Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 - We're finally Next-Gen!  (Read 159193 times)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 - "2077" Refers To The Release Date
« Reply #240 on: January 17, 2020, 12:31:15 AM »
Who knows, maybe those five extra months will allow them to polish the game to a point where it doesn't look like a massive downgrade from the OG gameplay reveal anymore.

:larry

Search your heart. You know I'm right.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2020, 01:01:12 AM »
Ok, what other promising first quarter games haven’t received their delay yet?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2020, 02:18:36 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)
Halo Infinite still doesn't have a release date.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2020, 05:33:20 AM »

I'll be very surprised if Halo launches at launch, all things that have come out sound like it's in development hell, Microsoft cannot afford another bad Halo game.... especially at launch.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2020, 04:31:38 PM »

Resident Evil 3, but in glorious Nippon they're not shy about just chaining developers to their desks and working them to death, thank god

Hopefully it does get delayed, so they add in Mercenaries, Classic Angle mode, and cut enemies/areas from Bio 2 (via a patch that one) and the eventual cuts to this one due to it being rushed right after. :kermit

And/or nix the shitty 4v1 that may die in a month. :kermit :kermit and put that effort into the above.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2020, 08:34:01 PM »

I'll be very surprised if Perfect Dark Zero launches at launch, all things that have come out sound like it's in development hell, Microsoft cannot afford another bad Rare game.... especially at launch.
Been there done that  :teehee
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2020, 09:15:52 AM »

Wtf why does DOOM MARINE have a face now
What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2020, 09:20:37 AM »
he's always had a face lol

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #248 on: January 20, 2020, 09:37:13 AM »

:what
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #249 on: January 20, 2020, 10:35:11 AM »
And this from the Doom 2016's box art:

dog

Coax

« Reply #250 on: January 20, 2020, 06:16:12 PM »
:what

Underrated reference whether intentional or not.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #251 on: January 20, 2020, 07:37:04 PM »
Half-Life: Alyx hasn't been delayed yet.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
March will come and go and Valve just won't mention it again lol
[close]
sup

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

Raist

« Reply #253 on: January 21, 2020, 09:25:08 AM »

... really?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #255 on: January 23, 2020, 07:44:50 AM »
I mean, they aren't using the Witcher 3 engine IIRC so it makes sense if they were/are targetting next-gen but had PS4/X-box in the target specs back in the day and thus advertised it for those.

Still, begs the question why they don't release the PC version on time and tell the console plebs "ya'll can't run it."

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #256 on: January 23, 2020, 08:08:07 AM »
I mean, they aren't using the Witcher 3 engine IIRC so it makes sense if they were/are targetting next-gen but had PS4/X-box in the target specs back in the day and thus advertised it for those.

Still, begs the question why they don't release the PC version on time and tell the console plebs "ya'll can't run it."

money
What

kingv

« Reply #257 on: January 23, 2020, 08:29:58 AM »
This game would probably never get made without consoles sales factored in, pc only cyberpunk would likely be a very different game.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #258 on: January 23, 2020, 09:23:45 AM »
Tbh, it seems like this game has gone thru an incredibly long process of being in developmental hell. It running poorly on consoles is an issue, but I feel like there's a lot of other stuff that's been reworked a million times over.

OH!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #259 on: January 23, 2020, 09:29:50 AM »
it's probably mostly the OG Xbone. That thing is such a pile of shit I don't know how you could get something running on that if you also wanted it to look great on the X and high end PCs.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2020, 09:42:47 AM »

https://twitter.com/antwan33102317/status/1220037459658059790
https://twitter.com/Suuhls_96/status/1220081512076468229

:rage
ど助平

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #261 on: January 23, 2020, 10:14:22 AM »
What was that noise? Console only peasants say something? Never mind, it's gone.
©ZH

thisismyusername

« Reply #262 on: January 23, 2020, 11:39:23 AM »
This game would probably never get made without consoles sales factored in, pc only cyberpunk would likely be a very different game.

I mean Disco Elysium is apparently a success (is that getting a console port? Fuck if I know. Shows how much I care about consoles  now that "Pay for your own online access" became a thing), and that is PC-only currently.

Console sales certainly help, but aren't a huge factor. I guess now that CD Project Red is a "AAA" developer instead of "indie" (ugh) "AA" dev doing the Witcher on a shoe-string budget they do need consoles.

