Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 352375 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: One Piece Kaizoku Musou 3, Dragon Quest Heroes!
« Reply #300 on: November 15, 2011, 01:06:57 PM »
Got Sengoku Basara 3 Utage last night.  A number of new characters need to be unlocked by completing the story modes for the new characters that have them available.  Have read that the unlockable characters don't even have three additional moves that can be selected for R2; just one each.  Lazy, lazy Capcom.

Other new modes like tag are also locked and have to be unlocked by completing the story mode with everyone.  That's not something that will be difficult, but I wanted to focus on the unification mode and not bother with the story modes for what are mostly "d-list" joke character types. 

I started playing Sasuke's story mode.  While some stages from SB3 are recycled, they changed some of the layouts a bit and there are new/different enemies encountered and different bosses.

Looks like the game is pretty packed with modes/level paths/items once everything is unlocked.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #301 on: November 15, 2011, 01:46:00 PM »
That sounds kind of lazy on Capcom's part.  Locking almost everything to extend game game length. 

So are you saying ALL the new characters don't have 3 additional moves for R2?  Or just some of the more minor ones?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #302 on: November 15, 2011, 04:12:24 PM »
That sounds kind of lazy on Capcom's part.  Locking almost everything to extend game game length. 

So are you saying ALL the new characters don't have 3 additional moves for R2?  Or just some of the more minor ones?

All the added playable characters with story modes (10 of them, I think) have full move sets.  The extra six do not, which is lame.  I want to unlock at least one of them first to see if that's the only thing missing from their move sets.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #303 on: November 19, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »
Ayane is going to be playable in Musou Orochi 2.  The model is based on the Ninja Gaiden 2 version, but they're listing her as being from DOA.  There will also be a DOAX beach stage...wtf?   :lol
ど助平

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #304 on: November 19, 2011, 01:22:48 PM »
even money says she has kunoichi or nene's move set
duc

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #305 on: November 19, 2011, 01:27:35 PM »
Nemea from the Zill 0' series is also in.

So that's Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Warriors Of Troy, Bladestorm, Ninja Gaiden, and DOA represented.  What's left...Crimson Sea maybe?
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #306 on: November 20, 2011, 10:32:19 AM »
Got back to Sengoku Basara 3 Utage last night and beat Sasuke and Sorin's story modes then went to Unification Mode.  Each story mode is only three stages long, so clearing them all won't take any time.  I did have trouble on Sasuke's last stage (two bosses at once, plus their annoying guards kept getting me), so I had to drop the difficulty level down.   :-[

So while Sasuke's story is just regular ol' serious story stuff, Sorin's is...

Well holy shit.  Words cannot describe it.  It's too awesome.   :lol

I unlocked Kasuga and Matsu.  The lack of additional R2 attacks doesn't hurt them at all...they still feel like complete characters.  Everyone also has an additional (chargeable) attack when you hold down square now, too.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:35:25 AM by lyte edge »
ど助平

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #307 on: November 20, 2011, 11:29:05 AM »
the version of dynasty warrior i played had no character surfing on an aquarium

i suddenly feel very sad :fbm
<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #308 on: November 20, 2011, 01:34:43 PM »
Basara is the Saint's Row of Musou games.  Totally crazy, over-the-top and weird fun.

Utage isn't coming out in English or on 360, but you can always pirate the Wii version.   :P
ど助平

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #309 on: November 20, 2011, 01:40:46 PM »
mmm you know what,you convinced me,is there any difference version between wii and ps3 besides the obvious?

what if i wanted to try one of those orochi games on the psp? are they the same as the 360 version?
<----

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #310 on: November 20, 2011, 01:52:12 PM »
I have SB3, havent played it yet, just installed (PS3)

Bebpo

« Reply #311 on: November 20, 2011, 02:05:19 PM »
mmm you know what,you convinced me,is there any difference version between wii and ps3 besides the obvious?

what if i wanted to try one of those orochi games on the psp? are they the same as the 360 version?

Only difference in Basara is clean visuals (no jaggies) and trophies.

Himu

« Reply #312 on: November 20, 2011, 02:06:59 PM »

I told you about Basara. It has a dude who travels on a jet powered man. Yes, MAN. He jumps on him and rides him like a flying surfboard.
IYKYK

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #313 on: November 20, 2011, 02:28:28 PM »

I told you about Basara. It has a dude who travels on a jet powered man. Yes, MAN. He jumps on him and rides him like a flying surfboard.

ehy one dynasty warrior like game was enough when i was grinding 7 for the 1000/1000
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 02:30:36 PM by magus »
<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #314 on: November 20, 2011, 03:55:37 PM »

Nope; it's just the visuals.  Capcom used MT Framework Lite for this game and the Wii version is actually pretty damn impressive in comparison to the PS3 version. 

