Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1172250 times)

maxy

• Sales Loser
Re: Sales Talk Thread of Sales Talk and Only Sales Talk
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2012, 08:27:15 AM »
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc, today announced that the sales of the PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) portable entertainment system reached over 1.2 million units worldwide as of February 26, 2012. PS Vita experienced an initial burst of momentum when it launched on December 17, 2011 in Japan followed by Hong Kong, Taiwan and South Korea. Newly launched in North and Latin America, Europe and PAL territories as well as in Singapore on February 22, 2012, sales have exceeded expectations surpassing over 1.2 million units worldwide, firmly establishing PS Vita as the must-have portable entertainment device across the world. Software sales across the globe have surpassed 2.0 million units at both retail and on PlayStation®Network.

“PS Vita was designed to deliver the ultimate portable entertainment experience, and we couldn’t be more thrilled with the reaction we’re seeing from consumers and the pace at which PS Vita is selling,” said Andrew House, President and Group CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. “The market has responded and there is clear demand for a mobile device capable of providing a revolutionary combination of rich gaming and social connectivity within a real world context. To sustain momentum, we’re working closely with 3rd party developers and publishers to ensure the best games and franchises possible will be available on PS Vita, and our software line up for the remainder of 2012 will have something for everyone across the globe.”

PS Vita introduces new ways to play, delivering deep and immersive gameplay experiences that have never been offered on any other handheld gaming device. Equipped with dual analog sticks, a vibrant 5-inch high definition OLED multi-touch screen, powerful quad core processor, six-axis motion sensing system, built in microphone, and front and rear cameras, PS Vita is the ultimate portable entertainment system. In addition to the ultimate portable gaming experience, by having both Wi-Fi and 3G network connectivity, together with various applications, PS Vita will enable infinite possibilities for users to “encounter,” “connect,” “discover,” “share” and “play” with friends wherever they are.

With more than 25 titles currently available in North and Latin America, Europe and the PAL territories and Japan* respectively including EA SPORTS FIFA Football, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom®3 from Capcom, UNCHARTEDTM: Golden Abyss, WipEout® 2048 and Escape Plan from SCE Worldwide Studios, as well as over 70 titles in development, PS Vita is poised to drive continued momentum across the globe.

It lives.

I guess this is shipped,otherwise they would say sell-through.

edit:Sony confirmed it's sold

« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:24:37 PM by maxy »
cat

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2012, 08:51:46 AM »
"1.2 million units worldwide"

About half Japan (where sales have slowed) and half rest of the world correct?

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2012, 08:58:00 AM »
Japan followed by Hong Kong, Taiwan and South Korea. Newly launched in North and Latin America, Europe and PAL territories as well as in Singapore on February 22, 2012,

Japan is about 580k sold
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:00:57 AM by maxy »
cat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2012, 09:10:56 AM »
firmly establishing PS Vita as the must-have portable entertainment device across the world.

Ahahahaha
dog

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2012, 11:45:27 AM »
it outsold the 3ds  in europe and prob america how is it "not good"  ???
USA

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2012, 11:53:03 AM »
Apparently Sony confirmed that the 1.2 is sold, not shipped.
dur

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2012, 12:03:24 PM »
Compare to PSP which sold 500k in its first week in NA, 1 million in EU in its first week, and hundreds of thousands more than the Vita in Japan (still digging for the exact number).  Basically at this point the PSP was over the 2 million mark and well on its way to 3.

After digging through the old Media Create threads at GAF, the PSP had sold about 825k units after the first ten weeks.
dog

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2012, 12:09:25 PM »
it was also literally mind blowing and there wasn't smart phones
USA

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2012, 12:15:26 PM »
The smart phone excuse might work, except for the fact that the 3DS is well ahead of the DS in American and Japan at the same stage in its life.
dog

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2012, 12:26:19 PM »
oh no
he will start to teach algebra again
cat

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2012, 12:29:49 PM »
LISTEN U FUKKIN MORONS just because it didnt outsell the 3ds dun mean its not "good" wow how do u guys not know this
USA

Huff

« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2012, 12:34:54 PM »
 With the market today, what would have been a good first week in NA and Europe?
dur

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #192 on: February 28, 2012, 12:36:46 PM »
With the market today, what would have been a good first week in NA and Europe?

apparently 1 million in each market
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #193 on: February 28, 2012, 12:43:07 PM »
what if thats what I want  ???
USA

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #194 on: February 28, 2012, 01:19:45 PM »
uh oh

Sales of Sony's PS Vita console got off to a "disappointing" start in the UK, it has been confirmed.

