Author Topic: The Bore Tekken 6 Thread Of ONLINE FIXED AND FUCKING AWESOME Post-Patch!  (Read 21967 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

I'm still picking this up today, but I hope Namco addresses this problem ASAP.  People are now saying the lag is worse than Tekken 5 DR Online and Soul Calibur IV, to the point of being unplayable. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 10:51:35 PM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: The Bore Tekken 6 Thread Of AWESOME AMAZING STELLAR NETCODE
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 05:38:44 AM »
The achievements dont look that bad for this.
fat

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 05:44:31 AM »
if the netcode is worse than T5DR god help us all.  :'(

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 05:44:46 AM »
smh namco. I knew they'd blow it.  :-\

Still buying it though. They have to patch this.
BiSH

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 05:51:08 AM »
lol I doubt it. gonna get it, but I seriously doubt they update anything.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 05:54:57 AM »
Namco's not SNK...and even SNK at least released a patch for KOF XII.  They HAVE to do something.   :-\ 

:'(

Actually, I'm eager to test it out myself on both platforms.  After getting AT&T U-Verse a couple of weeks back, everything has been much, much better online.  I could even get good matches in KOF '98 Ultimate Match XBLA.   :o
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 05:59:10 AM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 05:59:24 AM »

Mostly offline?
ど助平

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 06:02:36 AM »
both versions?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 06:18:01 AM »
both versions?

Yup.  I usually double-dip on fighting games...the only mistake that's been was with KOF XII.  Actually with this one, I'll be getting it on three platforms, with the PSP version hitting at the end of November.   :lol  I am insane.

Normally I'd wait on one version and see if it gets patched first, but I want to test everything out for myself.

Is it confirmed as shitty on both platforms? last I heard it was the the PS3 version.

That video I posted is from the 360 version.   :-\

To be honest, I was really hyped for this, almost went bought it two days ago if it wasn't for being sold out at my local store. I mean from the lack of modes, underwhelming graphics and now to the crappy netcode, this went from day 1 to "I'll wait and see if they release a patch a some worthwhile free DLC like they promised".

I still think it's funny to use Free DLC and Namco in one sentence.

There's no lack of modes and the graphics aren't really "underwhelming."  It's the netcode that's the real issue here.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that an update will pop up tomorrow (on the official NA release date) or Thursday, when it comes out in Japan, but it's really doubtful that will happen. 

« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 06:20:51 AM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

Cravis

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 09:03:09 AM »
Hope they fix the netcode. I didn't spend nearly as much time as I would have liked with Tekken 5 DR because of the crappy netcode. Still picking this up today.

Bebpo

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 09:45:03 AM »
Eh, that video was not what I expected.  I thought there'd be some crazy glitching or really bad lag.

That looks like one of my better online matches in any of the 3d online fighting games.  In DoA4, Tekken5DR, SCIV about 25% of my matches are lagless, 25% look like that video and  50% are in complete slow motion to the point that video looks hyperspeed.  Blazblue was just as bad until the patch and then it became perfect, though it has crazy slowdown in the stage intro.  Didn't try KoFXII online and SFIV's been generally good.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 12:51:12 PM »
Japanese response to broken game:

"Ooooops! We'll fix it next year, so you buy it then okay?"

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 12:54:08 PM »
If Namco put Tekken Bowl in this, I would buy it today.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 01:07:39 PM »
Eh, that video was not what I expected.  I thought there'd be some crazy glitching or really bad lag.

That looks like one of my better online matches in any of the 3d online fighting games.  In DoA4, Tekken5DR, SCIV about 25% of my matches are lagless, 25% look like that video and  50% are in complete slow motion to the point that video looks hyperspeed.  Blazblue was just as bad until the patch and then it became perfect, though it has crazy slowdown in the stage intro.  Didn't try KoFXII online and SFIV's been generally good.

It is is really bad lag.   :lol  Really bad *input* lag...you press a button and the move comes out 4-5 seconds later.  People can't do moves and combos; it sounds very much like how KOF XII was *shudder*.  You're saying that looks like one of your better matches?  O_o

I was skeptical about all the lag talk myself, but there's just too many people saying the same thing.  Was in a PSN chat room last night, and two guys were trying to play each other, but just gave up.  They couldn't do anything. 

