Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 354460 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Samurai Warriors 4 Empires Announced
« Reply #1800 on: June 02, 2015, 02:19:45 PM »
I'm often in awe at how absolutely solid Koei's niche for both main Warriors series is that they can go constantly go "Main game > Expansion > Empires" for almost every entry without missing a beat.

This one is like main game > spin-off #1 (Chronicles) > remake of main game > spin-off  #2 (Empires)  :lol

Sengoku Musou 4 Empires just got announced.  PS3/PS4/Vita.  The Koei train doesn't stop.

Any reports on features? sengoku musou 4 sucked donkey balls but there is hope for Empires

1. YOU CRAZY

2. I think most of your complaints were addressed in 4-2 anyway.  I dunno if they've said anything about game features.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1801 on: June 02, 2015, 02:39:40 PM »
Naw it was trash

What did 4-II add?
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1802 on: June 02, 2015, 02:44:13 PM »
Naw it was trash

:punch :punch :punch

What did 4-II add?

Hyper attacks will be more effective when ally morale is high. Certain areas on the battlefield are fortified to inhibit these attacks.
    Enemy AI has been further reworked to match the player character's movements. Maps appear to have friendlier camera work for horse riding than before.
    Stats and personal skills can be learned for each character by using experience points on a grid in a manner resembling Conquest Mode.
    Character attributes receive a special boost if equipped armaments share the same attributes. It is possible to surpass maximum capacity for weapons and so forth in this title.
    War scrolls can be used to instantly implement weapon skills onto a weapon. The pace for adding skills have been altered. New skills are included in the game.
    Mounts can be strengthened to have additional attributes.
    Edit characters from the vanilla title can be transferred into this game through save data. They can be used in Free Mode and Infinite Castle Mode.
    Offline and online co-op is available for all modes.
    Event scenes have rotatable 3D backdrops and revised special effects.
    Downloadable content so far includes costumes.

Disregarding the edit characters, players cannot directly transfer their Samurai Warriors 4 save data into this game; having it at the start of their game rewards 10,000 gold and all twenty war scrolls.

Playable character debuting in this entry:

Naomasa Ii

Stages

New stages include:

Kuzegawa
    Honzugawa Gate
    Kizugawa
    Kai Province
    Koshu

Story Mode reverts to a style reminiscent to previous titles with thirteen character centric stories. Each chapter has a distinguished protagonist with partner interactions different from the vanilla title. Players are still free to choose whoever they desire for the five stages seen in each narrative.

Infinite Castle Mode

Fusion of previous games' Survival and Challenge Modes. It is split into two sub-headings: Main and Annex. Both regulate players to one character.

Main is a survival based experience. Complete various objectives on each floor to proceed up the castle. Enemies become stronger on higher levels yet they drop better rewards if defeated. Players can quit the castle climb by choosing the escape option available every ten levels.

Annex is the challenge section with four selections available.

Warrior Room - Defeat as many enemies as possible within the time limit.
    Gold Room - Hit enemies to collect a mountain of gold before time runs out.
    Tempest Room - Race for record time whilst avoiding or stopping any obstacles in the way.
    Deathmatch Room - High difficulty room where enemies can instantly kill players in a single hit. Complete the other three rooms with a certain score to unlock.

Players can post their rankings online and compete for high scores. War scrolls can be easily purchased in this mode's shop.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1803 on: June 02, 2015, 03:28:47 PM »
"Hyper attacks will be more effective when ally morale is high. Certain areas on the battlefield are fortified to inhibit these attacks."

But it's almost impossible to make your morale low.

The only real improvement I'm seeing in that list is infinite castle. :yeshrug maybe longer stories but that's not a guarantee just because there's more maps. On the other hand, character based story mode fits samurai warriors more than clan based.

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1804 on: June 02, 2015, 04:07:02 PM »
"Hyper attacks will be more effective when ally morale is high. Certain areas on the battlefield are fortified to inhibit these attacks."

But it's almost impossible to make your morale low.

Changed-up game.

The only real improvement I'm seeing in that list is infinite castle. :yeshrug maybe longer stories but that's not a guarantee just because there's more maps. On the other hand, character based story mode fits samurai warriors more than clan based.

