Author Topic: Giant Bombcast  (Read 139211 times)

Boredfrom

Re: Giant Bombcast
« Reply #780 on: October 16, 2020, 01:59:16 PM »
Yeah, Abby leaving does nothing to fix the larger issues I have with the site. Namely that there's zero energy there anymore.

They're a bunch of old dudes who either do not want to play games, play the same games repeatedly or just don't want to talk about them at length

Growing up is grim

But is their job. If they don’t want to do it anymore and just let uncharismatic young dudes like Ben play games... well, I m not going to get interested in their content anymore.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #781 on: October 16, 2020, 04:36:15 PM »
Oh I'm not excusing it, I can't even make it through a few minutes of a quick look much less a podcast

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #782 on: October 16, 2020, 07:24:49 PM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #783 on: November 24, 2020, 12:23:33 PM »
Abby cant leave soon enough  :yuck

What I really miss about Giantbomb is them taking a look at new releases.

Like, you are working from home. How hard is it to start up a stream to check out some new games?

I feel like ever since they have been working from home there are less and less quicklooks at new games, and in general just way less interesting content.

I wouldnt mind watching Vinny play some open world stuff, or some FMV games. Instead they play games like Astroneer for 30 hours, same with the other game where you coop. Ofcourse all these streams are premium which I cancelled months ago.

So I guess thats why I miss the quick looks, for instance, Mafia Definitive Edition hasnt even gotten so much as a video yet and im like whut?
What

Boredfrom

« Reply #784 on: November 25, 2020, 07:21:32 PM »
Vtubers produce more enthusiastic content at daily basis than GB, that is all kinds of embarrassing. (Not mention that they are also often separated and in their own houses, how many years have passed since Vinny left to NY and still they fell uncomfortable to make long distance QL).

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #785 on: November 25, 2020, 07:45:54 PM »
It seems to me that the writing is on the wall, they all know it, and they’re just riding it out until the end :trumps
(ice)

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #786 on: November 25, 2020, 07:56:30 PM »
Yeah can't see it lasting more than a year. Big part of it was certainly Ryan dying, but it also did not help at all, that they were bought and split up from the tested/anime freaks, and then split up again into two different offices. Just had such a different vibe, when they were all in on building together doing dumb shit. Dave and Drew were also good lads I thought, who left, and Rorie just seems to... Never do any actual content anymore, despite him being the only one really interested in the typical pc games.

Then there has been some absolutely shit hires. No idea how Abby is as a video editor or whatever her actual job is, but she adds very little, and got the attitude of Brad towards people not agreeing with her. Jan or whatever he's called? Who the fuck is that man even. Ben? Jesus fucking Christ, Ben. No doubt the worst person on GB to listen to talk, and that takes a lot considering they have Alex Navarro. Klepek? I mean, I dont think he was all bad, but man, he was annoying as fuck sometimes too.

Dan while often being exaggerated into an almost Karl Pilkington figure, was fun and brought some much needed energy. He did new stuff and was exciting to listen to. So cant blame him for leaving, even if it's for some weird wrestling shit.

I'm still subscribed to their youtube channel, but I very rarely even watch their videos. Still sometimes listen to the beastcast though, cause vinny is my daddy.  :-*

But feel like everyone I know are very much in the same or close to the same opinion on GB, just not that interested in it anymore. The numbers on their videos seems to suggest it is an overall trend.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 08:50:01 PM by Mr Gilhaney »

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #787 on: November 26, 2020, 01:03:27 PM »
GBs main problem is that they don't really like each other very much. even if it was just a busted old dudes hang out session it'd work if they enjoyed each other's company. they keep it professional but there's none of what jeff and ryan had.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #788 on: November 26, 2020, 02:50:12 PM »
Yeah watching old Jeff and Ryan quicklooks are so much fun, especially their Kinect ones
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #789 on: November 26, 2020, 02:51:11 PM »
Does anyone even have a decent dynamic other than Vin y and Jeff who are never in the same content :hmm

(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #790 on: November 26, 2020, 03:15:16 PM »
I enjoy some of the Alex - Vinny content but that depends on your tolerance for Alex..

I thought Austin was a fun addition to the crew but alas. He has also went way overboard in the social justice side of things.
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #791 on: November 26, 2020, 04:47:38 PM »
I always preferred him to :exxy he’s more authentic than some rich white kid parroting the latest in wokeness he’s read on twitter :trumps
(ice)

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #792 on: November 26, 2020, 08:27:47 PM »
Yeah watching old Jeff and Ryan quicklooks are so much fun, especially their Kinect ones

or all those Vinny and Ryan videos. Some of those mailbag videos where Vinny is just being a pest to Ryan.  :lol

edit:

:lol

I'm going to dream about vinny being my dad tonight.  :-[

Boredfrom

« Reply #793 on: November 26, 2020, 09:51:05 PM »
I enjoy some of the Alex - Vinny content but that depends on your tolerance for Alex..

