Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3053702 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #31980 on: December 20, 2022, 03:13:20 PM »
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31981 on: December 20, 2022, 03:56:59 PM »
Symphony of the Waifu's  :whoo

So many interesting games, so little time to play  :stahp
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #31982 on: December 20, 2022, 04:47:40 PM »
How does Inti Create make so many fucking games  :lol

I never play any of their stuff but I swear they have a new game every six months.

Polident Hive

« Reply #31983 on: December 21, 2022, 02:27:20 AM »
Found this YouTube channel that compiled the entire library of a console in one long video, around ten seconds per game. The PS2 video is over 11 hours, with over 4000 games. By comparison GameCube is under two hours with 650 games. Yes this is digging back to console warzzz two decades removed. And yes most of that 4000 are junk. Thought the DS would dwarf it for the cheap mobile games it had, but that’s 3500.

More surprising to me is the 3DS nearing 1000 games. Probably only own about ten games for it. Four are Zeldas.

Bebpo

« Reply #31984 on: December 21, 2022, 03:20:32 AM »
Is the Wii U one like 10 mins?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #31985 on: December 21, 2022, 05:19:55 AM »
WiiU had a load of indie stuff. Should be around the length of the Gamecube one.

Polident Hive

« Reply #31986 on: December 21, 2022, 07:32:42 AM »
There doesn’t seem to be Wii U yet, but the shorter I saw is the Jaguar.

Somehow a new Jaguar emulator came out last month. Finally, all 56 games are playable. From Aircars to Zoop.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31987 on: December 21, 2022, 09:57:30 AM »

Play this game you heathens
What

Svejk

« Reply #31988 on: December 21, 2022, 11:16:42 AM »

Play this game you heathens
Bring that shit to PS Fif and I will.

Svejk

« Reply #31989 on: December 21, 2022, 03:00:22 PM »
Just bought RE8 on the current sale for $20.  Can't wait to not play it till I can manage a PSVR2!  :hyper :doge

Tasty

« Reply #31990 on: December 21, 2022, 03:44:29 PM »
There doesn’t seem to be Wii U yet, but the shorter I saw is the Jaguar.

Somehow a new Jaguar emulator came out last month. Finally, all 56 games are playable. From Aircars to Zoop.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31991 on: December 21, 2022, 06:04:02 PM »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31992 on: December 21, 2022, 06:19:19 PM »

I really need to start playing this once I finish Live A Live.
Cool throw back to the FF2 font.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #31993 on: December 21, 2022, 06:31:08 PM »

I really need to start playing this once I finish Live A Live.
Cool throw back to the FF2 font.

I want to play the DLCs but they made the stupid decision of requiring grinding to get started on them so that's a skip for me.

Base game was great though. Definitely play it. There's a story bit in it that's really good.

Tasty

« Reply #31994 on: December 21, 2022, 09:59:41 PM »
9(!) GHZ

https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/status/1605575715029647361

I remember being 11 and thinking the GHz would go on forever... That part of me is excited by this news for some reason.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31996 on: December 22, 2022, 03:25:02 AM »
9(!) GHZ

https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/status/1605575715029647361

I remember being 11 and thinking the GHz would go on forever... That part of me is excited by this news for some reason.
Clock speed on my first PC was 75 MHz if I remember correctly
Spud

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31997 on: December 22, 2022, 11:08:39 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31998 on: December 22, 2022, 11:10:09 PM »
ど助平

Polident Hive

« Reply #31999 on: December 23, 2022, 06:00:20 AM »
Addendum to the PS2 library chat after scrubbed through the video. Strange how many Simple 2000 games were ported to PAL regions. They’d take Simple 2000 vol 162 THE Yo-Yo and release it as String Toy Frenzy and sold cheap at Sainsburys. But the lower than low tier games are PAL exclusives.

Hell yeah

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #32000 on: December 23, 2022, 07:24:33 PM »
Some of those PS2 garbage bin games (that many noticed later as Wii titles) are amazing. That one company existed on the premise that they could sell the things as impulse purchases in supermarkets near the checkouts.

