Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 - We're finally Next-Gen!  (Read 160016 times)

thetylerrob

Re: Cyberpunk - 2077 Bugs And Glitches
« Reply #1980 on: April 30, 2021, 01:35:30 PM »
It's not a flop by any measure. Schreier has to clickerbate on camera for money because he's one of Bloomberg's hos.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1981 on: April 30, 2021, 02:02:30 PM »
The 2020 release of Cyberpunk allowed CDPR to break its all times sales record with $562 million in consolidated sales revenues.

This is about 2.5 times, nearly triple, the previous record when The Witcher 3 launched in 2015, which had $210 million in revenue that year. The profit record was also broken, and that one was triple 2015, $303 million versus $89.8 million.

Think that’s crazy? It’s even more significant when you remember that The Witcher 3 launched in May of that year, while Cyberpunk 2077 launched in December, with just a few weeks to sell all those copies.

:lucas

Obviously hard to put a price on brand damage. I doubt the majority of people buying games, will even think about CDPR when buying Witcher 4. But it could be an end to Cyberpunk as a series for sure

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1982 on: April 30, 2021, 02:27:54 PM »
Couple of years back, they were all shitting on SquareEnix because they called the Tomb Raider reboot a flop, for selling millions, but below expectations.
Now CP2077 sells millions of copies, but it's called a flop by journos, because "it still sold below expectations".

Uhm... :thinking

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1983 on: April 30, 2021, 02:29:11 PM »
The 2020 release of Cyberpunk allowed CDPR to break its all times sales record with $562 million in consolidated sales revenues.

This is about 2.5 times, nearly triple, the previous record when The Witcher 3 launched in 2015, which had $210 million in revenue that year. The profit record was also broken, and that one was triple 2015, $303 million versus $89.8 million.

Think that’s crazy? It’s even more significant when you remember that The Witcher 3 launched in May of that year, while Cyberpunk 2077 launched in December, with just a few weeks to sell all those copies.

:lucas

Obviously hard to put a price on brand damage. I doubt the majority of people buying games, will even think about CDPR when buying Witcher 4. But it could be an end to Cyberpunk as a series for sure
Depends if they can manage to spin the next-gen patch relaunch in a good way, spend a bit in marketing, add some flashy shit to it.
Gamers are big whores anyway.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1984 on: April 30, 2021, 02:33:38 PM »
calling a game that has sold just shy of 14 million  copies to date a flop is wild, there are plenty of ways to describe cyberpunk and flop is near the bottom of what should be used

is 20 million copies (which I imagine cyberpunk will easily surpass when all is said and done) the new cut off for success for any big release now? :thinking

spoiler (click to show/hide)
or is scheirer click baiting/being an idiot
[close]
(ice)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1985 on: April 30, 2021, 02:53:34 PM »
calling a game that has sold just shy of 14 million  copies to date a flop is wild, there are plenty of ways to describe cyberpunk and flop is near the bottom of what should be used

is 20 million copies (which I imagine cyberpunk will easily surpass when all is said and done) the new cut off for success for any big release now? :thinking

spoiler (click to show/hide)
or is scheirer click baiting/being an idiot
[close]

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1388094733042556930

This is the reasoning.
Again, the same exact thing SE said and was shit on, for TR's reboot (selling around 5 mil).

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1986 on: April 30, 2021, 04:03:55 PM »
People STILL shit on Diablo 3 to this day for not being exactly what they thought they wanted or giving them a beej or whatever their deal is despite it selling 30 million+ as of 2015 (who knows what it's at now)

Gamers are stupid, but games "JOURNALISTS" are so fucking stupid they can't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel
yar

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1987 on: April 30, 2021, 04:57:48 PM »
The comparison to Tomb Raider is an interesting one, it didn't stop there being two sequels neither of which sold as many as the original reboot. (And SE still put Crystal on their massive endeavor of Avengers.)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1988 on: April 30, 2021, 08:09:40 PM »
13 million is not a flop that's a number any publisher would love to hit for a new IP.
Deus Ex MD sold about 2 - 3 million tops.

Once that next gen upgrade is out it'll easily hit 15 million and then it could go on to 17 - 18 million with continued support. 

