Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 347547 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Dragon Quest Heroes II!
« Reply #1920 on: May 28, 2016, 10:27:38 AM »
Yeah I'm interested in this one because it seems more of an actual ARPG and kind of like Zills Oll PS3.

It's right up your alley, I think.  This is definitely more "action" than "RPG" from what I've played.  It's nice having an open area to traverse through with different monsters to mess with.  Want to ignore all the slimes and just go for enemies that fight back?  No problem.  Want to kill everything?  Sure.  Want to just run through to the next area?  You can do that too.  I even noticed some kind of 'rare' monster types that popped up when I did a little backtracking...and this was right in the beginning!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1921 on: June 06, 2016, 05:34:39 PM »
Fate is looking good!  No sound in the video.

ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1922 on: June 12, 2016, 11:35:10 PM »
So the countdown for the next Omega Force Musou was actually BERSERK MUSOU like we all dreamed but didn't think it actually would be because there's no way we'd be that lucky to get a new Berserk game in a genre that fits it near-perfectly.

More info on June 23rd when the website opens.  Already confirmed for localization.  PS3/PS4/Vita in Japan, PS3/PS4/Steam in the west.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1923 on: June 12, 2016, 11:37:18 PM »
I was hoping for Orochi 4 from the hints but Berserk is a pretty natural fit for a Musou game so I'm hype anyway.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1924 on: June 12, 2016, 11:39:03 PM »
I was hoping for Orochi 4 from the hints but Berserk is a pretty natural fit for a Musou game so I'm hype anyway.

I would rather have that than another licensed game, but if Berserk is a musou and not gimmicky shit like Attack on Titan or the first One Piece, I'm on it.

I'm also extremely skeptical after what happened with Arslan.  Forget Berserk being a "perfect fit" for musou...that was Arslan.  Watch the anime and it SCREAMS musou all over the place.

And the game came out and totally sucked.  :-\
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1925 on: July 14, 2016, 01:51:36 PM »
http://gematsu.com/2016/07/samurai-warriors-sanada-maru-first-details-screenshots

Yup, another Samurai Warriors game.  :lol  They're following Capcom's lead with a game focused on Sanada.  This one looks kind of ambitious, with some open-world elements and time progression.

Looks way more interesting than that upcoming DW strategy game.
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1926 on: August 01, 2016, 07:52:35 PM »
everything was sanada.gif

What DW strategy game?

no

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1927 on: August 01, 2016, 08:46:05 PM »
everything was sanada.gif

What DW strategy game?

Shin Sangoku Musou: Eiketsuden.  Stars Zhao Yun.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Musou Stars Announced!
« Reply #1928 on: September 13, 2016, 09:28:46 AM »
Musou Stars just got announced for PS4 and Vita.  Guess they're finally done with PS3.  Crossover game with characters from various Tecmo-Koei titles including Ninja Gaiden, DOA, Toukiden, and Atelier.  So just them expanding on what they already started in Warriors Orochi 3, which is fine with me-- the guest characters were almost all I used.

Looks good and will have Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors characters, too.  So why just call this Orochi 4?
:heh
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1929 on: September 13, 2016, 02:40:33 PM »
I wish KT had more interesting IPs, because cross-overs are fun.  Would've liked it if the game was a cross-over between ALL their musou games so far.  So you get like Luffy, Exia Gundam, Fist of the North Star guy, Arlsan person + the people in this game.  I'm assuming at least the Nioh guy will join this game since that's their new IP.

Trent Dole

« Reply #1930 on: September 13, 2016, 10:02:34 PM »
Once I figured out what MS was I kind of wondered why they didn't just make it Orochi 4. Whatever, giant crossover musou is best musou either way. :hyper
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1931 on: September 14, 2016, 07:46:17 AM »
Once I figured out what MS was I kind of wondered why they didn't just make it Orochi 4. Whatever, giant crossover musou is best musou either way. :hyper

Seems like this is Orochi 4...just with a name change.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1932 on: September 14, 2016, 07:47:23 AM »
I wish KT had more interesting IPs, because cross-overs are fun.  Would've liked it if the game was a cross-over between ALL their musou games so far.  So you get like Luffy, Exia Gundam, Fist of the North Star guy, Arlsan person + the people in this game.  I'm assuming at least the Nioh guy will join this game since that's their new IP.

That would probably be a licensing nightmare.