Bebpo

« Reply #32001 on: December 24, 2022, 02:34:06 AM »
The one jrpg series I've always felt regret for never playing is Tengai Makyou (Far East of Eden). Been wanting to play 2/4 and the Kabuki gaiden one forever.

There are plenty of individual jrpgs I've never gotten around to, but that's probably the only major franchise I've completely missed. I'd say Phantasy Star as well, but I've given PS2 a few shakes and it's just not my thing.

archnemesis

« Reply #32002 on: December 24, 2022, 04:32:22 AM »
Same here. Tengai Makyou is the only renowned Japanese series that I have no experience with.

paprikastaude

« Reply #32003 on: December 24, 2022, 01:37:11 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #32004 on: December 24, 2022, 01:45:10 PM »
Same here. Tengai Makyou is the only renowned Japanese series that I have no experience with.

Actually, I can also add Metal Max to the list for me. The first three games seem pretty well regarded. Never tried any of them.

It's never seemed too interesting of a franchise to me. I think DJTiesto here may have played a few of them.

Tasty

« Reply #32005 on: December 24, 2022, 01:56:56 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I came here to have a good time and I'm feeling so attacked right now

Polident Hive

« Reply #32006 on: December 24, 2022, 06:58:08 PM »
Missed out on many (many) notable JRPGs across the PS1 and PS2. Really, for two reasons. When younger, I couldn’t get into turned based combat. Were the times I kept hearing the game were over 70 hours long and it took 20 hours to get going. Exaggerations but influenced what I picked. Turn based games I played usually had some hook. Like Grandia 2 and Breath of Fire V. Why when I had a 360, I played Infinite Undiscovery but not Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey. Actually, I played Pokémon as a kid so what do I know.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #32007 on: December 24, 2022, 08:29:14 PM »

Actually, I can also add Metal Max to the list for me. The first three games seem pretty well regarded. Never tried any of them.

It's never seemed too interesting of a franchise to me. I think DJTiesto here may have played a few of them.

Its a fun series with a cool atmosphere, like an anime take on Mad Max. More nonlinear than the standard RPG. We only got 3 of the games here - Metal Saga on ps2 and Xeno/Xeno Reborn (a remake a few years later with a grittier art style) on ps4/switch.

My big Japanese series I never bothered with are Momotaru Densetsu and *gasp* Monster Hunter.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #32008 on: December 24, 2022, 09:18:34 PM »

Its a fun series with a cool atmosphere, like an anime take on Mad Max. More nonlinear than the standard RPG. We only got 3 of the games here - Metal Saga on ps2 and Xeno/Xeno Reborn (a remake a few years later with a grittier art style) on ps4/switch.

My big Japanese series I never bothered with are Momotaru Densetsu and *gasp* Monster Hunter.

Yeah, I've never touched Momotaru but isn't it a board game series? Not my kind of thing at all.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32009 on: December 25, 2022, 04:15:19 PM »

Yeah, I've never touched Momotaru but isn't it a board game series? Not my kind of thing at all.

Apparently Momotaro Densetsu is an RPG series and Momotaro Dentetsu is the board game series.

ど助平

Polident Hive

« Reply #32010 on: December 25, 2022, 10:58:06 PM »
Been thinking about other JRPGs I missed. This is niche and specific. The .hack series after the initial .hack series. I played those first four on PS2. Heard the second set were much better. Got weirdly into the series, anime and all, but those games passed me by.

Bebpo

« Reply #32011 on: December 26, 2022, 12:04:06 AM »
Been thinking about other JRPGs I missed. This is niche and specific. The .hack series after the initial .hack series. I played those first four on PS2. Heard the second set were much better. Got weirdly into the series, anime and all, but those games passed me by.

Story-wise and music-wise the original series was way better than GU. You didn't miss anything.

GU looked way better and played better but the story was whatever.

Bebpo

« Reply #32012 on: December 26, 2022, 12:05:14 AM »
Speaking of other jrpg series. I started playing Utawarerumono #1 just now to finally check it out a bit. This music is pretty chill.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32013 on: December 26, 2022, 02:10:18 PM »
My top played games of 2022 on Xbox and Switch according to the yearly review thingies.

