Author Topic: February NPD  (Read 19873 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: February NPD
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2010, 11:10:30 PM »
Well I'm playing Soul Silver now and my dick is thick and half erect. I'm jonesing for some animal slavery and it's working out just fine
fat

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2010, 12:09:22 AM »
Damn they're out already? Christ, I have too many games to play, and they're all incredibly time consuming :'(

Maybe I'll start up Heart Gold later and play some in between FF13 and Yakuza 3.
BiSH

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2010, 12:16:54 AM »
Not bad numbers

360 doing cool (though the others seems to have stock problems).

Heavy Rain actually made the fucking top 10  :o, thought the game was gonna bomb epically (other posters thought this as well).

Bioshock 2 PS3  :lol , i guess a year after with a piece of shit version has killed PS3 sales potential

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2010, 12:33:45 AM »
@PhoenixDark If a console isn't on shelves then it can't sell even if a big game is released for it.

Also, I would be very surprised if GOW III manages to outsell the heavy hitters of March (Pokemon, FF, Battlefield. )

a new pokemon is coming out? i'm so behind the loop

actualy it's a remake of the second pokemon
did i mention that pokemon is one of the worst thing to happen to videogame ever?

By worst you meant to say revolutionary.

I've never played a Pokemon game. Fuck the revolution.
野球

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2010, 12:39:08 AM »
@PhoenixDark If a console isn't on shelves then it can't sell even if a big game is released for it.

Also, I would be very surprised if GOW III manages to outsell the heavy hitters of March (Pokemon, FF, Battlefield. )

did i mention that pokemon is one of the worst thing to happen to videogame ever?

:o

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2010, 01:03:44 AM »

I only played Platinum because some of my students had it and I could trade Pokeymon with them.
PS4

TripleA

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2010, 01:03:56 AM »
Not bad numbers

360 doing cool (though the others seems to have stock problems).

Heavy Rain actually made the fucking top 10  :o, thought the game was gonna bomb epically (other posters thought this as well).

Bioshock 2 PS3  :lol , i guess a year after with a piece of shit version has killed PS3 sales potential

Heavy Rains performance in NA is indeed surprising, it seems Sony should have put more marketing muscle behind it.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2010, 01:11:50 AM »
Have they ever explained why there is a supply problem with the PS3?

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2010, 01:23:14 AM »

:o

It shouldn't be that surprising. I was in high school when the series came out in the states, I wasn't part of the target demographic.
野球

Damian79

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2010, 01:31:46 AM »
Actually, Pokemon died for me when I learned about effort points.

You know that bullshit about levelling up with rare candies isn't as many stat points as regular battles? That's because there's TWO ways to get stats.

1) Levelling up (Which is also affected by their demeanor or whatever bullshit modifier that they made up)
2) Effort points

EVERY monster you fight adds to your Pokemon's effort points and every 10 or so, they equal a real stat point, up to 255 points spread out amongst all stats.
So you can control what stats your pokemon gets higher in by fighting certain pokemon over and over. (IE: Fight an Onyx to get +2 HP Effort Points)
It recalculates those stat points every time you level up or put your Pokemon into the PC.

Once I realized I had that much control over that bullshit, I gave up on the game. I realized 'training' a pokemon meant actually picking certain creatures for it to fight until I maxed out the effort AND level.

It is the reverse for me, once i learned abotu effort points i was more entusiastic about hte game.  It makes pokemone with poor stat growth viable.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2010, 01:57:47 AM »

It's made in the same factory as Mario Kart, and it burned down

TripleA

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2010, 02:00:41 AM »

It's made in the same factory as Mario Kart, and it burned down

:'( :'( :'(

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2010, 03:43:37 AM »
I want a Pokemon game with MMOesque qualities. Like, you can interact with other players in towns, form parties and journey out into the wild together, enter giant tournaments, become badge trainers, etc  :'(

Himu

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2010, 03:47:36 AM »
i haven't played a pokemon game since blue.

and i'm seriously considering getting silver.

