Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3054010 times)

Svejk

Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #31920 on: December 12, 2022, 03:46:31 PM »
I should play Witcher 2/3 one of these days...

Very much enjoyed Witcher 1 and 3 seems like it's in a great place now. Wanna play 2 first though.
Witcher 3 slays on so many levels.  Still has the best side quest integration; how it interweaves with the main story is total bliss.  Exploring and discoveries each have their own meaty content, even if they're hors d'oeuvre size.  Masterclass ARPG.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31921 on: December 12, 2022, 09:23:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/Tolkoto/status/1601195202030411776

:miyamoto
PS5 / Xbox Series feels like that it is just getting started with the first actual next-gen Need for Speed and games like Forza, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter and Tekken announced.
Once again, it's quite clear that this whole generation has had no reason to exist and should have only just kicked off now instead of us having two years of The Gamers™ trying to convince people that their overly expensive box of shite wasn't a complete waste of money with nothing at all worth playing that wasn't already available for current gen boxes.
Spud

Svejk

« Reply #31922 on: December 13, 2022, 11:23:23 AM »
Added various mods and mod-inspired content to the game to improve visuals and overall game quality. We've included some community-made favorites in addition to our own modifications in areas such as environment and cutscene improvements, realistic pavements, and many decoration upgrades.
Community-made and community-inspired mods include:
The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project
by HalkHogan
HD Monsters Reworked
by Denroth
Immersive Real-time Cutscenes
by teiji25
Nitpicker's Patch
by chuckcash
World Map Fixes
by Terg500

They even included various mods.
Will also have haptics and 3d Audio on dat Fif.  :aah

Edit:. The upgrade details so far ..

On December 14th the free next-gen update is coming to PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. The update will go live at 1 AM CET for PC & Xbox Series X|S, and midnight local time for PlayStation 5. It will include various visual, performance, and technical enhancements, as well as fixes and additional content. PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch will also receive an update — the specific patch notes and date will be announced at a later time. (NOTE: scope of the updates may vary between the platforms — please read the patch notes for more details)

After the update your game version will be 4.0. Below you'll find the list of changes:

PC and Next-Gen Exclusives
Added ray traced global illumination and ambient occlusion.
Additionally, PC players with compatible hardware have an additional option to turn on ray traced reflections and shadows.
Added various mods and mod-inspired content to the game to improve visuals and overall game quality. We've included some community-made favorites in addition to our own modifications in areas such as environment and cutscene improvements, realistic pavements, and many decoration upgrades.
Community-made and community-inspired mods include:
• The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by HalkHogan
• HD Monsters Reworked by Denroth
• Immersive Real-time Cutscenes by teiji25
• Nitpicker's Patch by chuckcash
• World Map Fixes by Terg500​
Upscaled texture to 4K for various characters, including Geralt, Yennefer, Triss, Ciri, Eredin and more.
All main characters, including Geralt, now cast high-resolution self-shadowing even outside cutscenes. Additionally, hair clipping through armor as well as some other armor-clipping issues have been fixed.
Environmental improvements:
• Added a new weather type – "Gray Sky"
• Updated sky textures
• Vegetation and water improvements
• Various mesh improvements
• Improved some select VFX
• Updated global environmental lighting​
Added AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR) 2.1
Added photo mode, allowing players to take stunning pictures within the world of The Witcher 3.
Added the option to pause the game during cutscenes.
Added an alternative camera option that's closer to the player's character and that reacts more dynamically to combat and movement. You can find this new setting in Options → Gameplay under Exploration, Combat, and Horseback Camera Distance.
PC-Specifc
Added "ULTRA+" graphical settings on PC, which significantly increases the visual fidelity of the game. The graphical settings available on ULTRA+ affect:
• Number of background characters
• Shadow quality
• Grass density
• Texture quality
• Foliage visibility range
• Terrain quality
• Water quality
• Detail level​
Added DLSS 3 support. Available only on compatible hardware.
Next-Gen Console-Specifc
Improved the overall quality of graphics on next-gen consoles. Including enhanced textures, improved fidelity, shadow quality, greater draw distances and crowd density.
Ray Tracing Mode — provides ray-traced global illumination and ambient occlusion with dynamic resolution scaling targeting 30 FPS for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.
Performance Mode — ensures smoother gameplay targeting 60 FPS with dynamic resolution scaling for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.
The Xbox Series S version has no ray-tracing features. Quality Mode provides increased resolution and better image fidelity targeting 30 FPS, whereas Performance Mode targets 60 FPS and prioritizes smoother gameplay over visual quality.
Implemented the use of adaptive triggers and haptic feedback on PS5 DualSense controllers.
Added Activity Cards for PS5.
Online Features
Added a cross-progression feature between platforms. Your latest saves will be automatically uploaded to the cloud so you can easily pick up where you left off on other platforms. Cross-progression provides the latest save for every save type. This feature becomes available after you log into your account.
By signing up to MY REWARDS in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, players can receive:
• Swords of the Nine-Tailed Vixen
• White Tiger of the West Armor
• Dol Blathanna Armor Set
• Roach Card​
Detailed information on how to redeem the rewards will be available from Dec 14th, 1 AM CET at thewitcher.com/my-rewards.