It's not really "character-based stories."  It's still pretty similar to how SW4 worked, but there's more story routes now.  Infinite Castle is pretty fucking awesome.  They ripped it right out of SW3 Chronicles though.   :lol  Basically SW4-II is a reworking of SW4 and it feels less like an XL version.  I'd probably pass on it if you didn't like SW4 and/or had your fill with the first game.

I mean, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 is out in August and is pretty awesome.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1805 on: June 02, 2015, 04:56:33 PM »
SW4 made me all musou'd out

Next musou for me is dw8e
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1806 on: June 02, 2015, 10:44:09 PM »
SW4 made me all musou'd out

Next musou for me is dw8e

What are you waiting for?  That's been out for a little while...
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1807 on: June 02, 2015, 10:47:27 PM »
meh.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1808 on: June 03, 2015, 08:40:08 AM »
:ufup
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1809 on: June 04, 2015, 10:38:21 AM »
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1810 on: June 10, 2015, 10:53:52 AM »
Hyrule Warriors 3DS

fat

archie4208

« Reply #1811 on: June 10, 2015, 11:03:47 AM »
 :zzz

Give me HW2.

Himu

« Reply #1812 on: June 10, 2015, 11:14:29 AM »
How are those graphics for 3ds possible
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1814 on: June 11, 2015, 08:35:13 AM »
How are those graphics for 3ds possible

Looks like it could be cel-shaded possibly?  Or whatever it is that Smash 3DS does.  Looks pretty impressive though.  On par or better than One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 and 3 on Vita.
ど助平

eleuin

• perennial loser
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Samurai Warriors 4 Empires, Hyrule Warriors 3DS
« Reply #1815 on: July 01, 2015, 10:06:09 PM »
Bork did you buy SWC3

I'm enjoying it, just wished they'd let you know who was in your party before you start a mission

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Samurai Warriors 4 Empires, Hyrule Warriors 3DS
« Reply #1816 on: July 02, 2015, 01:53:17 AM »
Bork did you buy SWC3

I'm enjoying it, just wished they'd let you know who was in your party before you start a mission

Yeah, downloaded but haven't had a chance to try it yet.  Plan on messing around with it during the exceedingly long travel time that I'll have tomorrow on the way back to the States.  Gotta be almost a full day of straight travel.   :-\
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Sengoku Basara 4 Out 7/24 - PUT YA GUNS ON
« Reply #1817 on: July 19, 2015, 08:33:45 PM »

Basara 4 Sumeragi is out this week.  I switched up my pre-order to the PS4 Limited Edition, since it comes with all the DLC outfits.  They now have outfits from Street Fighter, Biohazard, PRORESU, Monster Hunter, and the new Tales Of game.  The LE comes with them all.
ど助平

Bebpo

Really enjoying One Piece Musou 3.  As a musou game it's kind of average, not the best, not the worst playing.  But as a One Piece game it's really great and there's a lot of attention to detail (like how Sanji's team super changes when he's paired with a female; or Luffy becoming tiny Luffy after a Gear 3 musou attack).  They did a nice job with the story scenes and the roster and move list is solid.  About the only problem I have with the game is requiring replaying the same stage with a bunch of characters to unlock their second musou attack or alternate outfits or other moves.  Adds a little bit waste of time repetition when filling out the movelists.  Also yeah, the dream log making you play like 30 generic musou stages just to unlock a handful of characters that they don't give you in story mode is a bit of waste of time too.  On the plus side you get to have support characters on your team who are antagonists in the main story, so that's cool.

They definitely have enough characters who are support only (fully rendered model with 3 attacks) to last like 3 more games if they wanted to slowly make them all playable. While I wish the roster was bigger, I do appreciate being able to do team musous with giant snow bunnies. 

Since sales are down, I'm guessing this is the last OP for a while and they'll probably come back to it in a few years, just like I expect them to come back to Gundam musou in a few years when there's more new material to cover.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
My copy of Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi came in today.  Looks insane!

Took longer to get mine since I ended up switching back to the regular edition.  P-A had no idea when the LE was going to be in stock.  Checked their site just now and it still says that the stock is pending arrival. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
This video can be played in 60 FPS and shows how smooth the game runs on PS4.

