Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3053361 times)

Chooky

Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #22800 on: October 02, 2019, 06:21:41 AM »
Dude, a code for PAIN came with my 80 GB MGS4 PS3 (RIP ;_;), and I played the ever loving shit out of it for some fucking reason. Pretty sure it was also the first game I ever bought DLC for. I bought this one character named Tati or something that was the literal personification of the dummy thicc meme ten years beforehand. You could do a taunt with her when you fling her where you can hear the clap of her ass cheeks. I fucking bought DAVID HASSLEHOFF as a character. I bought maybe two more areas/levels too.

I didn’t even like the game that much. I finally weened off the game once a few more worthwhile full games were released.

2008 was a weird fucking time, bro… :doge

i played this stupid game (or demo really) so damn much because i didn't have anything else besides mgs4 :( fucking thing was basically angry birds with no goal. the shit we'll play when we're hard up for good content...

Svejk

« Reply #22801 on: October 02, 2019, 08:31:46 AM »
Dude, a code for PAIN came with my 80 GB MGS4 PS3 (RIP ;_;), and I played the ever loving shit out of it for some fucking reason. Pretty sure it was also the first game I ever bought DLC for. I bought this one character named Tati or something that was the literal personification of the dummy thicc meme ten years beforehand. You could do a taunt with her when you fling her where you can hear the clap of her ass cheeks. I fucking bought DAVID HASSLEHOFF as a character. I bought maybe two more areas/levels too.

I didn’t even like the game that much. I finally weened off the game once a few more worthwhile full games were released.

i played this stupid game (or demo really) so damn much because i didn't have anything else besides mgs4 :( fucking thing was basically angry birds with no goal. the shit we'll play when we're hard up for good content...
32X days  :aah

Chooky

« Reply #22802 on: October 02, 2019, 08:38:08 AM »
:( :( :(

i got one of those for my birthday. do you know how hard it was to squeeze months of entertainment out of virtua racing?

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #22803 on: October 02, 2019, 11:08:29 AM »

« Reply #22804 on: October 02, 2019, 08:41:38 PM »

Haha yeah, it was just a fun little game and each map had hidden little secrets here and there. I had the elivra dlc and she would jiggle her boobs as one of her moves.

bluemax

« Reply #22805 on: October 03, 2019, 12:42:40 AM »
i think those remakes they did of their older mario rpgs bombed about as bad as anything could possibly bomb. like NO ONE bought that remake of bowsers inside story.

Last M&L game I got was the dream one that came with the 3DS. Which I guess was the second to last new one. I didn't buy any of their remakes either sadly.

It felt like they just got more padded out and more tedious with each release, and the dialogue would just drag on on and on. I am sad to hear the studio is going under. I hope their devs land on their feet.
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #22806 on: October 03, 2019, 02:46:16 AM »
CODE VEIN is actually Dark Souls now:

(Image removed from quote.)

So is this a mod that puts DS map into Code Vein?

Or did they literally just ripoff Anor Londo completely in a section?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #22807 on: October 03, 2019, 03:56:54 AM »
The second one.

I love how awful it looks.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #22808 on: October 03, 2019, 05:57:02 AM »
Dark Souls didn't invent gothic cathedrals, it's just a coincidence.  :teehee

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22809 on: October 03, 2019, 06:31:34 AM »
Sony preparing for PS5:  PlayStation in corporate restructuring hell

Microsoft preparing for Xbox 2: HALO in development hell

The future refused to change!
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22810 on: October 03, 2019, 08:06:17 AM »
The second one.

It's actually one of the best sections so far in the game, though: lots of branching paths, hidden stuff everywhere, legit tough enemies, and a striking look compared to the rest of the game.
dog

« Reply #22811 on: October 03, 2019, 01:51:07 PM »
Is it sad I’d buy a year of psnow just to stream PAIN on my pc? I think I was the only one who liked that game on PS3.

My wife and I loved Pain. It was a huge hit whenever friends came over.
野球

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22812 on: October 03, 2019, 01:55:13 PM »
id buy psnow for the last guy on pc. :(

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22813 on: October 03, 2019, 02:32:54 PM »
I signed up for a week free trial so im gonna try out dad of war in a bit

also this fucking guy man these 360's with the sniper are really insane in the brain

what a fucking legend
What

Bebpo

« Reply #22814 on: October 03, 2019, 03:09:24 PM »
The second one.

