Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3018243 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #21660 on: May 10, 2019, 01:10:21 PM »
Risk of Rain 2 looks so cool, tempting me rn. Anyone spend time with it yet?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #21661 on: May 10, 2019, 01:27:46 PM »
Risk of Rain 2 looks so cool, tempting me rn. Anyone spend time with it yet?

I've put a ton of hours into it. It' so much fun and def worth the current price of admission. On cdkeys you can get it for around 11 euro's most of the time.

Play some coop with me bro, let's loot & shoot! It's a great roguelite
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #21662 on: May 10, 2019, 01:30:46 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #21663 on: May 10, 2019, 01:59:05 PM »
The Blood Redux is half off if you own the original release on Steam and GOG.

You need to own it on GOG too?

I just bought it for Steam, but the new game / port is still 8 euro's 19 for me lulz.

Wasted money on the original
What

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #21664 on: May 10, 2019, 02:35:36 PM »
It's an assumption on my part because that's how it works on Steam, I own the original on GOG and it only cost me five bucks for the redux.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #21665 on: May 10, 2019, 03:15:24 PM »
Nevermind had to actually go through with the purchase for the discount to show up  :)

Had those games on CD back when, might even have them somewhere. Nice to have it on Steam though!

Thanks for the heads up D3RANG3D
What

Chooky

« Reply #21666 on: May 10, 2019, 07:53:11 PM »
what is Blood Redux? is it related to the absurdly underrated 90s pc game from Monolith? please say yes

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #21667 on: May 10, 2019, 08:02:05 PM »
Yes

Chooky

« Reply #21668 on: May 10, 2019, 08:03:44 PM »
ok now please give details

oh wait i found details. uhhh it looks like the exact same game except now it runs fine on modern machines. that's cool and all but eh. also it might not have the original soundtrack which would suck.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21670 on: May 10, 2019, 08:37:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1126728611921195008

I need to know if there's a RE thread about this, but I don't want to expend the necessary energy to look for myself.
dog

MMaRsu

• Administrator
wtf
« Reply #21671 on: May 11, 2019, 06:25:13 AM »
Is she at least gay? I mean these devs obviously have deep hatred towards LGTBQ if not

Also I just played a match of online Blood, never did when I was a kid.

I got destroyed and a few times it said I got anally destroyed or some shit  :lol and "MMaRsu got castrated" lol
What

Shuri

« Reply #21672 on: May 12, 2019, 03:07:51 PM »
Started watching a Metal Gear Ghost Babel playthrough.... :leon Had no idea the GBC was capable of such fluid animation. Also there's more text in the opening than the entirety of MG1/2 :lol How could you even read this shit on such a tiny screen? How could you see anything on the radar?
It looks fine on the real hardware, everything is easy to read. I bought it last year and I was surprised by how interesting the game was.

Shuri

« Reply #21673 on: May 12, 2019, 04:34:19 PM »
Mk11 is the first game to make me feel old. It’s like my brain can’t be arsed to learn the combos and the new motions for decades old special moves. I’m giving up. I can’t believe i’m giving up on a mk game. But this made me realize that I havent REALLY enjoyed the franchise since UMK3. MK4 was ‘ok’

Instead I spent my sunday playing UMK3 saturn and VF4 evo on Naomi2 on my supergun.

Vf4 still looks damn good for its age, and it just feels so smooth.

I’ve been playing World War Z on the xbone,  its really fun but you can do the entire game in a single setting. I hoped for different paths and new zombies when you played on harder difficulty levels. The Tokyo level is very underwhelming. The gameplay is fine, its just that the content is short. This is totally a 20$ game. Not worth buying for the full price.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 04:44:18 PM by Shuri »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Bebpo

« Reply #21675 on: May 12, 2019, 11:57:47 PM »
Taking a break from FFXIV for a month or 1.5 months until the new expansion and I need a new non-MMO rpg I can blow through in a couple weeks in my life that's compelling from start to finish. Choices are:

-World of Final Fantasy: Played like 5 hours and seems ok but kinda repetitive/easy/zzz
-FFXV Royal Edition: Hey, better late than never
-Bravely Default: I'm like in ch.3, 25 hours in, but I looked at a guide and apparently the game is like 80 fucking hours long. I did enjoy it when I played through ch.3 but it also wasn't that compelling since it was like a lot of fast forward x 4 auto-battle job grinding  -> boss fights -> cutscenes -> repeat.
-The Witcher 2: Gotta play this before Witcher 3; I hear it's pretty short though
-Pillars II DLC: I liked Pillars II but it's been so long I won't remember how to play which is gonna make it rough going into the 3 DLC pieces that are out which kinda puts me off
-Octopath Traveler: Heard it's good & terrible
-Mass Effect 3: Because why not
-Divinity: OS or OS2 - Lol, jk. I don't have time for 80 hour rpgs
-Xenoblade 2 Torna The Golden Country - Heard it's way shorter but also pretty grindy
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 12:02:14 AM by Bebpo »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #21676 on: May 13, 2019, 12:03:04 AM »
Witcher 2! It's only 30-40 hours. I love 3 but 2 is the special one near and dear to me. Came out at the perfect time for me, and it hit everything I wanted out of it. Best main plot/twists of the three I think as well.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #21678 on: May 13, 2019, 11:08:07 AM »
Octopath Traveler is my favorite of your list, Bebs, but it can easily go on for 70+ hours if you want to take down the super boss. One thing that's great about it is it's real conducive to 2 hour long sessions due to the chapter-by-chapter nature of the game. Each character has 4 chapters and these can be played in any order as long as you've beaten the character's previous chapter. But this makes the flow of the game repetitive and easy to burn out on, if you play a few chapters in one sitting.

Graphics, music, and boss fights are all spectacular. Stories are pretty standard fare, with Alfyn and Primrose being the best and Tressa being the cheesiest.

The game definitely feels like it was made for those in their 30s who loved classic rpgs but nowadays can't really devote a big block of time to playing one. The tone is also more mature than your anime hijinx rpgs of today.
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #21679 on: May 13, 2019, 11:28:09 AM »
All those choices suck. Play Shining Resonance Refrain
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #21680 on: May 13, 2019, 04:47:44 PM »
Probably gonna go with Witcher 2 & getting back to Guacamelee 2.

I did play more of World of FF and some strategy has come to the battles and I got the big monster with joyride so I move faster through the maps and the battle colesium is good for getting specific monsters without having to grind random battles to get the ones you want to appear and I got summons and sidequests and remixed FF10 music is playing and the game is much better so I might stick with this as well.

I couldn’t tell if you were joking so I read some reviews of this and I’m guessing you were joking because it sounds trash.

Bebpo

« Reply #21681 on: May 13, 2019, 04:50:25 PM »
Octopath Traveler is my favorite of your list, Bebs, but it can easily go on for 70+ hours if you want to take down the super boss. One thing that's great about it is it's real conducive to 2 hour long sessions due to the chapter-by-chapter nature of the game. Each character has 4 chapters and these can be played in any order as long as you've beaten the character's previous chapter. But this makes the flow of the game repetitive and easy to burn out on, if you play a few chapters in one sitting.

Graphics, music, and boss fights are all spectacular. Stories are pretty standard fare, with Alfyn and Primrose being the best and Tressa being the cheesiest.

The game definitely feels like it was made for those in their 30s who loved classic rpgs but nowadays can't really devote a big block of time to playing one. The tone is also more mature than your anime hijinx rpgs of today.

I liked the demo but a lot people reaaaaally didn’t like it and say it’s grindy af with slow long battles and almost no party interaction.

From what I’ve read it sounds more like a Saga game about individual character stories,
Which is fine, and I can dig it. I’ll probably try to get to it in the next year. Same with finishing Bravely Default.

Is BD2 worth playing?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #21682 on: May 13, 2019, 04:56:50 PM »

I couldn’t tell if you were joking so I read some reviews of this and I’m guessing you were joking because it sounds trash.

Why? You have Octopath Traveler which you already think is Trash. So why is it on your list? Make up your mind, ghostbuster.
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21683 on: May 13, 2019, 11:32:41 PM »
Capcom finally announced a new Sengoku Basara game...but it's some crappy mobile shit.  :-\
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21684 on: May 15, 2019, 02:11:22 PM »
Publisher Nexon America and developer Final Strike Games have announced Rocket Arena, a three-versus-three first-person shooter launching on Xbox One and PC with cross-platform play, “with PlayStation 4 support also in development.” A closed beta will be available via Steam and the Nexon Launcher from May 23 to 29.

