Author Topic: The Bore Tekken 6 Thread Of ONLINE FIXED AND FUCKING AWESOME Post-Patch!  (Read 21970 times)

Akala

• Easy Victor
Re: The Bore Tekken 6 Thread Of AWESOME AMAZING STELLAR NETCODE
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2009, 10:00:05 PM »
I install everything on my 360, heavy rotation stuff anyway. For Forza, that's disc 1, 2, and whatever DLC the sticker on the cover is talking about. I ballparked.

Tekken is kind of underwhelming me right now.  :(

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2009, 10:01:55 PM »
so...tekken is tekken  :lol 

anyone try online tonight?  is it that bad?  I was hoping they'd have a day 1 patch or something.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2009, 10:15:58 PM »
well, namco continues the trend of shitty single-player campaign modes they started with soul calibur 3
duc

Bebpo

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2009, 10:32:37 PM »
You did not compare optionally installing Forza 3 (less than 6GB, by the by) to the PS3

I think it's pretty fair since whenever load times are mentioned in an X360 game everyone says "well I install every X360 game I play anyways, so there won't be load times"

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2009, 10:47:49 PM »
Just played a shit-ton of online on PS3.  The guy I was playing, it turns out, is in Atlanta, so we had a perfect connection.  Then another guy from California joined, and shit got laggy.  Input delay problems and all that.  I think playing on your own side of the coast is good, but this game can't handle coast to coast play.

Ended up with over 170,000 gold when we finished.  You get like 5,000 for every win, and 1,000 for each loss.

What's the problem with load times? I just played arcade mode (360; installed) and they were like 3 seconds. Way quicker than VF5, and about on par with SF4...

Online might be a different story though.

Maybe if you're a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow and didn't install the game on PS3, and played online with a shitty connection, the load times are 10 seconds.

Installed on both systems, the load times are 5 seconds for 360, 4 seconds for PS3.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 10:49:20 PM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2009, 10:52:52 PM »
You playing now Lyte?  I'll play you if you are

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2009, 11:03:55 PM »
You get like 150,000+ gold for each level you beat in the story mode.  :lol
BiSH

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2009, 11:07:01 PM »
You playing now Lyte?  I'll play you if you are

Sorry mayne, taking a break.  Maybe later on tonight.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2009, 11:07:18 PM »
You get like 150,000+ gold for each level you beat in the story mode.  :lol

Well, there's perhaps the only reason to play story mode! 
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2009, 11:39:24 PM »
Man I fucking hate the training mode in this game. 

Hit start -> press o on command list -> try 1-2 moves -> hit start -> press o on command list -> next 1-2 moves -> repeat for 10-15 mins.  At the end of that, remember maybe 20% of the moves you just did.   :(

Rman

« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2009, 11:48:29 PM »
Will we ever get a training mode like VF4 EVO?  And that was last generation.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2009, 11:50:19 PM »
perhaps a coup is in order. if you grew a goatee, you could be the xfag grand vizier!

It's pretty much beneath me now to remind Scoqs that they aren't playing the superior version (infact they can count themselves fortunate if they get a game approaching parity). They've intimated time and time again that they prefer cotton to silk, shit to fine praline choco, horse pish to champagne and thus , to follow suit, the lesser troll squads can deal with these jizz quenches. They'd obviously prefer that to my high brow awesomeness. They can now have bronze medal smack downs to go with their defeated semi-finalist console sensibilities.

Not bad but I still fear you're a turncoat.  As a lowly prole in the xfag kingdom, I need strong, resolute leadership from the emperor.
🍆🍆

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2009, 11:55:31 PM »
I think those 10+ second load times are coming from review builds. I watched the Giantbomb quick look the other day and the load times were very very long. The retail disc has been pretty quick so far.

Anyway, I kinda like this Tekken Force mode.  :teehee  Gonna try to get all the story and achievements out of the way before I really focus on multiplayer. And Zafina is awesome.
BiSH

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2009, 12:04:43 AM »
perhaps a coup is in order. if you grew a goatee, you could be the xfag grand vizier!

It's pretty much beneath me now to remind Scoqs that they aren't playing the superior version (infact they can count themselves fortunate if they get a game approaching parity). They've intimated time and time again that they prefer cotton to silk, shit to fine praline choco, horse pish to champagne and thus , to follow suit, the lesser troll squads can deal with these jizz quenches. They'd obviously prefer that to my high brow awesomeness. They can now have bronze medal smack downs to go with their defeated semi-finalist console sensibilities.

:bow Long live the XFE :bow2

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2009, 12:06:11 AM »
nascent insurgency put in its place!

