Author Topic: Forget it, Kosma. It's Chinatown.  (Read 72646 times)

twerd

• Twilight Nerd LOL
Forget it, Kosma. It's Chinatown.
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2009, 02:44:42 AM »
it's not rape if you make great movies.
wut

Jansen

« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2009, 10:39:54 AM »
i'm somewhat dumbfounded by this thread. i simply cannot believe kosma attempted to defend a rapist

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2009, 10:50:16 AM »
Kosma writes for the Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joan-z-shore/polanskis-arrest-shame-on_b_301134.html?page=2

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-farr/leniency-for-polanski_b_301269.html

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

It's times like this that I hate bleeding heart liberals.

I've heard a lot of "but - hey - the case is so old that arresting this man is silly!" and "have we forgotten how difficult Roman Polanski's life was?"

... Also, who is spreading this crap that he served his time? He was sentenced to psychiatric evaluation for 90 days. He was released after 48. When it looked like the judge was going to send him back for the remaining 42 days, he fled to France.
PSP

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2009, 11:24:04 AM »
The 13-year old model "seduced" by Polanski had been thrust onto him by her mother, who wanted her in the movies.

poor Polanski   :'(

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2009, 11:26:46 AM »
 :lol
PSP

Barry Egan

« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2009, 11:33:02 AM »
I like how the second editorial defending a rapist, written by John Farr, awkwardly segues in to a brief summary of Polanski's films and than ends with: 

For over 2,000 more outstanding titles on DVD, visit www.bestmoviesbyfarr.com.

This guy knows how to capitalize!

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2009, 11:34:01 AM »
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2009, 11:46:37 AM »
I am going to wear one that says, "SUPPORT TEENAGE RAPE!"
PSP

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2009, 11:57:23 AM »
I am going to wear one that says, "SUPPORT TEENAGE RAPE!"

That should be on the backside of the one above.
brb

Barry Egan

« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2009, 12:07:50 PM »
Green Man you should write an article defending Polanski so you can get a plug for your vg blog.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2009, 12:22:17 PM »
Green, screw the high ground. Here's your thesis for the article: A 44-year old powerful director, who could make or break careers, was absolutely powerless against this cunning--and slutty . . . oh so slutty--13-year-old girl.

Go!

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2009, 12:35:53 PM »
Given that Jews have been rather successful in getting criminals (read: conscripts) extradited for trial 60 years after the crimes were committed, this seems fairly benign.

Barry Egan

« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2009, 01:04:24 PM »
Green, screw the high ground. Here's your thesis for the article: A 44-year old powerful director, who could make or break careers, was absolutely powerless against this cunning--and slutty . . . oh so slutty--13-year-old girl.

Go!

Yup, then all you need to do is end the article with a short list of famous videogame rapes (Col. Custard, Pyramid Head, generic hentai title etc.) and a URL to your site.  Bulletproof.

twerd

• Twilight Nerd LOL
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2009, 01:05:52 PM »
I wonder when Iraqis and Afghanis will be able to prosecute US soldiers

oh wait double standard!

yes, because crimes and civilian casualties in a war zone are the same as rape in california.
wut

Barry Egan

« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2009, 01:08:38 PM »
:rock

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2009, 01:08:46 PM »
I'll write an article for you.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2009, 01:17:09 PM »
It won't be about games, though.
PSP

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2009, 01:34:15 PM »

oh wait double standard!

don't hate the player, hate the game yo

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2009, 01:37:37 PM »

oh wait double standard!
:wtf

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2009, 01:44:27 PM »
Actually, this is mostly for Kosma:

Samantha Geimer fulfills 32-year-old diabolical scheme against unsuspecting director, Roman Polanski

ZURICH, SWITZERLAND (AP) - Zurich police apprehended 76-year-old Roman Polanski on Saturday, set to be extradited to the United States as part of Samantha Geimer's decades old plot to seduce and discredit the Polish director.

Geimer hatched her fiendish plan the summer of 1977, when she plead with the emotionally crippled director for a private photography session, preferably inside actor Jack Nicholson's vacant and seedy mansion.

Polanski reluctantly agreed when Geimer, then 13-years-old, had her mother approach the director and tell Polanski that it was her daughter's dream to be photographed by the 44-year-old man for the French edition of Vogue.

Things quickly got out of hand when Geimer asked Polanski to "make yourself comfortable" as she began to change into very provocative wardrobe.

The mood intensified after Geimer told to the director to fetch them two glasses of champagne to celebrate their session together. When questioned about her age, Geimer informed the shy, timid director that she was "old enough".

Polanski returned to find the underage siren topless in a jacuzzi, bubbles barely concealing her naked flesh. The stunned, sweaty old man stood in disbelief as Geimer told Polanski that he should "come inside" and "that the water feels great". Noticeably shaken, the frail director approached the pool, when Geimer offered Polanski a quaalude she had purchased off a street corner.

Polanski, a naive homebody, asked Geimer what the pill was.

"Oh, it's just a vitamin, silly boy," said Geimer according to court documents. She then proceeded to trail her seductive finger down Polanski's chest, telling him that the pill would make him feel "really, really good".