Additional Content
Added a new side quest, In The Eternal Fire's Shadow, in Velen. Rewards are inspired by Neftlix's The Witcher series.
Added an alternative appearance for Dandelion inspired by Netflix's The Witcher series. You can enable it in Options → Gameplay.
Added an alternative Nilfgaardian Armor set inspired by Netflix's The Witcher series. You can enable it in Options → Gameplay.
Added Chinese and Korean voice-over. Availability on consoles varies by region.
Various improvements and changes to Russian voice-over, including fixes for accelerated / slowed lines in the vast majority of scenes.
Quality of Life Changes
Added a Quick Sign Casting option. It allows signs to be switched and cast without opening the radial menu. You can find it in Options → Gameplay.
Added a new default map filter. The new filter hides some icons such as "?" and boat icons in order to reduce icon clutter on the map. These icons can be turned back on with the "All" map mode toggle.
Adjusted the minimum height for fall damage, allowing the player to survive falls from higher heights.
Herbs can now be instantly looted with a single interaction – without the additional loot window.
Added options that dynamically hide the minimap and quest objectives when not in combat or using Witcher senses. You can find it in Options → Video → HUD Configuration → Hide minimap during Exploration and Hide objectives during Exploration.
Added the option to slow walk when playing with a controller. You can now slow walk by lightly pushing the left stick forward.
Added an alternative sprint mode option when playing with a controller. It's activated by tapping the left stick. You can find it in Options → Control Settings.
Added an option to make target-lock unnaffected by camera inversion. You can find it in Options → Control Settings.
Improved the radial menu so bombs, bolts and pocket items can now be switched dynamically without opening the inventory.
Added the option to scale the font size for subtitles, NPC chatter and dialogue choices. You can find it in Options → Video → HUD Configuration.
Added various other small fixes, tweaks, and quality of life changes, including a few secrets to be discovered by players.
Gameplay
Added the mod Full Combat Rebalance 3 by Flash_in_the_flesh which includes balance changes and various fixes to gameplay. We took a curated approach to this mod, with some elements further tweaked from what you'll find in the mod by default, while other elements were omitted.
Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear - Fixed an issue where the chest at the Signal Tower couldn't be opened.
From Ofier's Distant Shores - Fixed an issue where the diagram in the chest at the bandit's hideout could be missing.
Hard Times - Fixed an issue where Geralt couldn't talk or give the letter to the blacksmith.
Swift as the Western Winds - Fixed an issue where the quest could sometimes fail despite winning the horse race.
Echoes of the Past - Fixed an issue where, after defeating the Foglets, the quest could get stuck and it wouldn't be possible to talk to Yennefer.
Wine Wars - Fixed an issue where the quest couldn't be completed if the player destroyed one of the required monster nests during exploration.
Fixed an issue where clearing the Ruined Inn Abandoned Site situated on the southern shore of Ard Skellig was not possible in certain scenarios.
Fixed an issue where the Grandmaster Wolven Set wouldn't require Mastercrafted items.
Various small fixes to quests and cutscenes.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 03:15:31 PM by Svejk »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31923 on: December 13, 2022, 01:15:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/Tolkoto/status/1601195202030411776