Basara is also a more streamlined game with actual levels instead of huge open battlefields.  Grinding for stuff, if needed, doesn't feel like a chore.

Keep in mind that if you want to use SB3 save data with SB3 Utage, you need to play the Japanese version.

Obvious (major) visual downgrade aside, they're the same games.  There's a few small things missing in WO1 PSP, but WO2 PSP is pretty much the same as the console versions.  It actually has more content than the PS2 and 360 versions do, in fact, plus a Japanese voice option.

Too much Musou is overkill though.   I sold off DW7 when I got Utage...especially with Musou Orochi 2 next month.  :drool  Will get back to DW7 with the Vita port next year.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 03:57:18 PM by lyte edge »
ど助平

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #315 on: November 20, 2011, 05:29:22 PM »
well allright i guess the last question is how much i'm going to be screwed by not knowing a lick of japanese? basing on my experience of DW7 i guess not that much but you can never know
<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #316 on: November 20, 2011, 06:39:58 PM »
well allright i guess the last question is how much i'm going to be screwed by not knowing a lick of japanese? basing on my experience of DW7 i guess not that much but you can never know

There's plenty of FAQs and info out there.  It's pretty straightforward...again, linear stages not open battlefields like Koei games.

You could also just play Basara 3 in English then get Utage and forget the save transferring later on if you like SB3.
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #317 on: November 20, 2011, 07:00:41 PM »
I have Basara 3 in English iirc (subs at least). There was an online co op mode right? I confess I only bought it cause it was on sale >.>

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #318 on: November 20, 2011, 09:44:17 PM »
The U.S. version is dubbed.

No online co-op, just split-screen offline.
ど助平

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #319 on: November 21, 2011, 05:23:08 PM »
mmm after playing for a while i'm not sure i really want to play this in japanese,guess i'll skip the extra character
too bad because they seems to rock,this one is almost as good as sorin! :bow

the character rocks

oda shotgunada :bow
double chainsaw guy :bow
robbo guy :bow
<----

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #320 on: November 21, 2011, 05:27:28 PM »
how does DW7 stack up with SWChronicles on 3DS?  character switching somehow bumped the game from "solid but boring" to "holy fuck" for me

Himu

« Reply #321 on: November 22, 2011, 03:13:07 PM »
Lyte Edge, is DW7XL worth it

how does DW7 stack up with SWChronicles on 3DS?  character switching somehow bumped the game from "solid but boring" to "holy fuck" for me

owns
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #322 on: November 22, 2011, 03:15:51 PM »
Oh yeah, it's BF week.  Maybe DW7 will finally drop in price so I can play it!
I'm getting Basara 3 (vanilla JP PS3 version) in a shipment in mid-December.  If I really like it I'll get Utage down the line.

I'm guessing we'll see/hear more about One Piece Musou at Jump Fiesta next month  :hyper

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #323 on: November 23, 2011, 10:40:17 AM »
I still prefer Samurai Warriors to Dynasty Warriors.  Also in DW7 you are forced to play as specific characters in story mode.  If you like the character-switching thing, try the Warriors Orochi series.

Lyte Edge, is DW7XL worth it

No idea...I didn't get it.  I sold off DW7 and I'm not sure if I am going to get this or not, since  plan to buy DW on Vita in a few months and Musou Orochi 2 is just weeks away.
ど助平

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #324 on: November 23, 2011, 12:04:04 PM »
allright i got the vanilla english sengoku basara 3,played a little with date masamune,since i tought he would be the ryu of the game but i'm not sure i like him,i picked missions at random but i seems to understand there is a logic to follow behind it? i noticed that a lot of mission here are the same of what i got from utage when i was selecting stage's at random so i guess utage has the original stage's too? anyway

- playing the japanese version i had no idea the selection after selecting your character was the difficulty,no wonder i got my ass kicked once in a particular mission,i selected hard without realizing it
- i seems to understand that in the original accessories are created but in utage they are handed out without much cerimony? that sucks a little
- also you can only buy power up in utage while in the original money is only spent on accessories?
- aaaand what's the deal with weapon getting powered up in utage but not in the original? another difference? i noticed that in utage weapon have a level but here they don't... but it seems the character have more weapon at their disposal?
- is hero mode basicaly just bullet time? had no idea i could trigger it before... you know... playing the game in english
<----

Bebpo

« Reply #325 on: November 23, 2011, 12:17:44 PM »
This is why it's more fun to play games in a language you don't understand  8)

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #326 on: November 23, 2011, 07:30:51 PM »
american sorin :fbm

