Author Topic: Official MMO News And Information Thread of Etoilet Jacking Off Over Shitty GW2  (Read 171468 times)

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
Re: Official MMO News And Information Thread
« Reply #180 on: August 25, 2010, 12:33:20 PM »
so basically, all MMO developers are pretty much giving this Genre to Blizzard cause no other company can make a competent MMO.
UNF

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2010, 02:16:52 PM »
So, wait, if you play FFXIV too much in a single week, then the XP you earn slowly goes down to ZERO? :rofl
dog

archie4208

« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2010, 02:17:34 PM »
SE is just making sure that people don't destroy their lives by getting addicted to FF14. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2010, 02:28:33 PM »
SE is just making sure that people keep forkin' over that paper.

dog

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2010, 02:34:35 PM »
I thought FFXIV looked interesting but the latest news is beyond embarrassing; I wasn't going to play it regardless, and as a viewer from the outside I'm seriously baffled.

It's like this is a pattern of distinguished mentally-challenged fellow MMO decisions; it's as if Blizzard employees have secretly joined these teams, sabotaged their games, and bailed out like fucking ninjas.

"you know how we take out WoW? Make a Warhammer game with no space marines"
"that's brilliant, it just might be the left field sales pitch we need!"
"you're welcome :smug"

"I want to make a revolutionary Star Wars game. What if there was...get this: no real space combat, just on-rails combat to attract casual Wii players to our market"
"it's so crazy it just might work!"
":smug"

"what if we made an MMO that punishes you for playing too much? I think this could make our product abstract art in its truest form"
"I can't wait to hear what Ebert says, let's do it!"
"sure thing :smug"

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2010, 02:39:49 PM »
I just don't see why everyone is falling all over themselves to push out an MMO. Sure there's a ton of money in the genre, but WoW is pulling in about 90% of that money and the remaining 10% is split between countless big-budget and cheap-o "free-to-play" games.

Making a big-budget MMO seems like Russian roulette, where there's actually five of the chambers filled with bullets.
dog

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2010, 02:48:01 PM »
I just don't see why everyone is falling all over themselves to push out an MMO. Sure there's a ton of money in the genre, but WoW is pulling in about 90% of that money and the remaining 10% is split between countless big-budget and cheap-o "free-to-play" games.

Making a big-budget MMO seems like Russian roulette, where there's actually five of the chambers filled with bullets.

I don't agree at all. A lot of these big budget MMO's get phenomenal sales the first month, but absolutely fail to keep subscriptions due to a lack of common sense.
UNF

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2010, 02:57:44 PM »

I don't agree at all. A lot of these big budget MMO's get phenomenal sales the first month

Isn't that in part because those MMOs offer the first month free?
dog

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2010, 03:02:26 PM »

I don't agree at all. A lot of these big budget MMO's get phenomenal sales the first month

Isn't that in part because those MMOs offer the first month free?

well, they are still paying ~50 dollars to buy the game in the first place
UNF

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2010, 03:06:34 PM »
Then they dump the game and go back to playing WoW...
dog

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2010, 03:21:46 PM »
Speaking of MMOs people abandoned for WoW, they just announced a RVR WAR expansion that'll add the Skaven as a playable race; although not from level 1. Probably will be like a DK where you'll need to be a certain Renown Rank to unlock them since they're raising the Renown level cap to 100.
CBG

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2010, 04:29:59 PM »
http://kotaku.com/5621786/final-fantasy-xivs-play+limiting-fatigue-system-explained

Players get 8 hours of full XP and 7 hours of reduced XP per class per week. After those 15 hours are up the class will receive no XP until the timer resets.

I'm not a die-hard MMO catasser, but this is obviously and patently ridiculous. WoW reduces XP once you leave the "Rested" state but never cuts you off completely.
乱学者

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2010, 05:05:22 PM »
Yes, pay SE $15 a month for 15 hours a week of gameplay.
CBG

« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2010, 05:14:41 PM »
http://kotaku.com/5621786/final-fantasy-xivs-play+limiting-fatigue-system-explained

Players get 8 hours of full XP and 7 hours of reduced XP per class per week. After those 15 hours are up the class will receive no XP until the timer resets.

I'm not a die-hard MMO catasser, but this is obviously and patently ridiculous. WoW reduces XP once you leave the "Rested" state but never cuts you off completely.
clearly doing it to limit player levels as they are popping the game out before it's ready and don't have enough content to support it. boooooo.

ffxi is the only mmo i've ever played and i was looking forward to ffxiv but fuck that noise. i don't know why they are rushing their biggest cashcow for a quick cash grab but i hope they fail.
orl

ManaByte

« Reply #194 on: August 25, 2010, 07:32:07 PM »
FFXIV is still $14.99 for one character slot. $3 each additional slot.