I thought Austin was a fun addition to the crew but alas. He has also went way overboard in the social justice side of things.

Austin was always like that, in fact he dialed it down during his time at GB. I appreciate him way more than Patrick even if people have mentioned being double faced.

Boredfrom

« Reply #794 on: November 26, 2020, 10:00:29 PM »
GBs main problem is that they don't really like each other very much. even if it was just a busted old dudes hang out session it'd work if they enjoyed each other's company. they keep it professional but there's none of what jeff and ryan had.

Being fair, Ryan was also losing interest a little before he died. Jeff mentioned he was already suggesting him in doing other stuff during the podcast where they were talking about his death. He was already pulling a Brad and doing little quick looks as posible. People sometimes shit on post Ryan GB crew on being procorporate and woke friendly but Ryan was already playing devil advocate for vodka corporate drama.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #795 on: November 27, 2020, 05:32:34 AM »
Not watching this sheit but if anyone wants to subject themselves to it

What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #796 on: November 27, 2020, 07:14:20 AM »
Nah bitch I’m cool :cac
(ice)

daycru

« Reply #797 on: November 27, 2020, 07:01:02 PM »

BrokenEchelon

« Reply #798 on: November 30, 2020, 02:59:46 PM »
Since I've been working from home almost all year, I started catching up on the Bombcast a month or so ago and basically binged their entire year during work. I like Jan, Ben, Jason, Jeff and Brad, but I feel like most of the time it's just Jeff, Brad and Ben doing most of the talking. Jan chimes in here or there, and Jason is like dead silent 95% of the time.

I watched about five minutes of the episode with Abby in it and 100% understand why she's now unemployed.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #799 on: November 30, 2020, 04:10:21 PM »
That I didnt even mention Jason before, says a lot I guess. Completely forgot he exists.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #800 on: December 15, 2020, 03:10:22 PM »
Thought Id hop on and check a new podcast but lmao who is there fucking abby

What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #801 on: December 15, 2020, 03:17:02 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:girlaff
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #802 on: December 15, 2020, 03:31:34 PM »
Yea on the west coast podcast where she has even less to add

Unsubscribed again

Thought id give them a month to see how it went but no interesting new content for days
... Lmao this site
What

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #803 on: December 16, 2020, 07:34:10 PM »
how do the bombcasts keep getting worse
how do they continue to dig deeper
Late edit: Fuckin lulz, "cyberpunk feels like an old open world game" 20 minutes later "GHOST OF TSUSHIMA IS AMAZING AND TOTALLY DOESN'T FEEL LIKE AN ASSASSINS CREED 2 RIPOFF A DECADE TOO LATE" god fuck ben
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 08:05:33 PM by DJ Bedroom »

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #804 on: December 20, 2020, 05:04:16 AM »
Y'all are a bunch of sad, sour bitches  :umad
___

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #805 on: December 20, 2020, 05:25:14 AM »
I mean their new content is just bad and boring..
What

G The Resurrected

« Reply #806 on: December 20, 2020, 06:11:36 PM »
I mean their new content is just bad and boring..

More like what content, am I right?

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #807 on: December 20, 2020, 08:45:18 PM »

Klelk

« Reply #808 on: January 12, 2021, 05:23:34 PM »
Ben leaving after GOTY  :doge

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #809 on: January 12, 2021, 05:51:15 PM »
Ben leaving after GOTY  :doge

Lets hppe so
What

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #810 on: January 12, 2021, 05:58:00 PM »
I wonder how long Jeff is under contract to stay, soon as he leaves the site is truly dead.
Hi

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #812 on: January 12, 2021, 06:40:42 PM »
Good shit
What

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #813 on: January 12, 2021, 08:13:34 PM »
I'm not gonna be sad about no more ben, but two of their three most recent hires have walked out the door. Took em like two years to hire anybody in the first place. Giant bombs gonna end with Jeff just 24/7 streaming trackmania 2

Boredfrom

« Reply #814 on: January 13, 2021, 05:00:15 AM »
I'm not gonna be sad about no more ben, but two of their three most recent hires have walked out the door. Took em like two years to hire anybody in the first place. Giant bombs gonna end with Jeff just 24/7 streaming trackmania 2

I will take that over Ben and Abby.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #815 on: January 13, 2021, 06:37:14 AM »
Wasn’t Abby was laid off rather than left of her own free will?
(ice)

thetylerrob

« Reply #816 on: January 13, 2021, 12:05:42 PM »

:lol

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #817 on: January 13, 2021, 12:18:12 PM »
No, GB is being sold (alongside CNET and whatever) and she didn't choose to renew the contract. It's weird that Ben didn't take the exact same opportunity to jump ship. I guess his epiphany took a little longer.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #818 on: January 13, 2021, 01:28:29 PM »
No, GB is being sold (alongside CNET and whatever) and she didn't choose to renew the contract. It's weird that Ben didn't take the exact same opportunity to jump ship. I guess his epiphany took a little longer.