🤴

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1989 on: April 30, 2021, 11:06:31 PM »
shrier really holding on to this story for dear life here. not that I disagree that the redistribution of profits between board members, c suite and workers is fucked, or that the game would've sold more without bad word of mouth but it's v narrow minded, sad journalism to write like cdpr are a unique entity in these regards.

"some employees say they got lower bonuses than expected because the board wouldn't delay the game"

lmao. uh, what. they're not even saying their bonuses were cut, just they think they would've sold more and thus gotten more profit and a bigger profit share bonus if they had waited... highly theoretical, and who knows what pressure the board were getting at that point. likely would've fucked up contractual arrangements and further fucked their profit share lol. just terrible sensationalist journalism with no grounding
◕‿◕

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1990 on: May 02, 2021, 09:45:28 PM »
More like Ishtarpunk 2077, amirite fellow gamers?
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1991 on: May 02, 2021, 11:47:32 PM »
More like Ishtarpunk 2077, amirite fellow gamers?

Hudson Hawk 2077
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1992 on: May 03, 2021, 03:23:55 PM »
Cyberflop 2077
dog

« Reply #1993 on: May 03, 2021, 04:30:21 PM »
As a game to play for story and characters it’s pretty good.

As a cyberpunk gta is pretty bad, we will see what dlc brings. I also wanna see how Bethesda gets treated in their next outing.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1994 on: May 03, 2021, 07:23:06 PM »
Fallout 76 got absolutely raked over the coals when it came out. On the other hand, after 2.5 years of patches and updates people are still playing it and generally seem to like it.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1995 on: May 03, 2021, 07:35:41 PM »
Fallout 76 got absolutely raked over the coals when it came out. On the other hand, after 2.5 years of patches and updates people are still playing it and generally seem to like it.

People who claim to enjoy MMOs should never have their opinion taken seriously, ESPECIALLY about MMOs
yar

« Reply #1996 on: May 03, 2021, 08:03:43 PM »
Yeah although I feel like they got a slight pass because it “wasn’t the main team”. I’m honestly excited for starfield. After Fallout 4 totally killed my love for the series (a fan since 1!) because Bethesda like learned NOTHING from new Vegas except LOL factions. I have no expectations. They’ve been dumbing down elder scrolls games since oblivion and honestly fuck slaying dragons at this point. As someone who likes cyberpunk (genre) cyberpunk the game to me was cool as hell because I honestly feel like I’m playing a game that the box art of the genesis version of shadowrun looked like LOL.

But yeah any dlc for cyberpunk that adds cut content or more “stuff to do” is very much welcome LOL.

I mean I’m almost tempted to look into the persona series I’m so starved for a non Tolkien like rpg...

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1997 on: May 03, 2021, 08:12:46 PM »
I mean I’m almost tempted to look into the persona series I’m so starved for a non Tolkien like rpg...

You should play the recent Shadowrun games, if you haven't already. Especially Dragonfall and Hong Kong.

Another one I've enjoyed recently is called Greedfall. It takes place in world that's analogous to the 16-century, with major contact between distant imperial powers and tribal people, and deals with a lot of the issues around that. Definitely worth checking out if you wanna try something different, and it can probably be picked up cheaply during a Steam sale.

Wasteland 2 and 3 are great if you want a more hardcore RPG that's basically Fallout with a different name.

Torment: Tides of Numera is really good, with more of a focus on story than combat.
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1998 on: May 03, 2021, 08:18:16 PM »
Bethesda games are systemic at least. 'Radiant AI' gets shit on for not delivering, but compared to the cardboard cutouts of most other open world games, it's a revelation.
More powerful CPUs are going to let them layer on more, or flesh out what's already there.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1999 on: May 04, 2021, 02:58:15 AM »
Yeah although I feel like they got a slight pass because it “wasn’t the main team”. I’m honestly excited for starfield. After Fallout 4 totally killed my love for the series (a fan since 1!) because Bethesda like learned NOTHING from new Vegas except LOL factions. I have no expectations. They’ve been dumbing down elder scrolls games since oblivion and honestly fuck slaying dragons at this point. As someone who likes cyberpunk (genre) cyberpunk the game to me was cool as hell because I honestly feel like I’m playing a game that the box art of the genesis version of shadowrun looked like LOL.

But yeah any dlc for cyberpunk that adds cut content or more “stuff to do” is very much welcome LOL.

My dude get yourself a 3ds with SMT IV
Or start playing SMT nocturne on an emulator

God tier games
What

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2000 on: May 04, 2021, 03:46:27 AM »
Other than Pokémon babies, nobody has a bigger case of battered spouse syndrome than BGS fans. They’ll defend their shitty busted and already archaic by 2011 standards engine till the day they die  :lol
Margs

naff

« Reply #2001 on: May 04, 2021, 06:01:26 PM »
Other than Pokémon babies, nobody has a bigger case of battered spouse syndrome than BGS fans. They’ll defend their shitty busted and already archaic by 2011 standards engine till the day they die  :lol

Outside Obsidian who else are attempting to compete in the space Bethesda are working in? Strong wrpg's are few and far between, and there's literally been nothing else quite like TES since the last TES game. Avowed does look good. Just funny to claim their systems are archaic by 2011 standards when they define the standard
◕‿◕

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #2002 on: May 04, 2021, 06:46:52 PM »
I liked the Shadowrun games quite a lot as well.

But Wasteland 3... That shit I really really liked. Great game, even with the bugs (that were mostly patches out now)

naff

« Reply #2003 on: May 04, 2021, 07:10:03 PM »
has been a pretty good time for isometric strategy rpg's/crpg's
◕‿◕

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2004 on: June 11, 2021, 12:42:48 AM »
looooooooooool

yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2005 on: June 11, 2021, 10:23:40 AM »
They aren't wrong, they didn't see the issues we experienced playing the game but different ones :teehee
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2007 on: June 11, 2021, 07:57:51 PM »
I wonder how long it will take the internet to make a better version of the game now
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2008 on: June 12, 2021, 05:58:40 AM »
 :neo I wonder what's in there.

In hindsight CDPR should've just dropped Cyberunk 2077 as an 'Early Access' release on Steam last year and at the end of 2021 on consoles.
They would've scooped up much of the cash early and deflected all the bad press.
🤴

« Reply #2009 on: June 18, 2021, 11:59:31 AM »
1.23 dropped and it’s a whole lotta nothing…. I guess I’ll just look forward to starfield for now…. it’s not cyberpunk but hopefully it has a few planets with high tech cities and maybe implants?

Ah who am I kidding Bethesda will find a way for me to Fus Roh Ferengi a cosmic dragon in a space cave with a titanium alloy sword and shield.

:stahp

Svejk

« Reply #2010 on: June 18, 2021, 12:14:34 PM »
With covidcyberattackpocalypse, wonder if the big "next gen" patch will be pushed to 2022.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2011 on: June 18, 2021, 01:09:21 PM »
Ah who am I kidding Bethesda will find a way for me to Fus Roh Ferengi a cosmic dragon in a space cave with a titanium alloy sword and shield.

:sicko
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2012 on: August 18, 2021, 11:36:12 AM »
New patch out today.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2013 on: August 18, 2021, 11:44:06 AM »
Still no word on X/PS5 upgrades.
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #2014 on: August 18, 2021, 11:56:55 AM »
i wouldn't be shocked if they slip to next year tbh, aren't they supposed to be doing an upgraded witcher 3 too? (obviously will be different teams or witcher will be outsourced)
(ice)

Kurt Russell

« Reply #2015 on: August 20, 2021, 11:07:22 AM »
I am one bugged side quest away from platinuming this beautiful shit show.

Trevor's Last Ride, you little bitch. Every patch I go back to it and every patch it still auto fails.

At this point, I'm holding out for the PS 5 version in the hope that when I port over my save game, the bugs are fixed. The usual "go back in time to an earlier save and try that" isn't an option when it's literally the last thing you need to do in the game.

If it doesn't fix itself, suppose I'll do a new game+ on PS5. It *was* a heap of fun.
woke

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #2016 on: August 20, 2021, 07:46:06 PM »
I started a new play through a few days ago, going to be as fabulous as possible

Snoopycat_

« Reply #2017 on: August 21, 2021, 02:37:45 PM »
I bought this last year on PS4 and refunded. Bought it today for Xbox SS cos it was only £20 digital, and it looks like it's actually playable. I see people going on about No Man's Sky, but I'd be happy if they can get to a Star Wars Battlefront level of redemption

naff

« Reply #2018 on: August 21, 2021, 08:13:02 PM »
lol, I had been hearing that abt no man's sky for so long I decided to try it the other week. yeah, I still don't understand the draw

cyberpunk, at it's core is a very good game. the trimmings are janky and not as well fleshed out as some of its AAA contemporaries, but imo. the core game of an fps arpg is done better than anyone else has done it
◕‿◕

Snoopycat_

« Reply #2019 on: August 22, 2021, 11:02:54 AM »
NMS's opening is pretty shit. I'm surprised they haven't changed it, but once the game opens up it's good. You can pretty much do whatever.

Svejk

« Reply #2020 on: August 25, 2021, 10:15:57 AM »
lol, I had been hearing that abt no man's sky for so long I decided to try it the other week. yeah, I still don't understand the draw

cyberpunk, at it's core is a very good game. the trimmings are janky and not as well fleshed out as some of its AAA contemporaries, but imo. the core game of an fps arpg is done better than anyone else has done it
I can't believe it's closing in on a year of having it and still waiting for the proper patch (next gen update). :noah Holy crap I need to play this game!  My patience is running thin.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2021 on: August 25, 2021, 10:26:50 AM »

I can't believe it's closing in on a year of having it and still waiting for the proper patch (next gen update). :noah Holy crap I need to play this game!  My patience is running thin.
I'm on PC waiting for GPU prices to go down, so i'll probably have to wait even longer, if that's any help.  :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2022 on: August 25, 2021, 11:24:01 AM »

As long as you're not playing on a PS4 or xbone, the game is mostly functional and a fun 8-8.5ish experience. CDPR obviously deserved a lot of shit but at this point the continued dragging seems... excessive? Hopefully they've learned something but with publicly traded companies the answer is probably "never" in that regard.
yar

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #2023 on: August 25, 2021, 06:09:28 PM »
Are NPCs and cars still magically vanishing as soon as you turn your back to them or? :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2024 on: August 25, 2021, 06:21:31 PM »
Are NPCs and cars still magically vanishing as soon as you turn your back to them or? :lol

Can't speak for consoles but on PC I never had that problem, even at launch. The NPCs *ARE* still dumb af from what I've seen tho, which is a bummer.
yar

Raist

« Reply #2025 on: August 25, 2021, 06:32:17 PM »

Can't speak for consoles but on PC I never had that problem, even at launch. The NPCs *ARE* still dumb af from what I've seen tho, which is a bummer.

I'm not sure you know what I'm referring to, because that's definitely a thing on PC as well

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2026 on: August 25, 2021, 06:41:09 PM »
What part of "I never had that problem" is hard to understand bruh? I'm aware others did but in my experience it wasn't an issue. Either it was widespread and I was lucky, or it wasn't that widespread and the people who suffered were unlucky or running on older hardware.
yar

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #2027 on: August 25, 2021, 07:59:16 PM »
Cyberpunk really got people feeling a lot of feels. Not sure why so many people refuse to believe other peoples experiences, been told multiple times that I am not really enjoying the game too.  :lol

I havent really noticed that thing with cars disappearing or anything when you turn your back either. Had some cars fucking explode out of nothing/blow into the air for no apparent reason though, and an NPC getting stuck behind a door, so I had to reload a portion of the game. All that also seems fixed now though? Or maybe I Just got lucky. No bugs at all the last many hours i've played of it.

Raist

« Reply #2028 on: August 26, 2021, 01:27:20 AM »
What part of "I never had that problem" is hard to understand bruh? I'm aware others did but in my experience it wasn't an issue. Either it was widespread and I was lucky, or it wasn't that widespread and the people who suffered were unlucky or running on older hardware.

Dunno brah, it read like you suggested it was just a console thing, but there's definitely dozens of examples of this on PC. So I just thought what I was referring to wasn't clear, no need to get your panties in a twist :yeshrug

Svejk

« Reply #2029 on: October 20, 2021, 01:28:00 PM »
"Next Gen" version has been delayed to 1st Q 2022.   :doge

« Reply #2030 on: October 20, 2021, 03:17:43 PM »
What cdpr should do is relaunch that shit in fall of 2022, for pc and now current gen systems, roll a bunch of bug fixes and fleshed out content (make the bars, brain dances, shops, arcades, clubs etc have neat interactions) along with a gifted dlc for like 39.99 for new players or 15.99 for dlc only with upgrades for existing players (not old gen consoles tho).