I would like to see a Jump Musou or a Dragonball Musou (that really seems like it would be a perfect fit) at some point...
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #1933 on: September 14, 2016, 10:12:25 PM »
Yeah, this is basically Orochi 4 except not, and my wife asked if Gundam's were in it too. :lol
Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #1934 on: September 14, 2016, 10:17:44 PM »

I would like to see a Jump Musou or a Dragonball Musou (that really seems like it would be a perfect fit) at some point...

Sure but it's Japan and they seem able to handle those licensing things.  Like with Super Robot Wars.  Would probably fuck up the US release.  But then we got Tatsunoko v Capcom so who knows?

archie4208

« Reply #1935 on: September 15, 2016, 10:15:53 AM »

Berserk comes out Feb 21 in murrica.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1936 on: September 15, 2016, 12:14:29 PM »

Sure but it's Japan and they seem able to handle those licensing things.  Like with Super Robot Wars.  Would probably fuck up the US release.  But then we got Tatsunoko v Capcom so who knows?

Yup.  And lemme clarify that last statement- We didn't get Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom.  We got Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom Ultimate All-Stars.  "OK, but so what?"  You might ask.  And the difference is that Ultimate All-Stars was missing a character that Capcom couldn't get a license to use outside Japan and had a ton of music removed.  So such a game might have to be changed up.

Also...would you really want this?  Like, if they changed the character design to make everyone animu~, I guess it could work.   :doge
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1937 on: September 29, 2016, 01:56:23 AM »
Berserk Musou confirmed to only have 8 playable characters.  Sounds like One Piece Musou 1 or Fist of the North Star Musou 1.

Then again, to be fair outside of making bosses playable, there isn't a big roster of protag or support protag characters in Berserk.  There's the Band of the Hawk crew, the new rpg party of 5 or 6, zodd and skullknight and that's about it.  Couple of those are surprisingly missing (Skullknight, Isidrio), but well hope the game doesn't bomb so they at least make 1 more with the missing characters.

Trent Dole

« Reply #1938 on: September 29, 2016, 03:10:14 AM »
So it might be hot garbage then? Since the western release is a few months after the eastern I suppose we'll know if it's worth while or not by then. (and some of you will import and report your findings I'm sure.)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 02:56:13 PM by Trent Dole »
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1939 on: September 29, 2016, 07:26:55 AM »
If it's like the first Hokuto Musou, then it's gonna be good.  If it's like the first One Piece, then it's gonna be worth waiting for the sequel.  :doge

I'm not gonna import this straight-up.  Hell, I may not get it at all like how I passed on Attack On Titan.

Am way more interested in Musou Stars.
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1940 on: October 09, 2016, 01:06:22 PM »
How is musou stars different from an Orochi game? Is it just an excuse to dump 90% of the roster?
no

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1941 on: October 09, 2016, 03:53:40 PM »
The story is different.  Why they've shown so few characters...who knows.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1942 on: October 26, 2016, 02:39:34 PM »
Now I'm feeling tempted to download Berserk Musou for Vita.  Footage looks good.

HALP PLS
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #1943 on: October 26, 2016, 05:33:25 PM »
When is that out over here, February? Don't have a Vita or PS4 so I'm stuck waiting for the Steam release.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1944 on: October 26, 2016, 10:59:58 PM »
Yeah next year sometime.

I'm taking one for the team and am downloading the Vita version now.  Hope it's better than Arslan.  I watched someone streaming the PS4 version briefly.  It looked like a typical musou and no better than a PS3 title.

I'd be wary of the game on Steam.  Koei doesn't do well with their PC games.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #1945 on: October 26, 2016, 11:58:43 PM »
SW4-II has a more complicated control scheme than previous games and setting the prompts for a 360 pad on pc is a confusing nightmare. What the fuck is button 12 etc. There's a fan made patch that fixes this bullshit and I just use some of the KB controls as well, but yeah. KT really needs to get their heads out of their asses regarding several aspects of pc porting.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1946 on: October 27, 2016, 07:39:52 AM »
Heh, and SW4-II is supposed to be one of the better ports.

The only musou I have on PC is Dynasty Warriors 8XL.  It runs well and it's nice having such a great framerate...but it looks like PS3 and I've had some control issues with it.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #1947 on: October 27, 2016, 12:49:54 PM »
SW4 uses the PS4 models but still has inexplicable slowdown here and there like XL does. :idont I'll probably get 8 Empires or a OP musou during the upcoming sale anyway. :-[
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1948 on: October 31, 2016, 09:55:28 PM »
Just realized I never talked about Berserk Musou.