Wow, that's brazen. It looks literally 1:1 with Anor Londo.

BisMarckie

« Reply #22815 on: October 03, 2019, 03:40:49 PM »
Hate the way God of War starts.. like I despise games that do that bullshit.   I truly do not understand who that crap entertains.. forcing you to basically watch unskipable cut-scenes in the form of long barely-interactive segments.   PRESS 0 TO PUT THE LOG ON THE BOAT... FUN!

This and mindlessly pushing the left stick forward to move through set pieces.

« Reply #22816 on: October 03, 2019, 08:54:06 PM »
I stopped playing GoW at the first Troll(?) fight. Like the first big boss battle.

I went into the game blind having only played the first back on ps2 and I am like..... isn't this supposed to be like devil may cry?

Yeah, Im sure the game is good if I stick with it but the presentation and the combat just threw me off initially.

kingv

« Reply #22817 on: October 03, 2019, 11:50:27 PM »
Actually, it’s not that good.

If anything, the beginning is the best part, imo.

There’s a few ok set pieces, but I found it sort of overlong and boring.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #22818 on: October 04, 2019, 12:14:00 AM »
Game is way too long for it's own good. The combat really wears itself thin pretty quickly.

It was ok. Some decent story. I don't have the same complaints you do riotius. I'm on board with video game's fascination with being tedious for the sake of story...........

as long as it looks pretty.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #22819 on: October 04, 2019, 06:12:06 AM »
I stopped playing GoW at the first Troll(?) fight. Like the first big boss battle.

I went into the game blind having only played the first back on ps2 and I am like..... isn't this supposed to be like devil may cry?

Yeah, Im sure the game is good if I stick with it but the presentation and the combat just threw me off initially.
Eeeh.
The cool set pieces are at the start, and the very end.
The rest is A LOT of walking (slowly) around the same areas, with some auto platforming and pre-school-level puzzles, between one combat arena and the other.
It's honestly incredibly boring in my opinion, but the combat can be decent fun once you have all the abilities, just not enough to actually win over the other mediocre parts of the game (and the enemy variety is kind of poor compared to other action games).

The story is also a wet fart in my opinion, and i don't understand how people got emotional with it.

I never liked God Of War in general, but at least the old ones had all those cinematic set pieces that kind of made me understand the appeal, this one is really puzzling to me.
It doesn't help that i don't even like the way it looks, technical marvel aside.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22820 on: October 04, 2019, 09:04:30 AM »

Haha yeah, it was just a fun little game and each map had hidden little secrets here and there. I had the elivra dlc and she would jiggle her boobs as one of her moves.

SCEI published this?  LOL, a lot has changed.  R.I.P. old Sony
:salute

ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #22821 on: October 04, 2019, 09:12:20 AM »
Hate the way God of War starts.. like I despise games that do that bullshit.   I truly do not understand who that crap entertains.. forcing you to basically watch unskipable cut-scenes in the form of long barely-interactive segments.   PRESS 0 TO PUT THE LOG ON THE BOAT... FUN!

You'll love the bit where you have to carry a pig.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22822 on: October 04, 2019, 11:07:06 AM »
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1180130477274996736

if you preorder on the rockstar launcher you get two free rockstar pc titles of your choice and a free upgrade to the "premium edition"

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #22823 on: October 04, 2019, 11:34:17 AM »
Not even a trailer for the PC announcement?  :yuck

I was actually waiting for the PC version to replay the game, but i'm not gonna buy it full price, let alone preorder.  ::)

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #22824 on: October 04, 2019, 11:51:13 AM »
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1180130477274996736

if you preorder on the rockstar launcher you get two free rockstar pc titles of your choice and a free upgrade to the "premium edition"

Salvation

Wonder how my GTX1080 will do. GTAV performance wasn’t anything write home about with it.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22825 on: October 04, 2019, 12:29:51 PM »
Hell yeah finally. Already have GTA V with them so I'll buy RDR2 there as well, fuck Epic shitstore.