B-B-B-B-BUT COUNTERPOINT!!!!!!! They killed Gwent on consoles after iPhones (and soon Android *lol if that ever happens. Fuck you CDProject I want Gwent on Android NAO*) made more cash and everyone was nearly on PC because it was getting port patches/support than consoles. So... :yeshrug Doing Cyberpunk PC only until next-gen "on-time" wouldn't really kill them beyond bad PR for console warriors like Lager that don't have a PC now a days.

PS: Get a PC, you console folks. It'll change your life.</Mormon bible thumping tactics>

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #263 on: January 23, 2020, 11:49:42 AM »
tbh while pissing on the console only dirtpeople is always fun the delay will probably be better for the game in the big scheme of things
yar

mormapope

« Reply #264 on: January 23, 2020, 12:07:53 PM »
It must suck owning a supertoy and being treated like all the other manchildren, instead of a special, cutting edge manchild  :doge

Also, I still have no idea why this game is more resource intensive than any other open world game this gen. The level of interaction is less than Breath of the Wild, and it'll be smaller than a lot of other open world games.

:whatsthedeal

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 12:15:46 PM by mormapope »
OH!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #265 on: January 23, 2020, 12:15:43 PM »

I mean Disco Elysium is apparently a success (is that getting a console port? Fuck if I know. Shows how much I care about consoles  now that "Pay for your own online access" became a thing), and that is PC-only currently.

Console sales certainly help, but aren't a huge factor. I guess now that CD Project Red is a "AAA" developer instead of "indie" (ugh) "AA" dev doing the Witcher on a shoe-string budget they do need consoles.

B-B-B-B-BUT COUNTERPOINT!!!!!!! They killed Gwent on consoles after iPhones (and soon Android *lol if that ever happens. Fuck you CDProject I want Gwent on Android NAO*) made more cash and everyone was nearly on PC because it was getting port patches/support than consoles. So... :yeshrug Doing Cyberpunk PC only until next-gen "on-time" wouldn't really kill them beyond bad PR for console warriors like Lager that don't have a PC now a days.

PS: Get a PC, you console folks. It'll change your life.</Mormon bible thumping tactics>

card games on consoles

lol

ok
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #266 on: January 23, 2020, 12:32:49 PM »

I mean Disco Elysium is apparently a success (is that getting a console port? Fuck if I know.

I think there's a big difference in what a smaller indie dev team considers a "success" and what a now-huge developer like CDPR, making a "AAA" game, considers a success, what with the differences in the amount of money used to make the games and all.
 :brain

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 01:13:38 PM by pork »
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #267 on: January 23, 2020, 12:43:40 PM »
According to steamspy, disco Elysium sold between 200K and 500K so far. If Cyberpunk 2077 sells 500K copies in the first 3 months it would be considered a massive money-losing flop.

In 2015, Witcher 3’s sales were 70% console 30%. In 2017 it was basically 50/50.

Also, I’m sure they plan to spend a bunch of money on advertising. From their perspective it makes a lot more sense to do it once than twice.

mormapope

« Reply #268 on: January 23, 2020, 12:46:17 PM »

I mean Disco Elysium is apparently a success (is that getting a console port? Fuck if I know.

I think there's a big difference in what a smaller indie dev team considers a "success" and what a now-huge developer like CDPR, making a "AAA" game, considers a success, what with the differences in the amount of money used to make the games and all.

Something else to take take into account, this game has been in development for fucking ever and every gameplay video has a reminder that content is subject to change. I'm confident that most people working on the game didn't know what game they're making until late last year.

OH!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #269 on: January 23, 2020, 01:14:43 PM »
They should have just made the game for PC, PS5, and Xbox SXwhatever, then had somebody else handle the PS4/Xbone port jobs.
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #270 on: January 23, 2020, 04:04:51 PM »
They should have just made the game for PC, PS5, and Xbox SXwhatever, then had somebody else handle the PS4/Xbone port jobs.

Wasn’t it originally supposed to come out like 2 years ago?

thisismyusername

« Reply #271 on: January 23, 2020, 04:16:31 PM »

Again: I don't discount that Consoles will help sales. But at this point releasing the game on PC, getting bug reports/patches/etc. done would help far more than delaying the release on PC. The only reason they don't do that is because bad PR from console-warriors.

But that's just me. :yeshrug

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #272 on: January 23, 2020, 04:51:42 PM »

Wasn’t it originally supposed to come out like 2 years ago?

Maybe at some point really early on they thought it would have come out by 2018, but the first firm release date they gave was April of this year.
dog

mormapope

« Reply #273 on: January 23, 2020, 07:07:48 PM »
It’s all just a rumor anyways.