Anyway, I'm about to go pick it up.  Will post how it fares for me.  If it's Soul Calibir IV-level decent, I'll be satisfied.  There were people in the GAF thread saying Soul Calibur IV was unplayable online, which is complete bullshit, but that video I posted was from a guy that either runs Tekken Zaibatsu or VFDC, forget which one.

After looking at some videos I realized that even though the game lacks a proper dojo mode like the one in DR, the ranking system (kyos, dans, etc) is still intact. I did not know this before and therefor I'm less disappointed.

The dojo mode was a PSP DR-only thing.  You don't need that when you have online.  Well, you wouldn't if the online was good, lolol.  The ranking system is a standard thing these days.

If Namco put Tekken Bowl in this, I would buy it today.

I am hoping the PSP version has it. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 01:12:21 PM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 04:00:19 PM »
Played one match online on the 360 version (which has kinda shit image quality, it's a little blurry, and that's with motion blur off). 

It's funny; it seems like everything's gonna be smooth as hell, then it starts, and there's horrid input lag.  The game appears to run smoothly, but you can't do shit.  :/ 

I still beat the other guy and got the achievement though.   :lol

EDIT: Match 2 was a full green bar, less input lag, but still bad.  And choppy too.  I beat that guy too and got another 'cheev.  Least those seem easy to get.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 04:05:48 PM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 04:01:38 PM »

Mostly offline?

Yes they all seem to be for campaign, collecting coins and items, and you only have to PLAY matches instead of win (except the 2, but those are easy)
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 04:10:15 PM »
Match #3: Full bar, almost NO LAG.   :o  The other player was in VA, I'm in GA.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 04:36:34 PM »
Yup, I definitely think "all over the place" describes online play on 360.  More matches, more full green bars...some near-perfect, others laggy as hell.  Really makes no sense.  It's still better than Tekken 5 DR Online was though.  :P

I see hope for this game's online unlike KOF XII.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 04:51:22 PM »
WTF

To play this game it said I had to update my ps3 firmware to 3.01 (was on 3.00).  Goddamnit this feels like PSP all over again

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 04:56:58 PM »
The PS3 version definitely has sharper image quality.

Let's see how an online match fares...currently waiting in a room with two guys on mics non-stop chattering.  Both have green bars.  I like that the game tells you the score while you wait.
ど助平

Draft

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 05:03:45 PM »
Looks like normal floaty tekken. What's the problem?

Bebpo

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 05:07:13 PM »
Installing so I can lose to Lyte

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 05:22:58 PM »
Draft, the input lag can be ATROCIOUS, to the point that the game is completely unplayable online.  You can't do anything more than basic punches or kicks, and event those come out 5 seconds after you hit the button.

Installing so I can lose to Lyte

Nah, I suck.  Total noob.   :D

I just did a match with a guy with a yellow bar...no noticeable lag.  I'm either lucky, my connection's that awesome, or both.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2009, 05:32:43 PM »
Yeah, PS3's the superior version on this one.  Better image quality, slightly faster load times.  The online play has been about the same on both versions.
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2009, 05:39:11 PM »
Yeah, PS3's the superior version on this one.  Better image quality, slightly faster load times.  The online play has been about the same on both versions.

awesome. wanted the PS3 rev for the stick, glad it's not crippled/gimped or anything. will pick up today or tomorrow morn. :rock

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2009, 05:39:28 PM »
lol ps3 576p
duc

Akala

• Easy Victor

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2009, 05:47:09 PM »
"lcd stretched image smear" = "better image quality" for sonytards :cry

this is why we can't have nice graphics things
duc

Jansen

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 05:48:02 PM »
glad i canceled my preorder

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2009, 05:50:27 PM »
lol ps3 576p

And yet it looks better than the 360 version.   :-\
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 05:52:08 PM »
lyte, it is clear you have not a lick what makes good graphics. Let us handle it
fat

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2009, 05:52:21 PM »
only if you have an astigmatism!
duc

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2009, 05:56:54 PM »
I'm kinda shocked it looks better on PS3. 

It's that 360 blur that makes it look worse.  Aren't most of the reviews saying the same thing?
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2009, 06:16:04 PM »
Owned.
🍆🍆

Jansen

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2009, 06:19:39 PM »
for the majority of fixed pixel displays the increase in image res (even w/ the crazy software downscaling) + minor decrease in texture quality is better than going with 576p

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2009, 06:21:38 PM »
imma try the 360 version with motion blur on, then.  The blurry image quality sucks. 