Week one Chart-Track figures reveal that Sony's new handheld device sold "around one quarter" of the number of the 185,000 PSP units shifted in the UK during its first week on sale back in September 2005.

Half-hearted

Although exact data has not been publicly announced by either Chart-Track or Sony, industry sources have confirmed that the figure is "just over half" of the 89,000 sold by the Nintendo 3DS in its first week almost a year ago.

With pre-orders of Vita reportedly around the 70,000 mark, Sony will be hoping that the generally positive critical reception to its new device will coax cash-strapped consumers into shelling out for its next generation handheld.

The news comes hours after Sony elected to publish a global figure for Vita sales to date of 1.2 million.

With total Japanese sales confirmed as being 578,812 on February 19th, the remaining 600,000 will have been split between the remaining worldwide territories.

Figures from other Western territories have yet to emerge.

'We all saw it coming'

Meanwhile, one senior source felt that the low UK sales should not come as a surprise.

"It's disappointing, sure, but we all saw it coming," said the source.

"Realistically, I think a lot of people can see it's technically a great system, but people just don't have the cash to shell out for the same game twice. A lot will be waiting for a true system seller before taking the plunge, or, more likely, be happier continuing to pay 69p for dozens of mobile games.

"The market has changed," the source concluded.
http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/PlayStation+Vita/news.asp?c=38346
cat

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2012, 01:34:28 PM »
Everybody knows this thing is DOA outside of Japan and it ain't doing too hot there at the moment. Wait a couple of months when sales really hit the toilet after Ipad 3 or the next hot phone comes out and now that the early adopter crowd is gone.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #196 on: February 28, 2012, 01:38:28 PM »
so that means it did 500k in the US?
USA

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #197 on: February 28, 2012, 01:51:31 PM »

Probably not, because the remaining 570k is split between the US, the rest of Europe [since that article is just the UK], other Asian countries, and Australia.
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2012, 03:10:22 PM »
Not everyone's ready to leave the handheld ghetto.  :tophat
©@©™

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2012, 05:50:18 PM »

Probably not, because the remaining 570k is split between the US, the rest of Europe [since that article is just the UK], other Asian countries, and Australia.

Don't forget the PSP's one stronghold outside of Japan - New Zealand
itm

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2012, 06:31:00 PM »

which of u dum xbots made this
USA

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2012, 06:56:59 PM »
Just counting the Japanese total up to the global release and the first week in America, the sales of the 3DS should be 1.275. You can add another 300k for Europe.

Or, if you just want to add up the first week from all three major regions:

PSVITA: 944k
3DS: 1114K
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:04:20 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #202 on: February 29, 2012, 10:52:10 AM »
3DS   76,322
PS3   27,111
PSP   15,928
Vita   11,186
Wii   7,878
360   1,508
PS2   1,269
DSi LL   977
DSi   662
cat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #203 on: February 29, 2012, 11:26:41 AM »
At this rate the Vita may not even be able to catch up with the Xbox360.
dog

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #204 on: February 29, 2012, 12:05:18 PM »
At this rate the Vita may not even be able to catch up with the Xbox360.

The Vita is outselling the 360 10:1 i don't think it'll have any problems Great Xbot
USA

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #205 on: February 29, 2012, 12:09:14 PM »
Yeah, I guess you're right, we can look forward to the Vita finally passing the Xbox360 in Japan on January 22, 2014!
dog

Huff

« Reply #206 on: February 29, 2012, 02:47:39 PM »
Is the next "big" game really P4 in June? Vita looking good in the east
dur

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #207 on: February 29, 2012, 02:48:28 PM »
Famous Michael Pachter Nintendo in disarray talk

EA is fucking around
 :lol

Pachter :bow2

He really trashed Nintendo---Nintendo RIP

cat

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #208 on: February 29, 2012, 05:15:01 PM »
this was meant to go here.