EDIT: aaaaahhh you know what? fuck it! i like the rpg element in utage but in the original they suck! hard! i'm going back to utage,there isn't a lot of plot to miss and most accessories give pointless effect anyway

and as a bonus i get proper sorin again,instead of tough girl sorin
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 11:57:22 AM by magus »
<----

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #327 on: November 26, 2011, 02:50:02 PM »
you know i was wondering which could be the joke weapon of sorin and i'm very pleased with the answer
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

i finished story mode for 4 character and have been stuck on this one,he's almost on par on his wacky scale with sorin

one of his move goes like "look! behind you!" and distracts all the soldier in front of you and then you can beat retreat while they are distracted :lol :lol :lol
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 02:53:55 PM by magus »
<----

Himu

« Reply #328 on: December 05, 2011, 12:24:07 PM »

:rock
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #329 on: December 05, 2011, 12:59:56 PM »
SO HYPE

:hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper out of :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper on the scale!
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #330 on: December 05, 2011, 01:25:05 PM »
When does Orochi 2 come out? 

You know, I ordered DW7 on BF and it never shipped :(  No luck with DW games I suppose.

Himu

« Reply #331 on: December 05, 2011, 01:47:10 PM »
Ask them to ship it then
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #332 on: December 05, 2011, 02:05:24 PM »
I sent an e-mail.  Ordered it through one of Amazon's 3rd parties for $51 since it was the cheapest it will ever get.

What is DW7 XL?  Should I have bought that one instead?

Himu

« Reply #333 on: December 05, 2011, 02:42:43 PM »
xl is for ps3, requires dw7 original, has a few new characters, weapons, story mode co-op and not much else I think.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #334 on: December 05, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »
so you didn't get it?

Himu

« Reply #335 on: December 05, 2011, 02:45:38 PM »
nope, i'd get it it were for 360 though
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #336 on: December 05, 2011, 03:03:30 PM »
When does Orochi 2 come out? 

You know, I ordered DW7 on BF and it never shipped :(  No luck with DW games I suppose.

Orochi 2 comes out in Japan this month, on the 22nd IIRC.  If you're up for importing, I'd skip DW7 and get that instead at this point.

I sent an e-mail.  Ordered it through one of Amazon's 3rd parties for $51 since it was the cheapest it will ever get.

What is DW7 XL?  Should I have bought that one instead?

xl is for ps3, requires dw7 original, has a few new characters, weapons, story mode co-op and not much else I think.

It doesn't require DW7, but you can transfer DW7 save data.  Bebpo, it's an expansion with new stages/characters/weapons, but no story for the returning characters.  I think it has new story segments for the new characters, however, and possibly some wacky side-story stuff.

I no longer own DW7 but would have picked this up, if not for Orochi 2 and the Vita DW coming out.  The Vita DW7 should end up having all the DW7+XL content and Orochi has all the characters anyway.

ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #337 on: December 07, 2011, 10:46:14 PM »
Ok, this is crap.  I just got an e-mail from play-asia that the BASARA 3 THE BEST (PS3) that I ordered 2 months ago that was supposed to ship next week with some other stuff is now "out of print".  Same with non-best version.  So Basara 3 PS3 JP is now totally out of print. 

So I can deal with crappy dub for Japanese feudal anime action beat-em-up and get US version for $16 shipped (and not have anything carry over to Utage if I buy it later).  Or I have to track down a copy on Ebay for $70 or something and then hope it even arrives.  Or I can buy Utage for $50 and miss out on all the story campaigns for the characters I like.  :|

Bleh.  Guess I'll pass on Basara 3 and wait for Basara 4 at this point.  DW7 (finally shipped, yay) and One Piece Musou and maybe Orochi 2 should hold me over.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #338 on: December 08, 2011, 11:49:27 AM »
YesAsia has it.

http://www.yesasia.com/us/sengoku-basara-3-bargain-edition-japan-version/1024254813-0-0-0-en/info.html

So does GameBaz.  Never heard of them though.

http://www.gamebaz.com/?a=i&i=77925

And the expensive alternative would be NCSX...I think they still have the original for $70.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 12:00:28 PM by lyte edge »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #339 on: December 08, 2011, 04:12:25 PM »
Eh, maybe I'll just stick with the Wii version.  Seems like too much of a hassle just for trophies and better graphics :|

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #340 on: December 08, 2011, 06:32:10 PM »

:lol

Eh, maybe I'll just stick with the Wii version.  Seems like too much of a hassle just for trophies and better graphics :|

It's a hassle to order from another website?   ???
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #341 on: December 08, 2011, 06:33:26 PM »
LU BU FUCKING LOVES PEPSI, GODDAMIT
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #342 on: December 08, 2011, 06:49:59 PM »
Lyte, it's expensive for an old ass game that would be like $20 at every used store if I was living in Japan.

