Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 353845 times)

Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Arslan Coming Out In English!
« Reply #1860 on: September 18, 2015, 03:59:55 PM »
Attack on Titan is looking :zzz.

What did you expect? Musou? It's pretty much what I thought it would be.
野球

studyguy

Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Samurai Warriors 4 Empires Coming To 'Murica
« Reply #1861 on: September 18, 2015, 04:05:04 PM »
Looks real weak.
Also I've been thinking of buying Nobunaga's Ambition. Have a thing for Romance of the Three Kingdoms but at the same time I'm a dumbass at 4x games.
What a struggle.
 :brazilcry
pause

Bebpo

« Reply #1862 on: September 18, 2015, 05:51:48 PM »
Maybe Attack on Titan would be better as a Monhun type Tokiden game?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1863 on: September 19, 2015, 07:45:11 AM »

Yeah, I think that would work better.  Although it would need to be faster-paced.

Something not so empty and boring-looking? 
:idont
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1864 on: September 25, 2015, 11:51:06 AM »
Arslan is looking good!

Comes out next week.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1865 on: September 30, 2015, 02:14:14 PM »
Samurai Warriors 4-II is out.  I ended up getting it on PS4/Vita since I spent so little time with the import.  Might as well try it in English for once.

And the PC version is another big 'lie' like One Piece.  It's not based on the PS4 version.  :-\
ど助平

« Reply #1866 on: September 30, 2015, 03:59:05 PM »

Yeah, I think that would work better.  Although it would need to be faster-paced.

Aren't the battles in the anime pretty empty aside from the kids and the titans?
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #1867 on: September 30, 2015, 06:07:23 PM »
Arslan looks cool.  Since I'm not interested in the IP, I'll wait a couple more games until the playable cast is bigger.  But the art style and combat looks nice.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1868 on: September 30, 2015, 11:21:59 PM »

Aren't the battles in the anime pretty empty aside from the kids and the titans?

I dunno; I never watched all of it.  It's not something I really got into as much as I thought I would.

Arslan looks cool.  Since I'm not interested in the IP, I'll wait a couple more games until the playable cast is bigger.  But the art style and combat looks nice.

The game has all of the main characters playable.  There really isn't much of anyone left to add apart from 'scrubs'...this is not like One Piece.  Am wondering how they will handle the game's story since the anime is over and was left very open-ended.  I don't know how much farther ahead the manga is, if at all.

Interestingly enough, there is an Asian PS3 version out with English text and subtitles.  I wonder why PS4 didn't get this?
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1869 on: October 01, 2015, 10:21:39 PM »
Got this on PS4; Arslan seems like it would probably be way more impressive on PS3, although I've read that the PS3 version has a lot of slowdown. It really feels like an uprezzed PS3 title and doesn't look as good as Samurai Warriors 4-II does, nor One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, for that matter. I also didn't see the Omega Force logo anywhere, which means this was developed by a 'B-Team'.

The game isn't bad by any means, but it's a little on the slow side and feels like a pretty average musou game so far. Similar to Dynasty Warriors 8, right down to switching between two weapons. It has a shit-ton of storyline, following the anime pretty closely. Most of it is told via semi-animated 2D cut scenes, which also play while the next stage loads. There appears to be a pretty good roster available and a good number of looks for the characters. I'd say this is worth getting if you really like Arslan, but otherwise I wouldn't bother from what I've played. Disappointingly-average so far.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 10:28:38 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1870 on: October 02, 2015, 01:28:22 AM »
Shame.  Especially the slow stuff.  Musou's should be high-speed exciting action.  The slow ones always turn me off like OPM1, FoTNS, a bunch of the DW games with big maps and only a slow horse to get around, etc...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1871 on: October 02, 2015, 09:04:38 AM »
I get a OPM1 vibe from this.  But I will keep going and see how the game opens up.  I did enjoy the first Ken's Rage, however.  It was more like a regular beat em up.  Arslan is clearly a musou game that is too heavily story driven for its own good.
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1872 on: October 03, 2015, 11:07:08 AM »
Another Fall of Musou for me :rejoice
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1873 on: October 06, 2015, 06:06:43 PM »
Played the game a bit more.  A "Produced By Omega Force" screen does come up in the beginning...but I'm guessing that it's just that- produced by them, because in game it lacks polish.