I haven't played a traditional jrpg in a while.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2010, 04:34:01 AM »
fuckin nintendo  :'(

Making it sort of like Guild Wars would be pretty sweet. It wouldn't be a full blown mmo either, and you could even create your own particular "server" that could house you and just your friends (up to 50) if you wanted to.

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2010, 08:48:40 AM »
pokemon mmo might topple wow due to all the little kiddies* playing it.

*and the older people who play pokemon
XDF

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2010, 08:58:54 AM »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2010, 09:39:06 AM »
Did Dante's Inferno even make back what they spent on the Super Bowl advertisement?

Too bad Nintendosbooger ain't around now, I wanna see him spin the Wii sales.

And I've never played any Pokemon game for more than 10 minutes, either. Which is weird since I love turn-based systems so much.
^_^

archie4208

« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2010, 09:48:36 AM »
Pokemon would be much better if the battles were 10 times faster and EVs/IVs were more transparent and easier to train (grinding Zubats for an hour is not fun!)

cool breeze

« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2010, 11:27:56 AM »
I haven't actually enjoyed a Pokemon game since Blue/Red/Yellow.  I bought the first GBA and first DS series but never played more than 10 hours.

I think the best way to change the games is to have up to 3 vs 3 battles and steal the Grandia battle system.  I want to pull off things like using Squirtle to soak an enemy, then follow that up by having Pikachu zap that enemy for extra combo damage. 

GoofyGoober

« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »
I wonder what the PSPGo numbers are. PSP as a platform seems dead.

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2010, 01:50:03 PM »
Just Dance for the Wii saw its sales INCREASE over last month, about a 70% jump.
what the hell?

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2010, 01:54:49 PM »

Heh,AVP(combined)>Heavy Movie

8)
cat

archie4208

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2010, 02:01:50 PM »
Look at those legs on MAG. :smug

dark1x

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2010, 02:05:28 PM »
Happy to see the Wii starting to slide down.

Not sure why the PS3 is this forums whipping boy, though.  The hate is thick enough that you can almost slice it with a knife.  I just can't figure it out.

All platforms did well, really, only the Wii is showing signs of slowing down (the numbers are still high, but not as high as they had been).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 02:07:41 PM by dark1x »

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »
PS3 gets a lot of hate because Sony, despite having some interesting games, has behaved like a distinguished mentally-challenged allosaur for years now with their product management, and the M :-\ VE / R  :-\ :-\ M / H  :-\ ME isn't helping.

hex

Robo

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2010, 02:12:47 PM »
Just Dance for the Wii saw its sales INCREASE over last month, about a 70% jump.
what the hell?

It kinda seems like these sort of left field successes on the Wii stem from someone buying the game, whipping it out at a party or something ("Hey, check out this NEW SHIT I got for Wii", which presumably illicits the response "oh god not again well alright"), the rest of the group liking it and picking it up for themselves a week or so later, and having this sort of phenomenon occurring en masse.
obo

M3wThr33

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2010, 02:16:41 PM »
562/192 is not 10:1 for Bioshock.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2010, 02:17:53 PM »
Wii sold almost 4 million in December and it will definitely sell millions next holiday.

My theory is that Wii has become some uber-casual system that "limps" in normal months,but absolutely explodes during holidays.
cat

TripleA

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2010, 02:18:04 PM »

Not sure why the PS3 is this forums whipping boy, though.  The hate is thick enough that you can almost slice it with a knife.  I just can't figure it out.

All platforms did well, really, only the Wii is showing signs of slowing down (the numbers are still high, but not as high as they had been).

We'll see how much the Wii is 'sliding' after the console is readily available across multiple retailers.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2010, 02:22:47 PM »
There is no Bioshock on the chart :P
cat

duckman2000

« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2010, 02:25:41 PM »

Both PS3 and apparently Wii were supply constrained. I sold off my used PS3 for around retail value, took less than an hour. no one here seems to know why it was in short supply, though.

As for the hate, it's a groupthink troll forum with a unfortunate amount of 4th tier fanboys, what do you expect?