Like a soft relaunch, but that won’t happen I bet. For what it’s worth I put 60 hours into the game and the city and the world to explore IS great! They clearly put love and care into it, they just forgot the “shit to do” for it.  You’ll stumble across stuff in datapads or environmental detail that has no reason to be there except flavor and that kind of stuff just makes the fumble of releasing too early suck more. Also I kept out of the hype so I wasn’t expecting Skyrim + New Vegas + GTA like people were hyped for. But when I went online and saw all that had been promised and wasn’t there I did notice it, like how cool the intro mission and the hammerhead acquisition played out, but then realizing those were built for the demos that’s why, and there isn’t a full game of that here.

It’s like in Fallout 4 when you stumble across the stat checks (like all 4 of them?) in game and think ok it will be like new vegas was, and it’s like nope that all there is and it must have been some intern who didn’t get the memo not to add them.

Playing 2077 when I got a brain dance and it was “not compatible for my software” was the first time in many I came across and realized “wow this game wasn’t done yet”.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 03:26:33 PM by ZombieSupaStar »

Raist

« Reply #2031 on: October 20, 2021, 03:35:26 PM »
"Next Gen" version has been delayed to 1st Q 2022.   :doge

:pika

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2032 on: October 20, 2021, 03:59:31 PM »
I had a feeling they weren't going to surprise drop it in the next two months.
©@©™

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #2033 on: October 26, 2021, 09:50:16 PM »

We in there

naff

« Reply #2034 on: October 30, 2021, 12:27:32 AM »
classic tim. enjoyed vids 4 & 5, but the breakdown of "wjat he didn't like" is basically "I have no self control and used a broken strat to just break the combat to the point it is basically non existent.... and despite my hate for it I repeated it on a second playthrough lol!" and the ui/ux sucked. I agree with both points, especially the latter felt extremely pedestrian for what should've been a way cooler overlay that blended in thematically and wasn't a permanently in your face. he never said anything about the minimal being one of the worst in the genre either. absolutely atrocious stuff.

overall I enjoyed the combat, but the progression system was unnecessarily restrictive and lame and so easily broken in many different ways. waaaay too damn slow increasing proficiency with different skills too. just a chore.
◕‿◕

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2035 on: October 30, 2021, 07:43:37 AM »
Glad to see I'm not the only bore who picked 4+5; the most conventional game review segments. :lol

I basically played as he did. I was desperate for any interesting content, so I resorted to the most slack-jawed tactics the game would allow to get it done. In retrospect, I shouldn't have tried to wring blood from a stone, but I have terrible impulse control and completionist inclinations. I even used the money trick (buying and re-selling that painting which fell from space) to afford all the vehicles. :doge

The only difference is that I switched from efficiently headshotting everyone with an OP revolver to efficiently hacking everyone (and then slashing their passed out bodies for melee XP :doge ).

naff

« Reply #2036 on: October 30, 2021, 04:05:40 PM »
sheeeit, meant to say minimap not minimal (phone ac) I hated the minimap! such a simple thing to zoom out as you gather speed in a vehicle :rage when you say interesting content, you mean gameplay wise? I actually thought the gunplay and stealth was quite good for an arpg. I was low int, tech, cool and reflexes. First playthrough. started a new one recently and I'm not sure what I'll go as, just wanted to try some other paths (not int tho :p)
◕‿◕

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2037 on: October 30, 2021, 04:49:07 PM »
I got bored a few minutes in and picked the big red button at the top right of the screen. Feels as if I unlocked the best route through the videos.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2038 on: October 30, 2021, 05:54:48 PM »
when you say interesting content, you mean gameplay wise?
I meant quests, sorry. More stuff on the level of the Peralez storyline. W3 spoiled me, I guess. 

The shooting was actually pretty damn good for a first effort. Shame about virtually all of the progression systems though.

naff

« Reply #2039 on: October 31, 2021, 07:32:08 AM »
it's true. witcher 3 is the better game for deep side quest lines, though there are some absolute bangers in cyberpunk, and I enjoyed the main questline a lot. glad changing sex allows different paths for the req'd romancing. cbf messing with panam again
◕‿◕