Author Topic: Apple Basic Bitch Thread  (Read 65293 times)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: Fuck you Apple
« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2018, 12:08:45 PM »

And iPhoto ugh. It needs to be smarter. I was at a photo print kiosk at a store a few weeks ago trying to print pics of my kids. The guy behind me got a full view of my wife in all her glory because the damn hidden photos aren’t actually hidden. Even if you hide a photo it ends up in photo stream and Moments on all your other devices.
Apple is stupid as fuck and they still function as if everyone using their products are 10 year olds.

The lack of auto-correct on 'bad words' is just such a joke at this point, especially when your CEO is an intensely gayman    :beli

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2018, 04:10:53 PM »
Yeah apple has a lot of dumb shit (icloud, tunes, photos etc)

But its still miles ahead of android where it matters: appstore, stability

In the end why would anyone care the apple apps are crap now if you can get the best and most stable apps from the app store? Its your own fault for keeping itunes lol

kingv

« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2018, 04:31:15 PM »
Apple really should just dump Siri and allow Google or Amazon or whoever else to sell their AIs like an app. Siri is never going to be able to compete at this point because Apple doesn’t harvest their users data.

iCloud would be alright if it integrated better with the OS X file system. If I save a PDF or something it should be in my documents folder on my Mac. Instead everything is tucked away in the iCloud folder where a lot of the file structure feels redundant.

And iPhoto ugh. It needs to be smarter. I was at a photo print kiosk at a store a few weeks ago trying to print pics of my kids. The guy behind me got a full view of my wife in all her glory because the damn hidden photos aren’t actually hidden. Even if you hide a photo it ends up in photo stream and Moments on all your other devices.

Might as well just post it here, now that it’s out there.

:exxy :whatsthedeal :blessup :exxy :whatsthedeal :blessup

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2018, 05:48:13 PM »
Well if you really want to see her, here you go:

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
just kidding. But she looks great. Good jerk off material for sure
[close]
:nsfw

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #184 on: May 02, 2018, 10:43:23 AM »
The earnings call turned out to be average, and with everyone running for the hills beforehand this gives apple stock a boost.  :shaq2

The Iphone X isn't totally dead either like some people predicted. In the long run this hurts Apple. Their execs probably think all is good and they can continue to be the new Comcast of customer satisfaction.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #185 on: May 02, 2018, 11:27:48 AM »
I pick up a X a couple of weeks ago. Easily the best phone and camera I've ever had. FaceID works better than I expected. Though it only works half the time with a hat and sunglasses on. Plus, my carrier had a promotion and I got $350 off of the price.
©ZH

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2018, 11:36:18 AM »
I pick up a X a couple of weeks ago. Easily the best phone and camera I've ever had. FaceID works better than I expected. Though it only works half the time with a hat and sunglasses on. Plus, my carrier had a promotion and I got $350 off of the price.
I'm still rocking a 6s. With the battery replacement program this thing still has life. I was close of getting the X but something about it turned me off (could have been the fact that they didn't even include an actual fast charger plug which is fucking insane not to do) I'll wait for whatever phone comes out this fall and then i'll switch.

What carrier gave you $350 though?

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2018, 11:50:47 AM »
AT&T. I was also turned off by the X at first. Once I realized that the screen was bigger than my 6S+ it was an easier decision. I ended up giving my old phone to my son which is the only reason I got a new phone.
©ZH

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2018, 11:53:35 AM »
i'm going to wait it out until the end of the year. either get the XS or the X when it's a lower price.

What i really want though is the watch.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2018, 05:18:18 AM »
I wimped out on switching to Android. My provider called me and offered me an upgrade to an iPhone 8 (sizable, as I'm on 6, not 6 Plus or 6S) and bump my plan to 20GB/month for the same rate as I'm currently paying if I commit to 2 years.

Well, hell yes.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2018, 08:55:41 AM »
I'm going to cling to my 6s Plus as long as possible or until they bring back Touch ID. Fuck Face ID. I don't want a phone where my wife can't unlock it because it only recognizes 1 face.

Still having a headphone jack is also nice.

Brehvolution

« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2018, 09:53:11 AM »
Face ID does the same thing when Touch ID doesn't work and asks for the code to unlock it.
i'm going to wait it out until the end of the year. either get the XS or the X when it's a lower price.

I've had a series 2 "Watch edition" which is the more expensive but relatively indestructible version. It's a little thicker as well. The sapphire glass face is still pristine and scratch free. I can't say the same for the stainless steel housing which has some scuffs and scrapes from everyday wear for over a year. Most of them are waterproof as well.

The watch face gallery is uninspired and I always find myself going back to the same one. You can control the flow of music and volume. It's too small of an area to search for music on the watch. You are better served to find what you want and hit play on your phone.

It's handy to tell Siri to call or text someone when you are alone and don't want to look like idiot in public. Especially when it doesn't work the first time. Text messages show up and are easily readable. You can respond with your voice which is handy when you are driving. Call quality on the watch is fair, but not that loud. The other person can e hard to hear if there is background noise like when driving.

If you are still on the fence, get a cheap version to try it out. Then upgrade when it's something you see yourself using in the long term.

tl;dr version. 7/10 would buy again.
©ZH

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2018, 02:02:08 PM »
Face ID does the same thing when Touch ID doesn't work and asks for the code to unlock it.

I've had a series 2 "Watch edition" which is the more expensive but relatively indestructible version. It's a little thicker as well. The sapphire glass face is still pristine and scratch free. I can't say the same for the stainless steel housing which has some scuffs and scrapes from everyday wear for over a year. Most of them are waterproof as well.

The watch face gallery is uninspired and I always find myself going back to the same one. You can control the flow of music and volume. It's too small of an area to search for music on the watch. You are better served to find what you want and hit play on your phone.

It's handy to tell Siri to call or text someone when you are alone and don't want to look like idiot in public. Especially when it doesn't work the first time. Text messages show up and are easily readable. You can respond with your voice which is handy when you are driving. Call quality on the watch is fair, but not that loud. The other person can e hard to hear if there is background noise like when driving.

If you are still on the fence, get a cheap version to try it out. Then upgrade when it's something you see yourself using in the long term.

tl;dr version. 7/10 would buy again.
The main pull on the watch for me would be the ability to use it at the gym without a phone in my pocket constantly slipping out. I want it for that ability to answer calls and listen to music. Outside of that the heart monitor is nice.

I'll probably wait until this fall to see if a new version comes out or if the price drops on the 3rd edition.

Brehvolution

« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2018, 04:07:35 PM »
Non LTE watches have 5gb of local storage for music when the phone is not within bluetooth range. Plenty of room for a couple of playlists. Sync the headphones to the watch and you'll be good to go. The watch does a more precise measure of the health metrics tracked(heart rate, steps, and sleep if you want to wear it overnight).
©ZH

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2018, 06:14:12 PM »
Non LTE watches have 5gb of local storage for music when the phone is not within bluetooth range. Plenty of room for a couple of playlists. Sync the headphones to the watch and you'll be good to go. The watch does a more precise measure of the health metrics tracked(heart rate, steps, and sleep if you want to wear it overnight).
to receive calls do you have to have the phone near bluetooth range? no right? i can leave the phone home, on wifi, and then use the watch at the gym and receive calls right?

Apple does some things great and then other things that leave me baffled. Like, how the fuck does IOS still not allow multiple users??? The Ipad is such a worthless device for a home when you can't have multiple user profiles. Fucking apple. do they really expect every single individual to have their own ipad? they live in Sanfran valley la la fucking land.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2018, 10:14:56 PM »
San Francisco isn't a valley
每天生气

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2018, 10:38:58 PM »
San Francisco isn't a valley
i was adding silicon valley with sanfran you fuckboy

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #197 on: May 04, 2018, 02:12:34 AM »
Yeah, Apple considers each iPhone, iPad, iPod to be an individual's sole device.

Yeah, it's lame.

It's even more lame to consider how many extra devices they've likely sold due to this policy.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #198 on: May 04, 2018, 08:30:08 AM »
I'm going to cling to my 6s Plus as long as possible or until they bring back Touch ID. Fuck Face ID. I don't want a phone where my wife can't unlock it because it only recognizes 1 face.

Can't you just use a passcode?  :doge

I gotta admit, I was very much against the removal of headphone jacks, but since I got a Pixel 2, I haven't cared.  Don't have BT headphones or anything...just realized that I rarely if ever use headphones with my phone in general, and hey, there's a adapter for it if needed.  Still sucks if you want to listen and charge at the same time, though. 
ど助平

Brehvolution

« Reply #199 on: May 04, 2018, 08:45:06 AM »
to receive calls do you have to have the phone near bluetooth range? no right? i can leave the phone home, on wifi, and then use the watch at the gym and receive calls right?

If your phone was ever on the gym's wifi, the watch will be as well so yes it will work like it is attached to the phone. I left my phone at home one day and went to work. I received all my messages on the watch. You would need the phone nearby for calls though.
©ZH

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2018, 10:40:49 AM »

If your phone was ever on the gym's wifi, the watch will be as well so yes it will work like it is attached to the phone. I left my phone at home one day and went to work. I received all my messages on the watch. You would need the phone nearby for calls though.
facetime calls won't work though if the phone is at home?

I gotta admit, I was very much against the removal of headphone jacks, but since I got a Pixel 2, I haven't cared.  Don't have BT headphones or anything...just realized that I rarely if ever use headphones with my phone in general, and hey, there's a adapter for it if needed.  Still sucks if you want to listen and charge at the same time, though.
Yeah i never understood the outrage over this.  At this point if you're using headphones with a phone it should be wireless. And if you're an audiophile you're already using a separate DAP with an amp anyways.

Brehvolution

« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2018, 11:37:49 AM »
Looks like Facetime audio will work.
©ZH

kingv

« Reply #202 on: May 04, 2018, 08:37:32 PM »

I miss my headphone jack honestly. Long since lost my dongle, my Bluetooth headphones are shitty, at the bottom of my workout bag, and I always forget to charge them, but I have 4 pairs of headphones in my desk.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #203 on: May 05, 2018, 09:21:11 AM »

I miss my headphone jack honestly. Long since lost my dongle, my Bluetooth headphones are shitty, at the bottom of my workout bag, and I always forget to charge them, but I have 4 pairs of headphones in my desk.
i got the BeatsX recently. I swore i'd never buy Beats anything but these are really nice. The sound quality isn't as good as wired, but after a few min you don't even notice the difference.

Being wireless around the city, at the gym, is just so much better. There's no reason to have a wired headset with your phone. No reason at all.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Tasty

Tasty

« Reply #206 on: May 24, 2018, 11:54:46 PM »
I have the Essential and coming from someone who's used Android since 2012, it's actually pretty weird getting updates every month.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/05/24/essential-reportedly-cancels-second-phone-puts-sale/

Welp, lol.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2018, 12:14:08 AM »
I have the Essential and coming from someone who's used Android since 2012, it's actually pretty weird getting updates every month.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/05/24/essential-reportedly-cancels-second-phone-puts-sale/

Welp, lol.

:neogaf

Who didn't see that coming? Beyond brawn anyway. Asking $500 or so for a literal "Who?" company phone that has grand/lofty-goals like that panorama camera accessory doesn't get support. Who knew!?

Brehvolution

©ZH

Tasty

« Reply #209 on: June 04, 2018, 04:53:26 PM »
RIP OpenGL on Apple devices for no reason

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #210 on: June 04, 2018, 06:00:21 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #211 on: June 04, 2018, 06:07:46 PM »
RIP OpenGL on Apple devices for no reason
Apple just killed 90% of the indie game development on their platform.

What the fuck.  :doge

"Jon, it's time to open the vault and see what Steve left us to save Apple."

"Yes, Tim. Let's open the vault and see what Jobs left us..."

*finds note*

"There's a small note here Tim"

"What does it say Jon?"

"It says: "Kill OpenGL, love Steve"
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #212 on: June 04, 2018, 06:46:37 PM »
Tim Cook: "Hey it worked when we did it to Flash, what's the difference? :idont"

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #213 on: June 04, 2018, 06:52:13 PM »
Here we have Google and Amazon working tirelessly on world domination with A.I and what does Apple do? Offer you more animojis.

This is the entire Apple team now. A bunch of fucking queens and women running the show. No macbook updates, or references to their shit keyboard. This is a goddamn disaster and yet stocks are up?