M3wThr33

« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2010, 02:29:42 PM »
But you posted that NPD chart with it down the top 20.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2010, 02:33:40 PM »
But you posted that NPD chart with it down the top 20.
Bioshock 2
cat

Draft

« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2010, 02:52:30 PM »

Because there is nothing funnier on a game forum than riled up Sony fans.

Nothing. You freaks blew past Nintendo fans years ago.

TripleA

« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2010, 03:01:48 PM »

Very sad.

Robo

« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2010, 03:09:54 PM »
Time to lock thread.
obo

Draft

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2010, 03:17:26 PM »

Very sad.

:-\

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2010, 03:55:19 PM »
reasons the ps3 is the forum whipping boy:

1) its fans
2) weaker than 360
3) worse library than 360
4) its fans
5) its fans
6) its the easiest to troll

spoiler (click to show/hide)
i troll it because of sony fans' sense of entitlement
[close]

« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 03:59:44 PM by Professor Prole »
duc

Himu

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2010, 04:00:06 PM »
ps3 fantards are beyond saving. Killzone sucks, assholes.
IYKYK

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2010, 04:03:15 PM »
never get attached to a console or brand, fegs
duc

duckman2000

« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2010, 04:03:21 PM »

EB can do this in a vacuum. So that's not it. Mediocre and automated troll-fu seems more likely.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »

EB can do this in a vacuum. So that's not it. Mediocre and automated troll-fu seems more likely.

u mad
duc

Himu

« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2010, 04:04:42 PM »
never get attached to a console or brand, distinguished effete fellows

agreed.
IYKYK

TripleA

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2010, 04:05:46 PM »

Very sad.

:-\

:'(

Himu

« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2010, 04:06:59 PM »
I don't really troll the PS3 but I do find platform specific fanatics to be one of the most cretinous and embarrassing byproducts of the gaming industry.

fixed.
IYKYK

duckman2000

« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2010, 04:07:41 PM »
I don't really troll the PS3 but I do find Sony fanatics to be one of the most cretinous and embarrassing byproducts of the gaming industry.

Right, but come on now. The resident x-mind is mighty quick to go into self-congratulatory chants about the power of not taking shit seriously, but as soon as a bonehard fanboy of the other sort finds its way here, the same dudes go into hissyfits and demand lepering and bans. In his short time here, Wollan caused less of a fanboy stink here than the average xtard does in a day, but you couldn't tell that from the reception.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:11:24 PM by duckman2000 »

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2010, 04:11:33 PM »
how many XBAWX RAWX posts/threads have you seen that weren't created solely for the purpose of trolling a hysterical sony/nintendo fanthing

anyone real here knows all three consoles are shit, and that this is a shit generation
duc

Himu

« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2010, 04:13:58 PM »
I don't really troll the PS3 but I do find platform specific fanatics to be one of the most cretinous and embarrassing byproducts of the gaming industry.

fixed.

Yeah that's more accurate. I still find PS3 fans to be far more offensive but my ire is largely based on the overall fanatical devotion to a particular platform.

I'm a fan of the ps3, it's a good system. But there's a line between fan and fanatic. Some of these people are really really pushing it on the fanatic part.

And I find the wii fanatics to be more grating partly because they're rooting for Nintendo and gloating that Nintendo's number one, when what it took to get Nintendo back to number one was acting like their core fanbase no longer exists. So they end up cheering when Wii Fit or whatever sell well. At least the ps3 tards are rooting for GAMES (in some cases).
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2010, 04:14:55 PM »
I don't really troll the PS3 but I do find Sony fanatics to be one of the most cretinous and embarrassing byproducts of the gaming industry.

Right, but come on now. The resident x-mind is mighty quick to go into self-congratulatory chants about the power of not taking shit seriously, but as soon as a bonehard fanboy of the other sort finds its way here, the same dudes go into hissyfits and demand lepering and bans. In his short time here, Wollan caused less of a fanboy stink here than the average xtard does in a day, but you couldn't tell that from the reception.

I'm a big Sony supporter, so is Jinfash and Distant, and we keep it civil and role with the punches.