Xbox: Elden Ring (94 hours)
Switch: Xenoblade 3 (134 hours)

92% of my Switch play time was RPG's
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #32014 on: December 26, 2022, 06:38:08 PM »
The Metro Saga Bundle is $15 on PSN.  Always had an interest in them, but never really tried them.  They any good?  Read they're pretty immersive, which has me pondering picking this up.

Also Doom and Dishonored 2 are $5 a piece.  Had interest in those as well...

These Year End sales are killing me.   :dead

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32015 on: December 26, 2022, 07:08:26 PM »
I'm a big fan of Metro 2033 and Last Light.

I didn't like Exodus as much though.
🤴

archnemesis

« Reply #32016 on: December 27, 2022, 02:31:03 AM »
I reinstalled Metro 2033 after having read the novel earlier this year. I didn't like it when it was released because of the ammo scarcity and I don't like it now because it's heavily scripted and shooting things doesn't feel satisfying.

That being said, it's a popular series, and for that price you might as well give it a shot. Maybe you'll love it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32017 on: December 27, 2022, 05:41:26 AM »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32018 on: December 27, 2022, 06:06:16 AM »
These Year End sales are killing me.   :dead
🤴

Svejk

Svejk

« Reply #32020 on: December 27, 2022, 01:09:48 PM »
I'm a big fan of Metro 2033 and Last Light.

I didn't like Exodus as much though.
I reinstalled Metro 2033 after having read the novel earlier this year. I didn't like it when it was released because of the ammo scarcity and I don't like it now because it's heavily scripted and shooting things doesn't feel satisfying.

That being said, it's a popular series, and for that price you might as well give it a shot. Maybe you'll love it.
They actually have a demo up for these.  Gonna try it first.  Demos FTW!

paprikastaude

« Reply #32021 on: December 27, 2022, 02:14:30 PM »
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 02:19:10 PM by paprikastaude »

Svejk

Bebpo

« Reply #32023 on: December 27, 2022, 03:23:56 PM »
Glad the Gooch is still making games even if I haven't jived with any of them since Lost Odyssey.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #32024 on: December 27, 2022, 08:04:14 PM »
I loved Lost Odyssey even though I never finished it since life happened by the time I got to Disc 4, and I never picked it back up since 50+ hour JRPG saves have at most a month before you completely forget everything that happened, how to play the game, what you should equip on your characters, etc. Been meaning to start over for 5 fucking years now  :lol

The Last Story was fun if not mostly forgettable. I had a good time though, and it was short so that was a plus.

Fantasian had no right being as good as it was for a phone game. Well worth using my Apple Arcade trial on it last year. The difficulty balance goes to complete shit in the second half though, but it’s doable.

I never played Blue Dragon past the “tutorial” so I can’t say much about it.

Hope his next game hits consoles!
Margs

Bebpo

« Reply #32025 on: December 27, 2022, 08:37:15 PM »
Fantasian had no right being as good as it was for a phone game. Well worth using my Apple Arcade trial on it last year. The difficulty balance goes to complete shit in the second half though, but it’s doable.

I still haven't resubbed to apple arcade to play the second half. The first half was...ok. Like for a phone game it was good, but for a jrpg in general it was kind of vanilla until the end.

I hear pt.2 is more open and interesting, but also a lot lengthier so not super excited to commit to it. Battles were also a bit slow iirc.

BIONIC

« Reply #32026 on: December 27, 2022, 08:46:33 PM »
Second part is probably double the length of the first one despite having like half the unique content (you revisit almost all the areas, and there aren’t too many new ones added), so yeah lol

I honestly like the first part better since it felt better balanced and paced, and I personally don’t mind my JRPGs to be a bit on the linear side (eg FFX). Story gets spread too thin in the second part imo.
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32027 on: December 28, 2022, 03:10:40 PM »

Interesting to see what the average PC gamer is on and how well it holds up.
🤴

BIONIC

« Reply #32028 on: December 28, 2022, 05:44:19 PM »

