Author Topic: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads  (Read 848510 times)

Tasty

Re: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads
« Reply #4560 on: November 25, 2017, 10:44:40 PM »
What's with the twins obsession in Supes and Bats EO? :lol

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4561 on: November 25, 2017, 10:55:00 PM »
It has to be just coincidence because the H. Dent Twins are introduced in Batman Volume One in just one panel, and the Luthor Twins get like two panels in Superman Volume Two as setup for Volume Three.

But according to wikipedia Batman was July 2012 and Supes was November 2012 so maybe JMS had time to swipe the idea and use it (Volume Three was Feb 2015) before Johns (Volume Two with the Dents as main characters was May 2015) even if his way was completely stupid as it was the only way he'd written the setup as potentially ending unless he was going to completely throw out the Luthor character as a villain.

benjipwns

« Reply #4562 on: November 25, 2017, 11:43:42 PM »
Really though...

All you need from the Watchmen side is the original graphic novel.

From the DC side, you need the following facts:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
- The New 52 in 2011, launched in-canon by the Flashpoint storyline, rebooted the DC universe approximately 10 years earlier than it was set at the time. Things were shifted around in a reboot-y way, like both of Superman's human parents being killed at the same time by a car accident, but it was essentially the same DC. It did wipe out the Caucasian Kid Flash and Flash from the 90s-2000s (Wally West) and replace him with a black counterpart.
- The Superman from before the New 52 somehow survived with that reality's Lois Lane and his newborn son, Jonathan "Jon" Kent.
- Convergence led to that Superman, Lois, and Jon entering the New 52 version of the DCU right around the time the New 52 Superman died. They existed separately and in-secret during this time.
- The Superman Reborn storyline combined the pre-New 52 and post-New 52 Supermen and Lois Lanes into singular beings. Despite the new Superman taking most of his character and history from the pre-New 52 version, his parents' deaths remained the post-New 52 version (car accident at the same time.)
- Batman found The Comedian's button (from Watchmen) in the Batcave. He teamed up with The Flash in their crossover ("The Button") and discovered someone stole 10 years from the DC universe (AKA the New 52.)
- All things point to that "someone" being Doctor Manhattan.
[close]

Benji spank me if I got any details wrong.
The one thing you got wrong is that New 52 started "five years earlier" than its launch date (aside from the flashback stuff like Morrison's Action Comics and the first arc of Justice League) it became ten by the time we get to Rebirth because it'd been another five years.

Really, had New 52 not erased the Superman they then brought back and altered The Flash. (And erased the JSA grumble grumble.) They wouldn't have had to unwind the New 52. Basically every other book that hadn't gone too far off the rails went on like nothing had changed.

Wonder Woman doesn't count because her book was already in a mess, that New 52 fixed before the second writing team came in (this happened to other books...like Superman ones and Batgirl) and did stuff that everyone wanted to roll back with Rebirth. Rucka really wrote more around the Azzarello's revisions and tweak them than he did directly contradict them and revert Diana back. Even if he did totally write an equivalent to Community's whole "oh, that happened during the gas leak" explanation.

Batman's canon armor has allowed him to chug on during the whole period unchanged, even though he's the one who causes the most problems regarding the compressed time line with all the Robins, etc.

The lines about someone having "stole" ten years from them shouldn't make sense to the characters really. It could make sense to Doctor Manhattan (though he perceives time differently) and also us by what Johns probably means (the New 52), but the characters had to have had more "stolen" to leave the New 52 state at the five year point, all the events from Crisis to Flashpoint didn't take place over just five years. And we know they can't "restore" the "missing" ten years.

Though I just realized Johns might mean something like today is 20 years from Crisis. The ten years Manhattan stole were the ten before Flashpoint. Leaving the five years we didn't really see during New 52, and New 52's five years. So on a sliding time scale, Crisis was now say 1996 rather than 1986, and Manhattan pulled out 1997-2007, then slid Crisis down to 2006.