Wonder how the performance is gonna be indeed.. Should be better than the base Xbox One at least on my pc (i7 4770, 1060gtx, 16gb ram?)
What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22826 on: October 04, 2019, 12:46:34 PM »
i dunno if i want to play it again so soon but when it's eventually super cheap i'll probably grab it. i enjoyed it on x1x and i don't have 4k or hdr on my pc but playing at 60fps would be real nice. i imagine input lag issues will be resolved too.

they say specs will be released on 10/9 so we'll find out then

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22827 on: October 04, 2019, 02:24:07 PM »
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #22828 on: October 04, 2019, 02:27:25 PM »
i dunno if i want to play it again so soon but when it's eventually super cheap i'll probably grab it. i enjoyed it on x1x and i don't have 4k or hdr on my pc but playing at 60fps would be real nice. i imagine input lag issues will be resolved too.

they say specs will be released on 10/9 so we'll find out then
I'm mostly curious about the visual improvements.
I doubt it'll be on the level of GTAV's, if anything because that had the advantage of jumping from ps360 to next gen, on top of PC.
Maybe it'll have ray tracing (though i wouldn't even use it, since i have 1060).

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22829 on: October 04, 2019, 02:37:54 PM »
It's already the best looking open world game out there. I could care less if it's the same detail as on PS4 just as long as it's in 60fps.
What

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #22830 on: October 04, 2019, 03:01:09 PM »
I’m wondering if mods could help with the input lag

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22831 on: October 04, 2019, 03:34:59 PM »
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #22832 on: October 04, 2019, 04:06:04 PM »
Living up to his "Old game = bad; New game = good" meme.  :teehee
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Though Breakpoint is genuinely bad, having played several hours of the betas.
[close]

Rahxephon91

« Reply #22833 on: October 04, 2019, 04:59:26 PM »
Man I miss Advanced Warfighter.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22834 on: October 04, 2019, 05:21:54 PM »
Ubisoft ruins most games/franchises these days and rapes them to death with microtransactions, forced open world and general bugginess. If they bring Splinter Cell back I'd imagine that'll how it go. Although Conviction and Blacklist weren't great SC games either. Blacklist was pretty cool though.

Although I must admit I am sort of enjoying AC:Odyssey but I have only played a few hours and got pretty bored already doing the same shit over and over. Nice visuals though. I'm a sucker for that historical shit.
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22835 on: October 04, 2019, 05:23:22 PM »

How did this happen  ???

Ubisoft ruins most games/franchises these days and rapes them to death with microtransactions, forced open world and general bugginess. If they bring Splinter Cell back I'd imagine that'll how it go. Although Conviction and Blacklist weren't great SC games either. Blacklist was pretty cool though.

Although I must admit I am sort of enjoying AC:Odyssey but I have only played a few hours and got pretty bored already doing the same shit over and over. Nice visuals though. I'm a sucker for that historical shit.
"Sam, we need you to infiltrate the Russian embassy and hack the server."

"Ok, let me get my night vision goggles"

"That'll be 500 OPS COINS"

"What?"

"I'm sorry Sam, we too have been hit by budget cuts"
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22836 on: October 04, 2019, 05:25:46 PM »
I don't know any of those websites.. well except IGN but you know..

What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #22837 on: October 04, 2019, 05:47:15 PM »

Wildlands was the best Ghost Recon since the first one.
People saying it's a bastardization of the franchise, have no idea what they're talking about, if they think Ghost Recon 2, already, wasn't a piece of shit.

I didn't even hate the GRAW games, but they certainly weren't pure tactical shooters either.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #22838 on: October 04, 2019, 07:18:39 PM »
Games press that slagged off Tropical Freeze at launch: "This is the best platformer since Tropical Freeze"

Yes, I'm still asshurt. Games press can't identify platformers for shit, will wait for user impressions.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #22839 on: October 04, 2019, 08:17:13 PM »
Games press that slagged off Tropical Freeze at launch: "This is the best platformer since Tropical Freeze"

Yes, I'm still asshurt. Games press can't identify platformers for shit, will wait for user impressions.
Eh. Meaningless sentiment, unless you're contrasting the same reviewer's past and present opinions.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes, I am grumpy.
Damn nerds. /shakefist
[close]

paprikastaude

« Reply #22840 on: October 04, 2019, 09:08:58 PM »
Tropical Donkey was extremely similar to the Wii game (whose 3DS port was released shortly prior) and came out at a time during which Nintendo was already whoring out generic 2d platformers at a record pace. It wasn't impressive at all at its time, but was destined to fare better in the future, when the other trash like New Mario U. and Yoshis Island 3DS would be forgotten and not tarnish the overall picture of these types of games.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #22841 on: October 04, 2019, 10:23:16 PM »
What I miss about GRAW was the awesome multiplayer. Big maps, 16 Players, no cover system stuff so you had to be aware at all times, and all the weapons available to you. I know the reality of games today means the days of no-progression are gone, but I don't understand why we can't get bigger player counts, objective focused game modes, and big maps these days in multiplayer games. I guess e-sports is better with small teams.