EDIT: That did the trick!  Looks much, much better with the motion blur on.  I still think the PS3 version, sans motion blur, looks sharper.  And the load times are definitely better on PS3 too.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 06:24:46 PM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2009, 06:25:32 PM »
:gloomy rsx budget gpu :gloomy
duc

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2009, 06:26:16 PM »
I'm just pissed because they mishandled the motion blur effect, which gives a nice touch, but turns the visuals into a jagfest. Namco should let Project Soul handle the next Tekken.

Let the Soul Calibur team handle the visuals.
Get some Western developer that knows what the fuck they're doing to handle the online.   :P

But really, I keep getting pretty good connections.
ど助平

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2009, 06:47:08 PM »
Yeah, unlike SCIV, all you need to do is win one ranked online match and one unranked match, and play 30 online games. Most everything else is related to doing stuff in scenario campaign mode.

I think I can get the online ones over a weekend or so.

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2009, 06:50:19 PM »
I'm kinda shocked it looks better on PS3. 

It's that 360 blur that makes it look worse.  Aren't most of the reviews saying the same thing?

I posted this excerpt from a Digital Foundry's article in the "What Are You Playing" thread:

Quote from: Digital Foundry
while there is the option to switch between 1024x576 and 1365x768 modes on Xbox 360 (via tweaking the motion blur setting between on and off), the PS3 version is locked exclusively to the lower resolution. The good news is that even so, the PS3 version still manages to command a slightly higher image quality overall if you can do without the motion blur.

Removing the motion blur filter frees up a lot of resources, and Namco has chosen to deploy these in two different ways on each console. Xbox 360 gets an enormous resolution boost to 1365x768, while the PS3 gets 2x multi-sampling anti-aliasing. In terms of overall image quality across the two modes and two consoles, the PS3 gets the nod in "blur off" mode thanks to decent enough upscaling based on an anti-aliased image, while in default mode with the motion blur active, the 360's enhanced texture filtering gives clear image quality advantages.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tekken6-resolution-game-blog-post

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2009, 06:53:14 PM »
It doesn't look like that on either my 1080P monitor or 720P HDTV for either version.   :lol
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2009, 07:01:51 PM »
Lyte caught shillin'
🍆🍆

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2009, 07:19:20 PM »
wow, so we're counting pixels now.  first the shitty npd thread, now this.  good jon guyz

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2009, 07:21:20 PM »
well, if the xfe would post more and start smacking down sfag propaganda, we peasants wouldn't hafta make such a mess of it!
duc

Jansen

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2009, 07:31:41 PM »
http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=15929

Tie. The graphics on both versions look almost identical to one another resulting in a deadlock. Texture quality, lighting, motion blur and particles were ported over between consoles flawlessly.

Tie. Again both versions performed identically maintaining a constant frame rate and absolutely no screen tearing to report, also the PlayStation 3 upscales to 1080i/p resolution.

Xbox 360 won this category by sporting drastically faster load times than the PlayStation 3 version. This time around the PlayStation 3 version didn’t require a mandatory install, but Namco should have made it that way. Only after installing on the PlayStation 3 did the load times match the Xbox 360 version.

Out-of-the-box, the Xbox 360 version is our flavor of choice. If you do decide to install it on the Playstation 3, the load times will be decreased but be warned the online matches may take a hit depending on who you are paired with.

:gloomyRSX :gloomy

Bebpo

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2009, 07:42:37 PM »
Yeah it's pretty lol that neither version looks like the arcade game despite the arcade game running on a modified PS3 board!

Anyhow I played a bit of this with a friend.  Game is excellent.  Best Tekken yet from first impressions.  I can see how with Tekken 6 the game's popularity in Japan skyrocketed.  I really, really like all the new characters.  The character models also look a lot better than last-gen Tekken thanks to extra polys.  The red bar thing is interesting.  I feel it's a bit undeserved to give people an advantage because they are getting beat down cause they suck, but it makes things more intense towards the end.

On PS3 installed, load times are fine, controls are good, graphics are shit IQ (haven't tried with motion blur off yet).  Seems like a great game outside horrible IQ.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
Fuck, Bebpo, turn that motion blur shit off!   :lol

Tie. The graphics on both versions look almost identical to one another resulting in a deadlock. Texture quality, lighting, motion blur and particles were ported over between consoles flawlessly.