地平線

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #209 on: February 29, 2012, 05:21:41 PM »
Are they going to take a pay cut?
dog

Stoney Mason

« Reply #210 on: March 01, 2012, 12:51:18 PM »
Famous Michael Pachter Nintendo in disarray talk

EA is fucking around
 :lol

Pachter :bow2

He really trashed Nintendo---Nintendo RIP

People over at GAF are such idiots as evidenced by the uproar over this. Pachter is often wrong when it comes to predictions but I would argue so are most forum types. But his angle is always about profit and money because that's his freaking job. He doesn't care about gamers, or gaming in any relative sense in the way GAF types do That's not his job. His job is to look at profit and losses and extrapolate whether companies are doing better or worse relative to those very narrow parameters and their strategies regarding that. The fact that many sites mix him in with their commentary and fanzine type coverage is the issue. It would be like mixing business stories in the home and garden section of a newspaper. One is about the niche interests of people who like plants and the other is about the business and economics of plants.

GAF and gamers in general has demonstrated over and over again that people can't separate their fanboyism from their analytical mind.   

You can criticize Pachter for being short sighted or only concerned with the bottom line which a profit generating focus often is but don't bring him into the fanboy wars because that's not what he is about.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:06:03 PM by Stoney Mason »

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #211 on: March 01, 2012, 02:17:58 PM »
Pacther should post here,he would fit nicely.

cat

« Reply #212 on: March 01, 2012, 02:30:39 PM »
You can criticize Pachter for being short sighted or only concerned with the bottom line which a profit generating focus often is but don't bring him into the fanboy wars because that's not what he is about.
I'm not a fan of Pachter, but it's not because I think he's a dumb fanboy who picks on my favorite systems/games. All in all, I'm sure that the guy must be decent at what he does as far as predicting stock prices, but I've never really considered his analysis to be very on point. He might ultimately know how predict what happens on the DOW (I don't really follow this kind of thing, so I'm giving the benefit of the doubt), but in delving into his predictions about market trends and reasons behind market trends? I don't know. The guy just really doesn't seem to "get it," or at least can't articulate very well his reasoning.

Moreover, he ventured into "I kind of think he's a douche" territory for me around the time when there was that backlash against Team Bondi's bad working conditions, and on GameTrailers or whatever he answered a question pondering the need for unions. His response basically boiled down "conditions might have been a little bad, but salaried employees should anticipate working well beyond 40 hours a week without added compensation... and hey, they'll probably get bonuses because the game did well!" The studio ended up shutting down because the game didn't do well enough.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #213 on: March 01, 2012, 02:39:04 PM »
I'm not a fan of Pachter, but it's not because I think he's a dumb fanboy who picks on my favorite systems/games. All in all, I'm sure that the guy must be decent at what he does as far as predicting stock prices, but I've never really considered his analysis to be very on point. He might ultimately know how predict what happens on the DOW (I don't really follow this kind of thing, so I'm giving the benefit of the doubt), but in delving into his predictions about market trends and reasons behind market trends? I don't know. The guy just really doesn't seem to "get it," or at least can't articulate very well his reasoning.

Moreover, he ventured into "I kind of think he's a douche" territory for me around the time when there was that backlash against Team Bondi's bad working conditions, and on GameTrailers or whatever he answered a question pondering the need for unions. His response basically boiled down "conditions might have been a little bad, but salaried employees should anticipate working well beyond 40 hours a week without added compensation... and hey, they'll probably get bonuses because the game did well!" The studio ended up shutting down because the game didn't do well enough.

That's the thing. Its all right to not like him or more accurately not be interested in his views because he is coming from  a very singular viewpoint. It's not surprising that's he anti-union and probably anti consumer in many cases. There's an entire party (and some would say two parties) that have this exact same philosophy in this country because they put economics in front of rights in many cases. But I don't think this is generally what blows up GAF threads into 18 pages. It's OMG he said something not 100% positive about some videogame company I care deeply about. Every blog was posting those quotes like it was some shocking smackdown condemantion of Nintendo. It's just an off the cuff answer to a question. There is nothing there to inspire the level of examination that was given from one random dude. If the Wii U comes out like gangbusters and sells at Wii levels he'll be the first guy to admit he was wrong. His flaws come from his very narrow focus. But he also has some strengths in that area because he isn't burdened by actually caring about which game company or publisher comes out on top.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 02:43:19 PM by Stoney Mason »