Is there any truth to that whatsoever? Everything points to her being fired.

Why would you go on a bombcast with your ex collegues you chose to leave to do... What exactly?

Why would you not renew a contract when you have absolutely nothing else lined up?

Ive been fired and been in similar situations, but Ive never quit a job without having something else lined up.
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #819 on: January 13, 2021, 01:46:59 PM »
Why would you go on a bombcast with your ex collegues you chose to leave to do... What exactly?

Why would you not renew a contract when you have absolutely nothing else lined up?

Ive been fired and been in similar situations, but Ive never quit a job without having something else lined up.
Cause you have time and didn't leave on bad terms?

Because you probably got severance pay?

Again, severance pay.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #820 on: January 13, 2021, 01:55:58 PM »
Well yeah, severance pay. But she didnt leave willingly I believe.
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #821 on: January 13, 2021, 02:00:31 PM »
I think your rather strong dislike for her is influencing your perception there.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #822 on: January 13, 2021, 05:44:12 PM »
What indeed
What

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #823 on: January 13, 2021, 07:02:43 PM »
nah
rub

Boredfrom

« Reply #824 on: January 13, 2021, 07:21:54 PM »
Jeff Gerstmann net worth and salary: Jeff Gerstmann is a Journalist who has a net worth of $76 million.

(Image removed from quote.)

His Turbografx game collection will pay for her child’s college. :awesome

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #825 on: January 22, 2021, 06:24:28 PM »
Every time they bring up Doom Eternal in these goty conversations I want to die

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #826 on: January 22, 2021, 10:42:39 PM »
Sounds like riveting content! :doge
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #827 on: February 04, 2021, 01:32:09 PM »
https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/jan-n-juice-yu-gi-oh-duel-links/2970-20938/free-video

More riviting content.

While Dan Ryckert did an entire stream of Goldeneye 007 XBLA on his Twitch channel.

I asked Jeff on Twitter why there has been such an enormous drought of quicklooks on the site. No answer sadly.

But I dont understand, there are plenty of games coming out. Dont they have work to do? The Medium? Dead Cells new DLC?

Anything?

What are they doing over there, like for real?

What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #828 on: February 04, 2021, 04:13:52 PM »
I imagine they're too busy waiting to be made redundant :trumps
(ice)

Boredfrom

« Reply #829 on: February 05, 2021, 05:55:51 PM »
https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/jan-n-juice-yu-gi-oh-duel-links/2970-20938/free-video

More riviting content.

While Dan Ryckert did an entire stream of Goldeneye 007 XBLA on his Twitch channel.

I asked Jeff on Twitter why there has been such an enormous drought of quicklooks on the site. No answer sadly.

But I dont understand, there are plenty of games coming out. Dont they have work to do? The Medium? Dead Cells new DLC?

Anything?

What are they doing over there, like for real?

They always have this droughts after Game Of the year. Is not excuse thought, specially after this GOTY, but this always happens.

Meanwhile, at vtubers:

Trent Dole

« Reply #830 on: February 06, 2021, 04:02:48 PM »
Is there even an easy way to see what their game of the year and everything else is? I'm not going to go sit through a 4 hour podcast to hear their results. ::)
Hi

Quaker

« Reply #831 on: February 06, 2021, 05:16:34 PM »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #832 on: February 06, 2021, 05:25:42 PM »
Is there even an easy way to see what their game of the year and everything else is? I'm not going to go sit through a 4 hour podcast to hear their results. ::)
I'm sure someone posted the final ranking in each of the video's comments. Too lazy to check.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #833 on: February 06, 2021, 06:08:57 PM »
Do they not do written articles for it anymore :thinking
(ice)

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #834 on: February 07, 2021, 09:21:56 AM »
Am I high or does Jeff just seem like, really tired and doesn’t like anything anymore

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #835 on: February 07, 2021, 04:41:58 PM »
"MO" makes it sound like he's running some kind of scheme. The man has been doing the same shit his entire working life and he has a small daughter now. Of course he's tired.

Trent Dole

« Reply #836 on: February 08, 2021, 09:57:42 AM »
I'm sure someone posted the final ranking in each of the video's comments. Too lazy to check.
Not in the comments on the site or the YT upload. :doge
Hi

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #837 on: February 08, 2021, 01:50:41 PM »
I looked on their site and it doesn't look like they even bother doing the write ups anymore :lol
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #838 on: February 08, 2021, 01:57:00 PM »
They still get a load of vaguely notable people like Kenny Olivier and the indie dev gang to do top ten for them tho :oreilly

I imagine that is the grand total of Alex Navarro's effort for the year :lol
(ice)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #839 on: February 08, 2021, 05:25:40 PM »
Not in the comments on the site or the YT upload. :doge
Welp. I guess nobody cared. :lol

I don't remember jack shit about these (had them on in the background at 2x), so I can't even tell you if you're missing anything...