Polanski woke up the next day in a groggy state of undress with the police at his door, after Geimer submitted a false statement accusing the Polish director of rape.

Sources say that Polanski, who has made several pretty awesome films, did not have the capacity to resist Geimer's wily charms after enduring the tragic murder of his wife and the loss of his mother at the hands of the Nazis.

As Polanski's trial appeared to shift in his favor, the depraved teenage girl threatened to turn the proceedings into a media circus and "turn [Polanski's] life upside down." Polanski, obviously fueled by flashbacks of Nazi Europe, fled to Europe to avoid persecution.

Polanski lived in a constant state of fear for decades, even as he remarried and had children, that Geimer would reemerge and taunt the shy director with even more allegations.

His nightmare came true in 1997, when Geimer filed a civil suit suing the director for millions. Polanski settled out of court for an unknown amount, but Geimer promised the director over a pixelated AOL webcam chat that she would "not be ignored".

Sometime afterwards, Geimer discreetly formed the Zurich Film Festival in 2004, with public founder Karl Spoerri acting as her proxy. After several years, Geimer's ruse to lure Polanski to the festival with the promise of a life time achievement award finally came to fruition.

French and Polish officials, who are big fans of The Pianist (and even The Ninth Gate), have argued that Polanski should be released because his films are admittedly "pretty good".

"I mean, did you hear about his new movie?" asked one French official, "It's going to star Ewan McGreggor and Pierce Brosnan! If that doesn't warrant a pass, then I don't know what does."
PSP

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2009, 01:50:54 PM »
Polanski, obviously fueled by flashbacks of Nazi Europe, fled to Europe to avoid persecution.

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2009, 01:55:14 PM »
Kosma to go on the next indefensible, topic 'raping of pre-teen girls'
hex

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2009, 01:59:08 PM »
Kosma uses a formula to objectively determine the minimum age for a girl to be fair game:

1)  Subtract 40 from your own age.

2)  That's it.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2009, 02:17:58 PM »
Willco :rofl
dog

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2009, 02:47:15 PM »
His nightmare came true in 1997, when Geimer filed a civil suit suing the director for millions. Polanski settled out of court for an unknown amount, but Geimer promised the director over a pixelated AOL webcam chat that she would "not be ignored".

Master stroke.

All this comedic recounting of tales reminds me of Matlock's Olimario IRC breakdown on GAF. Can anybody link that thread? It's ages old.
SRY

treythemovie

« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2009, 04:08:37 PM »
What I want to know is who is pushing for this so much. I mean almost 30 years of the US not even trying to get Polanski and now they go fullthrottle after him? Its apparently not the victim herself pushing for his arrest, so who? Is there really someone who hates Polanski's films just that much in the US attorney's office?

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2009, 04:09:25 PM »
What I want to know is who is pushing for this so much. I mean almost 30 years of the US not even trying to get Polanski and now they go fullthrottle after him? Its apparently not the victim herself pushing for his arrest, so who? Is there really someone who hates Polanski's films just that much in the US attorney's office?

Probably a district attorney that wants to get some publicity before they run for Congress.
yar

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2009, 04:11:38 PM »

They've always tried to arrest him. That's the reason why he won't go to Britain or a number of countries that have extradition treaties in place with the United States.

The only difference is that this event was well publicized, so the district attorney's office was able to get everything in place. He's never announced his visits to Switzerland before, and the Swiss don't check passports thoroughly from other European residents.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2009, 04:15:55 PM »
Actually, they don't - France never extradites its citizens.

The country has denied every US request to extradite Polanski. :lol

EDIT: Let me rephrase that, they do not have an extradition treaty in regards to its own citizens.
PSP

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2009, 04:16:20 PM »
Kosma uses a formula to objectively determine the minimum age for a girl to be fair game:

1)  Subtract 40 from your own age.

2)  That's it.

lool
fat

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2009, 04:16:47 PM »
I'm going to start spreading this around.

there's enough unfunny shit polluting the internet without spamming that
dap

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2009, 04:17:09 PM »
http://i38.tinypic.com/71gqqe.jpg

I'm going to start spreading this around.

You probably shouldnt have used AA'd font then... and something like Arial
fat

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2009, 04:20:22 PM »
I think we can all agree that the eventual result of a pedophile getting 30 year old prison rape is cool.  There's no problem with that.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2009, 04:20:34 PM »
Also worth noting, when Polanski tried to have the charges dismissed against him overseas, the judge said he could not do so without appearing in front of the court - but he also said there was serious misconduct in his original trial.

If Polanski would have manned up and resolved it then, he probably would've fared better.
PSP

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2009, 05:45:45 PM »
Leper all Polacks
Ban Malek

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2009, 05:59:07 PM »
Pepper all Lolacks
Man Balek

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2009, 07:06:17 PM »
Haha, Kosma has resorted to defending Polanski on GAF, where he can shout down people with bleeding liberal heart support. :lol

My favorite Kosma line is that if Poland and France are defending Polanski, something is obviously wrong with America! :lol
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2009, 07:14:17 PM »
Holy shit, Salon just tore you a new asshole, Kosma. Every apologist article just got annihilated.
PSP

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2009, 07:14:51 PM »
I still say that the girl knew was she was getting into and probably got drunk by herself, people always believe the "victim" in these sort of situations.
Drunk

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2009, 07:18:18 PM »
That article is biased; it didn't list a single one of his directorial credits.