The game has been in development forever why would they just now be having trouble with target platforms?

Xbox One sucks but there are more advanced games that run fine on it.

"This super duper, ultra hyped hardcore game can barely run on POS consoles" seems like a way to both excuse shitty performance and hype up a game that hasn't really existed until recently.

All of the gameplay shown thus far makes it look like a sloppier Deus Ex game with a lot more openness.

If anything, I've become a firm believer in not showing a game until it's basically finished. Imagine if Rockstar had a RDR2 teaser in 2012 and then kept showing gameplay concepts and random content that won't be in the game for three years before release.

Gamer nerds will assume a game is shit if not much is shown off, but I'm starting to feel demoing a game a dozen times indicates lack of confidence or vision.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 07:17:42 PM by mormapope »
OH!

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #274 on: January 23, 2020, 07:56:32 PM »
They really haven’t demoed this game much, have they? Basically just the past two years, although it’s been a lengthy demo each time. I feel like I don’t know a ton about this game.
serge

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #275 on: January 23, 2020, 09:45:16 PM »
They really haven’t demoed this game much, have they? Basically just the past two years, although it’s been a lengthy demo each time. I feel like I don’t know a ton about this game.

They haven't really demo'ed it that much, you don't know a ton about it, and people are just bitching cause they're bitches

:yeshrug
yar

mormapope

« Reply #276 on: January 23, 2020, 11:57:27 PM »
I'll stand proud and tall when this game ends up being the Bioshock Infinite of 2020.
OH!

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #277 on: January 24, 2020, 08:58:45 AM »
All bioshock games are trah

Witcher 3 is a top 10 of all time game, and each game CD Project made was better then the last

I think I have a bit more faith in theae guys then 2K

Cyberpunk could be half as good as Witcher and still be 4 times better then Bioshock, fact

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #278 on: January 24, 2020, 08:59:04 AM »
i liked bioshock infinite :)

but i hope cyberpunk is much better than that. i had read that they only actually started production on cyberpunk after witcher 3 wrapped up, so that would make it about four years in production. that doesn't seem too unreasonable to me.

mormapope

« Reply #279 on: January 24, 2020, 09:48:04 AM »
i liked bioshock infinite :)

but i hope cyberpunk is much better than that. i had read that they only actually started production on cyberpunk after witcher 3 wrapped up, so that would make it about four years in production. that doesn't seem too unreasonable to me.

I like Bioshock Infinite as well, it's development wasn't the smoothest and was rebooted sometime during development I believe.

https://kotaku.com/why-cyberpunk-2077-is-taking-so-long-1826920382

https://kotaku.com/as-cyberpunk-2077-development-intensifies-cd-projekt-r-1834849725

This type of stuff combined with each demo not being a part of the actual game is painting a familiar picture. If I'm wrong and the game is great, I'd happily admit my apprehension was misplaced.
OH!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #280 on: January 24, 2020, 09:55:12 AM »
But in that article it says they didn't really focus on the game until after Witcher 3 shipped and were only working in a pre-production sort of way. Not really seeing the issue you are trying to make out of it.

Perhaps there is an issue but four years to put out a AAA game really doesn't seem like a development hell sort of situation.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #281 on: January 24, 2020, 11:35:02 AM »
If video game forums have taught me anything, there is only one reason for a game not being optimized on a system:

lazy devs
[close]
©ZH

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #282 on: January 24, 2020, 11:55:41 AM »
If video game forums have taught me anything, there is only one reason for a game not being optimized on a system:

lazy devs
[close]

ど助平

Raist

« Reply #283 on: January 24, 2020, 12:36:34 PM »
Can't wait to see to which degree exactly it's not even remotely close to the first demo :hyper

The meltdowns are going to be glorious.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #284 on: January 24, 2020, 01:29:41 PM »
But in that article it says they didn't really focus on the game until after Witcher 3 shipped and were only working in a pre-production sort of way. Not really seeing the issue you are trying to make out of it.

Perhaps there is an issue but four years to put out a AAA game really doesn't seem like a development hell sort of situation.

4 years is about how long Witcher 3 took to develop.
dog

Raist

« Reply #285 on: January 24, 2020, 01:41:20 PM »
Announcing the game in 2012 and releasing a teaser in 2013 might have been a wee bit of a mistake.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #286 on: January 24, 2020, 01:44:02 PM »
Witcher 3 had several delays as well. It was originally suppose to be a fall 2014 game. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cyberpunk slip again tbh.

W3 got a lot of tweaks and QoL improvements in the months after release and with the dlcs. Blood and Wine completely revamped the menus for the better.  Might be better to wait for with the rough edges and bugs worked out of Cyberpunk and just get it later on.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #287 on: January 24, 2020, 03:38:05 PM »
Announcing the game in 2012 and releasing a teaser in 2013 might have been a wee bit of a mistake.

Maybe, but that doesn't have anything to do with the actual development of the game. And they did say at the time that development wouldn't start up until after they were finished with Witcher 3 regardless.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #288 on: January 25, 2020, 07:50:55 AM »
Witcher 3 also looked nothing like the demo's when it finally released so it'll be fine.  :yeshrug
🤴

Raist

« Reply #289 on: January 25, 2020, 08:02:44 AM »

Maybe, but that doesn't have anything to do with the actual development of the game. And they did say at the time that development wouldn't start up until after they were finished with Witcher 3 regardless.

I know. I'm just saying it's pretty much the reason why (along with a couple random rumours in 2016 or whatever) people think it's been stuck in development hell for years.

Witcher 3 also looked nothing like the demo's when it finally released so it'll be fine.  :yeshrug

TW3 is trash. Fight me.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #290 on: January 25, 2020, 09:25:26 AM »
The Witcher 3 might not be for everyone. I also find that these type of big RPG's play out differently for everyone.
Some conversations, choices and even loot and skills can make the game much better or put a dent in the whole experience.

My play through of Assassins Creed Odyssey is awesome but if you accidentally hit more of the boring areas than the fun ones (and you won't really know until you've sailed to the island and explored) it could be a drag.
The main difference with the Witcher 3 and the games it has inspired compared to something like Assassins Creed 2 (which overall gave everyone the same experience) is that these type of games can make you easily miss out on the best content hidden in specific choices, side missions or random events. When I play these type of games I often find myself wondering if I'm 'breaking' it.
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #291 on: January 25, 2020, 09:55:51 AM »
dog

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #292 on: January 25, 2020, 11:40:21 AM »
https://twitter.com/qlocsa/status/1220717265236168704

i guess they are just gonna get someone else to do the porting instead lol

Raist

« Reply #293 on: January 25, 2020, 01:00:49 PM »
TW3 is trash. Fight me.

:badass

You're goddamn right.

The Witcher 3 might not be for everyone. I also find that these type of big RPG's play out differently for everyone.
Some conversations, choices and even loot and skills can make the game much better or put a dent in the whole experience.

My play through of Assassins Creed Odyssey is awesome but if you accidentally hit more of the boring areas than the fun ones (and you won't really know until you've sailed to the island and explored) it could be a drag.
The main difference with the Witcher 3 and the games it has inspired compared to something like Assassins Creed 2 (which overall gave everyone the same experience) is that these type of games can make you easily miss out on the best content hidden in specific choices, side missions or random events. When I play these type of games I often find myself wondering if I'm 'breaking' it.

Funny you should mention AC, cause you could tell me that TW3 was made by Ubisoft and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

It's got so many of the same characteristics that make people go "AC is the same bland boring Ubi trash again and again", but yet people act like it's in the Top 5 games of all time category. I don't get it.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #294 on: January 25, 2020, 01:06:48 PM »
Wtf Raist are u talking about

AC is a copy pasta game every fucking time, they improve some things but copy pasta the entire game over

Odyssey is the same game as Origins, just in a different location, but all the shit you do is exactly the same.

Almost all of the quests are terrible, the voice acting is fucking dull and uninspired. The story is garbo 100%.

Then you have Witcher 3, where even getting a pan for an old lady is an interesting quest just because of the way it's written.
What

Raist

« Reply #295 on: January 25, 2020, 01:13:32 PM »
:rofl

Dude, TW3 is "copy pasta the game".

Giant map full of markers that are basically the same 3 busy works over and over again (sounds familiar? Oh yeah, like AC).

NPC models other than a handful of unique named ones are all the goddamn same 4 models, with a different clothes colour palette. Even the fucking animations during dialogues are the same ones repeated ad nauseum (and that includes Geralt's too).

And the writing is babby's first "character drama" soapy shite.

The game has so much padding, you could cut 80% of it and it wouldn't make a damn difference.
But I suppose some people do enjoy the hoarding minigame where you can loot hundreds of rusty spoons and boring ass books.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #296 on: January 25, 2020, 01:36:43 PM »
:rofl

Dude, TW3 is "copy pasta the game".

Giant map full of markers that are basically the same 3 busy works over and over again (sounds familiar? Oh yeah, like AC).

NPC models other than a handful of unique named ones are all the goddamn same 4 models, with a different clothes colour palette. Even the fucking animations during dialogues are the same ones repeated ad nauseum (and that includes Geralt's too).

And the writing is babby's first "character drama" soapy shite.

The game has so much padding, you could cut 80% of it and it wouldn't make a damn difference.
But I suppose some people do enjoy the hoarding minigame where you can loot hundreds of rusty spoons and boring ass books.

Giant map full of markers? Really?

The only icons there are are fast travel posts, monster lairs, boats, quest boards and treasures. Wow, so much copy pasta!

Oh no, the unimportant NPC's don't all have different clothes! What huge impact this makes on the game! (not at all)
Some of the animations are the same, wow! What copy pasta!

The writing is notches above most videogames stories, quests and missions. Show me some games that do it better that aren't 10 years old.

It's fine not to like the game, but this is some bullshit you are posting
What

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #297 on: January 25, 2020, 03:06:57 PM »
 ???
been a while since I last played but I recall even one-off little treasure areas had their own tragic writing

but yeah
delay good cause who wants to play this on the old consoles  ::)

Raist

« Reply #298 on: January 26, 2020, 09:05:03 AM »
Giant map full of markers? Really?

The only icons there are are fast travel posts, monster lairs, boats, quest boards and treasures. Wow, so much copy pasta!

Great counterpoint here. Doesn't illustrate my point at all :lol

But we can do even better!

If that's not some Ubi-like bullshit padding, I don't know what is.

The few examples I've given (yes, that includes copy pasting of NPCs, and animations) all contribute towards the fact that TW3 is full of copy/pasted, repetitive padding crap. just look at the metruc fuckton of completely useless loot the game constantly throws at you.

The illusion of a vast, detailed word doesn't hold up as soon as you start barely scratching the surface.

In this regard, games like RDR2 (which I'm not even a fan of) or Horizon for instance do a much, much better job and shit all over TW3.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #299 on: January 26, 2020, 10:38:12 AM »
HAHAHAHAH Raist m8 you are off ur rocker

Horizon isnt a RPG, and it's world was beautiful  to explore, but also dull as fuck because there was basically nothing to discover or do in that world. And I LOVED Horizon. Cmon man, fuck off with this disengenous comparison. RDR2? Not an RPG either in any sense of the word, I LOVE that game and it's world has a lot of cool authered content in the form of strangers, but aside from that there is barely anything in the world that gives you incentive to explore except for hunting.

All those green icons on TW3 map are just fast travel posts. So let's not count those at all.
There are indeed monster lairs (where you can throw a bomb in and be done with them), bandit camps, treasures and places of power. Even if they are copied from one another, they really are throwaway activities.

In Assassins Creed, not only are you forced to do almost every sidequest to make sure you level up, so you can play the boring story missions, the side missions are mostly go here and fetch this item, loot this item, kill these enemies. No choices, no decisions, nothing.

If you are going to compare TW3 to Assassins Creed.. you might as well come in with an actual difference. In TW3 not only is the writing of even side quests and treasures so much better than in AC games, in AC games there isnt even any lore to any of it.

You don't HAVE to do any of those activities, so where is the padding exactly? In AC you are forced to seek out sidequests so you can level. Why is it not a vast and detailed world? Just because NPC's have the same clothing and animations? Fucking rofl m8.

In Assassins Creed you'll hear the same lines of dialogue every 10 fucking minutes from NPC's. AI DECISION GERETH. In TW3 that barely happens if ever.

RDR2 is an outlier, because while in that game the world is pretty mediocre to explore because there really isn't any point to exploring since there isnt much to find, interactions with NPC's is on another level. You can talk to any npc.

RDR2 is also 3 years younger than TW3, so I find that kind of hard to compare since it's from small team compared to Assassins Creed or RDR2.

AC especially, is fucking garbage compared to TW3 in the world department. It's a fucking travesty you would honestly compare those games, and give AC the nudge. Fucking hilarious even

TW3 is full of copy/pasted, repetitive padding crap.

Give me some examples then, besides the clothing and animations of NPC's, or the small activities you can find in the world. Tell me how repetitive the quests and dialogue are.
What