Rocket Arena is a unique take on first-person shooters, where the very method you use taking out opponents has an explosive change: Battle is won not by putting enemies into the dirt, but to send them blasting off into the sky!

Every character has their own loadout of bombs, traps, spells and, yes, rockets that send enemies caught within them flying. The more damage they take, the further they’ll be hurtled around by each and every strike until they’re knocked out of the arena!

I like how the font in the trailer looks like it was stolen from Fortnite.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21685 on: May 15, 2019, 02:23:52 PM »

:thinking
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #21686 on: May 15, 2019, 06:35:59 PM »
best new meme format combined with the best sega arcade game

https://twitter.com/NeoHazard/status/1128513970393034752

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21688 on: May 15, 2019, 09:19:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1128733445931307009

Light Blue Yoshi: "Doesn't like piss, but drinks it to look cool."   :lol
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21689 on: May 15, 2019, 09:35:26 PM »
I got Black Yoshi. :bobby
©@©™

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #21690 on: May 16, 2019, 08:45:33 AM »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #21691 on: May 16, 2019, 12:35:40 PM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #21692 on: May 16, 2019, 12:57:49 PM »
oh dear

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #21693 on: May 16, 2019, 01:35:30 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #21694 on: May 17, 2019, 04:51:29 PM »
What

Bebpo

« Reply #21695 on: May 17, 2019, 07:27:46 PM »
Damn, that lineup continues to be hot.

So uh, how they gonna do Street Fighter in USA model with the 3 button controller lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Bebpo

« Reply #21697 on: May 17, 2019, 09:30:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/coolranchzaku/status/1129396314670796800

Is that a real tweet or a joke. Don't get me excited for my 60 million budget AAA MATILDAAAAA depressing death Gundam game for nothing.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21698 on: May 17, 2019, 10:10:41 PM »
Is that a real tweet or a joke. Don't get me excited for my 60 million budget AAA MATILDAAAAA depressing death Gundam game for nothing.

https://twitter.com/David__Cage/status/1123864775853789185
dog

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #21699 on: May 18, 2019, 12:15:19 AM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #21700 on: May 18, 2019, 12:05:57 PM »
What

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

« Reply #21702 on: May 19, 2019, 01:44:44 PM »
Grabbed Left Alive for $17.99 from one of Gamefly's sales. Morbidly curious, especially at that price point.
野球

benjipwns

« Reply #21703 on: May 19, 2019, 04:45:05 PM »
found Joe's letter to EGM under his fake name "Boris"

Chooky

« Reply #21704 on: May 19, 2019, 05:43:46 PM »
quest 64 really had fanboys losing their minds, huh?

BisMarckie

« Reply #21705 on: May 19, 2019, 06:37:10 PM »
Yeah, Joe is really irrational about that game.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #21707 on: May 20, 2019, 02:42:00 AM »
you couldnt pay me to complete quest 64
萌え~

Chooky

« Reply #21708 on: May 20, 2019, 07:50:03 AM »
game would be about as well remembered as something like monsterseed if it wasn't on n64. fanboyism is a disease.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #21709 on: May 20, 2019, 09:54:27 AM »
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #21710 on: May 20, 2019, 10:07:16 AM »
stay woke friends, and enjoy quest how it was meant to be enjoyed

fat

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21711 on: May 20, 2019, 10:20:49 AM »
Yeah, Joe is really irrational about that game.

You think I'm fucking around here? Mark it 25 hours! :rage
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21712 on: May 20, 2019, 11:04:06 AM »
game would be about as well remembered as something like monsterseed if it wasn't on n64. fanboyism is a disease.

People remember Quest 64 fondly?
dog

Chooky

« Reply #21713 on: May 20, 2019, 12:47:50 PM »
i've seen plenty of "it wasn't that bad!" comments over the years.

but it was, in fact, that bad

Svejk

« Reply #21714 on: May 20, 2019, 12:54:10 PM »
There's speculation that they'll drop a FFVII Remake demo at/or around E3.   Supposedly it's gone from 3 parts to 2 parts now....