PS5 / Xbox Series feels like that it is just getting started with the first actual next-gen Need for Speed and games like Forza, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter and Tekken announced.
Once again, it's quite clear that this whole generation has had no reason to exist and should have only just kicked off now instead of us having two years of The Gamers™ trying to convince people that their overly expensive box of shite wasn't a complete waste of money with nothing at all worth playing that wasn't already available for current gen boxes.
To be fair none of the new games like Elden Ring run well on Xbox One (X) or PS4 (Pro). So in that sense the hardware upgrade offers a nice boost to framerates and resolutions.
But it's very comparable to playing 'current' console games on PC. I sort of expect Nintendo to do the same. Drop better but more expensive hardware while keeping up the support for the current Switch as well.
🤴

Polident Hive

« Reply #31924 on: December 13, 2022, 11:23:11 PM »
Late to noticing how PS2 game prices are going up. Some stuff I own but never played like Wild Arms 5 and Devil Summoner 2 can be north of $200. Who are these people willing to spend $400 on Blood Will Tell.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #31925 on: December 14, 2022, 01:18:38 AM »
All games went up in the past few years. Its kind of dipping lately but the days of $60 being “expensive” are over
fat

Svejk

« Reply #31926 on: December 14, 2022, 01:59:50 PM »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #31927 on: December 14, 2022, 02:36:45 PM »
They should do it based on the edgelord OG trilogy not the soy dad plodding bullshit sequels :rash
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31928 on: December 14, 2022, 04:38:06 PM »
It's a political drama about a middle aged woman working for a news outlet who uncovers she's actually a descendant of the 'God of War' when reporting on an anti-government protest in Greece.
Crazy hijinks follow, such as helping her chad neighbour (who is literally called chad) open jars or throwing the men at her gym through the wall like some kind of Super Woman.
She has a trans daughter who gets into trouble at school, so the god of war forms an 'army' of non-binary students to fight the big bad school Nazi gang and defeat them once and for all.

It's cancelled after 1 season because we're all racist and sexist.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31929 on: December 14, 2022, 05:00:42 PM »
Ah yes this raping pillaging murderer of literally gods and men deserves a tv show

they will surely do it justice

(no they wont it will be a lot of walking and talking, a journey up the mountain.)
What

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31930 on: December 14, 2022, 11:24:02 PM »
It's a political drama about a middle aged woman working for a news outlet who uncovers she's actually a descendant of the 'God of War' when reporting on an anti-government protest in Greece.
Crazy hijinks follow, such as helping her chad neighbour (who is literally called chad) open jars or throwing the men at her gym through the wall like some kind of Super Woman.
She has a trans daughter who gets into trouble at school, so the god of war forms an 'army' of non-binary students to fight the big bad school Nazi gang and defeat them once and for all.

It's cancelled after 1 season because we're all racist and sexist.
Until the last part I was thinking this sounds pretty cool.

Polident Hive

« Reply #31931 on: December 14, 2022, 11:41:01 PM »
Amazon Prime has The Boys and Invincible, which do lean satire, but are macho ultra violence. But even Reacher is about a giant big man fucking people up. Reading further, it’s the Wheel of Time showrunner, and writers for The Expanse. Haven’t seen either. Trying to positive. To be negative, the write up says it’s based on the 2018 game. So a Norse, dad and son story.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31932 on: December 15, 2022, 02:37:07 AM »
Expanse writers are good, Wheel of Time not so much. Source material is weak as fuck, so they really have a blank slate to do something interesting.

They won't.
Spud

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #31933 on: December 15, 2022, 09:09:01 AM »
They either have to make Atreus the main character or incorporate the original trilogy somehow. Since Kratos' character arc in the new game hinges on you knowing who and what he was.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31934 on: December 15, 2022, 10:10:06 AM »
They either have to make Atreus the main character or incorporate the original trilogy somehow. Since Kratos' character arc in the new game hinges on you knowing who and what he was.

*record scratch*

Kratos: "I bet you're wondering how I got into this situation. Well let me tell you, I used to be a badass that went around killing gods for fun. But my real battle is learning how to be a good father. This is my story."
©@©™

Svejk

« Reply #31935 on: December 15, 2022, 01:05:22 PM »
https://www.theverge.com/2022/12/15/23510923/amazon-tomb-raider-game-crystal-dynamics

Next thing you know, Slamazon will acquire CD later this year... Followed by a Tomb Raider Amazon series...  Hate to call it out now...  :doge 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 08:59:52 AM by Svejk »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31937 on: December 15, 2022, 01:33:06 PM »
https://www.theverge.com/2022/12/15/23510923/amazon-tomb-raider-game-crystal-dynamics

(Image removed from quote.)