I like that the roulette wheel turns Kasuga into a bomb-laying NPC for a while.   :lol
ど助平

Bebpo

Forget costumes, they should just put other Capcom characters in these games.  Like they get sucked into a time portal or something and end up in Sengoku.  Add the real Chun-li, add Ryu, add Dante, etc... just like how Warriors Orochi had Hayabusa, Ayane and stuff.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
SB4 Sumeragi:

Played through Kasuga's drama route last night on hard.  Had Kenshin as my partner.  Capcom has managed to make this game even more insane-- One stage was a battle against forest animals.  You have to defeat Yamanaka Shikanosuke's deer, who is being protected by bears, moles, and other creatures.  Those bears do a shitload of damage if they get to you.   :lol  Some stages now have a roulette wheel symbol on them.  When you play these levels, you'll come across enemies who make the wheel spin or you'll get it when defeating enemies holding an outpost.  This causes all kinds of craziness.  You might turn into one of those giant 'spider' tanks and can smash through enemies.  You might turn into a bomb-throwing enemy NPC.  On one level, I turned into a samurai who caused large gold coins to drop everywhere.  His attacks were one-hit kills...even against the stage bosses!   While the game play is still the same from SB4, there are some new moves for the older characters and you can now switch and play as your partner right from the start-- in SB4 you couldn't do this until getting a character to level 50.  This can make harder fights much more bearable, since if either character is defeated, they can be brought back with full energy (their lifebar fills back up slowly, but if you stand near them it goes up much faster) and the game will not end until both characters are down.  Some battles can be pretty challenging at a lower level, however, with certain enemy attacks killing you in just a few hits.  It took me a while to win a fight against Fuuma Kotaro and Matsunaga, for example, since my characters were way underleveled. 

Didn't try any of the new characters (well, Kasuga and Kenshin are newly-playable in Sumeragi, but there are a few new or newly-playable characters who weren't in previous games) yet.  Will do that tonight.  The returning characters also feel more "complete" compared to their SB3 Utage versions, with full movesets and multiple supers like everyone else this time around.

I don't know about the PS3 version (assuming it's the same), but the PS4 version of Sumeragi also contains all of the content from vanilla SB4.  If you have SB4 on PS3, you can update the game and upload your save data for use on PS4, much like Koei does with their musou games, carrying over all your progress.  They've raised the level caps to an insane 999 now.

The game runs buttery smooth on PS4.  It's 1080P and a rock-solid 60 FPS, which looks great and is more impressive than Koei's titles given the speed of everything, although the models can look a bit dated in close-ups and it appears that some small in-game cut scenes are using video instead of being done in real-time. 

Sumeragi is definitely worth picking up.  Chances of it coming out in English are pretty slim, however.

Forget costumes, they should just put other Capcom characters in these games.  Like they get sucked into a time portal or something and end up in Sengoku.  Add the real Chun-li, add Ryu, add Dante, etc... just like how Warriors Orochi had Hayabusa, Ayane and stuff.

Would love to see this.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:43:49 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Pretty sure Capcom said NO more SB outside of Nippon cause literally nobody bought the one they put out on Wii and PS3. :gloomy
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Tried out Kyougoku Maria.  Despite her name and appearance, she was not a foreigner and is Azai Nagamasa's sister.  The name comes from her conversion to Christianity.

And this character is straight-up crazy.  Kooky walk, skipping instead of running, and lots of fun attacks using her ribbons, which remind of both Rose from Street Fighter (she also has Rose's outfit as DLC) and Koshoushou from Sengoku Musou.  In fact, her super is very similar to Koshoushou's musou attack, only crazier-- she swings from a ribbon while 'dance' music plays and disco lights flash, and you can press buttons to send out neon light attacks.   :lol  You can also toss ribbons at enemies and make them twirl around.  Fun as hell.

Pretty sure Capcom said NO more SB outside of Nippon cause literally nobody bought the one they put out on Wii and PS3. :gloomy

Well, this is the fourth Basara game (following SB3 Utage, SB Chronicle Heroes, and SB4) to come out since SB3, so I can believe that. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 08:46:52 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

:sabu
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Arslan is getting an English release!  PS3, PS4, and Xboner.

ど助平

Himu

Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Arslan Coming Out In English!
« Reply #1827 on: July 30, 2015, 01:19:45 PM »
What the fuck is Arslan
IYKYK

Trent Dole

« Reply #1828 on: July 30, 2015, 01:32:47 PM »
Some old shit that recently got revived I guess
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Heroic_Legend_of_Arslan
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1829 on: July 30, 2015, 01:47:39 PM »
What the fuck is Arslan

An awesome anime that you can watch on Hulu!