It's not bad.  I'm not a big Berserk fan and I suspect if I were, I'd probably be bigger on it.  There's really not much to say here...it's a musou game.  Not crap like Arslan, but also not really awesome either.  It's a solid DW-style game with similar maps and objectives, and some fully-voiced anime cut scenes inbetween levels.  Not sure if these are from the recent anime or not.

Would say to get it if you like Berserk and musou, but don't expect to be blown away by it.  IMO the best licensed musou games are easily One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 and 3 and the first Fist Of The North Star game, followed by the Gundam games.  I'd probably slot this game in after those.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1949 on: October 31, 2016, 10:41:27 PM »
Thanks for the impressions Bork.  Yeah I'm a big Berserk fan and I like good musou games, but all the rapey marketing was pretty off-putting and the gameplay videos had looked pretty bad.  Going to hold off and pick up the US release when it's on sale I think.  My favorite licensed musou games are Gundam Musou 1/3, OP2/3 & Hyrule Warriors.  Couldn't get into Hokuto and the Arsland demo was pretty dull.

I wonder if they'll do another Gundam Musou soon.  They had to stop around 3/Shin (shin didn't add much) because they pretty much ran out of stuff to use.  But there's been a ton of new Gundam stuff over the last few years, lots of new units.  Would be fun to have another GM.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1950 on: October 31, 2016, 11:04:31 PM »
Was referring to the anime-licensed games- sorry, should have been more specific,  Hyrule Warriors definitely kicked ass.

Worth waiting anyway since Koei is claiming that the western version will have more gore.  Not sure what else they're gonna add since there's already plenty of blood and body parts getting hacked up.

This game is thankfully not another Arslan, so I think you'll find it a solid effort, Bebpo, but nothing to rush out to buy unless something changes with more play time.

Will I get this again in English?  Dunno...really depends on if Musou Stars is out by then.  I suspect that will be much better than this game.

Anyway, next up is that Fate musou game coming out next week.  Like I did with Berserk, I think I'm gonna get it digitally and if I like it, I will see about getting the physical U.S. version on another platform.

I just realized I never said anything about the Sengoku Basara Sanada Yukimura-focused game that came out over the summer.  Nobody did though.  :lol 
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #1951 on: November 01, 2016, 03:52:48 AM »

Guessing it was ass. Ah well. I watched the original season of Berserk and dug it's retro super dark vibe so I'd probably dig the game. Rapey-marketing isn't really inappropriate considering the source material. :lol
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1952 on: November 01, 2016, 07:25:20 AM »
Guessing it was ass. Ah well.

Basara?  Naw, it's good.  The thing is, it's also very much just another version of Sengoku Basara 4, this time focusing on a select group of characters.  There have been changes made to them and new moves/abilities added, but otherwise it's basically SB4 expansion disc #2.

If you don't have SB4 Sumeragi, get that instead.  If you played through that and want more, then check this game out.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1953 on: November 02, 2016, 12:18:40 AM »
What's the best musou of the past few years

Is it zelda

How is Zelda warriors 3ds
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1954 on: November 02, 2016, 08:17:46 AM »
I'd go with:

-One Piece Pirate Warriors 3: All-around well-done game that follows the OP storyline up through the Doflamingo story.  The game came out before that finished, so it has its own original ending.  Play mechanics are solid.

-Samurai Warriors 4-II or Empires: You know what to expect here since you played SW4 as I recall.  Refined versions of that game.

-Hyrule Warriors: Also all-around well-done with some nice boss battles and some play mechanics from the Zelda games added in.  You get multiple subweapons to use in addition to your main weapons.  Has framerate issues compared to the PS4 games mentioned above, but nothing that stops it from being playable.

Also Dragon Quest Heroes II but you got that already.

Hyrule Warriors Legends on 3DS has some new content over the Wii U version.  If you're playing it on a New 3DS or New 3DS XL, it will run nicely given the platform, but it will have a lot more framerate issues on a regular 3DS.  Koei was supporting this pretty regularly and the last DLC pack just came out this past Monday.