I'm using Crisis here to refer to the "time period/reboot" not the actual event in the series and its actual details like Supergirl dying, much like DC has done ever since it, Crisis was some kind of universal mega event shortly after heroes started to appear and they proliferated rapidly after. New 52 kinda used Darkseid's invasion in Justice League as its Crisis point. Batman, Superman, etc. were established as existing before it, but 99% of heroes/villains were not active, and those that did were just getting started. (The DCEU backfilled in this explanation for the lack of heroes/villains outside of Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman in Suicide Squad, when Waller notes that Superman's public appearance was somehow tied to the rise of metahumans as a thing they have to live with now. It being tied to an unspecified major galactic or universal event known as a Crisis makes a bit more sense, especially since you can say it activated their powers or what have you. Rather than being inspired by seeing a dude fly around into half of the buildings of downtown Metropolis.)

benjipwns

« Reply #4563 on: November 25, 2017, 11:54:11 PM »
Actually, now that I think about it, doing it that way potentially allows you to make it so Watchmen exists in the same universe as DC. Back in the "new" 1986, then the events we're seeing in Doomsday Clock set after Watchmen, then nearly 15+ years before "DC" starts up again and Manhattan had to remove the conflicting years for some cosmic reason. But I really hope that's not what Johns is planning.

I don't think he's planning Manhattan as a villain either, just someone operating at a scale and perception we can't understand and maybe even Superman can't unless he's Superman Ten Million or whatever. Which is why Veidt and the others in Watchmen (including himself) all considered him too dangerous for humanity, much like I imagine at least Batman will.

Tasty

« Reply #4564 on: November 26, 2017, 12:01:42 AM »
Batman's canon armor has allowed him to chug on during the whole period unchanged, even though he's the one who causes the most problems regarding the compressed time line with all the Robins, etc.

Yeah this was really the only downside for New 52 as far as Batman went. Tim got the worst of it, too. >:( Thankfully Rebirth is seemingly the "all your old faves are back!!" play with Tim and white Wally West ("Triple W") back in full-force. Plus the post-Crisis Supes basically subsuming the N52 one which I always hated.

"Tim back" meaning: shedding that dumb as fuck costume, abandoning (both) Teen Titans incarnations cause they were trash fires, dating Steph (though really, that was one thing that DID get pretty resolved before the N52 started, AND in one of the throwaway Convergence books), and just feeling more like himself than he ever was during the N52 era. I fully believe the writers on Tec that they're huge Tim Drake fans, it shows. Which makes me think it was a DC editorial decision to "kill" him before Doomsday Clock, since they're bringing him back in the arc I'm reading (Lonely Place of Living.)

Now, if only he could get his real Red Robin costume... you know, the one that's basically fully red and doesn't look like his OG Robin costume.

Tasty

« Reply #4565 on: November 26, 2017, 12:10:14 AM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4566 on: November 26, 2017, 12:45:06 AM »
I don't think she's supposed to represent anyone we know, just one of the earliest of the Owls or one that effectively operates outside time/space to communicate with the trapped Bruce. Snyder's original "nursery rhyme"/scary limerick was about how the Owls are always watching and every other part of that rhyme has been used throughout his run.

She could potentially be Keira...Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman as they're immortal...but I think she's just an Exposition Owl for lack of character name. Who was watching the start of the "war" and so could tell Bruce about this. I assume that the skeleton around her neck is a bat. I mention that because Vandal Savage in Return of Bruce Wayne has a noticeable necklace of bird skulls before he takes it off for sexy time with some ladies. And Exposition Owl is showing him what I think is the aftermath of that book's ending. (Defeat of Savage who gets kicked out of his clan, founding of Bat tribe and founding of Bird tribe. The staff with the giant Bat pelt she stabs into the ground was one Savage had claimed off of the Hyper-Adapter/Barbatos and Bruce used to cloak himself for the fight.)

If she means anything it'll probably be most likely explained in Hawkman Found. Part of the delays and scope expansion of this was that Johns signed off on letting Snyder bring those two back into the DC Universe finally free of their nonsense canon. One thing, since you mentioned reading the side stories (of which I kinda liked Gotham Resistance more than I assumed even if the explanation for the Nightwing stuff was months ago in his own book), is that for all of these and Lost we don't have just Snyder. But Tynion and Williamson are contributing. And I'm not as familiar with all their other stuff as Snyder so I can't tell you if she or some of these others have come from that stuff.

I still think she's just Exposition Owl.
Makes sense, she just seemed to stand out as more for me for whatever reason, and yes I read all the tie ins, Nightwing stuff included, I was mostly finishing of Gotham city Resistance and then Lost since I was up to date with everything else. Had to go reread White Knight #2 as well, because :lawd

Tasty

« Reply #4567 on: November 26, 2017, 08:38:58 PM »

DC teasing TimxKon. :o

They really do love Timmy. <3

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4568 on: November 26, 2017, 10:21:23 PM »
Is it weird that Red Hood Jason Todd and Nightwing Dick are the only people I liked post Robin and the only Robin I actually liked as Robin is Damien (because he pairs with Dick so well)?

