Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1763362 times)

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Agreed.

I actually like the sunset meme because it's kept fresh.

Is this the airplaine pic? I don't even get it. Explain it to me.
itm

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Agreed.

I actually like the sunset meme because it's kept fresh.

Is this the airplaine pic? I don't even get it. Explain it to me.

It means you're getting in an airplane immediately to travel to the place in question (generally places that allow underaged sex with lolis if it's posted at GAF).
©@©™

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
That's what I assumed but by himuro saying "its kept fresh" made me think there must be something wittier. Obviously I was wrong.
itm

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Gaf keep posting pictures taken against a sunset of things that have to do with the story, for example in a thread about someone paying the bill for all the customers a incredibly clever gaffer post a pic of a shopping card with a beautiful sunset in the background.
Drunk

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

:lol :lol :lol

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
(Image removed from quote.)

:lol :lol :lol

It's kind of a variation on the Le Man's start, except you have to scrape yourself up off the pavement and then get on your bike.
©@©™

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
haha, did you get that from Ebert's twitter, Stoney? I'm listening right now in surround sound while i work, it's awesome.
vjj

Stoney Mason

haha, did you get that from Ebert's twitter, Stoney? I'm listening right now in surround sound while i work, it's awesome.

metafilter

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
the dude posted a direct dl link.

Grabbing this for future ipod headphone listening, hoorah

http://www.mediafire.com/?51fhcm5lejdwfhh
vjj

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
GAF has been nothing that a PS3 viral advertisement hub for a while. Wasn't there a rumor that Zipatoni paid for their server, which why the PS3 game official threads started to look like ads?
CBG

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
It doesn't matter; thread backfired, OP is on the verge of having a meltdown.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 09:02:27 AM by Shah Rukh Khan »
Unzip

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25461224&postcount=59

Or you should start a thread complaining about the PS3. Although I'm pretty sure that is against Killzone avatar club rules.

:rofl
CBG

magus

• LIKES FF7
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418954

i approve of this new "ban everybody who doesn't like FFXIII" politic :smug

spoiler (click to show/hide)
probably they got banned in another thread but :teehee
[close]
<----

Chinner

i think they're pretty fair bans*, the posts were shit and something youd expect of gamefaqs. the real question is whether or not this style of moderation will be consistent throughout GAF.

*well, i get the impression they're permabans, so i agree with the ban but not with the perma.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:47:52 AM by Chinner »

Stoney Mason

i think they're pretty fair bans*, the posts were shit and something youd expect of gamefaqs. the real question is whether or not this style of moderation will be consistent throughout GAF.

*well, i get the impression they're permabans, so i agree with the ban but not with the perma.

Disagree. Not sure where this notion that game talk is serious business and has to be 100% of the time. Not to mention the inconsistency problem of what constitutes serious business talk since mods and some others constantly violate it. It's always weird when they decide to arbitrarily ban trolling since its allowed 50% of time in other threads.

magus

• LIKES FF7
<----

Yoritomo

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Chinner

Disagree. Not sure where this notion that game talk is serious business and has to be 100% of the time. Not to mention the inconsistency problem of what constitutes serious business talk since mods and some others constantly violate it. It's always weird when they decide to arbitrarily ban trolling since its allowed 50% of time in other threads.

I agree with, inconsistency is a problem, and it doesn't that we have a few troll mods. Otherwise I'm just talking from the perspective of turning GAF into some kind of news/super serious videogame board. If it was up to me I'd copy SA's mod style and make a spam board so all the chill people can post there and laugh at the rest of the forum.

Himu

Ahahahaha FF13 in top 5 games ever? holy shit
IYKYK

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
NO matter how shit something is, there is always going to be someone who thinks it's the best thing ever.

I know someone who thinks that KISS is the best band ever. WTF!
©ZH

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
NO matter how shit something is, there is always going to be someone who thinks it's the best thing ever.

I know someone who thinks that FF8 is the best FF ever. WTF!
Unzip

magus

• LIKES FF7
Ahahahaha FF13 in top 5 games ever? holy shit

BAN THIS FILTH I SAY!

:rofl

spoiler (click to show/hide)
oh no i posted an emoticon only reply... farewell bore! :(
[close]
<----

Himu

FF8 has numbers and shit.
IYKYK

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist

FF8 has numbers and shit.

FF8 had this too...

Unzip

Himu

Don't remember that.

At least FF8 is something that people can label as being a game. I don't think they can say the same for FF13.
IYKYK

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Don't remember that.

You're not himu, GTFO.
Unzip

Mupepe

• Icon
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25466556&postcount=41

The prospects of such revolutionary fervor spreading is tantalizing. Nevertheless, we must be realistic. These governments are incredibly resilient. Their ability to deflect, assuage, or, if necessary, defend their regime with violence should not be discounted. Furthermore, they will be especially acute and deft after the developments in Tunisia. I would be excited if such fervor spread and precipitated change; however, I do not foresee it. Yet I hope I am proven erroneous.
The last sentence in this post makes me think of this dude as a fortune teller.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
(Image removed from quote.)

What's a "dwm"? Even Urban Dictionary didn't know (at least in this context). I'm guessing "wm" could mean "white male", but what's the d stand for? Drunk? Dumb?
©@©™

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
dirty white man?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
LOL

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418883

What the hell?

So me and crushdance went to the same uni, same major, I'll be 22 in a month, and have pretty much never done anything with a girl.  My life is as pathetic as has.  He's like my identical life twin, only black.  Does this mean I get to call him bratha?  I don't know the hood rules on this one.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
LOL

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418883

What the hell?

So me and crushdance went to the same uni, same major, I'll be 22 in a month, and have pretty much never done anything with a girl.  My life is as pathetic as has.  He's like my identical life twin, only black.  Does this mean I get to call him bratha?  I don't know the hood rules on this one.

I think it's at least grounds for giving daps.
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
So I just got to the part where he says he's back at school and that GAF "saved his life last night".  I don't recall seeing him around the compsci lab though, though his pics are only of the side of his face, so maybe he switched school or majors.

Yoritomo

What's a "dwm"? Even Urban Dictionary didn't know (at least in this context). I'm guessing "wm" could mean "white male", but what's the d stand for? Drunk? Dumb?

Dominant?  He wants to do some pizza S&M after all.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
I think "DWM" means "Divorced White Male." It's kinda popular in gay personal ads.
Unzip

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Go away humuru.
Drunk

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Yeah, either pick better thread titles or I'm gonna continue ignoring them.
Unzip

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
wait, himu doesn't want to bitch about gaf?  How long will that last.

Himu

I made two threads. I will be posting in both!
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog