Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 - We're finally Next-Gen!  (Read 159243 times)

Coax

Re: Cyberpunk - 2077 Bugs And Glitches
« Reply #1920 on: February 12, 2021, 07:29:16 AM »
Someone figured out the code to the locked door at Kabuki Market (605185). Johnny plays the guitar while photos of the dev team roll. Edit: turns out this was discovered much earlier but just appeared on Nexusmods as a save file. Still neat.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1921 on: February 12, 2021, 08:35:28 PM »
my legendary deadeye mod now just shows as common with no attributes  :doge

was tryna craft a legendary crunch, made like 60? or so and got a bunch of epics but no legends. not sure it's even possible to craft a legend for weapon mod from the spec? not sure. it's so painful selling things in bulk or disassembling but fairly fast to drop so rather than selling or disassembling i just leave piles of mods lying around after crafting a heap. there's also no way of seeing what rarity you crafted as you're crafting without leaving the menu, checking your inventory then going back to the crafting menu. fuckin jank.

anyway, was just gearing up for the final mission and hear the "secret" content is p hard so wanted to be prepared. my rare crunches and upgrading as far as i can for my level push my redneck smart rifle up to 1.2k dps, and my widow maker that ignores armour is ~800 8)
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #1922 on: February 14, 2021, 04:22:22 PM »
finished all the ending variants except the "secret" one. actually fairly satisfying, though i started using the "divided we stand" rifle late in the game as my first smart rifle and it made the difficulty pretty trivial on hard (and it's barely a top10 smart weapon lol). thought about using the widow maker and tech pistols instead, but they don't even do as much raw dps as the rifle and require actual aiming  :doge now 1420 dps with increased reload speed perks, just ripped through each mission. sure i could get a tech pistol dealing more damage but the lack of smart aiming makes the dps less meaningful. smart weapons are p absurd, effectively dealing the actual dps displayed consistently in heavy combat situations just sitting behind a pillar while you mince enemies. i am main int and tech char and rambo through missions despite being squishy af, clearing rooms in seconds. will be interesting how they rework smart weapons in the multiplayer.

the first ending i got naturally was objectively the "worst" ending and suited my character p well.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
v just says fuck it, tosses the pills and suicides  :lol 8)
[close]
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #1923 on: February 16, 2021, 01:17:00 AM »
tried the other weapons people were reccing and i think they're wrong. divided we stand still top for dps and amazing for crits. dealing 20k per shot at points it seems (see 20k pops off enemies). getting this crazy bug where my mods are upgrading as i get experience, had a bunch of "epic" crunches on my weapon and "epic" armadillos on clothing, noticed they were legendary all of a sudden and my armour and dmg seemed a little buffed. just checked before and they've gone full circle back to common and uncommon  :lol using the aldecaldos jacket with some legendary mods that buff crit that only ever came as legendary and they've stayed put but everything else rotated lmao. it's like they had some weird plan to make mods gain experience and split like materia then did away with it, but there's a broken remnant of the functionality lingering

edit: I know there's an issue w duping mods where it considers multiples duped to be a single item. I crafted my crunches and armadillos legit.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 05:07:29 AM by naff »
◕‿◕

El Babua

« Reply #1924 on: February 16, 2021, 01:30:43 AM »
Still at the beginning of Act 2. Waiting on fixes to fully jump back in, but I tried last week after the first major patch and it was a buggier experience for me than back in December  :doge

Coax

« Reply #1925 on: February 20, 2021, 06:19:16 AM »

naff

« Reply #1926 on: February 21, 2021, 03:23:50 PM »
anyone played with mods that allow you to respec attributes? I imagine this could potentially break a lotta shit. I couldn't give a shite about the tech tree now. crafting was nice until I got a lot of great iconic legendary weapons that surpass my crafted weapons, I don't care for grenades anymore and the best perk in the tree for my current setup is basically smart weapons reload faster.....
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #1927 on: February 21, 2021, 03:26:08 PM »
i could push hard back into tech weapons and utilise the attribute more. atm it feels p pointless
◕‿◕

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1928 on: February 21, 2021, 03:35:59 PM »
respecc deez nuts
What

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1929 on: February 21, 2021, 09:59:30 PM »

disrepecc deez nuts
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1930 on: February 24, 2021, 11:20:22 AM »
https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1364607741680115717

No patch cuz we got epically haxx0rez, please understand.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1931 on: February 24, 2021, 12:32:45 PM »
Patches getting delayed.
2021 in video games is starting to look a lot like the Dunkey parody announcement videos

"HALO Infinite is cancelled"
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1932 on: February 24, 2021, 01:01:20 PM »
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1933 on: February 24, 2021, 01:01:52 PM »
"Halo Infinite is... finito!"  :corona_rodney

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1934 on: February 24, 2021, 01:43:59 PM »
lol they shot themselves in the foot by promising the February mega patch :doge
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1935 on: February 24, 2021, 03:41:16 PM »
lol they shot themselves in the foot by promising the February mega patch :doge

I don't know how much you guys know about cyberpunk culture (I'm an expert)
©@©™

thetylerrob

« Reply #1937 on: March 29, 2021, 09:43:23 AM »
Patch notes are here

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37801/patch-1-2-list-of-changes

I ctrl+f'd bullet points in notepad++ and there are apparently 504 of them. I'm excited to start a second play-through.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1938 on: March 29, 2021, 11:58:06 AM »
Read the whole thing.

I played 130 hours of a fucking alpha  :lol
Margs

Svejk

« Reply #1939 on: March 29, 2021, 12:22:16 PM »
TL;DR.... is there finally an option to change your appearance (hair, etc.) mid-game yet?

I hope the "next-gen" patch actually does release this year. 

BIONIC

« Reply #1940 on: March 29, 2021, 12:27:37 PM »
TL;DR.... is there finally an option to change your appearance (hair, etc.) mid-game yet?

Not as far as I could tell.
Margs

Svejk

« Reply #1941 on: March 29, 2021, 02:50:16 PM »
Seems the update is live now.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1942 on: March 29, 2021, 02:53:47 PM »
The patch notes :titus
🤴

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1943 on: March 29, 2021, 04:37:33 PM »

I hope the "next-gen" patch actually does release this year.

I only quickly scanned that ridiculous list, but it just seems to be 99.9% bug fixes.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1944 on: March 29, 2021, 05:50:14 PM »
Yes. But not for Brendan (the talking vending machine). The only quest line I couldn't complete because it bugged out on me, and it's not on the list. :doge

BIONIC

« Reply #1945 on: March 29, 2021, 06:15:01 PM »
Yes. But not for Brendan (the talking vending machine). The only quest line I couldn't complete because it bugged out on me, and it's not on the list. :doge

Fixed an issue where Coin Operated Boy could get blocked if player didn't talk to Brendan immediately after seeing his conversation with a girl.
Margs

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1946 on: March 29, 2021, 06:35:24 PM »
Huh. I CTRL+F'd that up then. Maybe I spelled his name wrong?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1947 on: March 29, 2021, 06:47:04 PM »
Huh. I CTRL+F'd that up then. Maybe I spelled his name wrong?

I may soon use “Go Ctrl-F yourself” in my personal lexicon.
”Go find yourself” isn’t even mean spirited unless the target is predisposed.
[close]

Coax

« Reply #1948 on: March 29, 2021, 11:16:30 PM »
Patch notes are here

Modding: Added a new "mod" folder for loading modded archives. The modded archives can be named in any way and go into the "mod" folder now. Having mod archives in the "patch" folder is no longer supported.

Buried in there. Hopefully players realize why their mods broke :P

Player can no longer cancel fall damage by performing a slide action when about to fall from greater heights

RIP. Early on this was useful for returning to an end-game location.

Svejk

« Reply #1949 on: March 30, 2021, 01:18:51 PM »
Watching this actually makes me want to play this even more.   :lol :lol

Now the burning question is:  Has someone made a Poonikins mod for this game yet?  :thinking

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1950 on: March 30, 2021, 02:02:53 PM »

Fixed an issue where Coin Operated Boy could get blocked if player didn't talk to Brendan immediately after seeing his conversation with a girl.
Still broken. :'(

The woman just doesn't show up. I could try to reset the quest using the console maybe, but I don't think I care enough.

BIONIC

« Reply #1951 on: March 30, 2021, 03:05:24 PM »

Still broken. :'(

The woman just doesn't show up. I could try to reset the quest using the console maybe, but I don't think I care enough.

If you liked my post it would’ve worked  :trumps
Margs

naff

« Reply #1952 on: March 30, 2021, 04:44:49 PM »

Now the burning question is:  Has someone made a Poonikins mod for this game yet?  :thinking

i would've been a big proponent of covering up their shitty police gang implementation by making them borderline non-existent so they only fuck with you if you're messing with people in a fancy apartment building or on specific missions where they're protecting someone wealthy/important. not a bug a "feature" of their retro future neolib hellscape. as it is they seem to be designed in exactly the same way as regular gang members, spawning when you commit a crime and operate in the same way as gang members in that they will just forget about you as soon as you leave a certain radius and are unable to operate vehicles in any meaningful way unless it's a scripted event
◕‿◕

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1953 on: March 30, 2021, 04:57:44 PM »

Oh so it's still garbage.

Not that I'm shocked, the key issues in this game will never be fixed
[close]

edit:

Thank god for the police spawn fix though (first line of the patch notes, no less)

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/mfvlgf/the_police_in_patch_12/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 05:03:00 PM by Raist »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1954 on: March 30, 2021, 06:19:22 PM »
The big mistake that they made is that they presented this as an open world GTA type like experience but it's really all about the scripted quests and events in the final game and those work almost exactly as they showed in the presentations.
The overworld is mostly just window dressing with a lot to see and very little to do outside of marked events. I'm not sure how to they will ever be able to 'fix' the perception that it's GTA in first person because that is what it looks like on the surface.

In terms of the cops, there's literally only the 'death' penalty. Unlike in GTA it doesn't cost you money or anything else.
The cops are really just there to kill you and unlike the gangs they don't protect anything like loot or intel either.

At this point I feel that active police would actually 'break' some quests that are probably not designed to have the cops show up and kill everyone.
They can improve things at a technical level but if the game isn't designed around such mechanics it'll be difficult to make it work within the existing gameplay.

It's funny, the last Deus Ex game had almost the exact opposite problem. If you were too much of a renegade the overpowered cops would find, chase and kill you anywhere in the Prague area and it was very hard to hide from them.
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1955 on: March 30, 2021, 07:32:07 PM »
I haven't played it but yeah, it seems like they should've went more in the Deus Ex direction but more open (and with character creation) instead of the GTA stuff.
What's the design purpose of driving around anyway? GTA is 50-50 on being a driving game, always has been, but this?
And on top of the city simulation, which basically only R* can manage to do at that level of fidelity in the first place, they also had to build the whole RPG and story aspects?

It's an absurd proposition, especially for a team that, before W3, was still regarded as the AA-jank-with-a-heart underdog.
R* has been perfecting AAAA with more or less the same structure for 20 years.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1956 on: March 30, 2021, 08:14:17 PM »
I haven't played it but yeah, it seems like they should've went more in the Deus Ex direction but more open (and with character creation) instead of the GTA stuff.
What's the design purpose of driving around anyway? GTA is 50-50 on being a driving game, always has been, but this?
And on top of the city simulation, which basically only R* can manage to do at that level of fidelity in the first place, they also had to build the whole RPG and story aspects?

It's an absurd proposition, especially for a team that, before W3, was still regarded as the AA-jank-with-a-heart underdog.
R* has been perfecting AAAA with more or less the same structure for 20 years.
The vibe of the city is awesome and it looks stunning. It certainly feels more alive when you walk from quest to quest and you have to move past a busy street.
But you're not meant to look 'behind the machinery' so to speak. I recall an artwork they did for one of the fashion styles in the game, it said: "Style over substance" which sums it up pretty well.
Witcher 3 had some window dressing too, especially in the towns and castles but it was better defined what you could interact with and what was just there to make it look more interesting.

I've been told it partially has to do with the design process at CDPR. They focus on creating the environment first and add in the gameplay later. They don't really do gameplay blockouts first as some other studios do.
That's also why there's some cool buildings that people 'assumed' were at some point part of the game or cut from a quest. They weren't, they were just 'cool buildings' that could've been developed into quest location but weren't.
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1957 on: March 30, 2021, 10:03:09 PM »
You can still have the seamless, unified open city without turning into GTA, letting you drive around and create chaos, which seems to be antithetical with the rest of the game's vision, too.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1958 on: March 31, 2021, 04:02:14 AM »
🤴

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1959 on: March 31, 2021, 04:32:15 AM »
So it's uh still broken huh. :doge
Hi

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1960 on: March 31, 2021, 06:17:33 AM »

Define broken
What

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1961 on: March 31, 2021, 01:12:23 PM »

Only if you're playing on a base PS4 or Xbone.
dog

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1962 on: March 31, 2021, 01:49:32 PM »
i tried it and it seems better from the little bit i had the chance to do earlier, granted i was in the badlands where the performance was already ok on boner x, it could still turn into a a slide show in the city centre for all i know :trumps

the sense of speed is fucking terrible still :kobeyuck
[close]
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1963 on: April 05, 2021, 09:35:26 AM »

shit still sux lol :anhuld
[close]
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1964 on: April 05, 2021, 12:22:54 PM »
No surprise there
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1965 on: April 05, 2021, 01:12:48 PM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1966 on: April 28, 2021, 09:34:31 AM »
Paweł Sasko, Lead Quest Designer for # Cyberpunk2077 is almost crying at the end of his game stream. He was very passionate about the game, but at the end of the stream something broke inside him...

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/myrx6r/pawe%C5%82_sasko_lead_quest_designer_for_cyberpunk2077/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=366d8a78468f4811bb8f5962572aac14&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=myrx6r
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1967 on: April 28, 2021, 10:04:07 AM »
Doesn't seem like he's almost crying at all?  ???

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1968 on: April 28, 2021, 10:16:30 AM »
Yeah I watched it, and it doesnt seem like he's ready to tear up.

I think he's just mighty frustrated by all the players/press saying the game is shit, when it in fact is a pretty good game.
What

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1969 on: April 29, 2021, 06:24:48 PM »
Yeah I watched it, and it doesnt seem like he's ready to tear up.

I think he's just mighty frustrated by all the players/press saying the game is shit, when it in fact is a pretty good game.

A lot of people dog piled on it. I can’t imagine the development hell that that game went through, only to have entitled plans tearing it apart left right and center. I think I would cry.

naff

« Reply #1970 on: April 29, 2021, 06:51:28 PM »
i think most people really liked the game :yeshrug

i will rebuy it on PS5 once the next gen update is out or even buy it earlier if there's a deal to be had. imagine the secondary market is flooded with disc copies  8)

edit: yup, actually just put a bid in on a copy for $20nzd  :lol
◕‿◕

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1971 on: April 29, 2021, 08:35:30 PM »
Pretty funny how little actually refunded it in the end. Sold almost 14 million, and had 30,000 refunds.

naff

« Reply #1972 on: April 29, 2021, 09:09:19 PM »
i certainly had some highs and lows with it, but overall it was very solid and something im keen to replay. i just wish i could respec, though i also get they want to incentivise replayability. just feels a little forced. will be avoiding the tech tree like the plague next playthrough. brilliant for crafting high tier items, until you find out they're almost completely unnecessary :p
◕‿◕

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1973 on: April 29, 2021, 09:10:58 PM »
Pretty funny how little actually refunded it in the end. Sold almost 14 million, and had 30,000 refunds.
Honestly i think most people don't really have the culture to refund games.
You buy a game and it's shitty, you just chalk it off to a bad purchase.
And if you don't follow gaming news, you probably weren't even aware of that refund program.

Not to say that most hated it, but if they did, they still probably didn't bother refunding it.

naff

« Reply #1974 on: April 29, 2021, 09:16:48 PM »
And if you don't follow gaming news, you probably weren't even aware of that refund program.

Not to say that most hated it, but if they did, they still probably didn't bother refunding it.

i genuinely think most people just had a good time and didn't think about it all that much. the game is very good and scratches an itch not much else can achieve. anecdotally the few casuals i know playing on base consoles thought the game was sick and the performance issues overblown. i agree and disagree, they would've driven me nuts, but the shit i put up with playing on a 1070 at 1440p would probably drive some of you guys nuts and generally perfomance on the base consoles last gen was pretty gross for many games. it's all relative.
◕‿◕

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1975 on: April 29, 2021, 09:17:38 PM »

Oh I was not trying to say otherwise. Just the general opinion on gaming websites and journalists, seemed to be that them offering refunds and so on, was a huge deal for CDPR's sales.

I think it was a great game. But I could see why some people wouldn't like it. Especially on the old gen consoles.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1976 on: April 30, 2021, 10:58:16 AM »
Those are just the refunds processed by CDPR themselves. Who knows how many refunded through shops?

I don't expect it to be a significant number either way.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1977 on: April 30, 2021, 01:18:40 PM »
(ice)

paprikastaude

« Reply #1978 on: April 30, 2021, 01:24:41 PM »
Didn't it sell something like 10 mil regardless of everything?  :lol  Way to force your sensationalist framing.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1979 on: April 30, 2021, 01:29:28 PM »
Yeah, no idea what he's getting at. It got praised critically as well. (Not that I agree, but whatever.)