Graphics?  Sure.  Image quality is a whole 'nother story.

Tie. Again both versions performed identically maintaining a constant frame rate and absolutely no screen tearing to report, also the PlayStation 3 upscales to 1080i/p resolution.

Xbox 360 won this category by sporting drastically faster load times than the PlayStation 3 version. This time around the PlayStation 3 version didn’t require a mandatory install, but Namco should have made it that way. Only after installing on the PlayStation 3 did the load times match the Xbox 360 version.

I have both the Xbox 360 version and PS3 versions installed.  PS3 loads about a second faster.  The drawback here is that when you're online and get matched up against some dumbfuck who didn't install, you have to wait longer.  It's the same thing with SF4.

Out-of-the-box, the Xbox 360 version is our flavor of choice. If you do decide to install it on the Playstation 3, the load times will be decreased but be warned the online matches may take a hit depending on who you are paired with.

That last sentence applies to both versions. 

I think if the PSP version has Tekken Bowl, it will be the best one, hands-down.   :P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:48:31 PM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2009, 07:47:47 PM »
well, if the xfe would post more and start smacking down sfag propaganda, we peasants wouldn't hafta make such a mess of it!

He's too busy rubbing himself with the PSP Go! :-\

perhaps a coup is in order. if you grew a goatee, you could be the xfag grand vizier!
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2009, 07:49:05 PM »
10 second load times?? W T F

jesus i hate this generation
duc

Bebpo

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2009, 07:50:06 PM »

No way.  Installed on PS3 it's about 3-4 seconds and I'm sure it's 3-4 or less installed on X360 as well.

I don't play any fighting game with over 8 seconds of loadtimes before matches.

Yeah, maybe it's 10 second load times if you don't install.

I counted 5 seconds on 360 and 4 seconds on PS3.

Speaking of waiting, another annoying thing about online is that there's a 20 second countdown timer before a match starts.  This can be bypassed by simply hitting the circle button and selecting ready, but dumbfucks don't do this and sit there waiting instead.   :duh
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:55:55 PM by the lyte edge™ »

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2009, 07:54:26 PM »
Just picked this up. First Tekken I'm gonna attempt to get serious™ with! So many characters to choose from... gonna take forever to find a main.
BiSH

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2009, 07:56:30 PM »
Just picked this up. First Tekken I'm gonna attempt to get serious™ with! So many characters to choose from... gonna take forever to find a main.

I am leaning towards Alisa now.  The character is hilarious.  But I gotta get good with Bob too!
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2009, 07:57:04 PM »

No way.  Installed on PS3 it's about 3-4 seconds and I'm sure it's 3-4 or less installed on X360 as well.

I don't play any fighting game with over 8 seconds of loadtimes before matches.

Yeah, maybe it's 10 second load times if you don't install.

I counted 5 seconds on 360 and 4 seconds on PS3.

Speaking of waiting, another annoying thing about online is that there's a 20 second countdown timer before a match starts.  This can be bypassed by simply hitting the circle button and selecting ready, but dumbfucks don't do this and sit there waiting instead.   :duh

This was creepy.  Don't talk out of my mouth!!

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2009, 07:57:41 PM »

Blame the PS3.  Loading times were downgraded because Cell can't handle fast loading.  Same reason why full effects mode runs in sub-HD for both versions.  

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2009, 08:00:47 PM »
blu-ray is slow as shit for access times

duc

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2009, 08:48:13 PM »
:bow PS One era loading times :bow2

Seriously, time to shite binne this generation.
🍆🍆

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2009, 08:57:33 PM »
What's the problem with load times? I just played arcade mode (360; installed) and they were like 3 seconds. Way quicker than VF5, and about on par with SF4...

Online might be a different story though.
BiSH

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2009, 08:58:20 PM »
Bigger question is - people were anticipating this game?
fat

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2009, 09:07:19 PM »
Installing now. PS3 gaming reminds me of PC gaming sometimes. If you are going to require us to use stupid (hopefully not risky) 3.01 put it on the fucking disc, guys. Looking forward to installing what, 8gigs for Forza 3? This gen sux.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2009, 09:08:38 PM »
You did not compare optionally installing Forza 3 (less than 6GB, by the by) to the PS3
fat