The only reason I was finally buying it was on the idea I'd throw it in with some other stuff on a shipment and at least not have to pay shipping.  $40 + $5 off coupon, no shipping.  Ehh, a little more reasonable.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #343 on: December 08, 2011, 06:53:23 PM »
Id literally shit myself if they could pilot gundams in Orochi 3
o_0

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #344 on: December 08, 2011, 10:11:56 PM »
Lyte, it's expensive for an old ass game that would be like $20 at every used store if I was living in Japan.

The only reason I was finally buying it was on the idea I'd throw it in with some other stuff on a shipment and at least not have to pay shipping.  $40 + $5 off coupon, no shipping.  Ehh, a little more reasonable.

But you're not living in Japan and it's not quite an "old ass" game yet.  I'd still go after the Japanese version with those English voices though.   :yuck
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #345 on: December 08, 2011, 10:12:49 PM »
Id literally shit myself if they could pilot gundams in Orochi 3

It would be cool to have a Gundam Musou where you fight both in and outside of the mechs.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #346 on: December 11, 2011, 02:29:12 PM »
http://andriasang.com/comzaq/one_piece_bundle/

one piece musou has an adventure mode that's platforming stages
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #347 on: December 11, 2011, 06:28:05 PM »
OP Musou honestly sounds like it's by the Fist of the North Star Musou staff and will be pretty similar in design and gameplay.  This makes me a little nervous, since FoTNS musou is probably the weakest musou title by a longshot this gen.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #348 on: December 11, 2011, 09:29:11 PM »
OP Musou honestly sounds like it's by the Fist of the North Star Musou staff and will be pretty similar in design and gameplay.  This makes me a little nervous, since FoTNS musou is probably the weakest musou title by a longshot this gen.

I completely disagree with you on that, and regardless, that dishonor goes to Dynasty Warriors 6.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #349 on: December 12, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »
My DW7 showed up today at work.  Which faction should I start with if I'm a DW story-noob?

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #350 on: December 12, 2011, 06:14:10 PM »
My DW7 showed up today at work.  Which faction should I start with if I'm a DW story-noob?

chronologicaly the order would be wei then shu then wu,wei has also the most kickass plot as they are the only faction that do not go on rant about friendships and love

so go with wei
<----

Bebpo

« Reply #351 on: December 12, 2011, 06:25:47 PM »
Wei it is then.

Himu

« Reply #352 on: December 12, 2011, 06:27:41 PM »
Wei -> Wu -> Shu -> Jin

Also, Jin is the best one but it should be done last. Wei and Wu are great, Shu sucks.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #353 on: December 13, 2011, 12:11:26 AM »
DW7 sux

Where is my boost cancel ability to dash out of combos?  It's so sloooooow here and boring.  Compared to DWG3 it's a joke.  In DWG3 I do my combos and I boost cancel out of them at any time to dodge and counter with a new combo.  Here I'm locked into a combo and I can't follow it up with anything.  Doing tiny little combos for no damage and getting injured along the way.  This game sucks.

Proof once again, Gundam makes everything better.  DWG3 >>>>>>>>>>>>> this.

Himu

« Reply #354 on: December 13, 2011, 12:30:01 AM »
Wrong. It depends on who you're playing as and what weapon you're using. You can't cancel unless you have three star weapons. Then you can double jump and air cancel. Also, use weapon switch to string combos.

Baka.

DWG3 has bland maps and every stage is the same.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #355 on: December 13, 2011, 12:31:52 AM »
So basically it's a grind and the game unlocks at 15 hours of play???

laaaaaame.

DWG3 is fun from the minute you start it!

Himu

« Reply #356 on: December 13, 2011, 12:34:34 AM »
No, look at what weapons your characters use. Look for three stars. Some characters have three star weapons out the gate.

Once more.

DW7 > DWG3
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #357 on: December 13, 2011, 12:39:33 AM »
Nope.  Don't buy it.  Gundam makes everything better! :P

Alright, will give DW7 another shot after I finish Zelda.  It's just that upon first glance, using the Wei campaign, the game is kind of sucky compared to the excellence that is DWG3.

Himu

« Reply #358 on: December 13, 2011, 12:46:21 AM »
Oh please spare me.  ::) They're both fantastic games for completely different reasons.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #359 on: December 13, 2011, 12:49:01 AM »
Maaaybe.

But you have to admit that on first glance, DWG3 with it's combo -> boost -> combo -> boost -> combo -> boost -> musou give you a lot more to play with off the bat.