:bow Arlsan :bow2

I guess this one falls under the "best show that nobody is watching" category.  We've now watched the first 13 episodes of the series and it has been absolutely fantastic the whole way through.  Great characters, great story, and excellent art/animation.  I never saw the original OVAs or read the book/comics this is based on, so I have no idea how much this deviates from the source material, if at all, but this is essentially an anime version of Middle Eastern characters outsmarting and beating the shit out of European crusaders.   :lol  Nobody actually looks like whatever country they're supposed to be from, but it's pretty obvious that this is the case.  The big bad also wears a silver mask on his face and gives me kind of a Char vibe, although he's pretty much 100% evil.

The other vibe I get from this show...is musou.  I can absolutely see why Koei is making a musou game out of this series, because it fits perfectly.  Pretty much every main character is a total badass who has no problem going through numerous grunts and is only matched by other 'generals.' 

Watch it!

And it is indeed based on an old Persian story.

Let me also mention that everyone is a badass...except for Arslan.  But that makes sense in the context of the story.  Thankfully the focus is not solely on him and every episode is an ensemble story.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1830 on: July 30, 2015, 01:53:08 PM »
In addition to the four shown in the English trailer, Gieve and Farangis have been announced.  Gieve is a wandering, womanizing minstrel and Farangis is a bad-ass warrior priestess sent to help Arslan.

The game also has a new musou gimmick where you can have an entire army attack the enemies on-screen!

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1831 on: July 30, 2015, 02:00:03 PM »
You're telling me they could have went with amano design and didn't? :snoop
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1832 on: July 30, 2015, 02:08:01 PM »

Why would they go with an old design and not the current ones, from the anime airing right now and the manga that's drawn by the guy who did Full Metal Alchemist?

:what
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1833 on: July 30, 2015, 02:11:26 PM »
At least it looks like an anime this time. One piece warriors looked like shit.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1834 on: July 30, 2015, 02:13:33 PM »
At least it looks like an anime this time. One piece warriors looked like shit.

Looks pretty good to me.

:idont
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1835 on: July 30, 2015, 02:25:07 PM »
That must be 3, 1 and 2 look bad
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1836 on: July 30, 2015, 03:06:54 PM »

Why would they go with an old design and not the current ones, from the anime airing right now and the manga that's drawn by the gal who did Full Metal Alchemist?

:what
Fixed

:heartbeat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1837 on: July 30, 2015, 03:16:49 PM »
That must be 3, 1 and 2 look bad

Kaizoku Musou 2 looked good, too, if a bit simple.  Maybe it's 1?

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1838 on: July 30, 2015, 03:39:00 PM »
I just think this new game gets the style of the anime more. One piece games feel like 3d blobs compared to the anime and manga
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1839 on: July 30, 2015, 05:54:00 PM »
You're crazy.  One Piece Musou look great and very much like the manga brought to life.

Himu

« Reply #1840 on: July 30, 2015, 06:17:52 PM »
No it doesn't. It's just standard 3d with barely any stylization. They look good because they're bright and well animated but they don't look like One Piece. The exception seems to be 3, which I've never played. 1 and 2 have flat, boring 3d characters. Where's the thick character outlines? How come the game doesn't look like it was inked via manga style? That new animu Musou looks straight out of an anime. I want One Piece Musou to look like THAT. 3 probably does. I haven't been paying attention to that game at all.

Compare that last OP shot to the one Lyte posted from OP3. Night and day, OP Musou 1 and 2's art direction was :trash 3 is much more like it.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1841 on: July 30, 2015, 07:44:39 PM »
Ok, sorry, I'll back down on this.  I forgot OPM1 looked very plastic-y.  I don't remember what OPM2 looked like, but 3 looks very manga-ish and the story scenes are straight up manga panels brought to life with color and voice.  It's good stuff.