Next thing you know, Slamazon with acquire CD later this year... Followed by a Tomb Raider Amazon series...  Hate to call it out now...  :doge
It's singleplayer, multi-platform and Crystal Dynamics
https://twitter.com/tombraider/status/1603428553021718534

I don't care who prints the discs tbh :trumps
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #31938 on: December 15, 2022, 01:35:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/1603180277995642880

Why do they say "new" Crisis Core?
Aren't the script and cutscenes 1:1 the same as the old game?

Also CC is fine in Japanese. It's not the best written/story for a jrpg, but there was nothing really "dinner dance" bad or anything. Always just seemed like a game that was localized badly given all the script complaints in western reviews. From what I understand they recast the game this version but they still used the old script which is where all these complaints are from in the first place. Should've done a new translation.

Svejk

« Reply #31939 on: December 15, 2022, 01:40:28 PM »

Next thing you know, Slamazon with acquire CD later this year... Followed by a Tomb Raider Amazon series...  Hate to call it out now...  :doge
It's singleplayer, multi-platform and Crystal Dynamics
https://twitter.com/tombraider/status/1603428553021718534

I don't care who prints the discs tbh :trumps
I hope that's all they have their hand in and just throw endless money at it without any say/influence in it... My trust record with Amazon isn't very high on the totem atm.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31940 on: December 15, 2022, 04:59:05 PM »

*record scratch*

Kratos: "I bet you're wondering how I got into this situation. Well let me tell you, I used to be a badass that went around killing gods for fun. But my real battle is learning how to be a good father. This is my story."
Yeah, I'm not sure you should post this. Someone will probably see it and actually use it as the basis for the series.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31941 on: December 15, 2022, 05:01:01 PM »
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31942 on: December 15, 2022, 06:17:47 PM »

🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31943 on: December 15, 2022, 06:39:27 PM »
Is that the real soundtrack? Please tell me it is.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31944 on: December 15, 2022, 06:45:18 PM »

🤴

Tasty

« Reply #31945 on: December 15, 2022, 09:45:35 PM »

*record scratch*

Yeah, I'm not sure you should post this. Someone will probably see it and actually use it as the basis for the series.

We only gotta worry if Gary Whitta is involved. OHSHI

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31946 on: December 16, 2022, 08:58:21 AM »
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #31947 on: December 16, 2022, 11:44:15 AM »
Is that a Devil's Third sequel?  :whatisthis

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #31948 on: December 16, 2022, 11:52:08 AM »
Imagine being the sick freak who'd want another Devil's Turd game :girlaff
(ice)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #31949 on: December 16, 2022, 01:31:17 PM »
I am that sick freak :phil
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31950 on: December 16, 2022, 03:14:51 PM »
Looks like 74.99 Euro games won't last long.
Just bought Need for Speed Unbound for 44.99.

Which launched just 2 weeks ago. I expect Callisto and other games to drop in price soon as well.

Normies can't afford games and holiday gifts so we're eatin' :success
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31951 on: December 16, 2022, 10:02:01 PM »
You'd have to be a fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow to pay full price for any game in Australia quite frankly. Only the morons that shop at EB Games would do it because they're the only retailer that charges RRP.

I think the big boring AAA PS5/XB games regularly go for $100-125, but if you wait a week that shit drops dramatically in price. So only the morons that need to have games on launch day get suckered into paying that much.
Spud

Polident Hive

« Reply #31952 on: December 16, 2022, 11:20:12 PM »
Ys Oath getting a remake remaster only for Switch is a bit of a shame. I loaded those games up in the steam deck, Oath Origins and Ark, there’s some funkiness to them. A modern PC port of the best Ys game? would’ve rebought it. Mostly sounds like mixing the PC and PSP versions plus some QOL additions.

Ys X is sounding interesting. Read speculation on the few details, but finally ditching the three party system from 7? Just Adol and a support character. Gone too is the slash bash piece thing. Ys 7 was 2010? A PSP game. It got old in Celceta.