:bow xfe :bow2
duc

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2009, 12:18:00 AM »
Just picked this up. First Tekken I'm gonna attempt to get serious™ with! So many characters to choose from... gonna take forever to find a main.
I will be your main anytime hon.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2009, 12:32:19 AM »
the arena in the story mode is like the story mode in tekken 5. you just have to unlock EVERYONE thru the story, and have to fight the damn cheap endboss.

lars is a terrible character design. I like alexis (?) though. most of the new characters seem pretty fun.

not digging the stages as much as T5/DR.

played two matches online, one was decent, next was awful.

not sure what's up, but load times are longer than 4-5 seconds for me, at least in the arcade mode.

still, more tekken. I like tekken. will be playing for a while.  :)

Bebpo

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2009, 12:40:27 AM »
Yeah, I've been reading people have varying load times with Tekken 6 when installed on PS3.  Sounds like hard drive models all over again.  Forgot what the last game this happened in was, but people had really big differences in load times depending on the model of their hard drive.

Anyhow, how do you beat the robot mini-boss?  Also how do you beat Jin who is ALWAYS IN RED GLOWING BAR MODE.  Goddamn that is some cheap bs.  Oh and I hate all these fighting games that bring you back to the character select after you lose, thus making it take 20-30 seconds between matches when you have to keep retrying against a cheap boss.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2009, 01:03:45 AM »
I think the trick to the robot is ten hit combos, honestly. I came really close to beating it with leo, but it cheesed me with a laser just before it died. haven't tried again because I jumped into the story mode. I just wailed on it with the canned 5 string punch combo she has.

azazel SUCKS. will look for a cheesy way to beat it in the morning.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2009, 02:06:29 AM »
Spam juggles n' shit.  I went through arena mode once and got a perfect on Azrael.  Easy as shit...just kept spamming kicks.

AND WHY IS THERE A FUCKING FURRY VERSION OF KING NOW?  IT'S A NAKED JAGUAR MAN WHY OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2009, 04:31:09 AM »
Just had my first rage quitter!  :D

I'm LOVING Alisa because she keeps pissing off scrubs with her "cheap moves."  :lol   This was a GREAT match; I hit all the trademark lol-tastic moves, and the guy quit at the very end.  Very satisfying, wish I could have saved it, but it was a player match.

The messages that followed said:

Me: lol u mad

Him: she is so fucking cheap

Me: gotta learn how to play instead of rage quitting like a scrub.

Him: listen i know how to play motherfucker i didn't rage quit since i waited until after the match bitch i never faced her before so i didn't know what to expect but hey your the cigarillo trying to spam the rockets

Me: ha ha u mad scrub.
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2009, 04:55:13 AM »
You're pretty lame, lyte. Grow up.
fat

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2009, 05:17:06 AM »
yeah it's not a rage quit unless he quits mid-match. maybe it was the first time he played online and he just wanted to test the netcode and got whooped. who knows? he did say the magic word though (cheap)  ::)

Alisa is pretty awesome though. I like the combo where she uses her disembodied head to smack a fool. :lol
BiSH

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2009, 05:21:05 AM »

yeah it's not a rage quit unless he quits mid-match. maybe it was the first time he played online and he just wanted to test the netcode and got whooped. who knows? he did say the magic word though (cheap)  ::)

Naw, it was a rage quit.  Dude quit at the end, but not far enough along that the match was completely over and done.  If that was ranked, he'd have been penalized or whatever it is the game does to droppers.  It doesn't matter since it was just a player match; it's just fun to see what you can get out of somebody with a simple "u mad."

Alisa is pretty awesome though. I like the combo where she uses her disembodied head to smack a fool. :lol

Or this--

Great way to finish a match!
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2009, 10:50:08 AM »
love the churches chicken billboards in story. :lol

story mode is assy, but it's way easier to get tons of cash in it. you can't really use finisse characters, but spammy ones like law work great. you also get random items, which saves a ton of money. leo is already decked out.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2009, 01:06:36 PM »
Weren't there churches chicken coupons in SC4?  what a weird ass product placement :lol

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2009, 01:26:10 PM »
Afro Samurai also has a coupon for Church's Chicken.

:teehee
BiSH

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2009, 02:12:41 PM »
is leo a dude or a chica, anyhow?
duc

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2009, 02:30:17 PM »

fap without fear.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2009, 03:01:06 PM »
reverse trap.

girl hiding her identity by being a boy.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2009, 03:41:58 PM »
Where are the Bob pics?
fat

Sho Nuff

« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2009, 03:54:50 PM »
:bow Bob :bow2

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2009, 06:00:22 PM »
I need to get Bob unlocked in story mode, so I can get him all decked out in his top hat and monocle.   :tophat
ど助平

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2009, 08:46:58 PM »
I didn't get around to playing this yet, too much Forza 3 action. How does Scenario Campaign control? Is it fine with the analog stick?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2009, 08:50:58 PM »
I didn't get around to playing this yet, too much Forza 3 action. How does Scenario Campaign control? Is it fine with the analog stick?