Roman Polanski instructed her to get into a jacuzzi naked, refused to take her home when she begged to go, began kissing her even though she said no and asked him to stop; performed cunnilingus on her as she said no and asked him to stop; put his penis in her vagina as she said no and asked him to stop; asked if he could penetrate her anally, to which she replied, "No," then went ahead and did it anyway, until he had an orgasm.

sure, everything looks bad in print.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2009, 07:21:50 PM »
if he got busted molesting her a day after it happened, it would be a uniform "send his ass to jail."  but somehow, if 30 years pass and that makes it okay.  smh

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2009, 07:24:58 PM »
if he got busted molesting her a day after it happened, it would be a uniform "send his ass to jail."  but somehow, if 30 years pass and that makes it okay.  smh

bububububu China Town.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2009, 07:34:39 PM »
It's a shame Roman Polanski isn't black; he'd be getting defended left and right.
yar

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2009, 07:34:43 PM »
I still say that the girl knew was she was getting into and probably got drunk by herself, people always believe the "victim" in these sort of situations.

::)
PSP

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2009, 07:36:52 PM »
Holy shit, Salon just tore you a new asshole, Kosma. Every apologist article just got annihilated.

Apologists owned.

Anybody posted this on GAF yet?
dog

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2009, 07:42:20 PM »

bubububu he made some movies that I liked!
🍆🍆

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2009, 07:44:16 PM »

bubububu he made some movies that I liked!

If a few children need to be raped to produce great cinema, then so be it.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #168 on: September 28, 2009, 07:48:51 PM »
Eric P and Willco on Roman Polanski

<Willco> The outcry over Polanski's arrest is pretty ridiculous.
<Eric P> i think he should be tried but then i think that crimes against children are pretty horrific
<Eric P> though i have no problem with kids getting shot in the face on film
<Willco> ... Strange, neither do I.
PSP

Diunx

« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2009, 07:49:43 PM »
She was a teenager not a child.
Drunk

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #170 on: September 28, 2009, 07:56:39 PM »
<Eric P> i don't even know what to say to that

Eric P sums up my thoughts exactly. Considering the legal term for a child is a minor, being a teenager and a child are one in the same. If you're arguing that the puberty afforded the 13-year-old girl a level of maturity that allows you to condone Roman Polanski's actions, well then, I hope you never have a child.
PSP

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #171 on: September 28, 2009, 07:59:39 PM »
Diunx on age-of-consent laws: If it bleeds, you can fuck it.

Diunx

« Reply #172 on: September 28, 2009, 08:01:57 PM »
I'm not talking about legal terms, she was a 13 years old model, she agreed to go to the photoshoot even after Polanski had her change her clothes in front of him, all I'm saying is that she knew exactly was she was getting into and Polanski just took her a step farther than she was expecting.
Drunk

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #173 on: September 28, 2009, 08:04:31 PM »
She was a teenager not a child.

I know.  Thirteen is so obviously different from twelve.

We should totally set the age of consent* by using the etymology of our number-words.  If the dead tongues of Old English and High German don't hold the key to unlocking this mystery, what does?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
*Age of consent is kind of am misleading term, since she was forcibly raped.  So people are really arguing for an age of non-consent, after which point you're on your own and I hope you brought pepper spray.
[close]

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »
I'm not talking about legal terms, she was a 13 years old model, she agreed to go to the photoshoot even after Polanski had her change her clothes in front of him, all I'm saying is that she knew exactly was she was getting into and Polanski just took her a step farther than she was expecting.
Right she was expecting to be photographed, but instead she was drugged and raped. "A STEP FARTHER"

Diunx

« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2009, 08:14:27 PM »
Right she was expecting to be photographed, but instead she was drugged and raped. "A STEP FARTHER"

I doubt that she was expecting to just be photographed after polanski asked her to change her clothes in front of him during the first session.
Drunk

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #176 on: September 28, 2009, 08:17:55 PM »

I doubt that she was expecting to just be photographed after polanski asked her to change her clothes in front of him during the first session.

Let's assume that she suspected that he might try to rape her. Now, what does this support, exactly?

Diunx

« Reply #177 on: September 28, 2009, 08:20:12 PM »
Who knows, all I'm saying is that she wasn't the innocent little girl that everyone seems to think she was.
Drunk

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2009, 08:23:58 PM »
Who knows, all I'm saying is that she wasn't the innocent little girl that everyone seems to think she was.
okay
Now let us assume that she was a worldly 13 year-old, with an IQ of 220, who snorted coke off of women's naked bodies. How is any of that relevant?

She couldn't legally consent to sex.
Even if she could, she didn't.

Barry Egan

« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2009, 08:25:42 PM »

No one is shocked by the fact that 13 year old girls are hungry for dick.  Everyone who's been thirteen themselves knows this.  It's totally besides the point.