The 3DS version got a number of new characters added.  Some are part of paid DLC packs.  There's Linkle (female Link), Toon Link, Tetra, King Daphnes, Skull Kid, Ravio, Yuga, Toon Zelda, Medli, and Marin, plus new weapons for various characters in these packs (that change their playstyles), in addition to new maps for the Adventure mode.  It's a pretty sizable amount of extra content, although you will have to pay extra to get it all.  You can pay extra on top of that to get these characters for use in the Wii U version, but I'm not sure if they get the Adventure Mode maps or not.  Note that all these DLC characters do not have storylines of their own -Except for Linkle in the 3DS version- and are for use in the other modes.  Adventure Mode is a big thing though and you can spend a shitload of hours playing that mode alone. 

I haven't touched the game on Wii U since it came out on 3DS.  There's also more DLC packs that are on the Wii U version, adding Epona, adult Midna, Tingle, Young Link, extra challenge modes, outfits, and more weapons into the game.  IIRC the Wii U DLC packs are already in the 3DS version.

The 3DS version also lets you play as multiple characters on maps, just like how Samurai Warriors Chronicles plays and adds faeries.  I forget what they do at the moment though, lol.  They also increased level caps, but this may be on Wii U as well.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if the Switch gets an updated version of this game with all the DLC added in.  Would bank on it, in fact.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:45:07 AM by bork pls »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1955 on: November 02, 2016, 01:08:54 PM »
I forgot DQH2 came out.  So it's worth picking up?  I dropped the first game after about 6-10 hours.

Bebpo

« Reply #1956 on: November 02, 2016, 03:41:42 PM »
So Berserk Musou sold like total shit in Japan and every musou games has been selling dramatically fewer and fewer over there.  Unless the western sales are picking up some slack, I wonder if eventually musou is going to die as a genre.  Hyrule Warriors sells because Nintendo, so that'll keep them a float for a few more games, but I don't see anyway they can turn around the fact that people are tired of musou in Japan.  Maybe a musou reboot?  Completely refresh the franchise with a brand new concept for gameplay like how Sengoku Basara was a new concept of musou?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1957 on: November 02, 2016, 07:15:02 PM »
I forgot DQH2 came out.  So it's worth picking up?  I dropped the first game after about 6-10 hours.

I dropped the first game, too. Too much tower defense for me.  Funnily enough I may pick it back up again if I find out that it can run decently enough on my new GPD WIN handheld PC, though. 

DQH2 is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the original.  It's now more of an action RPG/musou hybrid.  Also has online co-op for up to 4P as well.  I actually have yet to even try that.  It takes place in a different set of dungeons from what I understand.  I put this game on hiatus a bit back and really need to get back to it. 

So Berserk Musou sold like total shit in Japan and every musou games has been selling dramatically fewer and fewer over there.  Unless the western sales are picking up some slack, I wonder if eventually musou is going to die as a genre.  Hyrule Warriors sells because Nintendo, so that'll keep them a float for a few more games, but I don't see anyway they can turn around the fact that people are tired of musou in Japan.  Maybe a musou reboot?  Completely refresh the franchise with a brand new concept for gameplay like how Sengoku Basara was a new concept of musou?

They haven't released a regular (non-licensed) musou game in a while.  Not counting that strategy game crap.  I bet a new Dynasty Warriors would do well.  Ditto for Musou Stars next year.

But certainly I hope that they try something new.  I'm hoping that's what is taking Dynasty Warriors 9 so long to be announced.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1958 on: November 09, 2016, 10:19:16 PM »
Fate/Extella is out in Japan.  Downloading now on both platforms.  Hope I like it a lot more than Berserk.  :p
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1959 on: November 09, 2016, 11:42:28 PM »
OK, so really quick Fate impressions:

-Looks like Type Moon is sole developer here. I thought that maybe Tamsoft or someone else might be involved, but didn't see any other logos.

-The game is pretty story-heavy and is told visual novel style, complete with different responses you can give. No idea what the hell is happening since I'm not all that familiar with Fate and am general just skipping through it. The cut scenes are both 2D and real-time.

-I love this game's aesthetic. It's bright and colorful with some unique-looking stages (For a musou game, anyway). The character models are pretty cartoony, but that fits in with the general Fate design.

-You can choose between a male or a female character, but this is just for the story; this character is the "Master" and you're playing as the servants in-game.

-The game play is typical musou style- You get two attacks, jump, dash, block, and super move buttons. You can also use different items (abilities?) with the d-pad and can also switch characters. I'm not sure if later levels will allow you to choose the partner, but on the first main level, I was playing as Nero (Saber) and had Archer as my partner. Didn't see anything come up that allowed for any kind of dual attack moves. Not sure if that's in this game or not. Don't remember it from previews.