At Falcoms rate, I can look forward to playing both in English by 2027.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #31954 on: December 17, 2022, 04:44:37 PM »
Benji-Sales has a direct line to the Dorito Pope! :jeb

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31955 on: December 17, 2022, 06:22:46 PM »
Ys Oath getting a remake remaster only for Switch is a bit of a shame. I loaded those games up in the steam deck, Oath Origins and Ark, there’s some funkiness to them. A modern PC port of the best Ys game? would’ve rebought it. Mostly sounds like mixing the PC and PSP versions plus some QOL additions.

Ys X is sounding interesting. Read speculation on the few details, but finally ditching the three party system from 7? Just Adol and a support character. Gone too is the slash bash piece thing. Ys 7 was 2010? A PSP game. It got old in Celceta.

At Falcoms rate, I can look forward to playing both in English by 2027.
It's pretty weird to see more and more Switch games being announced this late into its lifespan.

Folks seem confident that some kind of new Switch hardware drops next year in time of Zelda but I'm not so sure. I haven't seen any signs that Nintendo is jumping on new hardware anytime soon when their current hardware is doing this good and still selling so well. They still have the likes of Donkey Kong Country to bring back too.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31956 on: December 18, 2022, 07:48:53 AM »
Bought FF1+FF2 of these on Steam. Finally heading for Switch and PlayStation (xbox is dead)

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1604357750103760897
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #31957 on: December 18, 2022, 08:47:01 AM »
I hate being a huge FF fan, loving the Pixel Remasters on Steam, having that 40 year old adult disposable income, and having woken up in the middle of the night right when this LE went on sale and before it sold out.

$300 for a Vinyl and an Art Book. I am a sucker for sure.

Still a better value than blowing $300 on some modern game LE like FFXVI though.

paprikastaude

« Reply #31958 on: December 18, 2022, 09:46:40 AM »
https://twitter.com/dark1x/status/1604444454613663753

I thought ok, maybe having 1-5 compiled in one shelvespot still is worth it. Not like I'm gonna track down individual GBA/PSP copies at this point. But apparently even the "non-special" phyiscal version is limited and costs 100 bucks with shipping  :mike

Bebpo

« Reply #31959 on: December 18, 2022, 10:00:16 AM »
the font outrage  is so fucking stupid. I played FF1 with a font mod and didn't notice the difference and just used the default font for FF2 onward.

Also there are reports they have changed the font for these console versions and they accidently put up old screens from  the Steam version. They pulled the screens right after.

Bebpo

« Reply #31960 on: December 18, 2022, 10:01:36 AM »
also the performance thing is just judder which was easily fixable in the Steam versions. I'd be surprised if the console versions have it. Stuff like that tends to be a PC issue when games are made for consoles.

Svejk

« Reply #31961 on: December 18, 2022, 11:20:26 AM »
I think there could've been more QOL improvements from what I played of FFVI PR.  The lack of portrait mode for the Android release (which is platform specific, but still).  But also the UI is clunky and cumbersome when it doesn't need to be.  When using an item or casting magic for someone, it brings up a member menu selection with only their names.  Fuck if I remember who needs what.., I initiated the action because of portraits, HP/MP number/meter, but the name boxes overlap all that information.  It's a really distinguished mentally-challenged interface for that matter.  This may be just an Android thing and minor in the grand scope things, but it does not make it fun to play on there.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31962 on: December 18, 2022, 01:38:40 PM »
I didn't notice any performance issues in FF1 or FF2 on the Steamdeck :idont
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #31963 on: December 18, 2022, 03:46:24 PM »
why won't the fuckers ever put the 6 remaster on sale :tocry
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #31964 on: December 18, 2022, 04:09:49 PM »

Eventually. I think SE doesn't like to sell anything that is less than $15 period. They'll discount games down to $15/20/25 but I don't think I've ever seen a deep discount SE game that's like...$5 80% off or anything.