You use the analog stick to move around normally, and the d-pad for doing all the regular Tekken stuff when fighting.  You could just use the d-pad for everything, but you don't seem to move as quickly in the non-fighting walking sections, or when you need to run over to a chaingun and pick it up.

Scenario Campaign pretty much sucks though.  Just good for getting money and character items.  They should have made it side-scrolling like Tekken Force in Tekken 3.  Enough with the 3D crap.
ど助平

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2009, 09:05:26 PM »
I can't just use the analog stick? What kind of crap is this?

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2009, 09:36:28 PM »
If it helps, I found this achievement guide to make going through the game easier.
http://www.msxbox-world.com/features/TEKKEN-6/index.php

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2009, 02:03:08 AM »
This game is fucking great!   Feels so much faster and responsive than any other Tekken.  lag city online, unfortunately.  I like scenario mode too.  Last boss is easier than Jinpachi, thankfully. 

I like Xiaoyu's new moves a lot. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2009, 02:10:27 AM »
This game is fucking great!   Feels so much faster and responsive than any other Tekken.  lag city online, unfortunately.  I like scenario mode too.  Last boss is easier than Jinpachi, thankfully. 

I like Xiaoyu's new moves a lot. 

Much of the animation seems like it was FINALLY reworked, so everything feels smoother and less stiff than usual.   Haters are too busy whining about TEH GRAPHICS to notice this stuff.  Never mind that the game does look better than all the previous Tekkens...there's a lot of subtle things that make it better overall, and the lighting is pretty good.  I think the way some of the character's faces look are worse, however.  Maybe more realistic, but also uglier.

Xiaoyu's awesome-- I'm really having a hard time finding a main to stick with.   :lol  I used Bob and Xiaoyu a bit today.  Alisa's robo-moves just keep me coming back, though.  It's also always fun to listen to reactions from players who get hit by the robo-rockets for the first time.   Yeah, back away guy, so I can blast you!

I feel like I'm getting better when matched up against Jin and Kazuya, because so many players keep picking them.  It's like flowchart Ken all over again!  Eddy and Christie have been giving me a bit of trouble, too.  I find that I am getting better at winning using Alisa, at least.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 02:15:23 AM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2009, 02:23:19 AM »
yeah, my one fight online was a flowchart Kazuya.  but I never play people in Tekken so I totally lost  :'(  I've been Xiaoyu exclusively since T3, I pretty much never use anyone else.  Her stances are so much fun to use!

The animation is definitely much better.  I've always loved Tekken's animation, but they stepped it up.  The graphics are not super amazing, but I don't give a shit because the animation is. 

I think the rainy heli-pad stage might be the best background in a fighting game ever. 

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2009, 03:02:02 AM »
the way people are talking about this game you'd think it was the worst thing ever.

it's pretty good, sans online.

Jansen

« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2009, 03:03:21 AM »
Fuck, now I'm pumped buy and play this, even though I promised myself to finish Batman and Demon Souls before I do so! :-\

which rls of demon's souls did you get?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2009, 03:20:51 AM »
yeah, it's a good fighting game and probably the best tekken i've played, mechanics- and animation-wise. i will never play a fighting game online until we have ubiquitous near-zero latency fiber, so no harm no foul.
duc

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2009, 04:11:06 AM »
yeah, my one fight online was a flowchart Kazuya.  but I never play people in Tekken so I totally lost  :'(  I've been Xiaoyu exclusively since T3, I pretty much never use anyone else.  Her stances are so much fun to use!

The animation is definitely much better.  I've always loved Tekken's animation, but they stepped it up.  The graphics are not super amazing, but I don't give a shit because the animation is. 

I think the rainy heli-pad stage might be the best background in a fighting game ever. 

There people saying DOA4 looks better.   :lol ::)

Fuck, now I'm pumped buy and play this, even though I promised myself to finish Batman and Demon Souls before I do so! :-\

It's all good as long as you know about the online.  If you think it's going to a heavy part of your play time and don't think you can deal with the lag, it's not worth getting.  No question that playing this offline with friends or online with people who live in your area (I played with someone in Atlanta, and it was a perfect connection...even KOF XII was like that) is the way to go.

the way people are talking about this game you'd think it was the worst thing ever.

it's pretty good, sans online.