:kermit
Margs

Svejk

« Reply #32029 on: December 29, 2022, 09:58:11 AM »
Forgot about this reveal(remake?) during the VGA's.  This shit looks incredibly dope..  Dat UE5  :whoo

So, is this suppose to be a remake of the 2014 LotF?  Or a direct follow up with the same name?  :doge  I have the PS4 one (via PS+), but never gave it a try.  I assume at this point, with ER and other Soulsborne games out, it's not worth the time?  Any of you all play it?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32030 on: December 29, 2022, 01:25:23 PM »
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #32031 on: December 29, 2022, 02:01:52 PM »
Forgot about this reveal(remake?) during the VGA's.  This shit looks incredibly dope..  Dat UE5  :whoo

So, is this suppose to be a remake of the 2014 LotF?  Or a direct follow up with the same name?  :doge  I have the PS4 one (via PS+), but never gave it a try.  I assume at this point, with ER and other Soulsborne games out, it's not worth the time?  Any of you all play it?

It's meant to be a sequel.

First game is kinda rough. Got dubbed Clunky Souls by the souls-community around the time of release. I tried to play through it twice but dropped it both times after the first two bosses. All of it just feels off. It's not just clunky, but it feels like the game has bad inherent response time. Animations that don't sell the weight of the clunkier design at all.

Biggest thing it has going for it is that it was one of the first Souls copycat games. As a gaming history piece it's probably fun to look at for like an hour or two when it's on sale for like a buck. Otherwise I would not recommend it in any capacity.

Svejk

« Reply #32032 on: December 29, 2022, 03:26:51 PM »

It's meant to be a sequel.

First game is kinda rough. Got dubbed Clunky Souls by the souls-community around the time of release. I tried to play through it twice but dropped it both times after the first two bosses. All of it just feels off. It's not just clunky, but it feels like the game has bad inherent response time. Animations that don't sell the weight of the clunkier design at all.

Biggest thing it has going for it is that it was one of the first Souls copycat games. As a gaming history piece it's probably fun to look at for like an hour or two when it's on sale for like a buck. Otherwise I would not recommend it in any capacity.
Yeah, the quick vids of gameplay I pulled up do look clunky.  Guess I should reserve expectations if they don't improve on the gameplay aspect.

paprikastaude

« Reply #32033 on: December 29, 2022, 03:57:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1607754070277902336

:leon

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/japanese-creators-discuss-2023-ambitions
Fumito Ueda

—Ambitions for 2023

“All of genDesign is working hard to be able to finally announce something, so please give us your support.”

:neo

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32034 on: December 29, 2022, 03:57:51 PM »

:gopnik
🤴

Beezy

« Reply #32035 on: December 30, 2022, 09:53:07 AM »

MM/X/ZX with close combat instead of ranged weapon and swords looks sick.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32036 on: December 31, 2022, 11:41:52 AM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32038 on: December 31, 2022, 01:36:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/MaddenNFLDirect/status/1609198387580084225

Hello Madden Franchise Community,

We wanted to provide you with an update and next steps around your Online Franchise, CFM Leagues and FOTF saves from 12/28.

From the Developers: On Wednesday 12/28 around 2:45 pm EST, Players trying to access the Franchise server were given an error that leagues were unavailable. The issue persisted until 12:45 am EST on Thursday 12/29. Unfortunately, if you logged into Franchise leagues during this time, your data was affected due to a data storage issue that resulted in Franchise files being corrupted.

Note: Players and leagues who did not log in during that window, your leagues were not impacted and are currently safe to log into and play.

First off, we are sorry that this happened. We know how important your franchises are to you and we are actively working on a fix to restore some files via a backup as soon as possible. However, not all affected leagues can be restored. The team is currently projecting around 40% of leagues to be recovered. We will communicate an updated timeline next week around the potential restoration of save files from a backup.

If you logged in during the above window, we encourage you to start a new franchise as the mode is up and running. Stay tuned to @MaddenNFLDirect for updates around Franchise restoration.

oops :trumps
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #32039 on: December 31, 2022, 02:07:01 PM »
©@©™