Reminds me of Ubisoft and AC Odyssey. That game has been in every gamepass/ubi+ whatever, but it's still never gone below $15...ever. Or been included in any humble bundles. Same with Total Warhammer 2 and the $20 price point. Some games companies just don't want to ever discount too hard or give away :\

Bebpo

« Reply #31965 on: December 18, 2022, 04:10:52 PM »
I think there could've been more QOL improvements from what I played of FFVI PR.  The lack of portrait mode for the Android release (which is platform specific, but still).  But also the UI is clunky and cumbersome when it doesn't need to be.  When using an item or casting magic for someone, it brings up a member menu selection with only their names.  Fuck if I remember who needs what.., I initiated the action because of portraits, HP/MP number/meter, but the name boxes overlap all that information.  It's a really distinguished mentally-challenged interface for that matter.  This may be just an Android thing and minor in the grand scope things, but it does not make it fun to play on there.

I haven't played the PR versions of V/VI yet, so can't confirm but I didn't notice any issues on PC outside the screen judder which is fixed by upping the refresh rate. Might be a phone thing.

Polident Hive

« Reply #31966 on: December 18, 2022, 07:09:59 PM »
In the betting pool between friends I bet the new Gungrave MC would be ~50 because it looked like shit and this team's last Gungrave was Gungrave VR which supposedly is shit.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/gungrave-gore

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-series-x/gungrave-gore

Got close.
/cue the Gungrave jokes about dragging an old IP's corpse

Update: I tried Gungrave GORE. About 10 minutes into the first level, the game failed to load a hallway and I fell through the floor. The game happened to auto save at that exact moment.

Impressions of those 10 minutes were bad. It feels like a game jam project using generic asset flips. There’s no impact or flair to it. It’s like that Jump Force game where it’s incongruent and awkward looking. Some might say it’s like going from Madworld to Anarchy Reigns. But Anarchy Reigns still had an aesthetic. This is nothing. There’s a skull on the UI, as in the original, and even that looks like a generic skeleton asset. They released a patch with a cel shaded option, along with other fixes and additions. I’ll try it out. Maybe the floor is fixed.

Afterwards I loaded up PS2 Gungrave on the steam deck. Still really stylish and fun.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #31967 on: December 18, 2022, 07:33:39 PM »

Eventually. I think SE doesn't like to sell anything that is less than $15 period. They'll discount games down to $15/20/25 but I don't think I've ever seen a deep discount SE game that's like...$5 80% off or anything.

Reminds me of Ubisoft and AC Odyssey. That game has been in every gamepass/ubi+ whatever, but it's still never gone below $15...ever. Or been included in any humble bundles. Same with Total Warhammer 2 and the $20 price point. Some games companies just don't want to ever discount too hard or give away :\

AC Odyssey is on soypass rn btw :itagaki
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #31968 on: December 18, 2022, 08:56:00 PM »
Yeah, it's on everything except being able to actually own the damn thing for dirt cheap/free.

Only AC I haven't played. Will play it someday. Hopefully will be in a bundle in another 3-4 years.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31969 on: December 19, 2022, 04:53:12 AM »
I just got the gold edition for 20 or something, some keyshite
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #31970 on: December 19, 2022, 07:52:07 AM »
Odyssey is the weakest of the nu AC games imo anyway. Origins is still the best (and best in the whole series imo). Valhalla is a good game but is TOO FUCKING LONG.
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31971 on: December 19, 2022, 08:34:15 AM »
I just like the setting of Odyssey more, but Origins is a good game
What

Tasty

« Reply #31972 on: December 19, 2022, 10:07:37 AM »
103 Million gamers watched Xbox die  :doge

Tasty

« Reply #31973 on: December 19, 2022, 11:26:11 AM »

Maybe it wasn't alive in the first place :ohhh

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #31974 on: December 19, 2022, 11:49:31 AM »
Dorito Pope is a pony and a tendie confirmed :titus
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #31975 on: December 19, 2022, 04:26:51 PM »

Personally hating it already based off of this.  So tired of that AC formula.   :doge

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31976 on: December 19, 2022, 05:41:17 PM »
I mean its a phone game
What

Svejk

« Reply #31977 on: December 19, 2022, 05:50:00 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #31978 on: December 19, 2022, 06:23:27 PM »
I think it's a shame that they're doing an interesting location/setting, but the gameplay stuff looks boring by the books AC gameplay. Feels like a wasted opportunity.

benjipwns

« Reply #31979 on: December 19, 2022, 07:51:48 PM »

Maybe it wasn't alive in the first place :ohhh
Meanwhile, looking at the titles in the left column:

:gaben