I think the game is a bit better than I initially though, but it's still pretty average and I don't like how some characters, at least initially, don't have two weapons to use.  The menus seem to indicate that they can get more weapons, but I'm unsure.

I started just skipping the story sequences entirely because they're A) entirely too numerous and B) just semi-animated versions of the story I already watched in the anime series.  The levels follow the story pretty closely, which I like, but a lot of levels I played feel like you can just run past everyone and get to a goal and/or take out one guy to end everything.  There's nothing really strategic going on here so far.

Also had a nasty glitch, when playing on Gieve's first stage, where the camera stopped and stayed in a fixed, static position.  I was still able to move around freely and managed to beat the level by using the mini map, lol.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1874 on: November 07, 2015, 09:27:13 PM »
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires is $19 on Amazon.  Ordered a copy...in for that price!

I never did play more of Arslan.  It's just a disappointment.  Uninstalled it and will be selling it off next time I'm in Japan early next year.  I suppose I should look into selling stuff back to Play-Asia instead of just waiting though.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1875 on: November 07, 2015, 10:33:11 PM »
And wooooow Empires is a huge visual downgrade from 8XL.   :-\  And the framerate still sucks.

Don't buy this.  Wait for Samurai 4 Empires.
ど助平

Rise

« Reply #1876 on: November 08, 2015, 02:58:44 PM »
I like DW8E  :( it runs badly, but usually there's a lot more going on with the AI and battles in Empires games

how are import impressions of SW4E, anyways?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1877 on: November 08, 2015, 07:50:31 PM »
I'm 'stuck' with it so will probably keep on going.  I see that the Vita port -which apparently has all the DLC and some extra new features- is coming out here in a few weeks.  I should have waited for that.

No idea how Sengoku Musou 4 Empires is.  I just know it will run well.   :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1878 on: November 09, 2015, 12:18:39 PM »
I played it some more last night and started having fun with it, because of the custom characters.  You can make someone and then give them different weapons and different special moves, mixing and matching stuff.  That's pretty cool.
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1879 on: November 12, 2015, 12:43:04 PM »
So uh my steam update splash page is an advertisement for a forthcoming port of Dragon Quest Heroes, but clicking this to preorder/obtain details merely send me to steam's frontpage! ???
Hi

archie4208

« Reply #1880 on: November 12, 2015, 12:53:06 PM »
:omg :omg :omg

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1881 on: November 12, 2015, 02:13:43 PM »
I wouldn't get so excited with Koei-Tecmo's PC port track record.   :doge
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #1882 on: November 12, 2015, 06:29:10 PM »
Yeah it'll probably be a dump of the Vita version that they'll want $50 bones for. :maf But hey just wait for the first major sale and scoop it up then.
Hi

archie4208

« Reply #1883 on: November 12, 2015, 06:42:15 PM »
The only English version is PS4.  I wanna believe it'll be based off that version, but knowing KT it's going to be the PS3 version.   :gloomy

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1884 on: November 29, 2015, 09:21:36 AM »
Wound up finishing Samurai Warriors 4 II.  Good game, I liked the survival tower (got up to the 100th level).  In hindsight, it's best to level up through the survival tower.  There were some amazing weapons and mounts that were dropped, as well as strategy tomes.  I remember going through the survival tower twice (the first time I stopped because it was about 2 AM) and in both times, I wound up getting hundreds of strategy tomes.  Then you can unlock the ability for more tomes to be dropped.