Tasty

« Reply #4569 on: November 26, 2017, 10:48:29 PM »
No. It just means you're a sheep and DC has ignored Tim's potential outside of his awesome Red Robin series and now Tec Rebirth. :P

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4570 on: November 26, 2017, 11:09:51 PM »
Rather a sheep than a Robin lover :-*

I generally feel the Robins do better when not in the bat books, when they do teen titans or solo it goes so much better than their role as emotional anchor for the bat. I like Damian cause he offers none of that and doesnt put up with any shit from Batman.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4571 on: November 26, 2017, 11:25:42 PM »

12/20

[close]

12/13

[close]

12/06

[close]

The waiting :goldberg

benjipwns

« Reply #4572 on: November 27, 2017, 12:07:11 AM »
Tim had the longest (argubaly only) Robin self series though, he had 200 issues worth of some test ground mini-series and then a regular series until R.I.P. (Plus he was in Young Justice and then the Titans for that whole period.)

I don't remember how long Damian's recent series was, couldn't have been for long as I think it started as New 52 was wrapping up. There's also We Are Robin :teehee

Dick's been Nightwing and Batman probably in more issues than he's been Robin post-Crisis. Heck, he even stopped being in the Batman books in the 1960s so he was only as Robin in Teen Titans. At this point he's probably been Nightwing in more issues than he was Robin.

More amusingly, Jason's been The Red Hood in more issues of anything than he was Robin. He was only Robin for a little 100 over issues or something including pre-Crisis. (He debuted like a year before it.) Jason's actually been in more issues as The Red Hood New 52 forward than he ever was as Robin.

In terms of publication time, even Damian is starting to get up there, we're at eight years with him as Robin officially. (Which was Dick's decision, not Bruce's.) Although to be fair, he was dead for a year or so, but so was Bruce.

Dick: 1940-1984 (but stopped appearing in any Batman books in 1969...so there was a small period where he was still the Robin in Titans, while Jason was Robin in Batman books)
Jason: 1983-1988
Tim: 1989-2009
Damian: 2009-

Tasty

« Reply #4573 on: November 27, 2017, 12:53:28 AM »
Yeah Jason's run was super short, lol.

Tim is the definitive Robin. Chuck Dixon was gawd.

Damian is fun, but I wonder where they can take him. The answer is Super Sons and Teen Titans, which do seem fresh thankfully. And Robin: Son of Batman was pretty fun if superfluous.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4574 on: November 27, 2017, 12:59:05 AM »
Damian is fun, but I wonder where they can take him.
This is another reason why I like Damian, his future isnt exactly obvious. His eventual stand alone will be either horrible or terrific.

benjipwns

« Reply #4575 on: November 27, 2017, 01:19:49 AM »
This is another reason why I like Damian, his future isnt exactly obvious.
Shots fired at Batman #666, #700, Superman/Batman #75, etc.

Tasty

« Reply #4576 on: November 27, 2017, 01:50:06 AM »
Everything up to and including the current Tec arc basically point to Damian burning down Gotham when he becomes Batman. :lol

Apparently Timmy even kills the guy. :shh

Or, as future-Batman-Tim said, "Damian should be killed on site for what he did to that poor Kryptonian boy."

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4577 on: November 27, 2017, 01:54:53 AM »
But it's not obvious, there's hinting but this is obviously not what he will become, cant see him becoming straight laced either so I'm curious how and where he ends up and whom he keeps company with as an adult.

Tasty

« Reply #4578 on: November 28, 2017, 02:24:17 AM »

Canon TimCon <3

This is a callback to Damian vs. Tim in the Red Robin: The List storyline. :o

Aww yeaaah dasss the gud stuffff

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4580 on: November 28, 2017, 09:51:10 PM »
I shall henceforth be known as Paprika Van Damme

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4581 on: November 29, 2017, 10:15:32 PM »
Wait people are actually offended or is this the usual bleedingcool stupidity?  :neogaf

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4582 on: November 29, 2017, 11:50:50 PM »
Wait people are actually offended or is this the usual bleedingcool stupidity?  :neogaf

There's more to it than just the guy using a fake name.  Fake biographies and other industry people lying about him, claiming he was the real deal.  :lol
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4583 on: November 30, 2017, 12:39:48 AM »
Is it stupid? yes. Is this guy a giant weeb? Absolutely! Who cares what Marvel had him do 10 years ago for that Mangaverse tho, why even bring this up? :lol

Tasty

« Reply #4584 on: November 30, 2017, 01:14:03 AM »
Apparently Marvel had a rule back then that you couldn't get paid for writing comics if you were an editor or something, and this guy flagrantly violated that to get ahead (and with the top brass' consent, seemingly.) Pretty shitty thing to do to your fellow editors and writers.