It shows you that most of these 'analysts' are Ted Dansoned. When Steve Jobs was dropping revolutionary products you got the analysts saying "they can't keep this up, what happens after ipods? there's nothing" but now the company is clearly lacking any real innovation or leadership but "wow look at that you can stick your tongue out! let's bump this stock to the roof"

:shaq2

Tasty

« Reply #214 on: June 04, 2018, 06:54:00 PM »
If pump and dumps work with penny stocks, why not the richest tech company in the world? :idont

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #215 on: June 04, 2018, 11:01:42 PM »
Here we have Google and Amazon working tirelessly on world domination with A.I and what does Apple do? Offer you more animojis.

This is the entire Apple team now. A bunch of fucking queens and women running the show. No macbook updates, or references to their shit keyboard. This is a goddamn disaster and yet stocks are up?

It shows you that most of these 'analysts' are Ted Dansoned. When Steve Jobs was dropping revolutionary products you got the analysts saying "they can't keep this up, what happens after ipods? there's nothing" but now the company is clearly lacking any real innovation or leadership but "wow look at that you can stick your tongue out! let's bump this stock to the roof"

This is the dumbest fucking post
püp

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #216 on: June 04, 2018, 11:12:39 PM »

:badass

woah someone really liked those new animojis

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #217 on: June 05, 2018, 12:08:02 AM »

Welp, lol.

Who didn't see that coming? Beyond brawn anyway. Asking $500 or so for a literal "Who?" company phone that has grand/lofty-goals like that panorama camera accessory doesn't get support. Who knew!?

I paid $150 for a 4 month old phone that was originally like $700. I'm not gonna claim I had any great expectations but this phone performed better than any other I've had (S2, Nexus 5, Moto X Pure). I could say the same thing about my first experience with a cougar, no regrets then no regrets now.

Yeah, okay I wouldn't recommend this to a Patagonia wearing survivalist who's used the same toothbrush since 1984, but it's a great trap phone as the kids would say. Can install LineageOS and not worry too much if you brick it.

Not sure how ceramic/titanium recycling works tho.

Tasty

« Reply #218 on: June 05, 2018, 03:00:34 AM »

Apple Schills™ aren't welcome ITT.

nudemacusers

« Reply #219 on: June 05, 2018, 03:29:35 PM »
What about smart, intelligent Apple product buyers?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Tasty

« Reply #220 on: June 05, 2018, 03:32:14 PM »
What about smart, intelligent Apple product buyers?

Imaginary people are likewise banned from the thread, sorry.

nudemacusers

« Reply #221 on: June 05, 2018, 03:33:11 PM »
RIP dufus’ girlfriend  :(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #222 on: July 12, 2018, 12:42:04 PM »
macbook pro bump in specs https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2018/07/apple-updates-macbook-pro-with-faster-performance-and-new-features-for-pros/

it's a big bump in terms of specs but ignores all the other problems people have with these macbook pros.

what does this mean for the macbook air/macbook? it's not looking very promising.

nudemacusers

« Reply #223 on: July 12, 2018, 06:15:36 PM »
Ready for a new air put one in me daddy cook
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #224 on: July 14, 2018, 12:42:34 PM »
Ready for a new air put one in me daddy cook
Yeah, ready for a new air as well but that new pro looks enticing. There's rumors they'll be discontinuing the air with only the macbook as an option. Makes sense considering how thin they are. What more could they do with an air besides go full 'chrombook' which would be stupid.

So i don't know if i should wait for the new macbooks or jump on this pro. i don't need all that power, and at 1799 that's pretty steep.

Corporal

« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2018, 08:38:01 PM »
As long as they have such a hard on for their stupid fragile butterfly keyboard tech that they stick to it even in the face of significant breakage I'm not even gonna look at these things. Fuck replacing like half the laptop just because a key is busted. Also their stupid gimmicky touch bar that I somehow really want despite knowing that it's crap and a shit replacement for Esc&Fn keys.

I'm more thinking about an iPad 2018. There's some offerings where you technically get the iPad (or the LTE plan) for free. Maxes out at 5GB of LTE data per month, but that is enough for on the go stuff. Two years commitment at 20 bucks per month. Reasonable as far as Telekom plans go in good old Germany. Hmmmm....

I just can't get myself to like the newer iOS's. I hate the design. I'd seriously pay 50 bucks more to get the pre-v7 iOS UI with some bugfixes under the hood. No need for multitasking and all that other jazz. Basically a Gandpa-iPad.