It's pretty much fighting game over-reacton '09.  People have been waiting a couple of years to have the game at home, and so there's disappointment abound about its flaws.  Don't confuse NeoGAF with what most people are complaining about though, which is pretty much just the online.  It's on GAF that you have people going TEH GRAPHICS SUCK!!!!!!!! and I CAN'T BEAT THE FINAL BOSS, I'M SELLING THE GAME!!!, and other stupid shit.  Pretty much the kind of complaints you get from non-fighting game players who have interest in this and then are surprised they have to actually learn to play it, and then on the other end of the spectrum, you have the uber-hardcore types who think the online is so awful because the timing on hit #9 of their 10-hit juggle combo might be hard to get out on occasion. 

yeah, it's a good fighting game and probably the best tekken i've played, mechanics- and animation-wise. i will never play a fighting game online until we have ubiquitous near-zero latency fiber, so no harm no foul.

Absolutely.  It's hands-down the best Tekken, period.  I don't think there's anything about it that will bring in people who never liked the series before, but there is a reason why this game has dominated in arcades for so long-- it's got great mechanics, improved animation, and an overall pretty-balanced roster, despite there being 40 characters.  I've enjoyed the hell out of it despite all the online issues.  Finding plenty of people to play, and when the lag is bad, I just move on and find more people to play. 

I'd like to get your thoughts on the online if you ever try it, Prof.  Play with people on your side of the coast, and with full green bars, and it should be pretty decent.  There is no doubt that the game is in need of a patch, but it's no KOF XII.  But of course, there are people saying that, which is just :rofl.

But HD Remix and SF4 have really good netplay, and BlazBlue is near-perfect.  Those are the best, no question.

I'm really eager to get the PSP version coming, too.  Tekken 5 DR and Soul Calibur BD were awesome, awesome ports, so Tekken 6 should be equally as eye-poppingly well ported.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 04:16:46 AM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2009, 12:40:32 PM »
I installed the game to my X360 hard drive. Will start SC mode tonight.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2009, 01:51:44 PM »
something i noticed with the 360 online is that it's faster to hit B (back) and search again after winning/losing match instead of auto search otherwise it will take forever to sync. and i love how you select character then you search for fights, kinda neat.

also 360 load time on disc = same as ps3 installed, perhaps even a bit faster, didn't try it installed because i was playing on my friend's 20gig.

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2009, 01:57:49 AM »
Will start this game tomorrow. Forza 3 is consuming my soul...

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2009, 02:01:23 AM »
online is more of a mixed bag.  some perfect matches, some so horrible it's not funny...all of them show green bars.  namco needs to patch this shit. 

originalz

• Z!?
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2009, 05:38:54 AM »
Holy shit, this game is unplayable on the stock 360 controller.  When I used it, I was lucky if my moves came out 50% of the time, bloody frustrating as hell.  Looks like my stick is gonna be getting a good workout!

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2009, 05:40:48 AM »
i just used the analog stick.

one/two button mashing dude.

originalz

• Z!?
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2009, 12:50:17 AM »
Aite, this game is awesome.  Let's do a Bore tourney!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2009, 01:43:25 AM »
Aite, this game is awesome.  Let's do a Bore tourney!

With this game's netcode?  IMPOSSIBLE.  Maybe it might work if we all just do pokes n' jabs.   :lol
ど助平

Sho Nuff

« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2009, 02:09:07 AM »
:bow Kuma :bow2

I have a Kuma t-shirt I bought at Uniqlo, it gets me chicks

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2009, 02:12:21 AM »
I want one
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2009, 02:12:43 AM »
Post a pic!

EDIT: These?

ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2009, 02:32:43 AM »
That is amazing. But I dont like long sleeves
fat

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2009, 02:33:42 AM »
BORE TOURENEY

PS3 this time.

online has actually been ok tonight. let's roll.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2009, 02:45:47 AM »
How many of us here even have the game?

Akala (PS3)
Bebpo (PS3)
lyte (PS3, 360)
originalz (360)
Ferrariman (360)
Sho Nuff (360?)
MCD (360)
Prof. Prole (360)
Jinfash (PS3)
Cravis (?)
Iconoclast (360)

So that's four of us with the game on PS3.  Not enough people, and Jinfash being where he is means laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag in the worst degree, I'd wager.  Same with originalz for the 360 version.  Anyway, the netcode as-is just isn't good enough for tourneys.  Let's wait and see if they patch anything.
ど助平

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2009, 02:48:59 AM »
Finally got around to starting SC mode. If that's what to expect, it's back to Forza 3 for me until I get my Mad Catz stick in. SC is damn near unplayable with a 360 pad.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2009, 03:05:59 AM »
Definitely would not recommend using the stock 360 controller for this game.  Well, you could probably do okay with the analog stick, but that wouldn't fly in the SC mode.
ど助平