Next on tap is DQ Heroes.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1885 on: December 17, 2015, 09:44:11 AM »
Capcom has released the first screenshots and information for its newly announced Sengoku Basara: Sanada Yukimura-Den for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

Sengoku Basara: Sanada Yukimura-Den is a lengthy drama that depicts the life of Sanada Yukimura. Military leaders are expressed in their original historical view, and different from previous entries in the series, the story develops closer to historical fact. Players will follow Sanada’s growth to adulthood until the summer campaign of the siege of Osaka.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/12/sengoku-basara-sanada-yukimura-den-first-screenshots-synopsis#vXedKMxVptQAKBaB.99

And then I look at the screenshots and it looks just like SB4 and shows a playable Date Masamune.
:huh
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #1886 on: December 17, 2015, 12:19:33 PM »
The stages of the game will also be based on famous battles which actually took place in japan.
So here's this giant enemy crab.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1887 on: December 17, 2015, 12:46:13 PM »
The stages of the game will also be based on famous battles which actually took place in japan.
So here's this giant enemy crab.

They're actually recreating that famous Playstation 2 Genji moment.  :doge
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1888 on: January 10, 2016, 01:11:52 PM »
Arslan demo coming to US playstation store this tuesday.

Despite Lyte's lukewarm impressions I really want to try it.
no

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1889 on: January 10, 2016, 11:08:57 PM »
Arslan demo coming to US playstation store this tuesday.

Despite Lyte's lukewarm impressions I really want to try it.

:donot
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1890 on: January 13, 2016, 12:48:06 PM »
Okay, I admit it. Based on the demo it's pretty underwhelming.  :-\

Why is a PS4 game that looks this bad not 60fps?
no

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1891 on: January 13, 2016, 01:07:37 PM »
Lazy PS3 port, I guess.  Such an underwhelming game and a real shame since the license is absolutely perfect for musou.  :-\

In other news, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 now has a release date of May in Japan.

Hyrule Warriors is out on 3DS next week (also in J-land).  I will probably get it digitally because I'm impatient and stupid.  :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1892 on: January 18, 2016, 11:59:58 PM »
Hyrule Warriors 3DS got a demo in Japan.  I just tried it out and it runs pretty smoothly on the N3DS with 3D off (noticeable drop with it on).  Wouldn't want to play this on a regular 3DS after seeing that comparison video that's floating around.  :doge

It's the same ol' Hyrule Warriors play-wise, only now it uses the same system as Samurai Warriors Chronicles, allowing you to switch between and control multiple characters on the battlefield.  So in stage one, you're not just playing as Link, but now Zelda and Impa too.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1893 on: January 19, 2016, 01:13:26 AM »
Considering the game runs like shit on Wii U, I am not surprised that it struggles to run on inferior hardware even with cutting back on stuff.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1894 on: January 20, 2016, 06:13:52 PM »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1895 on: January 24, 2016, 10:09:12 PM »
So Lyte and everyone agree that Arslan sucks and I totally believe them.  But man, Koei knows how to make a good trickery demo!  I finally tried the PS4 demo and it basically was an anime version of DW8.  Huge war maps, dual weapon gameplay, horses.  Hell it basically seemed like a reskinned DW8 with cell-shaded graphics and attack on titan-type epic anime score.  Which I mean, if I was into mainline DW, I'd really be into.  But apparently the main game is no good for some reason?

Was just surprising since all the other musou spin-offs play pretty different from mainline DW, so was interesting to play one that basically felt just like DW8.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1896 on: January 24, 2016, 11:22:39 PM »
Take DW8 and make it super linear and eliminate needing to go take out various generals or use any real strategy on most maps, instead having you just run forward and slash some dudes, but generally just get to the end.  Now make it play worse.  Now add in some nasty camera glitches.  And top it off with tons and tons of barely-animated cut scenes.  That's Arslan.

I uninstalled that shit months ago and will be selling it off when I'm in Japan next month.  Good riddance.  I don't know how it's possible they could fuck up a musou game like this...but they did it.
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1897 on: February 24, 2016, 09:18:02 PM »
Looks like SW4 Empires hits NA next month, 3/15. Best Buy has a cover art, so the physical version is coming.

Any word on how this was? It's been out in Japan a while, right?
no

Mods Help

« Reply #1898 on: February 25, 2016, 12:43:26 AM »
Supposedly disappointing?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1899 on: February 25, 2016, 10:47:37 AM »
No idea how it is.  I am planning on picking it up...looks good to me!  AFAIK all these games still get physical releases over here...on PS4.  Vita and PS3 are digital.