Plus, yeah, whew, all that Asian shit in his comics is just not a good look.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4586 on: November 30, 2017, 01:34:56 AM »
By all accounts the guy is a terrible writer, and yeah being a fake writer for a mangaverse book when he was the editor of the mangaverse isnt a good look, but that it was done with Marvel's consent probably tells me it was more a need thing (needed writers for that dumb mangaverse stuff and couldnt fill them so did sly jobs on the cheap (i assume)). Who cares though? It was a decade ago and it's weird as fuck for us all, but why are people taking shots at the dude before his foot is even in the editor's office. Marvel under Axel Alonso was the hottest of trash and I'm interested in giving this guy a year to see if he has any effect on the quality of Marvel's books, attacking him right off the bat for petty things seems counterproductive to the max.

Tasty

« Reply #4587 on: November 30, 2017, 01:43:35 AM »
Marvel under Axel Alonso was the hottest of trash and I'm interested in giving this guy a year to see if he has any effect on the quality of Marvel's books, attacking him right off the bat for petty things seems counterproductive to the max.

So you're willing to put the morality of the situation aside if you get some gud comics, gotcha.

Honestly dude should have gotten raked over the coals years ago when Bleeding Cool was first investigating it. Unfortunately everyone at Marvel lied through their teeth to protect this dude for some reason. What a stupid and ugly situation.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4588 on: November 30, 2017, 01:49:49 AM »
What moral threshold was crossed here? Ethics? Sure. Morals? slow down there, he seemingly broke company rules with company consent, ethically all over the place but im not sure what this has to do with morals.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4589 on: November 30, 2017, 01:51:20 AM »
Honestly dude should have gotten raked over the coals years ago when Bleeding Cool was first investigating it
Sure I can agree with this, but the fault seems to be more Marvel and their hierarchy, why are we pinning this squarely on one dude? 

Tasty

« Reply #4590 on: November 30, 2017, 02:14:43 AM »
TIL morals and ethics are completely divorced from each other.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4591 on: November 30, 2017, 02:27:34 AM »
TIL morals and ethics are completely divorced from each other.
they arent the same thing either mate. editorial ethics and morality are not the same thing, ethics are rules (which he broke - with consent seemingly) morals are something more

gfm793

« Reply #4592 on: November 30, 2017, 07:57:15 AM »

Super Sons Annual warms my cold little heart:

The Legion of Super Pets is back baby!

kingv

« Reply #4593 on: November 30, 2017, 10:03:50 AM »
I only read marvel through unlimited, so I’m always at least 6 months behind.

So, I have just finished up the first few issues of Secret Empire. Knowing how it all ends, I feel like this event was a huge missed opportunity. Evil Captain America and the United States of Hydra should have been drawn out more and made status quo across all books for like 18 months. I loved Dark Reign back in the day, because of the way they did that it seems like this could have been a fun status quo to mess with for a year or so in the same way.

I actually am enjoying the first few issues (even though I know it goes to shit and has a dumb ending).

gfm793

« Reply #4594 on: November 30, 2017, 10:10:17 AM »
Everything about Secret Empire was hot garbage. It's only given a passing grade because it came after Civil War II and Inhumans vs X-men which were both far, far, worse.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #4595 on: November 30, 2017, 11:04:52 AM »
Everything about Secret Empire was hot garbage. It's only given a passing grade because it came after Civil War II and Inhumans vs X-men which were both far, far, worse.

Eh the concept of an "evil" cap was fine and i thought they engineered his take over well enough rather than being extremely blatant (it literally blindsided the heroes when it happened) but the issue was always gonna be how its reverted because that would not stick on such a character.

Tasty

« Reply #4597 on: November 30, 2017, 12:31:44 PM »
Super Sons Annual warms my cold little heart:

(Image removed from quote.)

The Legion of Super Pets is back baby!

