Author Topic: 3DS XL Announced  (Read 35473 times)

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Re: 3DS XL Announced
« Reply #240 on: June 28, 2012, 10:16:37 PM »
Taco-chan is a testament that Sony/Vita fans can take it just as personally as any ninthing, with a pinch of emo too. Then again he's just one case.

true, but he seems to come around a bit. even he ackowledges how shitty sony can be most some times when dealing with da vita
dur

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #241 on: June 28, 2012, 10:17:47 PM »
i shit on the vita, too

I love taking pictures of my shit with the Vita, it *pops* on DAT OLED so much you can almost taste it.
Unzip

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #242 on: June 28, 2012, 10:18:49 PM »
it's not polite to speak ill of the dead
sup

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #243 on: June 28, 2012, 10:21:59 PM »
The Vita is far from being dead. Off the top of my head:

1. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
2. Gravity Rush
3. Lumines
4. Touch My Katamari
5. Unit 13
6. Dynasty Warriors Next
7. Escape Plan
8. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
9. BlazBlue
10. Mortal Kombat
11. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
12. Hot Shots Golf
13. Virtua Tennis 4
14. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
15. MotorStorm RC
16. Disgaea 3
17. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
18. Plants vs. Zombies
19. Super Stardust Delta

Vita still has no gaemz, though.

Still great games to come that have been announced:

LBP
Sound Shapes
Call of Duty
Assassin's Creed
FIFA 13
Smart As
Sonic All Stars
PlayStation All Star Battle Royale
Bioshock
and more
+ unannounced titles (gamescom + Tokyo Games Show (yes Sony are going) + PlayStation Heaven).

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Though it could be mistaken for a Lyte post lol.
[close]
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:24:13 PM by Shaka Khan »
Unzip

Himu

« Reply #244 on: June 28, 2012, 10:26:55 PM »
Yeah, I agree, nobody should be free of criticism, but if emcee thinks there is a disproportionate amount of criticism coming from particular people when the topic is Nintendo, he's not wrong, in my opinion.

But I'm sure if I stroll over to the Diablo thread, I'll find Triumph chastising people for buying Diablo 3 and supporting Blizzard's shitty decisions, right?

everyone in that thread has given blizz ample criticism bro
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #245 on: June 28, 2012, 10:45:23 PM »
He's had lot of criticism but he's such a slut for it, he's like the equivalent of the chick who loves sucking dick but doesn't wanna swallow, and when he's about to bust a nut on her fresh tongue, she takes it out, puts her hand out and says,"wait up, I don't swallow" and goes back to sucking.

I don't like Nintendo but I"m not bitter towards them, and I agree some are bitter. But not all of us. Some of us just like to laugh at incompetence. All I'm in for is SMT4.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #246 on: June 28, 2012, 10:51:18 PM »
The Vita is far from being dead. Off the top of my head:

1. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
2. Gravity Rush
3. Lumines
4. Touch My Katamari
5. Unit 13
6. Dynasty Warriors Next
7. Escape Plan
8. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
9. BlazBlue
10. Mortal Kombat
11. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
12. Hot Shots Golf
13. Virtua Tennis 4
14. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
15. MotorStorm RC
16. Disgaea 3
17. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
18. Plants vs. Zombies
19. Super Stardust Delta

Vita still has no gaemz, though.

Still great games to come that have been announced:

LBP
Sound Shapes
Call of Duty
Assassin's Creed
FIFA 13
Smart As
Sonic All Stars
PlayStation All Star Battle Royale
Bioshock
and more
+ unannounced titles (gamescom + Tokyo Games Show (yes Sony are going) + PlayStation Heaven).

[close]

Though it could be mistaken for a Lyte post lol.
[close]

I guess this would light fires if I hadn't played it all already.
fat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #247 on: June 28, 2012, 11:20:34 PM »
Maybe some people should realize it happens all the time, get over it, and move into the exciting world of shirtless photography.

(Image removed from quote.)

:nsfw

:yuck :yuck :yuck

Saving this shit:
^_^

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #248 on: June 28, 2012, 11:22:40 PM »
I have nothing against Nintendo, or any other company. At one point or another I've owned an original DS, a DS Lite, a DSi, an NES, an OG Gameboy, a Gamecube, and I even gave the Wii three different chances to grab me. I'll no doubt have owned a 3DS at least once before it's all over. Hardware tends to pass through my hands pretty fast, and I have no problems selling or trading something if I get tired of it or I'm not getting much use out of it.  If anyone takes offense at anything I say about Nintendo/MS/Sony, or reads anything into it other than legitimate criticism or me just having a laugh - well, I don't really care.