« Reply #214 on: March 01, 2012, 02:42:57 PM »
That's the thing. Its all right to not like him or more accurately not be interested in his views because he is coming from  a very singular viewpoint. It's not surprising that's he anti-union and probably anti consumer in many cases. There's an entire party (and some would say two parties) that have this exact same philosophy in this country. But I don't think this is generally what blows up GAF threads into 18 pages. It's OMG he said something not 100% positive about some videogame company I care deeply about. Every blog was posting those quotes like it was some shocking smackdown condemantion of Nintendo. It's just an off the cuff answer to a question. There is nothing there to inspire the level of examination that was given from one random dude.
Yeah, I should have clarified that I wasn't disagreeing with you so much as needlessly chiming in. I agree.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #215 on: March 01, 2012, 02:50:31 PM »
I got you. I know you're not a fanboy type.

Tasty

« Reply #216 on: March 01, 2012, 09:29:36 PM »
Actually the fun thing is, Pachter *does* like poking fanboy nests.  He's admitted as much.  That's why it's important to understand the difference between Pachter the analyst and Pachter the commentator.  Gamers don't often hear Pachter the analyst because that information is how he feeds his family so he doesn't really spread it around for free.  Pachter the commentator is often asked analyst questions but takes the opportunity to just have fun a lot of the time, which is why his accuracy suffers in this area.

It's kind of funny.  A lot of people don't realize Pachter was a GAFer long before there was a michaelpachter account.

Go on.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2012, 11:04:52 PM »
I should try applying for a job at NPD (if they have software/IT positions available) - they're headquartered in my area. Pretty much the only relevant videogame related thing nearby ever since Acclaim went out of business.
^_^

« Reply #218 on: March 02, 2012, 09:04:29 AM »
It's kind of funny.  A lot of people don't realize Pachter was a GAFer long before there was a michaelpachter account.
Heh. I kind of figured that after he achieved minor notoriety in the gaming world, a little bit of trolling may have been a secondary motivator just because I can see why that sort of thing might be kind of fun. I've also known that there's more to his job than just making hyperbolic "Nintendo is doomed!" predictions. However, I didn't suspect that the gap between his public persona and his career was that large. My read was always just that I assumed -- given that he still has a job -- that he must be pretty good at predicting the "what" of trends. However, I assumed he was not the greatest at understanding the "why," or at least articulating it in interviews.

But if there's more trolling than I gave him credit for, I can respect that.

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #219 on: March 02, 2012, 01:07:05 PM »
Who tracks adult entertainment?  That would be a fun sector to work in. 

Damian79

« Reply #220 on: March 03, 2012, 05:02:44 PM »
I dont understand why he is so up on Sony thoguh like since forever.  They are most likely to fold before Nintnedo.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #221 on: March 03, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »
I dont understand why he is so up on Sony thoguh like since forever.  They are most likely to fold before Nintnedo.

no theyr'e not  ???. nitnendos laurels lie solely in video games. Sonys doesnt.
USA

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #222 on: March 03, 2012, 05:48:08 PM »
Methodis, Sony's glory days are over regardless of whatever market it chooses to target.  It's lost a huge chunk of the TV market to Samsung, Walkman is dead, Sony PCs and tablets are irrelevant, etc.  I feel ur pain but you just gotta accept it.  It brought me lots of grief too but I've realized that the company that I love to troll most is forever gone. 

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #223 on: March 03, 2012, 05:53:24 PM »
Sony have one of the biggest movies of all time coming out this summer. It hink they're fine.
USA

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #224 on: March 03, 2012, 06:49:28 PM »
Sony have one of the biggest movies of all time coming out this summer.

Total Recall?
dog

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #225 on: March 03, 2012, 06:50:00 PM »
spiderman how can u be so dum
USA

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #226 on: March 03, 2012, 06:53:59 PM »
why would anyone want to remake total recall, its perfect already
萌え~

pilonv1

« Reply #227 on: March 03, 2012, 07:31:49 PM »
Sony have one of the biggest movies of all time coming out this summer.

Total Recall?