Himu

« Reply #1842 on: July 30, 2015, 09:04:23 PM »
Really? May have to get it
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1843 on: July 31, 2015, 01:02:20 AM »

To me, especially with the story panel style of storytelling, it has a very manga-ish feel.  The game doesn't look "anime" to me, but rather manga-ish and that's fine cause I don't watch OP anime and I just read the manga.  The story mode is great and covers the entire story from chapter 1 through Dressrosa's start (skips some small arcs, but keeps others.  Having not watched the anime it's kind of cool seeing colors for certain characters (never knew Orz was red) or hearing voices (Hate Doflamingo's voice, I thought he'd have a high pitched crazy voice, but it's deep and manly which strikes me as weird given his looks and dialogue).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:07:14 AM by Bebpo »

Himu

« Reply #1844 on: July 31, 2015, 01:05:07 AM »
Not bad. Unfortunately the next musou I buy is DW8 empires
IYKYK

Trent Dole

« Reply #1845 on: July 31, 2015, 01:17:03 AM »
Still waiting on a good steam sale for that, it went on during the summer stuffs but was still kinda high for a side game.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1846 on: July 31, 2015, 07:11:42 AM »
Not bad. Unfortunately the next musou I buy is DW8 empires

Skip it if you're thinking about PC.  It has issues.  Don't know if One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 is based on the PS4 version, but Samurai Warriors 4-II will be.  SW4 is getting an Empires game too btw.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1847 on: July 31, 2015, 08:15:01 AM »
I want DW8E for ps4. Will get it when I get a ps4.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1848 on: July 31, 2015, 09:34:22 AM »
I want DW8E for ps4. Will get it when I get a ps4.

I see the price has dropped on it a bit (unless it was always $40, in which case never mind) which makes me interested in picking it up, but I have a full plate with Basara 4 Sumeragi, Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3, Sengoku Musou 4-II (still pretty much unplayed), and One Piece Kaizoku Musou 3 (ditto).  I probably should have just held off on the latter and waited for the American release since I got it with Senran Kagura EV and spent all my time with that game, which I'm still not done with yet...have 30 hours or so put in now.

Also getting back into Basara with Sumeragi has once again proven that Basara is the better action-musou.  Obviously not where to go if you want strategy elements though.
ど助平

« Reply #1849 on: July 31, 2015, 12:53:31 PM »
My wife was like "what do you want for your birthday?" I had no clue, so I said "Basara 4 Sumeragi for PS4." Should be here Monday.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1850 on: July 31, 2015, 12:56:19 PM »
My wife was like "what do you want for your birthday?" I had no clue, so I said "Basara 4 Sumeragi for PS4." Should be here Monday.

:itagaki

Sites of interest that will help with translation and character abilities:

http://www.raindropsanddaydreams.co.uk/2015/04/sengoku-basara-4-sumeragi-reference.html
http://cuhrayzee.wikia.com/wiki/Sengoku_Basara_%28series%29
ど助平

« Reply #1851 on: July 31, 2015, 12:58:27 PM »
I shouldbe fine. My nihongo-skills were mad enough to get through vanilla Basara 4. Well, the little I played of it.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1852 on: July 31, 2015, 03:38:03 PM »
I shouldbe fine. My nihongo-skills were mad enough to get through vanilla Basara 4. Well, the little I played of it.

You're gonna want to check that stuff for assistance on what the weapon add-ons/elements and items are and for the stages where there are certain "requirements" to get through areas if things pop up.  The raindrops site also gives tips on finding some of the hidden routes.  This game is full of kanji, kanji, everywhere.  I don't recall any spots even having the characters' names in hiragana, let alone all those items and modifiers.  But apart from that stuff, everything is pretty straight-forward, sure.
ど助平

« Reply #1853 on: July 31, 2015, 04:20:29 PM »
More kanji than before? Huh. Thanks!!
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1854 on: July 31, 2015, 05:05:35 PM »
More kanji than before? Huh. Thanks!!

It was already pretty heavy, but there's more sub-menus now, lol.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1856 on: August 28, 2015, 03:41:36 AM »
Apparently the PC version of One Piece Musou 3 is based off the...vita version....wow.  Major warning for anyone considering getting it on PC. 

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/140253

I wonder how many years until Koei will stop fucking up their PC ports.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1857 on: August 28, 2015, 10:09:08 AM »
:dead
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1858 on: August 28, 2015, 12:19:21 PM »
:dead
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1859 on: September 18, 2015, 08:19:16 AM »
Koei is bringing out Samurai Warriors 4 Empires in English early next year.  PS3, PS4, and Vita listed...no PC.  Hmm.

Attack on Titan is looking :zzz.

ど助平