Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780464 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Dre has such a smooth ass flow though, and great ghostwriters

But I guess I'm east coast biased.

Illmatic, Liquid Swords, Resurrection>*

drew

• sy
that right, you better run

Illmatic, Liquid Swords FTW

Tupac? Ehh. I was big on him when I was like 12, but the more I listened to him the more I realized his great tracks were kind of like occasional diamonds in a sea of shit. Especially after he signed to Death Row.

Phoenix Dark

fuck you, find me a rapper with more classic songs that tupac  :'(

I don't listen to him much since growing up, whereas I can pop in Illmatic or classic Wu shit anytime.

I bust my Tupac cherry when I was a kid, then graduated to more obscure shit. :tophat

But yeah, good Nas, Wu etc. blows Tupac out of the water. Maybe I just have a fetish for east coast rap, but so much of Tupac's discography is empty philosophisizing and lame party records that the occasional great record (like "Brenda's Got a Baby" or a bunch of shit off "All Eyez On Me") just kind of seem like a relief more than omfgsogood. Idk, maybe I just outgrew him.

Also I think Biggie was overrated, mostly because dude recorded like 2.5 albums before he died, one of which is 90% filler and one which is a classic. He had a great presence, but good lord basically everything after Ready to Die was garbage.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
Oh wait, Boogie is an Icon. Now I get it.

He just wants to troll people because he can get away with it ::)

down with the icons

quote this if you agree
Tonya

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Chronic is overrated. Wanna fight?
[close]

the chronic killed hip-hop

full stop.
Tonya

Eh? The Chronic came out in 92 or 93, iirc. A year or two later 36 Chambers, Illmatic and Ready to Die dropped and completely legitimized the genre forever :bow

Phoenix Dark

Honestly, Life After Death would almost be better than Ready to Die if it was cut to 10-13 tracks. Instead it's a bunch of bullshit. I remember reading he mainly did it because he planned on his third album being straight hood - no promotion, no single, no nothing.

Nas  :'(

Talented as fuck, but what a fuck up. He's surrounded himself with bad producers for the last decade. I'm pretty excited about his album with Damien Marley though
[youtube=560,345]bgmbaQv3fCw[/youtube]
(can't find a good quality version on youtube, this one is kinda slowed down)

Nas is so good he can transcend even the worse production ever (like all of his last 3 albums :-\ )

Fuck it, an album of accapella Nas would still > basically everyone else in the game.

Phoenix Dark

real talk: I haven't even bothered to listen to all of Untitled

Himu

Honestly, Life After Death would almost be better than Ready to Die if it was cut to 10-13 tracks. Instead it's a bunch of bullshit. I remember reading he mainly did it because he planned on his third album being straight hood - no promotion, no single, no nothing.

Nas  :'(

Talented as fuck, but what a fuck up. He's surrounded himself with bad producers for the last decade. I'm pretty excited about his album with Damien Marley though
[youtube=560,345]bgmbaQv3fCw[/youtube]
(can't find a good quality version on youtube, this one is kinda slowed down)

Isn't Damian Marley Bob Marley's kid? I remember his debut album being meh.
IYKYK

real talk: I haven't even bothered to listen to all of Untitled

Real talk: I downloaded it when it dropped and deleted it like a week later. I never do that. :lol

I liked it the first time through, but after listening to it again I realized there was maybe like three good tracks on it, tops. Same with Hip-Hop Is Dead, which I've never even bothered to pirate.

M3wThr33

He had like 20 kids with 40 different women.

Phoenix Dark

I think I championed HHID just because it was better than Kingdom Come, and the fanboy wars were pretty violent back then on the SOHH/okplayer forums lol. Reviewed honestly it's pretty average to bad, and the production is just bad. It's ridiculous that one of the greatest rappers of all time would rather get beats from Chris Webber than DJ Premier.

Both of those albums sucked, but I might give Jay-Z the edge because at least he was changing his game up. I'm sad he went back to churning out filler bullshit party records about being rich and owning the Nets over half-assed Kanye beats again. Blueprint 3 was a waste of disc space.

Himu

He had like 20 kids with 40 different women.

This album

meh
IYKYK

Beezy

Yeah, the single was great though.

Beezy

[youtube=560,345]Y9JAtl3Jm3k[/youtube]

"wap" :lol

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
:lol wap

Obama has a weird jump shot. Good thing Clark let him win.

itm

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Obama sucks, impeach that shitty jump shot
PSP

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
They put a presidential seal on all the white house basketballs?  :lol

Beezy

WAP :smug

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
Obama sucks, impeach that shitty jump shot

Maybe he can replace Livan Hernandez in the Nationals rotation?

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
CBG

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
"Ey where da white women at?"
 :lol :lol :lol

:rofl

what mic was picking that up?
___

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
When it comes to sports that is one area I don't think anyone can accuse Obama of not being cool about. I remember in the campaign ESPN asked Obama and McCain what problems facing the sports world would they address and try to fix as President and McCain gave this cookie cutter answer about steroids and Obama's answer was to demand for college football to have a playoff system  :lol
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:12:57 PM by Cheebs »

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Why would you quit your job if you were innocent? :lol
PSP

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
More like, how did he get the girl to deny it?  :pimp

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I was accused of something similar (although the female was not underaged) by a keyholder that I let go, and I just stood my ground and my DM ended up having my back in the situation. Quitting only makes you look guilty.
PSP

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
"Ey where da white women at?"