Vita's dead, everyone can "well, maybe if..." all they want, but by this time next year it may as well not even exist. Nintendo could have slapped a second stick on this XL thing and funnelled off some of that third-party "core games" (the types of games that i like to play) corpsewater.  They're just cheap fucks. That's the real reason for it not being there. So now I have to slide my finger around glass if I want to play the kinds of games I like in a portable form.
sup

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #249 on: June 28, 2012, 11:34:40 PM »
Eh, that was a little overboard.  Let's all just get drunk and fuck in the light of a virtual boy bonfire.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:38:01 PM by Creepy Old Guy »
yar

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #250 on: June 28, 2012, 08:41:40 PM »
I'll be getting this because I have no soul and I hate myself
püp

Himu

« Reply #251 on: June 28, 2012, 08:44:10 PM »
Eh, that was a little overboard.  Let's all just get drunk and fuck in the light of a virtual boy bonfire.

hope this wasn't cuz of my comment. should have added the caveat that that description was the entire d3 thread despite all our issues haha
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #252 on: June 28, 2012, 08:50:52 PM »
Bitter? No. In the same way a company like valve has earned goodwill with me over the last 5 years Nintendo has shot their reputation to shit in the last 8 years or so. I'm naturally going to give a shit company more grief than one that is sporadically shit. This isn't bitterness.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
3DS XL Announced
« Reply #253 on: June 28, 2012, 08:54:42 PM »

I saw it pre-edit. Who knew you have a heart big enough to erase that? :heart
Unzip

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #254 on: June 28, 2012, 09:11:55 PM »

hope this wasn't cuz of my comment. should have added the caveat that that description was the entire d3 thread despite all our issues haha

no, it was directed at oscar before i read a later post he made. 
yar

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #255 on: June 28, 2012, 09:31:09 PM »
If anything you should be more concerned about the software outlook going into 2013, because I'm not too confident about it at this point.

Shin Megami Tensei 4.

Holy fuck I almost forgot about this. Buying a 3DS XL is gonna be the best thing that happens to me this whole year.
SRY

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #256 on: June 28, 2012, 10:13:20 PM »
Valve?  I could go on  a sissy fit rant about how I bought tf2 for 20 bucks once upon a time and yet im still treated like a f2p guy when it comes to getting any items that I want outside of random drops, but I don't because uhhhh... apathy.  I'm not bitter like some people. 
sad

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #257 on: June 28, 2012, 10:42:35 PM »
Valve?  I could go on  a sissy fit rant about how I bought tf2 for 20 bucks once upon a time and yet im still treated like a f2p guy when it comes to getting any items that I want outside of random drops, but I don't because uhhhh... apathy.  I'm not bitter like some people. 
Expressing displeasure at something dumb that happened yesterday isn't being bitter.  Being bitter is to piss on Nintendo for inconsequential bullshit because you are angry about random unrelated bullshit that happened 10 years ago. At no time did I nor anyone else here displayed an unreasonable grudge towards Nintendo, I dunno where you are getting this bitter nonsense, or perhaps you are using the word in some arbitrary way?

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #258 on: June 28, 2012, 10:46:03 PM »
I read this forum which includes your posts.   Don't play coy with me, duder. 

Anyway, final word, you have options.  Explore those.
sad

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #259 on: June 28, 2012, 10:54:46 PM »
I read this forum which includes your posts.   Don't play coy with me, duder. 

Anyway, final word, you have options.  Explore those.
Okay. So you are saying the various complaints about Nintendo is not in fact based on the fact that they have been releasing sub standard hardware, made more distinguished mentally-challenged choices than anyone the last decade etc? You are saying I'm upset because Mario pee'd in my cornflakes 10 years ago. Sure awesome. I wonder what Microsoft did for me to laugh at them for their crappy Kinect poop , $99 locking in poop, same old core game bullshit. I wonder what Sony did to me to make me not play my Vita since launch and deride them for not having games I want, laughing at move bullshit, laughing at wonderbook bullshit laughing at PSPGo when it launched. I wonder what EA did to me to make me .. etc etc etc.

No instead of the fault lying with Nintendo for making absolutely bullshit choices, it is me that is holding some random grudge against Nintendo. Go on going on brah

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #260 on: June 28, 2012, 10:58:19 PM »
Hey guys bomb monkey just came out on the eshop and its kinda cool.  Sorta derivative of tetris attack stuff but you cant go wrong with 5 bucks.  Still trying to wrap my head around it. 
sad

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #261 on: June 29, 2012, 04:06:48 AM »
I wish I stepped out after quoting demi :(

Fifstar

« Reply #262 on: June 29, 2012, 04:49:53 AM »
Is the main problem that Nintendo hasn't implemented the second nub because a)people here think Nintendo wants to bank on the frankenstick xl or b)that Nintendo just doesn't fully embrace dual analog on the 3DS? Because I don't believe that a) is the main reason why Nintendo left it out on the xl.
Gulp

Damian79

« Reply #263 on: June 29, 2012, 04:58:08 AM »
Is the main problem that Nintendo hasn't implemented the second nub because a)people here think Nintendo wants to bank on the frankenstick xl or b)that Nintendo just doesn't fully embrace dual analog on the 3DS? Because I don't believe that a) is the main reason why Nintendo left it out on the xl.

AKA 1 analog nub is bad enough.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #264 on: June 29, 2012, 05:00:59 AM »
I think most people's (I'm certainly speaking for myself here) gripe is definitely b) and also c) Nintendo's apparently stubborn refusal to implement design innovations that they didn't originate (dual analog, workable online, etc) into their games/tech is seen as fucking dumb.

Like, I've owned every system Nintendo has put out up until the 3DS (and I keep trying to ignore the impending Fire Emblem release so I won't break down and buy one) and enjoy most of their marquee titles (talking Mario and Zeldas here, shit like Pikmin, Animal Crossing, etc can go DIAF) but just can't see myself continuing to sink money into their coffers as a day one or even early adopter of their increasingly shitty tech.  I'll probably buy a Weeeeoooo at the end of it's lifespan and buy anything worth playing that it's in my wheelhouse as far as preferred games goes.

Like, if you enjoy ACTUALLY PLAYING GAMES then shit like Nintendoland should be an insult to you.  I really don't understand the mindset of people who enjoy crap like that.  Anyway, we've wandered kind of far afield from the 3DSxl but yeah, tl;dr version is that Nintendo's head is up it's own ass.
yar

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
3DS XL Announced
« Reply #265 on: June 29, 2012, 05:08:09 AM »
It's pretty obvious that they have no desire to support it, and that it was stitched together for the sole reason of supporting Capcom's titles. And I agree with whomever said that having a second stick would've been great, but the time for it was 2010 when the 3DS was unveiled. I also subscribe to the idea that Nintendo might never embrace or incorporate it in future iterations out of stubbornness and sheer pride.

But at the same time, and with how badly the Vita is performing, I was hoping that all the devs who were counting on Sony's stillborn would find a home on the 3DS platform. That Nintendo would court as many of them as possible by providing a greater scope and versatility with the hardware. Unfortunately that's not going to happen, and they will continue to restrict and enforce limitations, because nothing is more beautiful than innovation that is bred through handicaps and retardedness! (Actual excuse)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:09:45 AM by Shaka Khan »
Unzip

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #266 on: June 29, 2012, 05:21:13 AM »
It's kinda funny watching mighty Nintendo fighting for profitability,Iwata made some pretty big mistakes--I think people will ask for his head next year.Unless WiiU becomes $$$ printing machine of course.

3D fad seems to be over(did anybody even mention 3D at E3?) so Nintendo is left with a screen that draws more power and is more expensive to produce than conventional screen.

Expensive handheld device + shitty battery life...not good
cat

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #267 on: June 29, 2012, 05:26:27 AM »
rofl I have been using two sticks since like 1998, guv. sony made the mistake of giving psp one stick, and rectified this by giving vita two sticks.

This is an interesting parallel, because I seem to remember a lot of people whining to Sony wanting them to put a second stick on the PSP as well. And groaning when all those PSP revisions came out with... ONLY ONE STICK.
地平線

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #268 on: June 29, 2012, 05:30:22 AM »
This is an interesting parallel, because I seem to remember a lot of people whining to Sony wanting them to put a second stick on the PSP as well. And groaning when all those PSP revisions came out with... ONLY ONE STICK.
Yeah that was pretty shitty. I despised the claw, playing through MGS and all the MonHuns physically hurt my soul. After the Go came out though I decided to say fuck it and just troll the whole situation so I can at least get *something* positive out of it.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
3DS XL Announced
« Reply #269 on: June 29, 2012, 05:31:51 AM »

You know what, it really is. Most of the arguments for the inclusion of a second stick cite the PS1 dual shock situation, but completely sidestep the PSP. Between the two companies and those two scenarios, Nintendo may come across as the more cooperative company. Who woulda thunk it!

(I'm having flashbacks of a raging Eel when the Go! was announced. I guess not much has changed since then lol)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:49:07 AM by Shaka Khan »
Unzip

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #270 on: June 29, 2012, 05:47:04 AM »
Biggest troll for me was the first time I saw the PSP Go slide open. There is an indentation RIGHT THERE for a second nub. From the video i saw it looked like a second nub, only for it to be fucking select and start.

raged so hard that day lol

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #271 on: June 29, 2012, 05:52:41 AM »
I bet Sony now regrets for not releasing PSPF stick,they would made tons of $$$ on some cheap plastic shit.

I would get one
cat

frod

« Reply #272 on: June 29, 2012, 06:55:21 AM »
Bitter? No. In the same way a company like valve has earned goodwill with me over the last 5 years Nintendo has shot their reputation to shit in the last 8 years or so. I'm naturally going to give a shit company more grief than one that is sporadically shit. This isn't bitterness.

most of your work in this thread isn't directed at Nintendo corp though.  :P
f u

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #273 on: June 29, 2012, 07:23:58 AM »
3D seems to have pretty much stalled outside of the cinema, thankfully so.

most of your work in this thread isn't directed at Nintendo corp though.  :P
I feel EA are minutes away from a distinguished mentally-challenged thing so I will soon be spreading the scorn more evenly :'(

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #274 on: June 29, 2012, 07:56:21 AM »
Biggest troll for me was the first time I saw the PSP Go slide open. There is an indentation RIGHT THERE for a second nub. From the video i saw it looked like a second nub, only for it to be fucking select and start.

raged so hard that day lol

:lol shaka did a photoshop mockup with the second stick

everyone was all WTF SORNY that day

i just bought one for $50 btw :lol
sup

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #275 on: June 29, 2012, 08:31:47 AM »
I kind of want a PSP Go, can you get a new for cheap because they are selling em for like $200.00 new now :'(

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #276 on: June 29, 2012, 08:37:04 AM »
Gamestop has them for $70 used in store, $80 "refurbished/recharged" (whatever the fuck that means) on their site. I traded in a couple of games and brought a used one down to $50.
sup

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #277 on: June 29, 2012, 08:39:35 AM »
Gamestop has them for $70 used in store, $80 "refurbished/recharged" (whatever the fuck that means) on their site. I traded in a couple of games and brought a used one down to $50.

Taken out of the box played during work hours, handled with cheeto lathered hands, cleaned off and repackaged.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:46:53 AM by D3RANG3D »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #278 on: June 29, 2012, 08:59:34 AM »

Taken out of the box played during work hours, handled with cheeto lathered hands, cleaned off and repackaged.

No, that's what Gamestop calls "new".
^_^

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #279 on: June 29, 2012, 09:01:34 AM »

No, that's what Gamestop calls "new".

You got a point :lol, fuck you Gamestop.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #280 on: June 29, 2012, 09:05:22 AM »

I doubt it was used at all. PSP Go is a dud. Right there with Vita.
fat

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #281 on: June 29, 2012, 09:34:57 AM »
whats funny is I am still waiting to upgrade my OG pink DS phat I bought in 2005. The new 3ds could tip me over! But this thing still works great. i've beaten a bazillion games on it and it's still going strong.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #282 on: June 29, 2012, 09:41:01 AM »
But you wont be able to use your piracy cart. They just released an update that killed a bunch.
fat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #283 on: June 29, 2012, 09:50:01 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480527

Nintendo E3 conference was so bad. Two days ago, I wondered how Steve Jobs would have done it. And here is the result.
I don't own a blog, otherwise I would have linked to it. Hope the mods will let me host it here :)

Enjoy the read!

Welcome everyone.

This is a day I’ve been looking forward to for two years. Every once in a while, a unique product comes along and changes everything. And Nintendo has been – well, first of all, one’s very fortunate if you get to work on just one of these in your career.
Nintendo’s been very fortunate. It’s been able to introduce a few of these.
In 2004, we introduced the Nintendo DS. It didn’t just change Nintendo, it changed the whole gaming industry. With the first mass market touchscreen interface, DS allowed people from 4 to 77 to play videogames. The result? DS sold more than any console ever released.

In 2006, we introduced the Nintendo Wii and we brought motion gaming to the world. To this day, Nintendo sold 96 millions wii consoles, 30% more than our closest rival. We sold 200 millions wiimotes. Over 250 millions miis avatars have been created. Wii Sports is the most played party game in the history of videogames, with an estimated billion of people who played it at a friend’s, a family gathering or a public place.

Well, today, we’re introducing three incredible products of this class.
The first one is a GamePad merging touchscreen, motion and classic controls.
The second is a game changing tablet, opening a new window into game worlds
And the third is a new HD console with a built in social network

So, three things, a GamePad, merging the best innovations ever created by Nintendo; a game changing dual screen set up; and a breakthrough new social console.

An ultimate GamePad, a dual screen set up, and a social console. These are not three separate products, this is one product, and we are calling it Wii U.

Today, Nintendo is going to reinvent the videogame market again.

Now, you know, one of the pioneers of the IT industry, Alan Kay, has had a lot of great quotes throughout the years. And I ran across one of them recently that explains how we look at this. Explains why we go about doing things the way we do, cause we love software. And here’s the quote: “People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware.” You know, Alan said this 30 years ago, and this is how we feel about it. And so we’re bringing software to a dual screen console like it’s never been done before. It’s five years ahead of anything on the market.

The second thing we’re doing is we’re learning from the Wii, and the wiimotes.
You know, we’re gonna ship our 100 millionth Wii this year, and that’s a lot of 10s of millions of people that know how to use a wiimote.
Right?
So you just take a wiimote in hand, and you know how to play.
You’re gonna do the same thing with Wii U. It recognizes the wiimote you already have at home. Day one, when you get the Wii U, you’ll be able to play multiplayer games with your wiimotes. The system will also be backwards compatible with your Wii games, and other peripherals such as your balance board.

Third thing I wanna talk about is design. Let me introduce you with the Wii U system. It’s a bit bigger than our previous Wii console. And it’s much, much more powerful. It’s the first Nintendo HD console ever. The Wii U console can stream beautiful graphics on both your HDTV and the Wii U GamePad. This is what GamePad looks like.
We’ve designed something wonderful for your hand, just wonderful.
It’s the perfect fusion of the best Nintendo controllers of these last 25 years. Touchscreen. Motion. Classic controls. It’s got everything, engineered in the most elegant way.

Let’s start with the 6.2 inch resistive touchscreen. It’s really big. You can use it to write notes on a virtual keyboard, draw paintings, browse the web, watch TV. We’ll have tons of apps and informations here at your fingertips.

And of course you will use the touchscreen in games. All kinds of games. So, let’s go ahead and have a look. Here is Rayman Legends, a gorgeous Wii U exclusive. As you can see I’m using the touchscreen to play Rayman with my friend John who’s standing next to me. John will use a wiimote. With the touchscreen on the GamePad, I’m performing totally different actions than him. See that? It’s like having 2 games in one. This is what we call asymmetric gameplay. It’s a groundbreaking innovation that will make people from all horizons want to play together. With Wii U control options, core gamers will be able to enjoy challenging games with more casual gamers, that mainly play on smartphones or tablets. If you have young brothers, cousins; if you are a father with young kids. You can now play your favorite games with them. It’s a fantastic social experience. Actually, this is how we envision videogames.

Now what I wanna do is show you the GamePad can work in parallel with 4 other wiimotes or classic controllers. Up to 5 players can play together on Wii U. Let’s see how it works. Here, you can see me play a fantastic launch title, New Super Mario Bros U with 4 people. I’m using the tablet to help my friends… or make their game harder. Look at this, it's seamless. By design, Wii U offers the most ambitious set up on the market for local multiplayer. Asymmetric gameplay, 5 players supported, ability to reuse your wiimotes. It’s the new console king to host family and party games.

So now, the touchscreen will also be used in single player games, in the most creative ways. Let’s have a look at Zombi U from Ubisoft, a fantastic game making great use of Wii U unique features. See how the action displayed on the GamePad is different than what happens on the TV? Here you can see me scan the surroundings. Hey here comes a Zombi! Hats of to Ubisoft, the way they designed this game with the dual screen set up, it’s very, very clever. Adds a great level of tension compared to a single screen experience.

DS and 3DS owners know it already, having a second screen is much appreciated to display a map or an inventory. It can be used to add more command options. Or select tactics in a sports game. It enhances gameplay. It also gets rid of annoying things, such as the need to pause the game to make certain selections. Also, why clutter the TV screen with HUD informations when you can display it on the GamePad? Developpers will have endless possibilities to take advantage of this additional screen. You’ll see plenty of fresh, new ideas applied in Wii U launch games on the show floor. And we’ve only scratched the surface.

Now, we’ve also got some stuff you can’t see. The GamePad has a built-in 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyroscope, same technologies that equip your Motion+ Wiimotes. Here you can see me move inside a scene in a software called Panorama View. See how I move to point the GamePad above head height, down at the ground, swiveling on the spot to see behind? It gives a full insight into the happenings of the video. The change in perspective is realistic, as if actually being there at the time and simply turning around. This is made possible with the sensors. This offers developers tremendous opportunities to make you feel immersed in the games. Imagine using it in a game with a cockpit view, or underwater for scuba diving. Isn’t that great? Yeah.

Then we have speakers built in the GamePad. Wii U offers a 5.1 surround sound, but we thought it would be even better if you could also get additional audio information, right from the controller you hold in your hand. So we made it. GamePad has stereo speakers. By the way, GamePad can be used as a standalone screen in some games. Let’s say you want to play a game while someone in your room wants to watch TV. No problem. Here I am playing Trine 2 Director’s cut right from the GamePad, while the TV is displaying a football game. The GamePad streams content from our new Wii U console. It’s not magic. It’s an exclusive Nintendo technology that is completely lag free under a decent distance. Lag free. This is the real deal. Not the pale copy some of our competitors try to push with inevitable, game breaking lag. To come back and close on the sound topic, we’ve got a headset jack, all your headphones fit right in. John can watch his football game, while I play on the GamePad with my headphone in perfect conditions. Isn’t that cool?

There, we have a microphone and a front-facing camera. Let’s launch a video chat with my friend Mike. “Hi Mike, how are you?” See, holding the camera in my hand helps me have my face displayed in full screen, and not as a tiny element at a distance. It looks great. I can have the video chat displayed on the GamePad, and keep doing other things on the TV screen. Very useful. Wii U will be equiped with a stand, so that you can lay the GamePad on your table. Having the microphone in the GamePad, so close to the mouth will benefit voice commands recognition in future games. Nintendo is the first console manufacturer to include a camera as a standard in all consoles we will sell. Each household with a Wii U will be able to videochat with their friends who also have a Wii U. Very easy to use, very cool.
Next, buttons. Let me say few words about buttons. It’s an interesting topic and I will be frank with you. No matter how successful we were with the Wii, we lost some 3rd party support and we lost wome gamers, because the wiimote could not play all games designed around a complete set of buttons. You couldn’t play all your favorite games the way you were used to. So we heard you, we wanted to build the best controller ever, and I’m pleased to say the GamePad offers dual clickable analog sticks, 4 face buttons, L/R bumper buttons and ZL/ZR trigger buttons. We also have a fantastic D-pad. And a stylus. And rumble. Our controller can handle any game configuration you can think of, and then some.

You can’t see it but we have bluetooth support. It’s very useful. For instance, WiiFit U will include a pedometer, that will communicate with the GamePad via bluetooth, so that you can transfer your walking information. It’s a great motivational tool. How do I do this? Well I don’t need to power on the TV, launch the console and boot the WiiFit game. Studies we ran showed some of our consumers stopped using their balance board, because it was not enough convenient compared to their traditional balance. We solved this issue with WiiFit U. I can now simply grab the GamePad, touch the WiFitU icon, and… that’s it. It’s that simple. I’m now ready to measure my weight or transfer pedometer informations. Very, very easy. As WiiFit U tracks weight evolution for all family members, we think you now have the most useful and practical way to reuse your balance board.

Last but not least, the GamePad supports NFC, near field communication. This is a new technology with lots of potential. This is a forward thinking move to include it in the GamePad, and you will learn more about it in the near future.

With all these embedded technologies, GamePad remains incredibly light. It’s lighter than most tablets out there, at about 500 grams. It’s pretty unbelievable, and I think when you have a chance to get your hand on it, you’ll agree, we have reinvented the controller.

So, now, let’s take a look at the built in social network as part of Wii U.
Nintendo has had some great success with online, such as in Mario Kart Wii.
We reckon we also had room for improvement. We felt we were late with what our competitors offered, and so we brainstormed on how we could close this gap.
You know, thinking out of the box is what Nintendo excels at, this is why our company is 100 years old. And so, instead of hastily copying our competitor online structures, we took our time, we observed market trends. And today, we think we’ve got a winner. We are building a whole new online console paradigm. And so it’s my pleasure to introduce you Miiverse, a pretty spectacular idea.

In a nutshell, Mii-verse is a key component in our online offering, it is a way to be social and to discover things online. You can certainly do multiplayer online, but we're really focusing on community and sharing and discovery because that's something that's new and unique and fun, we think, that Nintendo's uniquely qualified to bring.
MiiVerse is short for Mii Universe. As with our last Nintendo hardware releases, you’ll create your Mii when you first boot up the console, a newly high-definition representation of yourself on screen. Here is where things get interesting: from the home page, the place in which you select which game you’d like to play, Mii characters of people using that game will appear gathered underneath. If you struggle, you simply open the home menu, open the chat area of the game which you’re playing and you’ll see help and advice made by other people stuck in the same location. Within seconds you can go from playing a single player game to playing a game with the help of strangers.
When Miiverse is integrated into your gameplay, new breakthroughs happen. Gamers can talk about their overall progress and even challenge each other as they play.
For the first time in gaming history, the “massively multiplayer” is going to be a key part of any gaming experience.

Mii-verse will work across every game, including those without online components of any kind. Developpers can put the MiiVerse in their games. Let me who you an example of how it works. Here on the screen, you can see how we use it in New Super Mario Bros U. Not only will you be able to see what others are saying … but you’ll also be able to connect right within the game.

Wouldn’t it be great if you were able to call up and interact with this Nintendo console service on your smartphone or tablet? Well we’ve got it. Somebody away from the game - stuck on the other side of the country bored on a train – can use 3DS, PC, or any web-enabled mobile device, to aid your progress without needing to be at the console.

So we are building our own social network and we think this is a pretty big deal.

Now, I wanna take a minute and highlight another fantastic social feature.
We see Wii U as a family device, and so it will support multiple user accounts on the same console. There's actually twelve different accounts you can have on any one piece of hardware. So when you grab the GamePad, first thing you do is you login with your mii. From this moment you’ll have an experience that’s tailor made for you, with different games featured, different friends, or your own message box.

You will love this, you will be able to exchange drawings and messages with your relatives in your home, with your friends in a dorm... It’s a great communication tool.

In addition to making Wii U a formidable gaming machine, the Gamepad also presents opportunities for you to make it part of your daily life. The controller has TV remote capabilities. You can power on your TV, change channel, switch to Wii U, all from your GamePad. Isn’t that awesome? And the size of the GamePad screen gives it great multimedia potential. It will make it apart of your living rooms, even when the Wii U is off.

In addition to Netflix, the console's streaming video options will include Hulu Plus, YouTube and Amazon Video, that will take advantage of the integrated second-screen experience. Nintendo is all about user experience, and we are building something incredible. We want people to reach for their GamePad before their TV, before their iPad. With the Wii U, our ultimate goal is that this might be the most looked-at screen in the house, the screen on the GamePad itself. That’s our goal.

About digital content, you saw we take it very seriously with our Miiverse mobile strategy. Our goal is that, in the future, you will be able to purchase games found in the Miiverse from that smartphone or tablet device and, by the time you arrive home, that game will already have arrived on your Wii U system through SpotPass. For the Wii U hardware system, from the beginning, we've planned to make it possible for people to release their games as either an optical disc or as digital content... There are no technical restrictions.

Let me show you one of these titles, it’s called Trined 2 : Director’s Cut, and you will be able to download it from our digital store at launch. It’s absolutely gorgeous. Director's Cut features the "developers' vision of Trine 2 fully formed, including the original game with numerous enhancements, such as the new party mode, Magic Mayhem. Magic Mayhem was designed specifically for Wii U and creates a more challenging atmosphere for the existing multiplayer mode.

As you can see, I can play it only on the controller with the TV off. It’s so easy, so easy to start a game right from the GamePad. No need to power on your TV. Just grab your GamePad and you’re ready to play. All the 2D games you saw today will benefit from this feature. Titles developped around a dual screen set up will still require the TV to be on, for obvious reason.

Now Trine 2 is not the only Director’s cut game that will come out on Wii U. We are very pleased to announce Ninja Gaiden 3, Batman AC and Mass Effect 3 Director Cuts editions will be available at launch. These are enhanced versions of the games some of you have played already. Most of you missed these though, and now is the perfect time to discover it on Wii U.

Ubisoft is using the GamePad in Assassin’s Creed 3, which looks incredible on Wii U. Look at this video. This is the first time Assassin's Creed appears on a Nintendo console, and we are very happy with that.

Ubisoft will also release 3 party games at launch: Just Dance 4, Rabbids Land and Sports Connections. All these will play like no other previous games, thanks to the GamePad.

We have 27 launch games on the show floor and we won’t have time to cover them all during this conference. On top of these, many more Nintendo, western and japanese 3rd party titles will be unveiled between this summer and this fall.

Here is one game coming from Japan I can show you. It’s called Project P-100 and it’s amazing. Project P-100's the debut Wii U offering from Platinum Games, and it's the latest title from master action director Hideki Kamiya. The touchscreen gets a real workout. Unite attacks are triggered by sketching a shape on the Wii U's touchscreen. Draw a circle, and you'll turn your heroes into a giant red fist. Draw a line, and they'll come together to form a gleaming blue sword. The whole thing feels as precise as you might hope. It took just fifteen seconds of the ten-minute demo I played to fall in love with what Platinum's created.

Now what about Nintendo titles at launch? So far we showed you Wii Fit U, and New Super Mario Bros U. Combined, these two games sold 70 millions on Wii, SEVENTY. MILLIONS. We want our consumers to know we will keep giving them what they want. And make it better. Much better, as you can expect.

Now let me introduce you to a new magical Nintendo game. It’s called Nintendo Land and it’s probably one of the more fun games you will play on the show floor of E3. NintendoLand will serve as the new system's version of Wii Sports ; a killer app that can immediately convey the appeal of the system's new controller. NintendoLand does a fantastic job of demonstrating what can be done with the touchscreen-equipped GamePad.

Nintendo Land takes players through a virtual theme park filled with attractions/mini-games that are based off of classic Nintendo franchises. There will be 12 mini games in all, and 5 are playable at the show. All these are crafted to be simple pick-up-and-play experiences. They still provide a great amount of depth and replay value to casual and hardcore gamers alike.

Each of the mini-games included as part of Nintendo Land demonstrate different mechanics. Let’s have a closer look on these:

Donkey Kong's Crash Course is a physics-based platform-racer where you use the GamePad's gyroscope to tilt your cart through a maze of girders and platforms to reach the end goal as fast as possible. The TV screen provides a complete overview of the map, with the GamePad providing a closer look at your particular location.

The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest showcases how three people can be playing the exact same scene and having entirely different experiences. As Wiimote controlled Link-constumed Mii's attack foes with their swords, the Wii U controller based player uses the screen and motion controls to fire arrows as a ranged support character. It plays as good as it looks, I love it.

Animal Crossing: Sweet Day is my favorite. In most games, communication between players is rarely utilized, but Animal Crossing: Sweet Day makes this element of gameplay instrumentally important. Sweet Day features up to four candy-loving animals – controlled using Wii Remotes – trying to steal 50 pieces of candy from a candy orchard being protected by two guards – controlled using the Wii U GamePad. Each controller provides a unique experience for the players.The strategic aspect of Sweet Day is sure to appeal to gamers of all ages and degree of experience.When you bring friends over to show them the Wii U, this is bound to be the one game you will definitely want to show them.

Takamaru's Ninja Castle is a modern reinvention of the NES's Duck Hunt. With this attraction you have to swipe your finger across the Wii U GamePad screen in order to unleash ninja stars with the tilt of the GamePad controlling aim. he quickness of the swipe determines how fast the ninja stars fly toward enemies. You will be able to rack up combo points by successfully taking out multiple ninjas in a row. This attraction is a surprising challenge, which demonstrates another unique use of the Wii U GamePad.

Luigi's Ghost Mansion is another favorite of mine. It borrows a few ideas from the Miyamoto designed Pac-Man Vs. that appeared on the GameCube. Four players control their Miis on-screen with their wiimote while the fifth player controls a ghost with the GamePad. The twist: The ghost is invisible on the main T.V. screen. The ghost can only be seen on the GamePad screen. The object of the game is for the four players to survive for five minutes, or destroy the ghost using their flashlights. The ghost has an opposite goal: to touch the four players before time runs out. It’s a very simple concept, a next generation of hide and seek, which you could never play if you were limited to just one screen.

I think you can tell a classic multiplayer game by its ability to instantly unite strangers. Nintendo Land is that game. Get a group together, and Nintendo Land will genuinely make you laugh. Every person who tested Ninteno Land loved it and had a really great time. It’s probably the best mini game compilation we’ve ever done at Nintendo. If you’re willing to give Nintendo Land a chance, you’ll have one hell of a time.

Nintendo Land is a great way to introduce casual gamers to our core franchises. It is going to more effectively convert casual players to more kinds of games by virtue of its sampling of a number of beloved Nintendo franchises.

Speaking of which, let me end this presentation with a cherished Nintendo franchise, that will be available at launch.

It’s my pleasure you introduce you to Pikmin 3. Wow. Look at this, isn’t that gorgeous? The long-awaited return of Nintendo's strategy title works brilliantly on Wii U. The Wii U's HD output amplifies all the Pikmin-ness of the series: the forest looks more lush and beautiful. We are using tilt-shift effect to make the environment really look like a very tiny realistic garden.

Pikmin 3 can be played with either the GamePad or Wiimote-and-Nunchuk combo. On the Wii U GamePad you will always see the overall map of the level. You can touch the map and scroll very quickly over the environment. You can also play the game using only the GamePad.

It truly feels like a classic Nintendo game, everything just comes together perfectly. Pikmin 3 promises to be an unbelievably welcome sequel and an outstanding addition to the early Wii U library.

And it’s only the beginning. Expect your favorite Nintendo franchises to receive the same amazing Wii U treatment.

Nintendo’s basic strategy is to expand the gaming population. We would like as many people as possible, regardless of age, gender and game play experience, to have access to our games. We want you wii owners to upgrade with Wii U, keep your wii peripherals, and experience franchises you love like never before. You will discover new fantastic titles, new genres, new clever ways to play games. And we also want PC, x360 and PS3 owners to join us, and get a fresh gaming experience with Wii U. It is so different, it is certainly the best complementary console you could wish for.

We feel like Wii U's launch lineup has a bit of everything for everyone.

We are at the end of this conference now, and we only gave you a glimpse of what’s to come for the Wii U by the time it launches. That is because we want to surprise you… and our competitors. We’re very excited about this.

You know, there’s an old Wayne Gretzky quote that I love.
I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.
And we’ve always tried to do that at Nintendo.
Since the very very beginning.
And we always will. So thank you very very much for being a part of this.
cat

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #284 on: June 29, 2012, 09:53:04 AM »
PSP Go is a pretty awesome piece of hardware, would have been great without weak battery life, bullshit proprietary memory, and a fairly priced, well-populated online library of titles. Good thing they learned their lesson there!
sup

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
3DS XL Announced
« Reply #285 on: June 29, 2012, 09:57:53 AM »
Unzip

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #286 on: June 29, 2012, 10:09:27 AM »
:lol
sup

Himu

« Reply #287 on: June 29, 2012, 10:56:54 AM »
rofl I have been using two sticks since like 1998, guv. sony made the mistake of giving psp one stick, and rectified this by giving vita two sticks.

To be fair, I was saying the same shit about the original psp. Lack of second stick was a huge oversight. The difference here is that Sony didn't release an add on for a second stick, half assing it. No, they waited an implemented a full on second stick in its sequel. The differences between these two situations are huge, if only because of the CPP's very existence or whatever the fuck it's called: the fact that Nintendo, intent on refusing to admit they were wrong, release a second stick that you ADD ON TO THE SIDE OF THE SYSTEM instead of releasing a second iteration WITH a second stick included. How are these situations remotely the same? Nintendo went the cheap way, the Nintendo way.
IYKYK

cool breeze

« Reply #288 on: June 29, 2012, 11:10:42 AM »

What's worse is that the way everyone wanted them to go about it is how PSP games are handled on the Vita.  Include an OS option to remap the right stick to d-pad, face buttons, or mirror the left stick.  Then the newer games could include an alternate option for dual analog.  That's more or less how the PS1 handled it.  Dual analog was only required or standard for a few games.

Himu

« Reply #289 on: June 29, 2012, 11:20:44 AM »
They are both pretty bad options haha
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #290 on: June 29, 2012, 11:23:11 AM »
ど助平

frod

« Reply #291 on: June 29, 2012, 11:24:10 AM »
Honestly Himu, I'd rather have the add-on than nothing at all.  Not including it in the XL is derp, but not as derp as spending six years shoehorning games meant for two sticks onto one with no other option.  I'll take the "half-ass" solution over not fucking doing anything if those are the only choices we have.

Especially when they're filling their partner platform with FPS franchises ripe for porting.

Nintendo clearly don't give a shit about FPS. I'm kind of surprised the wagglepad even has a second stick.
f u

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #292 on: June 29, 2012, 11:40:01 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Stupid, stupid, stupid. For fucks sake there is a perfect place for the second stick under the button diamond on the right hand side!
Hi

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #293 on: June 29, 2012, 12:10:18 PM »

To be fair, I was saying the same shit about the original psp. Lack of second stick was a huge oversight. The difference here is that Sony didn't release an add on for a second stick, half assing it. No, they waited an implemented a full on second stick in its sequel. The differences between these two situations are huge, if only because of the CPP's very existence or whatever the fuck it's called: the fact that Nintendo, intent on refusing to admit they were wrong, release a second stick that you ADD ON TO THE SIDE OF THE SYSTEM instead of releasing a second iteration WITH a second stick included. How are these situations remotely the same? Nintendo went the cheap way, the Nintendo way.

What do you mean, "waited"? They released, what, four or five PSP revisions after the first one? And they didn't add a second stick. Like Oscar said: Nintendo at least provided an alternative.
地平線

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #294 on: June 29, 2012, 01:55:04 PM »
but then where would i rest my doritos, trent?

think, for fuck's sakes

Nintendo™ to announce Potato Chip Holder Pro™ add-on for 3DS™ XL® Jumbo®.
ど助平

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #295 on: June 29, 2012, 02:01:48 PM »
Nintendo fuck up---no second stick in XL,optional
Sony fuck up--no second stick at all

Sony loses

I wonder what Sony execs are thinking watching 3DS,probably  :duh
cat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #296 on: June 29, 2012, 02:04:40 PM »
When the PSP was out, no other handhelds had a second stick.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #297 on: June 29, 2012, 02:10:10 PM »
exactly.
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #298 on: June 29, 2012, 02:11:10 PM »
I dont think a second optional stick would have worked for the PSP, there is just no good place to put it. It would have needed it built in as a revision.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #299 on: June 29, 2012, 02:20:43 PM »
There was nothing stopping them from releasing some Frankenstick cradle.

cat