Dragon Quest Heroes II is also looking very good and appears to be ditching the tower defense crap.  It will also have 4P cross-play co-op.  I'm definitely gonna get it now.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1900 on: February 25, 2016, 02:19:02 PM »
Are you getting Attack on Titan?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1901 on: February 25, 2016, 02:38:38 PM »
Nah, not my thing.  I'm not really big on the series and the gameplay looks kinda boring to me.
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #1902 on: March 21, 2016, 01:13:34 PM »
DW8XL is $20 and Samurai Warriors 4-II is $25 on Steam this week.

Which one bois?  I haven't played a musou since Hyrule Warriors (and I was honestly thinking about getting HW for 3DS for the new maps, but I'll wait until the season pass content comes out).

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1903 on: March 21, 2016, 05:36:35 PM »
DW8XL is $20 and Samurai Warriors 4-II is $25 on Steam this week.

Which one bois?  I haven't played a musou since Hyrule Warriors (and I was honestly thinking about getting HW for 3DS for the new maps, but I'll wait until the season pass content comes out).

Without knowing what SW4-II's performance is like on PC, I'm not sure on the technical front, but it really boils down to whether or not you want the Chinese setting or the Japanese setting.  Personally I like SW4 more than DW8 for its faster-paced playstyle and characters.

EDIT: Looks like SW4-II is like DW8XL was, I.E. it's the Playstation 3 version on PC, but with a better framerate.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:40:50 PM by funky action »
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #1904 on: March 21, 2016, 08:49:58 PM »
Yeah, get both if you can. Otherwise 4-II is more recent so maybe that one? As FA says it's more down to do you wanna mow down China or Japan lots.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1905 on: April 05, 2016, 11:23:09 AM »
Dynasty Warriors: Eiketsuden got announced for Japan.  PS3/PS4/Vita.  They're following Capcom here and making it a game based around Zhao Yun as the main character.  However, this is not an action game, but will instead be a turn-based strategy/RPG where Zhao Yun goes to a parallel world and builds up an army.  Not my cup of tea from the description.

EDIT: Apparently it will have musou-style action scenes too, which can be...skipped?   ???

Meanwhile, Sengoku Basara: Legend of Sanada Yukimura comes out in September and will have Capcom's version of Sanada Nobuyuki as a playable character, plus their father Sanada Masayuki.
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1906 on: April 09, 2016, 11:28:35 AM »
Zhao Yun is like the most boring DW character ever. :zzz

Arslan is $26.72 on amazon at the time of this post. Kinda tempted even though we all agreed it was sucky.
no

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1907 on: April 10, 2016, 06:05:00 PM »
Arslan is $26.72 on amazon at the time of this post. Kinda tempted even though we all agreed it was sucky.

Best to forget it even exists.  Just watch the anime.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Dragon Quest Heroes II!
« Reply #1908 on: May 24, 2016, 01:36:42 PM »
Dragon Quest Heroes II is out this week in J-land for PS3, PS4, and Vita.  Anyone else importing?

Famitsu gave it a money hat review of 39/40.

Koei Tecmo has announced its lineup for E3 2016, which includes Nioh and Attack on Titan, as well as confirmed it will “reveal an unannounced, top-secret title at the show, currently in development at Omega Force.”

Star Wars musou coming?
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1909 on: May 24, 2016, 04:18:10 PM »
Dragon Quest Heroes II is out this week in J-land for PS3, PS4, and Vita.  Anyone else importing?

Koei Tecmo has announced its lineup for E3 2016, which includes Nioh and Attack on Titan, as well as confirmed it will “reveal an unannounced, top-secret title at the show, currently in development at Omega Force.”

Star Wars musou coming?

Nah, DQH was too boring after 5 hours.  If it plays totally different and there's no tower defense stuff, maybe I'll pick up the US release.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1910 on: May 24, 2016, 09:21:13 PM »

Star Wars musou coming?

Nah, DQH was too boring after 5 hours.  If it plays totally different and there's no tower defense stuff, maybe I'll pick up the US release.

Have you not been following it?  It's pretty different now.  There's an overworld map to traverse, an endless dungeon, online multiplayer, big boss battles where you control giant ogres and fight dragons, etc.  I'm pretty pumped for it.
ど助平

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #1911 on: May 24, 2016, 11:51:16 PM »
Is it going to be localized?