Despite Jon being my favorite part of the DCU post-Rebirth (aside from the Tim Drake stuff) I actually haven't started Super Sons, but it's next on my list now that I'm caught up on Tec.

gfm793

« Reply #4598 on: November 30, 2017, 01:03:09 PM »
Just make sure you read Superman first as it sets it up. It's a great book, Tomasi is killing it.

Tasty

« Reply #4599 on: November 30, 2017, 03:58:25 PM »
Oh I've been keeping up with Superman since Rebirth started. Probably my favorite book of the last 1-2 years.

If you go back through this thread I'm pretty sure 90% of my posts are gushing about how great it is. :lol

kingv

« Reply #4600 on: December 01, 2017, 12:40:33 AM »
Catching up on more Marvel and am running into someth8ng that has driven me nuts about Marvel editorial for a few years now. Unless it’s an A-list character, there is zero consistency to the personality of a character. Iron fist flips back and forth between being a goofy white sidekick who says dumb shit to some sort of serious bad ass with a daddy issue 2-3x per year.

Karnak can be the most dangerous inhuman, or some kind of Ambush Bug like joke depending on the series. It’s like their characters only exist as a set of powers and a name, but beyond that none of it matters.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4601 on: December 01, 2017, 09:11:00 AM »
NINJA BATMAYNE COMING SOON  :o

A number of the staff who worked on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure are behind this...it's gonna be good. 
ど助平

gfm793

« Reply #4602 on: December 01, 2017, 09:47:14 AM »

A number of the staff who worked on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure are behind this...it's gonna be good.

Written by Akira Yoshida.

looks pretty damn cool!
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4603 on: December 01, 2017, 09:58:39 AM »

Written by Akira Yoshida.

:respect

I almost put something similar into the post.  Almost.  :lol
ど助平

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #4604 on: December 01, 2017, 10:19:31 AM »

Yea this looks cool.

Robin with that haircut  :lol :lol :lol

Tasty

« Reply #4605 on: December 01, 2017, 01:07:20 PM »
Tim Drake gets the shaft again :goty2

benjipwns

« Reply #4606 on: December 01, 2017, 01:22:51 PM »
Tim Drake gets the shaft again :phil
fixed for the real* Tasty?

*homosexual digital face performer

Tasty

« Reply #4607 on: December 01, 2017, 01:30:51 PM »
I wish. Best thing to come out of the second Teen Titans New 52 series was Timmy attending a gay pride parade.

Sadly the days of TimKon are over. :goty2

But dem hints in Tec about it coming back. :lawd

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4608 on: December 01, 2017, 09:20:03 PM »
4 more days for White Knight, 8 more for Mister Miracle :goldberg

kingv

« Reply #4609 on: December 01, 2017, 10:02:17 PM »
Is white knight good? It looks interesting, but I didn’t pick it up.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4610 on: December 01, 2017, 10:33:37 PM »
It's interesting, we're only two chapters in it's not immediately evident that it's something amazing like Mister Miracle has shown in the same time, however I really liked the harley quin business in chapter two, It could turn out to be the best thing ever or banana man given time. 

gfm793

« Reply #4611 on: December 01, 2017, 11:33:13 PM »
It's interesting, we're only two chapters in it's not immediately evident that it's something amazing like Mister Miracle has shown in the same time, however I really liked the harley quin business in chapter two, It could turn out to be the best thing ever or banana man given time.

Well, the artist did give us Harely titties, so there is that. I'm waiting for the thing to finish, not sure if I dig the whole Joker as Social Justice icon idea.

Risible

« Reply #4612 on: December 02, 2017, 01:38:33 PM »
Doing a quick skim of this page without any context was really something.  All I can tell you with any certainty is that there's a comic featuring shitty anime fan artwork of Wolverine in Japan and apparently Krypto fucked a cow.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4613 on: December 02, 2017, 03:07:51 PM »
Doing a quick skim of this page without any context was really something.  All I can tell you with any certainty is that there's a comic featuring shitty anime fan artwork of Wolverine in Japan and apparently Krypto fucked a cow.

Trump's DC Universe
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #4614 on: December 03, 2017, 12:25:27 AM »
The second issue of White Knight actually turned me off it a bit after the first was hilariously so deliberate, the Harley stuff was fine and hopefully gets explained better, but I wanted them to play The Joker being wronged straight for longer. Him immediately contacting Gotham criminals is too obvious, we should have seen attempts by them to pull the same thing with varying degrees of success to continue to build the pressure on Batman first.

