Author Topic: 3DS XL Announced  (Read 35468 times)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: 3DS XL Announced
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2012, 01:38:25 AM »
Nah, it's okay i'll wait for a revision

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2012, 01:47:49 AM »
Hopefully the larger size will make it more comfortable, after playing SMB 3DL and Mario Kart I can't look at the thing any more without an onset of hand cramp.
◕‿◕

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2012, 02:27:47 AM »
4GB SD card included,Sony am cry

No AC adapter must be one of the most stupidest decisions ever,might as well sell 3DS in parts.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:49:51 AM by maxy »
cat

Takao

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2012, 02:54:33 AM »

No AC adapter must be one of the most stupidest decisions ever,might as well sell 3DS in parts.

If they do that they might reveal that the 3DS costs 50 cents to make.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2012, 02:56:38 AM »

As if they weren't already crying

Also, apparently US is getting the adapter
sup

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2012, 03:20:46 AM »
Europe and Japan get the shaft again.Pay more,get less.

Unbelievable,AC adapter is now an issue to rich as fuck Nintendo.
cat

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2012, 03:35:36 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39137711&postcount=1342

Loving the fact that they didn't include a second stick.

These people.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2012, 03:42:19 AM »
I like this post
wait, so how do you recharge it if it doesn't come with one?

Find some rusty wire and stick in your ass,that should do the trick.
cat

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2012, 03:46:58 AM »
or a masturbation electricity catcher. all nintendo needs to do is include some shots of princess peach in a bikini.

bam. done.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2012, 03:51:01 AM »
Regarding the AC adapter: I actually like that it comes without one. It will certainly confuse people but if I was to buy one I would actually be quite happy that I don't have yet another adapter that is exactly the same as the three others I already have.

Economically that makes a lot of sense, nature will be happy too.

have no words
cat

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2012, 03:53:35 AM »
ninthings are a variant of a sub-human species, no need to have words just point and laugh

parallax

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2012, 04:44:59 AM »
I own two compatible AC adapters already. I don't need a third one, so I'm happy I'm not forced to buy one.

oh my god

I don't have words for this shit, so ill laugh maniacally through the night. Fuck the neighbors.

Damian79

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2012, 04:55:02 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39137711&postcount=1342

Loving the fact that they didn't include a second stick.

These people.

There is never going to be a second stick for the 3ds.  Nintendo made their bed and now they have to sleep in it.  Gamers will suffer because the vita bombed.

Damian79

« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2012, 05:39:56 AM »
This is why we need Sony always in the red. To balance the cheapest mothefucker asians on the planet: Nintendo.

whoa hey whoa hey whoa

they might be the cheapest japanese, but using asians brings china into the mix, and i don't know if you can out-cheap people who pay a cent per hour in wages.

Yeah Nintendo pays their employees too much.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2012, 06:33:14 AM »
Fuck off Nintendo. That's why the last Nintendo hardware I bought is the GameCube. I will NEVER pay those cheapfucks for hardware again.
I got conned into buying post GameCube HW :-\

Fortunately for my own sanity I offloaded it a few months later.

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2012, 07:31:44 AM »
This is actually a downgrade. Bigger screen in nice, but who wants to play games in such shitty resolution nowadays.

Besides the ntards. Their standards are low anyway.

Bigger screen should have higher res. The graphics will look even worsen now. I'm waiting for the real revision. Not this cheap cash-in.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:33:26 AM by Third »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2012, 07:50:11 AM »
Ehn, the DS was awesome.  I feel like missing out on that is like the handheld equal of missing out on the PS2.  I mean, you could, but you end up looking like a weirdo.

I did not miss DS games without owning a DS FYI. DS library is as you said sorta, kinda comparable to PS2 one. No sane gamer would like to miss those games.

:rofl Dirty pirate.

I think I'm gonna get this, everything sounds beyond better than regular 3DS except the blown up graphics. But I'm sure we will get impressions when it comes out in Japan and Europe.
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2012, 08:12:46 AM »
No second analog pad is  :lol .

I will get one of these if the form factor makes the system more comfortable to use- 3DS hurts the shit out of my left hand.
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2012, 08:35:45 AM »
I might cave if retailers start doing a sale on regular 3DS, though.
fat

Damian79

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2012, 08:46:01 AM »
I dont understand why people even thought there was going to be another analog stick.  It would have been a distinguished mentally-challenged business decision.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2012, 08:46:54 AM »
fat

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2012, 08:50:35 AM »
too big and too ugly. also functionally useless as a hardware iteration.

Lol, no charger.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2012, 08:51:20 AM »
from gaf,no idea if true
3DS XL - 336 grams
DSi XL - 314 grams
PSP1000 - 280 grams
Vita - 260 grams
3DS - 235 grams
DSLite - 218 grams
DSi - 214 grams
PSP2000- 189 grams
PSPgo - 159 grams*
cat

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2012, 08:54:10 AM »
Fuck nintendo

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2012, 09:36:04 AM »
I wonder how ugly this'll look with frankenstick XL.

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2012, 10:17:47 AM »
"who needs a 2d  stick??"

Ntards crack me up. The same people who praise a fucking touchscreen on the WiiU controller.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2012, 10:18:32 AM »
We need to stop calling these handheld devices portable. That thing is too big.
dur

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2012, 10:20:20 AM »
"who needs a 2d  stick??"

Ntards crack me up. I guess those people are going to praise a fucking touchscreen on the WiiU controller.

Same people defending no multitouch and resistive touchscreen
dur

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2012, 10:35:33 AM »
I dont understand why people even thought there was going to be another analog stick.  It would have been a distinguished mentally-challenged business decision.

Because they already made a big gimpy clubfoot attachment for the regular 3ds in acknowledgement of their initial design mistake?

sup

Damian79

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2012, 11:47:09 AM »
Because it would screw over iniatial adopters.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2012, 11:48:08 AM »
CPP screwed over initial adopters.
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »
Dropping the price screwed initial adopters.
fat

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »
no second analogue in a world where the circle pad exists is about the most distinguished mentally-challenged thing ever. and it would not screw anyone over if they mandate that all games have a control scheme without second analogue. Devs can add a second analogue scheme atop that.

Damian79

« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2012, 11:54:07 AM »
CPP screwed over initial adopters.

No it didnt it showed initial adopters what a crappy system the 3ds was.

Dropping the price screwed initial adopters.

Ok this is true.

no second analogue in a world where the circle pad exists is about the most distinguished mentally-challenged thing ever. and it would not screw anyone over if they mandate that all games have a control scheme without second analogue. Devs can add a second analogue scheme atop that.

Then that would still suck for initial adopters because they have the inferior controls.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2012, 12:02:53 PM »
Then that would still suck for initial adopters because they have the inferior controls.
They still have playable games. If they want the extra control options they can buy a cpp and 3DS games going forward have more(better) control options. They can always throw more ambassador stuff at people with a first gen 3DS as a sort of apology. Going forward this is the best and most elegant solution for everyone involved.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2012, 12:25:14 PM »
They still have playable games. If they want the extra control options they can buy a cpp and 3DS games going forward have more(better) control options. They can always throw more ambassador stuff at people with a first gen 3DS as a sort of apology. Going forward this is the best and most elegant solution for everyone involved.

This- multiple control schemes can be offered for all software.  Don't like it?  Upgrade.  Welcome to the world of technology.  :p
ど助平

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2012, 01:43:48 PM »
i just got an email,3DS XL for 1$ if you bring them a psvita 3G and 2 psvita games :teehee
<----

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2012, 01:55:48 PM »
I thought I was eating crow when I said nintendo doesn't think a second analog stick is important for the 3ds and then proceded to announce the ccp.  Turns out I was right!
~*regurgitates crow*~

I think this has more to do with not confusing consumers or stratifying their market.  They've done stuff like that contrary before, yeah, but Anihawk over on GAF made a good point.  This thing is launching with NSMB2.  They're trying to replicate the 'second launch' effect ds had with a new revision and a 2d mario game in addition to offering retail games on the eshop all in the same month.  Wait what was my point again.
sad

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2012, 01:58:55 PM »
This is why we need Sony always in the red. To balance the cheapest mothefucker asians on the planet: Nintendo.

whoa hey whoa hey whoa

they might be the cheapest japanese, but using asians brings china into the mix, and i don't know if you can out-cheap people who pay a cent per hour in wages.

Vietnam.

Also, hell yeah at the revision. Bigger screens is good for me and I still don't have a 3DS... Still kinda lame there's no second analog stick, Nintendo seems to have no fucking clue anymore  :lol
^_^

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2012, 02:14:38 PM »
Selling my Vita for this.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2012, 06:53:32 PM »
I'm going to skip this and just get the new Microsoft tablet instead.  Had there not been a tablet coming out, I probably would buy this.
🍆🍆

originalz

• Z!?
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2012, 08:54:06 PM »
The interesting thing is how upgrade paths will move after this.  The DSi XL was based on the final version of the DS, but this is only based on the first version of 3DS.  I wonder what'll happen with future 3DS versions, and if they'll make a normal and XL version if they do improve the hardware.

huckleberry

« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2012, 10:24:27 PM »
lol this thing looks so big and janky......i fucking love it.

wub

Damian79

« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2012, 11:21:21 PM »

True, i guess it it just because i only play RPG's that i am defending this, because almost all of them dont need a second analog.

Damian79

« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2012, 11:36:46 PM »
You know the 3ds had a better show at the nintendo direct than at E3, pretty pathetic really.

drew

• sy
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2012, 01:27:44 AM »
^- got a link to the video?

Damian79

« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2012, 01:38:54 AM »

Japanese Nintendo Direct

US Nintendo Direct

Europe Nintnedo Direct

Damian79

« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2012, 04:43:33 AM »
I only saw the japanese one, it was so much better than the crappy e3 showing.

Himu

« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2012, 04:54:28 AM »
anyone who still watched gaming press conferences and shit after last e3 really needs to like, learn about something called cause and effect
IYKYK

Damian79

« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2012, 05:27:58 AM »
anyone who still watched gaming press conferences and shit after last e3 really needs to like, learn about something called cause and effect

Hmm?  I have no idea what you mean.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2012, 07:02:20 AM »
Banana chaos theory and Newtonian WiiU tablet flinging momentum

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2012, 09:42:18 AM »
A lack of a second analogue stick is possibly to stop people thinking wrong things about the Wii U pad - i had heard that the 3DS redesign would mimic the control scheme of the Wii U so that the two -could- interoperate but.... that's probably the basis for the Wii Three as it's seemingly a bit too progressive ;)

$1 + Vita + 2 games for 3DS LL ? Sounds like a great deal!
O=X

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
3DS XL Announced
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2012, 01:32:23 PM »
I hope they're going to run a similar deal for the 3DS. I really want one, but the available colors for NA (red/blue) are horrendous. I'm a fan of matte finishes, but it made those two colors look like cheap chinese knockoffs.
Unzip

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2012, 05:26:28 PM »
I think the point is that they can see that they could dupe people out of a high value item and then sell it for big profit wins - the 3DS is basically getting replaced here so the trade in value of that is going to be around $FREE.99
O=X

Tasty

« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2012, 04:29:23 AM »
If anything, I think the lack of a second stick shows the CPP was really just a concession to Capcom.  Other third parties are using it a bit, but it obviously wasn't Nintendo's idea.  Gotta save something to sell the next generation of hardware with, I suppose.

Nintendo: Announcing the DS-Uss, our next generation of hardware.  It has the same processor as an iPhone 4, a second analog stick, and an OLED screen!

Nintards, with tears streaming down their faces: INNNNNNNNOOOOOOOVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATIOOOOOOOOOOOON

Sonytards: we no longer exist now that sony was purchased by the tupperware company and focuses on making containers that go "prrrbbthhhht" when you open them

That'd be pretty sweet. Maybe next gen.

Anyways I have no idea if I want this. The PPI is absolute puke but I'm playing my handhelds at home now and the larger screen might be a bit more agreeable. Very disappointed it doesn't have the second stick. Wonder if the NA sales of the CCP factored in at all, they seemed to basically be testing the waters with the limited supply and Gamestop exclusivity. Guess we failed the test. :'(

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2012, 04:43:49 AM »
If anything, I think the lack of a second stick shows the CPP was really just a concession to Capcom.  Other third parties are using it a bit, but it obviously wasn't Nintendo's idea.  Gotta save something to sell the next generation of hardware with, I suppose.

Nintendo: Announcing the DS-Uss, our next generation of hardware.  It has the same processor as an iPhone 4, a second analog stick, and an OLED screen!

Nintards, with tears streaming down their faces: INNNNNNNNOOOOOOOVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATIOOOOOOOOOOOON

Sonytards: we no longer exist now that sony was purchased by the tupperware company and focuses on making containers that go "prrrbbthhhht" when you open them

Don't you mean "maybe two generations from now, when there's an iPhone 7"

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2012, 09:35:16 AM »

Anyways I have no idea if I want this. The PPI is absolute puke but I'm playing my handhelds at home now and the larger screen might be a bit more agreeable. Very disappointed it doesn't have the second stick. Wonder if the NA sales of the CCP factored in at all, they seemed to basically be testing the waters with the limited supply and Gamestop exclusivity. Guess we failed the test. :'(

It was out of stock at Gamestop and the Nintendo online store for a long time. That's what led me to believe they were gearing up for a 2nd stick revision.

Anyway, I think they ought to drop the DSi XL altogether and slot the OG 3DS around that price point. $99 DSi, $149 3DS, $199 3DS XL.  I'd pick up the first 3DS for $149 just to play the 3-4 games I am interested in, and a CCP for RE Revelaitons.
sup

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »
fat

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2012, 04:08:30 PM »
Was waiting for this. Pleasantly surprised it's coming this year. Can't wait to get my hands on Kid Icarus :hyper
SRY

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2012, 04:09:05 PM »