Trent Dole

« Reply #1912 on: May 25, 2016, 02:35:41 AM »
The first one was, and was even ported over to steam. Don't see why II wouldn't be brought over.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1913 on: May 25, 2016, 10:29:15 AM »
GET HYPED BREHZ

Trailer

Online Co-Op

PS4 gameplay (1080P/60 FPS)

Vita gameplay (720P)

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1914 on: May 25, 2016, 10:38:52 AM »
Opening:

Playing as Atlas:

Info on multiplayer.  The space-time labrynth lets you use characters from DQH1!
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/18/dragon-quest-heroes-ii-recaps-youll-get-team-friends/

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1915 on: May 26, 2016, 09:56:36 AM »
Here's 30 minutes of footage from the Vita port.  Really liking how this looks to be a fusion of action/RPG and musou now and not just tower defense musou.

Getting my copies tomorrow.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1916 on: May 27, 2016, 03:17:00 PM »
Got the game and have been checking out the Vita version on my lunch break.  Looks and run damn well on the portable.  Definitely more impressive visually (and framerate-wise) than previous Koei musou games.  Must be that Square Enix budget helping them out.  You do have to use the touch screen to make up for the lack of L2 and R2, but it's for rolling mainly and this is thankfully easy to hit with your thumb.

I'm sure it will look much nicer on PS4 (and it runs at twice the framerate), but this seems good enough that I think I could have held off on the console version instead of double dipping.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:26:43 PM by bork pls »
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1917 on: May 27, 2016, 07:32:45 PM »
Yeah I'm interested in this one because it seems more of an actual ARPG and kind of like Zills Oll PS3.

Bebpo

« Reply #1918 on: May 27, 2016, 10:25:52 PM »
Here's 30 minutes of footage from the Vita port.  Really liking how this looks to be a fusion of action/RPG and musou now and not just tower defense musou.

I'm weird in that I like rpgs and I sorta-like musou but rpg musou just sounds boring as fuck to me.  The musou games I like best are stuff like Gundam Musou 3 (my favorite musou of all time) with really small stages where you move quickly and smash through a ton of enemies.  The worst part of every musou game to me is the downtime when you're running between mobs.  Although tower defense is pretty bad too because it's more stressful than fun imo. 

I find musou games are very replayable, especially when they have good loot drops, so the smaller and shorter the stages the better.  Even though I like OPM2/3, the bigger stages really just meant more time wasted doing the long stuff over and over to get the specific characters or outfit drops I wanted.  I wish there were more musou games like Gundam Musou 3.  But I guess sales have shown that musou fans want big stages and lots of riding horses around, so I'll never get what I want.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1919 on: May 28, 2016, 10:25:28 AM »

I'm weird in that I like rpgs and I sorta-like musou but rpg musou just sounds boring as fuck to me.  The musou games I like best are stuff like Gundam Musou 3 (my favorite musou of all time) with really small stages where you move quickly and smash through a ton of enemies.  The worst part of every musou game to me is the downtime when you're running between mobs.  Although tower defense is pretty bad too because it's more stressful than fun imo. 

I find musou games are very replayable, especially when they have good loot drops, so the smaller and shorter the stages the better.  Even though I like OPM2/3, the bigger stages really just meant more time wasted doing the long stuff over and over to get the specific characters or outfit drops I wanted.  I wish there were more musou games like Gundam Musou 3.  But I guess sales have shown that musou fans want big stages and lots of riding horses around, so I'll never get what I want.

I see where you're coming from and I'll have to play more to let you know how much it's worth it.  Right now I'm impressed and other impressions are overwhelmingly-positive.  I need to get more of a challenge before I can decide where this ranks on the musou scale.  One thing I can say about DQH1 is that it did have some challenging levels at times, so I hope this follows suit.

You know what musou-style game has smaller-style levels like what you're describing?

...Senran Kagura.  ;)  Valkyrie Drive, too.  Get your perv on, Beps.  :doge
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:30:16 AM by bork pls »
ど助平