So it technically has the highest monthly fee for a MMO, but with the least amount of playable time allowed.

The GAF thread is epic.
CBG

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2010, 08:05:57 PM »
I am less against the FFXIV XP thing than I would have been a few years ago. It's still a bad idea though.  :lol

Agree with Bam, seems like something the dev team did to buy a little bit of time in which they can madly rush and make an endgame.

Also, keeping the 'buy more slots' model is fucked.

ManaByte

« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2010, 08:22:23 PM »
Well a lot of games do the buy more slots thing, but they normally give you at least four or five to start and then you can buy more slots for about what SE charges for ONE.
CBG

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2010, 11:01:41 AM »
It just feels like this game was designed by people who have been locked in a cupboard for the last 10 years.

Japan development in a nutshell

Oddly enough, all Japanese development takes place in an actual nutshell.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2010, 11:31:46 AM »
"FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which is scheduled to begin at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010, will be postponed due to a confirmation of critical bugs. New schedule will be released at a later date.

Along with the postponement of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, the issuing of registration code for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be postponed as well. With the download of client software's installer, it will be suspended at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

::)

Sho Nuff

« Reply #199 on: August 31, 2010, 11:39:01 AM »
It's scheduled to come out in 3 weeks. Wouldn't the discs be printed by now ???

ManaByte

« Reply #200 on: August 31, 2010, 11:40:37 AM »

Um, yea. They've already printed the discs and sent them the manufacturing. They had FINAL product at Gamescom.
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #201 on: August 31, 2010, 11:46:54 AM »
:rofl

Square doesn't listen to any criticism. Anyone who knows anything about their history with FFXI knows that to be true. They live in a vacuum.
CBG

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #202 on: August 31, 2010, 12:10:20 PM »

A day 1 patch isn't bad as bad perse as it would be in other genres, but this is gonna be a shit sandwich even with that
___

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #203 on: August 31, 2010, 01:58:58 PM »
crashbugs say what
乱学者

ManaByte

« Reply #204 on: August 31, 2010, 04:10:08 PM »
Why is FFXIV needed?

If you want a punishing experience grind that fucks you up the ass on death, you have FFXI.

Everything else is handled by the currently-released MMOs.

It'd still kill for a old West MMO along the lines of RDR with hardcore EVE/UO style PVP freedom though.
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2010, 05:31:55 PM »
:lol

It's an Asian developed MMO. It's a grind.

The only Asian developed MMO that ISN'T a grind is crappy Aion because they spent a shitload of time taking most of the grind out for the US release. TERA is apparently doing the same.
CBG

etiolate

« Reply #206 on: August 31, 2010, 06:07:15 PM »
MMO fans are the most willing to be punished game fans out there. Reading the gaf thread is kind of depressing. "I know its a total fuck up but by now I don't care, I'm COMMITTED!"

ManaByte

« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2010, 06:08:47 PM »
Those aren't MMO fans in that thread. They're FFXI fans. There's a difference.

MMO fans have known to avoid FFXI for years.
CBG

etiolate

« Reply #208 on: August 31, 2010, 06:36:48 PM »
eh WoW forums are just as bad

"its ok, if Blizzard says we don't deserve this then they know better, we should just be happy they provide us this game"

ManaByte

« Reply #209 on: August 31, 2010, 07:11:57 PM »
Well at least WoW and FFXI players recognize what a MMO is and what isn't a MMO.
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #210 on: August 31, 2010, 07:36:47 PM »
More news on the WAR RVR expansion:

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=1260
WAR is not going Free 2 Play: We’re not considering this option right now. We’re learning lessons from micro-transaction driven games; however we’re not interested in directly selling things like armor progression or other piecemeal power options. What we do plan on introducing is paid services such as server transfers, character renames and other commonly found services. We are committed to implementing these services in a responsible manner and won’t flip that switch until we’re satisfied that it will not compromise your in game experience. Additionally, we will continue to offer that buffet of services by offering the entire RVR pack purchasable in three segments. Each player can get what the features they want without committing to the whole thing (though we do think all three packs will be pretty great.)