-The PS4 version has a nice, generally smooth framerate that seems to be 60 FPS. Drops just a bit here and there, at least from the intro and first stages. There's TONS of enemies on-screen to beat up. More than a lot of other musou games, although most are all the same enemy model.

-The Vita version appears to be running at less than half the framerate of the PS4 version. I'd say maybe around 25 FPS? But before you decide to drop this version, it plays smoothly and seemed pretty stable from what I tried. I need to play more of this version though. There's also far, far less enemies on-screen and the resolution and effects are noticeably low-res. If you're only going to get one version, definitely get this on PS4, but the Vita version doesn't seem too bad- it's on par with say, Samurai Warriors 4 on Vita, but retains more details on the characters and levels. I'm not sure if it's PSTV compatible, but it would probably look pretty ugly on the big screen.

Should you import this? I'd definitely recommend holding off for the English release given the large amount of focus on the story.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1960 on: November 16, 2016, 02:58:14 PM »
Fate/Extella was the number one-selling game in Japan last week.  Good debut...hope this becomes a new series for Type-Moon.

I've been playing more of it and am loving the crazy fast-paced speed of the battles and general level design aesthetic.  Really nice use of colors on some levels.  Also more crazy gameplay stuff- You can fill up a meter that seems to have different effects depending on your character.  Archer just went into "hyper mode" and got stronger, but when I did this with Saber, she got a full-on cinematic transformation sequence, changed outfits, and got a set of flaming gauntlets.  She was then insanely-strong and I was able to rip through a stage boss that had been giving me problems in seconds.  :lol

You can craft armor that gives you enhanced abilities in battle, and set them to slots that are accessible with the d-pad.  The character-switching mechanic is one of these.  You can get health items, defensive items (summons another character to come out and assist) and more.  Then you can slot in power-up items that increase speed or add enhancements like flame or lightening effects, just like the Koei musou games.

I'm pretty impressed, especially since this is the first game of its type from Type-Moon.  My only complaints are typical with musou titles, I.E. not enough enemy variety (so far) and the difficulty could stand to be harder.  I tried playing on hard and didn't find the AI any more aggressive, but instead enemy boss types were just much stronger and required a shitload more hits to take down.  This was just the first level and it made it take forever to finish at level 1, so I switched to normal and had no trouble clearing it.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1961 on: November 30, 2016, 08:38:21 AM »
Koei Tecmo’s Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru opened at a total of 50,771 units across PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PlayStation 3.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/11/media-create-sales-112116-112716#9MLEWp0VuvSgPovS.99

[PS4] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru (Koei Tecmo, 11/24/16) – 26,682 (New)
[PSV] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru (Koei Tecmo, 11/24/16) – 13,049 (New)
[PS3] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru (Koei Tecmo, 11/24/16) – 11,040 (New)

Ouch.  That's pretty low.  I don't think that this means the musou bubble has burst, but rather that people are tired of Koei rehashing these games.  This is the fifth version of Samurai Warriors 4 already.

For comparison, Fate/Extella sold three times as many units -158,814 copies- on only two platforms when it came out a few weeks back.

[PSV] Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (Marvelous, 11/10/16) – 73,019 (New)
[PS4] Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (Marvelous, 11/10/16) – 67,356 (New)
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1963 on: December 01, 2016, 12:07:09 PM »
Nyan~

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1964 on: December 01, 2016, 01:11:23 PM »
:stahp
:stahp :stahp :stahp
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1965 on: December 01, 2016, 01:14:56 PM »
So they were like:

"let's make a game of characters from all our games!"

"ok, but we should make a few original characters.  How do we differentiate them from our all-star cast?"

"How about if they were all furries living a furry world where these guest characters all came to save!"*

*I don't know if that's the actual plot but w/e furries  :yuck

Himu

« Reply #1966 on: December 01, 2016, 01:19:21 PM »
Someone has a key necklace that says furry festival.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1967 on: December 01, 2016, 02:07:01 PM »
One of them looks like he could be related to Crystal.