So, I should probably just get a random Amazon tablet on sale for cheap and suffer through Android for a few more years.  :-\  :yuck
!list

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #226 on: July 17, 2018, 07:46:14 PM »

The throttling
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #227 on: July 17, 2018, 08:15:54 PM »
$6700 brehs.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #228 on: July 17, 2018, 08:27:38 PM »
But why would anyone buy such a laptop? that'd burn a hole through your fucking balls and if it's going on a table all the time why not just buy a desktop?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #229 on: July 17, 2018, 08:27:59 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #230 on: July 17, 2018, 08:28:50 PM »
But why would anyone buy such a laptop? that'd burn a hole through your fucking balls and if it's going on a table all the time why not just buy a desktop?

But then how am I show supposed to show everyone that I'm a successful professional as I sit in Starbucks all day long?  ???
ど助平

Corporal

« Reply #231 on: July 17, 2018, 09:34:53 PM »
"""Pro"""

Small reminder. This is the "Pro" line. Made by Professionals, for Professionals. None of that cheapo crap for the lowly plebs. A Pro price for Pro performance and Pro extensibility.

:whatsthedeal :umad

!list

Tasty

« Reply #232 on: July 17, 2018, 09:50:33 PM »
And Pro third-degree burns.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #233 on: July 17, 2018, 10:29:01 PM »
"""Pro"""

Small reminder. This is the "Pro" line. Made by Professionals, for Professionals. None of that cheapo crap for the lowly plebs. A Pro price for Pro performance and Pro extensibility.

:whatsthedeal :umad

Ha ha! FAKE NEWS.  "Extensible" doesn't belong in any sentence where Apple hardware is concerned!

nudemacusers

« Reply #234 on: July 17, 2018, 10:36:25 PM »
if you were really pro all of your devices would be wifi/bt enabled. cords are for the working classes.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2018, 04:28:43 PM »
was checking out the Macbook pros. Man they're nice. Pricey, but fucking nice.

If a new macbook air doesn't come out this fall i may have to go with a pro.

jorma

« Reply #236 on: July 29, 2018, 05:05:50 PM »
The title of this thread is grossly misleading, "fuck me apple (again and again)" would be a more relevant title.

Tasty

« Reply #237 on: July 29, 2018, 05:53:32 PM »
There's a great Mega64 podcast skit dealing with Rocco's Apple obsession titled "Apple Cuck." :lol

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #238 on: July 29, 2018, 07:14:48 PM »
The title of this thread is grossly misleading, "fuck me apple (again and again)" would be a more relevant title.
there's simply no other alternative that offers everything apple does though. it's that complete integration that keeps me there despite the bullshit they pull with the "apple tax"

i mean just look at that android google thread. people talking about 'we get 2 year support with a pixel" like wtf? 2 years of software updates? that's fucking laughable. i've had my iphone6 and macbook air for over 4 years and they're both working perfectly fine and if i didn't have the desire to upgrade i could stick it out with this phone for at least another year, and this laptop for a solid 3 more years if not more.

not to mention the resale value on apple products is much higher so you tend to recoup some of that "apple tax" anyways.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 07:19:20 PM by Assimilate »

Tasty

« Reply #239 on: July 29, 2018, 08:32:14 PM »
Pixel 2's get three years of software updates, which is the same as the iPhone.

The iPhone also recently got raked over pretty bad about the whole "slowing down old phones" update. Aside from that, there's been diminishing returns in macOS and iOS software updates anyways, as you yourself have said ITT (re: Animojis.)

Resale values are on a long timescale so it's much harder to judge them for newer products than Apple's lines, but the Pixel's resale prices have remained fairly good and consistent. A used first-gen Pixel can be bought today on eBay for $200-250, which is easily comparable with a used iPhone 7.

To be clear, you're paying a first-party "tax" no matter who you go with (Apple, Microsoft, Google), but to pretend there's a huge gap in ecosystems these days is just outdated thinking. Pick what you like, but don't pretend it's inherently better.

Edit- And if we're throwing laptop updates into the mix, there's simply no question that Chrome OS beats everyone else. But that's not really fair since it was created over a decade after Windows and macOS, and automatic updates were a huge priority in its initial design.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 08:38:27 PM by Tasty Meat »