:rofl

what mic was picking that up?

O-baa-muh
O-baa-muh
First black Pres-i-DENT!

Obama: Where da white women at?!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Marketer: What do you think?

Executive #1: It's a comedy, right?

Marketer: Situational comedy, yes.

Executive #2: Yes, but why are we supposed to laugh?

Marketer: Well, see, he's black and he's the President.

Executives #1 and #2: Oooooh.

Executive #1: It's clever, I like it.

Executive #2: Oh, definitely. Now, what about his parents?

Marketer: Single-mother, Aunt Jemima-type. Very large woman, very loud, but with a heart of gold and lots of home-spun wisdom. Great cook too.

Executive #1: I love it!

Executive #2: You're on to something here, I'm sure of it. Now what about his wife?

Marketer: Pamela Anderson.

Executives #1 and #2: Greenlight!

Marketer: *My God, I am a genius.*
[close]
dog

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Drunk

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
In this thread, Arvie reminisces about the "good old days" when he was able to have consensual sex with 14-year-olds.
PSP

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
It's better than admitting to be a girl and wanting to be Whiteman's sex butler!

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
you pigs disgust me. If she's underage she's in no way attractive unless you're a pederast. That's why we have those countdown sites for when celebs hit 18, so we can look at them, AFTER THEY TURN 18, and finally be able to form an opinion on whether they are attractive or not.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
To be fair, Arvie has more in common with a 14-year-old girl than he does with someone his own age. For instance, they both still read out of the juvenile fiction section.
PSP

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
To be fair, Arvie has more in common with a 14-year-old girl than he does with someone his own age. For instance, they both still read out of the juvenile fiction section.

Where did you get this from?

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
This has to hurt!
[youtube=560,345]fjYunfDDYbc[/youtube]
©ZH

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
According to youtube, it was uploaded by that dude last year. *shrugs*

New to me.
©ZH

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
wtf is 9/11 ???
PSP

drew

• sy
that has been circulating not only the internet since forever but its extremely old even by wild and wacky internet blooper tv shows

in before someone thinks i think im cool for pointing this out and then thinks theyre cool by pointing out that i think im cool by pointing it out :spin

Old school videos :bow

OptimoPeach

hi5

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
yeah, i remember that being a video before internet videos were even a thang

the soundtrack ruins it too, the funniest part was the arab guy crawling around afterward saying "where's the bomb, where's the bomb"
___

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20632007&postcount=43

since y'all hate Whitta

Awesome. :lol

And

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

The Bore will appreciate the thing tacked on at the end.
AMC

Phoenix Dark

Both of those albums sucked, but I might give Jay-Z the edge because at least he was changing his game up. I'm sad he went back to churning out filler bullshit party records about being rich and owning the Nets over half-assed Kanye beats again. Blueprint 3 was a waste of disc space.

Pretty much. The fanboy battles were pretty epic epic on SOHH/okplayer lol.

BP3 lol. I don't see how anyone can honestly argue it's a good album; even the biggest Jay stans on SOHH were reduced to talking about how much it sold.

The production is pretty bad throughout the album. Soo obvious Kanye and Timbaland weren't particularly enthused about that shit, and kept their best beats for their own albums lol

Powerslave

that has been circulating not only the internet since forever but its extremely old even by wild and wacky internet blooper tv shows

in before someone thinks i think im cool for pointing this out and then thinks theyre cool by pointing out that i think im cool by pointing it out :spin

heh nice post

I would like to point at that drew is NOT cool, and at no point did I get a boner reading that post. :pimp

Powerslave

I would like to point at that drew is NOT cool, and at no point did I get a boner reading that post. :pimp

heh nice post

drew

• sy

CrystalGemini

Holy fuck.
[youtube=560,345]-3-p_4z6FiM[/youtube]
O_O

BP3 lol. I don't see how anyone can honestly argue it's a good album; even the biggest Jay stans on SOHH were reduced to talking about how much it sold.

The production is pretty bad throughout the album. Soo obvious Kanye and Timbaland weren't particularly enthused about that shit, and kept their best beats for their own albums lol

It literally sounds like Jay went rifling through his trash for rhymes, and Kanye/Timbaland/etc. scooping up old discarded beats from their computer's Recycle Bin or something. Just lazy all around.

Jay really should have stayed retired. Was Def Jam that much of a bust with him as President? Unless he fucked up royally I don't see why he quit and went back to rapping if he's not even gonna try. :'(

At least with Nas you can still tell the dude is passionate about his work, even if he has a tin ear for beats. Nas really hasn't ever stopped being a good rapper, his production just hasn't been much to write home about since God's Son. Whereas Jay constantly gets the best dudes in the game for his shit and it ends up sounding like everyone was half asleep when they recorded it.

Phoenix Dark

Maybe the child support shit/irs woes will put a fire under his ass. I saw an interview where Q-Tip said he's working on Nas' next album, so that's good news :bow

I want to hear Nas totally change his shit up. I want to hear him on some Doom beats. :'(

Phoenix Dark

can't wait to hear his stuff with Jay Electronica :bow