Trent Dole

« Reply #1968 on: December 01, 2016, 04:28:41 PM »
Wow, and they aren't just ears and tails furries either. :yuck
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1969 on: December 01, 2016, 10:59:16 PM »
R.I.P. Musou 2000-2016.  :'(

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hey, maybe they'll have cool play styles.  I'm still hyped for the game.  :doge
[close]
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1970 on: December 02, 2016, 07:47:05 AM »
Oh yeah- Did you guys see that it looks like Dragon Quest Heroes II is finally getting localized?  Best Buy put up a page with an April 2017 release date.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1971 on: December 02, 2016, 01:44:44 PM »
There's some crazy shit going on in this trailer!

ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #1972 on: December 02, 2016, 02:06:28 PM »
I'm still plying Hyrule Warriors
spoiler (click to show/hide)
on the 3DS :-\
[close]

I hope there is a HW2 on the Switch.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1973 on: December 02, 2016, 02:07:20 PM »
I keep wanting to play more of Hyrule Warriors on 3DS, but it's so hard after all the time I put into the Wii U version.  Thanks for not coming up with some kind of cross-save feature, Nintendo.  :-\

BTW, Dragon Quest Heroes II is the Hyrule Warriors KILLAH.  Rocks on both Vita and PS4.  And has cross save/play. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1974 on: December 06, 2016, 02:38:41 PM »
Maybe this explains the furry characters that got unveiled for Musou Stars.  :doge

ど助平

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #1975 on: December 10, 2016, 08:32:40 PM »
Star Fox Musou would've turned out to be a better game than the hot garbage Platinum shit out.

BTW, Dragon Quest Heroes II is the Hyrule Warriors KILLAH.  Rocks on both Vita and PS4.  And has cross save/play.

What does DQH2 do better than the first one?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1976 on: December 10, 2016, 08:56:56 PM »
The game is now more like an action RPG/musou hybrid instead of a tower defense game.  Also has online play for up to four players.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1977 on: December 11, 2016, 09:24:30 PM »
Back on Fate/Extella- Started Tamano No Mae's story.  The first stage took me a whopping 86 minutes to finish.
:dead

When you're playing the game, the way things generally work is that you beat the shit out of grunt enemies in the various zones you can go to on the map, which then leads to the stronger "general" style enemies (Called Aggresives) popping up.  Beat them and you clear the zone and get keys.  Get the maximum amount of keys needed and you clear the stage.  However, the enemy can get keys too, by invading your conquered territory and taking it back.  This happens when another enemy type, called "Brands," pop up.  Brands look like flying saucers and don't attack...they are more like support enemies that spew out this weird black smoke.  When Brands pop up in an enemy zone, they control where a potential invasion of another zone will take place.  You are shown on the map which zone is going to get invaded by a yellow line.  Destroy the Brand and the invasion stops.  Head to a zone in dispute and take it back to regain your potentially-lost keys.  Simple enough, right?

Now, I don't know if this is a coincidence, but this crazy-long level playtime happened to me last night after downloading an update.  Did it break shit or did I just get unlucky?  I did not have this problem on Nero's (Saber) first story.

So what happened is that I got stuck in a tug of war for control of a few zones.  I'd rush to a zone and start trying to clear it, then a Brand would appear in another zone on the far side of the map.  If I tried to conquer the current zone as quickly as possible, too much time was taken and the Brand would send an invasion force to another zone.  If I stopped what I was doing and rushed to the Brand's zone as quickly as possible, ANOTHER Brand would instantly pop up in a different zone and the cycle would repeat itself.  :dizzy

Eventually it got to the point that I had leveled up enough and gotten strong enough to take out enemies faster.  I was able to get things down to just two enemy zones left and used a power-up move to destroy one zone and just barely make it to the other one before the Brand got an invasion force out.  Crazy shit.  Levels should not take anywhere near this long to clear.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced!
« Reply #1978 on: December 17, 2016, 09:03:02 AM »
Dynasty Warriors 9 was finally announced.  It will be "open-world".  This isn't the first time Koei has done this -Toukiden 2 and Sengoku Musou Sanada Maru have open-world elements- so I'm hoping this hat means this game will be very polished.

- Open world

- There will be towns in the vast fields that players can freely enter and exit, and the map will have considerable differences in elevation.

- All 83 characters that appeared in Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires will appear in the game

- No platforms announced yet (although Sony's Morita was there)

New character:

Zhou Cang
ど助平

Bebpo

Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced!
« Reply #1979 on: December 17, 2016, 10:58:46 AM »
Lol

DW maps are already big and boring areas you run through to fight the next boss/mob.  This sounds like a really bad idea.