Future Soldier was really bad though.

« Reply #22842 on: October 04, 2019, 10:56:31 PM »

SCEI published this?  LOL, a lot has changed.  R.I.P. old Sony
:salute

lowkey best ps3 exclusive to me.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #22843 on: October 05, 2019, 01:10:57 AM »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #22844 on: October 05, 2019, 06:35:51 AM »
What I miss about GRAW was the awesome multiplayer. Big maps, 16 Players, no cover system stuff so you had to be aware at all times, and all the weapons available to you. I know the reality of games today means the days of no-progression are gone, but I don't understand why we can't get bigger player counts, objective focused game modes, and big maps these days in multiplayer games. I guess e-sports is better with small teams.

BTW Wildlands also doesn't have a cover system, you just croush/crawl behind stuff, which is another thing of Breakpoint i didn't like, implementing that sticky cover system, that's gonna be unreliable in an open world game.
Generally speaking, if in a shooter you can croush and go prone, you already have the best cover system you'll need.
When they try to implement a classic cover system method in an open world, they're just never gonna be able to flag every object.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #22845 on: October 05, 2019, 02:48:17 PM »

BTW Wildlands also doesn't have a cover system, you just croush/crawl behind stuff, which is another thing of Breakpoint i didn't like, implementing that sticky cover system, that's gonna be unreliable in an open world game.
Generally speaking, if in a shooter you can croush and go prone, you already have the best cover system you'll need.
When they try to implement a classic cover system method in an open world, they're just never gonna be able to flag every object.
Yeah that's part of the reason I was interested in Wild Lands. Seemed to be a return to what I liked about GRAW and the open world seemed cool.

But then I played it and I remembered why I don't like Ubisoft games. Just here's an open world filled with basically the same mission over and over and there's lots of it. Ubisoft open world games feel like busy work.

Then I found out Ghost War was coming out later and was simply 4 vs 4. Yeah that killed it for me.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #22846 on: October 05, 2019, 03:36:24 PM »
That is what Ghost Recon was to me, tbh.
I played a ton of GR1, and that game was essentially larger (open-ish) levels with little pockets of enemies, over and over.
Wildlands played in coop really scratched that itch, even though it wasn't quite as slow paced and tactical.

It was really a good arcade version of something like ArmA, for me, i just need some fort/encampment with baddies to shoot, not many other gimmicks to it.

Would've loved a mission editor on PC though.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #22847 on: October 05, 2019, 10:08:35 PM »

eleuin

• perennial loser

Svejk

« Reply #22849 on: October 07, 2019, 10:22:27 AM »
PS4 Remote Play coming this week for all Android and iOS users.   :rejoice  With bluetooth controller support too.
Only took them 5 years.   :rejoice

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22850 on: October 07, 2019, 03:07:40 PM »

©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22851 on: October 08, 2019, 01:59:23 PM »
Doom Eternal has been delayed to March 2020.

ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22852 on: October 08, 2019, 02:02:30 PM »
Maybe they are taking out the lootboxes and implementing TDM?

:lol

:'(
What

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22853 on: October 08, 2019, 02:08:49 PM »
dog

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22854 on: October 08, 2019, 02:10:44 PM »
in other news

"Do you guys not have oppressive, anti human-rights regimes?"
- Blizzard 2019

What

Chooky

« Reply #22855 on: October 08, 2019, 02:24:21 PM »
Doom Eternal has been delayed to March 2020.

(Image removed from quote.)

:mjcry

on the other hand, doom 64 is now a preorder bonus.

kingv

« Reply #22856 on: October 08, 2019, 02:40:25 PM »
The shade at not even mentioning the stadia version.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22857 on: October 08, 2019, 02:45:39 PM »
in other news

"Do you guys not have oppressive, anti human-rights regimes?"
- Blizzard 2019

What a great week for corporations bending the knee to China.
©@©™

paprikastaude

« Reply #22858 on: October 08, 2019, 02:57:51 PM »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #22859 on: October 09, 2019, 01:18:03 AM »
The triple whammy of Death Stranding, Star Wars, and Doom got ruined :goldberg
Margs