And I don't think he's being used as a social justice icon, the panels I clipped were from the obvious CONSERVATIVE PUNDIT side of that fake show, and I think the book is BOTH SIDESING the thing by how The Joker is totally playing that pre-existing card of a "BLM/cop accountability" stand-in group. Someone obviously mentally ill, who was easily treated when a mad vigilante, a corrupt police department and Gotham mental health program with decades of failure were removed from the equation and has seemingly been endlessly wronged and tortured into his crimes would rightly be held up as a victim by our society too. At least I hope we wouldn't instantly dismiss it. Unless Al Franken did it.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4615 on: December 03, 2017, 02:07:32 PM »
Found another Eric de Noorman issue today at some fleamarket. Why are these damn things so hard to find...

Also got a bunch of Scrooge McDuck stuff. (Carl Barks)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4616 on: December 03, 2017, 09:09:38 PM »
Read through Alan Moore's cosmic-horror-related trilogy of comics.  Will spoiler in case someone wants to read them.

The Courtyard:

Short, two-issue story about an FBI agent working undercover to investigate a series of murders where hands (and heads, IIRC) are cut off around New England.  The agent is an unlikable white supremacist-type who is only selected for the investigation because he is adept  at putting together the pieces for cases where very little evidence or connections are available. 
Ends with him trying what he thought was a drug, but was actually him being put into a trance-like state and fed Lovecraftian language from a weird guy with a veil on his face and a lisp who is more than he seems.  After this, the agent goes insane and commits the same type of murders.
[close]

Neonomicon:

Direct sequel to The Courtyard.  Four issues long.  Two other FBI agents continue the investigation and try to talk to the first guy, but it goes nowhere.  They then go undercover and infiltrate a weird sex cult. 
Except that the cult members are aware of who they are, kill the male agent, and then start raping the female as they have an orgy that summons a weird fish man like creature.  They leave her with the creature, who rapes her repeatedly and then seems to understand that she wasn't there willingly and frees her.  Ends with her lying to her superiors about what happened to hide that she has been impregnated.  She goes to talk to the insane agent from the first story and starts speaking the same weird language.  He then goes 'sane' and realizes that she is carrying what is implied to be a cosmic god of some kind and says that she is a goddess.  They leave the asylum where he is committed, killing the guards.
[close]

Providence:

Most of this 12-issue story is a prequel, taking place in the 1910s, but the last issue brings things back to the present and continues the story.  This focuses on a newspaper journalist who goes off around New England to do research for a book he wants to write and gets caught up in all sorts of weird Lovecraftian occult stuff.  H.P. Lovecraft himself is a character who shows up.  This story is generally pretty straight forward, but has some weird shit happen that is never explained...which I guess is kind of the whole M.O. for cosmic horror. 
Lots of odd creatures and crazy events affecting time perception occur.  The big theme that is slowly revealed is that all the weird shit people dream is real and is part of another world that was once part of the "real world."  As it turns out, the main character is unknowingly playing a role of an information gatherer to set forth things that will bring the dream world back to reality.  Lovecraft's part is that while he thinks he is writing fiction, it is all "real" information being sent to his mind and his published works get more and more people in tune with this other reality.  The series ends back in the present with the dream world taking over and humans just going with the flow, since it is affecting their minds and they don't really notice what is happening.  It gets all crazy and the female FBI agent has her weird baby, who goes off to do whatever and the people left ponder how they are going to live in this new existence.
[close]

It was fun to read, but bits of the last series made no sense at all.

I only have Neonomicon, and I had no idea that there was more to the story. :lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4617 on: December 05, 2017, 01:21:21 AM »
I would have liked them playing 'good' Joker straight all the way until for some batman-reason he re-breaks, would have worked with the idea of the two feeding each other. While I don't know if this will turn out horrible or good, chapter 3 is out tomorrow and im excited to read more at least. It's a very different excitement to Metal (feels like a mosh pit) and Mister Miracle (feels like something special), I'd describe it as that feeling you get when you see a crowd gathered around something and you're curious about it.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4618 on: December 05, 2017, 01:42:43 AM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/comments/7hi79v/the_robin_boys/
[close]
'I’ll say it again. DC needs to put out a team up book with these four. It’ll have fun relationship dynamic akin to TMNT, and that’s what I think is really missing in the DC lineup.'   :ohhh :ohhh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4619 on: December 05, 2017, 07:36:33 AM »
Yeah, maybe they could call it "We Are Robin."  :doge

It always gets to me how all of them look so similar.   :lol
[close]
ど助平