We’re introducing a new Skaven Themed RvR Zone. This new zone is not designed to be the “new hotness” where everyone runs off to once it launches. Rather, the new area will integrate into the existing Tier 4 campaign, supplementing it rather than becoming a siphon. This new RvR experience will be just that…RvR. We’re building on the success of the redesigned cities and iterating on lessons learned there. The zone will be an epic struggle between Order and Destruction, with the victor reaping the rewards.

Skaven are coming: The RvR Pack will be introducing Skaven to the WAR. True to their chaotic nature, the Skaven will influence the battlefield in significant ways, skittering about, doing what Skaven do. Skaven will be playable by both Realms and are not an NPC “third realm”.

Each of the three parts of the RvR Pack (Power, Progression, and Personality) will tie into RvR.

We are increasing the RR Cap to 100: This goes hand in hand with a rework of the Renown Ability system. Our goal is to make the Renown Ability system less restrictive, more customizable and closer, in spirit, to the RA system from Dark Age of Camelot. In the past ten years, we’ve learned a lot of lessons from DAoC, and we’re taking our inspiration from this.  At the same time, we’ll be easing some of the grind from 1-80. RR 100 will be a challenge, but we will take responsibility for making sure that the power gap between lower RR’s and the higher RR players isn’t an insurmountable obstacle to overcome.
CBG

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #211 on: September 01, 2010, 01:24:25 AM »
eh WoW forums are just as bad

"its ok, if Blizzard says we don't deserve this then they know better, we should just be happy they provide us this game"

I sure haven't heard that line in months.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #212 on: September 01, 2010, 01:44:37 AM »
WoW fans are slightly different. They complain about everything but still play because "there's nothing better", which just means they like having their hand held and welfare epics.
itm

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
« Reply #213 on: September 01, 2010, 10:51:49 PM »
final Fantasy XI was nice at low levels, whe nyou first started and the mob exp allowed you to level decently. But when mob xp stayed the same, or barely went up, and you had to split that xp among 5 party members, making sure to keep on pulling fast enough to chain for the bonus you had to get to level decently and leveling solo was NOT an option, yea, it got tiresome.
XDF

ManaByte

« Reply #214 on: September 02, 2010, 04:22:49 PM »
More Square failure. They turned off open beta applications. They fail at "open" beta.

Applications for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test have been temporarily suspended. Please wait until we are ready to accept new applications and then try again.
CBG

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #215 on: September 02, 2010, 06:45:01 PM »
still gonna get it.  :lol

I don't think I'm getting the collector's anymore though...prob just the standard. DAY ONE lol.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
乱学者

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #217 on: September 03, 2010, 03:02:00 PM »
Red 5 announces MMO Firefall

http://www.firefallthegame.com/

Squad-based SF shooter vs. bug aliens

it looks okay, a bit like Borderlands meets Starship Troopers

the lore is pretty Saturday morning cartoon-level unfortunately

EDIT: The website is also dedicated to rocking the <glow> tag like it's 2002
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 03:10:32 PM by Howard Alan Treesong »
乱学者

ManaByte

« Reply #218 on: September 03, 2010, 04:52:20 PM »
Looks like Borderlands meets Starship Troopers meets TRIBES.
CBG

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #219 on: September 03, 2010, 04:57:58 PM »
it looks quite polished and if their expectations are reasonable they can serve a niche market well
乱学者

ManaByte

« Reply #220 on: September 03, 2010, 05:01:04 PM »
The jetpacks and the way it moves in first person looks a lot like Tribes, which is a GOOD thing.
CBG

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #221 on: September 03, 2010, 05:17:02 PM »
Red 5 Studios had to lay a lot of people off earlier this year, and then Chinese MMO company The9 bought a majority share this March (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_5_Studios). I'm not sure what their domestic/global expectations are, especially since The9 lost the WoW license to Netease.

That's neither here-nor-there on the game, though, which looks quite good. The mechanical and armor designs are pretty tight, especially.

On the gripping hand: the Crystite Wars?
乱学者

ManaByte

« Reply #222 on: September 03, 2010, 05:18:11 PM »
No wonder it looks so much like Tribes. Scott Youngblood is on it and he was lead designer on Tribes.

CBG

etiolate

« Reply #223 on: September 03, 2010, 10:04:21 PM »
PAX 2010 has just begun and the curse team already had a chance to demo Arena Net's Guild Wars 2! The star of the demo was the revolutionary ipad and smart phone application currently in development.

At launch, the app will have tons of features available, designed to help offline players connect with their friends in-game. Along with the ability to chat with your friends and guildmates from your portable device, players will also be able to view the location of their friends via a fullscreen map, showing their actions and movement in real-time.

Other planned features of the app include a remote auction house and the ability to add new friends straight from your portable device. The app will be available to Guild Wars 2 players for no extra charge.

Probably see these things pop up in most MMOs.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #224 on: September 03, 2010, 11:17:49 PM »
Lord of the Rings Online free to play begins on the 8th for past and current subscribers and on the 10th for new ones!
:9

etiolate

« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2010, 12:11:22 AM »
Yeah I am going to be popping into my LOTRO character. 41 Runekeeper. Someone from GAF made me a bunch of shit for when I hit 42 and then I quit playing.

ManaByte

« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2010, 02:18:44 AM »
PAX 2010 has just begun and the curse team already had a chance to demo Arena Net's Guild Wars 2! The star of the demo was the revolutionary ipad and smart phone application currently in development.

At launch, the app will have tons of features available, designed to help offline players connect with their friends in-game. Along with the ability to chat with your friends and guildmates from your portable device, players will also be able to view the location of their friends via a fullscreen map, showing their actions and movement in real-time.

Other planned features of the app include a remote auction house and the ability to add new friends straight from your portable device. The app will be available to Guild Wars 2 players for no extra charge.

Probably see these things pop up in most MMOs.

WoW already has an auction house app.
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #227 on: September 05, 2010, 11:04:32 PM »
FFXIV beta installed. So far it's just a REALLY nice looking HD version of FFXI.
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #228 on: September 06, 2010, 09:47:47 AM »
You mean how they pulled the servers down for about 12 hours last night with ZERO notice or explanation or communication in any way? Or how the patcher hangs on a 10mb update that ends up taking you all day to download?

It's FFXI but with WoW-style hotkeys and new graphics. It's basically just FFXI: Cataclysm.
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #229 on: September 06, 2010, 10:08:36 AM »
Also, I've already lost one character due to a corrupted character file. For a game that comes out in 15 days, thats unacceptable. That's an ALPHA bug that shouldn't exist.
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #230 on: September 06, 2010, 11:02:04 AM »
And I hope you like Gil farmers. About half the players in the OB are just Gil Farmers advertising their sites for when the game goes live.

Here's the gameplay:

GRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRIND

They give you one quest to start with. Then it's GRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRIND
CBG

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #231 on: September 06, 2010, 02:31:05 PM »
one quest? I'm not familiar with FFXI/FFXIV at all but uhh wtf

Sho Nuff

« Reply #232 on: September 06, 2010, 05:03:12 PM »
Woot HD Tarutaru

ManaByte

« Reply #233 on: September 07, 2010, 01:32:00 AM »
FFXIV crashes 4 out of 5 logins.
CBG

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #234 on: September 07, 2010, 07:04:50 PM »
all of us who liked FFXI will buy anyway just to see. wasn't FFXI abysmal for a the first year?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
/stockholm
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #235 on: September 07, 2010, 07:12:50 PM »
FFXI only makes me grind because it LOVES me!!
dog

etiolate

« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2010, 06:29:52 AM »
some more PAX demo impression tidbits on GW2

I also took time to really talk with a Dev standing beside me who show me the dye system. Which is GODLY! I could be wrong but it is pretty much you buy a dye and it is a set of color palletes which you can then apply to your armor in three areas. Main color secondary and tertiary. Dyes are also split among different types like royal and common color types. It was just awesome!

Plus after playing the demo I learned that if you do not save the watermelons from the rabbits the vendors will actually lose access to items based upon that. Which means that events can directly effect the games economy in a given area. Jeff Grubb was the one to tell me about that.

For the elementalist, I felt like I could experiment with the mechanics a lot. Vapor blade for example goes through enemies on the way to your target so it's a good idea to target whoever is at the back and hit his friends on the way to him.

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2010, 03:15:18 PM »
Lord of the Rings Online went "free to play" yesterday. It's a well polished MMO unlike EQ2 or any of "free" MMO out there.
UNF

ManaByte

« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2010, 03:16:34 PM »
It went free today for former subscribers. Everyone else tomorrow.

And Turbine's F2P is actually more expensive than paying $15 a month for another MMO. They lock EVERYTHING behind pay to play. It's a free chat room, but that's about bit.
CBG

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2010, 03:38:38 PM »
I actually like it, once you open up what you need you retain those those things. So even though you may go over $15 for a single month you're not subscribing you end up paying $0 the next month. Its all about choices though, subscribe and have access to everything or not and buy what you need to buy. I like choices! And even though you may end up paying much more in the long run, as non-subscriber, I see that as them needing to give more of an incentive to be a subscriber.
:9