Wont be as good as the original.
itm

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #228 on: March 03, 2012, 07:43:13 PM »
Nintendo's stock price soared because of insane growth with the Wii and DS, growth they're HIGHLY unlikely to see again anytime soon. They're coming down from those heights so that, even though they're still successful within the gaming sphere [i.e. sales], buying or holding on to their stock isn't the right move for most investors.
dog

Tasty

« Reply #229 on: March 03, 2012, 08:08:50 PM »
The thing people (i.e. fanboy gamers) don't get with video game market analysis is that they simply don't understand what makes a company successful.

Nintendo fans would have been screaming BUY NINTENDO - and look what has happened to Nintendo over the last few years. Pachter is right - the fanboys are wrong, and they'd lose investors money.

I'd say buy Nintendo now definitely, basically only way to go is up. In 2007/2008 you'd have to be a moron to buy in then. Buy low, sell high.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #230 on: March 03, 2012, 11:16:51 PM »

:rofl

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2012, 03:07:49 AM »
Buying Nintendo stock now would be like pissing your money away. If you want a stock tip check which publicly traded companies are involved with the NASA mission to mars scheduled for 2018/2020(if any). Space flight develops great tech and their stocks are sure to rise

Damian79

« Reply #232 on: March 04, 2012, 04:57:59 AM »
Buying Nintendo stock now would be like pissing your money away. If you want a stock tip check which publicly traded companies are involved with the NASA mission to mars scheduled for 2018/2020(if any). Space flight develops great tech and their stocks are sure to rise

Isnt Nintendo's stock lowest in 6 years?  That said i still think they are still over vlaued compared to other Japanese companies.

EDIT:  My bad it can go lowere carry on.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=NTDOY.PK+Basic+Chart&t=my
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 05:05:21 AM by Damian79 »

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #233 on: March 04, 2012, 04:45:47 PM »
Is anyone here even a legit stockholder?  These moot points are driving me bananas.  Like Youngblood said, I don't have a problem with what Pachter says about a companie's outlook but rather that his reasoning presented just doesn't follow or represents a flawed oversimplification of the current market situation.   Like the original assertion that the wii was going to meet its demise because it wasn't hd, whereas the real problem wasn't general consumers caring too much about graphic fidelity as much as content.
sad

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #234 on: March 04, 2012, 05:44:52 PM »
The thing people (i.e. fanboy gamers) don't get with video game market analysis is that they simply don't understand what makes a company successful.

Nintendo fans would have been screaming BUY NINTENDO - and look what has happened to Nintendo over the last few years. Pachter is right - the fanboys are wrong, and they'd lose investors money.

I'd say buy Nintendo now definitely, basically only way to go is up. In 2007/2008 you'd have to be a moron to buy in then. Buy low, sell high.

Andrex: Whimsical Stock Analyst
🍆🍆

Tasty

« Reply #235 on: March 04, 2012, 06:44:52 PM »
fo sho  :punch

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #236 on: March 04, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »
You should quit your job at the power plant and become a professional stock . . . market guy.

pilonv1

« Reply #237 on: March 04, 2012, 08:37:15 PM »
Send me your resume andrex, I'll hook you up with a sweet research job tracking childrens apparel.
itm

Tasty

« Reply #238 on: March 04, 2012, 10:31:32 PM »
You should quit your job at the power plant and become a professional stock . . . market guy.

I ain't giving up my super fly cash-pumpin web dev job I just got.  :pimp

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #239 on: March 06, 2012, 10:55:53 AM »
Link
UKIE's PC download chart is officially here, with Star Wars: The Old Republic sitting at the top.

The new chart is still in beta and represents sales from January. UKIE estimates that it represents around 40 per cent of the overall digital PC market.

The chart was put together by UKIE's digital group, which consists of 25 organisations. Any company can joint the Group, UKIE member or not. The data is compiled by the members of this group (publishers and developers), so doesn't come directly from retailers such as Steam.

UK PC Download Chart: Full Game January 2012
1.    Star Wars: The Old Republic - EA
2.    From Dust - Ubisoft
3.    Bastion - Warner Bros
4.    Battlefield 3 - EA
5.    Batman: Arkham City - Warner Bros
6.    Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Standard Edition) - Square Enix
7.    Anno 2070 - Ubisoft
8.    Assassin's Creed 2 (Collector's Edition) - Ubisoft
9.    Assassin's Creed Revelations - Ubisoft
10.    Hitman Collection - Square Enix
11.    Anno 2070 (Collector's Edition) - Ubisoft