According to this report, Final Fantasy VII Remake is actually divided into two parts, with the first one ending where the original game’s first disc ended. The report also claims that a playable demo will be made available after the E3 next month.

-Game is in fact 2 parts. Part 1 ends exactly as Aerith is let down into the water after her death and a fade to black.

-Materia is shown in ALMOST all weapons. They do not appear in accessories nor do accessories appear on your character model. Different weapons will however appear on your model for example Rune Blade will be on Cloud’s back if equipped and exploring.

-Different weapons have different triangle heavy hits (does not cost an ATB charge) Buster Sword has Punisher Rune Blade for for example has Cleave. You use these heavy hits after a string of regular hits. Regular hits are chip damage and the main damage will be from heavy combo finishers and the of course the massive LIMIT BREAKs.

-Using Magic will consume ATB along with MP. You get more bars as the game progresses.

-Summons will work for the most part as cut scenes like the original, they do not fight with you on the field. There is 1 new Summon Amarok and appears to be a wolf and causes darkness in addition to damage.

-Over-world map is almost seamless. There are some “zones.” There will be roads and methods of transportation. It is open world. Vehicles like the Tiny Bronco work almost exactly the same only being able to go in lighter water. There will be items available occasionally on the field. Chocobos will of course be obtainable after the farm.

-They have really made an effort to make each town feel lived in, and feel like there is a reason why each place is like the way it is. Each town is very unique from the last. Cosmo Canyon and its occasional dust storms are a stark contrast to the streets of Midgar. Upper Junon feels very much more like a military installation than Midgar as well.

-Sephiroth is very limited in what is shown of him until the Kalm flashback. Before this you only hear his voice or see glimpses of him during Clouds breakdowns.

-The HP shown during the state of play is not indicative of what their HP should/would be normally during those times. Simply for Dev showcasing.

-There will be demos on the game floor with PSN demo following shortly after for people at home directly after E3.(Playstation Plus required)

-Monster redesigns for a lot of the enemies but most will remain recognizable. Some do not make an appearance. For example there was no ghost enemies in the train yard.

-Shin-ra HQ wont have quite as many floors to explore but MORE to do on the floors you do go to so it still feels like your fighting through a lot to get to the top.

-The design for Tifa is also true to the original outfit, her face appears to be mostly similar to her Advent Children design but slightly more western. Materia also shows up on her gloves.

-Cait Sith seems to be pronounced “Ket” Sith but has undergone no major design overhaul. His fighting style is more close up, and does have his BARS for a LIMIT BREAK.

-Golden Saucer will have some games that are not playable(yet) because they are essentially replaying a part of a later story mission. Some will be playable right when you arrive. They want it to feel more grand and provide a break from the main story beats while still eventually having to incorporate the story into it later.

-Red XIII has clones Cobalt XIV and Indigo XV you must fight before he joins your party in Shin-ra HQ

-Cid does not appear to be smoking but you see evidence that he does. He is clearly upset with Shera but toned down the aggressiveness as they felt it was unnecessary.

-Yuffie and Vincent are no longer optional. You can miss them up until a certain point where they then become mandatory to get. You automatically get Yuffie if you have not gotten her before Rocket Town for example.

-Cloud will have a dress and wig in one particular scene. But its fade to black getting in/out of it.

-Honey Bee in requires GIL to get into instead of a membership card.

-Squatting mini-game returns.

-As these are FULL games each will be in fact priced at 59.99 USD

-Signals have gone out to retailers to prepare for pre-orders.
https://wccftech.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-playable-demo/

Chooky

« Reply #21715 on: May 20, 2019, 01:05:31 PM »
it's finally happening, people :rejoice

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21716 on: May 20, 2019, 01:17:41 PM »
Sounds good so far, if that report is true.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21717 on: May 20, 2019, 01:24:05 PM »
- Exposed femoral arteries.
©@©™

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #21718 on: May 21, 2019, 04:45:18 AM »
Game of Thrones Soulsborne CONFIRMED  :doge

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019/05/20/an-ending/
Quote from: GRRM
I’ve consulted on a video game out of Japan.

edit: oops already in the GoT thread
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 04:51:16 AM by naff »
◕‿◕

benjipwns

« Reply #21719 on: May 21, 2019, 07:39:57 AM »