Although I must admit, I do like starting a ruckus for shits and giggles, but the other dudes do too. It's a cycle, and if they can't deal with it, leave.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:18:37 PM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2010, 04:17:51 PM »
What's humorous is that I notice some people who get mad when you troll the PS3 but they don't mind doing their own trolling of the Wii. Just saying.

Let's be honest. The real reason there is a lot more trolling of the PS3 here is because this site is a reaction to NeoGAF in a lot of ways. And there are an incredible number of PS3 fanboys on GAF. More than the other systems on a purely anecdotal level.

As far as the actual system itself its fine. It has good games. Good graphics, etc. I don't own one but I have nothing against the system. Early in the gen it was too expensive, had too few games, and a shitty online (which is improved but still not great imo). Most of those issues have either been addressed or lessened in importance so I feel no desire to troll the system although I admit I often like to troll the more excessive fans of the system. But honestly most of those people are still over on GAF so there often isn't even a lot of point in that since I don't post over there anymore.

Draft

« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2010, 04:19:11 PM »
PC.

The brandless platform :bow

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2010, 04:20:28 PM »
PC.

mac > pc

duckman2000

« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2010, 04:20:48 PM »
EB is a forum full of hypocrites and self professed nerdling experts, I'm well aware of that. Just gotta ride the jokes.

For sure, and that's what makes it a good place as far as I'm concerned. The hypocritical upper crust, that's the creed. But for such a community, it seems a bit too easily rattled. The whole Wollan thing was borderline GAF-like, and nintendosbooger getting lepered to the cheer of the community was definitely of the GAF sort.

And there are an incredible number of PS3 fanboys on GAF. More than the other systems on a purely anecdotal level.

Yeah, because everyone else went off to create their own forums!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:23:22 PM by duckman2000 »

Himu

« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2010, 04:21:27 PM »
PC.

mac > pc

Now that mac has steam is there ANY reason to own a pc? :teehee
IYKYK

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2010, 04:24:49 PM »
PC.

mac > pc

NOT THAT I CAN SEE.  Mac just stole a huuuuuuge exclusive from Microsoft and PC fans should really start to question their allegiance. 

Unibody design, better ventilation/heat distribution, glass trackpad with mouse gestures, faster to load programs, less updates, no viruses, no blue screen of death etc.  It may be more expensive, but you're getting quality over quantity.  Who would want to spend so much on a PC that's just going to break or get viruses? 

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2010, 04:24:58 PM »
EB is a forum full of hypocrites and self professed nerdling experts, I'm well aware of that. Just gotta ride the jokes.

For sure, and that's what makes it a good place as far as I'm concerned. The hypocritical upper crust, that's the creed. But for such a community, it seems a bit too easily rattled. The whole Wollan thing was borderline GAF-like, and nintendosbooger getting lepered to the cheer of the community was definitely of the GAF sort.

That Nintendo dude was lame. And I even consider myself something of a Wii defender to a degree. One of my pet peeves about GAF is how the shitty 10% of the community dictates over half the conversation flow in any given thread or on the forum as a whole. The best thing about bore over GAF is the lesser amount of moderation. But at times you have someone like nintendosbooger who comes in and wants to be a primma donna and draw all sorts of attention to himself just to do it. That's lame.

I won't comment on Wollan since I wasn't here at the time.

Draft

« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2010, 04:28:20 PM »
PC.

mac > pc
Both PCs :bow

Gaming without borders :bow

Himu

« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2010, 04:29:44 PM »
PC.

mac > pc

NOT THAT I CAN SEE.  Mac just stole a huuuuuuge exclusive from Microsoft and PC fans should really start to question their allegiance. 

Unibody design, better ventilation/heat distribution, glass trackpad with mouse gestures, faster to load programs, less updates, no viruses, no blue screen of death etc.  It may be more expensive, but you're getting quality over quantity.  Who would want to spend so much on a PC that's just going to break or get viruses? 

Haha. I was partly kidding. As much as I like my mac laptop, it's really just my Final Cut machine.
IYKYK

duckman2000

« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2010, 04:30:59 PM »
Final Cut is for toadfuckers