1.

I agree with Cohen that Dexter should have been a one season show, and the same is true of Veronica Mars.

Solo

« Reply #1491 on: September 30, 2010, 06:31:05 PM »
Also, Im so sad to see what has become of Kristen Bell's career. She was incredible in VM (and in Deadwood!), and she has since gone onto.... Heroes and a steady stream of rom-coms  :-\

Im sure shes making mad bank doing them, but they are all so far below her talent level. She needs to be the lead in something on HBO.

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #1492 on: September 30, 2010, 06:50:44 PM »
Finally, I'm almost finished with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Without too many spoilers, here's some quick reviews

S1 -Meh. Definitely one of those shows that didn't come together until the next season. Hated the show until I saw Season 2
S2 and S3 - Probably the best two seasons of Buffy overall. I love the campiness and the fact the show never takes itself too seriously. Great characterization and onscreen chemistry between the characters.
S4 - Meh. Again, the season has it's ups and downs. One of the top five episodes in Buffy history comes in Season Four (Hush) but that doesn't explain the outlandish sci-fi crap they fling at the audience. It still would have worked if not for the fact that it feels like the writers wrap up shit WAY too quickly when there is potential for more in almost every episode.
S5 - Better than S4, but by this point the show really lost the campiness/ability to not take itself seriously. Again, this isn't necessarily a bad thing (The Body) but the show just got way too DARK DARK DARK DARK DARK. Much better wrap-up of plotlines and story this season
S6 - Not horrible, but not great either It really didn't feel like too much happened. The villains were lame.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dark Willow was pretty awesome though, and something the show's been touching on for several seasons prior. Good on the writers for pulling the trigger on some really shocking behavior
[close]
S7 - Not a fan so far. Buffy's a real bitch in this season. Not a great way to end a pretty decent show. No wonder the ratings were slacking at this point. Nathan Fillion, however, KICKS ASS. Probably my favorite antagonist on the show so far.
HLR

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1493 on: September 30, 2010, 06:57:56 PM »
I watched S1-S6 at the end of last year and mostly agree with your assessment, though I would say S3 = S5 > S2. I was a big fan of S5 for a variety fo reasons - mostly seeing how the writers managed to turn things around from the mucky SF boredom of season 4.

S6 was such a letdown that I never got around to watching S7 ... I hear it's just a total tonal clusterfuck that I'm afraid, so very afraid
乱学者

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1494 on: September 30, 2010, 07:01:14 PM »
Watched the Eastbound and Down second season premier. That little person was awesome. I hope he pops back up. Good episode anyway.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1495 on: September 30, 2010, 07:04:17 PM »
EB&D premiere sets up a good season I think, but I wasn't too crazy about it as an episode. A lot of the jokes could be basically reduced to "look at this funny looking foreign guy!" which I've always found incredibly lazy.
zzzzz

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1496 on: September 30, 2010, 07:22:15 PM »
EB&D premiere sets up a good season I think, but I wasn't too crazy about it as an episode. A lot of the jokes could be basically reduced to "look at this funny looking foreign guy!" which I've always found incredibly lazy.

I think the show is always pretty crude but that's what I like about it. Also when the protagonist is just as bad and worse than the other characters I don't think its just foreign bashing.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1497 on: September 30, 2010, 07:54:56 PM »
Oh didn't have a problem with it for any moral reason. I just didn't find it very funny.

Edit: That said, the episode ended awesomely and I'm very optimistic about the season.
zzzzz

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1498 on: September 30, 2010, 08:34:32 PM »
I feel the same way, although I've never liked the show as much as I feel I should. The speech at the end was so amazing, though.
AMC

cool breeze

« Reply #1499 on: September 30, 2010, 08:51:02 PM »
Season 1 for me was half not enjoying it, half finding it hilarious.  First episode of season 2 makes me feel the same way and it is what I expect from the show.  I just round it up to see if I liked the episode or not, and the speech at the end got me.