Author Topic: 3DS XL Announced  (Read 35465 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: 3DS XL Announced
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2012, 02:57:07 AM »
Oh man.  So much deliciousness I don't even know where to begin.
yar

Damian79

« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2012, 03:32:21 AM »
My biggest fault with it is the d-pad. It may just be mine, but jeeze it's an uncomfortable floaty piece of shit.

No the dpad sucks too.  But i feel the analog nub is worse.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #182 on: June 28, 2012, 03:42:16 AM »
salsashark in there pitchin' just as goddamned hard as he can pitch :lol

He can really be a defensive, touchy, and insufferable fanthing sometimes. And today is one of those times. Like a BBW on PMS not letting anyone have a word.

Apparently he does the same shit with Steam

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #183 on: June 28, 2012, 04:47:03 AM »
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:49:31 AM by Momo »

Takao

« Reply #184 on: June 28, 2012, 05:56:37 AM »
This way lazy third parties are getting what they want. Great that I'm not forced into this.

(Someone then asks "What third parties?")

Those that cannot create a functioning control system without two sticks. Of course, they are limiting their audience this way, but that's their decision then.
It's sad to see that Nintendo returned to dual-stick controls on Wii U.

These people deserve Nintendo, they really do.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #185 on: June 28, 2012, 06:59:54 AM »
I propose being a Nintendo "follower" has a legit shout at being treated as a medical condition. Applies for "followers" of most things, Nintendo fans most of all though.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #186 on: June 28, 2012, 10:09:08 AM »
Vita has no games*

*that I feel interested in spending time on right now

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #187 on: June 28, 2012, 10:47:12 AM »
heh, how shitty is the vita that it's losing to *this* bullshit

- too expensive
- required bullshit proprietary memory
- games too expensive* and they never really got their DDL shit together
- sony is a bunch of idiots who had and continue to have no idea what to do with it

Any number of reasons, really.  The biggest reason, and one which Nintendo is also facing (but at least has a fallback with their stock of beloved franchises), is that dedicated handhelds are dying, at least for the adult market. The faster prices of tablets and smaller form factor tablet-style electronics fall, the faster dedicated handhelds will die off. *I spent $10 over the past week or so on iOS games, and got a handful for that money, a few of which are quality efforts. On Vita or Nintendo that same $10 will get me one (two, at most) DDL games, or zero retail releases.  Yes, controls, etc. I agree. But Infinity Blade was $1 yesterday. On PSN it would have been $10. Call of Cthulhu : The Wasted Land was $4.99. Admittedly, the controls and UI kind of suck, but on PSN or the eShop that game would be $10-15. That, and the fact that you can do many other things besides play games on these devices, is what's causing most people to ask themselves why they would want to buy an additional piece of hardware that takes up precious pocket/bag space and "only plays games." Meanwhile, there's a post on the PSN Blog celebrating the fact that the Vita just *now* got a fucking Youtube app.

It's gonna dry up fast for dedicated handheld gamers. As I said elsewhere on this board, you can pretty much kiss it goodbye by the end of next year. Nintendo will have their franchises to weather this last gen of handhelds. Sony will have...well, Sony will make a beaming post about adding a Hulu app, or something.

sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #188 on: June 28, 2012, 10:54:32 AM »
:( i'm sorry

i'm just forreal a bit buttsore that, as always is my luck, as soon as i get interested in something it starts to die off :lol
sup

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #189 on: June 28, 2012, 11:06:14 AM »
That's why I didn't even get involved this round and buy a vita :(

I played 5 straight hours of P3P on a flight yesterday. :bow PSP-2000 with CFW :bow2

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #190 on: June 28, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »
Sho Nuff played a JAPANESE RPG!?
fat

Sho Nuff

« Reply #191 on: June 28, 2012, 11:19:07 AM »
Yes because it's basically the story of my college career: Study at Japanese university and battle monsters at night

Also, P3P respects my spare time, the interface is so super zippy

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #192 on: June 28, 2012, 11:25:29 AM »
Yes because it's basically the story of my college career: Study at Japanese university and battle monsters at night

don't let MAF find out! he misses all the bullshit walking

but yeah P3P's all-killer, no-filler structure and UI are the tits
乱学者

Sho Nuff

« Reply #193 on: June 28, 2012, 11:38:54 AM »

don't let MAF find out! he misses all the bullshit walking

but yeah P3P's all-killer, no-filler structure and UI are the tits

FUCK walking, at first I was like "Oh man this looks kind of cheap" but after an hour I was like "OH MY GOD I'M SO HAPPY THIS EXISTS"

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2012, 01:25:19 PM »
Putting a second analog stick on the XL makes the original 3DS moot.

It fractures the base at a time where they can't afford to do that.

It sucks for the people who bought a 3DS, then bought a Frankenstick, and are buying an XL, only to buy another Frankenstick.  But I am not sure this is a particularly large group or one that is especially concerned about how much money they are spending on this endeavor.
I love how these people feel they need to defend Nintendo from "fracturing the userbase" by arguing OPTIONS are a bad thing. It's like they believe poor little old Nintendo is the gaming equivalent of Lara Croft needing her white knight to save her instead of the fucking platform holder that can mandate all games support original 3DS control schemes then do whatever they want ONTOP of that OPTIONALLY.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #195 on: June 28, 2012, 01:27:47 PM »
And with that I am done being irritated with corporate ball washers, consider any post I make henceforth regarding this subject to be out and out trolling.

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #196 on: June 28, 2012, 01:47:10 PM »
Some of you are bitter
sad

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2012, 02:02:19 PM »
Some of you are bitter
I'd like to hear you defend this from a consumer standpoint

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #199 on: June 28, 2012, 02:40:04 PM »
Some of you are bitter

and some of you seem to enjoy paying for taking it up the shitter

sup

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #200 on: June 28, 2012, 04:02:59 PM »
I'm not taking anything up the ass.  The XL doesn't interest me, I won't be getting one.  I am apathetic about it just like I am about a lot of other things that I hardly bitch about.

As from a consumer standpoint... what?  I don't think you guys have ever been at the receiving end of genuine anti consumer practices very much if this constitutes that kind of comparison.  Nintendo obviously doesn't care about the circle pad pro shit, it was something that capcom wanted and so they obliged them for Monster Hunter exclusivity.  I'm just seeing the typical forumer teeth gnashing from people who don't really have the perspective to understand why certain things play out the way they do.  Pop quiz time, which upcoming nintendo games support the ccp in any meaningful way?  Dual analog isnt important to nintendo's strategy and its not a kingmaker, deal with it.
sad

Himu

« Reply #201 on: June 28, 2012, 04:05:20 PM »
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #202 on: June 28, 2012, 04:05:48 PM »
"I'd like to hear you defend this from a consumer standpoint"

"I don't think you guys have ever been at the receiving end of genuine anti consumer practices very much if this constitutes that kind of comparison.  Nintendo obviously doesn't care about the circle pad pro shit, it was something that capcom wanted and so they obliged them for Monster Hunter exclusivity.  I'm just seeing the typical forumer teeth gnashing from people who don't really have the perspective to understand why certain things play out the way they do.  Pop quiz time, which upcoming nintendo games support the ccp in any meaningful way?  Dual analog isnt important to nintendo's strategy and its not a kingmaker, deal with it."

?

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #203 on: June 28, 2012, 04:07:33 PM »
Some of you are bitter

about what

The hyperbole is very apparent, here.  If it was a turd it would permeate its presence throughout the bungalow from the basement latrine.
sad

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #204 on: June 28, 2012, 04:09:04 PM »
"I'd like to hear you defend this from a consumer standpoint"

"I don't think you guys have ever been at the receiving end of genuine anti consumer practices very much if this constitutes that kind of comparison.  Nintendo obviously doesn't care about the circle pad pro shit, it was something that capcom wanted and so they obliged them for Monster Hunter exclusivity.  I'm just seeing the typical forumer teeth gnashing from people who don't really have the perspective to understand why certain things play out the way they do.  Pop quiz time, which upcoming nintendo games support the ccp in any meaningful way?  Dual analog isnt important to nintendo's strategy and its not a kingmaker, deal with it."

?

See?  Total lack of perspective.  Now, if we were bitching about the ac adapter shenanigans, thats some dubious shit right there. 
sad

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #205 on: June 28, 2012, 04:09:55 PM »
Wait would a bungalow have a basement?

edit:
Anyway, the problem with the 3ds right now isn't what enthusiasts consider to be adequate control schemes or whatever.  Its still a content and pricing issue that they I imagine they are adamant on not backing down from until they can see what effect NSMB2 has on 3ds sales during this fiscal.  If its still slagging behind in the states they need to concede to the new market realities and adjust accordingly. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:16:17 PM by EmCeeGrammar »
sad

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #206 on: June 28, 2012, 04:16:44 PM »
I think all of us were bitching about the AC adapter situation. (At least I was because I happen to be in an EU region). You're trying to sell perspective to me when I am looking at this as a consumer wanting a 3DS. I'm baffled.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #207 on: June 28, 2012, 04:20:17 PM »
What games outside of Monhan use the circle pad pro?
^_^

Himu

« Reply #208 on: June 28, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »
Some of you are bitter

about what

The hyperbole is very apparent, here.  If it was a turd it would permeate its presence throughout the bungalow from the basement latrine.

Hyperbole and bitterness are two different things. They can compliment each other, but one does not mean the other. Also, I fail to see anything hyperbolic in this thread? Everyone is right. Nintendo are half baked crooks.

As for being bitter, no one has any reason TO be bitter. Oh no, so the 3dsxl won't have a second stick. And this is going to be deter me from buying it, how exactly? But that doesn't make any less pathetic or hilarious or flat out wrong.
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #209 on: June 28, 2012, 04:21:36 PM »
Resident Evil, fuckall else I can remember.

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #210 on: June 28, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »
What's your problem again?  That they're gonna resell the frankenstick?  I'm saying don't let that factor into your purchase because its almost an inconsequential peripheral that exists for very very few reasons.  If anything you should be more concerned about the software outlook going into 2013, because I'm not too confident about it at this point.
sad

Himu

« Reply #211 on: June 28, 2012, 04:29:26 PM »
If anything you should be more concerned about the software outlook going into 2013, because I'm not too confident about it at this point.

Shin Megami Tensei 4.
IYKYK

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #212 on: June 28, 2012, 04:30:14 PM »
no games that use the $20 second stick...except the games that use the $20 second stick

no one cared about the first model's $20 second stick...so they make another $20 2nd stick for their new model

seems reasonable and consumer-friendly
sup

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #213 on: June 28, 2012, 04:32:19 PM »
What's your problem again?  That they're gonna resell the frankenstick?  I'm saying don't let that factor into your purchase because its almost an inconsequential peripheral that exists for very very few reasons.  If anything you should be more concerned about the software outlook going into 2013, because I'm not too confident about it at this point.
The problem is it is not 1997, for some the world has moved on beyond single sticks. It was atrocious on the PSP where you had to reform your hand into some crab like claw to even play properly. You seem to think I am arguing for what is available right now, which is most assuredly NOT what my argument is about. To add a second analogue for 2 games would be highly distinguished mentally-challenged, the argument here is to add it to the console so going FORWARD more games can have a dual analogue control option added to stylus/touchpad/facebuttons or whatever else camera movement/look scheme is implemented. This way everyone gets what they want and there is never a need for anyone to cry about this again.

Takao

« Reply #214 on: June 28, 2012, 04:33:22 PM »

Ace Combat, Kingdamu Heartsu, Resident Evil, MGS: Why Would You Buy This Edition and I dunno

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #215 on: June 28, 2012, 04:35:05 PM »
The problem is it is not 1997, for some the world has moved on beyond single sticks. It was atrocious on the PSP where you had to reform your hand into some crab like claw to even play properly. You seem to think I am arguing for what is available right now, which is most assuredly NOT what my argument is about. To add a second analogue for 2 games would be highly distinguished mentally-challenged, the argument here is to add it to the console so going FORWARD more games can have a dual analogue control option added to stylus/touchpad/facebuttons or whatever else camera movement/look scheme is implemented. This way everyone gets what they want and there is never a need for anyone to cry about this again.

you're being unreasonable
sup

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #216 on: June 28, 2012, 04:37:41 PM »

/nfan

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #217 on: June 28, 2012, 04:37:44 PM »
I'm sorry for hurting your Lara :'(

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #218 on: June 28, 2012, 04:46:39 PM »
If a second analog is THAT important than know that the ccpxl is going to be severely underutilized and don't buy the system.  Its really that simple.  But I doubt any of this is some malicious plan by nintendo to nickle and dime consumers as they very much seem apathetic to the necessity of dual analog control schemes.  They have like , one game that supports it in a half assed fashion. Its a monster hunter peripheral first and foremost and not a scheme at your expense. 
sad

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #219 on: June 28, 2012, 05:12:21 PM »
If a second analog is THAT important than know that the ccpxl is going to be severely underutilized
That is the entire point I'm making. I would like there to be something other than MonHun for me to look forward to in the third person action genre on the system when I get it. I'm inclined to believe there is a non negligible amount of consumers out there that prefers dual slider/analogue controls as a control scheme. You're alienating these consumers based on cheapness/pride/willfullness/miyamoto's stink breath or whatever else silliness caused them to do this. In the long run you lose more if people go "oh hay that game looks fun! ... 1980's control scheme? DAMN. PASS" than you lose on a little less profit per unit sold. In fact they could build the cost directly into the price on the XL as well and continue on their merry way.

tl;dr As it stands when I get my 3DS (non XL btw, i see no point in getting this thing) I will buy RE and Monhun and ignore most every other third person game on the system due to control preference and I'm sure I am not alone. Adding the stick loses you nothing for those who don't want/need it but it gains you a larger audience to sell your games to for those of us who actually like dual sticks/sliders.

This is really beneficial for both me as the consumer and Nintendo, I'm not sure I can make it more clear for you than this, so if you still think my argument is silly I'll stop trying.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 05:23:29 PM by Momo »

Himu

« Reply #220 on: June 28, 2012, 05:12:36 PM »
rofl I have been using two sticks since like 1998, guv. sony made the mistake of giving psp one stick, and rectified this by giving vita two sticks. just common fucking sense, yo. Nintendo am distinguished mentally-challenged fellows, especially since 3ds is strong enough, more powerful than ps2, to finally play 3d games worth a shit, which REQUIRES a second stick. Nintendo didn't put a second stick on 3dsxl because they aren't consumer and developer friendly and because they are hard headed and refuse to admit fault.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #221 on: June 28, 2012, 06:34:04 PM »
Hey guys wh-

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »
I care. I'm buying one <3
fat

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #223 on: June 28, 2012, 09:18:46 PM »
Well, he's not wrong, though.  Some people here are definitely bitter about Nintendo.  See: six page thread about product nobody cares about from company nobody cares about.  So yeah, some people here are bitter.  The rest of us just like sitting around a good campfire, regardless of where the firewood came from.

Then again, maybe some people just don't like to see their peers reward shitty decisions.
yar

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #224 on: June 28, 2012, 09:30:29 PM »
I just like poking fun at dumb things.  This is a dumb thing, so poke-poke.  I'll go after any company (and have, right here), because I realize I am a consumer who should demand better things from the faceless corporations I give the money I earned fucking up my back and knees, rather than thinking they're my buddy or that I have to defend their stupid anti-consumer actions as some sort of weird "keeper of the faith."
sup

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2012, 09:30:34 PM »
Maybe some people should realize it happens all the time, get over it, and move into the exciting world of shirtless photography.

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:07:39 PM by lyte edge »
Unzip

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2012, 09:32:42 PM »
why did i click that, it was clearly labeled and i clicked it anyway :(
sup

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #227 on: June 28, 2012, 09:42:29 PM »
Ntards arn't the only ones getting shitty tattoos. The amount of peope that get gears tats that cliffy tweets about is astonishing. I don't understand how people think these are any kind of a good idea
dur

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #228 on: June 28, 2012, 09:45:03 PM »
when i managed the comic shop this dude came in with a spawn tattoo which ran the length of his considerably ham-like leg

i bet that seems like an awesome decision nowadays
sup

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #229 on: June 28, 2012, 09:46:16 PM »
when i managed the comic shop this dude came in with a spawn tattoo which ran the length of his considerably ham-like leg

i bet that seems like an awesome decision nowadays

Did he smell like potted meat?

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #230 on: June 28, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »
no, he was just a dumb redneck

i have smelled that pungent odor many a time, though
sup

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #231 on: June 28, 2012, 09:50:11 PM »
I just like poking fun at dumb things.  This is a dumb thing, so poke-poke.  I'll go after any company (and have, right here), because I realize I am a consumer who should demand better things from the faceless corporations I give the money I earned fucking up my back and knees, rather than thinking they're my buddy or that I have to defend their stupid anti-consumer actions as some sort of weird "keeper of the faith."

I also feel that everyone should have the balls the question and call out bullshit. Regardless of whether you end up buying whatever these corporations are serving, it's OK to be skeptical even for a moment -- and share the skepticism with others-- instead of swallowing it up like lobotomized, cultist cum pigs, then clap like distinguished mentally-challenged sea lions for more.
Unzip

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #232 on: June 28, 2012, 09:51:37 PM »

I also feel that everyone should have the balls the question and call out bullshit. Regardless of whether you end up buying whatever these corporations are serving, it's OK to be skeptical even for a bit instead of swallowing it up like lobotomized, cultist cum pigs, then clap like distinguished mentally-challenged sea lions for more.

:rofl

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nintendo fans know not what they do
[close]

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2012, 09:59:33 PM »
I always chalk some of that up as the forum's schtick inherited from grandma drinky (but lacking the wit and flavor), but maybe there's more substance to it, I don't know.
Unzip

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #234 on: June 28, 2012, 10:03:11 PM »
are we talking about me?
sup

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #235 on: June 28, 2012, 10:06:03 PM »
I don't know who Oscar is talking about, but I'm talking the crazy teet-suckling kids of today.
Unzip

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #236 on: June 28, 2012, 10:08:20 PM »
I'm also going to admit that I have no idea what was being discussed the last two pages that brought this up, I'm too pretty to read through that. :-*
Unzip

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #237 on: June 28, 2012, 10:08:45 PM »
Yeah, I agree, nobody should be free of criticism, but if emcee thinks there is a disproportionate amount of criticism coming from particular people when the topic is Nintendo, he's not wrong, in my opinion.

But I'm sure if I stroll over to the Diablo thread, I'll find Triumph chastising people for buying Diablo 3 and supporting Blizzard's shitty decisions, right?

nintendo just has a lot of stuff going on recently, so they have more for us to shit on currently.

nfans also seem to take it more personally than say when sony/vita is shat on. that i've seen at least
dur

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #238 on: June 28, 2012, 10:12:54 PM »
Taco-chan is a testament that Sony/Vita fans can take it just as personally as any ninthing, with a pinch of emo too. Then again he's just one case.
Unzip

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2012, 10:15:55 PM »
i shit on the vita, too
sup